The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii

8.0

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1966 Ratings

1. Jan 17, 2012
    This is a perfect wii game! and such a thrilling adventure! The graphics are just absolutely gorgeous and amazing. The soundtrack is mindblowing and the gameplay is just perfect with the wii motion plus!
  2. Feb 28, 2012
    This is by far one of the best Zelda games in history. The gameplay, graphics, and music are just absolutely AMAZING! Nintendo completely took advantage of the potential the Wii Motion Plus has.
  3. Mar 5, 2012
    The game that takes beyond the challenging and worn out mechanics of the saga. A pity Wii's technical limitations, but we would be speaking about a bomb explosion. Perfect in your development, ingenious, varied, entertaining and that uses the possibilities of wii in an exemplary way. The best Zelda and the Wii's best game.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    The story is articulated and is full of characters. The graphics is one of the best i've ever seen on the wii. The new gameplay is a revolution for the saga and the orchestral songs are really beatiful. This is a masterpiece of the history of gaming.
  5. May 28, 2012
    Not quite the masterpiece everyone claims it is, but an excellent entry in the series. Uses the Wii's limited hardware to put forth the best looking game possible that controls the way the Wii should in the first place. 40+ hours of solid, interesting gameplay, side quests and intelligent dungeon designs. A definite purchase if you're a fan of the series.
  6. Mar 13, 2012
    This game is epic! Great story, amazing gameplay and the graphics are the best you can find on the wii. The controller sometimes might be a pain in the ass but ignoring that, this is a masterpiece!!! Totally worth your money!
  7. Mar 24, 2012
    This game is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. The graphics look amazing, the controls are amazing, the world is amazing. Everything is done almost flawlessly. The controls match you every movement and works very well. The world is very compact in this entry with only four main areas to explore, if you count Skyloft as an area. Within these areas though, There is plenty ofThis game is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. The graphics look amazing, the controls are amazing, the world is amazing. Everything is done almost flawlessly. The controls match you every movement and works very well. The world is very compact in this entry with only four main areas to explore, if you count Skyloft as an area. Within these areas though, There is plenty of ideas packed into these few areas. The start does start out a bit slow, but it's worth it. This game has some of the best dungeons the series has ever seen. There are only seven main dungeons this time around but this is an example of quality over quantity. The area you explore before the dungeons also has some puzzle solving and battle elements as well. The sky is a pretty empty area though. There are goddess cube chests which correspond with other cubes on the surface of the world. These includes items but it isn't enough in the large sky in Zelda. There is a wealth of side quests to be had in this adventure with most involving a strange vampire person named Batreaux and getting gratitude crystals. This entire adventure will take you a good fifty hours including all the side quests. This is a must own title for anyone who calls themselves a gamer. Expand
  8. May 16, 2012
    Great story combined with great look and feel. Using the Wiimote as a sword felt natural (mainly) and the skyward sword itself was pretty cool. Some tasks were mundane but the rest of the game is stellar. Could do with voice acting.
  9. Nov 5, 2012
    Innovation is once again brought to the series of legend, Skyward Sword shows what Zelda is really about with an exciting new control scheme, beautiful art style, and engrossing gameplay. A faulty moments here and there is greatly overshadowed by the game's strengths. This is a must have for any Wii owner. 9/10
  10. Jan 5, 2013
    This is my favourite game of all time. No lie. I love Zelda games since Ocarina of Time and this is the best of 'em. It uses the Wii remote in creative, unique en mostly NOT gimmicky ways. The Sword combat was a blast, Ghirahim was awesome and the temples were the best. The overworld was boring though and there were quite a lot of things wrong with this game (I have my own website were IThis is my favourite game of all time. No lie. I love Zelda games since Ocarina of Time and this is the best of 'em. It uses the Wii remote in creative, unique en mostly NOT gimmicky ways. The Sword combat was a blast, Ghirahim was awesome and the temples were the best. The overworld was boring though and there were quite a lot of things wrong with this game (I have my own website were I wrote a longer review I'm not going to name all bad things here) but Skyward Sword is so charming and so innovative, yet still Zelda in every way. Not perfect, I know, but defenitly an amazing game. Expand
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    Been playing this series since the first one on the NES, and this is a fairly solid entry to the Zelda series, but there are some problems. For one thing, I'm pretty sick of the motion controls for the sword, I'd like an option for classic zelda style controls. In heated combat the motion controls feel unresponsive, and many enemies require precision strikes to defeat. The shields feelBeen playing this series since the first one on the NES, and this is a fairly solid entry to the Zelda series, but there are some problems. For one thing, I'm pretty sick of the motion controls for the sword, I'd like an option for classic zelda style controls. In heated combat the motion controls feel unresponsive, and many enemies require precision strikes to defeat. The shields feel utterly useless, they take up a space in your 'adventure pouch' a separate inventory from your normal gear and have a durability meter. The shield is made even more useless by the fact that extreme aggression is usually the method required to defeat enemies, rarely you will encounter an enemy who requires you use the shield. An MMO style grinding mechanic has been introduced: acquire treasures to upgrade your items, most of these come from monster drops, which are randomized, so be ready to grind out some keese in a zelda game to make your shield slightly better. The first boss is very un-zelda-y and feels out of place, you don't even get a chance to use your first dungeon item against it. Instead, it will serve to emphasize how off the controls feel, as you try to move your sword to strike from another angle, only to have it counted as a swing, and get damaged for it. Additionally the "Navi"-like entity accompanying you somehow feels less helpful than Navi ever did. Most enemies you encounter will only have very barebones descriptions which can leave you guessing what you're doing wrong while you get pummeled and struggle against them and the controls. Some of the enemies such as the "Armos" can stunlock you for a good 3-4 hearts in a row, making you very frustrated. This is possibly the first zelda game where I've ever been stunlocked by an enemy that just camps my knocked down body and gets free hits in taking half my hearts. The boomerang appears to be missing, and replaced by a slow flying beetle robot, which has a much different functionality. The beetle is less of a in-combat weapon and more of an out of combat seeker missile/bomber/puzzle tool. All in all, it isn't a bad zelda game, but it really needs more options to allow you to fine tune the controls or completely disable the combat motion controls in favor of standard controller play. With the option to disable motion controls I would have no pressing complaints about this title, but sadly this is not the case. Expand
  12. Dec 4, 2011
    This is a fantastic Zelda game, without a doubt. The story is as rich as ever and accompanied by great characters (perhaps not a strong as Wind Waker's cast) and a stellar musical score. The controls have been entirely reworked to fit the Wii's Motion Plus and, for the most part, it works great. The art direction is gorgeous, having a water paint filter over distant objects. The bosses andThis is a fantastic Zelda game, without a doubt. The story is as rich as ever and accompanied by great characters (perhaps not a strong as Wind Waker's cast) and a stellar musical score. The controls have been entirely reworked to fit the Wii's Motion Plus and, for the most part, it works great. The art direction is gorgeous, having a water paint filter over distant objects. The bosses and swordfights in the game are a lot of fun, although it means that there are less enemies in favor of more challenging fights. However, the game is still pretty easy on the first run and the game doesn't have enough punishments for dying or failing a puzzle.

The overworld is a bit disappointing. Where Wind Waker had multiple creative islands, Skyward Sword has only a handful of platforms. There also only one town, which is saddening. There are only three different areas, each containing two dungeons centering around that regions climate and style. The dungeons themselves are fairly short, but there are usually pre-dungeon areas that you must go through to reach them. Boss Fights are vastly improved from the last console Zelda and practically ooze creativity.

As I said earlier, the motion controls work well for the most part. That doesn't mean they don't have issues. The pointer needs to be centered a couple dozen times each play session and you'll likely need to re-calibrate the motion plus two or three times. Even then, some swings are easily misread. Thrusts are near-impossible to do when in a combat situation and require the utmost concentration to pull off, which can be excruciatingly frustrating when an enemy requires such a strike. The nunchuk is very sensitive in the game and is used for two functions; Shield Thrusts and the Spin Attack. On more than one occasion I found myself accidently pulling out my shield when trying to scratch my nose or adjust glasses. My complaints are mostly just nit-picking, but it can be really annoying to die due to a misread swing.

