7.9

1. Nov 22, 2011
    What's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat aWhat's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat a dish that looks amazing but tastes of paper or chocolate ice cream even if itt looks like crap. This game is the best in the series and the best on Wii. Period. So haters just go do something else instead of just **** about a game just because it gets good reviews. Expand
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    Being a Zelda fan since as long as I can remember, I am always wary of a "newcomer" game because I am afraid of being disappointed and getting my glowing memories of the Zelda franchise shattered. However, I can easily say that Skyward Sword just continues this memory and builds upon all of the good times that these games gave me in the past. 10 on beautiful impressionist-painting styleBeing a Zelda fan since as long as I can remember, I am always wary of a "newcomer" game because I am afraid of being disappointed and getting my glowing memories of the Zelda franchise shattered. However, I can easily say that Skyward Sword just continues this memory and builds upon all of the good times that these games gave me in the past. 10 on beautiful impressionist-painting style graphics, 10 on the story line and 10 on everything else. Thank you Nintendo!! Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2011
    Hi folks! I'm 45+ hours in the game and I'm having a great experience. The other 10/10 reviews already tell what's so magical about this game. I'm absolutly loving it!!! Forget what the 0/10 people are saying. I's ****!
  4. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is a Masterpiece!!! I have beeb playing for 25 hours and is wonderful and awesome. My favorite Zelda was before Majora's mask but after playing Skyward Sword I need to think about it.jajaja

Sorry for my English! is not my natal lenguage.
  5. Nov 22, 2011
    Been playing this series since the first one on the NES, and this is a fairly solid entry to the Zelda series, but there are some problems. For one thing, I'm pretty sick of the motion controls for the sword, I'd like an option for classic zelda style controls. In heated combat the motion controls feel unresponsive, and many enemies require precision strikes to defeat. The shields feelBeen playing this series since the first one on the NES, and this is a fairly solid entry to the Zelda series, but there are some problems. For one thing, I'm pretty sick of the motion controls for the sword, I'd like an option for classic zelda style controls. In heated combat the motion controls feel unresponsive, and many enemies require precision strikes to defeat. The shields feel utterly useless, they take up a space in your 'adventure pouch' a separate inventory from your normal gear and have a durability meter. The shield is made even more useless by the fact that extreme aggression is usually the method required to defeat enemies, rarely you will encounter an enemy who requires you use the shield. An MMO style grinding mechanic has been introduced: acquire treasures to upgrade your items, most of these come from monster drops, which are randomized, so be ready to grind out some keese in a zelda game to make your shield slightly better. The first boss is very un-zelda-y and feels out of place, you don't even get a chance to use your first dungeon item against it. Instead, it will serve to emphasize how off the controls feel, as you try to move your sword to strike from another angle, only to have it counted as a swing, and get damaged for it. Additionally the "Navi"-like entity accompanying you somehow feels less helpful than Navi ever did. Most enemies you encounter will only have very barebones descriptions which can leave you guessing what you're doing wrong while you get pummeled and struggle against them and the controls. Some of the enemies such as the "Armos" can stunlock you for a good 3-4 hearts in a row, making you very frustrated. This is possibly the first zelda game where I've ever been stunlocked by an enemy that just camps my knocked down body and gets free hits in taking half my hearts. The boomerang appears to be missing, and replaced by a slow flying beetle robot, which has a much different functionality. The beetle is less of a in-combat weapon and more of an out of combat seeker missile/bomber/puzzle tool. All in all, it isn't a bad zelda game, but it really needs more options to allow you to fine tune the controls or completely disable the combat motion controls in favor of standard controller play. With the option to disable motion controls I would have no pressing complaints about this title, but sadly this is not the case. Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a really really good game, the controls work very well after you get used to them, you can NOT waggle your way through, people who say you can obviously didn't make it out of Skyloft before doing their reviews. It's a really good story, the relationships feel less forced this time around and the characters are creative and come to life throughout the game. The people who have beenThis is a really really good game, the controls work very well after you get used to them, you can NOT waggle your way through, people who say you can obviously didn't make it out of Skyloft before doing their reviews. It's a really good story, the relationships feel less forced this time around and the characters are creative and come to life throughout the game. The people who have been giving this game a 0 are idiots, some named good points meaning the game to them obviously was somewhat good to them, they are just giving 0s to be trolls. I personally believe this game deserves a 9.5 I wouldn't give any game a 10 but this game comes close to it. Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    People who complain this Zelda isn't Zelda should have played more Zelda games besides Ocarina of time or Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword goes back to it's A Link to the past, Link's awakening roots with more influence of Windwaker, The minish cap, The Oracles series. Looking at the limitation of the Wii graphics, this game really nails it with it's amazing artstyle. The bright colorsPeople who complain this Zelda isn't Zelda should have played more Zelda games besides Ocarina of time or Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword goes back to it's A Link to the past, Link's awakening roots with more influence of Windwaker, The minish cap, The Oracles series. Looking at the limitation of the Wii graphics, this game really nails it with it's amazing artstyle. The bright colors work well for a Zelda game, something I missed from the previous console title Twilight Princess. Overal this game is the best Zelda to date. For me it's a title that has finally beaten Ocarina of time from it's trone. Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2011
    ZELDA GAME THIS MEETS EXPECTATIONS THAT THE GREAT MAJORITY OF FANS LOOKING FOR SAGA, THE CONTROL IS VERY GOOD, history and character interaction and the appearance visual and musical, though not COMES MASTER IS OOT It alone can SHINE
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. the graphics are perfectly done: backgrounds, floors, walls simulate beautiful paintings. Controls are perfected, Link will even twist his hand at your command. This game is like one of those dreams that you don't want to wake up. This game is for what Zelda was created, no, this game is for what video games were created! 10/10
  10. Nov 22, 2011
    Nintendo has finally delivered on what they promised us with the Wii. The game offers 1:1 motion controls that work perfectly. The game design is masterful, and I feel the same sense of mystery when exploring this game, as I did when playing A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. An incredible game, and an amazing way for the Wii to trail off into the sunset.
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    It's sad to see all the haters destroy the true user score of a masterpiece. I'm playing for over 35 hours now and I can assure you that all those people who gave a score below 8 haven't played the game properly or far enough. This game is superb! Great controls, characters, story & design aside: the puzzles are awesome! They are fresh, exciting & most important challenging. This gameIt's sad to see all the haters destroy the true user score of a masterpiece. I'm playing for over 35 hours now and I can assure you that all those people who gave a score below 8 haven't played the game properly or far enough. This game is superb! Great controls, characters, story & design aside: the puzzles are awesome! They are fresh, exciting & most important challenging. This game sucks you in and I'm having a hard time letting the controller go. I just wanna play more. That's the reason why I stop here ;) Don't let the haters win!!! Write a honest review!!! Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    Espectacular! desprende magia por todos sus pixeles, el gameplay es perfecto.... un juego envolvente, divertido desde el primer minuto. El mejor juego de esta generación sin lugar a dudas.

