• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 10, 2009
8.9

1. smiteboy
    Aug 24, 2009
    Okay, this game has a great concept. But it's execution is pathetic. Played through it in about 3 hours and that's including the way too long cut-scenes. I guess the developers think themselves clever writers. Way too talky and the dialog will drive you nuts. Graphics are barely PS2 quality and the boss battles are laughable. Would be an okay game about 4 years ago. I understand Okay, this game has a great concept. But it's execution is pathetic. Played through it in about 3 hours and that's including the way too long cut-scenes. I guess the developers think themselves clever writers. Way too talky and the dialog will drive you nuts. Graphics are barely PS2 quality and the boss battles are laughable. Would be an okay game about 4 years ago. I understand that they were inspired by low-budget movies. But what they ended up with is a low-budget game. No serious gamer would be interested. Expand

1. Incredibly for such a simple and strictly limited game, it almost never tries your patience, and it's made with such infectious and irreverent glee and such obvious pride, you can't help but join in.
    The House of the Dead: Overkill blends some great gameplay with an impressive style, some great humor, and enough violence and vulgarity to confuse the hell out of soccer moms looking for a new Sims game or Petz title. I wouldn’t put the overall production value or difficulty up there with WoW’s offerings just yet, but for a relaunch of the series on Wii, Overkill is off to a very nice start.
  3. Headstrong has blown a breath of fresh air into a series that was toying with stagnation. Not only is Overkill fun to play, but it's also obvious that the developers had fun making it.