Overall, Skyward Sword is totally worth a purchase at any price. The game is lengthy, filled with that Nintendo-style charm and topped off with some of the best music in the entire Zelda franchise. I hope Nintendo can fix some of the issues in the next game and give us one of the best Zelda's yet.
  13. Dec 7, 2011
    Easily the second best 3D Zelda. It has the most focus on puzzles throughout the entire game than any other Zelda. The Wii m otion plus is actually pretty decent, and provides an interesting combat system that we haven't seen before, and actually, one that I would really like to see again, if they could do it in a unique way. The only problem people seem to have is that trying to stabEasily the second best 3D Zelda. It has the most focus on puzzles throughout the entire game than any other Zelda. The Wii m otion plus is actually pretty decent, and provides an interesting combat system that we haven't seen before, and actually, one that I would really like to see again, if they could do it in a unique way. The only problem people seem to have is that trying to stab sometimes doesn't work very well. If you stab a little bit more slowly you can usually get it to work consistently, but that's easy to say when I'm not in the heat of combat. But other than that the slicing motions are very responsive and they do exactly what you intend them to do. It also does not have any kind of filler material to the degree some of the other Zelda games had, such as Wind Waker's long sailing distances. There are some slightly long flight distances but honestly it only takes about two minutes or so if I were to guess to fly from one side of the map to the other. So we're not talking anywhere NEAR in the range of Wind Waker's sailing distances. This Zelda game also focused on side quests more than most Zelda games, but still nowhere near the amount of side quests Majora's Mask had. I would like to see another Zelda with Majora's Mask level side quests and non-linearity. The reason I can't give this game a perfect 10 is, well, it's not perfect. The problems I have are very minor, such as the stabbing problem, Fi talking too much and spoiling some puzzles, having to recalibrate the motion plus occasionally, the long intro that the game has, etc. but I wouldn't even be comfortable giving this game a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  14. May 8, 2012
    All the Zelda magic but with a fantastic new control system. It's hard to imagine a better implementation of the Wii motion controller. I've played every Zelda game since Link to the Past and this is a another superb entry to the series. A tighter, less open game structure than Twilight Princess is the only downside. Still one of the best games in existence.
  15. Jan 17, 2012
    Dont listen to the dumb trolls on this site...this game is just as good as OOT. Any true Zelda fan will attest to that. This is a game that MUST be owned and played by everyone.
  16. Mar 20, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is an absolute masterpiece from beginning to end.Just beat the game a 100%, and can now safely say that this game is a true masterpiece.
  17. Mar 22, 2012
    the best game of zelda since ocarina and one of the best for the nintendo wii in also one of the best in ten years andd one of the best in my life dont care about the trolls that say this game ios bad they are obvious fanboys ofother platforms an obiously they havent play the game yet so give it a try if you have a wii you deserve it one of the best games of 2011 and ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. May 5, 2012
    The best game of 2011 and the only title thats on par with OoT. If you were disappointed with Twilight Princess. I can almost assure you that you will have a better time with this. The main problem with this game, however, its the stamina meter, which you will have to just get used. The best part of the storyline, once you finish the game, you'll understand why things happened the way theyThe best game of 2011 and the only title thats on par with OoT. If you were disappointed with Twilight Princess. I can almost assure you that you will have a better time with this. The main problem with this game, however, its the stamina meter, which you will have to just get used. The best part of the storyline, once you finish the game, you'll understand why things happened the way they did in the previous games. (This is the first game in the LoZ timeline) Go pick up this game right now!!! Expand
  19. May 1, 2012
    Skyward Sword deserves to be thought of just as highly as Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, two of my favorite games for their respective systems. There's no question that Skyward Sword will be one of the top games in the Wii's lifetime. The change in controls gives new perspective on how gamers can play a Zelda game, let alone an adventure game, and makes it more than just another iterationSkyward Sword deserves to be thought of just as highly as Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, two of my favorite games for their respective systems. There's no question that Skyward Sword will be one of the top games in the Wii's lifetime. The change in controls gives new perspective on how gamers can play a Zelda game, let alone an adventure game, and makes it more than just another iteration of what I consider to be one of Nintendo's top-tier series. The new setting is full of winks and nods to the games that preceded it and an avid Zelda fan like myself can't help but light up when a reference is noticed. I've played a lot of great games this year, but no other game has made me feel so good about enjoying my time with it. Skyward Sword is engaging, accessible and highly capable of being considered a classic by many in this gaming generation. Expand
  20. Jan 25, 2012
    Easily the best Zelda game ever released. The motion controls are excellent and I love the storyline. The addition for equipment upgrades is also excellent as it gives the player incentive to hunt out as many items as possible to get the best equipment available.
  21. Apr 26, 2012
    Bar none, this is one of the greatest zelda titles that I have ever had the privilege to play. The controls allow for an incredibly sense of immersion and dungeons are well designed and lengthy. This is a great game and a worthy zelda title.
  22. Mar 28, 2012
    it has best gameplay controls and its the best game ever. super mario galaxy 2 can not compare. better than ocarina of time. I WOULD recomend this game. a masterpiece
  23. Apr 6, 2012
    The controls are AWESOME!!! I've never felt such immersion into a game because of this. BUT, without the controls how does the game hold up? One of the best Zelda games there are. Up there (or perhaps surpassing) OOT and Twilight Princess.
  24. May 9, 2012
    Skyward sword has it all. Good old zelda game play, memorable characters and a interesting world to explore. Even if your new to the zelda series i would still highly reccomend this game looking for a epic lengthy adventure. Skyward sword is one of he most colorful and best looking games on wii. The game also works great with wii motion plus. This game is simply a masterpiece that shouldSkyward sword has it all. Good old zelda game play, memorable characters and a interesting world to explore. Even if your new to the zelda series i would still highly reccomend this game looking for a epic lengthy adventure. Skyward sword is one of he most colorful and best looking games on wii. The game also works great with wii motion plus. This game is simply a masterpiece that should be experienced by anyone who likes games in general. Expand
  25. May 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a die-hard Zelda fan I was a little sceptical, thinking the graphics looked a little weird. Now that I've played it, I still think they look weird, but in a fantastically charming way. My favourite game of all time is Ocarina, but I would place this a close second.
    The first major thing in Skyward Sword, after the funky graphics, is the motion plus sword-play. For the first hour (or three) it really annoyed me, because I wasn't very good at it, and got more frustrated when simply wildly swinging the remote actually did worse than me trying properly. The enemy that annoyed me the most early on was the Lizalfos, but by the end of the game, I could kick their asses in seconds, because I had improved along the way, which is an aspect I loved.
    The music and puzzles, which have always been a particular forte of the series, were true to form. I had a blast playing it. This Zelda really pulled away from the endless torch lighting, and block pushing you get in some of the older games (which I love too btw.) Some of the challenges were downright inspiring.
    I liked being able to upgrade items, and having to customize my inventory depending on upcoming challenges. The bosses were fantastic, as well, with the final boss fight being one of the most interesting I've seen for a while (no tennis).
    Some of the new items were brilliant. I absolutely loved being able to look around a room, and plan out what I was supposed to do, without having to move, using the beetle (especially once upgraded). The wind-bag thing kinda sucked because it didn't seem to do anything outside of blowing sand around (it can't even put out torches). I was glad to see the clawshots return - they were awesome in TP, and similarly so in SS.
    The story, of course, was typical Zelda style. It starts out slow, but once you get a little ways into it, it gets so much better.
    There were, however, some niggling annoyances in there too. One such problem was that Fi, the weird, statistically minded alien thing, living in your sword, would constantly try and explain what I was supposed to do, essentially solving the only challenging part of the puzzle for me, to the point where I would simply look away from the screen any time she said anything.
    Another was the overworld. You have literally the entire sky extending as far as you can see, and the only islands other than the main one were some lacklustre mini-games and a rather pointless little bar type thing. Really, the only thing I missed in this game, that made me love some of the older titles (especially Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess) was the grit and mystery of it. It was really cheerful, all of the time. I just wish everything wasn't so obvious all the time. Also, I beat the final boss so fast, without losing any health, because he was way too predictable. Scale it up towards the end Nintendo - we like a challenge. If the enemy is supposed to be the King of Evil, and this terrifying demon which couldn't be killed by the goddesses, why does he bounce off my shield like a stick wielded by a small child?

In all, however, the game engrossed me from start to finish, even with the annoyances, and I strongly recommend people at least try it, in lieu of the dubious graphics.
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    And so it was decided. That Nintendo would release the same game again and again. And again.

The story is the same story in every Zelda game, fighting is the same. and puzzles, although challenging, are just as tedious. I'm glad I switched to the Xbox. This is probably the last Zelda game I will ever buy because I have been buying the same game since Majoras Maks
  27. Dec 13, 2011
    My favorite Zelda since Link to the Past. Possibly even better because it is challenging but not frustrating. Motion Plus adds to the gameplay, and rewards thoughtful swordplay over random bashing; For instance, to kill a 3-headed snake you have to hit all the heads at once, requiring timing and angle.
  28. Dec 13, 2011
    I had my doubts about this game, seeing as how disappointing the last few Zeldas were (especially Spirit Tracks). But this game... wow... simply amazing. The visuals look great but the Wii's hardware limitations are all too apparent here. This game would have looked so much nicer on an actual HD console. The music is aural bliss and probably some of the best in the series. The story isI had my doubts about this game, seeing as how disappointing the last few Zeldas were (especially Spirit Tracks). But this game... wow... simply amazing. The visuals look great but the Wii's hardware limitations are all too apparent here. This game would have looked so much nicer on an actual HD console. The music is aural bliss and probably some of the best in the series. The story is very good and the dungeons/puzzles are some of the best in the series. Motion+ controls work well for combat and really add a new layer to battles, but for everything else, Motion+ is only put to novel use and bares a number of nuisances (constantly needing to re-center, inability to differentiate movement speeds, inaccurate movement detection). Also, the game treats the player as inept. The first few hours of hand-holding become unbearable and the constantly repeating and unskippable text will test you nerves. There are a number of problems with this game, which do add up to a significant amount, but even with that said I truly enjoyed the game and am rejuvenated on the series. Not only is this one of the best Zeldas ever, but it's also one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  29. Aug 4, 2012
    Absolutely brilliant. Played the Oot all the way through and this other entry in the zelda series plays great. The dialouge between characters is hilarious, the gameplay is smooth, solid and extremely enjoyable. Well worth a play
  30. Jan 7, 2012
    Very well done videogame. The story alone makes it amazing! Once you learn how to play this game (it does have a learning curve) you will have so much fun! I am also happy that I actually got Game Over a few times because other Zelda games have been very easy in comparison. All in all: great story, great characters, great game!
  31. Dec 12, 2011
    The Wii has had some very good games in its lifespan- Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Goldeneye 007- heck, even The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. But none surpass Skyward Sword, the game which truly capitalises upon the hardware, using motion controls to play a work of art.

