The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii

7.9

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2091 Ratings

1. Nov 26, 2011
    Great game, marvelous graphics, amazing story. The controls are not lagged as some people are saying, probably these people don't know how to use the motion plus. It's more of the same? Yes, it is, is more of the same awesomeness that Zelda is.
  2. Nov 26, 2011
    I am very hesitant about rating this game a 10. Its not a perfect game but its pretty close. I absolutely love some of the new features such as the stamina gauge and shield life but the new Hint system just sticks a knife in my gut. I hate spending 10 mins trying to open a door, when I know I can get the answer by reading hints on a stone or asking my guide. I hate having the temptationI am very hesitant about rating this game a 10. Its not a perfect game but its pretty close. I absolutely love some of the new features such as the stamina gauge and shield life but the new Hint system just sticks a knife in my gut. I hate spending 10 mins trying to open a door, when I know I can get the answer by reading hints on a stone or asking my guide. I hate having the temptation right there in front of me. I also have a problem with not reading the hints. I am the type of player who won't leave a stone unturned and its hard to avoid these things. The controls were pretty frustrating at first but I got it down sometime after the first temple.

I don't feel like typing out everything I love about the game........its a Zelda game....Ill leave it at that.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As with almost any other franchise, it's hard to look at one game in a series without comparing or reflecting on other entries that have come previously. Unfortunately, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time seems to always be the precipice of all follow on entries of this series; being hailed as the best Zelda of all time. What players and reviewers oftenThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As with almost any other franchise, it's hard to look at one game in a series without comparing or reflecting on other entries that have come previously. Unfortunately, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time seems to always be the precipice of all follow on entries of this series; being hailed as the best Zelda of all time. What players and reviewers often forget is that, that game too, for the most part, was a rehash of the one before it but in three dimensions. Collect three things, get the sword. Collect seven things, save the princess. It has been that design for these games that has been used for follow on entries, aside from a few exceptions. In comes Skyward Sword, a game that tries to break the mold but keep a familiar feeling to hold true to that "Zelda-esque" design. For everything that Skyward Sword does well, it has a few things that are done equally terrible. What we have here is a series that has gone from little to no story outside what was in an instruction booklet to the fullest story told in the franchise. This series is muddied by inconsistencies told throughout, until Skyward Sword. A story that within it's conclusion wraps up nicely the reason for all previous games. I will not go too far into the story in fear of spoilers, but for a fan of the series, you get that "Ah-Ha!" moment; for newcomers, it's easily followed along and makes jumping into the other games that much easier. Story: 8/10 Back in 2000, the world was shown what Zelda would look like in upgraded graphics since the time of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. A year later we were shown Wind Waker. People, myself included, were shocked; some even appalled. It took playing and seeing to believe what Nintendo was truly capable of doing with motion design and emotional storytelling. Then came Twilight Princess, the ode to Ocarina of Time. A dark dreary game told in a threatened world once again. I mention these two games because it is so hard to feel the mixing of the two together to get the graphical design we see here in Skyward Sword. An older Link in a beautifully cel-shaded world. The world is so bright and colorful, full of detail and as things move off into the distance and fade into the background, it almost looks like a Monet style painting. The art direction for this game, fits perfectly to house all of the content and people that reside in this world. It makes sense to have kooky blue haired people in a world that looks and feels like this. The gorgeous oil/guache/water color design is absolutely gorgeous. Graphics: 9/10 The controls for this game are amidst huge debate among it's fans. Almost everything is controlled with the help of WiiMotion+ to it's advantage and dismay. When the controls work, it's incredible fun to see it all being played out on the screen in front of you. It really gives you the feeling of full control. It's when it doesn't work, which is about 20% of the time, that you wish you had a standard controller. Instead of fixing their control scheme they placed a work around in the controls to reset the center of the Wii-mote. This game can be completely played without the sensor bar because it's all relative to the Wii-mote. With this in mind, I found myself not having to reset very often. It was a mindset that took getting used to because of always having to point at the screen. Is it possible to waggle in this game? Yes. If done "right" it's actually quite effective. What ends up happening if the Wii-mote is waggled too ferociously is that you have to recalibrate the motion+. After having played with these controls, however, I couldn't imagine playing a Zelda game any other way, so long as n=Nintendo keeps improving on this method. Controls: 8/10 As with almost every Zelda game out there, there is some degree of exploration. Unfortunately, for Skyward Sword, as much exploration as there is, the locales are of 4 places; granted they are huge, you feel very confined. The level design is thoughtful and intriguing, I just wish there was more of it. I am glad they got rid of, for the most part, the "overworld" design put in place by Ocarina of Time. The surface world is full of surprises and things to see and opens up more and more as you progress through the game. Unfortunately, the only reasons to ever venture down there seem like padding. This game doesn't learn that fetch quests are redundant time fillers and can be quite annoying. There's a specific time where I wanted to choke someone out in Nintendo screaming "Why are you doing this to me?!" Getting over all of the fetching, the side quests, collectibles and other additions to this game round it out nicely. It was nice to see the bug net make its return. Gameplay: 6/10 Overall, I feel like Skyward Sword was a decent entry into the series and brings about the end of the Wii nicely. Skyward Sword: 8/10 Expand
  4. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finallySkyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finally challenging, like those in Twilight Princess. The boss battles are immense and truly feel like something epic.

The only downside? The controls can be off sometimes -- I found that putting the motion bar on top of a television solved my problems. But it's hardly noticable and if you control your motions, you won't suffer.

This is the game for the Wii and the best release in the past 10 years.
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    This game nears perfection. The impressionistic-style graphics, the epic orchestrated music, the tear-jerking story, the smooth-as-silk controls, everything in this game is nothing less than ART. Unfortunately, it's got some tiny little flaws that will be used to drag it down by the critics, but they're not really THAT important. This is not a game to be played, but a game to be appreciated.
  6. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the Wii game people have been dreaming about ever since the console was announced. The use of motion control is intuitive and interesting, and makes this one of the most unique and legitimately groundbreaking (if not, THE most) Game of the Year candidate of 2011. It's another wonderful entry in a legendary franchise with some actual challenge on the table as well.
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono. Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  8. Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty good, at first the controls were hard to control, but it turns out there's ACTUALLY SKILL INVOLVED IN SWINGING THE SWORD. The fact that waggling to kill no longer applying made my **** day. I recommend this game highly.
  9. Nov 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image
    Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by this game, as even Zelda pros have to learn how to defeat foes they've defeated easily in the past. As for voice acting, it wouldn't be fitting to have voice acting. Imagine, after 25 years and for the anniversary, you finally add voice acting. I personally would hate that because I'd hate to hear a voice for Link or Zelda etc. If you have a Wii, you owe it to yourself to get this game. It's like Ocarina of Time for the modern day world. Long time Zelda fans will even get a few references to past games, something I enjoyed a lot.The only disappointment is that such a fantastic game came at the end of the Wii's life.
  10. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a game worthy of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the best video game franchise ever. This franchise has come a long way from its humble gold cartridge casing days on the nes. The mechanics are great with the wii motion plus guiding our blades and other gadgets. the look with the watercolors is beautiful, the story keeps us yearning for more with each dungeon, and the musicThis is a game worthy of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the best video game franchise ever. This franchise has come a long way from its humble gold cartridge casing days on the nes. The mechanics are great with the wii motion plus guiding our blades and other gadgets. the look with the watercolors is beautiful, the story keeps us yearning for more with each dungeon, and the music done with a full orchestra sounds better than anything we have heard!! i love this game and its going in my never return it pile with my other favorites Expand
  11. Nov 23, 2011
    Great 1:1 motion controls, a fantastic story, great gameplay and puzzles, the overall difficulty, and the Boss battles are fantastic. I would reccomend to anyone, this is worth buying a wii for.
  12. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is, feels and plays fantastic, the visuals are great for wii, the controls are rarely out of sinc, the bosses are challenging, there is a whole bunch of RPG stuff added like item upgrades, advanced potions and limited backpack size,... There is nothing not to like about this game.
  13. Nov 21, 2011
    The Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a mustThe Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a must buy for any zelda fan, or even any wii owner! Expand
  14. Nov 23, 2011
    Best Story of any Zelda Ever. Best controls of any Zelda Ever. Best looking Zelda Ever. Suffice to say, Best Zelda Ever! A Modern Masterpiece! The second best game ever made (right behind Mario Galaxy 2). If you have a Wii - BUY THIS GAME! If you don't have a Wii then, first buy a Wii then... BUY THIS GAME! You have not lived until you play this!
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    Its the best zelda game of the series, and probably the best wii game. Good graphics, good gameplay, intense history about the origin of the master sword and use all the wii features you can desire to play.If you have wii or dont, buy it and play one of the best games of the generation.
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    1. You've definitely NOT played the entire game, yet alone even scratched the surface of it.
    2. Don't insult the Art Style, because you know very well that If they wanted, they could've gone with more realistic TP graphics again. It's a choice, and a good one, in my opinion. 3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't expect the game to hand everything to you. It takes a bit of practice. If I twist my wrist, Link twists his wrist. How much more accurate can it get?

