7.9

1. Nov 23, 2011
    I think the good vote for this game is 9.7
    It's good. It's very good. I think the people who give 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 simply can't play Zelda, and they excuses whit sentences like "The control are bad", "Zelda doesn't **** with Link" "blabalablablabala"
  2. Nov 24, 2011
    I've never been so engaged in a game in a very long time. Everything from the dungeons to the bosses are absolutely fantastic. It's and extremely amazing game. 10/10
  3. Nov 25, 2011
    An amazing game; The creators have improved upon all aspects of the gaming adventure that is Zelda! It's been a number of years since I've played a game that's simply so much fun I find myself not being able to put the controller down for long. I highly recommend Skyward Sword!
  4. Nov 25, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time and certainly the best of the year. It has a great story and great graphics for the wii.
  5. Nov 29, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in the Zelda series, if you`ve swung a sword or shot a bow in real life your skills will be applied here. The gameplay in general is also the best of the series, far surpassing Ocarina of Time and stepping all over Twilight Princess, with the best overworld, dungeons, and bosses ever. Simply amazing, the definition of a must-play. Expand
  6. Dec 2, 2011
    The game is just majestic ! It needs some time to get used to gyroscopic aiming, but you can recenter it anytime you want using a button ...

Yes it's storytelling at the start of the adventure, but it's not that bad. Combat moves with the motion controller are just GREAT, and i had no specific problem at all in 40h+ gameplay ... The difficulty is easy to medium most of the time but some

Yes it's storytelling at the start of the adventure, but it's not that bad.

The difficulty is easy to medium most of the time but some challenges and boss are more tricky :)
  7. Dec 1, 2011
    Okay, let me start off with this: Skyward Sword has problems, several problems. I had to recalibrate every so often, though unlike most, it happened like, 3 times in the roughly 30 hours it took me to complete the main story. The music seemed more centered around creating an atmosphere than giving you memorable tunes much of the time. Lastly, the game's textures are generally poor. BeforeOkay, let me start off with this: Skyward Sword has problems, several problems. I had to recalibrate every so often, though unlike most, it happened like, 3 times in the roughly 30 hours it took me to complete the main story. The music seemed more centered around creating an atmosphere than giving you memorable tunes much of the time. Lastly, the game's textures are generally poor. Before you get your panties in a bunch, let me finish this statement: I've found it to be one of the greatest Zelda games ever. The controls work like a charm. Other than the times they temporarily wigged out (again, happened thrice for me), they were spot on. Every so often, it screwed up with the stabbing motion, but I rarely noted that occurring. If you or a reviewer is claiming the controls aren't spot on, check out the controls demonstrations here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aGjL1bwN0), otherwise it's due to interference or something. The enemies clearly show how they're supposed to be attacked with your, thanks to the exaggerated art style and you'll probably get wrecked trying to waggle constantly to win. The other weapons worked well too, though I myself was rather bad with the whip. I found some of the puzzle rather intriguing, but being a seasoned Zelda player, I never really found myself stumped. Some of the other puzzles-- some of which introduce an awesome mechanic-- were good fun. The graphics and art style are quite good as well and definitely draw inspiration from impressionist art. More distant objects take on an almost water color appearance. The fact that the textures aren't the greatest seems like an odd thing to complain about since the art style definitely draws from the Wind Waker. I didn't find some of the music to be as memorable as some past games in the series, though quite a few of them-- such as Zelda's and Faore's themes-- stuck with me. As I mentioned previously, several of them seem geared more so to evoke an atmosphere like the Metroid series, rather than providing tunes you can hum to. Though, the fact that most of the tracks are orchestrated (maybe all, or nearly so) makes them sound so beautiful and soothing, and in other cases, up-beat and have a nice tempo. There are some other cool musical effects in the game; the theme shifting music of Skyloft's Bazaar comes to mind. I found the plot to be quite fun to watch, mainly the references to future points in the timeline. And at last, we see a little Zelda and Link love connection. We all knew it had to happen eventually...wait, this game is the furthest back in the timeline, so it already happened? Time confusion? Song of Time? Hell, my mind just boggled itself. @_@ Skyward Sword is a game with problems and is imperfect. Said imperfections are mostly small and insignificant. I found it to be a great adventure, with tons of side quests, optional upgrades and some great characterization that made me long for voice acting for all characters, barring Link and is "Hiyaaaa!!"s. In spite of these problems, Skyward Sword manages to provide an amazing experience with many memorable moments, and the combination of a beautiful soundtrack and eye-soothing visuals was something that I would just sit down, listen to and watch for a little while. For years now, I have never been able to decide which Zelda game I liked most, never advancing past Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time as my favorites. Well that....hasn't changed, but Skyward Sword has joined their ranks. Please do not miss out on this game. Not only is it one of the Wii's best games--I hold it as high as I do Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2--, it's one of the best games I've played in quite some time. I'd like to give it a 9.5, but alas, I'm restricted to whole numbers. Expand
  8. Dec 3, 2011
    It's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, orIt's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, or buildings, or whatever it is you're far from become more like paint daubs which is really awesome. The scenes are amazing, and though some people are still bummed out about and/or trolling about how the characters still don't talk, this really, I feel, is better than if they were to include lame voice acting. The music is perfectly fitting for each area you're in and changes depending on what situation your in within an area - for example the Marketplace offers various versions of the same song for each different shop you approach. This game has hours upon hours of amazing gameplay and despite what others say, the controls are wonderful. The only thing I've had difficulty with was swimming, but besides that everything else works perfectly. This is the first Wii game I've played that doesn't rely solely on the sensors, but the position your Wii-mote is in - and if your aimer says it's in a different direction than it should be you can simply readjust it with a push of a button to be back where it should be (so really those who complain about the controls don't know what they're talking about/are trolls - the latter being more likely). The replayability is insanely high for this game, there is so much to do and so many areas you can explore around and it's one of those stories that, I at least, fell in love with right away. It's seriously one amazing experience. Expand
  9. Dec 1, 2011
    Gameplay wise the best Zelda I've played so far. The upgrading system, shield gauge and ability to sprint add to the depth of the game without making it less Zelda-like, I already find it hard to imagine a Zelda game without sprinting. The motion plus controls work really well and remain fun until the very end. I wonder what people who rate this game low expected from it. Of course it'sGameplay wise the best Zelda I've played so far. The upgrading system, shield gauge and ability to sprint add to the depth of the game without making it less Zelda-like, I already find it hard to imagine a Zelda game without sprinting. The motion plus controls work really well and remain fun until the very end. I wonder what people who rate this game low expected from it. Of course it's not in HD, it does not have spoken cut-scenes, the characters do not look spectacularly realistic, and pretty much all you do is run around between and in dungeons. But it's Zelda, what do you expect? Expand
  10. Nov 28, 2011
    This beautiful game deserves the beautiful score : 10. Every aspect of this game is fine-tuned, and is the best Zelda experience i've had. Everything works so well, from the timeless water-color design to the clever dungeon puzzles, this game is a complete masterpiece.
  11. Nov 28, 2011
    The game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few newThe game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few new ideas to puzzle solving and combat, making it a fresher experience from previous games in the series. The story is one highlight of the game, but what I enjoyed the most was the sidequests and collectibles. I always like finding pieces of heart, but this time there's also the Goddess Cubes for you to find and the gratitude crystals for you to collect. One bad point is the feeling of emptyness while flying around the sky world. There's hardly any islands for you to visit with things to do, but Skyloft (the biggest island) is full of life and extra tasks for you to do.

It's not my personal favourite in the series, but it's definitely an enjoyable one. The game doesn't change too much to make it unrelatable to previous Zelda games, but enough to make it a fresh experience.
  12. Nov 29, 2011
    Bueno, para ser sincero soy fan de la saga de zelda, PERO, hablare objetivamente de este titulo, SIN Fanatismo, primero, Presentacion, el juego comienza con una elegante introducción, promocionando que la saga cumple 25 Años, los menus son sencillos con una vista panoramica de toda "SkyLoft" en español la llamaron "Neburía", laBueno, para ser sincero soy fan de la saga de zelda, PERO, hablare objetivamente de este titulo, SIN Fanatismo, primero, Presentacion, el juego comienza con una elegante introducción, promocionando que la saga cumple 25 Años, los menus son sencillos con una vista panoramica de toda "SkyLoft" en español la llamaron "Neburía", la introducción del juego es impecable, te describen el juego de una manera tan sencilla que cualquiera lo entiende, tan solo en este primer punto le doy un 100, por lo sencillo, entendible y bonito de interactuar con el menu.
    Graficos, aqui le tengo que dar un aplauso a Nintendo, ¿porqué?, se estaran preguntando, bueno, esta compañia esta consciente que su consola no es muy poderosa, es por eso que se la "ingenian" para poder hacer del juego lo mas bonito visualmente, que el arte del juego sea como una pintura, hace que el juego se vea muy bien, los movimientos de los personajes son fluidos y a pesar de no hablar, son muy expresivos, los efectos de luz son muy bueno y de lo mejor que puede tener el Wii, por eso aplaudo a Nintendo, porque sin necesidad de que la consola sea HD, las graficas se sienten muy fresacas y unicas (por estilo de arte).
    Sonido, que podemos decir de esta parte, todo el juego esta orquestado, simplemente hermoso cada melodia del juego, hay momentos en el juego donde se siente apagado, pero va de acuerdo a la situacion presentada, a lo mejor algunos les moleste que los personajes muevan sus labios y que de ellos no salgá ningun sonido, pero que conste que algunos no agradará, NO doy a entender que esto es es negativo.
    Forma de juego (gamplay), la verdad despues de jugar de esta manera un zelda, quisiera que los demas se juguen así, el control de movimiento estan intuitivo y fluido que realmente sientes que tu sostienes una espada, este zelda, es el zelda con menos objetos, pero cada uno es utilizado iteligentemene por el uso del control de movimiento, es el primer zelda, donde para ganarle a un enemigo o jefe, necesitas dar espadasos al azar, realmente necesitas observar por donde atacara tu enemigo o ver sus "huecos" para poder darle un espadazo, realmente una maravilla.
    NOTA: Quiero aclarar algo en este punto, SI, al principio el control se te hará un poco incomodó o torpe, pero si te tomas tu tiempo para entenderlo, y poder usarlo bien, lograras tener a tu poder uno de los mejores controles jamas hechos.
    Duracion del juego, el juego para los veteranos les durara entre 30 y 35 horas en terminar solamente la historia principal, para completarlo al 100% les tomara unas 45 a 55 horas, si eres nuevo y te gustaria comenzar a jugar un zelda, la verdad te lo recomiendo muchisimo porque te gustará, si no eres muy fan de los juegos tipo accion/aventura con un toque de RPG, entonces este no es tu juego, pero no por eso es malo el juego denle una oportunidad.
    Por todo lo anterior mi puntuacion es de un 100, si una puntuacion perfecta, pero la verdad es muy subjetiva esa califacion, yo creo, en mi opinion que el juego minimo es de un 85 a 100, ustedes deciden si comprarlo o no, espero les allá ayudado mi reseña (solo para aclarar si ya me termine el juego y puedo ciriticar de manera correcta)
  13. Dec 2, 2011
    Anybody who gives this game lower than a seven, hasn't played it. This game is an absolute masterpiece! The artistic direction in this game is amazing, gameplay works fine (if not, buy a new nunchuck), cutscences are jaw dropping, and the story is amazing!!! Buy it
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    All of the people that say this is a bad game probably never even got past the tutorials. It's a sad day when such a beautiful, amazing game gets bogged down with bogus reviews. The controls are good, after you get used to them. The story and gameplay are superb, easily one of the best games Nintendo has ever made. It deserves the amazing critic reviews and to me is better than skyrim.
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    Undoubtedly, unarguably, unquestionably, unequivocally, and UNMISTAKABLY the best, most in-depth, well-played Zelda game I have ever purchased. I can not believe the amount of effort that Nintendo must have put into this game. It will lead you on a trail through a whole train-ride of emotions, ranging from giddiness to rapturous, from tenebrous to fluorescence, from the simplestUndoubtedly, unarguably, unquestionably, unequivocally, and UNMISTAKABLY the best, most in-depth, well-played Zelda game I have ever purchased. I can not believe the amount of effort that Nintendo must have put into this game. It will lead you on a trail through a whole train-ride of emotions, ranging from giddiness to rapturous, from tenebrous to fluorescence, from the simplest depression to the most magnificent happiness! You will buy this game, and you will NOT be dissapointed! The controls are simply splendid, and Nintendo has perfectly achieved the goal of putting you in a real game to the fullest extent! In the Zelda franchise, you are supposed to insert yourself as Link, and the Wii Motion+ makes this all the more corporeal! Combat system in a game before this? Hah! This IS combat. There is no way another game has had a more advanced and splendidly working combat system, ever. End of story. And the variation from the other games! I was never one of those people to say that Zelda hasn't evolved over the years, but I never explicitly believed it lead a revolution - until now. Saying that the Zelda franchise hasn't been evolving after playing this game is like saying that the Call of Duty franchise IS evolving - it's a complete and utter lie! It's not as if you expect them to make something that isn't a Zelda game, do you? If you do, that's what other games are for! You play Zelda because you enjoyed a previous Zelda game, not because you're expecting an entirely different game!