PRESENTATION: Skyward Sword looks and sounds a treat- the impressionistic art style lends itself to the wacky, off-beat characters present here-in and the blur effect- while in use because of the Wii's lack of grunt- creates a beautiful painting in the background. The graphics also aid in the gameplay, accentuating what the player has to do with their new found mastery of the blade. The game also sounds delightful, the orchestrated soundtrack delivering many memorable tunes. The story is the best that the Zelda saga has to offer- deep characters with moving tales told through well-designed cinematic cutscenes. While the lack of voice-acting is a pain, I can understand why it was done- these characters probably wouldn't be quite so fun to talk to if they were being acted out. GAMEPLAY:
    Skyward Sword revolutionises the Zelda formula. It takes what was once only in the dungeons of its world and spreads them out across Hyrule, leaving you with a constant challenge, wherever you go. Skyloft is something of a hub from which you travel to the lands below. There you complete very original challenges and battle foes in an all-new way. In addition, the dungeons themselves are better designed- instead of having dozens of smaller rooms, the puzzles are built across huge halls! Now, the combat. Using super-accurate Motion Plus controls, battles themselves are puzzles which you have to defeat by swinging well. The first boss just goes to show how accurate they are, destroying you if you flail randomly! With 40 or so hours in the main plot, another 10-15 in bonus content like side-quests and then a harder version of the main plot, you are getting a lot of bang for your buck- 80-100 hours? This game is a must-own: the puzzles are brilliant, the monsters amazing, the graphics stunning and the soundtrack awe-inspiring. This has cast off the shadow of Ocarina Of Time is a game that all should play. 10/10
  32. Dec 12, 2011
    This was a great game that I had fun playing through. The motion controls are great to a point, but I found sometimes i would be doing the "right" thing to proceed on a puzzle but not be emphasizing the right movement with the motion controls. I would end up checking online and be like I have been doing that all along. I can overlook those 10 minutes of frustration here and there.This was a great game that I had fun playing through. The motion controls are great to a point, but I found sometimes i would be doing the "right" thing to proceed on a puzzle but not be emphasizing the right movement with the motion controls. I would end up checking online and be like I have been doing that all along. I can overlook those 10 minutes of frustration here and there. Another major flaw in the game is whenever you pick up an item for the first time each session it will go to a big cut scene and be like "oh hoorah you already have 10 of these but you got one for the first time again." The open sky area isn't as cool as Hyrule Field as you can do less exploring, at least put some mini dungeons on those islands or something. Aside from these gripes the dungeons were amazing, boss fights great, and a great story line. The issues i mentioned were the only thing keeping this from a 10. For a title like Zelda it is unacceptable to have these issues. Expand
  33. Dec 14, 2011
    I don't know what some people expect Zelda to "innovate", voices?? some of the best movies of al time don't have any spoken line on them. Character creation, mature looks??? That's not innovation and there are already excellent games that incorporate those elements. Zelda has always been about the dungeons, puzzles and that unmistakable sense of adventure that is present until the lastI don't know what some people expect Zelda to "innovate", voices?? some of the best movies of al time don't have any spoken line on them. Character creation, mature looks??? That's not innovation and there are already excellent games that incorporate those elements. Zelda has always been about the dungeons, puzzles and that unmistakable sense of adventure that is present until the last minute of this game.
    One can only give praise to this fantastic game. Among the very best of this generation and I'd recommend it to anyone who appreciates videogames for much more than online multiplayer, blood, weapons, sex and HD graphics.
  34. Dec 14, 2011
    I just beat the game an hour ago, so you can rest assured that this reviewer actually spent the time to play through the entire game before writing a review. *SPOILER ALERT* I have played through and completed almost every zelda and after this game it finally hit me just how repetitive this franchise has become. Don't get me wrong, i loved the controls, the selection of items was amazingI just beat the game an hour ago, so you can rest assured that this reviewer actually spent the time to play through the entire game before writing a review. *SPOILER ALERT* I have played through and completed almost every zelda and after this game it finally hit me just how repetitive this franchise has become. Don't get me wrong, i loved the controls, the selection of items was amazing and the difficulty is up there with some of the harder zeldas. You really gain a personal connection with zelda in the beginning and honestly I had a hard time putting the controller down because I wanted to save zelda. Unfortunetely after the 4th dungeon the story really dies down until you finish the 6th. and by the time i got to the 3rd dungeon dowsing had become somewhat of a chore, thankfully they changed that with the silent realms which were in fact quite fun and, especially the last two, a challenge. Stamina played a major role that really added to the combat as well as some of the frustrations, upgrading items was awesome until you ran out of things to upgrade. And this game definitely had some of the biggest twists in the story compared to other zelda iterations. But again most if not all of this just felt repetitive, There were great ideas here but they were never fully realized, how i wish zelda was just one massive open world, and that you had to make choices in the way you upgraded your items, and come on nintendo kill off your characters, your zelda fans have grown up, we want a grown up story, I dont mean blood, nudity, and language, i mean let me feel for a loss of one of the iconic characters, let link feel rage as his closest friend dies. Why are the dungeons so linear, design the dungeons to be completed in any order you choose, and make the way you solve the puzzles completely dependent on what dungeons you completed prior. This game had so much potential but fell short, fortunately when compared to other games that have come out this year, uncharted 3, skyrim, batman, portal 2 etc. it easily ranks up there with them if not surpasses them, I loved zelda far more than almost every other game this year, and as much as skyrim. But it does have its faults, if you are new to the zelda franchise you will love this, if you are a veteran you will probably be wishing there was more just like I am, and if your someone who hates motion controls, all I can say is give this one a chance, you wont regret it. As for the score, this game honestly deserves a 9 because of the combat. Sound and story were good, graphics were great for the wii, but because 121 people are obviously giving this game a poor rating without even playing this game, i'm gonna stoop down to their level and give this a 10 to try and get the user score up closer to where it should be. Expand
  35. Jan 17, 2012
    Ok first of to all the people that keep saying that "this zelda is more of the same and is worthless" well can you tell me WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? Elder scrolls VI: Zelda or what???? really people, if you buy a zelda game you already now about 50% of what the concept of the game is ,what changes would you add??? ,making it a hack n slash or removing the dungeons???? NO and beside if you doOk first of to all the people that keep saying that "this zelda is more of the same and is worthless" well can you tell me WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? Elder scrolls VI: Zelda or what???? really people, if you buy a zelda game you already now about 50% of what the concept of the game is ,what changes would you add??? ,making it a hack n slash or removing the dungeons???? NO and beside if you do that the game would be a total garbage. But anyway this zelda is one of the best of the series, the dungeon desing is amazing and the puzzles are really well made not to mention that you can repeat boss fights. The controller is great and makes the combat challenging, if you think that motion controls sucks this game is a proof that when motion gaming is done correctly the games mechanics work perfect and are enjoyable. Expand
  36. Feb 13, 2012
    The legend of zelda: link to the past is one of the first games I can remember playing, and loving. It's nice to see that even after all those years that Nintendo remembers what makes the series great, and sticks to its roots in the latest installment. I wasn't too crazy about the new look at first, but it really does grow on you, and the motion controls worked as I expected. If you'reThe legend of zelda: link to the past is one of the first games I can remember playing, and loving. It's nice to see that even after all those years that Nintendo remembers what makes the series great, and sticks to its roots in the latest installment. I wasn't too crazy about the new look at first, but it really does grow on you, and the motion controls worked as I expected. If you're having trouble with the controls, I suggest trying a different room, tv, set-up, anything, as I've heard of others having problems only in one room. All that said, this is a zelda game, and while the main enemy is a bit lackluster, I found it to be darn good game. Expand
  37. Mar 25, 2012
    It's Zelda, so of course it's great. But what I wasn't expecting was how much fun it was to learn how to sword fight. For the first time in years, I felt there was a learning curve I had to master. Battles were difficult in the beginning until I gained skill and finesse with the sword. The other highlight is the art style. The Wii can't compete with HD, so instead they opted forIt's Zelda, so of course it's great. But what I wasn't expecting was how much fun it was to learn how to sword fight. For the first time in years, I felt there was a learning curve I had to master. Battles were difficult in the beginning until I gained skill and finesse with the sword. The other highlight is the art style. The Wii can't compete with HD, so instead they opted for creativity. The impressionistic paint style is so pretty, I felt like the real world looked boring in comparison every time I stopped playing. The story is interesting and feels a little less generic and archetypal than some in this series. Expand
  38. Jun 10, 2012
    Amazing game, the controls works great, someone saying different can't set up there Wii's correct.
    Music is very good start to finish, story best to date, graphics beat PS3 anyday even on the Wii, now stop reading and go buy it, you won't be sorry!
  39. Aug 6, 2012
    this game is amazing as Twilight Princess! The sound is freaking authentic, Gameplay looked awesome. This was an epic Zelda adventure! Its a must buy
  40. Feb 21, 2013
    Somehow, this feels more like Studio Ghibli than even "Ni No Kuni." I adore the art design and graphics of the game so much, it's probably my second favorite looking "Zelda" behind only "Ocarina of Time." Awesomely enough, how incredible it looks is matched (and often exceeded) by its great storytelling, pace, and controls. I don't think I ever became more emotionally invested in aSomehow, this feels more like Studio Ghibli than even "Ni No Kuni." I adore the art design and graphics of the game so much, it's probably my second favorite looking "Zelda" behind only "Ocarina of Time." Awesomely enough, how incredible it looks is matched (and often exceeded) by its great storytelling, pace, and controls. I don't think I ever became more emotionally invested in a "Zelda"... or any solely Nintendo title, come to think of it. There are moments when the plot beats and the music accompanying them are simply awe-inspiring. I'm also in the camp that firmly believes its place in "Zelda" mythos as the first chronologically (and how the rest of the games fit together because of it) is genius. There's no other word for it except genius. I never thought it possible to logically and practically link every game in this series, but so help me, it REALLY works! However, I do have a rather large problem with "Skyward" that cannot be ignored (and is the only reason I didn't rate it a 10): it's insanely easy in every area (save combat) and it never allows itself to become more complicated at any point before it ends. With every quest, puzzle, and whatnot, you have Fi giving you advice and flat-out hints and, as if that's not enough, there's those miserable stones that basically reveal everything to you if you so inquire. It's ridiculous to me, considering the very foundation of the "Zeldas" is exploration and discovery. It's a shame Nintendo also decided to carry this ability to find out everything about everything without having to do anything over to the 3D release of the aforemenioned "Ocarina" (the reason the N64 version is still the ace). Expand
  41. Sep 11, 2013
    The story is amazing. The gameplay is better than ever. I can't imagine me playing another legend of zelda game without motion controls. The feeling of actually controlling the swords and your attacks is amazing. I recommended this game to all my friends, and I recommend it to whoever is reading my review. Ignore the Negative reviews, they are on the Ocarina of Time band wagon.
  42. Dec 6, 2013
    Amazing. This game takes advantage of all of the Wii's capabilities, and is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played (a word that I seldom use for games). Surprised it made me feel this mushy, but the characters are actually well made this time around! Gameplay and puzzles are perfection too. Before playing this game, I said that nothing could ever beat Twilight Princess, but nowAmazing. This game takes advantage of all of the Wii's capabilities, and is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played (a word that I seldom use for games). Surprised it made me feel this mushy, but the characters are actually well made this time around! Gameplay and puzzles are perfection too. Before playing this game, I said that nothing could ever beat Twilight Princess, but now I'm in doubt. Hope the Wii U gets a Zelda game half this good. Expand
  43. May 9, 2014
    na minha opiniao esse é o melhor the legend of zelda de todos os tempos o game é muito épico eu
    tambem acho que ele é o melhor jogo do mundo eu do a nota maxíma para ele 100 de 100
  44. Mar 3, 2016
    An instant classic. Everything is vibrant and beautiful, from the story to the wonderful breathing world it creates. If you can't handle the controls, it's not the controls problem, you probably have to get good at it. No more auto-targeting arrows with Z for you mister.
  45. Dec 15, 2015
    para mi fue un juego visualmente una obra de arte graficamente es mejor que twilght princess jugablemente es mejory su historia es hermosa un juego que donde los pozzles son de lo mejor de los ultimos tiempos
  46. Mar 10, 2016
    Skyward Sword had a lot to ride on it. And it definitely lives up to the hype. Nothing truly describes the art that is the Skyward Sword. As the game that must serve the role to tell the beginning of a legend, and a game that must continue a legend, Skyward Sword absolutely absorbed me into it's story, it's world. Nothing has ever been like it. And I don't think anything will ever be like it.
  47. Aug 10, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best Zelda games ever made. The Wii motion plus makes combat both fun and difficult, and the game has a very interesting story.
  48. Jan 9, 2017
    This is a pretty damn good Zelda installment. The graphics look nice, and the music is good. But the plot is one that I didn't really care for and the motion control is just plain bad, though not so bad as to tarnish the whole experience. Overall, I recommend you check it out, as it's really a fun time.
  49. Jan 5, 2012
    This game is great, and in my mind re-legitimatizes the Wii. The main thing I was happy with in this game was the controls, they are wonderful! The story great, and predictable of course, and winding your way through settings is super fun. This game can get frustrating, but no matter what your having fun.
  50. Dec 30, 2011
    An amazing addition to the Legend of Zelda series; beautiful art style, great characters, and fun game play. My only (minor) gripe, is that sometimes the controls feel a little wonky, e.g. the sword will lose sync with the Wii-mote, but it doesn't take much to get it back on track. In all, if you're looking for another fantastic adventure in the Zelda universe then Skyward Sword isAn amazing addition to the Legend of Zelda series; beautiful art style, great characters, and fun game play. My only (minor) gripe, is that sometimes the controls feel a little wonky, e.g. the sword will lose sync with the Wii-mote, but it doesn't take much to get it back on track. In all, if you're looking for another fantastic adventure in the Zelda universe then Skyward Sword is defiantly down your aisle. Expand
  51. Mar 29, 2013
    Fi: Thank you.
    Me in tears: No, Fi, thank you for everything.

