8.1

1. Nov 22, 2011
    Espectacular! desprende magia por todos sus pixeles, el gameplay es perfecto.... un juego envolvente, divertido desde el primer minuto. El mejor juego de esta generación sin lugar a dudas.

Perfecto
  2. Nov 20, 2011
    The best Zelda game so far. Great art style, great soundtrack, great story, and the best control scheme. Motion Plus really does difference in gameplay, how say it not is a dumb.
    Conclusion, play Skyward Sword, don't worry about bad reviews, they reveal envy from author.
  3. Nov 21, 2011
    I whole-heartedly agree with metacritic score and most other scores. This game is quite good. The use of the Wii motion-plus really brings out the Wii to it's full potential. This is probably the best motion based game ever. I mean, the PS move had crummy games, as did the Kinect, but, it's this sort of game that motion controls and epic 1:1 swordplay is built for. However, why must peopleI whole-heartedly agree with metacritic score and most other scores. This game is quite good. The use of the Wii motion-plus really brings out the Wii to it's full potential. This is probably the best motion based game ever. I mean, the PS move had crummy games, as did the Kinect, but, it's this sort of game that motion controls and epic 1:1 swordplay is built for. However, why must people bag this game? It is good, I found nothing wrong with it. It has the best story, characters, quests and dungeons in a Zelda game. A lot of people are complaining about the 1:1 sword gameplay. I admit, this does require some getting used to, but the thing about this is, once you can learn it properly, swordplay becomes more rewarding and you feel like every battle you achieve something. No button mashing in this Zelda game! I am, however, disappointed at Gamespots review of this. It seemed like they were nitpicking at little things and, quite frankly, Gameinformer, IGN and various other trusted game reviewers have given it a perfect score of ten out of ten. I'm not going to let a bunch of FPS fans and ignorant game reviewers make up incriminatory comments, most likely just to stop it from being nominated game of the year, so they can have their precious Call of Duty become game of the year. (BTW CoD wasn't nominated understandably).
    So please, why must you bag this game out. It is a Zelda game for God sakes. No-one has DARED criticise a Zelda game until now, because they know they will be pummelled by angry fanboys. Speaking of which, I am proud to be a Zelda fanboy. Everygame that has been released has been pretty good. some better than others , and I think Skyward Sword is the best of the bunch.
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    I don't have to explain myself. For me, this and every other Zelda game will always be a 10. jkbljgcjfhjvjb ghcvgfhvb,jobhmgdfhgfhjliugfcxsdfdgcfghmjn,hgvcnfsdvsbdvbfgnvhbn,bjmthdzscxdc
  5. Nov 22, 2011
    Nintendo has finally delivered on what they promised us with the Wii. The game offers 1:1 motion controls that work perfectly. The game design is masterful, and I feel the same sense of mystery when exploring this game, as I did when playing A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. An incredible game, and an amazing way for the Wii to trail off into the sunset.
  6. POE
    Nov 22, 2011
    If you´ve been playing video games for a long time then you will understand what this means: This is the Ocarina of time of this era. If you´re new i´ll translate what that means: Absolute perfection.
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazing controls, great artistic direction and an immersive world come together in this masterpiece of a game, if you've been influenced by the naysayers, worry not, this games surpasses all expectations, a definite must play.
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome gameplay, the only blemish is the lack of voice acting, but its one of the best in the series so far!
    I wonder why some sites complain about it being similar to other zelda games and give a higher score to MW3 LOL such biased losers
  9. Nov 25, 2011
    I've played every Zelda game since 1987, so I was pretty pumped for Skyward Sword. The first warning sign was when the game required WiiMotionPlus to function. With the imminent release of the Wii U, and no other major first party games to be released on the Wii, Im left believing that the sole purpose for this is to add a secret $40 to the price tag. It certainty didn't add to any gameI've played every Zelda game since 1987, so I was pretty pumped for Skyward Sword. The first warning sign was when the game required WiiMotionPlus to function. With the imminent release of the Wii U, and no other major first party games to be released on the Wii, Im left believing that the sole purpose for this is to add a secret $40 to the price tag. It certainty didn't add to any game play. Many times during the game, it demanded a vertical swing. Simple enough, right? swing the remote in a verticle slice. WRONG! THAT WASNT FLAT, THERE WAS A SLIGHT ANGLE! TRY AGAIN!....after 30 more attempts, finally Link decides to throw me a bone and hit the target. 30 hours in, I still had to pray my wrist wouldn't snap in half from trying to direct the Possibly Polio-ridden Link to dive, or throw a bomb: both actions that we're perfect 20 years ago by the innovation of an 'A' button. If you can get past the needless, frustrating and sadistic controls, then you'll find creative dungeons, compelling-ish story (Still dont really know the justification for the first half of the game) and some good adventuring. Im just skeptical of any game where the boss can be defeated (not joking here) by flailing my limbs around for 2 minutes Expand
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    From the minute I picked of the controller, I knew I was playing a masterpiece. Games today stick to the traditional button mashing and the same old shoot em up adventures. Skyward Sword and Zelda always does the opposite. It brings something new to the table. Holding the control and watching in amazement as the 1:1 ratio kicks in on every slice just does it for me. Along with anFrom the minute I picked of the controller, I knew I was playing a masterpiece. Games today stick to the traditional button mashing and the same old shoot em up adventures. Skyward Sword and Zelda always does the opposite. It brings something new to the table. Holding the control and watching in amazement as the 1:1 ratio kicks in on every slice just does it for me. Along with an outstanding storyline and gameplay that no one does better then Zelda, this is a must have game. 10/10 Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    This is truly one of the best games of all time, not just the best Wii game, or the best Nintendo game, the best GAME. The Wii Motion Plus controls may take some getting used to at first (besides the initial calibration the infared sensor is never used) but add an extra layer of depth to the combat that other games can't even hope to match. The enemies exhibit very good AI and I was amazedThis is truly one of the best games of all time, not just the best Wii game, or the best Nintendo game, the best GAME. The Wii Motion Plus controls may take some getting used to at first (besides the initial calibration the infared sensor is never used) but add an extra layer of depth to the combat that other games can't even hope to match. The enemies exhibit very good AI and I was amazed that they managed to predict my movements so many times. Another thing about the controls is you shouldn't worry if you are left handed, I'm a lefty and I haven't experienced any problems. The graphics are more beautiful than 90% of games out there, and that is saying something being on an under powered console like the Wii. Once again Nintendo shows us that console power isn't as important as innovation, and this games has my favorite visual style in the whole series. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  12. Dec 7, 2011
    After finishing this game, I can truly say that this game is one of the best Legend of Zelda games I have ever played. I rank this game on par with my other Zelda favorites, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (although I haven't met a Zelda game I didn't like). The storyline is amazing and the musical score is one of the best I have heard! The controls are fluid and intuitive, and afterAfter finishing this game, I can truly say that this game is one of the best Legend of Zelda games I have ever played. I rank this game on par with my other Zelda favorites, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (although I haven't met a Zelda game I didn't like). The storyline is amazing and the musical score is one of the best I have heard! The controls are fluid and intuitive, and after about a 2 hour learning curve, you forget they are even there. The puzzles are challenging, but not overwhelming to where you get stuck for hours on end. While the graphics are not high definition, they fit the game perfectly and are colorful and interesting to look at. If you want an adventure game, with puzzles and challenges, where you can immerse yourself and forget about your real life troubles, then this is the game for you! Expand
  13. Nov 22, 2011
    This is game the best game on the wii. The controls are really good for the most part and it's everything you want in a Zelda game. The only thing I was a little disappointed in were the graphics. It's expected for a wii game to have bad graphics, but i just expected the colors to be more vibrant and the textures to be better. But other than that the game is perfect. Must own.
  14. Nov 28, 2011
    How can I start this review the best I can? Hmmm... how about that this is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life? I am not just saying that because Zelda is my all time favorite franchise. I am saying this out of confidence that this game is a true masterpiece, and trust me when I say that it is. Skyward Sword isn't just a high quality game. It's a revolution. To thinkHow can I start this review the best I can? Hmmm... how about that this is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life? I am not just saying that because Zelda is my all time favorite franchise. I am saying this out of confidence that this game is a true masterpiece, and trust me when I say that it is. Skyward Sword isn't just a high quality game. It's a revolution. To think that I would actually prefer motion controls over traditional controls. I've always been interested in the idea of motion in gaming, but still always chose traditional controls over it any day. Until now! When Skyward Sword was announced to rely heavily on 1:1 motion, it really caught my attention to think that this could be the game to show everyone what motion controls can do to improve your game. As it turns out, I was not only right about that, but my expectations were far exceeded. Everything you do in this game uses motion controls specifically in very unique ways at every turn. Skyward Sword is a game that can never be done with a regular controller. This game has officially gone from button mashing to swinging your arm, and absolutely everything in this game takes advantage of it. The puzzles, the bosses, the dungeons, everything relies on the direction you swing your sword. One of the boss battles actually requires you to swing upward in its weak spot, and if you swing from any other direction, your attack is blocked and doesn't do a thing. You'll come across enemies that will block from certain angles, but are left open to attack on the other, although it isn't as easy as swinging from that direction, because enemies will follow your movements specifically to block you. You have to try and trick your enemies into thinking you will swing from one direction, but then come at them from another. it requires great observation and strategy, and makes you victory far more satisfying. It works beautifully, I've never been so sucked into a game like this, I actually feel like Links sword is in my hand, I actually feel like the hero. The way this game uses 1:1 motion is proof that non traditional controls can really change the way we want to play games. Now that I've played this game, I actually want to play more games like it. I want more 1:1 motion games, I want to use it now more than my dualshock controller now. It has opened great opportunity to new kinds of gameplay, and Skyward Sword shows it done right. The story is the best Zelda has ever had. We finally see a romantic bond between Zelda and Link, and it strengthens the urge to find her when she goes missing. There are tons of twists that will make your head spin, and lots of great characters and moments that you will remember for ages. Although this game once again denies voice acting, it's actually an amazing cinematic experience. Character animations, in addition to the outstanding orchestrated soundtrack are stunning and great to witness. This game quite possibly has the best soundtrack a Zelda game has ever had. Right after you turn the game on, you are immediately greeted with the text narrated backstory, which plays the most epic war music you'll ever hear. The game is fully orchestrated for the first time in Zelda history, meaning the music is THAT much better. Never has Zelda music been so beautiful, and remember that we're talking about a franchise that is known for it's high quality and very memorable music. You will likely pause the game very often just because you want to listen to the music, the soundtrack is THAT good. The most debatable thing about this game, however, is the graphics. Many think that the graphics are bad quality due to not meeting todays standards of being HD, and to be honest, it doesn't matter. Because this game, in my opinion, is more beautiful than many HD games out there. Skyward Sword is a prime example that games don't need to be realistic and HD to be beautiful. It uses a fantastic and very original art style that embodies the Zelda universe perfectly, and will likely never look outdated due to its uniqueness. Do not let the absence of HD fool you, this game is actually the best looking Zelda yet. Skyward Sword has also replaced the open world with puzzle filled areas that you will revisit on numerous occasions. You won't be repeating too much, as you'll reveal secret areas that you never knew were there, creating a great sense of discovery. Although, this game has an overworld in the sky that you will be flying around using your awesome new companion. A giant bird. Epic with a capital E. And of course, on top of all this, it takes an amazing fresh approach to that awesome Zelda formula we've come to know for 25 years. It's like we always now it, but different. Zelda has shown once again why it's so critically acclaimed, and is without a doubt one of the franchises best games. Nicely done Nintendo! 10/10 Expand
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    First and foremost, you can discount any the individuals who scored this game a ZERO, few games (if any) deserve such a non-score. Now lets get onto the people who have actually played the game and as such are fairly marking what so far they have encountered...