Everything is riddled with riddles that actually make you think! The puzzle system is entirely duked out beyond belief, and it provides a good challenge to those who are up to it, but if you ever get stuck, there's special 'stones' around to help you out that are completely optional. Zelda games have always been the leading franchise as far as puzzling dungeons go, and this one is no exception. You will be impressed, and I don't doubt it.

It is a one of a kind puzzle/adventure game, one that cannot be missed out on. It is a suave masterpiece and a prodigy in its own - I believe that it is Nintendo's magnum opus. You will not be dissapointed.
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    Skyward Sword adds some new elements to the overarching Zelda timelines but also answers a few in the process. However, though the storyline is engaging enough to keep you playing, the inconsistent Wii Motion Plus controls paired with shoddy aiming will cause you to pay attention to your hastily rising blood pressure instead of the story.

I'd say aside from the controls, my biggest gripe

I'd say aside from the controls, my biggest gripe with the game overall is that the "New Formula" added in Skyward Sword, which has you solving puzzles and defeating enemies almost at a constant rate. It makes me long for the times where I could calmly ride through Hyrule field, or stroll through Kakariko Village and enjoy the sites without having to constantly think and fight (or flail around my arms for that matter).

Skyward Sword is a fun game that is worth-while to play through, and while the controls can be frustrating, more often than not you'll find them to be tolerable. This is definitely not the best Zelda game since OOT, A Link to the Past, or Majora's Mask, but it's still a pretty good entry. Don't buy into too much of the hype, or disappointment may ensue.
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    I've been playing it for about 4 hours and can't get enough of it. The Wii Motion Plus really helps the game, and I think is going to be be a very good rival for Ocarina of Time as the best Zelda Ever.
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely revolutionary. HAVE NO IDEA what's up with the negatives... it's just fan boys marking it badly but just look at the critic reviews. Those reviews are the ones you can rely on...which I did to decide to buy the game. 49.99 is a great price for a great game
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    This game deserves a 10 out of 10 Gamespot is wrong about skyward sword. Check out this vid it by the WiiFolderJosh an official reviewer company [(here is the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu ] basically this guy does his skyward sword gameplay live with his body on the bottom right corner showing all the moves he is doing. And Link is doing exactly what he isThis game deserves a 10 out of 10 Gamespot is wrong about skyward sword. Check out this vid it by the WiiFolderJosh an official reviewer company [(here is the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu ] basically this guy does his skyward sword gameplay live with his body on the bottom right corner showing all the moves he is doing. And Link is doing exactly what he is doing on the screen. Gamespot, i really disagree with them with their review. Gamespot says the controls are innacurate yet he says you can waggle your way to victory. But his review is very innacurate. And to disagree with you metacritics the average rating of syward sword is a 10 out of ten not including gamespot with their innacurate review. I mean have you ever seen their review. I know they want Skyrim to be the game of the year so they decided to give it a bad review. But please look at everybody else`s review mostly the game has gotten a 10 out of 10 even with IGN. Please i beg you look at the description and find some other reviews of syward sword to see the others. Gamespot really didn`t do a good review they even said Link seems like old link with un-human like movements. Yet Nintendo changed the whole style of Link`s and everybody else`s movements to make it look more life like. Please look at IGN review Gametrailer`s review and review you can find, then watch the Gamespot`s review and see how completey different they are. Then watch the link i gave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu) you to the video. Please even if you want Skyrim to be game of the year, though i`m not saying you do. Please reconsider the score of Skyward sword. And even if Gamespot gave it a 7.5 it doesn`t mean that`s the average of the game. Check with every other review and then calculate the average. Then contact me at my email (mr.flash2017@yahoo.com) please do it now because the scores aren`t fair Expand
  20. Nov 22, 2011
    Hi folks! I'm 45+ hours in the game and I'm having a great experience. The other 10/10 reviews already tell what's so magical about this game. I'm absolutly loving it!!! Forget what the 0/10 people are saying. I's ****!
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    Being a Zelda fan since as long as I can remember, I am always wary of a "newcomer" game because I am afraid of being disappointed and getting my glowing memories of the Zelda franchise shattered. However, I can easily say that Skyward Sword just continues this memory and builds upon all of the good times that these games gave me in the past. 10 on beautiful impressionist-painting styleBeing a Zelda fan since as long as I can remember, I am always wary of a "newcomer" game because I am afraid of being disappointed and getting my glowing memories of the Zelda franchise shattered. However, I can easily say that Skyward Sword just continues this memory and builds upon all of the good times that these games gave me in the past. 10 on beautiful impressionist-painting style graphics, 10 on the story line and 10 on everything else. Thank you Nintendo!! Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2011
    What's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat aWhat's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat a dish that looks amazing but tastes of paper or chocolate ice cream even if itt looks like crap. This game is the best in the series and the best on Wii. Period. So haters just go do something else instead of just **** about a game just because it gets good reviews. Expand
  23. Nov 22, 2011
    hahaha. people are so dumb. one guy said the good reviews comes from a little minority of people. yet somehow there are 400X the about of good reviews thatn the bad ones. I have been playing zelda for a long time also. OOT was one of my favorite games of all times if not my number 1 favorite. I never expected this game to be better than that. I was delightfuly surprised. this game is justhahaha. people are so dumb. one guy said the good reviews comes from a little minority of people. yet somehow there are 400X the about of good reviews thatn the bad ones. I have been playing zelda for a long time also. OOT was one of my favorite games of all times if not my number 1 favorite. I never expected this game to be better than that. I was delightfuly surprised. this game is just pure bliss. I have never had a boring moment. as for the controls. .. i have had no problems. and if i have to calibrate once and a while, so what . big deal. it's worth the awesome sword fighting... all you trolls... get a life Expand
  24. Nov 27, 2011
    First of all, I wanna say that I'm probably the biggest Zelda-Fan in the universe. I love the series, I admire Nintendo's work and I really can't stop playing any Zelda game. However, let's get back to the review.

When I finished Zelda: Twiglight Princess in early January 2007 on the new Wii, the first thing I did after mashing Ganondorf was to google for Zelda 2 for Wii. I found a news saying that Aonuma already confirmed a brand new Zelda title for Wii. Since THEN I have been waiting for the E3 presentation of Skyward Sword.

I started crying after holding it in my hands... (Just kidding, but I was happy). I started playing it and I was happy. I saw a Link finally expressing his emotions, I heard the amazing, STUNNING new soundtrack and, I must admit, the beautiful grafics. Even though everyone says they look like crap, I really enjoy the art style, though it isn't as dark as it was in Twilight Princess. The controls of Skyward Sword are just perfect. They work better than your arms. Seriously, Skyward Sword is a video game with perfect controls and it is very hard to find other games with the same scheme.

Now the story... When I talked to my brother about the "new" Zelda game coming out soon, I already predicted that it is potentially the best Zelda game of all time. Remember, Ocarina Of Time IS the best (Zelda) video game of all time because it's got everything that touches the gamer. Great Story, great music, great visuals (we're talking about 1998). And those aspects are exactly the essential things in every good video game. Zelda: Skyward Sword was supposed to convince with it's story, it was supposed to convince with it's content. It was supposed to explain the happenings before Ocarina Of Time, so Skyward Sword was supposed to be another milestone, such as Twilight Princess.
    In fact, it does not convince with it's story. Last night, when I finished playing it... I was like: "When does it start, I'm still waiting...!" Then the credits. I was disappointed. I honestly expected more than that after thoes five long years. Don't get me wrong, Skyward Sword is worth playing it, especially to see and to learn how Nintendo figures out the full potential of the Wii. Those guys finally showed how the Wii was supposed to work. Also, I like the upgrad feature, just one of many new things. Ah... this **** word "suppose".

In conclusion, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a good game, but it doesn't have the great atmosphere, this typical Zelda flair. It's not epic. Not at all. It's just gone too casual. It has awesome visuals, spectacular controls and an awesome soundtrack. But again, it's story does not convince me as a hardcore Zelda fan. I'm disappointed and I feel sad after waiting 5 years and getting a too tiny Zelda world and a too short story.