The most equally beautiful and saddest moment in any game I've ever played.
    This game is a work of art and the absolute pinnacle of Nintendo.
  52. Nov 3, 2015
    Almost on par with Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, but the gimmicky wii motion controls can be troublesome at times, especially in the most dire situations.
  53. Mar 4, 2012
    Skyward Sword was meant for the Wii. Motion controls for this game have been perfected and the game-play is among the best in the entire series. Though the story of Skyward Sword doesn't compare to that of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, to me it held its own with the new dungeon system requiring the completion of puzzles leading up to the dungeon as well as in the dungeon itself.Skyward Sword was meant for the Wii. Motion controls for this game have been perfected and the game-play is among the best in the entire series. Though the story of Skyward Sword doesn't compare to that of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, to me it held its own with the new dungeon system requiring the completion of puzzles leading up to the dungeon as well as in the dungeon itself. I also really enjoyed the ability to collect resources to upgrade weapons and equipment. I would highly recommend this game to anyone wanting a good game for the Wii and definitely to fans of the Legend of Zelda series. Expand
  54. Jul 16, 2012
    I waited to play this game due to mixed fan reviews. Eventually I was convinced, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The MotionPlus controls are a blast and not as finicky as everyone claims; in fact, they just add to the overall experience. The "backtracking" isn't as repetitive as people claim either; each area is revamped and changed with all new challenges. TheI waited to play this game due to mixed fan reviews. Eventually I was convinced, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The MotionPlus controls are a blast and not as finicky as everyone claims; in fact, they just add to the overall experience. The "backtracking" isn't as repetitive as people claim either; each area is revamped and changed with all new challenges. The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful, and the story line is simply fantastic and perfect in every right. By the end of the game I was in tears; because I had beaten my first every Skyward Sword experience, and because the touching story line was concluded expertly. Touches of humor and a nice difficulty level are also good embellishments. This is the best game I have ever played, and everyone else should have the bliss of playing it at least once. Expand
  55. Jan 6, 2012
    An amazing game in all ways. The graphics are pretty, the storyline is engaging, and this game sets all other zelda games up by being set before the others. The bosses are cinematic and never get old.
  56. Jan 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Note: This review contains COMPLETE honesty. I will give praise the the parts to ONLY deserve praise. I will hate on the parts that deserve hate. After hearing all the praise for this game and the perfect scores, I got really excited to play this, and expected the best Zelda game ever. Sadly, that is not what happened, I ended up completely agreeing with GameSpot's review. First I would like to say the graphics are absolutely beautiful. The makers of this game took advantages of the Wii's limited abilities, by creating a beautiful painterly-like landscape. On the bad side though, the blurs in the background really hurt my eyes, and could have been either removed or less blurred. The music in the game is absolutely gorgeous!! I found myself listening to a lot of the music on youtube. However, the sounds people make are a bit awkward and could have been removed or improved on. The story was probably the most disappointing part of the game. The story is VERY obvious. (Have you ever realized that the white dress Zelda wears is the same as the the one the goddess statue wears? Have you noticed the silhouette of the goddess in the prologue looks exactly like Zelda?) There are other spoilers in the game itself, but I'm not going to point them out. It's like the makers of the game were trying to give away the entire story to us! Not to mention this game was supposed to touch upon Ganon's creation, but it felt as if they slipped it in at the end. I was expecting to be like "WHOA THAT'S HOW GANON WAS CREATED? Mind=Blown," but instead I was like "oh." And I must complain, Demise is probably the most unimaginative name EVER. Not to mention his design kind of looks like a rip-off of something you'd see in a M rated game. And the final boss with Demise felt rushed and also a rip-off of Ganondorf's final battle in Twilight Princess. What I do not understand the most is Ghirahim. Yes, he flamboyant, yes he is fabulous, but why do the fan-girls go crazy over him? There have been plenty of feminine insane bloodthurst villains in animes and movies, so WHY? I also noticed that the fans try to make Ghirahim more "deeper" and "fleshed out" than he really is, which pisses me off. I understand the makers of the game were trying to make him the complete opposite of Ganondorf but this just doesn't cut it. As for Fi, I thought I would really like this character, but I just couldn't. She constantly telling us the obvious ( Personally I think she's worse than Navi), and I'm not afraid to say I was happy when she had to leave at the end. And Zelda, when I first saw her in the E3 2011 trailer, I hated her. I hated her design, and after playing the game, it doesn't change my opinion about her. She seems like a cliche "kawaii desu" anime girl, who seems to giggle at every little thing. Not to mention it seems a little pointless for Hylia to reincarnate herself as a human for reasons relating to Demise, but then she is used to resurrect him? Seems a little pointless to me. Game play was alright. The controls either work for you, or they don't. Which is a problem. In the nest Zelda game, I hope they make sure the controls work 100%, so we don't have to complain. All in all, this game could have done better, I wouldn't have minded waiting another year for this game, maybe they would have been able to make this game better than it already is. Expand
  57. Jun 1, 2012
    Those of you giving The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword low scores have clearly had trouble playing the game. Here's the rager's patterns : Play Skyward Sword. Fail. Think "Ok, I'll try again". Fail again. Rage. Throw control at wall/door/television/family member/cat. Go on Metacritic. Type in "The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword", hands shaking in rage. Type in a common rage comment. "THISThose of you giving The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword low scores have clearly had trouble playing the game. Here's the rager's patterns : Play Skyward Sword. Fail. Think "Ok, I'll try again". Fail again. Rage. Throw control at wall/door/television/family member/cat. Go on Metacritic. Type in "The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword", hands shaking in rage. Type in a common rage comment. "THIS GAME IS AWFUL. THE CONTROLS SUCK. THEY MADE ME FALL OFF A LEDGE 40 TIMES. GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN." I mean, come on people. When you comment on lack of voice acting, it's so clear that you're commenting on something trivial becuase you couldn't think of much else. Skyward Sword is a brilliant game. The composing is amazing, the graphics are very attractive. The gameplay is hours of brilliant fun which can never get boring to me. Hell, I've not actually finished Skyward Sword. I'm at the last boss battle. (You know, the guy with the fire hair.) I failed but didn't rage. I camly put down my controler and say to myself "i'll do it another time." The fact that I've dragged out this game for months (since christmas, actually.) added to my enjoyment. It's the longest game I've ever played. And I usually finish games within 1-6 hours of getting them. So, a word to everyone - drag out the gameplay. It's really worth it. Expand
  58. Jan 22, 2012
    Skyward Sword is definitely one of the best Zelda games released in a while! With Zelda's signature way of using new graphic styles, the use of the Motion Plus (which, unlike the Wii version of Twilight Princess, is NOT a gimmick), and memorable characters and dungeons, Skyward Sword could easily give most Zelda games a run for their money- maybe even Ocarina of Time! The "painterly"Skyward Sword is definitely one of the best Zelda games released in a while! With Zelda's signature way of using new graphic styles, the use of the Motion Plus (which, unlike the Wii version of Twilight Princess, is NOT a gimmick), and memorable characters and dungeons, Skyward Sword could easily give most Zelda games a run for their money- maybe even Ocarina of Time! The "painterly" graphics make this adventure stunning, while also shrouding the fact that the Wii's visual ability isn't that great. The Motion Plus makes this a game where you must think before you act. No more frantically shaking the controller to defeat enemies! No, you have to plan out each strike before it happens, otherwise it will be blocked and somehow turn on you. Each dungeon utilizes all of your items, not just the one you recieved thirty seconds ago. There are only a few downsides to this game- for starters, there's no main world map. You fly to a certain spot in the sky and then descend onto the surface area, close to the dungeon. The music instrument of this game- the harp- is also a useless attempt to keep an instrument in the game. If you see butterflies, you randomly strum the harp to get a pedestal to appear, then you strum in time with a pulsing light. Learning new songs is pointless, because playing one song is no different from playing another.
    However, despite these minor setbacks, Skyward Sword is still an amazing game. With the new flight system, new motion controls, new upgrade systems, and new items, this installment is no "Nintendo re-hash". A lot of things in this game are new and exciting, and definitely worth getting.
    Skyward Sword, I will never forget you.
  59. May 19, 2012
    Although this is a great game, I am not saying this is the best Zelda game by no means. All the flying around makes me feel like I'm back in the Windwaker with sailing accept for flying in this game. The fact that you half to return to desert, woods, lava over and over again takes away from the game. I like it, best wii game of 2011 for sure but it doesn't feel like a true Zelda game in myAlthough this is a great game, I am not saying this is the best Zelda game by no means. All the flying around makes me feel like I'm back in the Windwaker with sailing accept for flying in this game. The fact that you half to return to desert, woods, lava over and over again takes away from the game. I like it, best wii game of 2011 for sure but it doesn't feel like a true Zelda game in my opinion. I take Twilight Princess over this one for dungeons, items, story. Expand
  60. Jul 12, 2012
    9.5 - While some of the latter game feels unnecessary and tacked on, this is what I've been wanting in a Wii title ever since I first saw the console. The controls are fantastic with spot on swordplay. The music is incredible and varied, not to mention absolutely beautiful. The story is excellent, and the many colorful locales you visit are full of life and character. There are an9.5 - While some of the latter game feels unnecessary and tacked on, this is what I've been wanting in a Wii title ever since I first saw the console. The controls are fantastic with spot on swordplay. The music is incredible and varied, not to mention absolutely beautiful. The story is excellent, and the many colorful locales you visit are full of life and character. There are an incredible amount of things to do and see, and everything is memorable, from the characters to the world itself. It's pure Nintendo magic at it's finest. Expand
  61. Jul 20, 2012
    This is the best use of motion controls ever seen in a video game. This game is packed full of content. The story is interesting and the graphics are perfect. The amount of sidequests adds on even more to the length of the game. Everything about this game is perfect. It takes Zelda, Nintendo, and the wii to new heights, as this is one of the most innovative games that has ever seen theThis is the best use of motion controls ever seen in a video game. This game is packed full of content. The story is interesting and the graphics are perfect. The amount of sidequests adds on even more to the length of the game. Everything about this game is perfect. It takes Zelda, Nintendo, and the wii to new heights, as this is one of the most innovative games that has ever seen the light of day. Expand
