7.9

1. Dec 1, 2011
    Skyward Sword definitely elevates at where it promises to fulfill. Want an engaging 1:1 sword fight? Well, this game has that in spades. At first, controls can be very difficult to get accustomed to, but once you do, you won't want to go back. Fantastic story, great music and visuals that fit the Wii's style.

Unfortunately, I cannot warrant a 10/10 for some slight annoyances here and

Unfortunately, I cannot warrant a 10/10 for some slight annoyances here and there. Treasure finding with the recurring pop-up description should not exist. Also, swimming using the gyro = no fun. This should have been avoided (joystick would have worked just fine). Furthermore, as huge the world seems...it can also feel a bit too limited if you will. For example, instead of having to head to the sky just to head to another area (woods to mountain), why couldn't they have implemented a path from one region to the next without flying to it? Finally, after having completed the game, I also wish that there was more to do in terms of item collecting instead of just finding hearts. And what am I going to do with a ridiculous amount of rupees once I acquire them?

All in all though, this is a quality game and I will be coming back to it like I do all the other Zelda's in the series.
  2. Dec 1, 2011
    As a Zelda since Ocarina of Time i believe this game is amazing. It's one of a kind The Legend of Zelda franchise. Great story, very smart and beautiful graphics considering Wii's capacity, good music, nice exploring of Link and Zelda's relationship, Skyloft is gorgeous, sword fight is something you wont be able to go back from, the dungeons are clever and gorgeous puzzles, hero mode makesAs a Zelda since Ocarina of Time i believe this game is amazing. It's one of a kind The Legend of Zelda franchise. Great story, very smart and beautiful graphics considering Wii's capacity, good music, nice exploring of Link and Zelda's relationship, Skyloft is gorgeous, sword fight is something you wont be able to go back from, the dungeons are clever and gorgeous puzzles, hero mode makes it all more challenging. Everything is great but i dont give this game a 10 simply because of the controls. I know i know, i praized the sword fighting and i stand by what i said but the Wii Motion Plus isnt ALWAYS accurate which is a same. This is my experience and i dont find it hard to believe something could be wrong with my wii remote since my wii is very old. But eventhough controllers do sometimes get out of syncrony, this never affect my gameplay severly, quite the opposite. Most of the times i wouldnt even realize it while sword fighting unless i used the beetle or something i needed to aim. And when they work...it's a whole new gaming experience...fantastic.
    Therefore i say this is a great Zelda game. I wont say it's the best but it might measure up to Ocarina of Time. PS: for those giving this game a 0 score...please, i know some of you might be dissapointed but at least give it a serious and considerable review and score. A zero score is what you would score a computer when it's not on.
  3. Dec 3, 2011
    What can I say? It's Zelda! You can't go wrong, but there is a few problems in the game. Like the motion controls. I like it but sometimes it can be a pain. You do a horizontal attack, it does a vertical. The shield can get in the way sometimes, people won't shut the hell up, but other then that the game is really enjoyable. The story is okay could have been better. Fi your sidekick youWhat can I say? It's Zelda! You can't go wrong, but there is a few problems in the game. Like the motion controls. I like it but sometimes it can be a pain. You do a horizontal attack, it does a vertical. The shield can get in the way sometimes, people won't shut the hell up, but other then that the game is really enjoyable. The story is okay could have been better. Fi your sidekick you can say, is very boring she has no personally and she talks like a robot. But the good thing is she not as annoying as the others in the Zelda games. Therefore it does big improvement but does have it's falls. It's still a great Zelda game and needs to be pick up. Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2011
    This game is truly a masterpiece, it goes even farther, by saying that this is the definition of epic. The motion controls are truly excellent. The visuals are beautiful and truly exploit the Wii limited hardware. The orchestrated music is a very good one. The story is fantastic. With being said i can say this game is truly must-have for everyone
  5. Dec 21, 2011
    This game is amazing. Probably the best Zelda game in the series so far, and that's saying a lot. The new crafting system is simple yet fun. The controls add to the experience but the game would be amazing without them as well. The game truly has an epic feeling and it seems every location you go there are secret spots worth checking out. One minor gripe is that it takes a little long toThis game is amazing. Probably the best Zelda game in the series so far, and that's saying a lot. The new crafting system is simple yet fun. The controls add to the experience but the game would be amazing without them as well. The game truly has an epic feeling and it seems every location you go there are secret spots worth checking out. One minor gripe is that it takes a little long to get going out of the gate, but once it does it is completely addicting. Expand
  6. Dec 22, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played, outstanding story, gameplay, presentation, controls, puzzles, music, everything!!!!!!!!!!!
    The game is also very long, my playthrough took about 45 hours while completing about half the side quests.
    If you don't have a Wii, go out and get one just for this game. And if you do have one, why aren't you playing this game now?!?!
  7. Dec 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome. The story is well narrated actually closing in gaps left by other Zelda games before. This is the beginning of everything and as such it is a brilliantly narrated and very well polished. After I finished the game I felt as if I had grown stronger as Link did and got really into the whole story. I loved the game and would definitely classify it as one of the best Zelda games made so far. It's truly a master piece and Nintendo truly outdid themselves. Expand
  8. Dec 23, 2011
    An incredible addition to the Zelda series!

An incredible addition to the Zelda series!

This game really shakes up the old-school layout of the series; for some, this is a bad thing, but I loved it. Essentially, the 'overworld' areas have been done away with; this means that any new area you're going to explore is one riddled with puzzles and monsters. After you've gotten familiar with the layout of the area and you've scoured its nooks and crannies for keys, it seems to open up, allowing you to traverse easily through without having to run through the same puzzles again and again. This change to Zelda not only stretches out the adventure (I beat it in 35 hours at a quick pace), but it makes it more enjoyable as well.

Another improvement is the number of sidequests. Certainly there are more than Twilight Princess, but there aren't nearly enough as I would have liked; in total, there are about 15 or so. These sidequests are often fetch quests, but they're hardly annoying; and after all, everyone knows they're just filler, to establish something to do between dungeons. I enjoyed it, but there could have been more.

One sidequest done very well was the scrap shop in the Bazaar; it wasn't quite a sidequest, but it was definitely optional. Essentially, you collect monster spoils from your adventures, give it to the mechanic, and he'll upgrade your equipment with the raw materials for some cash. You can upgrade nearly all your tools and weapons, increasing durability, power, range, capacity, etc. Overall, a really fantastic aspect to this game.

There's also a wide variety of bugs (for catching) in addition to spoils, and they can be used to enhance potions and increase their potency; it's a nice addition, but it's not quite as impressively relevant as upgrading weapons. Bugs can also be sold to some creep in the Knight Academy, but again, they're not as great as spoils.

Next, graphics; some may call them childish, but I adored them. The detail is amazing, particularly when soil sifts in with grass, like on the edge of a dirt path. Also, the interior of houses is beautiful, with plenty of geometry spread over the desks. I did not, however, like the faces particularly; in some scenes, the shadings all weird, and Link just looks strange. Sometimes text is blurry, especially when its bolded in red. Overall, Nintendo did the best they could do with the Wii's graphical power, and it really is beautiful.

The plot in this game is good, too, but it's nothing special; Fi is on par with Navi and previous helpers, but neither compare to Midna from Twilight Princess. There are some very touching moments between Link and Zelda, but even so, the plot passes but doesn't seem to stand out anywhere.

Finally, controls; these take a bit of getting used to, but after the first area you'll have broken them in and you'll really be getting into the Wii Motion Plus. It works very well, contrary to what others might say, and I love the way its implemented into the gameplay. For those who didn't know, the basic combat mechanics in 3D Zeldas (Z-targeting) are still intact, and they work great. I don't miss button-based swordplay. Nintendo said in a recent interview that they would be using motion controls in the next Zelda, so longtime Zelda fans might want to get used to them, because they might not be going away.