I'm roughly 10 hours in and thus far can find nothing in which to fault. Stunning vistas, bold characters, innovative and faultless motion controls AND a beautiful orchestral score. In the last couple of month I have purchased Arkham City and Uncharted 3, both are good BUT both leave me feeling cold, Skyward Sword is another of those Nintendo games which is polished to perfection and given the added ingredient other "rival" developers cant ever replicate...that magic.
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for whatThis game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for what I think should have been included, or for hardware limitations.

If you read other reviews you will see complaints of this game being too long, or having too much dialogue. I wasn't at the meeting where getting hours of play-through time for your money was a bad thing, but it was probably where MW3 was conceptualized. If this game can't hold the attention of your 8 year old, I feel really and truly bad for you. I played Ocarina of Time when I was 8 and it gave me hours of entertainment, and never once did I become bored simply because of the need to read, or the time it took to complete.
  17. Nov 29, 2011
    Best game of "The Legend of Zelda" saga.
    This is the game the Wii was built for! All gameplay, that we suffer in other Wii games, where designed for Zelda...
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    This game definitely is one of the better Zelda games I've played.. but not the best, not by a long shot. The graphics are alright, yes they are very artistic looking, but that doesn't hide the fact that pixels are made very obvious. But hey, I can forgive graphics and graphics don't make a game (although personally TP has better graphics IMO..). The gameplay itself is as good as ever, butThis game definitely is one of the better Zelda games I've played.. but not the best, not by a long shot. The graphics are alright, yes they are very artistic looking, but that doesn't hide the fact that pixels are made very obvious. But hey, I can forgive graphics and graphics don't make a game (although personally TP has better graphics IMO..). The gameplay itself is as good as ever, but the motion controls really put a downer on it, as personally, I'm more of a button-masher than a motion controlled sword swinging guy, sorry but they just bug me, plus the motion control don't always work which is VERY frustrating! Anyway, the story so far isn't too bad, but I'd prefer a darker story like TP's, but hey-ho I'll see how it turns out (only at the 2nd dungeon so not really judging it yet don't worry). It's kind of obvious that I've set my standards high after playing TP, because after that I couldn't really get into WW or PH/ST, they were just too childish for my taste, lets just hope this isn't either! Expand
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    Featuring many of the series best ideas while bringing in an array of new ideas to the franchise; The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is fantastic.

One of the best improvements come from the control system. One of the few games to truly utilize the Wii, the fighting finally feels natural and adds some depth to the battle system, which has been a very shallow area in previous instalments. The controls also breathe life into the flight mechanic. It could have become very tedious, alike to how some took the boat in Wind Waker, however, the one-to-one twisting of the wii remote and the speed between destinations allow it to be an enjoyable part of the game, even towards the end of the game.

The best part of the game however comes with the exploration between dungeons. In previous instalments it was purely to get from destination to destination and could have been taken as pretty lacklustre (Majoraâ
  20. Nov 25, 2011
    Taking my time to play the game through first & keep an eye on the major gaming sitesâ
  21. Nov 26, 2011
    Great game, marvelous graphics, amazing story. The controls are not lagged as some people are saying, probably these people don't know how to use the motion plus. It's more of the same? Yes, it is, is more of the same awesomeness that Zelda is.
  22. Nov 26, 2011
    I am very hesitant about rating this game a 10. Its not a perfect game but its pretty close. I absolutely love some of the new features such as the stamina gauge and shield life but the new Hint system just sticks a knife in my gut. I hate spending 10 mins trying to open a door, when I know I can get the answer by reading hints on a stone or asking my guide. I hate having the temptationI am very hesitant about rating this game a 10. Its not a perfect game but its pretty close. I absolutely love some of the new features such as the stamina gauge and shield life but the new Hint system just sticks a knife in my gut. I hate spending 10 mins trying to open a door, when I know I can get the answer by reading hints on a stone or asking my guide. I hate having the temptation right there in front of me. I also have a problem with not reading the hints. I am the type of player who won't leave a stone unturned and its hard to avoid these things. The controls were pretty frustrating at first but I got it down sometime after the first temple.

I don't feel like typing out everything I love about the game........its a Zelda game....Ill leave it at that.
  23. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finallySkyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finally challenging, like those in Twilight Princess. The boss battles are immense and truly feel like something epic.

The only downside? The controls can be off sometimes -- I found that putting the motion bar on top of a television solved my problems. But it's hardly noticable and if you control your motions, you won't suffer.