  62. Jan 28, 2012
    Just play it and see how much fun and rewarding this masterpiece is! The story is quite awesome though not able to top some other games yet the music here is just amazing! The graphics are cell shaded which does not require much hardware yet the graphics are so well done, it may have pushed the wii almost to its limits. The gameplay overall is just amazing with the wonderful and adjustableJust play it and see how much fun and rewarding this masterpiece is! The story is quite awesome though not able to top some other games yet the music here is just amazing! The graphics are cell shaded which does not require much hardware yet the graphics are so well done, it may have pushed the wii almost to its limits. The gameplay overall is just amazing with the wonderful and adjustable controls and the level designs as well as boss fights were just awesome as well. A definite game of the year title and a wonderful game to add to anyone's collection! Expand
  63. Mar 7, 2012
    Pretty darn good. Third best Zelda in the bunch only to A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. The water color art style looked great yet I am really hoping for a more realistic art style in the next installment on the Wii U
  64. Jan 16, 2012
    Every few years there comes a game that is so wonderfully made, that no matter what console you own, or what genre is your favorite, every gamer needs to play. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of those games. Those familiar with the Legend of Zelda Series will instantly recognize â
  65. Dec 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay where do I even begin? This game is a masterpiece and a must have for all of the gamers out there. This game brought me back to the "good old days" when I would sit in my room, away from all distractions playing some Zelda. I spent my entire week playing this game and didn't face a single moment of boredom. The only annoying thing about this game was having to reset the calibration on my wii motion plus controller every now and again. Despite the resseting issues, the motion sensing gameplay was fantastic. I did miss the Zoras and Dekus but the replacement kikwis, parella and mogmas are a new look at the Zelda universe and are actually pretty cool. The boss battlesgradually grow harder as you proceed into the story. The environment is huge. Flying your loftwing is great. The entire game is compelling and, as hard as it is to say this, matches the greatness of LoZ OoT! Expand
  66. Jan 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was my favorite The Legend of Zelda game, but it had a few small flaws. For one, I loved the new style; there were so many more colors compared to the others. It really brightened up the game, especially Skyloft. Very pretty. I also liked how in this game, instead of Link risking his life to save some random princess, Zelda was his best friend, someone who he really cared about. It made the game's storyline so much better, in my opinion. I really hope the next one will be somewhat like that. I especially liked the new weapons- the Beatle, the Whip, and the Gust Bellows. A nice mix-up in the tools. I enjoyed seeing what they would do. Flying around was amazing, something I had always wished was in a Zelda game. The lack of islands with stuff to do on them was a bit disappointing, but not a big flaw. The side quests and mini games were great, especially the Thunder Dragons Lighting Round. Beating the bosses again was something I looked forward to when playing the game, and you could earn some valuable things. It was a little weird not just receiving the Hylian shield, but it was a fun twist. The dungeons were amazing- VERY, very cool! I enjoyed all of the things you had to do to get through them; the puzzles really made you think! But it was better then zipping through the game. Upgrading equiptment was a bit of a challenge, considering a few things made you wait a bit to get them, like the tumbleweeds. I was running EVERYWHERE around Lanyura Desert, trying to find them.... It made me go crazy when I missed one, but it was fun. Many of the bosses were a bit of a challenge to figure out how to beat them, but the game is made for thinking! The Gate of Time was great, in the aspect that when you went back in time, it wasnt just a Temple, or place, it was the whole thing, like a portal. Finding the sacred flames and making the sword into the Master Sword was much better then just receiving it, and the Skyward Strike was awesome. A few of the things I didnt like were the interactions with the people in Skyloft. You had to hear them repeat things many times, especially with buying the potions. I bought heart potions for the dungeons, and I was annoyed with the fact that you couldn't skip through their talking. But, oh well. I also didnt like the fact that there were monsters roaming Skyloft at night; it made it very hard to catch bugs with out the distractions. I didnt like turning a corner and having to fight off another cat thing.... And Fi. She got on my nerves after awhile, with the 'I have calculated a 90 percent chance that this carving will unlock the door', or her just repeating things you already know. I didnt exactly like fighting Ghirahim and The Imprisoned more then one time; I kinda wanted something new.... And the ending- For me, it was a HUGE disappointment. I expected it to continue after you beat Demise, like it continued in the other, older games. Either that, or continue it with a longer cut-scene. I didnt like how it left you hanging; It would have been nice to know more of what happened after their world was 'rid of evil', or as I mentioned, let the game continue. Sealing Demise in the sword was weird, and I didnt like how it was used as his prison. You might guess all of the monsters were gone, and everything went back to normal, ect... All in all, though, I really enjoyed playing the game. It was thrilling, and defialty outstanding. Given that it was played on the Wii made it 10x better, because you felt like you were swinging the sword, or shooting the arrow. I played the game for 63 hours, and the game never messed up once; No lag, no freezing, and it was very precise, very clear. I was never once frusterated with the game play, and I was always amazed with the graphics (Shading, movement, detail, ect.) An absolutely wonderful game despite the small flaws. I was very impressed with Skyward Sword. Expand
  67. Jan 2, 2012
    This was an accumulation of past Zelda games coming together to make the perfect Zelda game. The enviroment and setting was the most beautiful SD game I've ever seen played. My only gripes were the dungeons whilst innovative and clever were a bit too easy compared to say Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and the motion controls were awkward with certain enemies, especially the fwd stabbingThis was an accumulation of past Zelda games coming together to make the perfect Zelda game. The enviroment and setting was the most beautiful SD game I've ever seen played. My only gripes were the dungeons whilst innovative and clever were a bit too easy compared to say Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and the motion controls were awkward with certain enemies, especially the fwd stabbing motion never worked for me properly, sometimes I died due to Link not following my commands due to the Wii remote. The humour was Unique to Zelda as usual and the story telling was 1st class, a really excellent different take on the tried and tested Zelda formula. cooking games, pandora, limewire Expand
  68. Jan 2, 2012
    Don't hate this game because YOU can't figure out the motion control's just yet. Or because you think the graphics "suck" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! LOOK AT OCARINA OF TIME or even the very first Zelda game! It is supposed to be somewhat kid oriented, but that has always been part of the Zelda charm and HELLO it's a NINTENDO GAME. I love how they use tons of Zelda and Nintendo logic for theDon't hate this game because YOU can't figure out the motion control's just yet. Or because you think the graphics "suck" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! LOOK AT OCARINA OF TIME or even the very first Zelda game! It is supposed to be somewhat kid oriented, but that has always been part of the Zelda charm and HELLO it's a NINTENDO GAME. I love how they use tons of Zelda and Nintendo logic for the puzzles. Like rotating the sword to make the eye dizzy. If I could give this game a high rating I would! It's exactly like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Windwaker all into one amazing game!! BEST GAME of the series in my opinion, and please note I started playing Zelda games at the age of seven. What makes this game the best: Realistic fighting, you don't just swing your sword to kill enemies because some of them especially Ghirahim will know where you are going to strike. By the way, best villain ever definitely compares with Gannondorf! Side Quests are just awesome and have also always been a part of what makes a Zelda game a Zelda game. The art style of the game makes me feel like I am playing a classic Zelda game and watching a Disney movie at the same time! It's a game that isn't beaten in just a day or two, it takes time to work through the game and figure out, which is awesome. Well worth the money! Its a breeze of excitement and wonder. How can you not love/like this game or at least give this game a worthy rating?! It's okay because in my book it's a perfect 10, oh hey look 583 positive to 131 negative, hope my score helps ;P Expand
  69. RRR
    Jan 3, 2012
    There are simply no words for how good The Legend of Zelda is. All of the games that have been launched into the market by Nintendo are great, but Skyward Sword is really amazing. I have not been able to stop playing it, since I got a few days ago. Nintendo Repair Shop
    www nintendorepairshop com
  70. Jan 4, 2012
    I think that after playing it for a while, I can say that this is another jewel product of the mind of Shigeru Miyamoto, the story is simply amazing, the soundtrack is outstanding, but graphics and gameplay are not as great as you expect, also is such a shame that wii doesn't have HD =(
  71. Jan 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. is perfect, I put the 10/10, very nice graphics, fantastic story
    and has many more items and gadgets!(compared to other Î
  72. Jan 6, 2012
    Outstanding game! Nintendo have stayed true to the Zelda franchise and delivered something that I will definitely be playing multiple times! The controls can take a little while to get used to and did sometimes get frustrating when trying to aim which is why it has lost its 10 rating from me.
  73. Jun 17, 2012
    A truly gorgeous game with an engaging story, masterful controls and epic soundtrack. This is an adventure you don't want to come to an end. The only glaring flaw is see in this game is that the tutorial is way too long and a little off putting, but after that its an epic journey until the end.
  74. Feb 5, 2012
    Being the first true Zelda game for Wii, any Wii owner should consider picking this up. The story is full of interesting characters and great cinematics, despite lacking voice acting. The game play itself is what really shines. Now the challenge is spread into the environment, meaning that you will be solving puzzles, completing tasks, and even acquiring items outside dungeons. Taking anBeing the first true Zelda game for Wii, any Wii owner should consider picking this up. The story is full of interesting characters and great cinematics, despite lacking voice acting. The game play itself is what really shines. Now the challenge is spread into the environment, meaning that you will be solving puzzles, completing tasks, and even acquiring items outside dungeons. Taking an idea from metroid, you will revisit areas with new equipment and at new points in the story to discover new areas. The controls are also great. The implication of Wii motion plus is not just a gimmick. It detects the actual direction the Wii remote is pointing/tilting, which is used to produce precise sword combat and other controls, such as riding your loftwing. The graphical style is actually art. Up close textures are clear and vivid but in the distance things appear like a painting, slowly coming into focus as you move closer. The only downsides are that some bosses are revisited too many times (ghirahim and the imprisoned have 3 forms!) which can get a bit repetitive. Also, the game could use a bit more exploration, voice acting, and the upgrade system, although a great idea, feels a bit grindy for a Zelda game. But all in all, this is my third favorite Zelda, behind A Link to the Past and in front of Majora's Mask. You owe it to yourself to give this a try. Expand