Overall, Zelda: Skyward Sword is an epic, beautiful game with fantastic (10 / 10) gameplay. It doesn't quite excel plot-wise (8 / 10), but it definitely gets by. Graphics are beautiful (9 / 10), but nothing HD couldn't help. Controls, tied in very much so with gameplay, are the best yet (10 / 10). Sidequests are very nice, particularly upgrading equipment, but could be better (8 / 10). In conclusion, I'm going to have to say this is an epic game and deserves plenty of attention; 9 / 10.
  9. Nov 11, 2012
    THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!! Ya wanna know why cuz this game has a really good soundtrack, comedy, drama, action to make a videogame cake! I personally love this game it changed my life it got me all fluffy inside when i play it, it made me feel like i can do anything that is why my friends this game is a perfect 10.
  10. Sep 5, 2012
    Excellent story and characters, the items are very good too, there is no item that you stop using throughout the game. And the controls are simply amazing, it is 100% accurate and is probably going to shape future games!
  11. May 23, 2012
    so many things were changed, and upgraded in this game, i love the story, BUT. why it didn't get a perfect score, the controls are a pain sometimes. now not complaining i love the challenge of actually controlling a sword to kill your foes. unfortunately its very upsetting sometimes when it doesn't do what you wanted it to do
  12. Feb 11, 2012
    Oh and stop **** about the damn controls... You **** are probably just swinging your Wiimotes wildly like jackass 4 yr olds... Take your time and play like you are actually holding a sword. The realness of gameplay is there if you do this. People can not even swing a full size sword like you can with a controller. Why is Link any different??
  13. Nov 29, 2011
    This is a very good game but it isnt perfect like so many people are saying. Ive played every Zelda game before this one and I would put this one third in the series (behind OT and MM which are as close to perfect as any games ever been) mainly because of a couple irks I have with it. The motion control takes time to learn but once I figured out to swing my whole arm and not just flick itThis is a very good game but it isnt perfect like so many people are saying. Ive played every Zelda game before this one and I would put this one third in the series (behind OT and MM which are as close to perfect as any games ever been) mainly because of a couple irks I have with it. The motion control takes time to learn but once I figured out to swing my whole arm and not just flick it like in TP it worked fine. Dungeon design in this game is by far the best of the series and a couple of the boss fights will leave your jaw dropped (Bhudda / Final boss). Now my irks, which are small compared to what this game does right but there nontheless. The story is fine, it was just too predictable. This ones probably my fault and no fault of the game but I guessed the "twist" in the game and the ending scene before they happened, so it kinda made me feel empty when they happened with nothing else. The biggest problem I had was with the music and let me clarify this, the music was different in that it was all orchestral but in doing so there were no new original tracks that really caught my attention and actually took away from the atmosphere of the game. It was too cheery, all the time (even during the boss fights). I actually believe that if they had original NON ORCHESTRAL scores and side quests as vast as MM then this would have been a perfect game, but alas not. Overall though very good Zelda experiance and definately one of the top games in the series, just not perfect yet. Expand
  14. May 31, 2012
    Overall a enjoyable and long game, any Nintendo, Zelda and Adventure fan will want to get this game instantly. You will not regret it, not only will the game offer a long playtime but also a enjoyable adventure, enjoyable music, enjoyable gameplay as well. Only downside is you would have to buy a Wii Motion Plus control but that should not be a problem as they are either cheap or mostOverall a enjoyable and long game, any Nintendo, Zelda and Adventure fan will want to get this game instantly. You will not regret it, not only will the game offer a long playtime but also a enjoyable adventure, enjoyable music, enjoyable gameplay as well. Only downside is you would have to buy a Wii Motion Plus control but that should not be a problem as they are either cheap or most players should already have one available at this point of the Wii's life. Expand
  15. Feb 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know many people will complain about this game. And i admit, more than any other game i've played, its not for everyone. But, it is the best game i have ever played in my life. It hits so many great spots in the story, gameplay, graphics, characters, dungeons, items, and so many other catagories that its hard not to appriciate everything you see. People might look at this game and think "oh the graphics are horrible and look kiddy, this can't be a good Zelda game". Well the graphics dont make the game first of all, and second, this is the most dark Zelda story that I've played (besides Majora). While Twilight Princess tried to hard to be Dark, this one just IS. The main antagonist made me check the rating a couple of times, and when a character basically goes through hell only to watch his goal get imprisioned infront of him, its a very emotional experience. The best game on the Wii? Hell yes. The best Zelda game? Hell yes. The best game ever made? Hell frieking yes. Expand
  16. Dec 16, 2011
    This game rocks. Zelda never disappoints me. I had a great time figuring out puzzles and leveling up my items to help me. Never a dull moment here. Blah Blah Blah Blah. Awesome. Ble bleed blee.
  17. Dec 15, 2011
    sin duda un zelda q desta entre los demas es mucho mas emotivo y expresivo en lo que es la personalidad de los personajes , una gran historia y un control mas que satisfactorio y q le agrega muchas funcionalidades al juego ademas de hacerlo mas entretenido
  18. Dec 18, 2011
    The long 5 year wait has finally come to an end and we finally have our hands on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I begin this review by stating that even if it took twenty years longer it would still be worth the wait. Sometimes it feels the wii was built so we could play this game, this game alone proves that motion controls are the way of the future, that nintendo was right. The 1 toThe long 5 year wait has finally come to an end and we finally have our hands on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I begin this review by stating that even if it took twenty years longer it would still be worth the wait. Sometimes it feels the wii was built so we could play this game, this game alone proves that motion controls are the way of the future, that nintendo was right. The 1 to 1 combat is just flawless, the enemies are challenging and require some thinking to defeat. And speaking of thinking the dungeons have the best puzzles the whole series has to offer, heck the entire game is the best the whole series has to offer. The story is fantastic, with unimaginable twists. By far the best wii game, the best zelda game, the best game ever to date. Expand
  19. Oct 29, 2012
    Easily the best Zelda since Majora's Mask and the biggest leap forward in modern gaming since Ocarina of Time. The controls are flawless, the combat is fluent, the puzzle-solving is top-notch, and the music is easily the best in the franchise. Any Wii owner would be a fool to miss out on this work of art. Truly a masterpiece.
  20. Jan 12, 2012
    This game was AMAZING! I just finished it and I have to say it was something new. For those of you saying it needs something new WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??? The game has changed all the controls and the way the game works in a completely new manner. It's the same great epic story served on a different plate amazing music amazing new tools JUST FUN.
  21. Jan 29, 2012
    Uno de los mejores Zeldas en la historia. la historia es un poco lenta y tarda en ponerte en contexto pero una vez que llegas al punto te das cuenta de lo genial que es. altamente recomendable para los fans. y para los pobres diablos que le ponen 0 solo les puedo decir regresen a los COD que son los unicos que estan a la altura de sus miseros intelectos!
  22. Jan 29, 2012
    This game is a masterpiece. I really can't say one bad thing about this game. This game presents itself in a stunning way, with an easily accessible menu, the upgrade system, the graphics, sound, EVERYTHING. The game has a strong appeal, making you eager to continue the game. What I mean by this is the game is always switching things up. Another thing that astounded me was the graphics. IThis game is a masterpiece. I really can't say one bad thing about this game. This game presents itself in a stunning way, with an easily accessible menu, the upgrade system, the graphics, sound, EVERYTHING. The game has a strong appeal, making you eager to continue the game. What I mean by this is the game is always switching things up. Another thing that astounded me was the graphics. I wasn't really proud of the graphics at first, but trust me, as you progress through the game, you'll fall in love. It's a bit of a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and it proves that games don't need to be HD, 1080p to look good. The Wii Motion Plus works excellent as well. I'm not a big fan of motion controls, which leads to my only complaint (you have to calibrate the controller once in a while), but after playing this game, I don't know if I want the new Zelda to drop motion controls.
    About the graphics, the art style really works well. It fits the mood of the game, and to be honest, it's something that makes me want to replay the game. The gameplay is also great. The combat is much improved, so now you have to swing in different directions, actually have to use your shield in some cases, potions, etc. This game is quite challenging sometimes (compared to the other Zelda games). The upgrade system is pretty cool, although isn't a huge deal. You can upgrade almost any item (for instance, the beetle, you can upgrade it so it has a speed boost) or you can upgrade potions to make them stronger, or have more uses. The exploration is also fun, as throughout the game, you will find Goddess Cubes which you hit with a skyward strike, which unlocks a treasure chest in the sky. There are some sidequests, some of which are not all that fun, while others are a blast. This game lasted me about 52 hours (including all side quests, goddess cubes, etc.). There is even a boss battle mode and a Hero Mode (similar to the master quest in OoT) when you complete the game. As I said in the beginning, this game is a masterpiece. Character development is excellent, story is amazing, and all the other little things that add up with the game. I never thought that Majora's Mask would be placed 2nd out of all my favorite games, but this game definitely deserves the crown. I know this review might seem a little bias, but I honestly can't say anything bad about the game (except having to recalibrate your controller sometimes).