Perfecto
  13. Nov 22, 2011
    I haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my handI haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my hand doesn't go far enough to the right to do a slice, and it ends up not slicing at all.

The antagonist looks gay and stupid, but still does a good job at being the villain, although a more masculine character would've been better. The storyline isn't the best so far, either. You're just trying to stop the villain.

The game also feels a bit linear, and there isn't a whole lot to explore. You're restricted to running around in a pretty small area as opposed to Twilight Princess where you had a huge area to explore. There are pretty much no people or shops on the ground, either. The only people you can talk to properly are in the sky, making the ground a boring place where you're pretty much restricted to following the storyline.

Fi (your helper) is the most boring character ever. She doesn't have any characteristics at all. She just so... straight. Midna had a personality which made her a loveable character, while Fi doesn't have any personality at all and functions pretty much like a robot. She's nothing to hate, but nothing to like either.

The ability to run is a well needed one. Good work, big N.

The soundtrack isn't very good so far. There are absolutely no masterpieces. Really disappointing for a franchise that has delivered quality soundtracks for 25 years. Theme flying-theme is my favorite piece so far, even though it doesn't really sound all that adventurous and reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy 2. Maybe that's because it's orchestrated, but it still does.

The flying is fun for the first hour or so. After that it gets repetitive and boring. There is nothing to see except floating islands with maybe a treasure chest on them or something uninteresting. Absolutely boring, and you have to use the Loftwing every time you want to go somewhere. In Twilight Princess you could just warp to different places where you'd been. In Skyward Sword you have to save at a bird statue to get that warp point, and you still have to fly your bird to it.

On the topic of bird statues - what a load of **** If there's one thing I hate in a video game it's not being able to save whenever you want to. I was in the middle of one of the spiritual training-things when I had to leave. It was either turn the Wii off, lose progress, or let it be on for the rest of the night. Power-consuming and irritating. Why Nintendo, WHY!?! Fair enough, you have to use them to get yourself back above the clouds, but why not just call Fi and let her do it?

The shield system is ass. The iron shield breaks after a couple of hits, and you don't get the Hylian shield until way later in the game. Why not save us the trouble of having to go back to Skyloft whenever the shield gets destroyed? The shield is so necessary during certain boss fights that you have to leave the dungeon and come back.

On the topic of bosses - some are fun and challenging, others just annoying. Due to the graphical style in the game, you can't make the bosses nearly as fierce as they were in Twilight Princess. Instead you have to deal with some bosses that just look stupid, and not scary. Even Ocarina of Time, with all it's polygons had scarier bosses. And that's saying something.

The graphical style was a major disappointment when I first saw the game at E3. I felt that it would limit the game, and it does. The game does look good, but it doesn't make the experience as good as it could've been with a darker style. Everything would look more "badass". Bokoblins looks like something a two year old has drawn. Same for the fifth temple boss. As a 17-year old I do of course enjoy more realistic enemies. Nintendo wants to reach out to a wider audience, of course, but for long time Zelda-fans it's disappointing.

All in all it's a good game and a nice addition to the franchise, however it has its flaws. Really not a whole lot innovative other than the new controls. The story isn't spectacular so far and it's not a whole lot new. It could've had a lot more done to it and a bit more polish, but it's a good game which will provide you with a lot of fun for a good amount of time. It was a tough decision to decide between 8 and 9, but it gets a 9. The annoyances and soundtrack pulls it down from a perfect 10.
  14. Nov 22, 2011
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    This game is so **** epic. **** off these stupid haters, ****
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    First and foremost, you can discount any the individuals who scored this game a ZERO, few games (if any) deserve such a non-score. Now lets get onto the people who have actually played the game and as such are fairly marking what so far they have encountered...

I'm roughly 10 hours in and thus far can find nothing in which to fault. Stunning vistas, bold characters, innovative and faultless motion controls AND a beautiful orchestral score. In the last couple of month I have purchased Arkham City and Uncharted 3, both are good BUT both leave me feeling cold, Skyward Sword is another of those Nintendo games which is polished to perfection and given the added ingredient other "rival" developers cant ever replicate...that magic.
  16. Nov 22, 2011
    El mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y SpiritEl mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y Spirit Tracks, el mundo mas vacio incluso que Twilight Princess, el Boss Final mas facil de derrotar que el emo de Grihaim o como se llama, el efecto acaurela es otra mierda mas del juego, de tocarse los huevos el equipo desarrollador. Expand
  17. Nov 22, 2011
    Its the best zelda game of the series, and probably the best wii game. Good graphics, good gameplay, intense history about the origin of the master sword and use all the wii features you can desire to play.If you have wii or dont, buy it and play one of the best games of the generation.
  18. Nov 22, 2011
    Un bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellementUn bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellement pathétique que je vais faire la même chose sur son jeu adoré , en pestant sur la jouabilité ... j'espère qu'il lira mon test , et se rendra compte de sa connerie ^^ Expand
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    This game makes new standard for all motion games. If you like Zelda games then you'll love it and won't even want to go back to old control scheme. This is probably last worth game for the Wii but really, it's a must to own it and play it. The game is getting everywhere positive reviews from critics (this is rather confirmation that in 90% bad reviews are made from fanboys here..). I'veThis game makes new standard for all motion games. If you like Zelda games then you'll love it and won't even want to go back to old control scheme. This is probably last worth game for the Wii but really, it's a must to own it and play it. The game is getting everywhere positive reviews from critics (this is rather confirmation that in 90% bad reviews are made from fanboys here..). I've played almost all Zeldas and I like them all, but for now this is one of my favourites. Hope you will have also the same good time as I had playing it. 10/10 ! Expand
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    1 word...........said multiple times.....