  75. Sep 19, 2013
    well I did not like Twilight Princess I really like the hybrid between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess's graphics it looks like a water colors and just adds a whole lot of life to game the gameplay is just as good the controls are pitch perfect I never have ran into a problem with this game the story is mind blowing and just amazing the characters have matured so much I wonder what willwell I did not like Twilight Princess I really like the hybrid between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess's graphics it looks like a water colors and just adds a whole lot of life to game the gameplay is just as good the controls are pitch perfect I never have ran into a problem with this game the story is mind blowing and just amazing the characters have matured so much I wonder what will Zelda look like in the next generation Wii U the Music is perfect no complaints at all the game is just perfect I beat it 23 times and haven't gotten bored this is just pure Nintendo magic 10/10 from me no regrets Expand
  76. May 15, 2012
    The best game on wii hands down and the only game that uses motion controls where I didn't feel like it would be improved by a regular control scheme, or by not existing period.
  77. Jun 24, 2012
    This game captures the essence of Zelda and everything you love about it and enhances it. Quite honestly, the Wii Motion Plus controls were just an additional pleasure. The story shows the very origin of all that is Hyrule and its inhabitants, the world becomes a real dungeon design rather than mindless scenery, dungeons require thinking and timing, and fighting has never felt so amazing.This game captures the essence of Zelda and everything you love about it and enhances it. Quite honestly, the Wii Motion Plus controls were just an additional pleasure. The story shows the very origin of all that is Hyrule and its inhabitants, the world becomes a real dungeon design rather than mindless scenery, dungeons require thinking and timing, and fighting has never felt so amazing. The graphics truly bring out a style that defines Zelda to the maximum and the music being orchestrated simply added to the amazing feeling of playing a Nintendo game once more. This game is easily my favorite of the Zelda series, finally knocking Ocarina of Time off its high horse. This is the game the Wii was built for. If you don't at least try it, you're missing out on the game of the year. Expand
  78. May 20, 2012
    Really great game. I love Zelda games, but as an adult it is very hard to ask for the franchise to amaze me like it did when I was a child, when everything was innately more impressive and magical. This instalment of the Zelda series features a beautiful world. Great characters and plot, fantastic game play and controls. The graphics are as good as you're going to get on the Wii. Only realReally great game. I love Zelda games, but as an adult it is very hard to ask for the franchise to amaze me like it did when I was a child, when everything was innately more impressive and magical. This instalment of the Zelda series features a beautiful world. Great characters and plot, fantastic game play and controls. The graphics are as good as you're going to get on the Wii. Only real negative I can think of is that other than the sky there isn't really any great open expanse to explore like in you'd old 2d Zelda games and OoT. But that's not to say there isn't plenty to explore. My favourite Zelda since OoT. Expand
  79. Dec 14, 2012
    Honestly this game is the best I have played in years. "The controls, as long as you correctly calibrate them every time you boot the game, work flawlessly. Honestly I am really disappointed in humanity with all these trolls. The gameplay is flaw less, and it is paced very good from the start, a first for Zelda! The soundtrack is loads better than Twilight Princess, and the gameplay is noHonestly this game is the best I have played in years. "The controls, as long as you correctly calibrate them every time you boot the game, work flawlessly. Honestly I am really disappointed in humanity with all these trolls. The gameplay is flaw less, and it is paced very good from the start, a first for Zelda! The soundtrack is loads better than Twilight Princess, and the gameplay is no longer button mashing. The must own game for Wii. Expand
  80. Jun 4, 2012
    Hugely disappointing, the spirit of ocarina of time has been lost. I do not know by what conspiracy this has gotten a 10 and can even be compared to ocarina of time - is the world composed of idiots? Truly rhetorical question, because the answer is obviously yes.. Ocarina, you could explore. This, there are only 3 worlds, which you are forced to visit twice each because they got lazy,Hugely disappointing, the spirit of ocarina of time has been lost. I do not know by what conspiracy this has gotten a 10 and can even be compared to ocarina of time - is the world composed of idiots? Truly rhetorical question, because the answer is obviously yes.. Ocarina, you could explore. This, there are only 3 worlds, which you are forced to visit twice each because they got lazy, which to explore you use a teleportation system rather than have them linked like in Ocarina. The overall spirit and monsters is childlike and bad, compared to the emotion inducing, epic feel of Ocarina of Time. Where Ocarina was a game that shook you and sucked you in, this is merely a mediocre Zelda game, I don't even think the creator of the series enjoys it as he himself has said being disappointed in it midway through development. How the great have fallen. Oh and it's still the same, same, same concept that ocarina INVENTED on the 64, remade again for all you creativity enemies. This game is lucky to be good enough to still deserve an 8 despite insulting the entire Zelda franchise, but yes it's still high quality nintendo title that is acceptably fun...but oh so disappointing.. Expand
  81. May 29, 2012
    After months of waiting for this game and all the propaganda it received i felt really disappointed. The creators had plenty of time to make it perfect and yet it had so many flaws. In this game you will never get lost or die it is incredibly easy. They tell you where and what to do more than twice. Controls takes time to get used to opening a boss door took me more than 15 minutes once.After months of waiting for this game and all the propaganda it received i felt really disappointed. The creators had plenty of time to make it perfect and yet it had so many flaws. In this game you will never get lost or die it is incredibly easy. They tell you where and what to do more than twice. Controls takes time to get used to opening a boss door took me more than 15 minutes once. The first 15 hours are so boring nearly killed myself. However not everything is bad using loot to modify shields and weapons was great story gets better after 20 hours and some new items effects are quite interesting. Loved the graphics and changing the present with the past was awesome. What is unforgivable for me is that the hidden skills from TP are not in this game. That was a step backwards in the Zelda franchise. Voice acting is necessary like it or not Zelda games need to change their formula for their own good. There are other flaws but I have no space to put more. Nintendo should learn a couple of things from xenoblade chronicles; now thatâ Expand
  82. Jun 30, 2012
    Pros: I certainly enjoyed this creative game and I have been a loyal zelda fan since Link's Awakening on GB back in 1995. All of the Wii motion controls were implemented near flawlessly and I enjoyed using them in the game, they never really became obnoxious of any sort. They made the game challenging in a very good way. The art design is fresh and the impressionistic portrayal of the farPros: I certainly enjoyed this creative game and I have been a loyal zelda fan since Link's Awakening on GB back in 1995. All of the Wii motion controls were implemented near flawlessly and I enjoyed using them in the game, they never really became obnoxious of any sort. They made the game challenging in a very good way. The art design is fresh and the impressionistic portrayal of the far scenery makes me feel like I'm exploring one huge painting and brings back memories of Super Mario 64. The story & main quest is heartfelt, lengthy, and provides character development as well as unexpected turns throughout. Most of the characters have their own marvelous personality and problems that you can help fix, and they remember you justly for your good deeds. I like the newly implemented potion making & item upgrading systems. I would find myself spending hours exploring the worlds looking for ingredients. There are a solid amount of new & reintroduced items to use; and for the most part they are used very well, and remain fun & useful after the dungeon you earned them in. Cons: The side-quest area is seriously lacking in my honest opinion. There were only about 2 sidequests & 1 mini-game I thoroughly enjoyed, and there are about 13 side quests and I think 5 mini-games. This still isn't enough in a Zelda game even if they lack substance. The main quest can take anywhere from 40-60 hours to complete, while the side content can only provide 10-15 hours max. Zelda games have always been known for having side content standing up to the main quest, and sadly it isn't true here. And you don't get very good rewards for alot of the side-quests anyways. Also whenever you pick up and ingredient or bug, no matter whether it's new or not, you have to go through a little cutscene and read about whatever you picked up every single time. This gets ridiculously annoying very fast. There is also a "Hero Mode" after you beat the game the first time, and it allows you to play through again with all the enemies doing double damage. Sadly that's all it adds to the experience and that is definitely not enough incentive to play through the game again. Now I can honestly say that every dungeon is truly amazing and stands up with some of the best dungeons in Zelda history; but I was seriously dissapointed with a couple of the bosses, and I won't give away why, but I was and you might find out why if you choose to decide to buy the game. Because I still believe it is worth buying and is a above-average entry to the legendary Zelda series. Just don't expect it to fullfill all of your expectations, because I know that this wasn't everyones' cup of tea, even for die-hard Zelda fans. But you're getting a solid review from one right now! The game is about a 7.8 but it's either 7 or 8 on here. So it gets an 8. Expand
  83. Jan 14, 2013
    This is a odd ball type of Zelda game sort of. Although I half to admit the visuals are amazing! The water color backgrounds and foregrounds make this game visually genius! The story is a bit flat and faded at times you really wonder what you are working to achieve in this game as it goes all over the place at times. The upgrades are fun and stamina bar is great although I feelt it shouldThis is a odd ball type of Zelda game sort of. Although I half to admit the visuals are amazing! The water color backgrounds and foregrounds make this game visually genius! The story is a bit flat and faded at times you really wonder what you are working to achieve in this game as it goes all over the place at times. The upgrades are fun and stamina bar is great although I feelt it should have lasted longer. The dungeons are ok at times but seem to be a little let down for what I was looking for. The bosses are decent. Overall a decent Zelda game but not the best. I do love the art work though! Expand
  84. NSM
    Jul 2, 2012
    One of my favorite Zelda games, besides Ocarina of Time and maybe a couple others. This game is flawless and is great for any wii lover, zelda fan, or someone wanting something original. It's a must have!
  85. Jan 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game I've ever completed and the longest at that too. Heck you don't even complete the game after you beat the final boss and finish the story so I'm yet to continue on.