  23. Feb 13, 2012
    By no means this is the best Zelda game ever, for me Majoras Mask, TP and Wind Waker were far better . I believe that Skyward Sword was made so that they could show the limits of the wii motion plus controller. I played 30 hours of it and i could have never imagined that you could use the controller in so many different ways. I would say however that this is good but bad as well, it getsBy no means this is the best Zelda game ever, for me Majoras Mask, TP and Wind Waker were far better . I believe that Skyward Sword was made so that they could show the limits of the wii motion plus controller. I played 30 hours of it and i could have never imagined that you could use the controller in so many different ways. I would say however that this is good but bad as well, it gets too tiresome in sometimes but nothing that you couldnt bear it. Well, the story is fairly good, i very much appreciate it and enjoyed and made me remember how fantastically a story of a game can be. The sound is good, but zelda standards in this category is too high, so in general was good but you wish it could have been slightly better. the graphics were okay, nothing special but nothing bizarre. Im a huge fan of the zelda franchise so despicte some flaws in this game I really enjoyed overall, my final score would be an 8.5 Expand
  24. Feb 23, 2012
    One of the best games I have ever played. Nintendo have managed to correct every mistake in the past Zelda games and have created the best game on the Wii.
    The controls do exactly as I do, at the same time as me. Anyone with control lag or the controller not working, there are malfunctions in your MotionPlus. It works perfectly for me, with only a few mistakes when trying to fly upwards on the Loftwing.
    The art style, which would be an oil pastel/cartoony style, works with the Wii's poor graphical content, and looks like an early Xbox 360/PS3 game.
    The story is amazing, and I became imersed in it. How Nintendo managed to make the same old 'the princess is captured, go save her' into an amazing story, totally different from any other Zelda game, is unknown to me.
    The gameplay is amazing, and makes, yet again, a sucessful puzzle/action game.
    The additions of an upgrade system can be helpful, but brings along the age old monotonous sidequest of "find 5 of X and 2 of X".
    This game took me about 40 hours to finish the main quest, and I find that amazing how they can manage to keep a sucessful story running for that long, and how the puzzles can be more vexing than ever. The sidequests and upgrading everything kept me going for about 15-20 more hours.
    I can only find two tiny little faults with this amazing game, which I mentioned before, which was the monotonous sidequest of finding random items, and the little slip up in flying.
    This game is the only game, other than Fallout 3, which has made me say 'wow' outloud, countless times throughout. A must buy if you own a Wii. If you don't buy it for the simple reason of it being on the Wii, then you are missing out on an breathtaking experience.
  25. Mar 16, 2012
    I loved this game!!! Its use of the Wii motion plus controller fits, and i feel that it certainly lives up to the long legacy before it. In fact, i found the improvements quite satisfying, because instead of simply whacking your enemy as in old games, you are supposed to strategize where, when, and how to hit your enemy to find their weakness. Many enemies even fight off your attacks byI loved this game!!! Its use of the Wii motion plus controller fits, and i feel that it certainly lives up to the long legacy before it. In fact, i found the improvements quite satisfying, because instead of simply whacking your enemy as in old games, you are supposed to strategize where, when, and how to hit your enemy to find their weakness. Many enemies even fight off your attacks by being able to anticipate your next strike and defend against it, causing the game to be far more engrossing than many of its predecessors. This game does, however, take TIME to complete, though you will seldom be board due to a nice number of side quests. The only reason it did not score a perfect 10 with me is because it is slightly repetitive, but all in all the many places to explore were spell bounding, and did not reek of the same desperate darkness found in twilight princess. For me, this game can even be in the running with Ocarina of time (yes, i went there.) and certainly stands above all earlier Zelda games when it comes to animation. I recommend this game to ANY Zelda lover, or any gamer at all who is looking for a fantastic purchase. Expand
  26. Mar 23, 2012
    Perfect, beautiful art direction. The music was amazing, and the controls were tight (once you got used to them). This game beat out ALTTP as my fav Zelda game of all time, and that means something. Good job Nintendo! This, is why I love you guys. :)
  27. Jul 12, 2012
    While I don't agree with everyone here, I'd have to say that this entry in the series, is probably the most fun I've had with the series. A deep, and twisting story filled with multiple puzzles and wii gimmicks that aren't terrible (at least in my opinion). Clearly, the motion controls are not perfect, but are really close to being so, even if they screw up, nintendo added in a "center"While I don't agree with everyone here, I'd have to say that this entry in the series, is probably the most fun I've had with the series. A deep, and twisting story filled with multiple puzzles and wii gimmicks that aren't terrible (at least in my opinion). Clearly, the motion controls are not perfect, but are really close to being so, even if they screw up, nintendo added in a "center" command encase they're not acting correctly. That is an issue, nintendo should've checked to see why the controls didn't center, and it shows a missed spot on this polished gem. The overworld is actually fairly small, but your loftwing(the bird you fly) is slow, and there is no way to speed him up, which is a shame. Those are the only complaints I have, but getting passed them leads to an excellent game that I would consider one of the best. If you're going to get this game, finish it, it's well worth it. Expand
  28. May 19, 2012
    5 years we have waited for this. Was it worth the wait? Yes and no. I've been a fan since OoT and have played every Zelda, so I will compare it to the other titles. I'll brake it down in good and bad aspects. GOOD: +In TP you were like superman, which got boring quickly. In SS it's more of a challenge. +My wallet was rarely full in SS (unlike in TP) and there were always great upgrades to5 years we have waited for this. Was it worth the wait? Yes and no. I've been a fan since OoT and have played every Zelda, so I will compare it to the other titles. I'll brake it down in good and bad aspects. GOOD: +In TP you were like superman, which got boring quickly. In SS it's more of a challenge. +My wallet was rarely full in SS (unlike in TP) and there were always great upgrades to find in treasures or to buy at the shop. It also gave the game a nice RPG element thanks to the upgrades you can do to your already awesome items and weapons. They really nailed the item system. +Another great addition is the new controls. They worked really well and added to the whole experience. BAD: -The music. If this is the first Zelda you've played, you'll like it. But god the music SUCKS compared to OoT, MM and WW. Not one great new Zelda tune here. -lack of exploration. You've got your hub, skyloft and in the sky you can explore some islands. But the vast lands under the sky feel like one big obstacle course. It's a bit like MM, except that there was much more to do in Clocktown than in Skyloft. This all comes down to the fact that in SS there aren't much sidequests and they're also easy too.
    Overall this Zelda finally improved in some aspects but still suffers in others. Still a great game but one of the worst Zelda games out there 9/10
  29. Sep 2, 2013
    This is just one of the best games I have played in my life, the dungeons are amazing and bosses are epic, the story is also pretty good, the characters were great, especially Ghirahim, he was my favorite character of any zelda game, this game is really a must buy
  30. Nov 16, 2012
    Marvelous. It's motion control actually works as if the Wii was only made for this game. There's certainly Nintendo-magic in here. The game-play is clever and tricky, but exciting with a story that keeps you alive. The rewards are extremely satisfying, which motivates you to move on till the game ends. The game might feel like a chore, but that feeling can be covered up by doing missionsMarvelous. It's motion control actually works as if the Wii was only made for this game. There's certainly Nintendo-magic in here. The game-play is clever and tricky, but exciting with a story that keeps you alive. The rewards are extremely satisfying, which motivates you to move on till the game ends. The game might feel like a chore, but that feeling can be covered up by doing missions at the hub, which are usually short and fun. I crown this game a big 'must-have'. Expand
  31. Dec 1, 2012
    Best Zelda ever and I love the beetle and story. In the word of Lord Ghirahim "This is our Thread of Fate."
    Zelda even makes repitition fun. The only con to this game is I want to sword fight on my bird. Overall outstanding motion plus title.
  32. Dec 23, 2012
    Fantastic game really really good, it contains some puzzle elements like in Link to the Past (SNES), and some RPG like the SNES game Secret of Mana had back in the days, with this game the makers combined the best of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Maker/Minish Cap, with a new original story, great colors and the Wii Motion Plus remote that give it another dimension. For me it was fun fromFantastic game really really good, it contains some puzzle elements like in Link to the Past (SNES), and some RPG like the SNES game Secret of Mana had back in the days, with this game the makers combined the best of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Maker/Minish Cap, with a new original story, great colors and the Wii Motion Plus remote that give it another dimension. For me it was fun from since I started. Personally I wasn't to happy with Twilight Princess but this game is 100% up my street. This is the game that you can't stop playing until you finish it. :-P Expand
  33. Mar 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. Great design and art style. Working motion control. Memorable characters. Great upgrade system. Great interface. WONDERFUL STORY. Though, I wish the game had dungeons in the sky over world. Though they fit a lot of content into a fairly linear surface world. My favorite game of all time though. A must buy on the wii.
  34. Sep 2, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. This game gets far too much hate. I loved almost every second of it. Its only been two years since its release and I already feel nostalgic towards it.
  35. Apr 11, 2013
    Skyward swords has a lot of good points but also a few bad points. lets start off with the good.