So far the game is a must-own for every Wii player, has great cutscenes, great gameplay and is essentially a great evolution for the franchise. Not a single torch puzzle.
    I'd say this game is AT LEAST as good as Ocarina of Time, if not better. I'll see once i'm done.
  17. Nov 25, 2011
    best game i ever played in my life
    LoZ skyward sword is perfect
    allows exact movements with wii remote
    amazing graphics
    and just a great and enjoyable story line
    i am impressed on how the creators progressed zelda and i cant wait to see what the future holds
  18. Nov 22, 2011
    El mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y SpiritEl mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y Spirit Tracks, el mundo mas vacio incluso que Twilight Princess, el Boss Final mas facil de derrotar que el emo de Grihaim o como se llama, el efecto acaurela es otra mierda mas del juego, de tocarse los huevos el equipo desarrollador. Expand
  19. Nov 22, 2011
    ZELDA GAME THIS MEETS EXPECTATIONS THAT THE GREAT MAJORITY OF FANS LOOKING FOR SAGA, THE CONTROL IS VERY GOOD, history and character interaction and the appearance visual and musical, though not COMES MASTER IS OOT It alone can SHINE
  20. Nov 22, 2011
    As I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works asAs I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works as advertised and really adds a level of immersion to the game that has never really been part of a Zelda game before. The sword fighting is fun and they even have found clever ways to work all the Wii Sports motions we have been doing for years into the game without it being gimmicky. Bowling bombs need I say more? Another great thing about this game is the challenge. There hasn't been a Zelda game this hard since Zelda II on the NES. While this game is still not as hard as that game it is defiantly more difficult than any other Zelda and that is a most welcome change. I grew up with Zelda so I will always love it but it is nice to play a game that doesn't feel like it's difficulty was designed with 8 year olds in mind. Graphically the game is as beautiful as anything I've seen on the Wii. It may not look quite as sharp as Super Mario Galaxy 2 but it makes up for it in art direction and style. The perfect marriage between Wind Waker's Saturday morning cartoon feel and Twilight Princess's more mature feel. The music is also excellent and for the first time completely orchestrated. The story I will not go into great detail on as I have not seen it in its entirety. I will say that so far it has been one of the strongest narratives I've seen in a Zelda game yet. The emotion and character on display is unmatched in the series and Link despite being silent as always has never had so much personality as he does here. Zelda herself even makes much more of an impact then usual. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story takes me. All in all it is an excellent title from Nintendo and worthy of the praise that has been lavished upon it. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but the 0's I've seen given to this game are just ludicrous. Don't listen to the naysayers. Even if you don't end up liking the game as much as I a doubt that you will find it to be a 0 experience. Expand
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    Good orchestrated music, a fine difficultly for both new and experienced gamers (provided you can be bothered with Hero Mode), probably the best use of Motion control I have ever seen in a Wii game. Also contains Groose, the greatest Zelda character of all time!
  22. Nov 23, 2011
    I think the good vote for this game is 9.7
    It's good. It's very good. I think the people who give 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 simply can't play Zelda, and they excuses whit sentences like "The control are bad", "Zelda doesn't **** with Link" "blabalablablabala"
  23. Nov 24, 2011
    I've never been so engaged in a game in a very long time. Everything from the dungeons to the bosses are absolutely fantastic. It's and extremely amazing game. 10/10
  24. Nov 25, 2011
    An amazing game; The creators have improved upon all aspects of the gaming adventure that is Zelda! It's been a number of years since I've played a game that's simply so much fun I find myself not being able to put the controller down for long. I highly recommend Skyward Sword!
  25. Nov 25, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time and certainly the best of the year. It has a great story and great graphics for the wii.
  26. Nov 29, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in the Zelda series, if you`ve swung a sword or shot a bow in real life your skills will be applied here. The gameplay in general is also the best of the series, far surpassing Ocarina of Time and stepping all over Twilight Princess, with the best overworld, dungeons, and bosses ever. Simply amazing, the definition of a must-play. Expand
  27. Dec 2, 2011
    The game is just majestic ! It needs some time to get used to gyroscopic aiming, but you can recenter it anytime you want using a button ...

Yes it's storytelling at the start of the adventure, but it's not that bad. Combat moves with the motion controller are just GREAT, and i had no specific problem at all in 40h+ gameplay ... The difficulty is easy to medium most of the time but some

Yes it's storytelling at the start of the adventure, but it's not that bad.

The difficulty is easy to medium most of the time but some challenges and boss are more tricky :)
  28. Dec 1, 2011
    Okay, let me start off with this: Skyward Sword has problems, several problems. I had to recalibrate every so often, though unlike most, it happened like, 3 times in the roughly 30 hours it took me to complete the main story. The music seemed more centered around creating an atmosphere than giving you memorable tunes much of the time. Lastly, the game's textures are generally poor. BeforeOkay, let me start off with this: Skyward Sword has problems, several problems. I had to recalibrate every so often, though unlike most, it happened like, 3 times in the roughly 30 hours it took me to complete the main story. The music seemed more centered around creating an atmosphere than giving you memorable tunes much of the time. Lastly, the game's textures are generally poor. Before you get your panties in a bunch, let me finish this statement: I've found it to be one of the greatest Zelda games ever. The controls work like a charm. Other than the times they temporarily wigged out (again, happened thrice for me), they were spot on. Every so often, it screwed up with the stabbing motion, but I rarely noted that occurring. If you or a reviewer is claiming the controls aren't spot on, check out the controls demonstrations here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aGjL1bwN0), otherwise it's due to interference or something. The enemies clearly show how they're supposed to be attacked with your, thanks to the exaggerated art style and you'll probably get wrecked trying to waggle constantly to win. The other weapons worked well too, though I myself was rather bad with the whip. I found some of the puzzle rather intriguing, but being a seasoned Zelda player, I never really found myself stumped. Some of the other puzzles-- some of which introduce an awesome mechanic-- were good fun. The graphics and art style are quite good as well and definitely draw inspiration from impressionist art. More distant objects take on an almost water color appearance. The fact that the textures aren't the greatest seems like an odd thing to complain about since the art style definitely draws from the Wind Waker. I didn't find some of the music to be as memorable as some past games in the series, though quite a few of them-- such as Zelda's and Faore's themes-- stuck with me. As I mentioned previously, several of them seem geared more so to evoke an atmosphere like the Metroid series, rather than providing tunes you can hum to. Though, the fact that most of the tracks are orchestrated (maybe all, or nearly so) makes them sound so beautiful and soothing, and in other cases, up-beat and have a nice tempo. There are some other cool musical effects in the game; the theme shifting music of Skyloft's Bazaar comes to mind. I found the plot to be quite fun to watch, mainly the references to future points in the timeline. And at last, we see a little Zelda and Link love connection. We all knew it had to happen eventually...wait, this game is the furthest back in the timeline, so it already happened? Time confusion? Song of Time? Hell, my mind just boggled itself. @_@ Skyward Sword is a game with problems and is imperfect. Said imperfections are mostly small and insignificant. I found it to be a great adventure, with tons of side quests, optional upgrades and some great characterization that made me long for voice acting for all characters, barring Link and is "Hiyaaaa!!"s. In spite of these problems, Skyward Sword manages to provide an amazing experience with many memorable moments, and the combination of a beautiful soundtrack and eye-soothing visuals was something that I would just sit down, listen to and watch for a little while. For years now, I have never been able to decide which Zelda game I liked most, never advancing past Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time as my favorites. Well that....hasn't changed, but Skyward Sword has joined their ranks. Please do not miss out on this game. Not only is it one of the Wii's best games--I hold it as high as I do Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2--, it's one of the best games I've played in quite some time. I'd like to give it a 9.5, but alas, I'm restricted to whole numbers. Expand
  29. Dec 3, 2011
    It's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, orIt's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, or buildings, or whatever it is you're far from become more like paint daubs which is really awesome. The scenes are amazing, and though some people are still bummed out about and/or trolling about how the characters still don't talk, this really, I feel, is better than if they were to include lame voice acting. The music is perfectly fitting for each area you're in and changes depending on what situation your in within an area - for example the Marketplace offers various versions of the same song for each different shop you approach. This game has hours upon hours of amazing gameplay and despite what others say, the controls are wonderful. The only thing I've had difficulty with was swimming, but besides that everything else works perfectly. This is the first Wii game I've played that doesn't rely solely on the sensors, but the position your Wii-mote is in - and if your aimer says it's in a different direction than it should be you can simply readjust it with a push of a button to be back where it should be (so really those who complain about the controls don't know what they're talking about/are trolls - the latter being more likely). The replayability is insanely high for this game, there is so much to do and so many areas you can explore around and it's one of those stories that, I at least, fell in love with right away. It's seriously one amazing experience. Expand
  30. Dec 1, 2011
    Gameplay wise the best Zelda I've played so far. The upgrading system, shield gauge and ability to sprint add to the depth of the game without making it less Zelda-like, I already find it hard to imagine a Zelda game without sprinting. The motion plus controls work really well and remain fun until the very end. I wonder what people who rate this game low expected from it. Of course it'sGameplay wise the best Zelda I've played so far. The upgrading system, shield gauge and ability to sprint add to the depth of the game without making it less Zelda-like, I already find it hard to imagine a Zelda game without sprinting. The motion plus controls work really well and remain fun until the very end. I wonder what people who rate this game low expected from it. Of course it's not in HD, it does not have spoken cut-scenes, the characters do not look spectacularly realistic, and pretty much all you do is run around between and in dungeons. But it's Zelda, what do you expect? Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2011
    This beautiful game deserves the beautiful score : 10. Every aspect of this game is fine-tuned, and is the best Zelda experience i've had. Everything works so well, from the timeless water-color design to the clever dungeon puzzles, this game is a complete masterpiece.
  32. Nov 28, 2011
    The game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few newThe game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few new ideas to puzzle solving and combat, making it a fresher experience from previous games in the series. The story is one highlight of the game, but what I enjoyed the most was the sidequests and collectibles. I always like finding pieces of heart, but this time there's also the Goddess Cubes for you to find and the gratitude crystals for you to collect. One bad point is the feeling of emptyness while flying around the sky world. There's hardly any islands for you to visit with things to do, but Skyloft (the biggest island) is full of life and extra tasks for you to do.

