• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 10, 2009
8.9

1. Mar 17, 2011
    Critics said it's good. Other critics said it'd **** good. GRAPHICS: It is like bringing the arcade game home, watching it bang a grind house film, then marveling at the abomination they produce 9/10. ADVENTURE: This story is **** brilliant.... as brilliant as it needs to be. 10/10 MECHANICS: So solid it'll rip your **** balls off.10/10 EXTRAS: Tell your friend he ain't ever seen this kindCritics said it's good. Other critics said it'd **** good. GRAPHICS: It is like bringing the arcade game home, watching it bang a grind house film, then marveling at the abomination they produce 9/10. ADVENTURE: This story is **** brilliant.... as brilliant as it needs to be. 10/10 MECHANICS: So solid it'll rip your **** balls off.10/10 EXTRAS: Tell your friend he ain't ever seen this kind of crazy **** before and strap in for a few hours of Arcade on rails shooter classic minus all the damn quarters. 10/10 This game is what it is and it is all the **** way. If you like shooting zombies, cheesy horror, funk, and shooting zombies you will love this game! Expand
  2. Aug 30, 2010
    the best of way to describe house of the dead 4 is take robert rodrigues's grind house movie planet of terror and combine it with the original house of the dead game . what you get is some thing over the top rediculas and alot of fun . funny diolouge , fast action shoot em up , great boss fights , more guns , and much longer then the originals . the wiimote works perfectally for theesethe best of way to describe house of the dead 4 is take robert rodrigues's grind house movie planet of terror and combine it with the original house of the dead game . what you get is some thing over the top rediculas and alot of fun . funny diolouge , fast action shoot em up , great boss fights , more guns , and much longer then the originals . the wiimote works perfectally for theese kind of games . if you own a wii and are wondering where are the adult games . then you need to get this game . it's a rare gem in the Wii's endless stockpile of crap shovelware . Expand
  3. Mar 8, 2011
    This game is just awesome. Pure on-rails shooter goodness, with a plot and dialogue that doesn't even pretend to take itself seriously, which I appreciate. How many "serious" game plots have you experienced that just plain SUCKED? I appreciate a well told story, but over 90% of game stories are going to be total junk, and so I appreciate that this game didn't even try.

If you enjoy

If you enjoy pointing your wiimote at the tv, pretending it is a gun, this is the best Wii game you could purchase, hands down. It's not a perfect game, but it is an awesome game. I paid full price for this game when it first came out and have no regrets, and now, with used game prices much cheaper, you can't go wrong picking up this game. Unless you're easily offended - this game still holds the record for most swear words in a game. It's all for the laughs though, so if you only like games you can take "seriously", stay away from this title.
  4. Feb 3, 2014
    A great installment to the series, and personally my favourite. The final boss will have you questioning everything you have ever seen and leave you confused and disturbed beyond belief.
  5. Nov 15, 2010
    While the setting here isn't anymore thrilling than any other HOTD game, it surely sets itself up nicely for comedic purposes.....at least for the first 10-15 minutes. While the gameplay is core to a game for obvious reasons, this is one of those games that may just drive you away with it's presentation. The gameplay in the game is flawless, but the sheer amount of swears being thrownWhile the setting here isn't anymore thrilling than any other HOTD game, it surely sets itself up nicely for comedic purposes.....at least for the first 10-15 minutes. While the gameplay is core to a game for obvious reasons, this is one of those games that may just drive you away with it's presentation. The gameplay in the game is flawless, but the sheer amount of swears being thrown around by the protagonists and others, will put more in more of a desperation mood, than one of fun. There are occasional Hiccups in the frame rate, but I've only noticed in them under 2 select conditions. 1. When transitioning to certain areas of each level, the Frame hitches momentarily to load the next part. 2. The use of the Auto or regular Shotguns brings in a HUGE amount of data for the game to process especially when done with multiple zombies or quick shots of succession.

The developers were clever enough to sneak in the replay value in the form of competition. Should you choose to replay a given level, you will only receive cash if your performance this time, outdoes your performance last time, therefore not allowing the game to simply be spammed for guns at early levels. It also lengthens the game if your a completionist. Overall, if your into games for games, HOTD will only disappointed those looking for lengthy experiences as the game can be cleared in 4 hours. If you take into account everything going into the game, The Character dialogue will be your main gripe.
  6. Aug 13, 2011
    While I enjoyed playing through the game a couple of times, I really wanted more. I almost wish this game was a movie instead, because the parts I enjoyed most was the dialogue. I think one of the things that kept me so into the game my first play through was the desire to find out where this craziness heads.

Story is all over the place, but in a good way, all you really need to know is â
  7. Mar 4, 2011
    It's a crappy rail-shooter with terrible dialouge, and a ridiculas plot.
    Waste of £30 you could use to buy a good game.
    The translation here is just evil. I'm a fan of the HotD, but I liked it for how stupid and nonsensical it was, here it's just trying to knot everything up.
  8. Oct 19, 2011
    This game is overkill in every single way, and I loved it. It's gory, profane, misogynistic, and most importantly, hilarious. I was playing it with a friend, and when a certain female character came flying in on a motorcycle, engine vibrations causing her goodies to "jiggle", we busted out laughing so hard it woke his son up, upstairs. The game pokes fun at itself, and the culture ofThis game is overkill in every single way, and I loved it. It's gory, profane, misogynistic, and most importantly, hilarious. I was playing it with a friend, and when a certain female character came flying in on a motorcycle, engine vibrations causing her goodies to "jiggle", we busted out laughing so hard it woke his son up, upstairs. The game pokes fun at itself, and the culture of gaming in general. Unfortunately, it's an extremely short game, but the ability to purchase and level up guns adds a little bit of replay value. I absolutely don't want all my games to play like this, but House of the Dead: Overkill is an gloriously refreshing change of pace, and I enjoyed every second of it. If you have a sense of humor (a mature one, I guess), you should find this fun as well. Just don't let your kids hear it or they might have a few new vocabulary words to show off. Expand
  9. Oct 23, 2013
    No other game I have played so far is as funny as this one. Everything that's in this game is fun, and it's quite rare for me to like every single character in a video game.

1. Incredibly for such a simple and strictly limited game, it almost never tries your patience, and it's made with such infectious and irreverent glee and such obvious pride, you can't help but join in.
    The House of the Dead: Overkill blends some great gameplay with an impressive style, some great humor, and enough violence and vulgarity to confuse the hell out of soccer moms looking for a new Sims game or Petz title. I wouldn’t put the overall production value or difficulty up there with WoW’s offerings just yet, but for a relaunch of the series on Wii, Overkill is off to a very nice start.
  3. Headstrong has blown a breath of fresh air into a series that was toying with stagnation. Not only is Overkill fun to play, but it's also obvious that the developers had fun making it.