• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Mar 11, 2008
7.5

1. Aug 28, 2013
    A lazy port of a decade old arcade game on a system loaded with vastly superior light gun games? No thank you. Quarter eating cheap shots, shooting offscreen, and mediocre graphics might have been acceptable in 2008, but here in the future you could be playing HotD:Overkill, DeadSpace, Ghost Squad, Umbrella Chronicles, etc..
  2. Jun 21, 2013
    They basically just ported 2 and 3 and...that's it. So if you really like one or the other or both then go for it. I wasn't super into 3 but I found 2 to be a great trip down memory lane. Fun gameplay and some of the funniest worst dubbing ever. It's quite the experience.
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well this game was out in the mid 200 0's I remember it a lot it was an arcade game for shooting zombies like a Resident Evil game how we changed now do we look on this game now still?

For some fun memory's yes I used have this game until I was getting quite bored with it now they is also two games in one yes and some rather mini-games after you done the game.

The story is not really breathtaking enough to make you enjoy it with the most annoying music I even heard in the game, I did like the boss fights and how it's all dealt with simple shoot something to get a weak part of it and you've done I also like the sound of the boss fights really nice but 13 years is a long time I still remember some parts.

So if I were you I try it again but if you played this on Dream cast since it was on the dc then it's the same thing on other platform console that does not change nothing it was a great thing to have and look again after these years.
  4. Jan 8, 2012
    It's a perfect game for the Wii. I don't know the price (I hope it's low), but I don't understand becouse it takes only 66/100 from critic reviews. Ok, it's an old game, it's a "simple" arcade game...but this is The House of the Dead; everyone knows this game..If you want to have this game in your living room (not a Pc version, where you shoot with the mouse), now you can! And you can "shoot the TV" . It's perfect for this console, and I think that anyone would enjoy this game, especially in 2 players mode. Expand
  5. Mar 20, 2011
    there is just some thing about light gun games i just really love . both theese games have showed there age abit and if you have played house of the dead over kill you will most likely find it way better . thats not to say theese 2 classics arnt worth playing they certainly are . the voice acting is some of the most god awful crap you will ever hear but thats also kinda the charm of theese 2 games . its so bad its funny . really the only down side i really give this game is that sega didnt do any thing new to theese 2 games . some updated graphics and some more features would have been nice . but for the price its worth getting . theese kind of games are what the wii was made to play. Expand
  6. Jan 17, 2011
    HotD is a great retro shooter with some nice branching mechanics. HotD3 is the more balanced of the two but HotD2 is also a fun challenge.

I am surprised HotD wasn't included though..
  7. Jan 17, 2011

I am surprised HotD wasn't included though..

1. But if you enjoy a good light-gun game like I do, this is one house call that's hard to pass up. [Apr 2008, p.87]
  2. These games look fairly dated and the bonus content here is a little thin. Shooter fans who’ve already had their fill of "Umbrella Chronicles" and "Ghost Squad" might find this worth checking out.
    Not only is Return a port of two games nearly a decade old each, but a technically and visually superior version of this package already existed six years ago. SEGA has nailed IR control though, so the door is wide open for a stellar, Wii-exclusive original light gun game at this point. C’mon guys, let’s see it.