The first thing that is brilliant with SS are the characters. Legend of Zelda has never had such a lovable cast. Even the robotic Fi will be pulling at your heart strings by the end of the game. Zelda has never been so likeable. She is full of personality and I actually cared much more about saving her.

The next great thing about it, is the story. Nintendo wisely chose to tell the true origin story of Zelda and why you are in the position you are in. You truly feel like this important character, and it drives you to play the game to your full potential. The story is only made better by the brilliant cast

The next thing that is wonderful in SS is the graphics and the sound. The mix of wind wakers cell shadedness and twilight princess mature world, gives Skyward sword an identity that can truly be known as the best look for Legend of Zelda. The music n the game is also the best it has ever been, mainly because it is fully orchestrated and the new themes fit perfectly within the context of the story and characters. "Fi's farewell" is my favourite track.

Now for the bad aspect. the structure of game play. Due to the limitations of the Wii Nintendo has created a world made up of four large areas. They are all wonderful locations and Nintendo should be commended for crafting such a brilliant world. The issue is you will be travelling back and forth so much between these locations that they get quite dull

Overall Skyward sword has become my favourite Legend of Zelda game, and one of my favourite games ever. Nintendo has created something truly special. I give it a well deserved 9 out of 10
  36. Aug 8, 2013
    Skyward Sword is a fantastic game and is without a doubt one of the best Zelda games. Nintendo focused on three things for this game, motion control, story, and making an all around solid game. They definitely succeeded in all three. The story takes place at the beginning of the timeline and it shows. There is no ganon and no hyrule. Instead the villain is the amazing girahim and theSkyward Sword is a fantastic game and is without a doubt one of the best Zelda games. Nintendo focused on three things for this game, motion control, story, and making an all around solid game. They definitely succeeded in all three. The story takes place at the beginning of the timeline and it shows. There is no ganon and no hyrule. Instead the villain is the amazing girahim and the setting is skyloft. What makes the story are the characters, specifically girahim and Zelda. Girahim is both creepy and entertaining, the final battle with him really shows this. Zelda is now Links friend prior to here capture, because of this the player genuinely wants to save her. The gameplay is very motion control heavy but in a good way. Everything from swinging your sword to flying your beetle feels fluid and rarely off. By the end of it, you will never want to go back to regular controls. The graphics in this game take the best of wind waker and twilight princess to create a beautiful game. Overall, Skyward Sword is one of the best games on Wii, one of the best Zelda games, and perhaps the best game of 2011. Expand
  37. Aug 12, 2013
    This game is obviously the best game play Zelda ever. The ability to move your sword in the exact angle gets no better than this. When I saw it for first time and play on my friend's wii and I was satisfied playing it that I actually bought a wii just to play this game. Its a must have because every single detail of what the game represents does it in a excellent way.
  38. Oct 28, 2014
    Don't listen to bad reviews, they're just pissed because of the motion controls and more linear structure, but that doesn't make this game any less a Zelda game. The motion controls work great, and the story, while not the strongest in the series, it's quite good. Same with the music, it's great.

Going into the stuff this game does right, there are the dungeons; this game has easily the strongest set of dungeons in the series and the bosses are as good as Ocarina's and Twilight's. It also has the best characters and character development, with a Zelda that you actually care about. The game is colorful and it's one of the best looking games on the Wii. One worry I had was that it would overuse the motion controls like most Wii games, thankfully it doesn't.

Now, for what the game did wrong, it feels kind of linear because you go back to the first three areas twice, the difference each time you go back is that you explore new regions. People use this as an excuse to say that it's linear, but it's just an illusion. The other major thing I have issues with is Fi, she is by far worse than Navi. This are all just little complaints that don't really affect much the experience.

This is a must play if you have a Wii, and remember, don't listen to the bad reviews.
  39. May 19, 2015
    This is hands down my favorite Zelda game of all time. This game looks fantastic with it looking like a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The controls were great too with the Wii Motion Plus and it really makes me feel like I'm wielding the Master Sword. This game has really brilliant dungeons and for once, the Water Temple doesn't suck! My favorite part of this game is the storyThis is hands down my favorite Zelda game of all time. This game looks fantastic with it looking like a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The controls were great too with the Wii Motion Plus and it really makes me feel like I'm wielding the Master Sword. This game has really brilliant dungeons and for once, the Water Temple doesn't suck! My favorite part of this game is the story and character development. This game has an incredibly compelling plot and it would still feel like a Zelda game all the way through. When it comes to character development, you actually have a reason to save Zelda, other than her just being the damsel in distress or something. If I can describe this game in one word, it would be "Masterpiece". This was a perfectly fitting game to come out in the franchise's 25th anniversary. Expand
  40. Nov 20, 2011
    I have been playing this game for about 35+ hours now and i can say without a doubt this is the best game of the year, one of the best games of this generation and one of if not the best Zelda games.
  41. Nov 20, 2011
    Right. So I'm kind of a big zelda fanboy and I've grown up with the franchise since Ocarina of Time. I have to say that Skyward sword and Twilight Princess are my second and third favorite games of the series. I would give this game a 10 for it's so-far excellent story, but there is one thing that kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I usually pay attention to the plots of the game ratherRight. So I'm kind of a big zelda fanboy and I've grown up with the franchise since Ocarina of Time. I have to say that Skyward sword and Twilight Princess are my second and third favorite games of the series. I would give this game a 10 for it's so-far excellent story, but there is one thing that kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I usually pay attention to the plots of the game rather than it's controls, but the wii motion controls for Skyward sword really iritathttp://i.imgur.com/5uTTP.pnges me. Like it really really /really/ irritates me. I've gone through the first temple today and I don't think I've ever raged like that over a video games controls before. I'm not sure if it's the console's or the game's fault, but in my personal opinion I just think that the wii motion controls for this game are just terrible. I honestly wished they had an option to pick whether you want to play with the standard joystick or use the motion sensors, because I would have picked the joystick in a heartbeat. But I guess you just have to make due with what you got. Maybe some people have had the same problems, maybe others don't have an issue with the controls at all. This is just from my perspective. As far as the graphics go. It's the same as Twilight Princess, which isn't really a bad thing at all. Unless cartoonish nintendo graphics bug you. So if I wanted to rate the game's story, controls/gameplay, and graphics in that order I would rate:

Story- 10 ( =D )
    Controls/Gameplay- 4 ( =/ )
    Graphics- 8 ( =) )

All in all, if your a zelda fan you should definitely get this game. I've really enjoyed it so far.
  42. Nov 21, 2011
    A Different, but still very good Zelda Game. I now play for 21 hours and the game is definitely a masterpiece. There are incorporated so many small elements that it is unique in its kind but I like the look, it fits Zelda and the game looks like a walking painting. As always, everything has a purpose and use in Zelda. The puzzles are great made â
  43. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect control's, brilliant story, unique gameplay and a fantastic story come together to create a masterpiece. If you own a Wii, you have no reason NOT to own this!
  44. Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us aI don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us a masterpiece. Haters stop hating, laggers get a better Wii because yours is broken, but don't take anything away from the game because of your **** hardware. Expand
  45. Nov 20, 2011
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system. Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI Story-driven campaign Upgrading/crafting system. What is preserved from earlier installments: Enemy types Dungeon exploration and puzzles. Auto-jump Item types Protagonists Other common themes from previous titles. Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music. Criticisms:
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system.
    Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI
    Story-driven campaign
    Upgrading/crafting system.

What is preserved from earlier installments:
    Enemy types
    Dungeon exploration and puzzles.
    Auto-jump
    Item types
    Protagonists
    Other common themes from previous titles.

Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music.
    Criticisms: Controls at times, too precise. Over-world movement. Overall: 9. An improved installment in a classic series.
  46. Nov 21, 2011
    great game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is alwaysgreat game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is always hitting B to equipped the item that alrealy set on B. once it's set it should be set. also B should use the item instead of hitting B then A to shoot. but still a great game my fav is majora's mask then a tie between this and twilight princess. Expand
  47. Nov 20, 2011
    Buy this game, dont trust negative reviews...you will enjoy it for sure!
    Game Spot fell on my concept! GAME OF THE YEAR! Xbox and playstation should make games like this, no graphics based and extremely fun!
  48. Nov 20, 2011
    First of all, this is truly one of the best Zelda games ever made. Yes, the controls may be unresponsive at sometimes but it takes the Wii capabilities to the max. This game offers a great story line, great graphics for the Wii, and some most memorable moments in Zelda history. People need to quit complaining and comparing this game to games like CoD, Assassin's creed, Uncharted, orFirst of all, this is truly one of the best Zelda games ever made. Yes, the controls may be unresponsive at sometimes but it takes the Wii capabilities to the max. This game offers a great story line, great graphics for the Wii, and some most memorable moments in Zelda history. People need to quit complaining and comparing this game to games like CoD, Assassin's creed, Uncharted, or whatever. This is a Zelda game. Not something remotely close to any of the other games. True Zelda fans will add this at the top of their list along side Ocarina of time and Twilight Princess. I give it a 10 all around. Expand
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this game! The best Zelda game in history! The motion controls couldn't have been more perfect then they are now. The story is engaging and the music is top notch. Buy this ASAP!
  50. Nov 21, 2011
    The intention of this review is to counter the obscene number of haters who rated the game 0 but didn't write up a review. Fanboism is despicable. I'm all for freedom of speech, but there's no denying the fact that you are a coward and a disgrace to your family and humanity if you leave a 0 score and don't have the balls to attach your handle and explain yourself.
  51. Nov 25, 2011
    To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles.To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles. That being said, I'm glad I never got rid of my wii. I'm about 7 hours into skyward sword and I have totally fallen in love with it. It feels like you are playing through one of Disney's better animated films. The game starts off a little slow in skyloft but about 2 hours into it, it becomes one hell of ride. I'm having a great deal of fun with the motion controls and the over all level design. The small tweaks like upgradeable weapons and armor, limited inventory, and stamina may alienate a few hardcore zelda fans but, I personally feel this adds a whole new dept and challenge to the zelda formula. Having to watch enemy movement and using precise sword strikes is so much more fun than I thought it would be. I guess my only few small gripes with this game so far is the lack of voice acting, and the fact that I can't really be relaxed while playing it. Your movements have to be broad sometimes so its not something you can just sit back and play. I also think the soundtrack is a bit underwhelming. Especially since its from the team that gave us the fantastic music for Super Mario Galaxy. Last is the visuals. I know its a wii game and I honestly love the watercolor look but, on my 46'' LCD tv it can look a little ugly up close. Good graphics don't make a game though, its the story, game play, and overall immersion that does. Zelda delivers this by the buckets. So to all the haters, go back and play your bland and boring call of dutys and gears of war. To any TRUE unbiased gamer who wants to experience something truly unique and innovating, pick up Skyward Sword and you wont regret it. Expand
  52. Nov 22, 2011
    Let me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion controlLet me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion control at such a high standard.