The gameplay is decent, nothing amazing, but you'll notice from the start that SS is a game that uses the Wiimote to the best of it's ability.

Anyone who hasn't played or completed this game is missing out.
  86. Aug 17, 2012
    First of all, look at the critic reviews before coming straight to the user reviews. There are many 10s, and there is a reason. Skyward Sword is arguably the best game on the Wii, one of the best of this generation, and maybe just the best Zelda game ever (but this last one is more personal preference, since they are all amazing). This was the game the Wii was built for, the game thatFirst of all, look at the critic reviews before coming straight to the user reviews. There are many 10s, and there is a reason. Skyward Sword is arguably the best game on the Wii, one of the best of this generation, and maybe just the best Zelda game ever (but this last one is more personal preference, since they are all amazing). This was the game the Wii was built for, the game that proves that motion controls can revolutionize gaming. The motion controls do not feel forced, but they feel right at home. Flying, swimming, items, and especially sword fighting feel tight and natural, not to mention pretty fun. The overworld in this game is somewhat like a dungeon, focusing on puzzles rather than exploration. It was a nice change of pace from TP's wide open, barren overworld with little to do. ALL of the dungeons are brilliant, especially the last one. They take a more linear approach focusing on fewer very dense rooms with a lot to do rather than huge dungeons easy to get lost in. Even the bosses got a revamp as many of them do not follow the basic Zelda formula for "Stun 3 times with the dungeon item and mash the b button until it dies." Sure the dungeon item is used for most of the fights, but barely really. There even 2 dungeon bosses that are just a sword fight, which shows of the wii motion plus very well. Overall the gameplay is so much fun just to play and it will be hard to put it down. The graphics are just about the best the wii has to offer, still SD, but a nice cel-shaded water color art style that fits Zelda well. Personally I find it annoying how the islands in the sky will slowly come into focus, first they just appear and be gray and ugly, then slowly add color the closer you get to them. This is more a problem with the console though than the game, as they did the best they could with the limited hardware. The music is very good, not the best Zelda has, but still very good. It has my personal favorite song in the series, "Ballad of the Goddess." Besides the songs being good to begin with, most of the tunes are now orchestrated, which sounds just amazing and it feels like Zelda was always meant to be orchestrated. Next and finally is the story. Now Nintendo games aren't meant to be bought for their stories, but Skyward Sword's narrative was decent. The opening sequence was very well done, but after that the story itself starts to show up less and less, especially between the 4th and 6th dungeon, where it goes very dry. But the ending makes up for all of this, as it is very fulfilling. This is the first Zelda game to happen chronologically, and it explains how Hyrule was founded and why Ganon is always messing things up for Link and Zelda. Overall the plot and story is the best for any Zelda game, but could be improved by telling it a little better. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a masterpiece, and you would be cheating yourself out of an AMAZING experience not to buy this game. Now the user score is a little bit low, but do not pay attention to THAT score. It is the 93 critic review average that you want to focus on. This game is great and you definitely do not want to miss. I had some minor issue with the games, but not enough to dock it down to a 9. Personally, I give it a 98/100. A pure masterpiece. Expand
  87. Mar 25, 2013
    Skyward Sword has impressed me since the start. I bought the Wii Remote Plus for this game and I was not dissapointed when I finally got to play it. There are tons of positive things I could say about it, but I'll just say a few. First of all, it has beautiful graphics... and considering the limited specifications for the Wii, it's still a pretty good looking game. The motion controlsSkyward Sword has impressed me since the start. I bought the Wii Remote Plus for this game and I was not dissapointed when I finally got to play it. There are tons of positive things I could say about it, but I'll just say a few. First of all, it has beautiful graphics... and considering the limited specifications for the Wii, it's still a pretty good looking game. The motion controls worked very smoothly and added an extra sense of action to the game. The enemies and boss battles were fun and quite challenging at times. The world and dungeon designs were stellar as well. I am a big Zelda fan and this game has stood out as probably the best Zelda game ever for me. 10/10 from me. Expand
  88. Sep 20, 2012
    I can only say one thing... THAT, GAME, IS, AMAZING. The best Zelda game, the best wii game, the best adventure/platform game i ever happen to play. I RECOMMEND IT, TRULY
  89. Feb 6, 2013
    Skyward sword may not be HD but this game spews perfection.The beautiful impresionistic art style,the intriguing dungeon ,an the best story to date on any zelda game.This is hands down an outstanding game 10/10.
  90. Nov 1, 2012
    This is definetly in my opinion the best legend of Zelda so far. Motions controls worked perfectly for me. Definetly a must buy for any legend of Zelda fan or any wii owners in general.
  91. Nov 4, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is, put simply, a masterpiece. It succeeds on all levels of game design. The overworlds are amazing, the dungeons incredible, and the music breathtaking. This game has excellent graphics and the controls work brilliantly. Easily the best game on the Wii, if not the greatest game this century. (So far)
  92. Dec 2, 2012
    Hands down the best Zelda game! The controls were perfect i didn't have any trouble using them at all. The graphics are one of the best things about this game, they were so good and it seemed that objects far away looked like paintings but when they came closer they came into detail. Everything about this game was great right down to the story. A must buy for anyone.
  93. Sep 17, 2013
    Let me first say that I am a huge zelda fan. I love all the games, especially the ones that were made home consoles. This game is not the best Zelda I've played and I was pretty disappointed it used so much Wii Remote features. Here are the good and bad things for this game:

Good: 1- The lore The story is great, you really feel that it's the first Zelda on the timeline! 2- Level

Good:
    2- Level Design Some of the dungeons are incredible. The time-shift stones was a good idea!
    3- Side Quests A lot of them and they're fun!
    - Reset pointer position Looks like it's a way to say Hey, we know the wii remote is sometimes sketchy, let's give them a way to reset it...!

Bad:

1- Sword movement The Wii Remote sometimes lose track of its position and you can't kill the monsters that need a certain slash angle to be killed, it's very frustrating. How about never trying the Hero mode, knowing that at one time I'll lose life cause I can't swing my sword properly...!
    2- Bomb Rolling I don't want to get up of my sofa to go an action, that's too much.
    3- Running Ability Stamina You want to run and the stamina goes off pretty quick. Also, because you run a lot, you always hear this warning sound when the gauge is near empty and it's annoying. Also, sometimes, you end waiting for your stamina gauge to regenerate during combats. How come Link can't kill 2 monsters and be out of Stamina?

Twilight Princess was a lot better, mainly cause the only thing that was used of the wii was the pointer and "shake" to slash. That's enough
  94. Dec 31, 2012
    The beginning of the legend. Skyward Sword to me happens to be the best Zelda game since "Majora's Mask". The Nintendo Wii was made for the experience using motion controls, and Skyward Sword is one of very few games on the Wii which happens to get the motion controls working correctly. The game suffers from linearity like the majority of the latest Nintendo games--not a terribleThe beginning of the legend. Skyward Sword to me happens to be the best Zelda game since "Majora's Mask". The Nintendo Wii was made for the experience using motion controls, and Skyward Sword is one of very few games on the Wii which happens to get the motion controls working correctly. The game suffers from linearity like the majority of the latest Nintendo games--not a terrible thing--not for me, though you may be turned off due to the linearity. Skyward Sword focuses more on combat and puzzle solving than any other Zelda game to date. Being the origin of the entire Zelda universe, it would've thought to have been lacking a great plot and story, though Skyward Sword soars and does offer a rather lovely tale. The overall appearance of the game which is completely subject is a bit of a problem. When half of the people who play the game consider the game to look "bad" or "not my thing" there will be problems. Imagine both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess mixed in one--pretty freaky. The core fans will either love it or hate it while the average fan will generally accept it...it's been a bad run for the series due to (in my opinion) the poor releases Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Nintendo learned from their mistakes, though made mistakes in other areas. Expand
  95. Jan 11, 2013
    I wasn't particularly fond of Twilight Princess and how it implemented the Wii controllers, so I was initially skeptic about Skyward Sword. This game ended up surpassing my expectations immensely. I now consider it nearly tied in greatness with Ocarina of Time (my all-time favorite Zelda game). Visually stunning, accurate and innovative controllers, tremendous gameplay. Do NOT pass this game up.
  96. Jun 25, 2013
    One of the primary issues I had with Twilight Princess was its lack of creativity. Everything from the story to the gameplay to the bleak graphics seemed to hold the game back from perfection. Skyward Sword, on the other hand, does exactly what Twilight Princess failed to do: it introduces creative and interesting idea into nearly every aspect of the Zelda formula, making it one of theOne of the primary issues I had with Twilight Princess was its lack of creativity. Everything from the story to the gameplay to the bleak graphics seemed to hold the game back from perfection. Skyward Sword, on the other hand, does exactly what Twilight Princess failed to do: it introduces creative and interesting idea into nearly every aspect of the Zelda formula, making it one of the best Zelda games to date.

The graphics of the game feel like a mix between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and they just look amazing. The graphics are so spectacular that at times it felt as though I was looking at a moving painting.

The introduction of Wii Motion plus into the gameplay was an excellent change. The controls were always responsive and engaging, allowing for every battle to be interesting and intense. The frequent calibration was a bit annoying, but it was an easy fix so it's more of a gripe. I'm not trying to say that in all future Zelda games Wii Motion plus should be used. It just works well in this game.

One of the best aspects of this game are the improved dungeons/temples. The temple design in this game is outstanding. Each temple is more unique than the last, and some in particular are the best of any Zelda game. That goes for the bosses too, which are mostly fantastic.

The music in this game is also great. It was all fully orchestrated, and it sounds fantastic. Granted, many of the songs are less memorable (with the exception of the Ballad of the Goddess and Fi's Gratitude), however the orchestration makes everything sound better.

There is an issue with the game worth noting. The game is way too linear. The openness of the areas in the sky never seemed to have anything. There were barely any other floating islands to go to other than Skyloft and it just felt rather empty. I was hoping that the game would be more like Wind Waker where there was a huge amount of places to visit and explore. However, there just isn't much to do. The game itself is also linear in structure, with each temple being just a dive and a walk away. It's more a gripe, however it took away from the experience.
  97. Feb 26, 2013
    La verdad que es un juego que realmente me enamoro. Su arte, su historia TODO. En este zelda se notan las expresiones de los rostros cuando sienten alguna emoción, las gráficas para ser de Wii, son bastante bellas, su jugabilidad es perfecta capaz que con algún que otro fallo pero sigue siendo perfecta, la historia emociona los personajes son de lo mejor el arte que tiene es hermosoLa verdad que es un juego que realmente me enamoro. Su arte, su historia TODO. En este zelda se notan las expresiones de los rostros cuando sienten alguna emoción, las gráficas para ser de Wii, son bastante bellas, su jugabilidad es perfecta capaz que con algún que otro fallo pero sigue siendo perfecta, la historia emociona los personajes son de lo mejor el arte que tiene es hermoso como dije un juego que me enamoro. Capaz que no tiene un mundo abierto como en ocarina of time ni te podes sentir libre por ahí pero la verdad que sigue siendo perfecto. En fin The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, es una obra de arte sin dudas y para aquellos que posean una Wii y no tengan este increíble juego les pregunto ¿Que esperan para comprarlo Expand
  98. Mar 2, 2013
    My favorite game yet, we'll deserving of a ten. The art style is amazing, motion controls are the best of any game I've ever played, the wii at its finest. It has a slow start, but the ending, which in my opinion is the best in the series, more than makes up for it. The overworld, although a bit restrictive, is awesome, like one huge mini-dungeon. With the exclusion of the lanayruMy favorite game yet, we'll deserving of a ten. The art style is amazing, motion controls are the best of any game I've ever played, the wii at its finest. It has a slow start, but the ending, which in my opinion is the best in the series, more than makes up for it. The overworld, although a bit restrictive, is awesome, like one huge mini-dungeon. With the exclusion of the lanayru province, the overworld and its inhabitants didn't make you care for them quite as much games like tp and OOT, and that could have been made a bit better, but the main driving motive of the game more than makes up for the slightly less immersive world. Honestly the best game I've ever played, even though it had some minor flaws. If tp and this had a baby, then it would be perfect, but this alone is pretty close. 10/10. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.