It's not my personal favourite in the series, but it's definitely an enjoyable one. The game doesn't change too much to make it unrelatable to previous Zelda games, but enough to make it a fresh experience.
  33. Nov 29, 2011
    Bueno, para ser sincero soy fan de la saga de zelda, PERO, hablare objetivamente de este titulo, SIN Fanatismo, primero, Presentacion, el juego comienza con una elegante introducción, promocionando que la saga cumple 25 Años, los menus son sencillos con una vista panoramica de toda "SkyLoft" en español la llamaron "Neburía", laBueno, para ser sincero soy fan de la saga de zelda, PERO, hablare objetivamente de este titulo, SIN Fanatismo, primero, Presentacion, el juego comienza con una elegante introducción, promocionando que la saga cumple 25 Años, los menus son sencillos con una vista panoramica de toda "SkyLoft" en español la llamaron "Neburía", la introducción del juego es impecable, te describen el juego de una manera tan sencilla que cualquiera lo entiende, tan solo en este primer punto le doy un 100, por lo sencillo, entendible y bonito de interactuar con el menu.
    Graficos, aqui le tengo que dar un aplauso a Nintendo, ¿porqué?, se estaran preguntando, bueno, esta compañia esta consciente que su consola no es muy poderosa, es por eso que se la "ingenian" para poder hacer del juego lo mas bonito visualmente, que el arte del juego sea como una pintura, hace que el juego se vea muy bien, los movimientos de los personajes son fluidos y a pesar de no hablar, son muy expresivos, los efectos de luz son muy bueno y de lo mejor que puede tener el Wii, por eso aplaudo a Nintendo, porque sin necesidad de que la consola sea HD, las graficas se sienten muy fresacas y unicas (por estilo de arte).
    Sonido, que podemos decir de esta parte, todo el juego esta orquestado, simplemente hermoso cada melodia del juego, hay momentos en el juego donde se siente apagado, pero va de acuerdo a la situacion presentada, a lo mejor algunos les moleste que los personajes muevan sus labios y que de ellos no salgá ningun sonido, pero que conste que algunos no agradará, NO doy a entender que esto es es negativo.
    Forma de juego (gamplay), la verdad despues de jugar de esta manera un zelda, quisiera que los demas se juguen así, el control de movimiento estan intuitivo y fluido que realmente sientes que tu sostienes una espada, este zelda, es el zelda con menos objetos, pero cada uno es utilizado iteligentemene por el uso del control de movimiento, es el primer zelda, donde para ganarle a un enemigo o jefe, necesitas dar espadasos al azar, realmente necesitas observar por donde atacara tu enemigo o ver sus "huecos" para poder darle un espadazo, realmente una maravilla.
    NOTA: Quiero aclarar algo en este punto, SI, al principio el control se te hará un poco incomodó o torpe, pero si te tomas tu tiempo para entenderlo, y poder usarlo bien, lograras tener a tu poder uno de los mejores controles jamas hechos.
    Duracion del juego, el juego para los veteranos les durara entre 30 y 35 horas en terminar solamente la historia principal, para completarlo al 100% les tomara unas 45 a 55 horas, si eres nuevo y te gustaria comenzar a jugar un zelda, la verdad te lo recomiendo muchisimo porque te gustará, si no eres muy fan de los juegos tipo accion/aventura con un toque de RPG, entonces este no es tu juego, pero no por eso es malo el juego denle una oportunidad.
    Por todo lo anterior mi puntuacion es de un 100, si una puntuacion perfecta, pero la verdad es muy subjetiva esa califacion, yo creo, en mi opinion que el juego minimo es de un 85 a 100, ustedes deciden si comprarlo o no, espero les allá ayudado mi reseña (solo para aclarar si ya me termine el juego y puedo ciriticar de manera correcta)
  34. Dec 2, 2011
    Anybody who gives this game lower than a seven, hasn't played it. This game is an absolute masterpiece! The artistic direction in this game is amazing, gameplay works fine (if not, buy a new nunchuck), cutscences are jaw dropping, and the story is amazing!!! Buy it
  35. Nov 21, 2011
    All of the people that say this is a bad game probably never even got past the tutorials. It's a sad day when such a beautiful, amazing game gets bogged down with bogus reviews. The controls are good, after you get used to them. The story and gameplay are superb, easily one of the best games Nintendo has ever made. It deserves the amazing critic reviews and to me is better than skyrim.
  36. Nov 21, 2011
    Undoubtedly, unarguably, unquestionably, unequivocally, and UNMISTAKABLY the best, most in-depth, well-played Zelda game I have ever purchased. I can not believe the amount of effort that Nintendo must have put into this game. It will lead you on a trail through a whole train-ride of emotions, ranging from giddiness to rapturous, from tenebrous to fluorescence, from the simplestUndoubtedly, unarguably, unquestionably, unequivocally, and UNMISTAKABLY the best, most in-depth, well-played Zelda game I have ever purchased. I can not believe the amount of effort that Nintendo must have put into this game. It will lead you on a trail through a whole train-ride of emotions, ranging from giddiness to rapturous, from tenebrous to fluorescence, from the simplest depression to the most magnificent happiness! You will buy this game, and you will NOT be dissapointed! The controls are simply splendid, and Nintendo has perfectly achieved the goal of putting you in a real game to the fullest extent! In the Zelda franchise, you are supposed to insert yourself as Link, and the Wii Motion+ makes this all the more corporeal! Combat system in a game before this? Hah! This IS combat. There is no way another game has had a more advanced and splendidly working combat system, ever. End of story. And the variation from the other games! I was never one of those people to say that Zelda hasn't evolved over the years, but I never explicitly believed it lead a revolution - until now. Saying that the Zelda franchise hasn't been evolving after playing this game is like saying that the Call of Duty franchise IS evolving - it's a complete and utter lie! It's not as if you expect them to make something that isn't a Zelda game, do you? If you do, that's what other games are for! You play Zelda because you enjoyed a previous Zelda game, not because you're expecting an entirely different game!

Everything is riddled with riddles that actually make you think! The puzzle system is entirely duked out beyond belief, and it provides a good challenge to those who are up to it, but if you ever get stuck, there's special 'stones' around to help you out that are completely optional. Zelda games have always been the leading franchise as far as puzzling dungeons go, and this one is no exception. You will be impressed, and I don't doubt it.

It is a one of a kind puzzle/adventure game, one that cannot be missed out on. It is a suave masterpiece and a prodigy in its own - I believe that it is Nintendo's magnum opus. You will not be dissapointed.
  37. Nov 21, 2011
    Skyward Sword adds some new elements to the overarching Zelda timelines but also answers a few in the process. However, though the storyline is engaging enough to keep you playing, the inconsistent Wii Motion Plus controls paired with shoddy aiming will cause you to pay attention to your hastily rising blood pressure instead of the story.

I'd say aside from the controls, my biggest gripe

I'd say aside from the controls, my biggest gripe with the game overall is that the "New Formula" added in Skyward Sword, which has you solving puzzles and defeating enemies almost at a constant rate. It makes me long for the times where I could calmly ride through Hyrule field, or stroll through Kakariko Village and enjoy the sites without having to constantly think and fight (or flail around my arms for that matter).