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    Amazing game. I've been waiting for this game for over a year. You know what I say, it was worth it. It has really good controls. Spaced out enemys. You can even adjust how to point the wii remote, so you can sit at any angle you want. 11/10
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect in every way, definitely the most enjoyable Zelda I've ever played. Packed full of plenty of side missions as well as a very well-done main quest, it's a non-stop ride of pure joy and excitement. Anyone who enjoys gaming should definitely pick this up, a must-buy for sure.
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    A perfect game through and through - I give a 10/10 perfect score to this game! Zelda actually has a personality this time. It is a true Legend. Highly recommended.
  24. Nov 21, 2011
    It's Nintendo. It's Zelda. It's Wii motion control done correctly. It's a ten! ;)
    There is no doubt in my mine, even after just 12 hours on it, that it's the best 3D Zelda ever made!
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    Undoubtedly, unarguably, unquestionably, unequivocally, and UNMISTAKABLY the best, most in-depth, well-played Zelda game I have ever purchased. I can not believe the amount of effort that Nintendo must have put into this game. It will lead you on a trail through a whole train-ride of emotions, ranging from giddiness to rapturous, from tenebrous to fluorescence, from the simplestUndoubtedly, unarguably, unquestionably, unequivocally, and UNMISTAKABLY the best, most in-depth, well-played Zelda game I have ever purchased. I can not believe the amount of effort that Nintendo must have put into this game. It will lead you on a trail through a whole train-ride of emotions, ranging from giddiness to rapturous, from tenebrous to fluorescence, from the simplest depression to the most magnificent happiness! You will buy this game, and you will NOT be dissapointed! The controls are simply splendid, and Nintendo has perfectly achieved the goal of putting you in a real game to the fullest extent! In the Zelda franchise, you are supposed to insert yourself as Link, and the Wii Motion+ makes this all the more corporeal! Combat system in a game before this? Hah! This IS combat. There is no way another game has had a more advanced and splendidly working combat system, ever. End of story. And the variation from the other games! I was never one of those people to say that Zelda hasn't evolved over the years, but I never explicitly believed it lead a revolution - until now. Saying that the Zelda franchise hasn't been evolving after playing this game is like saying that the Call of Duty franchise IS evolving - it's a complete and utter lie! It's not as if you expect them to make something that isn't a Zelda game, do you? If you do, that's what other games are for! You play Zelda because you enjoyed a previous Zelda game, not because you're expecting an entirely different game!

Everything is riddled with riddles that actually make you think! The puzzle system is entirely duked out beyond belief, and it provides a good challenge to those who are up to it, but if you ever get stuck, there's special 'stones' around to help you out that are completely optional. Zelda games have always been the leading franchise as far as puzzling dungeons go, and this one is no exception. You will be impressed, and I don't doubt it.

It is a one of a kind puzzle/adventure game, one that cannot be missed out on. It is a suave masterpiece and a prodigy in its own - I believe that it is Nintendo's magnum opus. You will not be dissapointed.
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    This game deserves a 10 out of 10 Gamespot is wrong about skyward sword. Check out this vid it by the WiiFolderJosh an official reviewer company [(here is the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu ] basically this guy does his skyward sword gameplay live with his body on the bottom right corner showing all the moves he is doing. And Link is doing exactly what he isThis game deserves a 10 out of 10 Gamespot is wrong about skyward sword. Check out this vid it by the WiiFolderJosh an official reviewer company [(here is the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu ] basically this guy does his skyward sword gameplay live with his body on the bottom right corner showing all the moves he is doing. And Link is doing exactly what he is doing on the screen. Gamespot, i really disagree with them with their review. Gamespot says the controls are innacurate yet he says you can waggle your way to victory. But his review is very innacurate. And to disagree with you metacritics the average rating of syward sword is a 10 out of ten not including gamespot with their innacurate review. I mean have you ever seen their review. I know they want Skyrim to be the game of the year so they decided to give it a bad review. But please look at everybody else`s review mostly the game has gotten a 10 out of 10 even with IGN. Please i beg you look at the description and find some other reviews of syward sword to see the others. Gamespot really didn`t do a good review they even said Link seems like old link with un-human like movements. Yet Nintendo changed the whole style of Link`s and everybody else`s movements to make it look more life like. Please look at IGN review Gametrailer`s review and review you can find, then watch the Gamespot`s review and see how completey different they are. Then watch the link i gave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=feedu) you to the video. Please even if you want Skyrim to be game of the year, though i`m not saying you do. Please reconsider the score of Skyward sword. And even if Gamespot gave it a 7.5 it doesn`t mean that`s the average of the game. Check with every other review and then calculate the average. Then contact me at my email (mr.flash2017@yahoo.com) please do it now because the scores aren`t fair Expand
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely revolutionary. HAVE NO IDEA what's up with the negatives... it's just fan boys marking it badly but just look at the critic reviews. Those reviews are the ones you can rely on...which I did to decide to buy the game. 49.99 is a great price for a great game
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for whatThis game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for what I think should have been included, or for hardware limitations.