Evaluation:

Visuals 8.5/10
    Sound 9/10
    Controls 10/10
    Story 5/10

End result: 7/10 (Does not correspond to the average score)
  25. Nov 27, 2011
    Great addition to the awesome The Legend Of Zelda franchise, this title lives up to all standards the Zelda series sets and raises them. A perfect 10 in my book.
  26. Nov 30, 2011
    Ok so I'll say this the short way and the long way, the short way this the best game of this generation wheter it's Wii, PS3 or 360 and makes the Wii a MUST HAVE console; alright now here's the long version. Skyward Sword relies hevaily on motion control, but those of you that think motion control is unresponsive will see no issues with this game wheter it's the sword, the bombs, or theOk so I'll say this the short way and the long way, the short way this the best game of this generation wheter it's Wii, PS3 or 360 and makes the Wii a MUST HAVE console; alright now here's the long version. Skyward Sword relies hevaily on motion control, but those of you that think motion control is unresponsive will see no issues with this game wheter it's the sword, the bombs, or the whip everything responds with pinpoint accuracy. Those of you who breezed trough twilight princess cause you were able to wildly swing the controller will have trouble enemys block depending on how you swing your sword so you have to take time to aim your strikes or youll be open to counterattack. Although Zelda is one of Nintendo's franchises well suited to realilistic graphics, I find Skyward Sword's graphics stunning and showing one of if not the best way to show off the wii's graphic capabillities (who says we need hd graphics to make a good looking game). The music is now fully orchestrated and wheter it was the classic Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time or the new Ballad of the Goddess main theme Skyward Sword's versions are now the ones the ring in my head constantly. The story also proves that there can be an amazing story with a great cast despite not bieng fully voiced while telling the origin of Zelda's boduguard Impa, the master sword, even Ganondorf to some extent. Skyward Sword also offers a higher difficulty mode called hero mode where even the most expierienced Zelda players will have trouble facing enimies but unfortunatly the dungeons don't get the Master Quest treatment. Skyward Sword is the reson to own a wii it's the best game of the last two generations if not going farther than that, it also repeats the cycle of all Nintendo consoles and handhelds with the last major Nintendo release; showing the real power of the system and evolving the series that is given the honor. It is the greatest update to the Zelda series since Ocarina and gets every Nintendo fan one last wii hurrah before we transition to Wii U next year. Expand
  27. Nov 28, 2011
    With complaints about the same old same old, these are a plus in my book. When they create a Zelda game i want a majority of the stuff i have seen before with subtle differences. With that i mostly mean upon mechanics, format etc. On the other hand the story should be its own new thing every time around. With skyward sword i get exactly that. The elements of zelda that i adore, Hearts (With complaints about the same old same old, these are a plus in my book. When they create a Zelda game i want a majority of the stuff i have seen before with subtle differences. With that i mostly mean upon mechanics, format etc. On the other hand the story should be its own new thing every time around. With skyward sword i get exactly that. The elements of zelda that i adore, Hearts ( Including Beeping), Music, Dungeons, Side Quests and side characters i couldnt be happier. they upgraded the fighting to 1:1 which is always fun and although the enemies sometimes get really repetitive, in what game do they not?. All in all 10/10 for me Expand
  28. Nov 28, 2011
    Gameplay: 10/10 Featuring highly intuitive controls and a very good use of the Wii remote's buttons. The Wii-Motion Plus enable enemies that cannot be defeated by just waggling the remote. Also, items are needed again and again, rather that in just one dungeon. The dungeons and main worlds are complex and detailed, without being to puzzling. Story: 10/10 An amazing, incredibly longGameplay: 10/10 Featuring highly intuitive controls and a very good use of the Wii remote's buttons. The Wii-Motion Plus enable enemies that cannot be defeated by just waggling the remote. Also, items are needed again and again, rather that in just one dungeon. The dungeons and main worlds are complex and detailed, without being to puzzling. Story: 10/10 An amazing, incredibly long story that is a must play game for any Zelda fan or any fan of games in general.
    Graphics: 9.5/10 Very, very good graphics which rival many photo-realistic HD console games. Some slight grainy pixels are noticeable during still cut-scenes. The art style is also amazing with colorful, yet believable design. Overall: 10/10 This is the best game for Wii ever, and likely the best Zelda game ever, quite possibly being the best game ever. Everyone should play this, ever if they are zealous HD-graphics zombies afraid of anything Nintendo.
  29. Nov 29, 2011
    Although Ocarina of Time will always have a special place in my heart, Skyward Sword has topped it to being the best Zelda ever.

First off, to the people who say the graphics are terrible, how so? Is it because it doesn't look realistic and looks cartoonish? There was only one Zelda game that looked kind of realistic, which was Twilight Princess. THAT game wasn't so great, especially for a Zelda game. In Skyward Sword, I like how the game is colorful. It brings back all of the nostalgia. The art style is amazing; the game was like a moving painting. The cutscenes were the best in the entire series! I was so shocked to see how beautiful the graphics actually were.

The story was amazing as well. It was about time Nintendo gave us an origin story, and boy, they really gave us one. The story starts out pretty simple, go save the girl, but it slowly gets more complex yet engaging as you progress through the game. The characters themselves were great. I think most people will start out hating this one particular guy, but towards the end, he'll be your favorite character. Zelda isn't a princess this time; she's Link's childhood friend and someone he cares about greatly, so you genuinely want to save her. Link himself is the most badass Link ever. Even more badass the Ocarina of Time Link! Although he's his usual silent self, he still shows so much emotion thanks to the graphics. And there are other, GREATER reasons why I think he's so freakin' awesome, but if I say why it'll just spoil the story for you ;) guess you gotta play it for yourself.

But really, although the graphics are stunning and the story is awesome, what REALLY makes this game the best is the gameplay. Seriously. Motion-plus for Zelda was the best thing ever since 3-D graphics. It works perfectly (and those who say it doesn't are just complete idiots), and fighting has never felt so satisfying than ever. The dungeons and puzzles are just perfection, I don't know how Nintendo keeps coming up with new and brilliant puzzles all the time. The only negative thing I can say for the motion plus is that you have to center it by pressing the down button every few hours, but it's not a big deal to just simply press a button.

All in all, this game is a masterpiece. The best game I've ever played for the past decade. For those who've given the game a 0 are just trolls. Don't listen to them. This game has everything. Amazing graphics, terrific story, and the best gameplay gaming has to offer. You don't need to take my word for it; just play the game and you'll see. You won't be disappointed. I mean, it's ZELDA after all!
  30. Nov 29, 2011
    What does Zelda mean for us? For some, it was the beginning (along with Mario) of the resurgence of gaming after the big collapse in the 80s. Others view it as the beginning of games being epic in scope, with vast content, a massive overworld, unique gameplay elements, tough combat and tricky puzzles all rolled into one, a few people can look at Zelda as the beginning of saved data andWhat does Zelda mean for us? For some, it was the beginning (along with Mario) of the resurgence of gaming after the big collapse in the 80s. Others view it as the beginning of games being epic in scope, with vast content, a massive overworld, unique gameplay elements, tough combat and tricky puzzles all rolled into one, a few people can look at Zelda as the beginning of saved data and they could finally clear their cabinets of all those passwords they had been writing down. But I think that most people will think of Zelda as the birth of a legend (pun intended) in the history of video games that many of us have come to love. With all this in mind, I believe that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has also created a new beginning. It's a new beginning for Zelda, gamers, graphics, music, storytelling, gameplay, and for the entire gaming industry in general.
    No doubt by now you've heard all the praise and reviews Skyward Sword has gotten. As of time of this writing, I've counted 24 perfect scores on Metacritic, including perfect scores from big names such as IGN and Game Informer. Now if you are interesting in some trolling, feel free to head over to Gamespot.com, but i digress. What Skyward Sword has done to earn these high reviews is completely justified. In the waning month of the Wii, Skyward Sword shines brightly in the sky to remind us to never underestimate what Nintendo has done, is doing, and will continue to do for the world of video games.
    I'll start off with the story, and I will only mention thing and events that Nintendo themselves released through trailers and press events. So unless you've been under a rock this whole time, consider this spoiler free. Skyward Sword is the beginning of it all. Nintendo has finally given us the beginning of the Zelda timeline (how you decide the timeline should connect is your business, but know that this game is the origin of it all). As always, this is a story of Link and Zelda,and this time it actually means something, gone is the distressed princess that previous served mainly as a plot device and in return, Zelda is an actual person. At the very beginning it shows that Link and Zelda have know each other forever, and in fact there is great chemistry between the two. Zelda is spunky, happy, full of life, and a bit of a tease too, but it's still obvious she cares for Link in a very human sense. It's very nice to see Zelda as more than one dimensional finally. And over the course of the story, she only gets better. Link, while silent as always, is still full of character, maybe even more so than in Twilight Princess. He is very express in his actions and is instantly likable to help us connect as him and to BE him. Whenever a major plot twist happened, it was like Nintendo was reading my mind and had Link react the way I was, especially true with any part involving Zelda. I can't forget to mention Fi, your new traveling companion, and probably should also be considered the comic relief. Because Fi isn't human, she has no concept of emotions or human understanding, and gives very blunt odds of success, but she is still very interesting and her lack of emotion is probably her standout personality trait. As for the main story, it's pretty straightforward. Zelda gets captured and you are the chosen hero to go and save her, eventually having to save the world. Along the way, there are some major plot twist that will strike a chord to every Zelda fan and answer quite a few major questions in the Zelda universe, leading to a complete ending that will lead into the rest of the Zelda lore. But it's the characters that bring us in and keep us on this journey that is so worthwhile.
    Artistically, this game is beautiful, and Nintendo shows again that art style will always outlast polygon count in terms of beauty. If you think of a Twilight Princess modelling on a Wind Waker palette, then you get Skyward Sword. Characters are expressive, the world is bright and colorful, and add a great visual filter that turns distance objects into an impressionistic painting, and you have the greatest thing the Wii has ever made.
    I will be short with sound, it's amazing, I can't imagine ever going back to MIDI have the musical score Nintendo has put together here. It simply must be heard to be believed.
    Gameplay is where Skyward Sword shines brightest. After 5 years, Nintendo has proven motion controls really do change everything. Sword swinging is very accurate, fluid, and necessary. You won't be able to waggle your way through this game. The items you get in the game all benefit from this control, and better, you'll be using all your items throughout the adventure. No items left behind (except for the slingshot for the bow eventually)
    If by now you've noticed, Skyward Sword has in fact ushered a new beginning. Skyward Sword is hands down the greatest Zelda ever made, one that will connect to every gamer out there. To sum this game up in one word, Legendary.
  31. Nov 30, 2011
    best game on the wii and one of the best games ever created, negative coments about this doesn't make sense at all, this is a masterpiece from begining to end..!
  32. Nov 30, 2011
    One of the finest examples in evolution of gameplay, a must-have and one of the best games ever created. If you want it don't be trolled out by bad reviews, just get it and see it for yourself.
  33. Nov 30, 2011
    Fast pacing and spot-on controls make this game the ultimate proof that Nintendo Wii and its motion controls can satisfy even the "hardcore" audience.
    amazing story, brilliant level design, memorable scores and the usual great game play we have been accustomed to when talking about Zelda.
    it is a must have for every video games lover!
  34. Dec 1, 2011
    Controls are perfect. Just throw away your Wii and go sleep if you have control problems. Anyway I'm so blessed that I could play the game during my life.
  35. Dec 2, 2011
    Skyward Sword Shows that the wii still has some life left in it. Its a truly amazing game that excels gamers expectations. The controls are tight and actually feel like your controlling a sword and shield and the implantation of a run button helps so much. Nintendo finally gave an origin story to the franchise a much needed one that captures the same feeling of ocarina of time. A lot ofSkyward Sword Shows that the wii still has some life left in it. Its a truly amazing game that excels gamers expectations. The controls are tight and actually feel like your controlling a sword and shield and the implantation of a run button helps so much. Nintendo finally gave an origin story to the franchise a much needed one that captures the same feeling of ocarina of time. A lot of people say that this game is just as good or if not very close to how good ocarina of time, and i can see why. The graphics are some of the best the wii has ever shown with an art style all its own, the story epic in every way "although still no voice acting" the controls shows us the way the wii was meant to be used, and the music truly blew my mind. Not since ocarina of time and well the original halo theme song did i get chills hearing the music in game. Over all to all this is an amazing game that much like ocarina everyone should play Expand
  36. Dec 2, 2011
    Amazing graphics, awesome gameplay, beautiful level desings, it makes me feel like I am playing majoras mask again, superb upgrades, it took me 75 hours to finish it at 100 %, this is what we waited 5 long years for... ENJOY IT!!!
  37. Dec 2, 2011
    Stupendous! Gamers really can't ask for more. The best Zelda according to me. From the controls, to the graphics, to the story, I was blown away. Nintendo really went all out with this one.
  38. Dec 26, 2011
    The Game's An Overall Masterpiece, Though Sometimes It Can Feel A Little Too Easy, And It's Real Annoying When The Controls Go Off Center. Other Than That,This Should Belong In Anyone's Collection!
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    this is one of the most creative and beatiful games off all time with some of the most unique graphics to date, this game has the best motion controls of all the games this gen, a 50 to 100 or more hours of adventure with a amazing story, lots of side quests, and great cut scenes this is a long game worth your time and money, this is best game ever
  40. Nov 20, 2011
    From the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazingFrom the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazing control.