Most of the low reviews are trolling, "no voice-acting? wtf Nintendo?" obviously the people who said that have never played a Zelda game before, otherwise they'd realise there's never been and never will be voice acting. 'the book is better than the movie'. Also, anyone saying the controls are slow or inaccurate are either doing it wrong or their Wiimote is up the creek. (or they're lying).

The game is extremely lengthy, taking roughly 40 hours if you're quick at solving the puzzles. And then you still have tons of extra content, including "hero mode". The game kept feeling fun and enjoyable throughout these many hours, gameplay was constantly changing and many surprises happened.

Music is beautiful, graphics are beautiful, side characters are the most memorable in the series (I got attached to almost every single character)/ Level design is absolutely genius.

------DETAILS ABOUT HERO MODE (Do not read below if you don't want to know about Hero Mode)-----

Hero Mode is unlocked on completion of the game's main story, Hero Mode gives you the game again, but enemies do double damage. If it wasn't already hard enough, there's now no such thing as hearts to restore your health. Pots, Plants, Monsters, nothing drops hearts, not even in the boss chamber.

The only way to heal is by potions or sleeping. Sleeping cannot be done on the surface, so you'll have to rely on potions as the only way to get your hearts back.

This is truly challenging, even for the most experienced Zelda veterans like myself.

Great Game 10/10
  53. Nov 24, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, the academy is run by Gaepora, Zelda's father. Since they were children, Link and Zelda are like "best friends". After a festival that occurs in Skyloft to determine who would be the new knight, Link and Zelda are going for a "walk" with his Loftwings (birds that they use to fly near Skyloft), when a black tornado captures Zelda. During the evening of the day, Link meets Fi says that his destiny is to go after Zelda and rid the world of evil. At first look the same repeat of the other games, but as always, Nintendo manages to surprise the player, bringing surprises and twists in the story. The beginning of the game, besides a tutorial introduces the player brilliantly to the story, the way the game tells the story shows Skyward Sword in all its depth to the player, leaving him stranded and wondering how Link will complete your mission. Skyward Sword brings one of the most beautiful visuals ever seen on Nintendo Wii. Its look "cel-shaded" animated brings incredible charisma to the characters, the landscape when seen from afar looks like incredible impressionist paintings. Nintendo knew how to work brilliantly with the Wii hardware, everything is beautiful in Skyward Sword: Skyloft, Volcano Eldin, Faron Woods, among others Lanayru Desert, every second of the game visually amazing eh within the limitations of the Wii. Skyward Sword was made to be played entirely with the Wiimotion Plus, from small things like balancing on a rope to fly with your Loftwing, everything in the game is based on the movement of control but never think of it as something bad, the controls in Skyward Sword work phenomenally well and respond to commands from the player. All items are based on their movements, even the bombs, which you can decide whether to roll on the floor like a bowling ball or throwing her hands. The bow and arrow work just like in Wii Sports Resort, you move the slider like the Nunchuk as a bow and arrow, all items use the movements in any way and even those who do not like motion controls feel "satisfied "with them. The songs are epic in Skyward Sword, help the player to get so incredible in the environment generated by the game, making him feel more and more into the scenario in which this link. The game has roughly 30 hours, after passing through forests, mountains, lakes, deserts and temples there are still many quests to be done, besides the Hero Mode, which is unlocked after finishing the game, the enemies take it twice damage and no hearts in the woods, making the replay much more challenging. Conclusion: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a milestone in the series, not only the best Zelda, but also the best game of the Wii and one of the best of the current generation. Expand
  54. Nov 23, 2011
    Well worth the wait, Skyword sword won't disappoint. The progression of difficulty for the puzzles is fantastic as ever. Props to Nintendo. Wii motion + makes everything feel fresh.

It's like an updated, expanded, inbred baby between windwaker and twilight princess. Depending on how it ends.... it could be better than Ocarina of Time, Just saying
  55. Nov 24, 2011
    The game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely ifThe game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely if the game isn't for you, there is no reason to call it a bad game.. Expand
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    1 word...........said multiple times.....

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
  57. Nov 22, 2011
    I haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my handI haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my hand doesn't go far enough to the right to do a slice, and it ends up not slicing at all.

The antagonist looks gay and stupid, but still does a good job at being the villain, although a more masculine character would've been better. The storyline isn't the best so far, either. You're just trying to stop the villain.

The game also feels a bit linear, and there isn't a whole lot to explore. You're restricted to running around in a pretty small area as opposed to Twilight Princess where you had a huge area to explore. There are pretty much no people or shops on the ground, either. The only people you can talk to properly are in the sky, making the ground a boring place where you're pretty much restricted to following the storyline.

Fi (your helper) is the most boring character ever. She doesn't have any characteristics at all. She just so... straight. Midna had a personality which made her a loveable character, while Fi doesn't have any personality at all and functions pretty much like a robot. She's nothing to hate, but nothing to like either.

The ability to run is a well needed one. Good work, big N.

The soundtrack isn't very good so far. There are absolutely no masterpieces. Really disappointing for a franchise that has delivered quality soundtracks for 25 years. Theme flying-theme is my favorite piece so far, even though it doesn't really sound all that adventurous and reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy 2. Maybe that's because it's orchestrated, but it still does.

The flying is fun for the first hour or so. After that it gets repetitive and boring. There is nothing to see except floating islands with maybe a treasure chest on them or something uninteresting. Absolutely boring, and you have to use the Loftwing every time you want to go somewhere. In Twilight Princess you could just warp to different places where you'd been. In Skyward Sword you have to save at a bird statue to get that warp point, and you still have to fly your bird to it.

On the topic of bird statues - what a load of **** If there's one thing I hate in a video game it's not being able to save whenever you want to. I was in the middle of one of the spiritual training-things when I had to leave. It was either turn the Wii off, lose progress, or let it be on for the rest of the night. Power-consuming and irritating. Why Nintendo, WHY!?! Fair enough, you have to use them to get yourself back above the clouds, but why not just call Fi and let her do it?

The shield system is ass. The iron shield breaks after a couple of hits, and you don't get the Hylian shield until way later in the game. Why not save us the trouble of having to go back to Skyloft whenever the shield gets destroyed? The shield is so necessary during certain boss fights that you have to leave the dungeon and come back.

On the topic of bosses - some are fun and challenging, others just annoying. Due to the graphical style in the game, you can't make the bosses nearly as fierce as they were in Twilight Princess. Instead you have to deal with some bosses that just look stupid, and not scary. Even Ocarina of Time, with all it's polygons had scarier bosses. And that's saying something.

The graphical style was a major disappointment when I first saw the game at E3. I felt that it would limit the game, and it does. The game does look good, but it doesn't make the experience as good as it could've been with a darker style. Everything would look more "badass". Bokoblins looks like something a two year old has drawn. Same for the fifth temple boss. As a 17-year old I do of course enjoy more realistic enemies. Nintendo wants to reach out to a wider audience, of course, but for long time Zelda-fans it's disappointing.