If you read other reviews you will see complaints of this game being too long, or having too much dialogue. I wasn't at the meeting where getting hours of play-through time for your money was a bad thing, but it was probably where MW3 was conceptualized. If this game can't hold the attention of your 8 year old, I feel really and truly bad for you. I played Ocarina of Time when I was 8 and it gave me hours of entertainment, and never once did I become bored simply because of the need to read, or the time it took to complete.
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    All of the people that say this is a bad game probably never even got past the tutorials. It's a sad day when such a beautiful, amazing game gets bogged down with bogus reviews. The controls are good, after you get used to them. The story and gameplay are superb, easily one of the best games Nintendo has ever made. It deserves the amazing critic reviews and to me is better than skyrim.
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    I've been playing it for about 4 hours and can't get enough of it. The Wii Motion Plus really helps the game, and I think is going to be be a very good rival for Ocarina of Time as the best Zelda Ever.
  31. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this game! The best Zelda game in history! The motion controls couldn't have been more perfect then they are now. The story is engaging and the music is top notch. Buy this ASAP!
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono. Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  33. Nov 21, 2011
    Nintendo is trying to innovate instead of creating another OoT clone; In my opinion, they've succeeded. The controls are well done, the story is great, the characters are nicely developed and likable. Instead of vast open unfilled areas they've condensed it to three areas that you visit multiple times, unlocking a new area each time. Some might consider this a 'lack of content', but thatNintendo is trying to innovate instead of creating another OoT clone; In my opinion, they've succeeded. The controls are well done, the story is great, the characters are nicely developed and likable. Instead of vast open unfilled areas they've condensed it to three areas that you visit multiple times, unlocking a new area each time. Some might consider this a 'lack of content', but that is just not true.
    I've heard a lot of people complain about the controls, but they are just waggling the wiimote like an idiot; It's very responsive and adds to the immersion.

I give this game a 9/10 with the only actual gripe I have with it being the amount of fetch quests.
  34. Nov 21, 2011
    Skyward Sword adds some new elements to the overarching Zelda timelines but also answers a few in the process. However, though the storyline is engaging enough to keep you playing, the inconsistent Wii Motion Plus controls paired with shoddy aiming will cause you to pay attention to your hastily rising blood pressure instead of the story.

I'd say aside from the controls, my biggest gripe

I'd say aside from the controls, my biggest gripe with the game overall is that the "New Formula" added in Skyward Sword, which has you solving puzzles and defeating enemies almost at a constant rate. It makes me long for the times where I could calmly ride through Hyrule field, or stroll through Kakariko Village and enjoy the sites without having to constantly think and fight (or flail around my arms for that matter).

Skyward Sword is a fun game that is worth-while to play through, and while the controls can be frustrating, more often than not you'll find them to be tolerable. This is definitely not the best Zelda game since OOT, A Link to the Past, or Majora's Mask, but it's still a pretty good entry. Don't buy into too much of the hype, or disappointment may ensue.
  35. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome! The characters feel real! This is what gaming is about! The interface is perfect! The motion controls are accurate and smooth. The story is well-told by a cast of believable characters.
  36. Nov 21, 2011
    Featuring many of the series best ideas while bringing in an array of new ideas to the franchise; The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is fantastic.

One of the best improvements come from the control system. One of the few games to truly utilize the Wii, the fighting finally feels natural and adds some depth to the battle system, which has been a very shallow area in previous instalments. The controls also breathe life into the flight mechanic. It could have become very tedious, alike to how some took the boat in Wind Waker, however, the one-to-one twisting of the wii remote and the speed between destinations allow it to be an enjoyable part of the game, even towards the end of the game.