Figuring out that certain enemies drop certain things, which can be used for upgrading items was one of the most exciting parts. Definitely will enjoy adventuring all the lands in search of pieces to upgrade my already amazing arsenal of gear.
    beyond that, the cinematics are at peak, and are the best they've ever been. and last, the Graphics are GORGEOUS. i find myself looking at walls, just to see the amazing painting-like artwork throughout the game. over all, a very fun game. Definitely recommend, 10/10
  41. Nov 26, 2011
    Best zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, goBest zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, go back to playing your non cinematic skyrim. Just because a game has voice acting, doesnt make it any better, a perfect example of this is Dragon Age , where they literally killed the saga by adding voice acting along wiht many other flaws. Some argue nintendo is living in the past, but the past is doing a hell lot better than the present and this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2011
    I can see a problem and It's that this game is the greatest Zelda game, so ,the greatest game of the history, and this is the reason why the trolls or haters were giving bad notes, and it's fine, but in their interior they know that this Zelda is a Masterpiece, the controls, the gameplay, the story, all in this game is fantastic.
  43. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the negative reviews complaining about controls and fetch quests. There's always side quests in any sort of RPG, but they are OPTIONAL. Unless you count items and flames that you obtain in dungeons as fetch quests? Regardless, I've decided the control complaints are simply because you suck at the game. I've had no problems, and this is my favoriteI'm having a lot of trouble understanding the negative reviews complaining about controls and fetch quests. There's always side quests in any sort of RPG, but they are OPTIONAL. Unless you count items and flames that you obtain in dungeons as fetch quests? Regardless, I've decided the control complaints are simply because you suck at the game. I've had no problems, and this is my favorite Zelda game yet. The perfect blend of homages to previous games and new, imaginative elements and design. A must have for any gamer, Wii owner, or Zelda fan. Expand
  44. Nov 21, 2011
    Sound -> 10, it's Zelda, and sounds so good!
    Graphics -> 10, it's not HD, but it's beautiful, amazing design and colorful.
    Gameplay -> 10, 1:1, nothing more to say.
    Story -> 10 too.
  45. Nov 21, 2011
    Es genial, todo es sobresaliente. La música , los gráficos, la historia , las quest secundarias, volar...
    Es un paso evolutivo en la franquicia , las mazmorras. El control perfecto con el wii motion plus.
    La duración es buena.
    Lo tiene todo
  46. Nov 21, 2011
    Simple as this its a good as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and for people who never played that this is your chance to play a game as good as it and its GOTY for me hands down
  47. Nov 21, 2011
    It will make use your head until the end...It's one of the most difficult Zelda compared to the last Zeldas; excellent gameplay associated with a perfect game design. The Legend is back!!
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    This is one of the best games i have ever played. the visuals are stunning and the motion controls feel like it was meant for zelda. it has been receiving some of the best reviews i have seen on the net, getting a perfect 40 from FAMITSU magazine which consists of four different reviewers that review the game and give it a final score. only16 games in existence have achieved this before,This is one of the best games i have ever played. the visuals are stunning and the motion controls feel like it was meant for zelda. it has been receiving some of the best reviews i have seen on the net, getting a perfect 40 from FAMITSU magazine which consists of four different reviewers that review the game and give it a final score. only16 games in existence have achieved this before, Oot being the first. This is truely a game for the ages Expand
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game! Great ideas, new experiences and a story that honors the entire legacy. The graphics are incredible for Wii's capacity and maybe you have to choose wisely your TV and it's configuration before start playing. Orchestras sounds are terrific and the controls REALLY work if you wanna play it correctly. Congrat's, Nintendo. Nobody does it better.
  50. Nov 26, 2011
    A simply brilliant game from the creative minds of Nintendo. The motion control is great fun and the art style really fits Zelda. The characters all have unique personality traits as well as looks. Small details and little changes to the zelda formula make this a refreshing change of pace for the series.
  51. Nov 26, 2011
    just amazing... one of the best games i´ve ever playd...... its beautifull and full of feelings the advernture, the characters, link, zelda, the places, the dugeons... everyting its so amazing... i just love this game.. its a "must have" and... game of the year....
  52. Dec 5, 2011
    A fantastic game from start to finish! The one-to-one movement swordplay made me feel more powerful than any other game i have played. The aesthetics and music complement the game perfectly and give it a truly 'epic' feel. Truly the Wii's swansong release!

Full review at http://infinityfeed.blogspot.com/2011/11/legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-review.html
  53. Nov 27, 2011
    The game is good. But i do have to question how many 10's you all are giving it. This is far from a 10 as Zelda games go. Skyward Sword is one giant fetch quest with some dungeons peppered in. Twilight Princess was that perfect refinement of the Zelda series up to its point in time. For Skyward Sword to feel like a true departure, they would have needed to do more than add motionThe game is good. But i do have to question how many 10's you all are giving it. This is far from a 10 as Zelda games go. Skyward Sword is one giant fetch quest with some dungeons peppered in. Twilight Princess was that perfect refinement of the Zelda series up to its point in time. For Skyward Sword to feel like a true departure, they would have needed to do more than add motion controls and strip out the exploration of an overworld (a KEY hallmark of the series). Understandably, the developers still needed SS to feel like a Zelda game - which it still very much does - but they would have been wise to completely revolutionize the series with this entry instead of the next one on Wii-U. Nintendo needs a big shot in the arm right now to remind fans that they are capable of pushing the envelope with ALL of its series, as they proved so gracefully with Mario Galaxy. It really does seem to me that all the perfect scores dolled out to Skyward Sword may be the result of advertising deals, rose tinted glasses, or just pure hype. This Zelda is ultimately a disappointment and I am not excited to play it again in all it's tedium and tacked on fetch quests which extend to length of the game. I do agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives, as usual, but there are enough negatives this time around that the game feels like a chore 50% of the time. This is perhaps the Worst Best game i have ever played. (8.5) Expand
  54. Nov 26, 2011
    Don't pay attention to the fools giving out the same excuse for why this game is bad or lacking, following Tom Mc shea's comments. Motion controls are great and fluid. Please find something better to troll. You might also say it's the same old Zelda. But that "same old" has always been sensational. Also anyone who gave this score a zero is not giving a legit review. I give this game a 9.9Don't pay attention to the fools giving out the same excuse for why this game is bad or lacking, following Tom Mc shea's comments. Motion controls are great and fluid. Please find something better to troll. You might also say it's the same old Zelda. But that "same old" has always been sensational. Also anyone who gave this score a zero is not giving a legit review. I give this game a 9.9 which rounds up to a ten. It's not perfect but then again what is. Expand
  55. Nov 29, 2011
    Has the world gone mad???? 30 negative reviews???this is just unbelievable...the game is brilliant having a very impressive art style(even though i liked twilight princess more on regard of the art style)the games motion controls are the best I've seen yet,i think that we might be looking at the game of the year
  56. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is great but not perfect, there's a little backtracking but the beautiful gmeplay and story usually makes up for it. A sold A- nintendo, thanks again
  57. May 27, 2014
    I'll start this review by saying that, while I've enjoyed a number of games in the series, I wouldn't generally consider myself to be a huge Zelda fan. Having heard virtually nothing but positive reviews for this title since its release however I purchased Skyward Sword hoping it would top all the previous games. This may not be the popular opinion but I was left bitterly disappointed as aI'll start this review by saying that, while I've enjoyed a number of games in the series, I wouldn't generally consider myself to be a huge Zelda fan. Having heard virtually nothing but positive reviews for this title since its release however I purchased Skyward Sword hoping it would top all the previous games. This may not be the popular opinion but I was left bitterly disappointed as a number of issues meant I failed to garner much enjoyment from the game.
    Chief amongst these issues is the tedious opening three to four hours in which the majority of the time is spent listening to characters explain the world in far more detail than is necessary rather than just letting the player explore for themselves. I've never played a game where I found myself wishing that NPCs would just stop talking and let me get on with things quite as much. During this time it also becomes clear just how important HD has become to a games visuals. I'm not someone who is usually too fussed about how a game looks but Skyward Sword looks particularly ugly in places, especially when compared to the gorgeous cel-shaded graphics of The Wind Waker. The much hyped motion-controls, while better than the majority of Wii titles, are also as frustrating as ever in places.
    There are of course plenty of examples of the usual Nintendo magic to be found throughout the game and Zelda fans will likely be pleased with what they find but this won’t do anything to attract gamers previously uninterested in the series.
  58. Dec 27, 2011
    This game has me addicted. The amount of dislike is boggling my mind, maybe it is people who have never experienced the series or people who just can not get their head around the controls. But I love it. My favorite of the series was Twilight Princess for the Wii, I also loved Ocarina of Time on both the N64 and 3DS, and LTTP on SNES. However this is very quickly becoming my favorite. TheThis game has me addicted. The amount of dislike is boggling my mind, maybe it is people who have never experienced the series or people who just can not get their head around the controls. But I love it. My favorite of the series was Twilight Princess for the Wii, I also loved Ocarina of Time on both the N64 and 3DS, and LTTP on SNES. However this is very quickly becoming my favorite. The setting of the story is one of the best of any game ever, it is brilliant. The freedom of the skies is more interesting and more beautiful than Hyrule Fields which we all have known and loved for the last 10 games pretty much. The loftwing and its brilliant controls make me want to say "Goodbye Epona!" The story of the game is absolutely sensational as well, a backstory to Ocarina of Time? Amazing! Some little tidbits of the game do get a bit frustrating as well, the dialogue does go a bit slower in this one, but that is just a nuisance, nothing game breaking. The really sad part about this game is your guardian. She is really lifeless and boring, Midna is really a hard character to beat, with her sassy attitude, her cool looks, and her backstory. However they are just side characters so it isn't gamebreaking, however I would like to see Midna return in the next game somehow. At least as a side mission or shown in a background story. The controls are actually surprisingly good, if you got the gold Wii remote which looks amazing, the Wii Motion Plus will be no bother to you, and swinging should not get you tired. The swordplay is a bit off most of the time, doing jabs proves to be pretty hard in intense situations, but it gives a bit more of a challenge. The design of the game is pretty amazing, I have walked around Skyloft quite a few times and just marveled at how amazing it looks and how alive it really feels. Through three temples it does feel kind of repetitive, you collect like 3 or 5 of an item, get in the temple and do your business. But the temples really amazing, especially the Earth Temple I loved its design, the lava, the rolling eye, the boss battle was incredible, that short Indiana Jones moment. Everything was just amazingly fun. The graphics are awesome, everyone got their dark Zelda with Twilight Princess and also got toony with Wind Waker. This is a mash up of the two. It looks like Twilight Princess painted with water colors. The graphics are really fantastic for a Wii game. There are no parts that look really gross in terms of graphics.

