• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Nov 8, 2011
8.8

1. Cid
    Dec 26, 2011
    A good platformer , with very funy characters , good graphics for the Wii , and a game that give us the oportunity of play a good adventure originally in development for the Xbox. The story isn´t very longer , but it´s very interesting and the places that runs the game are beautiful.
  2. Dec 26, 2011
    It is a great adventure game, with very good animation and a magical setting.
  3. Jan 31, 2013
    The Kore Gang is an odd little game, as it's probably one that you've never heard of. Well, for a short history lesson, The Kore Gang was originally supposed to be released on the original Xbox 10 or so years ago. The game was originally conceived by designer Klaus Lyngeled, formerly of Shiny Entertainment, known for games such as Earthworm Jim, MDK, Sacrifice, etc. Sadly, the publisher axed it and it was supposedly canceled. Fast forward many years later and it comes back as a Wii exclusive, but it was only released in other countries last year. However, finally it was announced that The Kore Gang would be making it to the North American market, but it'd end up suffering many delays, even though the game was done and ready to be released. Regardless of the cancellations and delays, The Kore Gang is a legitimately good platforming game.

You play as three different characters in The Kore Gang, all with different Kore Suit abilities. You can switch between them at any point in the game, as they're all being housed inside of the Kore suit. The Kore Gang is a nice blend of combat and platforming. Both styles of play work pretty well. The camera can sometimes get hung up, but you can manually control it by either the d-pad or z-button whenever you'd like.

The Kore Gang has some pretty impressive art direction and music. Both aspects are totally out there and pretty unique. The characters have some really good design. The alien characters look very goofy and have the voice acting to match it. In addition to that, there are times where they start singing songs and dancing around, which is pretty hilarious.

The Kore Gang is like a mix of Psychonauts and The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's a fun little game, and it's also incredibly inexpensive, so I recommend giving it a look if this kind of game interests you.
  4. Jan 20, 2012
    This game isn't bad but it won't compete with Super Mario Galaxy. There is a lot of interesting concepts going on here that are fresh to platformers and it uses the Wii controls well. Some levels are well designed and some were not. I thought it was a bit long and some levels were redundant. They could have chopped 5 levels off and it would have been better. The story didn't make a lot of sense and the random musical numbers seemed like they were trying to be odd but came off odd for trying to be odd. The aesthetics were Tim Burton-ish and that trick seems to be attempted by too many games these days so I didn't like it all that much. Overall the gameplay worked well and the switching between characters was fun. Difficulty seemed just right to me. The camera was weird in many places but it didn't bother me. The overall quality says "B grade" game but I still liked it a lot better than Epic Mickey which probably had 100X the budget. I enjoyed my time with Kore Gang as a platformer junkie but there are just a lot better games out there for the Wii. Expand

1. Jan 25, 2012
    At $20, The Kore Gang is a zany tale with an equally outlandish cast that I can easily recommend for a bit of family enjoyment.
  2. Jan 12, 2012
    The Kore Gang: Outvasion from Inner Earth is occasionally a funny, loving tribute to those collect-a-thon games many of us grew up with. Unfortunately, though, most of the time it's struggling with problems left behind in previous console generations.
  3. Dec 15, 2011
    The Kore Gang as a whole is a fun, worthwhile experience. While flawed, it offers some truly interesting gameplay mechanics and thanks to an eccentric approach to design, actually manages to surprise.