• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Mar 11, 2008
7.6

1. Jun 4, 2014
    This is a great all round package and is perfect if you have a Wii and a friend to bring over, because this game is great fun in 2 player mode. The voice acting is very bad, but it's not as bad as Mindjack, which is a great game, but is let down by the voice acting. The gameplay works incredibly well for Wii. The graphics show their age but they're still acceptable for Wii. The House of the Dead 2 has a boring storyline, which is: a big zombie outbreak has happened in Sunset Bridge and the zombies invade the city as well. However, the storyline in House of the Dead 3 is more interesting. The storyline is: G and Lisa are trying to find Lisa's father and kill Daniel Curien. Both games are 1 hour long, but are fun to replay. This is definitely worth its current price point (£10/$20) and is fun to play with a friend. The good parts are the gameplay and replayability. The bad parts are the laughable voice acting and the short campaigns. (Which are still replayable) Expand
  2. Apr 22, 2014
    This game won't have anyone glued to their Wiis for weeks straight, but this game is a good port of two arcade classics. You get options like difficulty levels, number of hits, and number of continues to change up the simple yet addictive gameplay, but it does feel like a couple of things could have been added to make the game more worthwhile. House of the Dead is a fun on rail shooter, however, especially when playing with someone else. Expand
  3. Aug 28, 2013
    A lazy port of a decade old arcade game on a system loaded with vastly superior light gun games? No thank you. Quarter eating cheap shots, shooting offscreen, and mediocre graphics might have been acceptable in 2008, but here in the future you could be playing HotD:Overkill, DeadSpace, Ghost Squad, Umbrella Chronicles, etc..
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    They basically just ported 2 and 3 and...that's it. So if you really like one or the other or both then go for it. I wasn't super into 3 but I found 2 to be a great trip down memory lane. Fun gameplay and some of the funniest worst dubbing ever. It's quite the experience.
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well this game was out in the mid 200 0's I remember it a lot it was an arcade game for shooting zombies like a Resident Evil game how we changed now do we look on this game now still?

For some fun memory's yes I used have this game until I was getting quite bored with it now they is also two games in one yes and some rather mini-games after you done the game.

The story is not really breathtaking enough to make you enjoy it with the most annoying music I even heard in the game, I did like the boss fights and how it's all dealt with simple shoot something to get a weak part of it and you've done I also like the sound of the boss fights really nice but 13 years is a long time I still remember some parts.

So if I were you I try it again but if you played this on Dream cast since it was on the dc then it's the same thing on other platform console that does not change nothing it was a great thing to have and look again after these years.
  6. Jan 8, 2012
    It's a perfect game for the Wii. I don't know the price (I hope it's low), but I don't understand becouse it takes only 66/100 from critic reviews. Ok, it's an old game, it's a "simple" arcade game...but this is The House of the Dead; everyone knows this game..If you want to have this game in your living room (not a Pc version, where you shoot with the mouse), now you can! And you can "shoot the TV" . It's perfect for this console, and I think that anyone would enjoy this game, especially in 2 players mode. Collapse
  7. Mar 20, 2011
    there is just some thing about light gun games i just really love . both theese games have showed there age abit and if you have played house of the dead over kill you will most likely find it way better . thats not to say theese 2 classics arnt worth playing they certainly are . the voice acting is some of the most god awful crap you will ever hear but thats also kinda the charm of theese 2 games . its so bad its funny . really the only down side i really give this game is that sega didnt do any thing new to theese 2 games . some updated graphics and some more features would have been nice . but for the price its worth getting . theese kind of games are what the wii was made to play. Expand
  8. Jan 17, 2011
    HotD is a great retro shooter with some nice branching mechanics. HotD3 is the more balanced of the two but HotD2 is also a fun challenge.

I am surprised HotD wasn't included though..
  9. Jan 8, 2012

1. But if you enjoy a good light-gun game like I do, this is one house call that's hard to pass up. [Apr 2008, p.87]
  2. These games look fairly dated and the bonus content here is a little thin. Shooter fans who’ve already had their fill of "Umbrella Chronicles" and "Ghost Squad" might find this worth checking out.
    Not only is Return a port of two games nearly a decade old each, but a technically and visually superior version of this package already existed six years ago. SEGA has nailed IR control though, so the door is wide open for a stellar, Wii-exclusive original light gun game at this point. C’mon guys, let’s see it.