For all these reasons I say pick this game up without thinking about it. This maybe the last big game for the Wii, and I must say, what a way to go out!
  59. Dec 22, 2011
    Best Zelda game and best Wii game I've ever played. I beat the game with 100% completion and I was clocked in at 65 hours of gameplay. Huge game for the Wii. Nintendo did an amazing job with this one and it's worth buying a Wii just for this game! If you are even kind of a Zelda fan, BUY IT!
  60. Dec 1, 2011
    This is the Best The Legend of Zelda game ever made... The Story, the mechanics, the gameplay, the characters, the music, everything is a WIN in this game. this was the best way that Nintendo could celebrate the 25 th Anniversary of the franchise (an epic game) This game is fresh air (and a masterpiece) in the middle of all those generic HD "ready" games of this 7th generation. MetacriticThis is the Best The Legend of Zelda game ever made... The Story, the mechanics, the gameplay, the characters, the music, everything is a WIN in this game. this was the best way that Nintendo could celebrate the 25 th Anniversary of the franchise (an epic game) This game is fresh air (and a masterpiece) in the middle of all those generic HD "ready" games of this 7th generation. Metacritic really should do something with all those ignorant haters who put a 0/10 in this and another games, because that is just ridiculous. This game is no way less than 9/10.

For me, this game deserves a 10/10
  61. Dec 1, 2011
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is hands down the greatest game I have ever played. Dungeons are amazing, puzzle are great, story is engaging, and combat works perfectly. One word about combat, once combat finally clicks, for a time the enemies start to feel a little easy. However, just when combat loses its charm, the game provides us with some of the best puzzles I have ever seen. IfLegend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is hands down the greatest game I have ever played. Dungeons are amazing, puzzle are great, story is engaging, and combat works perfectly. One word about combat, once combat finally clicks, for a time the enemies start to feel a little easy. However, just when combat loses its charm, the game provides us with some of the best puzzles I have ever seen. If you have a wii, get this game. If you don't have a wii, get a wii, then get this game. Expand
  62. Dec 3, 2011
    This game is beautiful. The art style is just wonderful and stands ground against these "HD REALISTIC" games such as Skyrim or Modern Warfare 3. The storyline was the best in the series.
    'Two childhood friends, who may secretly be caring for each other more than that, are separated and one will do anything it takes to get the other one back." Amazing.
  63. Dec 4, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is potentially the most anticipated release of 2011 for any system maybe challenged only by The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim. With so much hype and pressure surrounding this "swansong" for the aging Nintendo Wii did this game soar or dive? Other than Super Mario the Legend of Zelda games have continually shown their influence throughout the gaming industry withThe Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is potentially the most anticipated release of 2011 for any system maybe challenged only by The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim. With so much hype and pressure surrounding this "swansong" for the aging Nintendo Wii did this game soar or dive? Other than Super Mario the Legend of Zelda games have continually shown their influence throughout the gaming industry with game mechanics, story developement, and art design. However, some have felt that the Zelda formula that has been used in Zelda games over the past several years has gotten a bit stale, and needed to evolve in order for the series to continue to stay on top of the gaming industry.So, the real question is whether or not Nintendo has changed enough to keep things fresh, and whether Skyward Sword solidify's it's place amongst the top games of all time. The short answer is simple: YES!

Gameplay: 10/10 When the Wii was released we were promised true motion gaming with 1:1 controls for fluid gaming. Unfortunately, Nintendo was not able to deliver on this promise up front, and rectified this mistake by developing the motion plus to enhance motion gameplay. While Ubisoft was the first to truly test Motion Plus gameplay with Red Steel 2, which ended up being fantastic, Nintendo has now given the Wii the game it always deserved to showcase it's motion control capabilities. Skyward Sword's 1:1 sword combat is outstand. It uses a combination of motion plus and IR in order to keep things in check, and offers depth to the fighting mechanics that could have easily become redundant/repetitive. However, I found myself taking a look at the enemy I was approaching thinking about just how I was going to dismantle them. The added ability for Link to be able to sprint is also a major addition to the formula, which doesn't necessarily seem huge, but allows for some significant gameplay changes. With the new quickswap menu for items/tools makes gameplay cohesive, and makes you wonder how you play Zelda without it. If you don't find the gameplay delightful then you might be missing something.

Story: 10/10 Potentially one of the best stories of any Zelda title. Without giving to many details away, this is an origins story for the Zelda series. It doesn't find Link and Zelda in their typical predicaments, which is a breath of fresh air for the series. You will also find yourself caring about other characters throughout, with the desire to try and talk with every villager in the game. Skyward Sword completely captivates, and you may not want to stop playing until to unveil it all.

Graphics: 10/10 The Wii released to prove one thing, and that was to convince developers and gamers alike that what makes a game soar is gameplay not graphics. I think for the most part they've succeded in that endeavor, but Skyward Sword is absolutely gorgeous to look at! It uses a mixture of realistic graphics found in Twilight Princess, and more cel shaded graphics of Wind Waker. The final product is like playing a painting. It really is a work of art, and quite honestly one that only Nintendo could pull off.

Longevity: 10/10 With the main quest promising at least 40 hours of gameplay, and completing everything the game offers will put you potentially around the 100 hours mark. This game will keep you playing for quite some time. In fact it might even have you wanting to play through one more time just to see all of the beautiful locations Skyward Sword has to offer.

