8.9

1. Aug 16, 2010
    How can you talk about this game without falling into cliche? How about: "No game is perfect, but Ocarina of Time comes close"? No? Then, what about: "While other developers struggled with bringing their franchises into the third dimension, Nintendo nailed it right off the bat; they created an immersive, tactile, living world and invited us to play in it." Or you might talk about the "Zelda logic": that artfully engineered system of toys and possibilities, of play and discovery, that make every adventure with Link so delightful. Then there's: "Zelda's peerless blend of exploration, combat, and puzzle-solving is ageless; this game will be enjoyed as much 10 years later as it is now."

So, the graphics and sound may seem primitive today, and the plot is childishly simple, but it doesn't matter: this is a game, not a movie, and its about the player's story, the player's imagination. Very few developers understand this as well as Nintendo, and this game is the paragon of their player-first philosophy.

Ultimately only one cliche can do this game justice: It is (one of) the greatest videogames ever made. If you haven't already, and you're not just waiting for the 3DS version, what is wrong with you?! Download it now!
  2. Aug 31, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games ever created, maybe even THE best. The graphics were great for the time being, the story was overkill, and not to mention how fun it was! hen you had finally cleared your way to the final boss, Ganon and defeated him, you had to discover a ton of secrets to clear the game 100%.. Just how it's supposed to be!

Everyone one who dislikes this game never gave it a chance or are simply childish trolls. If you dislike this game, then there's no hope for you within gaming.. I made an account just to simply create this review! This is my way to show just a LITTLE loyalty to the game, and I am probably the LEAST loyal person on the earth!

I'm not really a fan of this genre, but this game generally crushed GoldenEye, Super Mario 64 and all the other games on N64 when it came out, except Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark, which still weren't good enough to beat this game.
  3. Oct 9, 2010
    "The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time" is probably the best Zelda, if not (one of) the best game(s) of all time. This game has everything an Action Adventure fan can ask for:
    Excellent gameplay, great music and even though the graphics are not up-to-date, the style fits the game. The level-design is great and the story is good too. The puzzles are never too difficult nor too easy and the
    whole world contains many secrets.
    This is a game where you never get bored, no matter how many times you play it and if there's one game that can be called "perfect", it's this one.
    If your still haven't played this masterpiece, you can either download it for the Virtual Console or wait for the 3DS version.
  4. Nov 3, 2010
    In my opinion, this is the best game of all time. I have played through 3 times and loved every minute of it. The music is perhaps the greatest ever in a game, albeit in MIDI form, and the world is richly detailed.
  5. Feb 25, 2011
    The first game to get a perfect score in Famitsu magazine. Winner of the 1997 AIAS Game of the Year Award. Highest rated video game of all time. Highest rated Nintendo 64 game of all time. Highest rated Wii Virtual Consle game of all time. The best Zelda game of all time. The greatest Nintendo 64 game of all time. The greatest Action Adventure game of all time. First place in countless top ten lists. Expand
  6. Nov 6, 2010
    Nowhere near the best game ever, but still a brilliant one. It's a little dated now, and some aspects of the game are broken (like the devilish Water Temple). A lot of the time the game doesn't give you a hint on where to go, leaving you to get stuck.

Hopefully the 3DS remake will expand on the game and fix all those annoying flaws.
  7. Nov 12, 2011
    im not going to write much of a review for this game alone cane speak for its perfection, it is the best zelda game out of all of them but they are still all amazing this is one of my fav serious
  8. Dec 17, 2011
    always quality. love it, as good now as it was on its release, with or without updated graphics. dont think this adventure will ever get old. awesome.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    Out of all the games out there, this is the most revolutionary one of all time. Even at over a decade old, I still find myself diving back into the game, re-living the dungeons, exploring Hyrule, and even learn something new that took me years to find. A must have for any gamer.
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is the best one ever made zelda is a revolutionary game it has an amazing storyline in every game and this one topped them all Zelda OoT is known to be one of the best nintendo games ever made and can be clearly shown in all the remakes ( N64, gamecube [original and masterquest] 3DS and even for the wii) i don't think any game can ever top this one i cant wait to play skyward sword and see how great that one is Expand
  11. Nov 20, 2011
    I've played all console Zelda games ever made. Most of which I played while they were new. However, I would have to say this game changed the face of Zelda games forever. This is the game every Zelda game is compared to.
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    A complete travesty of gaming. How this series has continued to garner acclaim for so long is beyond me when it hasn't had an original idea since its creation. If you really want to play the same game from the NES days that you most likely played on your SNES, N64, and Gamecube, you might as well play this one as well because you are obviously a tool. Of particular note is the graphics, which will get a pass from the mindless "gameplay > graphics graphics don't matter yet these are so amazing for arbitrary reasons" crowd when the sheer awfulness of the so-called 'art style', awful textures, and N64-era draw distance will do their best to remind you that you really are playing a game from a past era. And the era before that. And the era before that, too. Soon there will be nothing left to rehash and the game will start to be released under the exact same name on the future Nintendo Googoo and Nintendo Lovecarefriendship. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.