This is the game for the Wii and the best release in the past 10 years.
  24. Nov 21, 2011
    This game nears perfection. The impressionistic-style graphics, the epic orchestrated music, the tear-jerking story, the smooth-as-silk controls, everything in this game is nothing less than ART. Unfortunately, it's got some tiny little flaws that will be used to drag it down by the critics, but they're not really THAT important. This is not a game to be played, but a game to be appreciated.
  25. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the Wii game people have been dreaming about ever since the console was announced. The use of motion control is intuitive and interesting, and makes this one of the most unique and legitimately groundbreaking (if not, THE most) Game of the Year candidate of 2011. It's another wonderful entry in a legendary franchise with some actual challenge on the table as well.
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono. Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  27. Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty good, at first the controls were hard to control, but it turns out there's ACTUALLY SKILL INVOLVED IN SWINGING THE SWORD. The fact that waggling to kill no longer applying made my **** day. I recommend this game highly.
  28. Nov 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image
    Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by this game, as even Zelda pros have to learn how to defeat foes they've defeated easily in the past. As for voice acting, it wouldn't be fitting to have voice acting. Imagine, after 25 years and for the anniversary, you finally add voice acting. I personally would hate that because I'd hate to hear a voice for Link or Zelda etc. If you have a Wii, you owe it to yourself to get this game. It's like Ocarina of Time for the modern day world. Long time Zelda fans will even get a few references to past games, something I enjoyed a lot.The only disappointment is that such a fantastic game came at the end of the Wii's life.
  29. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a game worthy of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the best video game franchise ever. This franchise has come a long way from its humble gold cartridge casing days on the nes. The mechanics are great with the wii motion plus guiding our blades and other gadgets. the look with the watercolors is beautiful, the story keeps us yearning for more with each dungeon, and the musicThis is a game worthy of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the best video game franchise ever. This franchise has come a long way from its humble gold cartridge casing days on the nes. The mechanics are great with the wii motion plus guiding our blades and other gadgets. the look with the watercolors is beautiful, the story keeps us yearning for more with each dungeon, and the music done with a full orchestra sounds better than anything we have heard!! i love this game and its going in my never return it pile with my other favorites Expand
  30. Nov 23, 2011
    Great 1:1 motion controls, a fantastic story, great gameplay and puzzles, the overall difficulty, and the Boss battles are fantastic. I would reccomend to anyone, this is worth buying a wii for.
  31. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is, feels and plays fantastic, the visuals are great for wii, the controls are rarely out of sinc, the bosses are challenging, there is a whole bunch of RPG stuff added like item upgrades, advanced potions and limited backpack size,... There is nothing not to like about this game.
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    I gave this game a 10/10 because it definitely deserves it (thus far. i'm about 4 hours into the game). The music is astounding, the colors are amazing, and the story line is just as intriguing as OoT. If the game somehow starts failing as I continue playing, i'll change my review but i don't see that happening. Definitely worth the money and imo, better than TP.
  33. Nov 21, 2011
    The Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a mustThe Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a must buy for any zelda fan, or even any wii owner! Expand
  34. Nov 22, 2011
    It's sad to see all the haters destroy the true user score of a masterpiece. I'm playing for over 35 hours now and I can assure you that all those people who gave a score below 8 haven't played the game properly or far enough. This game is superb! Great controls, characters, story & design aside: the puzzles are awesome! They are fresh, exciting & most important challenging. This gameIt's sad to see all the haters destroy the true user score of a masterpiece. I'm playing for over 35 hours now and I can assure you that all those people who gave a score below 8 haven't played the game properly or far enough. This game is superb! Great controls, characters, story & design aside: the puzzles are awesome! They are fresh, exciting & most important challenging. This game sucks you in and I'm having a hard time letting the controller go. I just wanna play more. That's the reason why I stop here ;) Don't let the haters win!!! Write a honest review!!! Expand
  35. Nov 23, 2011
    Best Story of any Zelda Ever. Best controls of any Zelda Ever. Best looking Zelda Ever. Suffice to say, Best Zelda Ever! A Modern Masterpiece! The second best game ever made (right behind Mario Galaxy 2). If you have a Wii - BUY THIS GAME! If you don't have a Wii then, first buy a Wii then... BUY THIS GAME! You have not lived until you play this!
  36. Nov 21, 2011
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    1. You've definitely NOT played the entire game, yet alone even scratched the surface of it.
    2. Don't insult the Art Style, because you know very well that If they wanted, they could've gone with more realistic TP graphics again. It's a choice, and a good one, in my opinion. 3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't expect the game to hand everything to you. It takes a bit of practice. If I twist my wrist, Link twists his wrist. How much more accurate can it get?

So far the game is a must-own for every Wii player, has great cutscenes, great gameplay and is essentially a great evolution for the franchise. Not a single torch puzzle.
    I'd say this game is AT LEAST as good as Ocarina of Time, if not better. I'll see once i'm done.
  37. Nov 25, 2011
    best game i ever played in my life
    LoZ skyward sword is perfect
    allows exact movements with wii remote
    amazing graphics
    and just a great and enjoyable story line
    i am impressed on how the creators progressed zelda and i cant wait to see what the future holds
  38. Nov 22, 2011
    El mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y SpiritEl mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y Spirit Tracks, el mundo mas vacio incluso que Twilight Princess, el Boss Final mas facil de derrotar que el emo de Grihaim o como se llama, el efecto acaurela es otra mierda mas del juego, de tocarse los huevos el equipo desarrollador. Expand
  39. Nov 22, 2011
    ZELDA GAME THIS MEETS EXPECTATIONS THAT THE GREAT MAJORITY OF FANS LOOKING FOR SAGA, THE CONTROL IS VERY GOOD, history and character interaction and the appearance visual and musical, though not COMES MASTER IS OOT It alone can SHINE
  40. Nov 22, 2011
    As I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works asAs I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works as advertised and really adds a level of immersion to the game that has never really been part of a Zelda game before. The sword fighting is fun and they even have found clever ways to work all the Wii Sports motions we have been doing for years into the game without it being gimmicky. Bowling bombs need I say more? Another great thing about this game is the challenge. There hasn't been a Zelda game this hard since Zelda II on the NES. While this game is still not as hard as that game it is defiantly more difficult than any other Zelda and that is a most welcome change. I grew up with Zelda so I will always love it but it is nice to play a game that doesn't feel like it's difficulty was designed with 8 year olds in mind. Graphically the game is as beautiful as anything I've seen on the Wii. It may not look quite as sharp as Super Mario Galaxy 2 but it makes up for it in art direction and style. The perfect marriage between Wind Waker's Saturday morning cartoon feel and Twilight Princess's more mature feel. The music is also excellent and for the first time completely orchestrated. The story I will not go into great detail on as I have not seen it in its entirety. I will say that so far it has been one of the strongest narratives I've seen in a Zelda game yet. The emotion and character on display is unmatched in the series and Link despite being silent as always has never had so much personality as he does here. Zelda herself even makes much more of an impact then usual. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story takes me. All in all it is an excellent title from Nintendo and worthy of the praise that has been lavished upon it. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but the 0's I've seen given to this game are just ludicrous. Don't listen to the naysayers. Even if you don't end up liking the game as much as I a doubt that you will find it to be a 0 experience. Expand
  41. Nov 22, 2011
    Good orchestrated music, a fine difficultly for both new and experienced gamers (provided you can be bothered with Hero Mode), probably the best use of Motion control I have ever seen in a Wii game. Also contains Groose, the greatest Zelda character of all time!
  42. Nov 23, 2011
    I think the good vote for this game is 9.7
    It's good. It's very good. I think the people who give 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 simply can't play Zelda, and they excuses whit sentences like "The control are bad", "Zelda doesn't **** with Link" "blabalablablabala"
  43. Nov 24, 2011
    I've never been so engaged in a game in a very long time. Everything from the dungeons to the bosses are absolutely fantastic. It's and extremely amazing game. 10/10
  44. Nov 25, 2011
    An amazing game; The creators have improved upon all aspects of the gaming adventure that is Zelda! It's been a number of years since I've played a game that's simply so much fun I find myself not being able to put the controller down for long. I highly recommend Skyward Sword!
  45. Nov 25, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time and certainly the best of the year. It has a great story and great graphics for the wii.
  46. Nov 29, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in the Zelda series, if you`ve swung a sword or shot a bow in real life your skills will be applied here. The gameplay in general is also the best of the series, far surpassing Ocarina of Time and stepping all over Twilight Princess, with the best overworld, dungeons, and bosses ever. Simply amazing, the definition of a must-play. Expand
  47. Dec 2, 2011
    The game is just majestic ! It needs some time to get used to gyroscopic aiming, but you can recenter it anytime you want using a button ...

Yes it's storytelling at the start of the adventure, but it's not that bad. Combat moves with the motion controller are just GREAT, and i had no specific problem at all in 40h+ gameplay ... The difficulty is easy to medium most of the time but some

Yes it's storytelling at the start of the adventure, but it's not that bad.