Verdict: 10/10 Skyward Sword is a constant reminder why Nintendo is #1. The way they create worlds, characters, and stories is really unique in the gaming industry. No one quite does it the way Nintendo does it, and with games like the Mario Galaxies and now Skyward Sword it just proves this even more. If you're finishing this review then do yourself a huge favor. Either scroll up and purchase Skyward Sword, or run out to your local video game retailed and get it. People of all ages need to experience the greatest Zelda of all time, and quite possibly the greatest game of all time. There is one thing for certain. The negative reviews written for this game are completely unfounded. I've been playing for nearly 20 hours now, and I have had not one issue or control mishap with the motion controls. The negative media surrounding the Wii Motion controls hasn't been completely unfounded, but to wrap this game in to that nonsense is pure nonsense. This game further proves that only Nintendo can create some of the most unforgettable gaming experiences, and Skyward Sword might be the best of the best!
  64. Dec 5, 2011
    Note: I have not yet finished the game. The Legend of Zelda Sword is a remarkable experience. While the graphics are mediocre from a technical stand point, the art style is beautiful, and the scope of the game is breathtaking. The audio is good as well, with some great orchestral music and crisp sound effects. Where Skyward Sword excels is the gameplay, the dungeons are some of the best inNote: I have not yet finished the game. The Legend of Zelda Sword is a remarkable experience. While the graphics are mediocre from a technical stand point, the art style is beautiful, and the scope of the game is breathtaking. The audio is good as well, with some great orchestral music and crisp sound effects. Where Skyward Sword excels is the gameplay, the dungeons are some of the best in the series. The game also breaks old Zelda conventions whilst adding new ones in the process. If there was anything I didn't like about the game that would be the lack of voice acting, and the (OCCASIONALLY) problematic camera. Expand
  65. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is perfect! Amazing history, great graphics except for the Wii's low resolution, nice gameplay. If you are a Zelda fan this is a must have.
  66. Dec 6, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword isnt just the best game on Wii, but is easily the best Zelda game and one of the greatest games ever made. The start puts you in the floating Island above the clouds Skyloft, and later is revealed how it became like that. Progressing through the 30 to 40 hour story makes this one of if not the best Zelda story in history. The first act is adorable withThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword isnt just the best game on Wii, but is easily the best Zelda game and one of the greatest games ever made. The start puts you in the floating Island above the clouds Skyloft, and later is revealed how it became like that. Progressing through the 30 to 40 hour story makes this one of if not the best Zelda story in history. The first act is adorable with showing off Link and Zelda's relationship and the second is amazing with plenty of twists and turns around every corner, it's very engaging. Characters are absolutely amazing, from a new and charming Zelda and the creepy villain Girahim there's never a dull moment with each character you meet. The controls in Skyward Sword were probably my biggest worry when it was revealed to be MotionPlus control, however, those worries can be put to rest, after a little learning curve the controls felt natural and easy to use and can be very enjoyable. When aiming with some weapons though it sometimes loses focus and goes off on it's own sometimes, theirs a button that lets you center the wii remotes aiming, and after a couple hours it too felt natural. The few things people have been worried about is zeldas formula, its usually a dungeon then going through some sort of event to get to the next dungeon, Skyward Sword shows a new direction in that formula, the sky is your main hub, your loftwing is your animal companion this time around and can fly you all across the sky meeting new characters and areas, there's not much to do but what's there is very unique. The land below is where the dungeons are located and here is where you pick up bugs, treasure and other goodies such as weapon's, treasure can be used for upgrades and bugs for money, the map however is a bit linear there isn't a big hub like hyrule field, but what's there still holds a lot incentive to explore. Graphics, they aren't HD but the art style, level design, and overall look and feel make it the best graphics on the Wii and even better art style then other HD counter parts. TheLegend of Zelda: Skyward Sword isn't just the best Zelda and Wii game ever, but is one of if not the best games ive ever played, it will surely amaze you in terms of story and gamplay and show amazing set pieces that can only be described as Incredible 10/10 Expand
  67. Dec 24, 2011
    Best Zelda game so far! I wish there were more areas to explore, like in Wind Waker, but as far as the story goes, it's super. I love the hints that direct towards Ocarina of Time. I hope they're all related.
  68. Dec 25, 2011
    I must say, I don't think I have ever played a game this complete and this in sync with a game system. Skyward Sword delivered the greatest Zelda experience to date. The story is great and the game play is remarkable. This is the game the Nintendo Wii was designed for. This is an experience that will live forever in a gamer's heart.
  69. Feb 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is without a doubt the best game i played in 2011, it is just as good as Ocarina Of Time. The characters, the story, and THE MUSIC. *brain explodes into candy* AWESOME! but the hubworld kinda feels empty and i sometimes have problems with the controls, but those are just minor nitpicks which i can easily resolve with. I had a choice between Batman Arkham city, Sonic generations, and this to pick at gamestop. Even though i was kinda regretful at first, I made the right choice. If Link and Zelda would've kissed, then i would give it an 11/10, but that's not the case, but i will give this game an A+. Expand
  70. Apr 19, 2012
    I want to establish something before I write this review: When I purchased Skyward Sword, I was tremendously excited to play it. Zelda is a big deal to me. I'm 20 years old, so I was the perfect age to discover Ocarina of Time when I did. It seeded itself into my heart as one of the most magical experiences from my childhood, and therefor my life so far. I've heeded the call to save ZeldaI want to establish something before I write this review: When I purchased Skyward Sword, I was tremendously excited to play it. Zelda is a big deal to me. I'm 20 years old, so I was the perfect age to discover Ocarina of Time when I did. It seeded itself into my heart as one of the most magical experiences from my childhood, and therefor my life so far. I've heeded the call to save Zelda and Hyrule many times over now. I've traveled to other lands and even other dimensions, and just when I think I've seen it all, each games offers an array of new experiences and topics. Every game in the series thus far has given me memories that I'll always have, even now (I only recently beat Wind Waker and A Link to the Past). The point that I want to make is that I had never been disappointed in a Zelda game, and never imagined I ever would be, until Skyward Sword.
    Whatever excitement I had tearing into the foil around the case and putting the disc into the Wii was rather quickly diminished after maybe an hour of playing this game. After Twilight Princess, I had come to expect long tutorials in Zelda, but come on.. And when you finally arrive in the untamed world of Hyrule, it resembles a playground. There are only three areas on the map for you to explore, and theyre all quite small. It's very simple: there's a forest area, a volcano area, and a desert area, and they're not that attractive visually. You will be visiting the same three maps many, many times. Yes, these maps expand later, but its not enough, and 2 out of 3 times, those additions are too similar to the original map for my taste. They just feel like simple levels in the game, rather than areas to explore, without anyone to really interact with on the scale seen in nearly every Zelda game before. That brings me to the characters. I don't like them, no one stands in a way I'll remember, aside from the core characters in the story, and there aren't too many. I did however feel myself really involved in Groose's story, but ultimately failed to impress me. Fi has her moments, but you can count them on one hand. The story itself is okay, but "safe". I wish Nintendo would have tried new things this time around, given the production time of this game. It just doesnt stand out over any Zelda game I've played before, at all. I do remember going back and forth fetching items many times though. While it does have plenty of moments, it could have been much more. And for fans who care, there are maybe 2 memorable songs in this game. That's saying a lot for a Zelda title. What I feel happened is Nintendo sacrificed much of their grasp on what makes their franchise magical because of the focus on the Wii Motion Plus, which is sad, because it doesn't work that well. Before Skyward Sword was released, I trusted Nintendo that they would never implement a control scheme into a Zelda game if it did not work, and I was excited to see the Motion Plus in action, but it immediately failed to deliver. He never held the sword like I was holding it. I struggled with swinging my sword exactly the way I needed to for hours. Hours of clumsy buggy controls. What's sad is that you can feel the potential, had the Wii Motion Plus delivered. Most of the items are great ideas, but like the swordplay, they come up short because of how buggy the controls are overall. Most frustratingly, the "Skyward Strike", which consists of you charging your sword by holding the Wiimote over your head and then swinging it downwards, is a pretty important part of the final boss battle, and in the heat of the moment, it failed 4 out of 5 times. I died 13 times before I beat him.
    One thing I really did like: the dungeons. You will remember these dungeons, they are terrifically difficult, and all of the items in your inventory to good use during your time in each one. They feel fantastic, look fantastic, and you'll feel all the more brilliant every time you conquer one. Too bad most of the bosses disappoint, save a couple (Dungeon 5's boss is a brilliant battle). I'm giving this game a 7 out of 10, and I wrote this review with the intention of justifying a 6 out of 10 score, but there are redeeming points in this game. It's still a lengthy adventure, full of puzzles and things to be discovered, but there are so many disappointments, which is rare for this series. This was my least favorite title in that series, so I think it speaks for the entire series that I'm giving it a decent 7. Try not to buy it, but any Zelda fan should play it, but don't expect anything more memorable than anything released in this franchise's impressive 25-year run.
  71. May 10, 2012
    I'm sorry for being rude, but to everyone giving this game a 10 out of 10, and using remarks such as "Best Zelda Ever" and "a Masterpiece", are you all on meth? I UNDERSTAND it's your opinion, but it's also an opinion others are going to read and make their decision on this game upon. I LOVE the Zelda franchise, I have played every main game in the series, and only haven't beat 5 of them,I'm sorry for being rude, but to everyone giving this game a 10 out of 10, and using remarks such as "Best Zelda Ever" and "a Masterpiece", are you all on meth? I UNDERSTAND it's your opinion, but it's also an opinion others are going to read and make their decision on this game upon. I LOVE the Zelda franchise, I have played every main game in the series, and only haven't beat 5 of them, but I did beat Skyward Sword, within a week of it's release, and I was out the door to trade it in for Skyrim as soon as I saw "The End". I'm NOT saying this game is worth anything less than a 6 out of 10, but I AM saying that nearly every blockbuster game to come out in 2011 was better than this game. I'm also saying that this was the worst game in the franchise, completely abandoning the polished story telling, art and gameplay of all previous Zelda games in the past and devoting itself to a gimmick that Nintendo is pushing down our throats as fans of this series. I didn't want to buy the Wii Motion Plus, but I did just so I could play this game, and Nintendo understands that there are people like me out there, there are a lot, and they completely used that against us. As for everyone giving it anything over an 8 out of 10 and praising it like its some kind of milestone in the franchise, I'm going to have to assume you're all in denial, because like myself, you wanted this game to be worth the over 5 years it took to create, but it wasn't, so you don't need to ruin the accumulative score with your simplistic "OMG 10" reviews. As for the game, it's a 7 out of 10. As someone said before, for the worst game in the franchise, 7 is a pretty outstanding score. Expand
  72. Aug 26, 2012
    I've played through Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time, and this is not even close. The first problems being the intro, in the N64 titles the intros are short, sharp and interesting...In Skyward Sword the intro drags along. I think that the introduction (first 2-5 hours) is most important because that can make the difference between someone playing and quitting the game and i dont think thatI've played through Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time, and this is not even close. The first problems being the intro, in the N64 titles the intros are short, sharp and interesting...In Skyward Sword the intro drags along. I think that the introduction (first 2-5 hours) is most important because that can make the difference between someone playing and quitting the game and i dont think that the first hours of gameplay are fun at all. The story in Skyward Sword does also not live up to usual standards. But what were looking at is gameplay. On so the combat is rather fun and maybe even a bit more involving than that of Oot and MM. Saying this, the boss battles are quite tedious and the controls for blocking and rolling are inconvenient. The games items are also pretty interesting. I mean, the claws and the beetle thing are both pretty cool items but on the other hand i find it really repetitive to use the dowsing thing over and over again. One thing they have perfected time and time again in the Zelda series is the soundtrack, and im happy to say at least they got something right with this game. The dungeons are also quite well thought out as usual but lack variation, i mean for example the first dungeon. Confuse the eyeball, shoot the bug, open a door...Rinse and repeat. But in saying all this, i know ive sounded a little harsh on a game from a series that i love. But the wait was very long and it was very disappointing compared to the others. In saying this it is not a bad game, it is just i know they can do better because they have done much much better before. Expand
  73. Dec 9, 2013
    The worst Zelda to date, without a doubt. The graphics, if not super ugly, look old and flat, the dungeons are not what we used to see, the writings are not good, sometimes even a real pain to read, the ideas are not good... But the worst part, where it hurts the most, is definitely the controls. They tried waaaaaay too hard to include motion features, waaaaay too hard. It limited theThe worst Zelda to date, without a doubt. The graphics, if not super ugly, look old and flat, the dungeons are not what we used to see, the writings are not good, sometimes even a real pain to read, the ideas are not good... But the worst part, where it hurts the most, is definitely the controls. They tried waaaaaay too hard to include motion features, waaaaay too hard. It limited the gameplay, felt repetitive, and the game felt more like some kind of QTE Zelda than a real Zelda. Oh, and my arm hurt after a 2 hours.
    Overall, the gameplay feels incredibly tedious, especially for a big fan of the series like me. It's not a Zelda, I couldn't find the personnality and the heart of this unique series. It's a random Wii adventure game.
    Even if A Link Between Worlds was absolutely amazing, after playing Skyward Sword, I cannot help myself but fearing for the future of the 3D Zeldas, and more generally for the future of my favourite video game series ever. A huge disappointment.
  74. Dec 7, 2011
    Okay, so it's not the best Zelda game. But with it's Motion Controls and restructured Zelda formula, it's worth a try for any gamer at all. It may lack in areas that shined in past Zelda games, but the game has obviously taken big steps for the series.
  75. Nov 25, 2011
    A lot of skyward sword is either love or hate. I love the new graphics style as well as the new gameplay elements, however I can easily see why someone would not. The stamina bar for example, could either be seen as something that adds to movement strategy or simply another useless meter to worry about. The graphics could either be viewed as laziness or nintendo's way of creatively usingA lot of skyward sword is either love or hate. I love the new graphics style as well as the new gameplay elements, however I can easily see why someone would not. The stamina bar for example, could either be seen as something that adds to movement strategy or simply another useless meter to worry about. The graphics could either be viewed as laziness or nintendo's way of creatively using the limited power of the aging wii. Speaking of graphics, they are probably (as was with wind waker) the most criticized element of the game. However, I think they're beautiful. Just look into the sky in Faron Woods, or take a stroll through sky loft at night, the impressionist influence really pops. If the graphics style was too realistic, the whole game would lose its whimsical and colorful atmosphere, which could potentially break the game. Combat is excellent, swordplay is now longer just mashing b. Almost all the enemies (save the generic keese/chus) require a special element to defeat them. To provide an example of the depth motion plus gives to combat, remembering OoT when the skullutas just turned around for you? Now you have to horizontally slice them to get them to spin, and then thrust to hit the center. If you thrust first, they just knock into you. All in all, the best time I've had on my WIi in a long time. Expand
  76. Apr 20, 2012
    Zelda: Skyward Sword is a good game that finds itself in the unfortunate position of being compared to previous Zelda titles. While in many ways it does improve upon the old ones and utilizes the Wii motion controller to its fullest by making intuitive and challenging combat as well as new, if not occasionally bewildering puzzles, the open-world gameplay and sidequests have been at bestZelda: Skyward Sword is a good game that finds itself in the unfortunate position of being compared to previous Zelda titles. While in many ways it does improve upon the old ones and utilizes the Wii motion controller to its fullest by making intuitive and challenging combat as well as new, if not occasionally bewildering puzzles, the open-world gameplay and sidequests have been at best streamlined and at worst ruined. Before I continue I'd like to stress the fact that this is a good, though I would not say "great" game however due to the shower of praise it has received in the media I'd like to focus on the drawbacks so many "professional game reviews" forgot to mention before I paid $45 USD for a used copy (Closer to $100 if you include the cost of a Wii Motion Plus controller).

First and foremost are the controls. Yes, after 3.5 years into the console's life Nintendo finally releases an add-on to improve the hardware. While I can't deny some improvements have been made in terms of position detection of the Wii-mote, it's far from perfect and the point-and-click ability has suffered a far worse setback than anything has improved, so much so there's an in-game function to recenter its calibration. Furthermore the new bomb-flower rolling mechanic is more of an endurance test as most the time the game can't tell if you're trying to roll it or return to the useless "in-between" stance in which Link simply awaits for the bomb to explode in his hands. Even the simplest of puzzles involving this can take 3 hearts easily.