The best part of the game however comes with the exploration between dungeons. In previous instalments it was purely to get from destination to destination and could have been taken as pretty lacklustre (Majoraâ
  37. Nov 21, 2011
    This is one of the best games i have ever played. the visuals are stunning and the motion controls feel like it was meant for zelda. it has been receiving some of the best reviews i have seen on the net, getting a perfect 40 from FAMITSU magazine which consists of four different reviewers that review the game and give it a final score. only16 games in existence have achieved this before,This is one of the best games i have ever played. the visuals are stunning and the motion controls feel like it was meant for zelda. it has been receiving some of the best reviews i have seen on the net, getting a perfect 40 from FAMITSU magazine which consists of four different reviewers that review the game and give it a final score. only16 games in existence have achieved this before, Oot being the first. This is truely a game for the ages Expand
  38. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game! Great ideas, new experiences and a story that honors the entire legacy. The graphics are incredible for Wii's capacity and maybe you have to choose wisely your TV and it's configuration before start playing. Orchestras sounds are terrific and the controls REALLY work if you wanna play it correctly. Congrat's, Nintendo. Nobody does it better.
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the negative reviews complaining about controls and fetch quests. There's always side quests in any sort of RPG, but they are OPTIONAL. Unless you count items and flames that you obtain in dungeons as fetch quests? Regardless, I've decided the control complaints are simply because you suck at the game. I've had no problems, and this is my favoriteI'm having a lot of trouble understanding the negative reviews complaining about controls and fetch quests. There's always side quests in any sort of RPG, but they are OPTIONAL. Unless you count items and flames that you obtain in dungeons as fetch quests? Regardless, I've decided the control complaints are simply because you suck at the game. I've had no problems, and this is my favorite Zelda game yet. The perfect blend of homages to previous games and new, imaginative elements and design. A must have for any gamer, Wii owner, or Zelda fan. Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    Well, this game has the best controls ever seen in a game. The story is awesome and the swordplay is simply perfect. I think this is a game that will pass through generations... it's really a masterpiece.
  41. Nov 21, 2011
    great game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is alwaysgreat game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is always hitting B to equipped the item that alrealy set on B. once it's set it should be set. also B should use the item instead of hitting B then A to shoot. but still a great game my fav is majora's mask then a tie between this and twilight princess. Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2011
    People who say this is "dumb" or "boring" don't know how to play video games then. It's not the same. It's everything we love about Zelda, but in a different way. Half of you probably say that, then give Call of Duty or some sports game a 10/10. Stupid hypocrites.
    Pros: This game is amazing. It's well worth the 10/10 and is way more fun to play than Skyrim or Battlefield 3. I haven't touched either since I've gotten the game. Skyrim is decent, but leaves the player left doing nothing with tremendous power and is barely a challenge. The only challenge I found were the OHKO bosses and Giants. But even then, after you get the ebony stuff, it's too easy. BF3 is okay, but idc for shooters anymore because gameplay wise it's not changing. I like BF3 a little more though because it's squad base, granted if you find a squad who does squad things. The reason I threw those two games in here is because it's to make a point, both games are not revolutionizing gameplay. The main thing is your stuck using a controller and it's not like your actually doing anything, just watching. Like a movie with choices to choose your adventure kinda thing. Then comes along BF3, where it's still your point and shoot shooter. yeah it's overly harsh and you have to go into more detail, but lets face it, the only thing seperating BF3 and MW3 are a few gameplay differences. What makes Skyward sword different is the new motion controls that make you feel more like Link. That alone makes the game a 8/10. Getting more into the game, there's tons of neat little references to past Zelda games, epic music, a vast world(s), and for a first, a pretty good story to boot. This game also proves a game doesn't need great graphics to be great. That reminds me, How's that swimming coming along in Skyrim? Compared to Skyward Sword's water physics, Skyrim looks like jello or something. Horrible in Skyrim. Worst part is Bethesda doesn't know how to do bug fixes and leave it up to the fanbase to do it. Nintendo takes pride in their games at least and fixes those bugs so the player doesn't have to do anything except enjoy.
    Cons: The controls are a bit annoying, but that's because I usually play laying down :P This just means I need to get my lazy butt up of the couch more or less. Nothing has made this a game a disappointment and anyone who thinks it does is just a nintendo-hater who thinks only good games are the violent ones.
    Nintendo proves again you can make a great game with just gameplay. I can't wait for the next installment in the Zelda series, it'll be tough to beat this one.
  43. Nov 21, 2011
    The intention of this review is to counter the obscene number of haters who rated the game 0 but didn't write up a review. Fanboism is despicable. I'm all for freedom of speech, but there's no denying the fact that you are a coward and a disgrace to your family and humanity if you leave a 0 score and don't have the balls to attach your handle and explain yourself.
  44. Nov 21, 2011
    I can see a problem and It's that this game is the greatest Zelda game, so ,the greatest game of the history, and this is the reason why the trolls or haters were giving bad notes, and it's fine, but in their interior they know that this Zelda is a Masterpiece, the controls, the gameplay, the story, all in this game is fantastic.
  45. Nov 21, 2011
    Sound -> 10, it's Zelda, and sounds so good!
    Graphics -> 10, it's not HD, but it's beautiful, amazing design and colorful.
    Gameplay -> 10, 1:1, nothing more to say.
    Story -> 10 too.
  46. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect soMy favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect so far. I've had zero issues with registering jabs or swings and have only needed to recenter the cursor a couple of times while looking at the map. I'm guessing that the people that are having issues aren't use to the motion controls, have a broken controller, or haven't played the game. It looks like all of the COD trolls are trying to avenge their user metascore. Expand
  47. Nov 21, 2011
    It will make use your head until the end...It's one of the most difficult Zelda compared to the last Zeldas; excellent gameplay associated with a perfect game design. The Legend is back!!
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    A Different, but still very good Zelda Game. I now play for 21 hours and the game is definitely a masterpiece. There are incorporated so many small elements that it is unique in its kind but I like the look, it fits Zelda and the game looks like a walking painting. As always, everything has a purpose and use in Zelda. The puzzles are great made â
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity,10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity, even while she is something fun and calculator. The control of the sword is the evolution we expected to see 5 years ago. Hours and hours of exploration, unexpected, exciting story. In short, a memorable milestone of Zelda in its 25 years of existence. Expand
  50. Nov 21, 2011
    This game definitely is one of the better Zelda games I've played.. but not the best, not by a long shot. The graphics are alright, yes they are very artistic looking, but that doesn't hide the fact that pixels are made very obvious. But hey, I can forgive graphics and graphics don't make a game (although personally TP has better graphics IMO..). The gameplay itself is as good as ever, butThis game definitely is one of the better Zelda games I've played.. but not the best, not by a long shot. The graphics are alright, yes they are very artistic looking, but that doesn't hide the fact that pixels are made very obvious. But hey, I can forgive graphics and graphics don't make a game (although personally TP has better graphics IMO..). The gameplay itself is as good as ever, but the motion controls really put a downer on it, as personally, I'm more of a button-masher than a motion controlled sword swinging guy, sorry but they just bug me, plus the motion control don't always work which is VERY frustrating! Anyway, the story so far isn't too bad, but I'd prefer a darker story like TP's, but hey-ho I'll see how it turns out (only at the 2nd dungeon so not really judging it yet don't worry). It's kind of obvious that I've set my standards high after playing TP, because after that I couldn't really get into WW or PH/ST, they were just too childish for my taste, lets just hope this isn't either! Expand
  51. Nov 21, 2011
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Graphics: is a kind of impressionist style, it's art in motion! you can pause the game and conteplate something amazing. Gameplay: The most innovative Zelda of all, a lot of FUN! you will be the hand of link using the master sword, run and jump as never and of course a lot of rpg options are added. Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me.

Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda games were you can undertand many thing of the Zelda universe.

