8.9

1. Apr 20, 2014
    And alas, The Beatles: Rockband... for Wii. Being an absolute Beatles fanatic, I bought this game (For Wii, because that's all I have...). Anyway, It's brilliant, entertaining, and just plain fun the whole way. The game includes studio recordings (studio chat), fun and interesting dreamscapes, real footage, DLC, Wi-Fi multiplayer, and more! All in all, it has a very high replay value andAnd alas, The Beatles: Rockband... for Wii. Being an absolute Beatles fanatic, I bought this game (For Wii, because that's all I have...). Anyway, It's brilliant, entertaining, and just plain fun the whole way. The game includes studio recordings (studio chat), fun and interesting dreamscapes, real footage, DLC, Wi-Fi multiplayer, and more! All in all, it has a very high replay value and it earns a 10 from me. Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2014
    beatles are the number rovk peace band alive today . its a fun game for family sing crazy songs and sing with your family and enjoy it please
    Grade A+
  3. Nov 27, 2012
    Flawless port of TB:RB to Wii. The only downside slightly higher DLC prices since they can't be bought in packs. That's it. Everything else is a perfect port of the PS360 versions and captures everything that makes the game great. The game doesn't contain any OMGWFTBBQ hard tracks; it's not about mastering another combination of 5 buttons anymore. Instead it's about using your fake guitarFlawless port of TB:RB to Wii. The only downside slightly higher DLC prices since they can't be bought in packs. That's it. Everything else is a perfect port of the PS360 versions and captures everything that makes the game great. The game doesn't contain any OMGWFTBBQ hard tracks; it's not about mastering another combination of 5 buttons anymore. Instead it's about using your fake guitar or drum set as a tool to experience the Beatles' music in an entirely new way; you see how each instrumental part shapes the song and creates a hook, mood, or tone. While Guitar Hero: Aerosmith was essentially just Guitar Hero with Aerosmith tracks, (which was just fine at the time) this game sets an entirely new standard for music gaming. You're not just playing Beatles tracks in the game. You're experiencing what the Beatles are all about.

The game's whole art style has shifted to a lighter, brighter yet reflective tone, unlike the cartoony over-the-top style of Guitar Hero or the more serious and focused Rock Band 2. It runs on the RB2 engine without being an obvious re-skinning, unlike World Tour's spin-offs. The earlier songs you play are done in famous venues in Beatles' history, but thing get REALLY awesome once you start to move towards their studio period. Each song from that period has an exclusive "dreamscape" built entirely around that song, and it makes the game a complete visual treat. Some are based on in-jokes: Yellow Submarine is filled with gags and references to the animated movie. But many are built entirely around the song's structure: While My Guitar Gently Weeps does this BEAUTIFULLY. The music, of course, is all the Beatles. If you like the Beatles, you will love this soundtrack. If you can't stand the Beatles, you obviously shouldn't buy this game (and you probably failed the Turing test as well, because nearly everybody likes the Beatles to some degree.) If you're lukewarm about the Beatles, check it out. It will only improve your opinion of them. There is a reason that they are often considered to be the greatest band of all time.

The Wii version features full online multiplayer; even with the Wii's clunky friend codes, you're still able to join a band with your online friends and the gameplay from there is just as good as it is in Rock Band 2. The gameplay is unchanged except for vocal harmonies; I've found them tricky and they need practice, plus they can't be done online unless your friends are standing right beside you. You won't use them often. But on those occasions when you CAN get three people singing in the same room... the experience is magical. Overall, this game is excellent. The already great Rock Band gameplay is there, but it's not the focus of the game. There's a reason that this game is The Beatles: Rock Band and not Rock Band: The Beatles. This is more than a video game. This is art. If you have plastic instruments still, buy this game.
  4. Sep 21, 2012
    I love it!! This game is perfect for any Beatles fan who really wants to get into the music. I know I did!! Being able to play all of Harrison's amazing guitar solos was really awesome. Plus, all of the extra videos and content really makes it worth the low cost!
  5. Sep 21, 2012

For those who have a love or even just a fondness for the Fab Four, Harmonix has created a fantastic tribute. It won't teach you the full history of the world's most celebrated band nor give you even a quarter of their extraordinary catalogue of music, but it's still great.
    If you love, like, or are even lukewarm on the band, grab it. Playing through the songs you've likely heard for your entire life gives you a new appreciation for the level of musicianship and songwriting on display. Somehow, Harmonix found a way to make the greatest band of all time even better.
  3. The Beatles are worth every penny, especially for fans of the Fab Four. This game delivers one of the most phenomenal music experiences, outside of hopping into a time machine and watching them perform live, we're likely to see during this phase of our digital age.