Next up is the exposition. Yes I know Zelda games have a traditionally slow opening but in all Zelda games I can immediately recall saving is something you can do anytime and pick it up later. Worse that it's been almost 15 years since Ocarina of Time yet there is still no skippable cutscenes, including the schizophrenic treasure dialogues. It doesn't matter if you have 6 Eldin Ore. The 7th one may stop to tell you what you just grabbed and what it's for (vaguely) but then again sometimes you'll get 5 more it will just let you on your merry little way. The biggest offender is the story itself though. Even after you've descended to the surface and solved a few puzzles an old lady stops you and tells you basically nothing you haven't already heard. "The Goddess has chosen you. You're to save Zelda". Had the way out just been unlocked she could've been missing and the only question would've been "why make such a large room just to hide a few items?"

Linearity. OK in a way almost all Zelda games are fairly linear. You need to go to certain temples in a certain order and obtain certain items to solve certain puzzles (although I accidentally went to one temple out of order in Phantom Hourglass) but they still felt like an adventure, largely due to the open world and having the freedom to find side-quests. While some interesting features are there to be found, the hidden "dungeons" that make extrapolating their contents such a challenge are from what I can tell nowhere to be found. Regenerating enemies make sure you don't explore too much on the surface either and seem to be the only indication as where you're supposed to be. It's very easy to not know where you're supposed to be and spend a long time exploring a vast, enemy-infested but otherwise uninteresting map. It feels more like being on an airport's moving sidewalk than on an adventure. Had half the explanation for the story (which largely consists of telling you whom you're looking for every time you find a key to a dungeon or boss room) gone into pointing you in the right direction then I'd probably be able to lose two criticisms and sadly, no, I'm not nit-picking. The exposition really is that forced, there really is a "right direction" in a Zelda game and the puzzles really are this perplexing.

At the end of the day I'd be recommending this to everybody and my brother if, for nothing else, to demonstrate the Wii has potential despite its limitations had it simply been known as "Skyward Sword" in the unlikely event I would give a title a second glance. Fortunately, at least for Nintendo profits, it is known as "Zelda: Skyward Sword" but with that free ride comes a higher standard, including that of an expansive and immersive world and while many of my criticisms can be applied to previous titles of the franchise I do feel that as a Nintendo fan I am entitled to expect some improvement over time, even if that means taking a chapter from previous installments or at the least the "zip-through-speech" button that made the N64 Paper Mario one of my favorite and most replayable RPGs in video-game history.
  77. Apr 24, 2012
    I couldn't stand playing it. I'm sorry for giving it such a bad score, but I couldn't even make it all the way through. I thought to myself "Why play it if it is complete hell to get through?"

Your hand is being held throughout the entire game. Fi drove me bonkers after the first twenty minutes of getting out into the world, giving you completely useless information and percentages, or giving you tips the gave it completely away. If Fi wasn't helping you out, there always seemed to be something else there that gave it away. You couldn't explore, the dialogue was slow, the graphics gave me a headache (Personally, I can't stand that graphic style.) I purchased the wii motion plus just for this game. I was that excited about it. The motion control sucks, may I add that. No matter how much I moved the censor, or switched controllers, or even attempted to perfect my own wrist movement, I always found my sword wouldn't do exactly what I wanted it to without a couple tries. The only thing that was difficult about the game was the combat, but that was only when the enemies were constantly shielding from your attacks. If you managed to get past that, it was a breeze.

I had been told that it got better as it went through, but I honestly just gave up. There was no pleasure coming from it. I know a seven year old who loved it. And I could understand why. The mixture of cutesy graphics and enemies, being carried through objectives, and completely obnoxious npc's (I just wanted to purchase that potion, I didn't want the whole story behind how you created it and what it does), makes it a great children's game.

Truly a disappointment. I couldn't wait for it to arrive at my doorstep, I had waited days, and when it finally came I was thrilled, until I began playing. Honestly though, I think its either a game you're going to love, or you're going to hate.
  78. Jan 11, 2012
    How **** stupid do you have to be to rant about how this title is more of the same. Last time I checked Zelda games have consistently been awesome. So has Metroid and most Mario games... If it ain't broke don't fix it. Great game though the intro was a bit prolonged.
  79. Nov 29, 2011
    it looks like the critics are even trying to sabotage this game, this game is everything i wanted and more well done Nintendo! the graphics are 10 for artistic merit, motion controls 10 for evolving the Zelda franchise, story is the most dramatic so far in the series, sorry but this is getting a 10.
  80. Nov 28, 2011
    Here we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one ofHere we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of those titles. Skyward Sword improves on every aspect of the Zelda series. It raised the bar so high, that future titles (of the series), are going to have one hell of a time flying past the skies and into the stars...

STORY-It's no secret that Skyward Sword is the prequel to OOT, in fact, Nintendo announced that Skyward Sword takes place as the first Zelda title ever. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience that tells the brilliant story about how the series first started. Without going into detail (for the sake of people who have yet to play it), Skyward Sword dramatically changes the way The Legend Of Zelda's story was ever told. Traditionally, Zelda's story has always been about Link saving Princess Zelda from the Evil clutches of Gannon, have a happy ending, and do it all again in 3 to 5 years; this is not the case for Skyward Sword. Skyward Swords story improves in so many ways and with it's great art design, manages to deliver a memorable cast of characters. For those of you hoping for more control of the story, your not going to find it here. Regardless, Nintendo does an excellent job perfectly pacing the story, without ever feeling like your hand is being held the whole way through. Your objectives are quite clear, yet your always asking yourself "how do I get to the next area"? I never felt as if any part of the story was added for the sake of making the game longer. CONTROLS-Skyward Sword defines what a true game experience really is, by using some of the most sophisticated motion controls ever designed for a video game. Forget what you knew about Zelda's button mashing combat, this is a whole new way to control Link; where as before battling enemies was strictly a button mashing obstacle to proceed, now turns into a fight that requires skill and accuracy to reach the next foe. Not only has Nintendo somehow managed to make every enemy and boss battle exciting, they succeeded in implementing motion controls into every aspect of the game, without hurting the experience and making it more tasteful, and appealing, to every type of gamer. The motion controls are a new and welcomed edition to the Zelda franchise; in fact, the thought of exploring the land of Hyrule without motion controls (after using it), would be a step backwards for the series.

GRAPHICS-Nintendo has managed to create a colorful, vivid, land, and some how combine the mature aspect of Twilight Princes together, without making it feel like Skyward Swords art direction was catered for children or adults. Granted most of the Wii's power is used for the Wii Motion Plus, Nintendo still managed to push the limits of the Wii like no other company has ever done before. There were a few times when I found myself wishing Skyward Sword would output in 1080p, but then again who doesn't??? I appreciate the effort that Nintendo made on Skyward Swords graphics, it runs so smooth (compared to current gen titles), I was able to look past the graphical limitations and enjoy the magnificent lands created. SOUND- Zelda + Orchestra = EPIC! Not once did I feel that the music in Skyward Sword never matched. Whether I was opening a treasure chest, or flying through the beautiful sky, Skyward Sword managed to suck me into its world with its tunes. Sound-effects are better than ever and improves on what previous versions offered. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience. There is over an hour and a half of cut scenes and itâ
  81. Nov 30, 2011
    Amazing game:) I really enjoyed it. The story, characters, control and even more were great. The graphics were amazing love the art style. It felt like you were really there! Also, the items were awesome, now it makes it better because of the new item system which it's better than using and switching 3 different items once in a while. The music was great, thanks Koji Kondo! The music feltAmazing game:) I really enjoyed it. The story, characters, control and even more were great. The graphics were amazing love the art style. It felt like you were really there! Also, the items were awesome, now it makes it better because of the new item system which it's better than using and switching 3 different items once in a while. The music was great, thanks Koji Kondo! The music felt good to be alive! The game brought and 25 music anniversary cd which is amazing! I was eating my dinner while listening to it and it felt good and relax some of my favorites were in the cd too:) The enemies were challenging to defeat because it was like a puzzle which its great cause I love puzzles in the Zelda games. The dungeons were amazing and you can go back to them which is awesome! I recommend this game if you play video games! Trust me is a game you don't want to miss:) Expand
  82. Dec 5, 2011
    I judge games on an individual level. I liked the game in itself more than Skyrim, I have more fun. Even IGN reviewers said they feel that Skyward Sword surpassed Ocarina of Time with this one, and if I am correct, IGN are usually biased towards Nintendo games, so..... by saying it surpassed TLOZOOT, they are indirectly saying they feel it is the best game of all time since OOT isI judge games on an individual level. I liked the game in itself more than Skyrim, I have more fun. Even IGN reviewers said they feel that Skyward Sword surpassed Ocarina of Time with this one, and if I am correct, IGN are usually biased towards Nintendo games, so..... by saying it surpassed TLOZOOT, they are indirectly saying they feel it is the best game of all time since OOT is considered by majority of gamers as the best of all time period, not ever really questioned.

Skyrim is great, I think they should tie, but if you have to choose, it's Skyward Sword. And you call it garbage, IGN and GameInformer rated Skyward a 10 and IGN and GI rated Skyrim a 9.5 (but Skyward is garbage...). Skyrim has more perfect scores because it was release 9 days earlier and more promotion, and multiple platforms.

I don't like that there are strictly Skyrim players voting that haven't even given Zelda a try, can't wait for Wii U so people can stop talking about Nintendo's graphics, btw Skyward Sword graphics in my honest opinion are better, it's unique rather than trying to be like everyone else with trying so hard to look realistic... Gameplay > Graphics, that's why Nintendo games are considered the best overall, Quality > Quantity.

And you guys keep saying Skyward is short compared to Skyrim like that matters, same with us saying Skyward has no glitches, but really games are meant to have fun, not try to take your life away (which skyward did for me lol).

Vote based purely on gameplay, and the vote would have to go to The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. Vote based on the game as a whole and the vote would have to go to The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword.