Conclusion: a epic game, a legend that gives you 50/100 hrs of FUN!
  52. Nov 21, 2011
    Fantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of timeFantastic game, got it on Friday and played for about 20 hours, does everything right and skimming over the negative comments convinces me people are rating 0s despite not even playing the game. For example calibrating the motion plus isn't even an issue, it takes about 6 seconds and I've only ever needed to do it after turning the controller off, I've played for long periods of time without needing to calibrate once. The combat is amazing, the controls are actually extremely responsive and this game has actually made a big leap in combat, sure beats waggling and button mashing. Oh and I love the colours, very pretty. I'm extra excited for what they'll do with Zelda on Wii U now because this is certainly my all time favourite game thus far. Also just as a heads up it doesn't use the sensor bar, you can totally aim the pointer while you're in a different room. Lesson of the day: read the instruction book. Expand
  53. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm playing SS for about 23 hours and here are my thoughts:

+ Memorable Story
    + Character design
    + World design & size
    + Controls
    + Humor

- Getting used to the controls took me a while

Check it out guys, it's one of the last Wii gems!!
  54. Nov 21, 2011
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    1. You've definitely NOT played the entire game, yet alone even scratched the surface of it.
    2. Don't insult the Art Style, because you know very well that If they wanted, they could've gone with more realistic TP graphics again. It's a choice, and a good one, in my opinion. 3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't expect the game to hand everything to you. It takes a bit of practice. If I twist my wrist, Link twists his wrist. How much more accurate can it get?

So far the game is a must-own for every Wii player, has great cutscenes, great gameplay and is essentially a great evolution for the franchise. Not a single torch puzzle.
    I'd say this game is AT LEAST as good as Ocarina of Time, if not better. I'll see once i'm done.
  55. Nov 21, 2011
    After waiting so many months Skyward Sword Zelda, after reading so many articles, see movies and read rumors, even I would give this game 10/10. Then he came out, I bought and tried and it is at this point that came the disappointment. I quickly realized that so much praise, so many high scores were just advertising. I am an expert player of Zelda, I played three times and finished ZeldaAfter waiting so many months Skyward Sword Zelda, after reading so many articles, see movies and read rumors, even I would give this game 10/10. Then he came out, I bought and tried and it is at this point that came the disappointment. I quickly realized that so much praise, so many high scores were just advertising. I am an expert player of Zelda, I played three times and finished Zelda Twilight Princess and I would have expected much more from Skyward Sword. Grainy graphics, controller goes crazy when you look off the field, the controller is not precise, enemies in spite of the above the new Motion Plus controller, are killed simply shaking the controller. And then the most important thing, the story,missing the magic, the soul is lacking, there is no involvement, few dialogues. It looks like a game made in a hurry to go to meet business needs, putting together the pieces of the previous Zelda,yet they have had 5 years of time. I've played now for 20 hours since I hope that going forward you change something... Expand
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    This game nears perfection. The impressionistic-style graphics, the epic orchestrated music, the tear-jerking story, the smooth-as-silk controls, everything in this game is nothing less than ART. Unfortunately, it's got some tiny little flaws that will be used to drag it down by the critics, but they're not really THAT important. This is not a game to be played, but a game to be appreciated.
  57. Nov 21, 2011
    This is not only an incredible Wii game, but an engaging game on any platform. It pushes the graphics on Nintendo's little white box, utilizing an excellent art style that feels perfect for the series. If Zelda was upscaled to high definition, this would be on par with a good looking XBOX360 or PS3 game, and that's exciting, yet simultaneously disappointing considering no other Wii games,This is not only an incredible Wii game, but an engaging game on any platform. It pushes the graphics on Nintendo's little white box, utilizing an excellent art style that feels perfect for the series. If Zelda was upscaled to high definition, this would be on par with a good looking XBOX360 or PS3 game, and that's exciting, yet simultaneously disappointing considering no other Wii games, save one or two, achieve this. This is the greatest Zelda game made, and a wonderful swan song for a console that has been greatly underappreciated. Expand
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    Magical. Minor complaints here and there with motion controls and pacing, but this game is captivating from beginning to end. Would expect nothing less from a Zelda game. Easily crack my top ten of all time.
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game, which affords a new control scheme which makes interesting new gameplay options possible. Negative reviews are reprehensible given that the game's usage of motion controls was announced originally --- people who want to sit down and play games by mashing buttons should re-play the old games, or choose to purchase games which cater to that. People who played WiiAbsolutely amazing game, which affords a new control scheme which makes interesting new gameplay options possible. Negative reviews are reprehensible given that the game's usage of motion controls was announced originally --- people who want to sit down and play games by mashing buttons should re-play the old games, or choose to purchase games which cater to that. People who played Wii Sports Resort and wanted more freedom and control (and interesting puzzles) or Red Steel 2 and wanted a longer game will be well-rewarded by this game. Expand
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    Definitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up aDefinitely a new take on the Zelda franchise while remaining true to what the series is known for. At first, the controls seem awkward as you raise your wii remote upwards before dealing a devastating strike but after an hour, I can't imagine playing Skyward Sword in any other way. A surprisingly involving story and excellent mechanics make this game the reason why you should pick up a motion plus. After only a couple hours of game play, you can't wait to play more. The characters are more welcoming than ever, each with their own personality, especially the game's villain. There was more areas to discover and reasons why you should return to previous areas. The flight seems strange at first but to have controls not limited by the joystick seems like a very free feeling. The only thing that slows the game down somewhat is the lack of response the controller has but that is a trifle, barely noticeable when you can control exactly the direction your sword strikes. This is how a true motion control game should play. Each aspect of the technology is used effectively. The ability to change the UI is an excellent addition. Despite the game not having the graphics that Skyrim or Modern Warfare 3 have, it keeps true to the Zelda theme. The game is bright and a welcoming change to the greys and browns normally seen in mainstream gaming. This game signals a new start for the Zelda franchise and possibly the only reason to buy a Wii if you haven't already. Expand
  61. Nov 21, 2011
    this is one of the most creative and beatiful games off all time with some of the most unique graphics to date, this game has the best motion controls of all the games this gen, a 50 to 100 or more hours of adventure with a amazing story, lots of side quests, and great cut scenes this is a long game worth your time and money, this is best game ever
  62. Nov 21, 2011
    Simple as this its a good as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and for people who never played that this is your chance to play a game as good as it and its GOTY for me hands down
  63. Nov 21, 2011
    So far I have played the game and I've gotten a taste of swordplay, flying, and overall starting to get used to flying mechanics. I love the game and I think it is an amazing challenge; it brings me back to when I first played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and how I found both of them to be rather difficult to me at the time, being they were my first Zelda games.