The difficulty is easy to medium most of the time but some challenges and boss are more tricky :)
  48. Dec 1, 2011
    Okay, let me start off with this: Skyward Sword has problems, several problems. I had to recalibrate every so often, though unlike most, it happened like, 3 times in the roughly 30 hours it took me to complete the main story. The music seemed more centered around creating an atmosphere than giving you memorable tunes much of the time. Lastly, the game's textures are generally poor. BeforeOkay, let me start off with this: Skyward Sword has problems, several problems. I had to recalibrate every so often, though unlike most, it happened like, 3 times in the roughly 30 hours it took me to complete the main story. The music seemed more centered around creating an atmosphere than giving you memorable tunes much of the time. Lastly, the game's textures are generally poor. Before you get your panties in a bunch, let me finish this statement: I've found it to be one of the greatest Zelda games ever. The controls work like a charm. Other than the times they temporarily wigged out (again, happened thrice for me), they were spot on. Every so often, it screwed up with the stabbing motion, but I rarely noted that occurring. If you or a reviewer is claiming the controls aren't spot on, check out the controls demonstrations here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aGjL1bwN0), otherwise it's due to interference or something. The enemies clearly show how they're supposed to be attacked with your, thanks to the exaggerated art style and you'll probably get wrecked trying to waggle constantly to win. The other weapons worked well too, though I myself was rather bad with the whip. I found some of the puzzle rather intriguing, but being a seasoned Zelda player, I never really found myself stumped. Some of the other puzzles-- some of which introduce an awesome mechanic-- were good fun. The graphics and art style are quite good as well and definitely draw inspiration from impressionist art. More distant objects take on an almost water color appearance. The fact that the textures aren't the greatest seems like an odd thing to complain about since the art style definitely draws from the Wind Waker. I didn't find some of the music to be as memorable as some past games in the series, though quite a few of them-- such as Zelda's and Faore's themes-- stuck with me. As I mentioned previously, several of them seem geared more so to evoke an atmosphere like the Metroid series, rather than providing tunes you can hum to. Though, the fact that most of the tracks are orchestrated (maybe all, or nearly so) makes them sound so beautiful and soothing, and in other cases, up-beat and have a nice tempo. There are some other cool musical effects in the game; the theme shifting music of Skyloft's Bazaar comes to mind. I found the plot to be quite fun to watch, mainly the references to future points in the timeline. And at last, we see a little Zelda and Link love connection. We all knew it had to happen eventually...wait, this game is the furthest back in the timeline, so it already happened? Time confusion? Song of Time? Hell, my mind just boggled itself. @_@ Skyward Sword is a game with problems and is imperfect. Said imperfections are mostly small and insignificant. I found it to be a great adventure, with tons of side quests, optional upgrades and some great characterization that made me long for voice acting for all characters, barring Link and is "Hiyaaaa!!"s. In spite of these problems, Skyward Sword manages to provide an amazing experience with many memorable moments, and the combination of a beautiful soundtrack and eye-soothing visuals was something that I would just sit down, listen to and watch for a little while. For years now, I have never been able to decide which Zelda game I liked most, never advancing past Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time as my favorites. Well that....hasn't changed, but Skyward Sword has joined their ranks. Please do not miss out on this game. Not only is it one of the Wii's best games--I hold it as high as I do Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2--, it's one of the best games I've played in quite some time. I'd like to give it a 9.5, but alas, I'm restricted to whole numbers. Expand
  49. Dec 3, 2011
    It's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, orIt's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, or buildings, or whatever it is you're far from become more like paint daubs which is really awesome. The scenes are amazing, and though some people are still bummed out about and/or trolling about how the characters still don't talk, this really, I feel, is better than if they were to include lame voice acting. The music is perfectly fitting for each area you're in and changes depending on what situation your in within an area - for example the Marketplace offers various versions of the same song for each different shop you approach. This game has hours upon hours of amazing gameplay and despite what others say, the controls are wonderful. The only thing I've had difficulty with was swimming, but besides that everything else works perfectly. This is the first Wii game I've played that doesn't rely solely on the sensors, but the position your Wii-mote is in - and if your aimer says it's in a different direction than it should be you can simply readjust it with a push of a button to be back where it should be (so really those who complain about the controls don't know what they're talking about/are trolls - the latter being more likely). The replayability is insanely high for this game, there is so much to do and so many areas you can explore around and it's one of those stories that, I at least, fell in love with right away. It's seriously one amazing experience. Expand
  50. Dec 1, 2011
    Gameplay wise the best Zelda I've played so far. The upgrading system, shield gauge and ability to sprint add to the depth of the game without making it less Zelda-like, I already find it hard to imagine a Zelda game without sprinting. The motion plus controls work really well and remain fun until the very end. I wonder what people who rate this game low expected from it. Of course it'sGameplay wise the best Zelda I've played so far. The upgrading system, shield gauge and ability to sprint add to the depth of the game without making it less Zelda-like, I already find it hard to imagine a Zelda game without sprinting. The motion plus controls work really well and remain fun until the very end. I wonder what people who rate this game low expected from it. Of course it's not in HD, it does not have spoken cut-scenes, the characters do not look spectacularly realistic, and pretty much all you do is run around between and in dungeons. But it's Zelda, what do you expect? Expand
  51. Nov 28, 2011
    This beautiful game deserves the beautiful score : 10. Every aspect of this game is fine-tuned, and is the best Zelda experience i've had. Everything works so well, from the timeless water-color design to the clever dungeon puzzles, this game is a complete masterpiece.
  52. Nov 28, 2011
    The game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few newThe game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few new ideas to puzzle solving and combat, making it a fresher experience from previous games in the series. The story is one highlight of the game, but what I enjoyed the most was the sidequests and collectibles. I always like finding pieces of heart, but this time there's also the Goddess Cubes for you to find and the gratitude crystals for you to collect. One bad point is the feeling of emptyness while flying around the sky world. There's hardly any islands for you to visit with things to do, but Skyloft (the biggest island) is full of life and extra tasks for you to do.

It's not my personal favourite in the series, but it's definitely an enjoyable one. The game doesn't change too much to make it unrelatable to previous Zelda games, but enough to make it a fresh experience.
  53. Nov 29, 2011
    Bueno, para ser sincero soy fan de la saga de zelda, PERO, hablare objetivamente de este titulo, SIN Fanatismo, primero, Presentacion, el juego comienza con una elegante introducción, promocionando que la saga cumple 25 Años, los menus son sencillos con una vista panoramica de toda "SkyLoft" en español la llamaron "Neburía", laBueno, para ser sincero soy fan de la saga de zelda, PERO, hablare objetivamente de este titulo, SIN Fanatismo, primero, Presentacion, el juego comienza con una elegante introducción, promocionando que la saga cumple 25 Años, los menus son sencillos con una vista panoramica de toda "SkyLoft" en español la llamaron "Neburía", la introducción del juego es impecable, te describen el juego de una manera tan sencilla que cualquiera lo entiende, tan solo en este primer punto le doy un 100, por lo sencillo, entendible y bonito de interactuar con el menu.
    Graficos, aqui le tengo que dar un aplauso a Nintendo, ¿porqué?, se estaran preguntando, bueno, esta compañia esta consciente que su consola no es muy poderosa, es por eso que se la "ingenian" para poder hacer del juego lo mas bonito visualmente, que el arte del juego sea como una pintura, hace que el juego se vea muy bien, los movimientos de los personajes son fluidos y a pesar de no hablar, son muy expresivos, los efectos de luz son muy bueno y de lo mejor que puede tener el Wii, por eso aplaudo a Nintendo, porque sin necesidad de que la consola sea HD, las graficas se sienten muy fresacas y unicas (por estilo de arte).
    Sonido, que podemos decir de esta parte, todo el juego esta orquestado, simplemente hermoso cada melodia del juego, hay momentos en el juego donde se siente apagado, pero va de acuerdo a la situacion presentada, a lo mejor algunos les moleste que los personajes muevan sus labios y que de ellos no salgá ningun sonido, pero que conste que algunos no agradará, NO doy a entender que esto es es negativo.
    Forma de juego (gamplay), la verdad despues de jugar de esta manera un zelda, quisiera que los demas se juguen así, el control de movimiento estan intuitivo y fluido que realmente sientes que tu sostienes una espada, este zelda, es el zelda con menos objetos, pero cada uno es utilizado iteligentemene por el uso del control de movimiento, es el primer zelda, donde para ganarle a un enemigo o jefe, necesitas dar espadasos al azar, realmente necesitas observar por donde atacara tu enemigo o ver sus "huecos" para poder darle un espadazo, realmente una maravilla.
    NOTA: Quiero aclarar algo en este punto, SI, al principio el control se te hará un poco incomodó o torpe, pero si te tomas tu tiempo para entenderlo, y poder usarlo bien, lograras tener a tu poder uno de los mejores controles jamas hechos.
    Duracion del juego, el juego para los veteranos les durara entre 30 y 35 horas en terminar solamente la historia principal, para completarlo al 100% les tomara unas 45 a 55 horas, si eres nuevo y te gustaria comenzar a jugar un zelda, la verdad te lo recomiendo muchisimo porque te gustará, si no eres muy fan de los juegos tipo accion/aventura con un toque de RPG, entonces este no es tu juego, pero no por eso es malo el juego denle una oportunidad.
    Por todo lo anterior mi puntuacion es de un 100, si una puntuacion perfecta, pero la verdad es muy subjetiva esa califacion, yo creo, en mi opinion que el juego minimo es de un 85 a 100, ustedes deciden si comprarlo o no, espero les allá ayudado mi reseña (solo para aclarar si ya me termine el juego y puedo ciriticar de manera correcta)
  54. Dec 2, 2011
    Anybody who gives this game lower than a seven, hasn't played it. This game is an absolute masterpiece! The artistic direction in this game is amazing, gameplay works fine (if not, buy a new nunchuck), cutscences are jaw dropping, and the story is amazing!!! Buy it
  55. Nov 21, 2011
    All of the people that say this is a bad game probably never even got past the tutorials. It's a sad day when such a beautiful, amazing game gets bogged down with bogus reviews. The controls are good, after you get used to them. The story and gameplay are superb, easily one of the best games Nintendo has ever made. It deserves the amazing critic reviews and to me is better than skyrim.
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    Undoubtedly, unarguably, unquestionably, unequivocally, and UNMISTAKABLY the best, most in-depth, well-played Zelda game I have ever purchased. I can not believe the amount of effort that Nintendo must have put into this game. It will lead you on a trail through a whole train-ride of emotions, ranging from giddiness to rapturous, from tenebrous to fluorescence, from the simplestUndoubtedly, unarguably, unquestionably, unequivocally, and UNMISTAKABLY the best, most in-depth, well-played Zelda game I have ever purchased. I can not believe the amount of effort that Nintendo must have put into this game. It will lead you on a trail through a whole train-ride of emotions, ranging from giddiness to rapturous, from tenebrous to fluorescence, from the simplest depression to the most magnificent happiness! You will buy this game, and you will NOT be dissapointed! The controls are simply splendid, and Nintendo has perfectly achieved the goal of putting you in a real game to the fullest extent! In the Zelda franchise, you are supposed to insert yourself as Link, and the Wii Motion+ makes this all the more corporeal! Combat system in a game before this? Hah! This IS combat. There is no way another game has had a more advanced and splendidly working combat system, ever. End of story. And the variation from the other games! I was never one of those people to say that Zelda hasn't evolved over the years, but I never explicitly believed it lead a revolution - until now. Saying that the Zelda franchise hasn't been evolving after playing this game is like saying that the Call of Duty franchise IS evolving - it's a complete and utter lie! It's not as if you expect them to make something that isn't a Zelda game, do you? If you do, that's what other games are for! You play Zelda because you enjoyed a previous Zelda game, not because you're expecting an entirely different game!