All in all it's a good game and a nice addition to the franchise, however it has its flaws. Really not a whole lot innovative other than the new controls. The story isn't spectacular so far and it's not a whole lot new. It could've had a lot more done to it and a bit more polish, but it's a good game which will provide you with a lot of fun for a good amount of time. It was a tough decision to decide between 8 and 9, but it gets a 9. The annoyances and soundtrack pulls it down from a perfect 10.
  58. Nov 22, 2011
    People who complain this Zelda isn't Zelda should have played more Zelda games besides Ocarina of time or Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword goes back to it's A Link to the past, Link's awakening roots with more influence of Windwaker, The minish cap, The Oracles series. Looking at the limitation of the Wii graphics, this game really nails it with it's amazing artstyle. The bright colorsPeople who complain this Zelda isn't Zelda should have played more Zelda games besides Ocarina of time or Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword goes back to it's A Link to the past, Link's awakening roots with more influence of Windwaker, The minish cap, The Oracles series. Looking at the limitation of the Wii graphics, this game really nails it with it's amazing artstyle. The bright colors work well for a Zelda game, something I missed from the previous console title Twilight Princess. Overal this game is the best Zelda to date. For me it's a title that has finally beaten Ocarina of time from it's trone. Expand
  59. Nov 22, 2011
    this game IS perfect, i am over 20 hours in and STILL not done, the game plays, controls, and looks amazing. the music is simply beautiful, its impossible to say any negatives. all i can say is, if u give this anything less then a 8 or 9, ur either a troll or u have no taste
  60. Nov 22, 2011
    Beautiful, exciting and, above all, fun! Fighting is great, story is great and the music is magical! Giving this game a 0 or 5 is so childish, get a life, there is so much work involved in this kind of game. Don't give a bad score if you didn't even play this masterpiece.
  61. Nov 23, 2011
    Since Ocarina Of Time, no game has ever brought me the same amount of pleasure and emotions that it brought me at that time. Some say the "Zelda magic" is not in Skyward Sword. I disagree. It is there. In fact I think it is more present than ever before, AND it is a more unique one this time. This game keeps surprising me without end. I had extremely high expectations for this game butSince Ocarina Of Time, no game has ever brought me the same amount of pleasure and emotions that it brought me at that time. Some say the "Zelda magic" is not in Skyward Sword. I disagree. It is there. In fact I think it is more present than ever before, AND it is a more unique one this time. This game keeps surprising me without end. I had extremely high expectations for this game but they kinda disappeared once I started playing the game. It is so different than what I expected. And in a good way. From gameplay, to music, to story, to dungeons and...hell, everything in this game surprises me. Controls works like charm. Believe me when I say the controls work perfectly well, at least for me, they work perfectly well. Just take your time, get used to the controls and everything will go smooth and it is tons of fun. Definitely better than pushing buttons, and I don't say this lightly. I wasn't sure about a lot of stuff in this game. But I decided to jump positively in the game. And it turned out extremely well. This is the first Zelda that I believe outclass every other Zelda in a lots of ways. I've read people saying Skyward Sword graphics are worse than Twilight Princess which is absolutely wrong. The level of detail in SS is so much better than in TP. The art style is different, sure but I think this new art style is probably the most suitable for a Zelda game. Colorful and more pleasant looking than TP which is dark and sort of has a empty feeling to it. But that's just me.

I had a good time with TP but SS... is SO SO SO SO much better. It didn't take long I could already say TP is boring game compared to this one.

But hey I like hating on TP because it's my least favorite 3D Zelda but I know I shouldn't really. Each Zelda game is its own experience. Its own feeling. And OOT was the best feeling to me. But then, I was a kid back then. And now I feel like this is OOT all over again. But so different, I actually cannot say it is OOT again. It is a SIMILAR feeling, in the sense that I'm constantly smiling at how awesome this game is. The weird thing is that I have some Super Mario 64 feelings sometimes... I am extremely happy that this game is what it is. I'm a Zelda fan so I thought the game would be great but... this is just so different than what I expected. I'm repeating myself but I'm glad I was wrong.

I love this game. I just love it so much. Don't listen to haters. Nintendo isn't dead. This game is the proof. It is an amazing experience. I also play other games such as Skyrim, Batman, etc, so that you know I'm not just a Nintendo fanboy. I am being honest. No one should miss this, not even Nintendo haters. EVERYONE should play this. :)
  62. Nov 23, 2011
    After reading a couple of negative reviews just for the chuckles I have to wonder if they have even played this game at all. Perhaps they are just FPS junkies and graphics whores perturbed that this game took them away from their precious Call of Duty for a while. To give Skyward Sword anything lower than a 7-8 would indicate either a severe bias or lack of understanding as to what makes aAfter reading a couple of negative reviews just for the chuckles I have to wonder if they have even played this game at all. Perhaps they are just FPS junkies and graphics whores perturbed that this game took them away from their precious Call of Duty for a while. To give Skyward Sword anything lower than a 7-8 would indicate either a severe bias or lack of understanding as to what makes a good game.

Skyward Sword is a great game with a compelling story that sucks you right in. The worlds are fun to explore, the controls are some of the best i have ever seen on the Wii and it's all around just a fun game. No, the graphics are not going to blow you away, but they are by no means the worst on the Wii. They are by no means a deal breaker in a game this fun. There are worse games with better graphics, why not waste your time playing those and stop whining about Skyward Sword? Anybody who wants play a fantastic game and give the Wii a proper sendoff owes it to themselves to pick this one up.
  63. Nov 23, 2011
    What are these "games" that you have honored in recent years? The one true sword master chief is back, or rather he has always been there. Matrix, navel and center of gravity of the video game, this new Zelda reference everyone and all claims satellites in orbit. The wind in the sails, at ease.
  64. Nov 23, 2011
    This is the best game on the Wii period. Best Zelda game period. Best game this year? Maybe.
    The graphics are cell shaded :/ but it works well, actually looks alot better than I thought it would. Sword controls take only a couple hours to master, if you dont like them or think they're laggy it's because you suck.
    Lots of cut-scenes, interesting characters really gets you into the

Lots of cut-scenes, interesting characters really gets you into the story.
    Lots of Zelda de-ja vu.

Awesome game all around definitely a must play.
  65. Nov 24, 2011
    It's got a Twilight Princess brain, a Wind Waker heart, and the adventure of Ocarina of Time coursing through its veins, but at its soul is a brand new game, and Nintendo aren't afraid to show it.

Skyward Sword is a game that FEELS right, in every sense of the word. It flows effortlessly and, as the game progresses, immerses the player beautifully into its world. For 35 glorious hours,

For 35 glorious hours, you won't just play a video game - you will become Link, and embark upon your own fantastic adventure, high spirits and sword (Wii remote...) in hand. Never mind the brown/gray/dark brown color-wheel of Call of Duty or Battlefield - the watercolor pallet of Link's latest outing is majestic and, indeed, beautiful. This game simply radiates with character and cheer.

Accompanied by a soaring soundtrack and ingenious, satisfying controls, Skyward Sword sits proudly in the ranks of one of the finest games in the series.

The finest game on Wii. A must-buy.
  66. Nov 24, 2011
    A masterpiece from beginning to end. Possibly the best zelda game to date and definitely the best game on the wii. Even coming into this game with the mindset that it won't be as good as my favourite zelda ( Twilight Princess, deal with it ) it still shined through as my favourite in the series. The motion control is absolutely fantastic and i never want to go back
  67. Nov 24, 2011
    I remember playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger and being in awe, knowing without a doubt that it wouldn't be the only time I played the game, and I was right. I still loved every moment playing the 3ds version when it came out. Since then there hasn't been another Zelda game that had that kind of impact on me, even the ones I've played multiple times were not that same feeling.I remember playing Ocarina of Time when I was younger and being in awe, knowing without a doubt that it wouldn't be the only time I played the game, and I was right. I still loved every moment playing the 3ds version when it came out. Since then there hasn't been another Zelda game that had that kind of impact on me, even the ones I've played multiple times were not that same feeling. Skyward Sword changes that.

This game is a masterpiece. The story is easily the strongest in the series by a long shot. Sure there's no voice acting, but emotion is portrayed more than well enough, the cutscenes are beautifully done, the characters are memorable, and to top it all off, it does a phenomenal job as the first game in the Zelda timeline at explaining the things we've seen in previous titles.

The graphics are not hyper-realistic like seems to be expected these days. Instead, they're a very expressive mix of the realistic and cartoony Zelda styles that have been used throughout the series, and it works beautifully. It copes with the Wii's lack of power by having more distant scenery turn impressionistic, that comes together as you get closer which is actually a pleasing way to handle things. The style itself is beautiful and works great for the game.

Music, well, it's a Zelda game and it's all orchestral, what more do you have to say? Wonderful start to finish.

The gameplay holds up strongly throughout. There were times when controls would hiccup, whether it was accidentally doing a spin attack because I tweaked the nunchuck a bit, or the aim being off using an item and having to hit down on the Dpad to recenter it. However these problems were minor inconveniences, and the second+more common one once rectified also reestablished your viewpoint to centered so if you reacted quick enough it was barely noticeable.

Outside of the hiccups, the motion controls shine as what Wii promised years ago. Sword play is dynamic and fun, and mistakes will often cost you, especially once you start finding enemies equipped with electric weapons(which in true Zelda fashion will take away a heart every time you're blocked). The items all feel natural, and there are some nice additions like the bow charging a shot by holding A, or charging quicker by holding C and pulling back the nunchuck. The addition of being able to roll bombs adds a whole new level of depth, as does being able to carry them remotely.

The items are all well done. Not to mention, they're used from the time you get them until the time you get to the end. If I recall correctly, you get the beetle in the first temple(Skyview) and it was necessary in multiple ways in the final temple of the game. The only thing I didn't like about the items was shield durability, as it's very late in the game when you are finally able to attain a shield that won't break if you block instead of parry with it. However there's a self-repairing shield that holds it's own if you know how to use it until late game, so it's mostly just getting to the point where you can get that.

The dungeon design is some of the best Zelda has ever seen. There are a couple "put this box on this switch" puzzles, but they're very limited in number. I think there was maybe one "light the torches" and it was done in a new way that prevented it from feeling like a stale puzzle. Outside of that there are a lot of new mechanics and new puzzles which are quite interesting, especially when you run into one of the most interesting new elements, the timeshift stones.