I really hope Skyward Sword wins GOTY.
  83. Dec 7, 2011
    This is the best game of the generation. The art style is timeless, the music is grand and the story is actually emotional and makes you care about the cast, unlike the 90% of western game's stories. But the two things where this masterpiece shines the most is the level design, and the revolutionary 1:1 sword combat mechanics. Playing an action game without motion controls may seem aThis is the best game of the generation. The art style is timeless, the music is grand and the story is actually emotional and makes you care about the cast, unlike the 90% of western game's stories. But the two things where this masterpiece shines the most is the level design, and the revolutionary 1:1 sword combat mechanics. Playing an action game without motion controls may seem a little dull after this. Expand
  84. Nov 28, 2011
    My second favourite zelda game. TP and OOT are joint top. This game has fun gameplay, recalibration is not irritating as people say. The cinematic direction is better than any other zelda game although I prefer TP's art style. The first area and dungeon are boring. Why then do I give this a 10 not a 9? Because although haters gonna hate, Lovers gonna love. Hehehe.
  85. Nov 25, 2011
    It took them 5 years but Nintendo has finally done it..delivering an adventure so grand yet utilizing the 'revolutionary' motion control to the best there ever is. While there may be some technical hiccups, this is truly the masters' showing how it's done. Delivering and maximizing the ability of a 'weaker' system such as the Wii to its fullest. Great graphics (not high def though), greatIt took them 5 years but Nintendo has finally done it..delivering an adventure so grand yet utilizing the 'revolutionary' motion control to the best there ever is. While there may be some technical hiccups, this is truly the masters' showing how it's done. Delivering and maximizing the ability of a 'weaker' system such as the Wii to its fullest. Great graphics (not high def though), great music, immersive control and gameplay...The best game of 2011 and all time is here. Expand
  86. Jan 19, 2012
    There is almost zero exploration in this game. Having a big open world with multiple towns, tons of sidequests, and tons of things to find and do has been a zelda tradition since the begining. Skyward Sword throws all that out in favor of a singular town, which acts as a hubworld to take you to the dungeon areas. Before you can enter each dungeon though you have to perform a dowsing fetchThere is almost zero exploration in this game. Having a big open world with multiple towns, tons of sidequests, and tons of things to find and do has been a zelda tradition since the begining. Skyward Sword throws all that out in favor of a singular town, which acts as a hubworld to take you to the dungeon areas. Before you can enter each dungeon though you have to perform a dowsing fetch quest which is boring and only serves to prolong the game. If you want to know what it's like playing Skyward Sword then just imagine what Ocarina of Time would be like if you took away everything but the dungeons, and added in some annoying fetch quests to prolong the game. Expand
  87. Mar 15, 2012
    Bought this on the strength of reviews. Good game- but not great. No exploration, a single town, lots of padding.. it felt like the game was sending me on fetch quests 'just because', and the storyline was really weak. The controls were good and accurate, but laggy, which often caused frustration and in the end I couldn't be bothered, and flailing worked just as often as being preciseBought this on the strength of reviews. Good game- but not great. No exploration, a single town, lots of padding.. it felt like the game was sending me on fetch quests 'just because', and the storyline was really weak. The controls were good and accurate, but laggy, which often caused frustration and in the end I couldn't be bothered, and flailing worked just as often as being precise did.

And Fi, the games 'Navi', is super annoying, blocking gamplay to reiterate what you have just been told/discovered. Overall, my least favourite Zelda game, and the only one that has had me bored and begging for it to finish.
  88. Nov 27, 2011
    While being a Zelda game makes this a fun game it is left far behind than the rest of the series. The storyline is good and all the characters are in line with what you'd expect from a Zelda game. The game however feels like it's centered around promoting motion plus. It's not so much that the controls are awful as I've read in other reviews rather than they are too much. There are noWhile being a Zelda game makes this a fun game it is left far behind than the rest of the series. The storyline is good and all the characters are in line with what you'd expect from a Zelda game. The game however feels like it's centered around promoting motion plus. It's not so much that the controls are awful as I've read in other reviews rather than they are too much. There are no simple actions in Skyward Sword you always have to make these weird movements to achieve it. Furthermore it is the first game of the series where I found many items useless. For example the whip is only good for riddles in some dungeons, useless after that. The beetle is not usable in combat. As for the shield most times you are better off avoiding an attack rather than blocking it with your fragile shield. In many cases you'd even be better off whacking like crazy at the enemy until you accidentally hit. All in all if you are a Zelda fan you should play this game although you'll probably find it inferior. If you've never played a Zelda game you should play another game of the series first an only come back to this one if you find yourself hooked. Expand
  89. Nov 29, 2011
    Best Zelda ever, it greatness creeps up on you, so its only immediately apparent but it grows on you. A few dungeons in and you see the best of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time.
  90. Apr 15, 2012
    Finally quit this game today. Tried to like it, but just didn't live up to the series' standards. Heavy reliance on motion control, but precision was definitely lacking. Requiring flying, a dull activity, pretty much sums up the entire game. It was fun when things were actually happening, but I got tired of the linearity, the retreads back to old worlds, the swimming (ugh). JustFinally quit this game today. Tried to like it, but just didn't live up to the series' standards. Heavy reliance on motion control, but precision was definitely lacking. Requiring flying, a dull activity, pretty much sums up the entire game. It was fun when things were actually happening, but I got tired of the linearity, the retreads back to old worlds, the swimming (ugh). Just disappointed.

To me, this game perfectly highlights the problems of relying on motion control for precision activities. Too often I felt that I wanted to perform some maneuver, but Link did not respond. The stamina meter was an interesting addition, but it eventually it just annoyed me.

Can't count the number of times I've replayed Link to the Past, but this is the first Zelda game I just got bored and quit. How disappointing.
  91. Dec 23, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Zelda series, check this out for the wii motion plus control system, adds an entire new element to the combat system. If you're not a fan of the Zelda series, what rock have you been hiding under, buy a wii, buy this game, save Zelda, be a hero. I've read a couple of bad reviews saying motion lag, and that the controls don't work properly (e.g. you can't controlIf you're a fan of the Zelda series, check this out for the wii motion plus control system, adds an entire new element to the combat system. If you're not a fan of the Zelda series, what rock have you been hiding under, buy a wii, buy this game, save Zelda, be a hero. I've read a couple of bad reviews saying motion lag, and that the controls don't work properly (e.g. you can't control which direction you swing the sword from), personally I have no idea what they're talking about, I can only assume they have the wii sensor bar buried underneath a mountain of junk, or that they don't know their left from their right, if you can't control THIS game, it's not the game, you as a gamer just have very bad coordination reminiscent of 12 year olds that tantrum when people won't let them win whilst playing HALO online....
    Overall, this is a fantastic game, typical of Nintendo, graphics are polished, although my one criticism is that of the console, this game would've looked fantastic in 1080p, but oh well. Musical score is fantastic. Controls are brilliant. The puzzles have been well thought out and really challenge you even if you're used to Zelda style puzzles. The major thing that blew me away however, was the story, I found myself wanting to save Zelda, wanting to help people, wanting to find out the dark past of the land. Buy it, you will not be disappointed.
  92. Dec 10, 2011
    Just wanted to throw another 10 this game's way (because 7.7 as an average user score is ridiculous) and add: GAME OF THE YEAR. Sorry "Uncharted 3."
  93. Dec 2, 2011
    Uno de los videojuegos mejores diseñados de los ultimos 10 años. Un espectaculo artistico y jugable. Sentiras que realmente nunca habias jugado a algo parecido. No puede faltar en tu coleccion.
  94. Dec 4, 2011
    Skyward Sword is an amazing game. It makes perfect use of the motion controls and has some of the best dungeons Zelda has seen yet! One of the best games in the franchise without a doubt.
  95. Dec 9, 2011
    I think negative/mixed reviews are out of mind. I can comprehend the issues of this game, but it remains the best demonstration of the Wii spectacular controller and the best game in this generation (maybe Skyrim can compete with this, but only Skyrim). The best Zelda ever.
  96. Dec 6, 2011
    This is a game that pretty much proves you can't always listen to the "users" as the case is that they're practically never right about a game being bad! Especially when it turns out to be as fun as this one! Believe me it's not something I usually say, but this time screw the losers. Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 both got higher ratings than this! However that doesn't meanThis is a game that pretty much proves you can't always listen to the "users" as the case is that they're practically never right about a game being bad! Especially when it turns out to be as fun as this one! Believe me it's not something I usually say, but this time screw the losers. Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 both got higher ratings than this! However that doesn't mean they're as fun. In fact as over rated as those games are (they're still fun IMO) they aren't worthy of climbing the same heights as a Zelda game like this one. Why not? Because they aren't nearly as revolutionary of games as people said they were! Now here's a game that has finally come along that you should just know from the very moment that you play it is pretty revolutionary, in ways that those other games will NEVER be! Show me one way that this brilliant this game isn't revolutionary! Do that and I'll show you something that will wow your socks off! Anyway you'll never convince me this is bad, if you find it bad...well that's your loss! Others who know better will continue to see it for what it is, the absolute best game in the series since Majora's Mask! Expand
  97. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. The story is immersive, the gameplay is extremely enjoyable and will take you a very decent amount of time to fully complete. Also the addition of Hero Mode extends the time you will likely spend playing this absolutely fantastic game. For those of you who really appreciate the music in a game, Skyward Sword will have you begging for a Soundtrack release - theThis game is a masterpiece. The story is immersive, the gameplay is extremely enjoyable and will take you a very decent amount of time to fully complete. Also the addition of Hero Mode extends the time you will likely spend playing this absolutely fantastic game. For those of you who really appreciate the music in a game, Skyward Sword will have you begging for a Soundtrack release - the music is utterly great. Finally, the Nintendo Wii has become the games console it was always intended to be with the release of a truly majestic game in the form of a ground-breakingly good adventure.
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword completely justifies the purchase of a Nintendo Wii, if only for this title.
  98. Mar 17, 2012
    Fetch quests....is that a legitimate substitute for the dungeon puzzles of the past? The 'dousing' mechanic is the worst thing to ever happen to this once great franchise. Well played, Nintendo. You just reused 80% of the content for us to play through again. Oh, and you have repeated non-skippable bullsh*t dialogue to torture the player with? Uh huh. Oh, you say you also have crappyFetch quests....is that a legitimate substitute for the dungeon puzzles of the past? The 'dousing' mechanic is the worst thing to ever happen to this once great franchise. Well played, Nintendo. You just reused 80% of the content for us to play through again. Oh, and you have repeated non-skippable bullsh*t dialogue to torture the player with? Uh huh. Oh, you say you also have crappy combat that pales in comparison to previous games? Yup. Oh, you say the game holds your hand so tightly their is almost no freedom of exploration? Sure, sure. I am a hug fan of Twilight, Wind Waker and past games, so it saddens me to give this a 5. This franchise, like others, is on cruise control. But with Zelda on the cover, you know those scores inflate reeeeaal. easy. Expand
  99. Mar 7, 2012
    Enjoyable enough to be worth a look if you are a Zelda fan (as I am), but has a deliberate, heavy handed feel that can get tedious. There are very few mysteries or puzzles to actually "solve", as everything is spelled out...often literally... multiple times. As others have noted, the same battles have to be repeated; the same areas have to be returned to for what often equates to a 30Enjoyable enough to be worth a look if you are a Zelda fan (as I am), but has a deliberate, heavy handed feel that can get tedious. There are very few mysteries or puzzles to actually "solve", as everything is spelled out...often literally... multiple times. As others have noted, the same battles have to be repeated; the same areas have to be returned to for what often equates to a 30 second - 1 minute "quest"; and at this point I could probably recite the description of every treasure in my sleep. (If every other aspect of gameplay can be saved at a save point, why can't the fact that I've seen a banal item description- and don't need to be reminded that "it can be found anywhere" or "it is very rare" - be noted!?) Controls worked fine for me; in fact, if it weren't for the involvement of physical activity, I don't think I would have kept playing. Graphics are ok; hated them at first but they grew on me. Still prefer any other Zelda title's style though. Overall, I much prefer the Zelda titles for the NES, SNES, N64 and Cube, all of which retained a level of challenge and rewarding puzzle solving that SS is lacking. In a slight throwback way, the feeling of going back to the same places over and over again in SS is reminiscent of having to start all the way back at the beginning in the original Zelda titles... but in a somehow even more irritating way. Expand
  100. Apr 4, 2012
    this episode is not comparable thilight princess, for me it is not so impressionnant.Je think the Wii has reached its limits with this new episode charts. In addition some features were not interacted Link does not enough with its environment. But it's still a good game to discover in the wii console.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.