Skyward Sword is a fun game that is worth-while to play through, and while the controls can be frustrating, more often than not you'll find them to be tolerable. This is definitely not the best Zelda game since OOT, A Link to the Past, or Majora's Mask, but it's still a pretty good entry. Don't buy into too much of the hype, or disappointment may ensue.
  38. Nov 21, 2011
    I've been playing it for about 4 hours and can't get enough of it. The Wii Motion Plus really helps the game, and I think is going to be be a very good rival for Ocarina of Time as the best Zelda Ever.
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely revolutionary. HAVE NO IDEA what's up with the negatives... it's just fan boys marking it badly but just look at the critic reviews. Those reviews are the ones you can rely on...which I did to decide to buy the game. 49.99 is a great price for a great game
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    This game deserves a 10 out of 10 Gamespot is wrong about skyward sword. Check out this vid it by the WiiFolderJosh an official reviewer company [(here is the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu ] basically this guy does his skyward sword gameplay live with his body on the bottom right corner showing all the moves he is doing. And Link is doing exactly what he isThis game deserves a 10 out of 10 Gamespot is wrong about skyward sword. Check out this vid it by the WiiFolderJosh an official reviewer company [(here is the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu ] basically this guy does his skyward sword gameplay live with his body on the bottom right corner showing all the moves he is doing. And Link is doing exactly what he is doing on the screen. Gamespot, i really disagree with them with their review. Gamespot says the controls are innacurate yet he says you can waggle your way to victory. But his review is very innacurate. And to disagree with you metacritics the average rating of syward sword is a 10 out of ten not including gamespot with their innacurate review. I mean have you ever seen their review. I know they want Skyrim to be the game of the year so they decided to give it a bad review. But please look at everybody else`s review mostly the game has gotten a 10 out of 10 even with IGN. Please i beg you look at the description and find some other reviews of syward sword to see the others. Gamespot really didn`t do a good review they even said Link seems like old link with un-human like movements. Yet Nintendo changed the whole style of Link`s and everybody else`s movements to make it look more life like. Please look at IGN review Gametrailer`s review and review you can find, then watch the Gamespot`s review and see how completey different they are. Then watch the link i gave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu) you to the video. Please even if you want Skyrim to be game of the year, though i`m not saying you do. Please reconsider the score of Skyward sword. And even if Gamespot gave it a 7.5 it doesn`t mean that`s the average of the game. Check with every other review and then calculate the average. Then contact me at my email (mr.flash2017@yahoo.com) please do it now because the scores aren`t fair Expand
  41. Nov 22, 2011
    Hi folks! I'm 45+ hours in the game and I'm having a great experience. The other 10/10 reviews already tell what's so magical about this game. I'm absolutly loving it!!! Forget what the 0/10 people are saying. I's ****!
  42. Nov 22, 2011
    Being a Zelda fan since as long as I can remember, I am always wary of a "newcomer" game because I am afraid of being disappointed and getting my glowing memories of the Zelda franchise shattered. However, I can easily say that Skyward Sword just continues this memory and builds upon all of the good times that these games gave me in the past. 10 on beautiful impressionist-painting styleBeing a Zelda fan since as long as I can remember, I am always wary of a "newcomer" game because I am afraid of being disappointed and getting my glowing memories of the Zelda franchise shattered. However, I can easily say that Skyward Sword just continues this memory and builds upon all of the good times that these games gave me in the past. 10 on beautiful impressionist-painting style graphics, 10 on the story line and 10 on everything else. Thank you Nintendo!! Expand
  43. Nov 22, 2011
    What's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat aWhat's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat a dish that looks amazing but tastes of paper or chocolate ice cream even if itt looks like crap. This game is the best in the series and the best on Wii. Period. So haters just go do something else instead of just **** about a game just because it gets good reviews. Expand
  44. Nov 22, 2011
    hahaha. people are so dumb. one guy said the good reviews comes from a little minority of people. yet somehow there are 400X the about of good reviews thatn the bad ones. I have been playing zelda for a long time also. OOT was one of my favorite games of all times if not my number 1 favorite. I never expected this game to be better than that. I was delightfuly surprised. this game is justhahaha. people are so dumb. one guy said the good reviews comes from a little minority of people. yet somehow there are 400X the about of good reviews thatn the bad ones. I have been playing zelda for a long time also. OOT was one of my favorite games of all times if not my number 1 favorite. I never expected this game to be better than that. I was delightfuly surprised. this game is just pure bliss. I have never had a boring moment. as for the controls. .. i have had no problems. and if i have to calibrate once and a while, so what . big deal. it's worth the awesome sword fighting... all you trolls... get a life Expand
  45. Nov 27, 2011
    Great addition to the awesome The Legend Of Zelda franchise, this title lives up to all standards the Zelda series sets and raises them. A perfect 10 in my book.
  46. Nov 30, 2011
    Ok so I'll say this the short way and the long way, the short way this the best game of this generation wheter it's Wii, PS3 or 360 and makes the Wii a MUST HAVE console; alright now here's the long version. Skyward Sword relies hevaily on motion control, but those of you that think motion control is unresponsive will see no issues with this game wheter it's the sword, the bombs, or theOk so I'll say this the short way and the long way, the short way this the best game of this generation wheter it's Wii, PS3 or 360 and makes the Wii a MUST HAVE console; alright now here's the long version. Skyward Sword relies hevaily on motion control, but those of you that think motion control is unresponsive will see no issues with this game wheter it's the sword, the bombs, or the whip everything responds with pinpoint accuracy. Those of you who breezed trough twilight princess cause you were able to wildly swing the controller will have trouble enemys block depending on how you swing your sword so you have to take time to aim your strikes or youll be open to counterattack. Although Zelda is one of Nintendo's franchises well suited to realilistic graphics, I find Skyward Sword's graphics stunning and showing one of if not the best way to show off the wii's graphic capabillities (who says we need hd graphics to make a good looking game). The music is now fully orchestrated and wheter it was the classic Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time or the new Ballad of the Goddess main theme Skyward Sword's versions are now the ones the ring in my head constantly. The story also proves that there can be an amazing story with a great cast despite not bieng fully voiced while telling the origin of Zelda's boduguard Impa, the master sword, even Ganondorf to some extent. Skyward Sword also offers a higher difficulty mode called hero mode where even the most expierienced Zelda players will have trouble facing enimies but unfortunatly the dungeons don't get the Master Quest treatment. Skyward Sword is the reson to own a wii it's the best game of the last two generations if not going farther than that, it also repeats the cycle of all Nintendo consoles and handhelds with the last major Nintendo release; showing the real power of the system and evolving the series that is given the honor. It is the greatest update to the Zelda series since Ocarina and gets every Nintendo fan one last wii hurrah before we transition to Wii U next year. Expand
  47. Nov 28, 2011
    With complaints about the same old same old, these are a plus in my book. When they create a Zelda game i want a majority of the stuff i have seen before with subtle differences. With that i mostly mean upon mechanics, format etc. On the other hand the story should be its own new thing every time around. With skyward sword i get exactly that. The elements of zelda that i adore, Hearts (With complaints about the same old same old, these are a plus in my book. When they create a Zelda game i want a majority of the stuff i have seen before with subtle differences. With that i mostly mean upon mechanics, format etc. On the other hand the story should be its own new thing every time around. With skyward sword i get exactly that. The elements of zelda that i adore, Hearts ( Including Beeping), Music, Dungeons, Side Quests and side characters i couldnt be happier. they upgraded the fighting to 1:1 which is always fun and although the enemies sometimes get really repetitive, in what game do they not?. All in all 10/10 for me Expand
  48. Nov 28, 2011
    Gameplay: 10/10 Featuring highly intuitive controls and a very good use of the Wii remote's buttons. The Wii-Motion Plus enable enemies that cannot be defeated by just waggling the remote. Also, items are needed again and again, rather that in just one dungeon. The dungeons and main worlds are complex and detailed, without being to puzzling. Story: 10/10 An amazing, incredibly longGameplay: 10/10 Featuring highly intuitive controls and a very good use of the Wii remote's buttons. The Wii-Motion Plus enable enemies that cannot be defeated by just waggling the remote. Also, items are needed again and again, rather that in just one dungeon. The dungeons and main worlds are complex and detailed, without being to puzzling. Story: 10/10 An amazing, incredibly long story that is a must play game for any Zelda fan or any fan of games in general.
    Graphics: 9.5/10 Very, very good graphics which rival many photo-realistic HD console games. Some slight grainy pixels are noticeable during still cut-scenes. The art style is also amazing with colorful, yet believable design. Overall: 10/10 This is the best game for Wii ever, and likely the best Zelda game ever, quite possibly being the best game ever. Everyone should play this, ever if they are zealous HD-graphics zombies afraid of anything Nintendo.
  49. Nov 29, 2011
    Although Ocarina of Time will always have a special place in my heart, Skyward Sword has topped it to being the best Zelda ever.

First off, to the people who say the graphics are terrible, how so? Is it because it doesn't look realistic and looks cartoonish? There was only one Zelda game that looked kind of realistic, which was Twilight Princess. THAT game wasn't so great, especially for a Zelda game. In Skyward Sword, I like how the game is colorful. It brings back all of the nostalgia. The art style is amazing; the game was like a moving painting. The cutscenes were the best in the entire series! I was so shocked to see how beautiful the graphics actually were.

The story was amazing as well. It was about time Nintendo gave us an origin story, and boy, they really gave us one. The story starts out pretty simple, go save the girl, but it slowly gets more complex yet engaging as you progress through the game. The characters themselves were great. I think most people will start out hating this one particular guy, but towards the end, he'll be your favorite character. Zelda isn't a princess this time; she's Link's childhood friend and someone he cares about greatly, so you genuinely want to save her. Link himself is the most badass Link ever. Even more badass the Ocarina of Time Link! Although he's his usual silent self, he still shows so much emotion thanks to the graphics. And there are other, GREATER reasons why I think he's so freakin' awesome, but if I say why it'll just spoil the story for you ;) guess you gotta play it for yourself.

But really, although the graphics are stunning and the story is awesome, what REALLY makes this game the best is the gameplay. Seriously. Motion-plus for Zelda was the best thing ever since 3-D graphics. It works perfectly (and those who say it doesn't are just complete idiots), and fighting has never felt so satisfying than ever. The dungeons and puzzles are just perfection, I don't know how Nintendo keeps coming up with new and brilliant puzzles all the time. The only negative thing I can say for the motion plus is that you have to center it by pressing the down button every few hours, but it's not a big deal to just simply press a button.