Boss fights are some of the best in the series. There are several that I remember puzzling through how to beat them, and the final boss was easily one of the best finales Zelda has ever seen, challenging your mastery of the mechanics and your ability to think on your feet all at once(which most of the new bosses do, but what can I say, I really like the last fight).

Revisiting areas as much as you do is helped along by having new things happen to help keep things feeling fresh. The last trip you make to the Eldin province is unique to the rest of the game and is quite an entertaining journey. There are also a few areas in each province, which you open up and explore as you more items, so even though you've been to the area you may still be going somewhere new.

The silent realms are an interesting diversion, challenging your patience and thought. It's pretty much a fetch quest, but it does give you a break from combat to do something the Zelda series almost never sees: Avoid combat at all costs, and innovate your way to the collection items so as to not get spotted and have to start all over, while on a time limit before the enemies wake up and start chasing.

I'm running out of characters so I'll end there. This game is a masterpiece, and I think may actually beat OOT(tough call there). From start to finish it is easily the best game released for Wii and, in my opinion, easily Game of the Year.
  68. Nov 24, 2011
    From the minute the game starts, to the moment the game ends - Skyward Sword is an adventure of epic proportions that truly delivers on Miyamoto's vision of exploration; one that leaves a lasting impression on any gamer who dares commit to it's lengthy playtime.

Almost everything in this game is polished to perfection, the visuals are often stunning despite their lack of resolution, with a style that seamless combines those of past Zelda games to create something that is truly befitting to the series. Don't let the lack of lighting and bump-mapping fool you, this game looks glorious - it's textures are lovely in their paint-like quality, and some of the character models are brilliant in their simplicity, even by today's standards. The controls, although extremely tight, have their occasional frustrating moments - often needing to be re-centered when aiming with a weapon. Though this slight frustration is a moot point. Motion controls are a revelation, and I simply do not want to go back.

Nintendo has fully unleashed it's creativity with the cut-scenes in this game, offering a truly cinematic quality with nary a word spoken; the camera work in these cut scenes are fantastic, and every cut scene (despite some being a little too lengthy,) manages to shape and mold each of Skyward Swords complex characters even further. Skyward Sword is the gaming achievement since the introduction of 3D worlds. The game-changing controls, along with the charming visuals and polished-to-perfection production values, hold this game so high, it's only fitting destination is Skyward.
  69. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. the graphics are perfectly done: backgrounds, floors, walls simulate beautiful paintings. Controls are perfected, Link will even twist his hand at your command. This game is like one of those dreams that you don't want to wake up. This game is for what Zelda was created, no, this game is for what video games were created! 10/10
  70. Nov 20, 2011
    PERFECT, the motion control is spot-on and this games adds so much more to the zelda-verse, the best zelda to yet and probably one of the best game ever, totally GOTY, fitting for it's 25th anniversary
  71. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazing controls, great artistic direction and an immersive world come together in this masterpiece of a game, if you've been influenced by the naysayers, worry not, this games surpasses all expectations, a definite must play.
  72. Nov 21, 2011
    I gave this game a 10/10 because it definitely deserves it (thus far. i'm about 4 hours into the game). The music is astounding, the colors are amazing, and the story line is just as intriguing as OoT. If the game somehow starts failing as I continue playing, i'll change my review but i don't see that happening. Definitely worth the money and imo, better than TP.
  73. Nov 20, 2011
    Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles,Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles, tons of action, pranks, skydiving, soaring among the clouds, swordfighting and gadgets, as well as challenging memorable and rewarding boss fights this is *definitely* the game for you! If you don't own a wii, borrow or buy a used one, and play this game now! Enjoy the smile on your face after a tense battle! This all what games are about! Expand
  74. Nov 21, 2011
    Best Zelda game so far. Beautiful graphics, great orchestral music and perfect controls. After Skyward Sword you never ever want to play a action-adventure with a game-pad again.

The only disappointment is the missing voice acting.
  75. Nov 26, 2011
    zelda is the best franchise ever existed alongside mario and metroid...... Nintendo are gods, sony and msoft try to compensate this with money and technology but they cant ...............this game is the living proof that nintendo are the best at gamecrafting and overall videogame desing and innovations......... haters go fawk your mother
  76. Nov 23, 2011
    I have not enjoyed a game this much in a very very long time (not since the first Portal in fact). Is it the best Zelda game ever? Well I think it is equal with Ocarina of Time, and that is one of my favourite games of all time, so make of that as you will.
    The controls for the sword are absolutely perfect, and it is so pleasing just to use the sword that I find myself slashing everything in sight...grass, flowers, signs, just to further enjoy the 1:1 motion controls. Its not a perfect game, but nothing is. The motion controils for flying and swimming are a bit superfluous. But when a game is this good, the few minor complaints dont really mean anything. Some people are complaining about the game being pumped full of padding. But most of the padding is optional (the pumpkin collecting etc)...there if you want it, but not necessary to complete the game. The art style is beautiful, and shows what a decent art department can do with limited hardware. I have been a bit disapointed with recent Zeldas (post Majoras mask), but this is classic. If you like Zelda, or escpaism, or puzzles, or epic battles that involve strategy, then you really have to try this game. The first true classic in many years. If you have never really been into Zelda then this is probably not for you.
  77. Nov 23, 2011
    I gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the oldI gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the old zelda games that had so many trap doors and secrets at every corner, had a room that traps you by you ending up in the same room endlessly if you pick the wrong sequence of doors to open. The boss battles are enjoyable due to the wii nunchuck though getting the right camera angle while moving around is still a pain. The story for this game is very kiddish where you wonder how Zelda could move ahead of you so fast going into dungeons, lava filled volcano areas, underwater areas and monster filled areas and coming out unharmed while you have to look tirelessly for dungeon keys and getting the right equipment to progress the game. Maybe Link is the one that needs protecting. I won't knock the game because its story is geared towards kids so I'm giving it a 9 for control innovation, mini-games innovation, dungeon puzzles were a little challenging, mini-games a little challenging. Just wish they made this game more challenging by bigger boss battles, more challenging hidden stuff and areas, less hints, less childish and include the old NES Zelda dungeon music in dungeons. Expand
  78. Nov 21, 2011
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Graphics: is a kind of impressionist style, it's art in motion! you can pause the game and conteplate something amazing. Gameplay: The most innovative Zelda of all, a lot of FUN! you will be the hand of link using the master sword, run and jump as never and of course a lot of rpg options are added. Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda games were you can undertand many thing of the Zelda universe.

Conclusion: a epic game, a legend that gives you 50/100 hrs of FUN!
  79. Nov 26, 2011
    Passed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtrackingPassed the game two days after it came out, and I've been pondering since to whether or not it is better than Oot. I tend to feel it to be blasphemous to question those classic Zelda titles like LTTP, Oot, MM, and the original Zelda, but Skyward Sword did something to trigger that. I think if they made the game just a touch shorter, rather than having some of the unnecessary backtracking particularly in the sequences revolving around the collecting of songs from Eldin Volcano and Faron Woods I would have had no trouble in placing this game above Oot, and even going as far as saying it maybe the greatest 3D game ever made. After Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword has probably been the most unpredictable Zelda, and for that I appreciate it greatly. Often times you find yourself suspiciously peering at the inventory screen looking for the occasional object significant to the quest, in Skyward however this did little to help you figure out exactly how much more is left making every next move or turn all the more unpredictable. Another good sign is that this has perhaps been the first time that I have been so pleased that I've gone on to replay the game again simply for the greater challenge.

It is also true that Fi does in fact wreck some of the greater puzzles the game has to offer, however one of these puzzles which Fi wrecked during the 5th dungeon made me ask myself "Did Fi just save me an hour of running back and forth frustrated?" Because certainly that is what was going to happen. Regardless the design of the puzzles and dungeons are brilliant, and they make you want to return to the past Zelda games you may have never completed [like for me the DS games] or replaying Links Awakening or doing the second quest in the Original Zelda. Then when you get to doing that you realize well it was more than just the dungeons, it was also the combat.

Ultimately the good in Skyward is simply so brilliant that the awkwardness of the few moments of backtracking only works beneficially, postponing at that point what would ultimately be the greatest climax in Zelda history. In the end IGN will call it game of the year, many will call it game of the decade, and maybe I will call it the best Zelda ever made.
  80. Nov 21, 2011
    A perfect game through and through - I give a 10/10 perfect score to this game! Zelda actually has a personality this time. It is a true Legend. Highly recommended.
  81. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of timeFantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of time without needing to calibrate once. The combat is amazing, the controls are actually extremely responsive and this game has actually made a big leap in combat, sure beats waggling and button mashing. Oh and I love the colours, very pretty. I'm extra excited for what they'll do with Zelda on Wii U now because this is certainly my all time favourite game thus far. Also just as a heads up it doesn't use the sensor bar, you can totally aim the pointer while you're in a different room. Lesson of the day: read the instruction book. Expand
  82. Nov 20, 2011
    Another vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for SuperAnother vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for Super Mario Land 3D Collapse
  83. Nov 23, 2011
    Only one word: masterpiece, shut up trolls this game is amazing with amazing graphics,amazing gameplay(only if you're a true gamer) and epic story.I give this 10/10 and is better that ocarina.
  84. Nov 21, 2011
    This is by far, hands down, the best Zelda game ever created. It steals the Ocarina of Time's spotlight easily and this is indeed a masterpiece. See Nintendo? Put effort into your games and you get a game that could be a timeless classic.
  85. Nov 21, 2011
    So far I have played the game and I've gotten a taste of swordplay, flying, and overall starting to get used to flying mechanics. I love the game and I think it is an amazing challenge; it brings me back to when I first played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and how I found both of them to be rather difficult to me at the time, being they were my first Zelda games.