Everything is riddled with riddles that actually make you think! The puzzle system is entirely duked out beyond belief, and it provides a good challenge to those who are up to it, but if you ever get stuck, there's special 'stones' around to help you out that are completely optional. Zelda games have always been the leading franchise as far as puzzling dungeons go, and this one is no exception. You will be impressed, and I don't doubt it.

It is a one of a kind puzzle/adventure game, one that cannot be missed out on. It is a suave masterpiece and a prodigy in its own - I believe that it is Nintendo's magnum opus. You will not be dissapointed.
  57. Nov 21, 2011
    Skyward Sword adds some new elements to the overarching Zelda timelines but also answers a few in the process. However, though the storyline is engaging enough to keep you playing, the inconsistent Wii Motion Plus controls paired with shoddy aiming will cause you to pay attention to your hastily rising blood pressure instead of the story.

I'd say aside from the controls, my biggest gripe

I'd say aside from the controls, my biggest gripe with the game overall is that the "New Formula" added in Skyward Sword, which has you solving puzzles and defeating enemies almost at a constant rate. It makes me long for the times where I could calmly ride through Hyrule field, or stroll through Kakariko Village and enjoy the sites without having to constantly think and fight (or flail around my arms for that matter).

Skyward Sword is a fun game that is worth-while to play through, and while the controls can be frustrating, more often than not you'll find them to be tolerable. This is definitely not the best Zelda game since OOT, A Link to the Past, or Majora's Mask, but it's still a pretty good entry. Don't buy into too much of the hype, or disappointment may ensue.
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    I've been playing it for about 4 hours and can't get enough of it. The Wii Motion Plus really helps the game, and I think is going to be be a very good rival for Ocarina of Time as the best Zelda Ever.
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely revolutionary. HAVE NO IDEA what's up with the negatives... it's just fan boys marking it badly but just look at the critic reviews. Those reviews are the ones you can rely on...which I did to decide to buy the game. 49.99 is a great price for a great game
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    This game deserves a 10 out of 10 Gamespot is wrong about skyward sword. Check out this vid it by the WiiFolderJosh an official reviewer company [(here is the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu ] basically this guy does his skyward sword gameplay live with his body on the bottom right corner showing all the moves he is doing. And Link is doing exactly what he isThis game deserves a 10 out of 10 Gamespot is wrong about skyward sword. Check out this vid it by the WiiFolderJosh an official reviewer company [(here is the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu ] basically this guy does his skyward sword gameplay live with his body on the bottom right corner showing all the moves he is doing. And Link is doing exactly what he is doing on the screen. Gamespot, i really disagree with them with their review. Gamespot says the controls are innacurate yet he says you can waggle your way to victory. But his review is very innacurate. And to disagree with you metacritics the average rating of syward sword is a 10 out of ten not including gamespot with their innacurate review. I mean have you ever seen their review. I know they want Skyrim to be the game of the year so they decided to give it a bad review. But please look at everybody else`s review mostly the game has gotten a 10 out of 10 even with IGN. Please i beg you look at the description and find some other reviews of syward sword to see the others. Gamespot really didn`t do a good review they even said Link seems like old link with un-human like movements. Yet Nintendo changed the whole style of Link`s and everybody else`s movements to make it look more life like. Please look at IGN review Gametrailer`s review and review you can find, then watch the Gamespot`s review and see how completey different they are. Then watch the link i gave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu) you to the video. Please even if you want Skyrim to be game of the year, though i`m not saying you do. Please reconsider the score of Skyward sword. And even if Gamespot gave it a 7.5 it doesn`t mean that`s the average of the game. Check with every other review and then calculate the average. Then contact me at my email (mr.flash2017@yahoo.com) please do it now because the scores aren`t fair Expand
  61. Nov 22, 2011
    Hi folks! I'm 45+ hours in the game and I'm having a great experience. The other 10/10 reviews already tell what's so magical about this game. I'm absolutly loving it!!! Forget what the 0/10 people are saying. I's ****!
  62. Nov 22, 2011
    Being a Zelda fan since as long as I can remember, I am always wary of a "newcomer" game because I am afraid of being disappointed and getting my glowing memories of the Zelda franchise shattered. However, I can easily say that Skyward Sword just continues this memory and builds upon all of the good times that these games gave me in the past. 10 on beautiful impressionist-painting styleBeing a Zelda fan since as long as I can remember, I am always wary of a "newcomer" game because I am afraid of being disappointed and getting my glowing memories of the Zelda franchise shattered. However, I can easily say that Skyward Sword just continues this memory and builds upon all of the good times that these games gave me in the past. 10 on beautiful impressionist-painting style graphics, 10 on the story line and 10 on everything else. Thank you Nintendo!! Expand
  63. Nov 22, 2011
    What's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat aWhat's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat a dish that looks amazing but tastes of paper or chocolate ice cream even if itt looks like crap. This game is the best in the series and the best on Wii. Period. So haters just go do something else instead of just **** about a game just because it gets good reviews. Expand
  64. Nov 22, 2011
    hahaha. people are so dumb. one guy said the good reviews comes from a little minority of people. yet somehow there are 400X the about of good reviews thatn the bad ones. I have been playing zelda for a long time also. OOT was one of my favorite games of all times if not my number 1 favorite. I never expected this game to be better than that. I was delightfuly surprised. this game is justhahaha. people are so dumb. one guy said the good reviews comes from a little minority of people. yet somehow there are 400X the about of good reviews thatn the bad ones. I have been playing zelda for a long time also. OOT was one of my favorite games of all times if not my number 1 favorite. I never expected this game to be better than that. I was delightfuly surprised. this game is just pure bliss. I have never had a boring moment. as for the controls. .. i have had no problems. and if i have to calibrate once and a while, so what . big deal. it's worth the awesome sword fighting... all you trolls... get a life Expand
  65. Nov 27, 2011
    First of all, I wanna say that I'm probably the biggest Zelda-Fan in the universe. I love the series, I admire Nintendo's work and I really can't stop playing any Zelda game. However, let's get back to the review.

When I finished Zelda: Twiglight Princess in early January 2007 on the new Wii, the first thing I did after mashing Ganondorf was to google for Zelda 2 for Wii. I found a news saying that Aonuma already confirmed a brand new Zelda title for Wii. Since THEN I have been waiting for the E3 presentation of Skyward Sword.

I started crying after holding it in my hands... (Just kidding, but I was happy). I started playing it and I was happy. I saw a Link finally expressing his emotions, I heard the amazing, STUNNING new soundtrack and, I must admit, the beautiful grafics. Even though everyone says they look like crap, I really enjoy the art style, though it isn't as dark as it was in Twilight Princess. The controls of Skyward Sword are just perfect. They work better than your arms. Seriously, Skyward Sword is a video game with perfect controls and it is very hard to find other games with the same scheme.