All in all, this game is a masterpiece. The best game I've ever played for the past decade. For those who've given the game a 0 are just trolls. Don't listen to them. This game has everything. Amazing graphics, terrific story, and the best gameplay gaming has to offer. You don't need to take my word for it; just play the game and you'll see. You won't be disappointed. I mean, it's ZELDA after all!
  50. Nov 29, 2011
    What does Zelda mean for us? For some, it was the beginning (along with Mario) of the resurgence of gaming after the big collapse in the 80s. Others view it as the beginning of games being epic in scope, with vast content, a massive overworld, unique gameplay elements, tough combat and tricky puzzles all rolled into one, a few people can look at Zelda as the beginning of saved data andWhat does Zelda mean for us? For some, it was the beginning (along with Mario) of the resurgence of gaming after the big collapse in the 80s. Others view it as the beginning of games being epic in scope, with vast content, a massive overworld, unique gameplay elements, tough combat and tricky puzzles all rolled into one, a few people can look at Zelda as the beginning of saved data and they could finally clear their cabinets of all those passwords they had been writing down. But I think that most people will think of Zelda as the birth of a legend (pun intended) in the history of video games that many of us have come to love. With all this in mind, I believe that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has also created a new beginning. It's a new beginning for Zelda, gamers, graphics, music, storytelling, gameplay, and for the entire gaming industry in general.
    No doubt by now you've heard all the praise and reviews Skyward Sword has gotten. As of time of this writing, I've counted 24 perfect scores on Metacritic, including perfect scores from big names such as IGN and Game Informer. Now if you are interesting in some trolling, feel free to head over to Gamespot.com, but i digress. What Skyward Sword has done to earn these high reviews is completely justified. In the waning month of the Wii, Skyward Sword shines brightly in the sky to remind us to never underestimate what Nintendo has done, is doing, and will continue to do for the world of video games.
    I'll start off with the story, and I will only mention thing and events that Nintendo themselves released through trailers and press events. So unless you've been under a rock this whole time, consider this spoiler free. Skyward Sword is the beginning of it all. Nintendo has finally given us the beginning of the Zelda timeline (how you decide the timeline should connect is your business, but know that this game is the origin of it all). As always, this is a story of Link and Zelda,and this time it actually means something, gone is the distressed princess that previous served mainly as a plot device and in return, Zelda is an actual person. At the very beginning it shows that Link and Zelda have know each other forever, and in fact there is great chemistry between the two. Zelda is spunky, happy, full of life, and a bit of a tease too, but it's still obvious she cares for Link in a very human sense. It's very nice to see Zelda as more than one dimensional finally. And over the course of the story, she only gets better. Link, while silent as always, is still full of character, maybe even more so than in Twilight Princess. He is very express in his actions and is instantly likable to help us connect as him and to BE him. Whenever a major plot twist happened, it was like Nintendo was reading my mind and had Link react the way I was, especially true with any part involving Zelda. I can't forget to mention Fi, your new traveling companion, and probably should also be considered the comic relief. Because Fi isn't human, she has no concept of emotions or human understanding, and gives very blunt odds of success, but she is still very interesting and her lack of emotion is probably her standout personality trait. As for the main story, it's pretty straightforward. Zelda gets captured and you are the chosen hero to go and save her, eventually having to save the world. Along the way, there are some major plot twist that will strike a chord to every Zelda fan and answer quite a few major questions in the Zelda universe, leading to a complete ending that will lead into the rest of the Zelda lore. But it's the characters that bring us in and keep us on this journey that is so worthwhile.
    Artistically, this game is beautiful, and Nintendo shows again that art style will always outlast polygon count in terms of beauty. If you think of a Twilight Princess modelling on a Wind Waker palette, then you get Skyward Sword. Characters are expressive, the world is bright and colorful, and add a great visual filter that turns distance objects into an impressionistic painting, and you have the greatest thing the Wii has ever made.
    I will be short with sound, it's amazing, I can't imagine ever going back to MIDI have the musical score Nintendo has put together here. It simply must be heard to be believed.
    Gameplay is where Skyward Sword shines brightest. After 5 years, Nintendo has proven motion controls really do change everything. Sword swinging is very accurate, fluid, and necessary. You won't be able to waggle your way through this game. The items you get in the game all benefit from this control, and better, you'll be using all your items throughout the adventure. No items left behind (except for the slingshot for the bow eventually)
    If by now you've noticed, Skyward Sword has in fact ushered a new beginning. Skyward Sword is hands down the greatest Zelda ever made, one that will connect to every gamer out there. To sum this game up in one word, Legendary.
  51. Nov 30, 2011
    best game on the wii and one of the best games ever created, negative coments about this doesn't make sense at all, this is a masterpiece from begining to end..!
  52. Nov 30, 2011
    One of the finest examples in evolution of gameplay, a must-have and one of the best games ever created. If you want it don't be trolled out by bad reviews, just get it and see it for yourself.
  53. Nov 30, 2011
    Fast pacing and spot-on controls make this game the ultimate proof that Nintendo Wii and its motion controls can satisfy even the "hardcore" audience.
    amazing story, brilliant level design, memorable scores and the usual great game play we have been accustomed to when talking about Zelda.
    it is a must have for every video games lover!
  54. Dec 1, 2011
    Controls are perfect. Just throw away your Wii and go sleep if you have control problems. Anyway I'm so blessed that I could play the game during my life.
  55. Dec 2, 2011
    Skyward Sword Shows that the wii still has some life left in it. Its a truly amazing game that excels gamers expectations. The controls are tight and actually feel like your controlling a sword and shield and the implantation of a run button helps so much. Nintendo finally gave an origin story to the franchise a much needed one that captures the same feeling of ocarina of time. A lot ofSkyward Sword Shows that the wii still has some life left in it. Its a truly amazing game that excels gamers expectations. The controls are tight and actually feel like your controlling a sword and shield and the implantation of a run button helps so much. Nintendo finally gave an origin story to the franchise a much needed one that captures the same feeling of ocarina of time. A lot of people say that this game is just as good or if not very close to how good ocarina of time, and i can see why. The graphics are some of the best the wii has ever shown with an art style all its own, the story epic in every way "although still no voice acting" the controls shows us the way the wii was meant to be used, and the music truly blew my mind. Not since ocarina of time and well the original halo theme song did i get chills hearing the music in game. Over all to all this is an amazing game that much like ocarina everyone should play Expand
  56. Dec 2, 2011
    Amazing graphics, awesome gameplay, beautiful level desings, it makes me feel like I am playing majoras mask again, superb upgrades, it took me 75 hours to finish it at 100 %, this is what we waited 5 long years for... ENJOY IT!!!
  57. Dec 2, 2011
    Stupendous! Gamers really can't ask for more. The best Zelda according to me. From the controls, to the graphics, to the story, I was blown away. Nintendo really went all out with this one.
  58. Dec 26, 2011
    The Game's An Overall Masterpiece, Though Sometimes It Can Feel A Little Too Easy, And It's Real Annoying When The Controls Go Off Center. Other Than That,This Should Belong In Anyone's Collection!
  59. Dec 29, 2011
    WHY SO MUCH HATE? This is my first review and I will put this game a 10! you know why? is not because I'm a Zelda fan or a Wii fan... IT'S BECAUSE THIS GAME DESERVES IT! The motion control is NOT PERFECT, but it works very good. The graphics are perfect for being a Wii game. If this game was for PS or Xbox360 the graphics would be really bad but you can't expect perfect graphics for a WiiWHY SO MUCH HATE? This is my first review and I will put this game a 10! you know why? is not because I'm a Zelda fan or a Wii fan... IT'S BECAUSE THIS GAME DESERVES IT! The motion control is NOT PERFECT, but it works very good. The graphics are perfect for being a Wii game. If this game was for PS or Xbox360 the graphics would be really bad but you can't expect perfect graphics for a Wii game like Zelda, maybe for Mario. The plot is captivating and shows us the beginning of the franchise... Now, the formula WORKS AND WILL DO FOREVER! I will never show it's age because it's like this and there are other game like Skyrim and Call of Duty that have almost the same gameplay but with different story for all their games... but they're still good games and.. well, this game is awesome and the music is great so, I really recommend this. jl0329 commented a review for Dinasty Warriors? THIS IS SKYWARD SWORD FOCKING IDIOT!!! Expand
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    this is one of the most creative and beatiful games off all time with some of the most unique graphics to date, this game has the best motion controls of all the games this gen, a 50 to 100 or more hours of adventure with a amazing story, lots of side quests, and great cut scenes this is a long game worth your time and money, this is best game ever
  61. Nov 20, 2011
    From the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazingFrom the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazing control.