Skyward Sword is

Skyward Sword is getting bad scores due to people thinking too highly of it and comparing it to other games like Assassin's Creed. If they would compare it to the REST of the Zelda series instead, the game would be getting a better score.

Trust me, don't judge a game because of other users reviews. Well... yes take it into account... but don't let it ruin it. I say try the game out, maybe as a rental, then buy it if you want. It's a good game.
  86. Nov 21, 2011
    Definitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up aDefinitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up a motion plus. After only a couple hours of game play, you can't wait to play more. The characters are more welcoming than ever, each with their own personality, especially the game's villain. There was more areas to discover and reasons why you should return to previous areas. The flight seems strange at first but to have controls not limited by the joystick seems like a very free feeling. The only thing that slows the game down somewhat is the lack of response the controller has but that is a trifle, barely noticeable when you can control exactly the direction your sword strikes. This is how a true motion control game should play. Each aspect of the technology is used effectively. The ability to change the UI is an excellent addition. Despite the game not having the graphics that Skyrim or Modern Warfare 3 have, it keeps true to the Zelda theme. The game is bright and a welcoming change to the greys and browns normally seen in mainstream gaming. This game signals a new start for the Zelda franchise and possibly the only reason to buy a Wii if you haven't already. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game, which affords a new control scheme which makes interesting new gameplay options possible. Negative reviews are reprehensible given that the game's usage of motion controls was announced originally --- people who want to sit down and play games by mashing buttons should re-play the old games, or choose to purchase games which cater to that. People who played WiiAbsolutely amazing game, which affords a new control scheme which makes interesting new gameplay options possible. Negative reviews are reprehensible given that the game's usage of motion controls was announced originally --- people who want to sit down and play games by mashing buttons should re-play the old games, or choose to purchase games which cater to that. People who played Wii Sports Resort and wanted more freedom and control (and interesting puzzles) or Red Steel 2 and wanted a longer game will be well-rewarded by this game. Expand
  88. Nov 21, 2011
    Magical. Minor complaints here and there with motion controls and pacing, but this game is captivating from beginning to end. Would expect nothing less from a Zelda game. Easily crack my top ten of all time.
  89. Nov 21, 2011
    This is not only an incredible Wii game, but an engaging game on any platform. It pushes the graphics on Nintendo's little white box, utilizing an excellent art style that feels perfect for the series. If Zelda was upscaled to high definition, this would be on par with a good looking XBOX360 or PS3 game, and that's exciting, yet simultaneously disappointing considering no other Wii games,This is not only an incredible Wii game, but an engaging game on any platform. It pushes the graphics on Nintendo's little white box, utilizing an excellent art style that feels perfect for the series. If Zelda was upscaled to high definition, this would be on par with a good looking XBOX360 or PS3 game, and that's exciting, yet simultaneously disappointing considering no other Wii games, save one or two, achieve this. This is the greatest Zelda game made, and a wonderful swan song for a console that has been greatly underappreciated. Expand
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm playing SS for about 23 hours and here are my thoughts:

+ Memorable Story
    + Character design
    + World design & size
    + Controls
    + Humor

- Getting used to the controls took me a while

Check it out guys, it's one of the last Wii gems!!
  91. Nov 24, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the greatest games i have ever played. The near perfect pacing of when you are just starting to get bored of something you change directions and start doing something else. the controls are near perfection. i am sorry gamespot but i dont know what you were playing but i have had nothing but pure enjoyment from the controls. i have played everyThe Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the greatest games i have ever played. The near perfect pacing of when you are just starting to get bored of something you change directions and start doing something else. the controls are near perfection. i am sorry gamespot but i dont know what you were playing but i have had nothing but pure enjoyment from the controls. i have played every zelda from a link to the past up and this i will with no problem say tops ocarina of time in my book as best in the franchise. This is the perfect gift from nintendo for zeldas 25th aniversery if you have a wii get this game and if you you dont im sorry because you are missing out on a great game Expand
  92. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect soMy favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect so far. I've had zero issues with registering jabs or swings and have only needed to recenter the cursor a couple of times while looking at the map. I'm guessing that the people that are having issues aren't use to the motion controls, have a broken controller, or haven't played the game. It looks like all of the COD trolls are trying to avenge their user metascore. Expand
  93. Nov 21, 2011
    People who say this is "dumb" or "boring" don't know how to play video games then. It's not the same. It's everything we love about Zelda, but in a different way. Half of you probably say that, then give Call of Duty or some sports game a 10/10. Stupid hypocrites.
    Pros: This game is amazing. It's well worth the 10/10 and is way more fun to play than Skyrim or Battlefield 3. I haven't touched either since I've gotten the game. Skyrim is decent, but leaves the player left doing nothing with tremendous power and is barely a challenge. The only challenge I found were the OHKO bosses and Giants. But even then, after you get the ebony stuff, it's too easy. BF3 is okay, but idc for shooters anymore because gameplay wise it's not changing. I like BF3 a little more though because it's squad base, granted if you find a squad who does squad things. The reason I threw those two games in here is because it's to make a point, both games are not revolutionizing gameplay. The main thing is your stuck using a controller and it's not like your actually doing anything, just watching. Like a movie with choices to choose your adventure kinda thing. Then comes along BF3, where it's still your point and shoot shooter. yeah it's overly harsh and you have to go into more detail, but lets face it, the only thing seperating BF3 and MW3 are a few gameplay differences. What makes Skyward sword different is the new motion controls that make you feel more like Link. That alone makes the game a 8/10. Getting more into the game, there's tons of neat little references to past Zelda games, epic music, a vast world(s), and for a first, a pretty good story to boot. This game also proves a game doesn't need great graphics to be great. That reminds me, How's that swimming coming along in Skyrim? Compared to Skyward Sword's water physics, Skyrim looks like jello or something. Horrible in Skyrim. Worst part is Bethesda doesn't know how to do bug fixes and leave it up to the fanbase to do it. Nintendo takes pride in their games at least and fixes those bugs so the player doesn't have to do anything except enjoy.
    Cons: The controls are a bit annoying, but that's because I usually play laying down :P This just means I need to get my lazy butt up of the couch more or less. Nothing has made this a game a disappointment and anyone who thinks it does is just a nintendo-hater who thinks only good games are the violent ones.
    Nintendo proves again you can make a great game with just gameplay. I can't wait for the next installment in the Zelda series, it'll be tough to beat this one.
  94. Nov 21, 2011
    Well, this game has the best controls ever seen in a game. The story is awesome and the swordplay is simply perfect. I think this is a game that will pass through generations... it's really a masterpiece.
  95. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome! The characters feel real! This is what gaming is about! The interface is perfect! The motion controls are accurate and smooth. The story is well-told by a cast of believable characters.
  96. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect in every way, definitely the most enjoyable Zelda I've ever played. Packed full of plenty of side missions as well as a very well-done main quest, it's a non-stop ride of pure joy and excitement. Anyone who enjoys gaming should definitely pick this up, a must-buy for sure.
  97. Nov 21, 2011
    Amazing game. I've been waiting for this game for over a year. You know what I say, it was worth it. It has really good controls. Spaced out enemys. You can even adjust how to point the wii remote, so you can sit at any angle you want. 11/10
  98. Nov 21, 2011
    This game makes new standard for all motion games. If you like Zelda games then you'll love it and won't even want to go back to old control scheme. This is probably last worth game for the Wii but really, it's a must to own it and play it. The game is getting everywhere positive reviews from critics (this is rather confirmation that in 90% bad reviews are made from fanboys here..). I'veThis game makes new standard for all motion games. If you like Zelda games then you'll love it and won't even want to go back to old control scheme. This is probably last worth game for the Wii but really, it's a must to own it and play it. The game is getting everywhere positive reviews from critics (this is rather confirmation that in 90% bad reviews are made from fanboys here..). I've played almost all Zeldas and I like them all, but for now this is one of my favourites. Hope you will have also the same good time as I had playing it. 10/10 ! Expand
  99. Nov 22, 2011
    Un bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellementUn bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellement pathétique que je vais faire la même chose sur son jeu adoré , en pestant sur la jouabilité ... j'espère qu'il lira mon test , et se rendra compte de sa connerie ^^ Expand
  100. Nov 22, 2011
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    This game is so **** epic. **** off these stupid haters, ****
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  101. Nov 20, 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.