Now the story... When I talked to my brother about the "new" Zelda game coming out soon, I already predicted that it is potentially the best Zelda game of all time. Remember, Ocarina Of Time IS the best (Zelda) video game of all time because it's got everything that touches the gamer. Great Story, great music, great visuals (we're talking about 1998). And those aspects are exactly the essential things in every good video game. Zelda: Skyward Sword was supposed to convince with it's story, it was supposed to convince with it's content. It was supposed to explain the happenings before Ocarina Of Time, so Skyward Sword was supposed to be another milestone, such as Twilight Princess.
    In fact, it does not convince with it's story. Last night, when I finished playing it... I was like: "When does it start, I'm still waiting...!" Then the credits. I was disappointed. I honestly expected more than that after thoes five long years. Don't get me wrong, Skyward Sword is worth playing it, especially to see and to learn how Nintendo figures out the full potential of the Wii. Those guys finally showed how the Wii was supposed to work. Also, I like the upgrad feature, just one of many new things. Ah... this **** word "suppose".

In conclusion, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a good game, but it doesn't have the great atmosphere, this typical Zelda flair. It's not epic. Not at all. It's just gone too casual. It has awesome visuals, spectacular controls and an awesome soundtrack. But again, it's story does not convince me as a hardcore Zelda fan. I'm disappointed and I feel sad after waiting 5 years and getting a too tiny Zelda world and a too short story.

Evaluation:

Visuals 8.5/10
    Sound 9/10
    Controls 10/10
    Story 5/10

End result: 7/10 (Does not correspond to the average score)
  66. Nov 27, 2011
    Great addition to the awesome The Legend Of Zelda franchise, this title lives up to all standards the Zelda series sets and raises them. A perfect 10 in my book.
  67. Nov 30, 2011
    Ok so I'll say this the short way and the long way, the short way this the best game of this generation wheter it's Wii, PS3 or 360 and makes the Wii a MUST HAVE console; alright now here's the long version. Skyward Sword relies hevaily on motion control, but those of you that think motion control is unresponsive will see no issues with this game wheter it's the sword, the bombs, or theOk so I'll say this the short way and the long way, the short way this the best game of this generation wheter it's Wii, PS3 or 360 and makes the Wii a MUST HAVE console; alright now here's the long version. Skyward Sword relies hevaily on motion control, but those of you that think motion control is unresponsive will see no issues with this game wheter it's the sword, the bombs, or the whip everything responds with pinpoint accuracy. Those of you who breezed trough twilight princess cause you were able to wildly swing the controller will have trouble enemys block depending on how you swing your sword so you have to take time to aim your strikes or youll be open to counterattack. Although Zelda is one of Nintendo's franchises well suited to realilistic graphics, I find Skyward Sword's graphics stunning and showing one of if not the best way to show off the wii's graphic capabillities (who says we need hd graphics to make a good looking game). The music is now fully orchestrated and wheter it was the classic Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time or the new Ballad of the Goddess main theme Skyward Sword's versions are now the ones the ring in my head constantly. The story also proves that there can be an amazing story with a great cast despite not bieng fully voiced while telling the origin of Zelda's boduguard Impa, the master sword, even Ganondorf to some extent. Skyward Sword also offers a higher difficulty mode called hero mode where even the most expierienced Zelda players will have trouble facing enimies but unfortunatly the dungeons don't get the Master Quest treatment. Skyward Sword is the reson to own a wii it's the best game of the last two generations if not going farther than that, it also repeats the cycle of all Nintendo consoles and handhelds with the last major Nintendo release; showing the real power of the system and evolving the series that is given the honor. It is the greatest update to the Zelda series since Ocarina and gets every Nintendo fan one last wii hurrah before we transition to Wii U next year. Expand
  68. Nov 28, 2011
    With complaints about the same old same old, these are a plus in my book. When they create a Zelda game i want a majority of the stuff i have seen before with subtle differences. With that i mostly mean upon mechanics, format etc. On the other hand the story should be its own new thing every time around. With skyward sword i get exactly that. The elements of zelda that i adore, Hearts (With complaints about the same old same old, these are a plus in my book. When they create a Zelda game i want a majority of the stuff i have seen before with subtle differences. With that i mostly mean upon mechanics, format etc. On the other hand the story should be its own new thing every time around. With skyward sword i get exactly that. The elements of zelda that i adore, Hearts ( Including Beeping), Music, Dungeons, Side Quests and side characters i couldnt be happier. they upgraded the fighting to 1:1 which is always fun and although the enemies sometimes get really repetitive, in what game do they not?. All in all 10/10 for me Expand
  69. Nov 28, 2011
    Gameplay: 10/10 Featuring highly intuitive controls and a very good use of the Wii remote's buttons. The Wii-Motion Plus enable enemies that cannot be defeated by just waggling the remote. Also, items are needed again and again, rather that in just one dungeon. The dungeons and main worlds are complex and detailed, without being to puzzling. Story: 10/10 An amazing, incredibly longGameplay: 10/10 Featuring highly intuitive controls and a very good use of the Wii remote's buttons. The Wii-Motion Plus enable enemies that cannot be defeated by just waggling the remote. Also, items are needed again and again, rather that in just one dungeon. The dungeons and main worlds are complex and detailed, without being to puzzling. Story: 10/10 An amazing, incredibly long story that is a must play game for any Zelda fan or any fan of games in general.
    Graphics: 9.5/10 Very, very good graphics which rival many photo-realistic HD console games. Some slight grainy pixels are noticeable during still cut-scenes. The art style is also amazing with colorful, yet believable design. Overall: 10/10 This is the best game for Wii ever, and likely the best Zelda game ever, quite possibly being the best game ever. Everyone should play this, ever if they are zealous HD-graphics zombies afraid of anything Nintendo.
  70. Nov 29, 2011
    Although Ocarina of Time will always have a special place in my heart, Skyward Sword has topped it to being the best Zelda ever.

First off, to the people who say the graphics are terrible, how so? Is it because it doesn't look realistic and looks cartoonish? There was only one Zelda game that looked kind of realistic, which was Twilight Princess. THAT game wasn't so great, especially for a Zelda game. In Skyward Sword, I like how the game is colorful. It brings back all of the nostalgia. The art style is amazing; the game was like a moving painting. The cutscenes were the best in the entire series! I was so shocked to see how beautiful the graphics actually were.

The story was amazing as well. It was about time Nintendo gave us an origin story, and boy, they really gave us one. The story starts out pretty simple, go save the girl, but it slowly gets more complex yet engaging as you progress through the game. The characters themselves were great. I think most people will start out hating this one particular guy, but towards the end, he'll be your favorite character. Zelda isn't a princess this time; she's Link's childhood friend and someone he cares about greatly, so you genuinely want to save her. Link himself is the most badass Link ever. Even more badass the Ocarina of Time Link! Although he's his usual silent self, he still shows so much emotion thanks to the graphics. And there are other, GREATER reasons why I think he's so freakin' awesome, but if I say why it'll just spoil the story for you ;) guess you gotta play it for yourself.

But really, although the graphics are stunning and the story is awesome, what REALLY makes this game the best is the gameplay. Seriously. Motion-plus for Zelda was the best thing ever since 3-D graphics. It works perfectly (and those who say it doesn't are just complete idiots), and fighting has never felt so satisfying than ever. The dungeons and puzzles are just perfection, I don't know how Nintendo keeps coming up with new and brilliant puzzles all the time. The only negative thing I can say for the motion plus is that you have to center it by pressing the down button every few hours, but it's not a big deal to just simply press a button.