Skyward Sword is

Skyward Sword is getting bad scores due to people thinking too highly of it and comparing it to other games like Assassin's Creed. If they would compare it to the REST of the Zelda series instead, the game would be getting a better score.

Trust me, don't judge a game because of other users reviews. Well... yes take it into account... but don't let it ruin it. I say try the game out, maybe as a rental, then buy it if you want. It's a good game.
  64. Nov 21, 2011
    Balancing the trolls. This game is a masterpiece in its own right. The franchise is the best at what it does: create a fun, intuitive adventure for children of any age.

This "grafix sux, same formula" crap is just a showcase of the kinds of people who would give this game a zero. Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for

Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for the same formula? Why reinvent the wheel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  65. Nov 21, 2011
    Best Zelda game so far. Beautiful graphics, great orchestral music and perfect controls. After Skyward Sword you never ever want to play a action-adventure with a game-pad again.

The only disappointment is the missing voice acting.
  66. Nov 21, 2011
    This is by far, hands down, the best Zelda game ever created. It steals the Ocarina of Time's spotlight easily and this is indeed a masterpiece. See Nintendo? Put effort into your games and you get a game that could be a timeless classic.
  67. Nov 21, 2011
    The Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a mustThe Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a must buy for any zelda fan, or even any wii owner! Expand
  68. Nov 21, 2011
    I don't have to explain myself. For me, this and every other Zelda game will always be a 10. jkbljgcjfhjvjb ghcvgfhvb,jobhmgdfhgfhjliugfcxsdfdgcfghmjn,hgvcnfsdvsbdvbfgnvhbn,bjmthdzscxdc
  69. Nov 21, 2011
    This is truly one of the best games of all time, not just the best Wii game, or the best Nintendo game, the best GAME. The Wii Motion Plus controls may take some getting used to at first (besides the initial calibration the infared sensor is never used) but add an extra layer of depth to the combat that other games can't even hope to match. The enemies exhibit very good AI and I was amazedThis is truly one of the best games of all time, not just the best Wii game, or the best Nintendo game, the best GAME. The Wii Motion Plus controls may take some getting used to at first (besides the initial calibration the infared sensor is never used) but add an extra layer of depth to the combat that other games can't even hope to match. The enemies exhibit very good AI and I was amazed that they managed to predict my movements so many times. Another thing about the controls is you shouldn't worry if you are left handed, I'm a lefty and I haven't experienced any problems. The graphics are more beautiful than 90% of games out there, and that is saying something being on an under powered console like the Wii. Once again Nintendo shows us that console power isn't as important as innovation, and this games has my favorite visual style in the whole series. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  70. Nov 21, 2011
    While I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzlesWhile I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzles are new, the characters are new, the world is new and even the story is new. Everything feels very fresh and rich, like the first time we touched upon Ocarina of Time in 1998.

Not everything is perfect, so a full 10 is out of the question. The controls are a bit clunky and the Wii Motion Plus only adds painful muscles to the experience, the new companion is also rather annoying and feels like a copy of GlaDos from portal.

However, the faults are too small to actually ruin the game for me and Skyward Sword makes the franchise fresh for another 25 years.
  71. Nov 21, 2011
    Es genial, todo es sobresaliente. La música , los gráficos, la historia , las quest secundarias, volar...
    Es un paso evolutivo en la franquicia , las mazmorras. El control perfecto con el wii motion plus.
    La duración es buena.
    Lo tiene todo
  72. Nov 21, 2011
    I'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none ofI'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none of that seems to matter. This is by far in large of of the best looking games I have played this generation, Character models, expressions and animation are of a quality only normally seen in a Pixar movie, extremely emotive.

At first I thought the game play was a little clunky, being used to previous Zelda titles, but after realising the character moves more at a walking pace in doors and got out into the one world the controls are much more tight. Motion controls are very tight and having the option to reset the motion sensor with the d-pad makes the whole process super smooth. A lot of the fights difficulty does come from being able to swipe the correct way at the correct time but having just spent close to 50 hours in DarkSouls this is actually very similar to blocking an attack, rolling out of the way and then striking in a particular way at a specific moment. The motion controls simple add a heightened level of involvement and massively increased accuracy when aiming special items.

As far as pacing is concerned It is very well thought out. No dungeon so far has been too long or short and returning to old locations does not drag out like it did in Phantom Hour Glass. The closest experience I can think of is the way Metroid/Castlevania games pan out when finding new areas in old locations or better yet the way A Link to the Past did.

Zelda games weakest point for me in the past has been a lack of continuous story telling. This is actually one of Skyward Sword's best point's as the story is regularly and effectively updated and evolved as the game progresses. No longer are you simply told to go collect the 3 things and get absolutely no story updates until you have.

The cute scenes are of an exceptional quality that Dreamworks would be lucky to achieve - without the use of overpaid acting talent!

The game also has a fairly robust, if not a little simple, item upgrade system that adds another level of depth to game progression - money now feels useful for something other than absolutely necessary purchases.