Figuring out that certain enemies drop certain things, which can be used for upgrading items was one of the most exciting parts. Definitely will enjoy adventuring all the lands in search of pieces to upgrade my already amazing arsenal of gear.
    beyond that, the cinematics are at peak, and are the best they've ever been. and last, the Graphics are GORGEOUS. i find myself looking at walls, just to see the amazing painting-like artwork throughout the game. over all, a very fun game. Definitely recommend, 10/10
  62. Nov 26, 2011
    Best zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, goBest zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, go back to playing your non cinematic skyrim. Just because a game has voice acting, doesnt make it any better, a perfect example of this is Dragon Age , where they literally killed the saga by adding voice acting along wiht many other flaws. Some argue nintendo is living in the past, but the past is doing a hell lot better than the present and this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  63. Nov 21, 2011
    I can see a problem and It's that this game is the greatest Zelda game, so ,the greatest game of the history, and this is the reason why the trolls or haters were giving bad notes, and it's fine, but in their interior they know that this Zelda is a Masterpiece, the controls, the gameplay, the story, all in this game is fantastic.
  64. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the negative reviews complaining about controls and fetch quests. There's always side quests in any sort of RPG, but they are OPTIONAL. Unless you count items and flames that you obtain in dungeons as fetch quests? Regardless, I've decided the control complaints are simply because you suck at the game. I've had no problems, and this is my favoriteI'm having a lot of trouble understanding the negative reviews complaining about controls and fetch quests. There's always side quests in any sort of RPG, but they are OPTIONAL. Unless you count items and flames that you obtain in dungeons as fetch quests? Regardless, I've decided the control complaints are simply because you suck at the game. I've had no problems, and this is my favorite Zelda game yet. The perfect blend of homages to previous games and new, imaginative elements and design. A must have for any gamer, Wii owner, or Zelda fan. Expand
  65. Nov 21, 2011
    Sound -> 10, it's Zelda, and sounds so good!
    Graphics -> 10, it's not HD, but it's beautiful, amazing design and colorful.
    Gameplay -> 10, 1:1, nothing more to say.
    Story -> 10 too.
  66. Nov 21, 2011
    Es genial, todo es sobresaliente. La música , los gráficos, la historia , las quest secundarias, volar...
    Es un paso evolutivo en la franquicia , las mazmorras. El control perfecto con el wii motion plus.
    La duración es buena.
    Lo tiene todo
  67. Nov 21, 2011
    Simple as this its a good as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and for people who never played that this is your chance to play a game as good as it and its GOTY for me hands down
  68. Nov 21, 2011
    It will make use your head until the end...It's one of the most difficult Zelda compared to the last Zeldas; excellent gameplay associated with a perfect game design. The Legend is back!!
  69. Nov 21, 2011
    This is one of the best games i have ever played. the visuals are stunning and the motion controls feel like it was meant for zelda. it has been receiving some of the best reviews i have seen on the net, getting a perfect 40 from FAMITSU magazine which consists of four different reviewers that review the game and give it a final score. only16 games in existence have achieved this before,This is one of the best games i have ever played. the visuals are stunning and the motion controls feel like it was meant for zelda. it has been receiving some of the best reviews i have seen on the net, getting a perfect 40 from FAMITSU magazine which consists of four different reviewers that review the game and give it a final score. only16 games in existence have achieved this before, Oot being the first. This is truely a game for the ages Expand
  70. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game! Great ideas, new experiences and a story that honors the entire legacy. The graphics are incredible for Wii's capacity and maybe you have to choose wisely your TV and it's configuration before start playing. Orchestras sounds are terrific and the controls REALLY work if you wanna play it correctly. Congrat's, Nintendo. Nobody does it better.
  71. Nov 26, 2011
    A simply brilliant game from the creative minds of Nintendo. The motion control is great fun and the art style really fits Zelda. The characters all have unique personality traits as well as looks. Small details and little changes to the zelda formula make this a refreshing change of pace for the series.
  72. Nov 26, 2011
    just amazing... one of the best games i´ve ever playd...... its beautifull and full of feelings the advernture, the characters, link, zelda, the places, the dugeons... everyting its so amazing... i just love this game.. its a "must have" and... game of the year....
  73. Dec 5, 2011
    A fantastic game from start to finish! The one-to-one movement swordplay made me feel more powerful than any other game i have played. The aesthetics and music complement the game perfectly and give it a truly 'epic' feel. Truly the Wii's swansong release!

Full review at http://infinityfeed.blogspot.com/2011/11/legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-review.html
  74. Nov 20, 2011
    Not the best wii game, is not the
    best nintendo game is not the best
    game of this gene is in the best game I've played in my life ... this game is simply a work of art, beyond anything I've ever played, its graphics are wonderful and are very well defined (eg shadows) and the graphic quality deserves a 10 as well as pc. epic sound and well defined, the soundtrack is a great job
    Not the best wii game, is not the
    best nintendo game is not the best
    game of this gene is in the best
    game I've played in my life ... this
    game is simply a work of art, beyond
    anything I've ever played, its
    graphics are wonderful and are very
    well defined (eg shadows) and the
    graphic quality deserves a 10 as well
    as pc. epic sound and well defined,
    the soundtrack is a great job and
    without comparison, you could
    expect from a Zelda? Wii technology
    used to 100 in this game, see note 8
    enemies moving in front of you with
    total flow while moving the wii
    motion +. overflows innovation and
    gameplay is superb, find those who
    hate nintendo or play pure shooters,
    this is a masterpiece of 10:)
  75. Nov 23, 2011
    one word. awesome. everything that it gets picked on for seems to be absolute rubbish to me, controls are precise, accurate and well polished, artwork is beautiful (graphics snobs can **** right off now) and the gameplay, storyline and soundtrack are beyond what I expected. plus I got it one day early down here in Australia, nearly lost my mind, and haven't been let down since.
  76. Nov 27, 2011
    The game is good. But i do have to question how many 10's you all are giving it. This is far from a 10 as Zelda games go. Skyward Sword is one giant fetch quest with some dungeons peppered in. Twilight Princess was that perfect refinement of the Zelda series up to its point in time. For Skyward Sword to feel like a true departure, they would have needed to do more than add motionThe game is good. But i do have to question how many 10's you all are giving it. This is far from a 10 as Zelda games go. Skyward Sword is one giant fetch quest with some dungeons peppered in. Twilight Princess was that perfect refinement of the Zelda series up to its point in time. For Skyward Sword to feel like a true departure, they would have needed to do more than add motion controls and strip out the exploration of an overworld (a KEY hallmark of the series). Understandably, the developers still needed SS to feel like a Zelda game - which it still very much does - but they would have been wise to completely revolutionize the series with this entry instead of the next one on Wii-U. Nintendo needs a big shot in the arm right now to remind fans that they are capable of pushing the envelope with ALL of its series, as they proved so gracefully with Mario Galaxy. It really does seem to me that all the perfect scores dolled out to Skyward Sword may be the result of advertising deals, rose tinted glasses, or just pure hype. This Zelda is ultimately a disappointment and I am not excited to play it again in all it's tedium and tacked on fetch quests which extend to length of the game. I do agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives, as usual, but there are enough negatives this time around that the game feels like a chore 50% of the time. This is perhaps the Worst Best game i have ever played. (8.5) Expand
  77. Nov 26, 2011
    Don't pay attention to the fools giving out the same excuse for why this game is bad or lacking, following Tom Mc shea's comments. Motion controls are great and fluid. Please find something better to troll. You might also say it's the same old Zelda. But that "same old" has always been sensational. Also anyone who gave this score a zero is not giving a legit review. I give this game a 9.9Don't pay attention to the fools giving out the same excuse for why this game is bad or lacking, following Tom Mc shea's comments. Motion controls are great and fluid. Please find something better to troll. You might also say it's the same old Zelda. But that "same old" has always been sensational. Also anyone who gave this score a zero is not giving a legit review. I give this game a 9.9 which rounds up to a ten. It's not perfect but then again what is. Expand
  78. Nov 29, 2011
    Has the world gone mad???? 30 negative reviews???this is just unbelievable...the game is brilliant having a very impressive art style(even though i liked twilight princess more on regard of the art style)the games motion controls are the best I've seen yet,i think that we might be looking at the game of the year
  79. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is great but not perfect, there's a little backtracking but the beautiful gmeplay and story usually makes up for it. A sold A- nintendo, thanks again
  80. Dec 27, 2011
    This game has me addicted. The amount of dislike is boggling my mind, maybe it is people who have never experienced the series or people who just can not get their head around the controls. But I love it. My favorite of the series was Twilight Princess for the Wii, I also loved Ocarina of Time on both the N64 and 3DS, and LTTP on SNES. However this is very quickly becoming my favorite. TheThis game has me addicted. The amount of dislike is boggling my mind, maybe it is people who have never experienced the series or people who just can not get their head around the controls. But I love it. My favorite of the series was Twilight Princess for the Wii, I also loved Ocarina of Time on both the N64 and 3DS, and LTTP on SNES. However this is very quickly becoming my favorite. The setting of the story is one of the best of any game ever, it is brilliant. The freedom of the skies is more interesting and more beautiful than Hyrule Fields which we all have known and loved for the last 10 games pretty much. The loftwing and its brilliant controls make me want to say "Goodbye Epona!" The story of the game is absolutely sensational as well, a backstory to Ocarina of Time? Amazing! Some little tidbits of the game do get a bit frustrating as well, the dialogue does go a bit slower in this one, but that is just a nuisance, nothing game breaking. The really sad part about this game is your guardian. She is really lifeless and boring, Midna is really a hard character to beat, with her sassy attitude, her cool looks, and her backstory. However they are just side characters so it isn't gamebreaking, however I would like to see Midna return in the next game somehow. At least as a side mission or shown in a background story. The controls are actually surprisingly good, if you got the gold Wii remote which looks amazing, the Wii Motion Plus will be no bother to you, and swinging should not get you tired. The swordplay is a bit off most of the time, doing jabs proves to be pretty hard in intense situations, but it gives a bit more of a challenge. The design of the game is pretty amazing, I have walked around Skyloft quite a few times and just marveled at how amazing it looks and how alive it really feels. Through three temples it does feel kind of repetitive, you collect like 3 or 5 of an item, get in the temple and do your business. But the temples really amazing, especially the Earth Temple I loved its design, the lava, the rolling eye, the boss battle was incredible, that short Indiana Jones moment. Everything was just amazingly fun. The graphics are awesome, everyone got their dark Zelda with Twilight Princess and also got toony with Wind Waker. This is a mash up of the two. It looks like Twilight Princess painted with water colors. The graphics are really fantastic for a Wii game. There are no parts that look really gross in terms of graphics.

For all these reasons I say pick this game up without thinking about it. This maybe the last big game for the Wii, and I must say, what a way to go out!
  81. Dec 22, 2011
    Best Zelda game and best Wii game I've ever played. I beat the game with 100% completion and I was clocked in at 65 hours of gameplay. Huge game for the Wii. Nintendo did an amazing job with this one and it's worth buying a Wii just for this game! If you are even kind of a Zelda fan, BUY IT!
  82. Dec 1, 2011
    This is the Best The Legend of Zelda game ever made... The Story, the mechanics, the gameplay, the characters, the music, everything is a WIN in this game. this was the best way that Nintendo could celebrate the 25 th Anniversary of the franchise (an epic game) This game is fresh air (and a masterpiece) in the middle of all those generic HD "ready" games of this 7th generation. MetacriticThis is the Best The Legend of Zelda game ever made... The Story, the mechanics, the gameplay, the characters, the music, everything is a WIN in this game. this was the best way that Nintendo could celebrate the 25 th Anniversary of the franchise (an epic game) This game is fresh air (and a masterpiece) in the middle of all those generic HD "ready" games of this 7th generation. Metacritic really should do something with all those ignorant haters who put a 0/10 in this and another games, because that is just ridiculous. This game is no way less than 9/10.