All in all, this game is a masterpiece. The best game I've ever played for the past decade. For those who've given the game a 0 are just trolls. Don't listen to them. This game has everything. Amazing graphics, terrific story, and the best gameplay gaming has to offer. You don't need to take my word for it; just play the game and you'll see. You won't be disappointed. I mean, it's ZELDA after all!
  71. Nov 29, 2011
    What does Zelda mean for us? For some, it was the beginning (along with Mario) of the resurgence of gaming after the big collapse in the 80s. Others view it as the beginning of games being epic in scope, with vast content, a massive overworld, unique gameplay elements, tough combat and tricky puzzles all rolled into one, a few people can look at Zelda as the beginning of saved data andWhat does Zelda mean for us? For some, it was the beginning (along with Mario) of the resurgence of gaming after the big collapse in the 80s. Others view it as the beginning of games being epic in scope, with vast content, a massive overworld, unique gameplay elements, tough combat and tricky puzzles all rolled into one, a few people can look at Zelda as the beginning of saved data and they could finally clear their cabinets of all those passwords they had been writing down. But I think that most people will think of Zelda as the birth of a legend (pun intended) in the history of video games that many of us have come to love. With all this in mind, I believe that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has also created a new beginning. It's a new beginning for Zelda, gamers, graphics, music, storytelling, gameplay, and for the entire gaming industry in general.
    No doubt by now you've heard all the praise and reviews Skyward Sword has gotten. As of time of this writing, I've counted 24 perfect scores on Metacritic, including perfect scores from big names such as IGN and Game Informer. Now if you are interesting in some trolling, feel free to head over to Gamespot.com, but i digress. What Skyward Sword has done to earn these high reviews is completely justified. In the waning month of the Wii, Skyward Sword shines brightly in the sky to remind us to never underestimate what Nintendo has done, is doing, and will continue to do for the world of video games.
    I'll start off with the story, and I will only mention thing and events that Nintendo themselves released through trailers and press events. So unless you've been under a rock this whole time, consider this spoiler free. Skyward Sword is the beginning of it all. Nintendo has finally given us the beginning of the Zelda timeline (how you decide the timeline should connect is your business, but know that this game is the origin of it all). As always, this is a story of Link and Zelda,and this time it actually means something, gone is the distressed princess that previous served mainly as a plot device and in return, Zelda is an actual person. At the very beginning it shows that Link and Zelda have know each other forever, and in fact there is great chemistry between the two. Zelda is spunky, happy, full of life, and a bit of a tease too, but it's still obvious she cares for Link in a very human sense. It's very nice to see Zelda as more than one dimensional finally. And over the course of the story, she only gets better. Link, while silent as always, is still full of character, maybe even more so than in Twilight Princess. He is very express in his actions and is instantly likable to help us connect as him and to BE him. Whenever a major plot twist happened, it was like Nintendo was reading my mind and had Link react the way I was, especially true with any part involving Zelda. I can't forget to mention Fi, your new traveling companion, and probably should also be considered the comic relief. Because Fi isn't human, she has no concept of emotions or human understanding, and gives very blunt odds of success, but she is still very interesting and her lack of emotion is probably her standout personality trait. As for the main story, it's pretty straightforward. Zelda gets captured and you are the chosen hero to go and save her, eventually having to save the world. Along the way, there are some major plot twist that will strike a chord to every Zelda fan and answer quite a few major questions in the Zelda universe, leading to a complete ending that will lead into the rest of the Zelda lore. But it's the characters that bring us in and keep us on this journey that is so worthwhile.
    Artistically, this game is beautiful, and Nintendo shows again that art style will always outlast polygon count in terms of beauty. If you think of a Twilight Princess modelling on a Wind Waker palette, then you get Skyward Sword. Characters are expressive, the world is bright and colorful, and add a great visual filter that turns distance objects into an impressionistic painting, and you have the greatest thing the Wii has ever made.
    I will be short with sound, it's amazing, I can't imagine ever going back to MIDI have the musical score Nintendo has put together here. It simply must be heard to be believed.
    Gameplay is where Skyward Sword shines brightest. After 5 years, Nintendo has proven motion controls really do change everything. Sword swinging is very accurate, fluid, and necessary. You won't be able to waggle your way through this game. The items you get in the game all benefit from this control, and better, you'll be using all your items throughout the adventure. No items left behind (except for the slingshot for the bow eventually)
    If by now you've noticed, Skyward Sword has in fact ushered a new beginning. Skyward Sword is hands down the greatest Zelda ever made, one that will connect to every gamer out there. To sum this game up in one word, Legendary.
  72. Nov 30, 2011
    best game on the wii and one of the best games ever created, negative coments about this doesn't make sense at all, this is a masterpiece from begining to end..!
  73. Nov 30, 2011
    One of the finest examples in evolution of gameplay, a must-have and one of the best games ever created. If you want it don't be trolled out by bad reviews, just get it and see it for yourself.
  74. Nov 30, 2011
    Fast pacing and spot-on controls make this game the ultimate proof that Nintendo Wii and its motion controls can satisfy even the "hardcore" audience.
    amazing story, brilliant level design, memorable scores and the usual great game play we have been accustomed to when talking about Zelda.
    it is a must have for every video games lover!
  75. Dec 1, 2011
    Controls are perfect. Just throw away your Wii and go sleep if you have control problems. Anyway I'm so blessed that I could play the game during my life.
  76. Dec 2, 2011
    Skyward Sword Shows that the wii still has some life left in it. Its a truly amazing game that excels gamers expectations. The controls are tight and actually feel like your controlling a sword and shield and the implantation of a run button helps so much. Nintendo finally gave an origin story to the franchise a much needed one that captures the same feeling of ocarina of time. A lot ofSkyward Sword Shows that the wii still has some life left in it. Its a truly amazing game that excels gamers expectations. The controls are tight and actually feel like your controlling a sword and shield and the implantation of a run button helps so much. Nintendo finally gave an origin story to the franchise a much needed one that captures the same feeling of ocarina of time. A lot of people say that this game is just as good or if not very close to how good ocarina of time, and i can see why. The graphics are some of the best the wii has ever shown with an art style all its own, the story epic in every way "although still no voice acting" the controls shows us the way the wii was meant to be used, and the music truly blew my mind. Not since ocarina of time and well the original halo theme song did i get chills hearing the music in game. Over all to all this is an amazing game that much like ocarina everyone should play Expand
  77. Dec 2, 2011
    Amazing graphics, awesome gameplay, beautiful level desings, it makes me feel like I am playing majoras mask again, superb upgrades, it took me 75 hours to finish it at 100 %, this is what we waited 5 long years for... ENJOY IT!!!
  78. Dec 2, 2011
    Stupendous! Gamers really can't ask for more. The best Zelda according to me. From the controls, to the graphics, to the story, I was blown away. Nintendo really went all out with this one.
  79. Dec 26, 2011
    The Game's An Overall Masterpiece, Though Sometimes It Can Feel A Little Too Easy, And It's Real Annoying When The Controls Go Off Center. Other Than That,This Should Belong In Anyone's Collection!
  80. Dec 29, 2011
    WHY SO MUCH HATE? This is my first review and I will put this game a 10! you know why? is not because I'm a Zelda fan or a Wii fan... IT'S BECAUSE THIS GAME DESERVES IT! The motion control is NOT PERFECT, but it works very good. The graphics are perfect for being a Wii game. If this game was for PS or Xbox360 the graphics would be really bad but you can't expect perfect graphics for a WiiWHY SO MUCH HATE? This is my first review and I will put this game a 10! you know why? is not because I'm a Zelda fan or a Wii fan... IT'S BECAUSE THIS GAME DESERVES IT! The motion control is NOT PERFECT, but it works very good. The graphics are perfect for being a Wii game. If this game was for PS or Xbox360 the graphics would be really bad but you can't expect perfect graphics for a Wii game like Zelda, maybe for Mario. The plot is captivating and shows us the beginning of the franchise... Now, the formula WORKS AND WILL DO FOREVER! I will never show it's age because it's like this and there are other game like Skyrim and Call of Duty that have almost the same gameplay but with different story for all their games... but they're still good games and.. well, this game is awesome and the music is great so, I really recommend this. jl0329 commented a review for Dinasty Warriors? THIS IS SKYWARD SWORD FOCKING IDIOT!!! Expand
  81. May 10, 2012
    I'm sorry for being rude, but to everyone giving this game a 10 out of 10, and using remarks such as "Best Zelda Ever" and "a Masterpiece", are you all on meth? I UNDERSTAND it's your opinion, but it's also an opinion others are going to read and make their decision on this game upon. I LOVE the Zelda franchise, I have played every main game in the series, and only haven't beat 5 of them,I'm sorry for being rude, but to everyone giving this game a 10 out of 10, and using remarks such as "Best Zelda Ever" and "a Masterpiece", are you all on meth? I UNDERSTAND it's your opinion, but it's also an opinion others are going to read and make their decision on this game upon. I LOVE the Zelda franchise, I have played every main game in the series, and only haven't beat 5 of them, but I did beat Skyward Sword, within a week of it's release, and I was out the door to trade it in for Skyrim as soon as I saw "The End". I'm NOT saying this game is worth anything less than a 6 out of 10, but I AM saying that nearly every blockbuster game to come out in 2011 was better than this game. I'm also saying that this was the worst game in the franchise, completely abandoning the polished story telling, art and gameplay of all previous Zelda games in the past and devoting itself to a gimmick that Nintendo is pushing down our throats as fans of this series. I didn't want to buy the Wii Motion Plus, but I did just so I could play this game, and Nintendo understands that there are people like me out there, there are a lot, and they completely used that against us. As for everyone giving it anything over an 8 out of 10 and praising it like its some kind of milestone in the franchise, I'm going to have to assume you're all in denial, because like myself, you wanted this game to be worth the over 5 years it took to create, but it wasn't, so you don't need to ruin the accumulative score with your simplistic "OMG 10" reviews. As for the game, it's a 7 out of 10. As someone said before, for the worst game in the franchise, 7 is a pretty outstanding score. Expand
  82. Nov 21, 2011
    this is one of the most creative and beatiful games off all time with some of the most unique graphics to date, this game has the best motion controls of all the games this gen, a 50 to 100 or more hours of adventure with a amazing story, lots of side quests, and great cut scenes this is a long game worth your time and money, this is best game ever
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    From the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazingFrom the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazing control.

Figuring out that certain enemies drop certain things, which can be used for upgrading items was one of the most exciting parts. Definitely will enjoy adventuring all the lands in search of pieces to upgrade my already amazing arsenal of gear.
    beyond that, the cinematics are at peak, and are the best they've ever been. and last, the Graphics are GORGEOUS. i find myself looking at walls, just to see the amazing painting-like artwork throughout the game. over all, a very fun game. Definitely recommend, 10/10
  84. Nov 26, 2011
    Best zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, goBest zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, go back to playing your non cinematic skyrim. Just because a game has voice acting, doesnt make it any better, a perfect example of this is Dragon Age , where they literally killed the saga by adding voice acting along wiht many other flaws. Some argue nintendo is living in the past, but the past is doing a hell lot better than the present and this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  85. Nov 21, 2011
    I can see a problem and It's that this game is the greatest Zelda game, so ,the greatest game of the history, and this is the reason why the trolls or haters were giving bad notes, and it's fine, but in their interior they know that this Zelda is a Masterpiece, the controls, the gameplay, the story, all in this game is fantastic.
  86. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the negative reviews complaining about controls and fetch quests. There's always side quests in any sort of RPG, but they are OPTIONAL. Unless you count items and flames that you obtain in dungeons as fetch quests? Regardless, I've decided the control complaints are simply because you suck at the game. I've had no problems, and this is my favoriteI'm having a lot of trouble understanding the negative reviews complaining about controls and fetch quests. There's always side quests in any sort of RPG, but they are OPTIONAL. Unless you count items and flames that you obtain in dungeons as fetch quests? Regardless, I've decided the control complaints are simply because you suck at the game. I've had no problems, and this is my favorite Zelda game yet. The perfect blend of homages to previous games and new, imaginative elements and design. A must have for any gamer, Wii owner, or Zelda fan. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    Sound -> 10, it's Zelda, and sounds so good!
    Graphics -> 10, it's not HD, but it's beautiful, amazing design and colorful.
    Gameplay -> 10, 1:1, nothing more to say.
    Story -> 10 too.
  88. Nov 21, 2011
    Es genial, todo es sobresaliente. La música , los gráficos, la historia , las quest secundarias, volar...
    Es un paso evolutivo en la franquicia , las mazmorras. El control perfecto con el wii motion plus.
    La duración es buena.
    Lo tiene todo
  89. Nov 21, 2011
    Simple as this its a good as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and for people who never played that this is your chance to play a game as good as it and its GOTY for me hands down
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    It will make use your head until the end...It's one of the most difficult Zelda compared to the last Zeldas; excellent gameplay associated with a perfect game design. The Legend is back!!
  91. Nov 21, 2011
    This is one of the best games i have ever played. the visuals are stunning and the motion controls feel like it was meant for zelda. it has been receiving some of the best reviews i have seen on the net, getting a perfect 40 from FAMITSU magazine which consists of four different reviewers that review the game and give it a final score. only16 games in existence have achieved this before,This is one of the best games i have ever played. the visuals are stunning and the motion controls feel like it was meant for zelda. it has been receiving some of the best reviews i have seen on the net, getting a perfect 40 from FAMITSU magazine which consists of four different reviewers that review the game and give it a final score. only16 games in existence have achieved this before, Oot being the first. This is truely a game for the ages Expand
  92. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game! Great ideas, new experiences and a story that honors the entire legacy. The graphics are incredible for Wii's capacity and maybe you have to choose wisely your TV and it's configuration before start playing. Orchestras sounds are terrific and the controls REALLY work if you wanna play it correctly. Congrat's, Nintendo. Nobody does it better.
  93. Nov 26, 2011
    A simply brilliant game from the creative minds of Nintendo. The motion control is great fun and the art style really fits Zelda. The characters all have unique personality traits as well as looks. Small details and little changes to the zelda formula make this a refreshing change of pace for the series.
  94. Nov 26, 2011
    just amazing... one of the best games i´ve ever playd...... its beautifull and full of feelings the advernture, the characters, link, zelda, the places, the dugeons... everyting its so amazing... i just love this game.. its a "must have" and... game of the year....
  95. Nov 27, 2011
    A tip for those playing Skyward Sword on HDTVs: turn your sharpness setting all the way down, along with shutting off edge enhancement. The game's art style is gorgeous, but on a TV made to run at 1080p those jaggy edges don't do it justice. These settings add a subtle blur that brings out the painterly qualities of the graphics.

16 hours in, feeling like this might supplant Wind Waker as

16 hours in, feeling like this might supplant Wind Waker as my favorite Zelda title. Since I'm not done I set my score at 8, so I wouldn't impact the Zeros v. Tens war that y'all always seem to be waging.
  96. Dec 5, 2011
    A fantastic game from start to finish! The one-to-one movement swordplay made me feel more powerful than any other game i have played. The aesthetics and music complement the game perfectly and give it a truly 'epic' feel. Truly the Wii's swansong release!

Full review at http://infinityfeed.blogspot.com/2011/11/legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-review.html
  97. Nov 20, 2011
    Not the best wii game, is not the
    best nintendo game is not the best
    game of this gene is in the best game I've played in my life ... this game is simply a work of art, beyond anything I've ever played, its graphics are wonderful and are very well defined (eg shadows) and the graphic quality deserves a 10 as well as pc. epic sound and well defined, the soundtrack is a great job
    Not the best wii game, is not the
    best nintendo game is not the best
    game of this gene is in the best
    game I've played in my life ... this
    game is simply a work of art, beyond
    anything I've ever played, its
    graphics are wonderful and are very
    well defined (eg shadows) and the
    graphic quality deserves a 10 as well
    as pc. epic sound and well defined,
    the soundtrack is a great job and
    without comparison, you could
    expect from a Zelda? Wii technology
    used to 100 in this game, see note 8
    enemies moving in front of you with
    total flow while moving the wii
    motion +. overflows innovation and
    gameplay is superb, find those who
    hate nintendo or play pure shooters,
    this is a masterpiece of 10:)
  98. Nov 23, 2011
    one word. awesome. everything that it gets picked on for seems to be absolute rubbish to me, controls are precise, accurate and well polished, artwork is beautiful (graphics snobs can **** right off now) and the gameplay, storyline and soundtrack are beyond what I expected. plus I got it one day early down here in Australia, nearly lost my mind, and haven't been let down since.
  99. Nov 27, 2011
    The game is good. But i do have to question how many 10's you all are giving it. This is far from a 10 as Zelda games go. Skyward Sword is one giant fetch quest with some dungeons peppered in. Twilight Princess was that perfect refinement of the Zelda series up to its point in time. For Skyward Sword to feel like a true departure, they would have needed to do more than add motionThe game is good. But i do have to question how many 10's you all are giving it. This is far from a 10 as Zelda games go. Skyward Sword is one giant fetch quest with some dungeons peppered in. Twilight Princess was that perfect refinement of the Zelda series up to its point in time. For Skyward Sword to feel like a true departure, they would have needed to do more than add motion controls and strip out the exploration of an overworld (a KEY hallmark of the series). Understandably, the developers still needed SS to feel like a Zelda game - which it still very much does - but they would have been wise to completely revolutionize the series with this entry instead of the next one on Wii-U. Nintendo needs a big shot in the arm right now to remind fans that they are capable of pushing the envelope with ALL of its series, as they proved so gracefully with Mario Galaxy. It really does seem to me that all the perfect scores dolled out to Skyward Sword may be the result of advertising deals, rose tinted glasses, or just pure hype. This Zelda is ultimately a disappointment and I am not excited to play it again in all it's tedium and tacked on fetch quests which extend to length of the game. I do agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives, as usual, but there are enough negatives this time around that the game feels like a chore 50% of the time. This is perhaps the Worst Best game i have ever played. (8.5) Expand
  100. Nov 26, 2011
    Don't pay attention to the fools giving out the same excuse for why this game is bad or lacking, following Tom Mc shea's comments. Motion controls are great and fluid. Please find something better to troll. You might also say it's the same old Zelda. But that "same old" has always been sensational. Also anyone who gave this score a zero is not giving a legit review. I give this game a 9.9Don't pay attention to the fools giving out the same excuse for why this game is bad or lacking, following Tom Mc shea's comments. Motion controls are great and fluid. Please find something better to troll. You might also say it's the same old Zelda. But that "same old" has always been sensational. Also anyone who gave this score a zero is not giving a legit review. I give this game a 9.9 which rounds up to a ten. It's not perfect but then again what is. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.