For me, this game deserves a 10/10
  83. Dec 1, 2011
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is hands down the greatest game I have ever played. Dungeons are amazing, puzzle are great, story is engaging, and combat works perfectly. One word about combat, once combat finally clicks, for a time the enemies start to feel a little easy. However, just when combat loses its charm, the game provides us with some of the best puzzles I have ever seen. IfLegend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is hands down the greatest game I have ever played. Dungeons are amazing, puzzle are great, story is engaging, and combat works perfectly. One word about combat, once combat finally clicks, for a time the enemies start to feel a little easy. However, just when combat loses its charm, the game provides us with some of the best puzzles I have ever seen. If you have a wii, get this game. If you don't have a wii, get a wii, then get this game. Expand
  84. Dec 3, 2011
    This game is beautiful. The art style is just wonderful and stands ground against these "HD REALISTIC" games such as Skyrim or Modern Warfare 3. The storyline was the best in the series.
    'Two childhood friends, who may secretly be caring for each other more than that, are separated and one will do anything it takes to get the other one back." Amazing.
  85. Dec 4, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is potentially the most anticipated release of 2011 for any system maybe challenged only by The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim. With so much hype and pressure surrounding this "swansong" for the aging Nintendo Wii did this game soar or dive? Other than Super Mario the Legend of Zelda games have continually shown their influence throughout the gaming industry withThe Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is potentially the most anticipated release of 2011 for any system maybe challenged only by The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim. With so much hype and pressure surrounding this "swansong" for the aging Nintendo Wii did this game soar or dive? Other than Super Mario the Legend of Zelda games have continually shown their influence throughout the gaming industry with game mechanics, story developement, and art design. However, some have felt that the Zelda formula that has been used in Zelda games over the past several years has gotten a bit stale, and needed to evolve in order for the series to continue to stay on top of the gaming industry.So, the real question is whether or not Nintendo has changed enough to keep things fresh, and whether Skyward Sword solidify's it's place amongst the top games of all time. The short answer is simple: YES!

Gameplay: 10/10 When the Wii was released we were promised true motion gaming with 1:1 controls for fluid gaming. Unfortunately, Nintendo was not able to deliver on this promise up front, and rectified this mistake by developing the motion plus to enhance motion gameplay. While Ubisoft was the first to truly test Motion Plus gameplay with Red Steel 2, which ended up being fantastic, Nintendo has now given the Wii the game it always deserved to showcase it's motion control capabilities. Skyward Sword's 1:1 sword combat is outstand. It uses a combination of motion plus and IR in order to keep things in check, and offers depth to the fighting mechanics that could have easily become redundant/repetitive. However, I found myself taking a look at the enemy I was approaching thinking about just how I was going to dismantle them. The added ability for Link to be able to sprint is also a major addition to the formula, which doesn't necessarily seem huge, but allows for some significant gameplay changes. With the new quickswap menu for items/tools makes gameplay cohesive, and makes you wonder how you play Zelda without it. If you don't find the gameplay delightful then you might be missing something.

Story: 10/10 Potentially one of the best stories of any Zelda title. Without giving to many details away, this is an origins story for the Zelda series. It doesn't find Link and Zelda in their typical predicaments, which is a breath of fresh air for the series. You will also find yourself caring about other characters throughout, with the desire to try and talk with every villager in the game. Skyward Sword completely captivates, and you may not want to stop playing until to unveil it all.

Graphics: 10/10 The Wii released to prove one thing, and that was to convince developers and gamers alike that what makes a game soar is gameplay not graphics. I think for the most part they've succeded in that endeavor, but Skyward Sword is absolutely gorgeous to look at! It uses a mixture of realistic graphics found in Twilight Princess, and more cel shaded graphics of Wind Waker. The final product is like playing a painting. It really is a work of art, and quite honestly one that only Nintendo could pull off.

Longevity: 10/10 With the main quest promising at least 40 hours of gameplay, and completing everything the game offers will put you potentially around the 100 hours mark. This game will keep you playing for quite some time. In fact it might even have you wanting to play through one more time just to see all of the beautiful locations Skyward Sword has to offer.

Verdict: 10/10 Skyward Sword is a constant reminder why Nintendo is #1. The way they create worlds, characters, and stories is really unique in the gaming industry. No one quite does it the way Nintendo does it, and with games like the Mario Galaxies and now Skyward Sword it just proves this even more. If you're finishing this review then do yourself a huge favor. Either scroll up and purchase Skyward Sword, or run out to your local video game retailed and get it. People of all ages need to experience the greatest Zelda of all time, and quite possibly the greatest game of all time. There is one thing for certain. The negative reviews written for this game are completely unfounded. I've been playing for nearly 20 hours now, and I have had not one issue or control mishap with the motion controls. The negative media surrounding the Wii Motion controls hasn't been completely unfounded, but to wrap this game in to that nonsense is pure nonsense. This game further proves that only Nintendo can create some of the most unforgettable gaming experiences, and Skyward Sword might be the best of the best!
  86. Dec 5, 2011
    Note: I have not yet finished the game. The Legend of Zelda Sword is a remarkable experience. While the graphics are mediocre from a technical stand point, the art style is beautiful, and the scope of the game is breathtaking. The audio is good as well, with some great orchestral music and crisp sound effects. Where Skyward Sword excels is the gameplay, the dungeons are some of the best inNote: I have not yet finished the game. The Legend of Zelda Sword is a remarkable experience. While the graphics are mediocre from a technical stand point, the art style is beautiful, and the scope of the game is breathtaking. The audio is good as well, with some great orchestral music and crisp sound effects. Where Skyward Sword excels is the gameplay, the dungeons are some of the best in the series. The game also breaks old Zelda conventions whilst adding new ones in the process. If there was anything I didn't like about the game that would be the lack of voice acting, and the (OCCASIONALLY) problematic camera. Expand
  87. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is perfect! Amazing history, great graphics except for the Wii's low resolution, nice gameplay. If you are a Zelda fan this is a must have.
  88. Dec 6, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword isnt just the best game on Wii, but is easily the best Zelda game and one of the greatest games ever made. The start puts you in the floating Island above the clouds Skyloft, and later is revealed how it became like that. Progressing through the 30 to 40 hour story makes this one of if not the best Zelda story in history. The first act is adorable withThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword isnt just the best game on Wii, but is easily the best Zelda game and one of the greatest games ever made. The start puts you in the floating Island above the clouds Skyloft, and later is revealed how it became like that. Progressing through the 30 to 40 hour story makes this one of if not the best Zelda story in history. The first act is adorable with showing off Link and Zelda's relationship and the second is amazing with plenty of twists and turns around every corner, it's very engaging. Characters are absolutely amazing, from a new and charming Zelda and the creepy villain Girahim there's never a dull moment with each character you meet. The controls in Skyward Sword were probably my biggest worry when it was revealed to be MotionPlus control, however, those worries can be put to rest, after a little learning curve the controls felt natural and easy to use and can be very enjoyable. When aiming with some weapons though it sometimes loses focus and goes off on it's own sometimes, theirs a button that lets you center the wii remotes aiming, and after a couple hours it too felt natural. The few things people have been worried about is zeldas formula, its usually a dungeon then going through some sort of event to get to the next dungeon, Skyward Sword shows a new direction in that formula, the sky is your main hub, your loftwing is your animal companion this time around and can fly you all across the sky meeting new characters and areas, there's not much to do but what's there is very unique. The land below is where the dungeons are located and here is where you pick up bugs, treasure and other goodies such as weapon's, treasure can be used for upgrades and bugs for money, the map however is a bit linear there isn't a big hub like hyrule field, but what's there still holds a lot incentive to explore. Graphics, they aren't HD but the art style, level design, and overall look and feel make it the best graphics on the Wii and even better art style then other HD counter parts. TheLegend of Zelda: Skyward Sword isn't just the best Zelda and Wii game ever, but is one of if not the best games ive ever played, it will surely amaze you in terms of story and gamplay and show amazing set pieces that can only be described as Incredible 10/10 Expand
  89. Dec 24, 2011
    Best Zelda game so far! I wish there were more areas to explore, like in Wind Waker, but as far as the story goes, it's super. I love the hints that direct towards Ocarina of Time. I hope they're all related.
  90. Dec 25, 2011
    I must say, I don't think I have ever played a game this complete and this in sync with a game system. Skyward Sword delivered the greatest Zelda experience to date. The story is great and the game play is remarkable. This is the game the Nintendo Wii was designed for. This is an experience that will live forever in a gamer's heart.
  91. Feb 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is without a doubt the best game i played in 2011, it is just as good as Ocarina Of Time. The characters, the story, and THE MUSIC. *brain explodes into candy* AWESOME! but the hubworld kinda feels empty and i sometimes have problems with the controls, but those are just minor nitpicks which i can easily resolve with. I had a choice between Batman Arkham city, Sonic generations, and this to pick at gamestop. Even though i was kinda regretful at first, I made the right choice. If Link and Zelda would've kissed, then i would give it an 11/10, but that's not the case, but i will give this game an A+. Expand
  92. Dec 7, 2011
    Okay, so it's not the best Zelda game. But with it's Motion Controls and restructured Zelda formula, it's worth a try for any gamer at all. It may lack in areas that shined in past Zelda games, but the game has obviously taken big steps for the series.
  93. Nov 25, 2011
    A lot of skyward sword is either love or hate. I love the new graphics style as well as the new gameplay elements, however I can easily see why someone would not. The stamina bar for example, could either be seen as something that adds to movement strategy or simply another useless meter to worry about. The graphics could either be viewed as laziness or nintendo's way of creatively usingA lot of skyward sword is either love or hate. I love the new graphics style as well as the new gameplay elements, however I can easily see why someone would not. The stamina bar for example, could either be seen as something that adds to movement strategy or simply another useless meter to worry about. The graphics could either be viewed as laziness or nintendo's way of creatively using the limited power of the aging wii. Speaking of graphics, they are probably (as was with wind waker) the most criticized element of the game. However, I think they're beautiful. Just look into the sky in Faron Woods, or take a stroll through sky loft at night, the impressionist influence really pops. If the graphics style was too realistic, the whole game would lose its whimsical and colorful atmosphere, which could potentially break the game. Combat is excellent, swordplay is now longer just mashing b. Almost all the enemies (save the generic keese/chus) require a special element to defeat them. To provide an example of the depth motion plus gives to combat, remembering OoT when the skullutas just turned around for you? Now you have to horizontally slice them to get them to spin, and then thrust to hit the center. If you thrust first, they just knock into you. All in all, the best time I've had on my WIi in a long time. Expand
  94. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm one of many people that grew up play the Zelda series and I'm probably one of the few that doesn't own any nintendo products besides the gamecube. After watching the gameplay videos, walkt-hroughs, and features I have to say this: GET IT. I planned on getting the Wii just to play Skyward Sword because of the textures, the presentation looks magnificent. I love how they combine the cartoon look from Windwaker and the detail from Twilight Princess. Now if your like me who owns a 360 or a PS3 but grew up with Zelda. then it'll be hard having to adjust to the Wii Motion controls at first try. The story is intriguing, because not only is it a prequel to Ocarina of Time but this also sets up how Hyrule came to be, and the origins of our favorite couple Link and Zelda.

Overall this game is really worth the money to both Casual and hardcore Zelda fans all over the world. Like I mention above if you grew up with the Zelda series during your childhood but own a 360 or a PS3 instead of the Wii I highly recommend getting one just to play Skyward Sword. I'll admit I own a PS3 and play shooters like BF3, MW3, and other PS3 exclusive games but that doesn't change my love for the Zelda series. I have no doubt in my heart that the moment I get the Wii and this magnificent game, I won't be disappointed even though I've only had a few minutes playing this at my local gamestop.
  95. Nov 29, 2011
    it looks like the critics are even trying to sabotage this game, this game is everything i wanted and more well done Nintendo! the graphics are 10 for artistic merit, motion controls 10 for evolving the Zelda franchise, story is the most dramatic so far in the series, sorry but this is getting a 10.
  96. Nov 28, 2011
    Here we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one ofHere we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of those titles. Skyward Sword improves on every aspect of the Zelda series. It raised the bar so high, that future titles (of the series), are going to have one hell of a time flying past the skies and into the stars...

STORY-It's no secret that Skyward Sword is the prequel to OOT, in fact, Nintendo announced that Skyward Sword takes place as the first Zelda title ever. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience that tells the brilliant story about how the series first started. Without going into detail (for the sake of people who have yet to play it), Skyward Sword dramatically changes the way The Legend Of Zelda's story was ever told. Traditionally, Zelda's story has always been about Link saving Princess Zelda from the Evil clutches of Gannon, have a happy ending, and do it all again in 3 to 5 years; this is not the case for Skyward Sword. Skyward Swords story improves in so many ways and with it's great art design, manages to deliver a memorable cast of characters. For those of you hoping for more control of the story, your not going to find it here. Regardless, Nintendo does an excellent job perfectly pacing the story, without ever feeling like your hand is being held the whole way through. Your objectives are quite clear, yet your always asking yourself "how do I get to the next area"? I never felt as if any part of the story was added for the sake of making the game longer. CONTROLS-Skyward Sword defines what a true game experience really is, by using some of the most sophisticated motion controls ever designed for a video game. Forget what you knew about Zelda's button mashing combat, this is a whole new way to control Link; where as before battling enemies was strictly a button mashing obstacle to proceed, now turns into a fight that requires skill and accuracy to reach the next foe. Not only has Nintendo somehow managed to make every enemy and boss battle exciting, they succeeded in implementing motion controls into every aspect of the game, without hurting the experience and making it more tasteful, and appealing, to every type of gamer. The motion controls are a new and welcomed edition to the Zelda franchise; in fact, the thought of exploring the land of Hyrule without motion controls (after using it), would be a step backwards for the series.

GRAPHICS-Nintendo has managed to create a colorful, vivid, land, and some how combine the mature aspect of Twilight Princes together, without making it feel like Skyward Swords art direction was catered for children or adults. Granted most of the Wii's power is used for the Wii Motion Plus, Nintendo still managed to push the limits of the Wii like no other company has ever done before. There were a few times when I found myself wishing Skyward Sword would output in 1080p, but then again who doesn't??? I appreciate the effort that Nintendo made on Skyward Swords graphics, it runs so smooth (compared to current gen titles), I was able to look past the graphical limitations and enjoy the magnificent lands created. SOUND- Zelda + Orchestra = EPIC! Not once did I feel that the music in Skyward Sword never matched. Whether I was opening a treasure chest, or flying through the beautiful sky, Skyward Sword managed to suck me into its world with its tunes. Sound-effects are better than ever and improves on what previous versions offered. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience. There is over an hour and a half of cut scenes and itâ
  97. Nov 30, 2011
    Amazing game:) I really enjoyed it. The story, characters, control and even more were great. The graphics were amazing love the art style. It felt like you were really there! Also, the items were awesome, now it makes it better because of the new item system which it's better than using and switching 3 different items once in a while. The music was great, thanks Koji Kondo! The music feltAmazing game:) I really enjoyed it. The story, characters, control and even more were great. The graphics were amazing love the art style. It felt like you were really there! Also, the items were awesome, now it makes it better because of the new item system which it's better than using and switching 3 different items once in a while. The music was great, thanks Koji Kondo! The music felt good to be alive! The game brought and 25 music anniversary cd which is amazing! I was eating my dinner while listening to it and it felt good and relax some of my favorites were in the cd too:) The enemies were challenging to defeat because it was like a puzzle which its great cause I love puzzles in the Zelda games. The dungeons were amazing and you can go back to them which is awesome! I recommend this game if you play video games! Trust me is a game you don't want to miss:) Expand
  98. Dec 5, 2011
    I judge games on an individual level. I liked the game in itself more than Skyrim, I have more fun. Even IGN reviewers said they feel that Skyward Sword surpassed Ocarina of Time with this one, and if I am correct, IGN are usually biased towards Nintendo games, so..... by saying it surpassed TLOZOOT, they are indirectly saying they feel it is the best game of all time since OOT isI judge games on an individual level. I liked the game in itself more than Skyrim, I have more fun. Even IGN reviewers said they feel that Skyward Sword surpassed Ocarina of Time with this one, and if I am correct, IGN are usually biased towards Nintendo games, so..... by saying it surpassed TLOZOOT, they are indirectly saying they feel it is the best game of all time since OOT is considered by majority of gamers as the best of all time period, not ever really questioned.

Skyrim is great, I think they should tie, but if you have to choose, it's Skyward Sword. And you call it garbage, IGN and GameInformer rated Skyward a 10 and IGN and GI rated Skyrim a 9.5 (but Skyward is garbage...). Skyrim has more perfect scores because it was release 9 days earlier and more promotion, and multiple platforms.

I don't like that there are strictly Skyrim players voting that haven't even given Zelda a try, can't wait for Wii U so people can stop talking about Nintendo's graphics, btw Skyward Sword graphics in my honest opinion are better, it's unique rather than trying to be like everyone else with trying so hard to look realistic... Gameplay > Graphics, that's why Nintendo games are considered the best overall, Quality > Quantity.

And you guys keep saying Skyward is short compared to Skyrim like that matters, same with us saying Skyward has no glitches, but really games are meant to have fun, not try to take your life away (which skyward did for me lol).

Vote based purely on gameplay, and the vote would have to go to The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. Vote based on the game as a whole and the vote would have to go to The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword.

I really hope Skyward Sword wins GOTY.
  99. Dec 7, 2011
    This is the best game of the generation. The art style is timeless, the music is grand and the story is actually emotional and makes you care about the cast, unlike the 90% of western game's stories. But the two things where this masterpiece shines the most is the level design, and the revolutionary 1:1 sword combat mechanics. Playing an action game without motion controls may seem aThis is the best game of the generation. The art style is timeless, the music is grand and the story is actually emotional and makes you care about the cast, unlike the 90% of western game's stories. But the two things where this masterpiece shines the most is the level design, and the revolutionary 1:1 sword combat mechanics. Playing an action game without motion controls may seem a little dull after this. Expand
  100. Nov 28, 2011
    My second favourite zelda game. TP and OOT are joint top. This game has fun gameplay, recalibration is not irritating as people say. The cinematic direction is better than any other zelda game although I prefer TP's art style. The first area and dungeon are boring. Why then do I give this a 10 not a 9? Because although haters gonna hate, Lovers gonna love. Hehehe.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.