So on the whole Zelda Skyward Sword is shaping up to be essentially the greatest game I've ever laid by hands on. What I have experienced thus far is certainly 10/10 but I'll update that should the latter half of the game make me change my mind. I somehow doubt that will be the case.
  73. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome gameplay, the only blemish is the lack of voice acting, but its one of the best in the series so far!
    I wonder why some sites complain about it being similar to other zelda games and give a higher score to MW3 LOL such biased losers
  74. Nov 21, 2011
    A modern classic was born. The game of the year will be remembered for decades by the giant scenarios that have now become huge dungeons in which there is much to be done. The narrative is really mature and at the same time speaks of the core issues of the classic stories. Good against evil. The use of the wiimote with its precision 1:1 gives this epic classic story of a modernity that noA modern classic was born. The game of the year will be remembered for decades by the giant scenarios that have now become huge dungeons in which there is much to be done. The narrative is really mature and at the same time speaks of the core issues of the classic stories. Good against evil. The use of the wiimote with its precision 1:1 gives this epic classic story of a modernity that no other device has to offer. Expand
  75. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best zelda experiences ever. Dont believe the crap few people say, the controls are fine! music is awesome, gameplay and story are deep an involving.... on par with ocarina of time!
  76. Nov 21, 2011
    I gave this game a 10/10 because it definitely deserves it (thus far. i'm about 4 hours into the game). The music is astounding, the colors are amazing, and the story line is just as intriguing as OoT. If the game somehow starts failing as I continue playing, i'll change my review but i don't see that happening. Definitely worth the money and imo, better than TP.
  77. Nov 21, 2011
    I whole-heartedly agree with metacritic score and most other scores. This game is quite good. The use of the Wii motion-plus really brings out the Wii to it's full potential. This is probably the best motion based game ever. I mean, the PS move had crummy games, as did the Kinect, but, it's this sort of game that motion controls and epic 1:1 swordplay is built for. However, why must peopleI whole-heartedly agree with metacritic score and most other scores. This game is quite good. The use of the Wii motion-plus really brings out the Wii to it's full potential. This is probably the best motion based game ever. I mean, the PS move had crummy games, as did the Kinect, but, it's this sort of game that motion controls and epic 1:1 swordplay is built for. However, why must people bag this game? It is good, I found nothing wrong with it. It has the best story, characters, quests and dungeons in a Zelda game. A lot of people are complaining about the 1:1 sword gameplay. I admit, this does require some getting used to, but the thing about this is, once you can learn it properly, swordplay becomes more rewarding and you feel like every battle you achieve something. No button mashing in this Zelda game! I am, however, disappointed at Gamespots review of this. It seemed like they were nitpicking at little things and, quite frankly, Gameinformer, IGN and various other trusted game reviewers have given it a perfect score of ten out of ten. I'm not going to let a bunch of FPS fans and ignorant game reviewers make up incriminatory comments, most likely just to stop it from being nominated game of the year, so they can have their precious Call of Duty become game of the year. (BTW CoD wasn't nominated understandably).
    So please, why must you bag this game out. It is a Zelda game for God sakes. No-one has DARED criticise a Zelda game until now, because they know they will be pummelled by angry fanboys. Speaking of which, I am proud to be a Zelda fanboy. Everygame that has been released has been pretty good. some better than others , and I think Skyward Sword is the best of the bunch.
  78. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect control's, brilliant story, unique gameplay and a fantastic story come together to create a masterpiece. If you own a Wii, you have no reason NOT to own this!
  79. Nov 20, 2011
    Although, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their ZeldaAlthough, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their Zelda franchise. After, playing Skyward Sword for at least 4 hours I was very impress it was one of the best art style I have ever seen in a game, even the graphics were great as well for a Wii game, and yes this game would have looked even better if Nintendo were to develop a High-Definition console for the game, but oh well. Also, I would never consider this game to be ported to the PS3 and XBOX 360 it would be horrible because it's a Nintendo classic title, and no I'm not a fan boy I own both the Wii and Ps3, and the 360 is a great system as well although I don't even own it, but each systems has very impressive exclusives to itself. Personally, I love the water color art style in Skyward Sword it's one of the best graphics I have seen mixing both twilight princess and the wind waker it's just phenomenal with the WII limited hardware. As with the combat the one on one Wii motion plus is accurate indeed although it's not too perfect especially when I'm swinging the controller like crazy it becomes unresponsive sometimes, but who cares Nintendo actually deliver impressive game-play. Now the music, which was preform and orchestrated into Skyward Sword......... BEST MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM A GAME, ESPECIALLY IN A ZELDA GAME right after SKYRIMS EPIC MUSIC. I'M GLAD THAT Nintendo has finally decided orchestrate the music into the 25 anniversary sound track disk. Oh yeah and to those who give the game a rating of zero don't go judging the graphics just because it isn't a game with intense graphics like on a a PC , PS3 , and Xbox 360 it's a WII game of course the graphics is outdated in 2011 but who cares it looks great. Finally, after viewing recent reviews from critics such as IGN, GAMETRAILERS, AND GAMESPOT i have say i agree with all three review IGN gave it a 10, gametrailers gave it a 9.1 and then gamespot gave it a 7.5 because a review wouldn't be without criticizing, but enough said it's the critics opinions not ours but giving this game at least a zero is just shame if you people don't enjoy the graphics then don't buy it and play something else. Overall this game is a must buy. Expand
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    Right. So I'm kind of a big zelda fanboy and I've grown up with the franchise since Ocarina of Time. I have to say that Skyward sword and Twilight Princess are my second and third favorite games of the series. I would give this game a 10 for it's so-far excellent story, but there is one thing that kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I usually pay attention to the plots of the game ratherRight. So I'm kind of a big zelda fanboy and I've grown up with the franchise since Ocarina of Time. I have to say that Skyward sword and Twilight Princess are my second and third favorite games of the series. I would give this game a 10 for it's so-far excellent story, but there is one thing that kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I usually pay attention to the plots of the game rather than it's controls, but the wii motion controls for Skyward sword really iritathttp://i.imgur.com/5uTTP.pnges me. Like it really really /really/ irritates me. I've gone through the first temple today and I don't think I've ever raged like that over a video games controls before. I'm not sure if it's the console's or the game's fault, but in my personal opinion I just think that the wii motion controls for this game are just terrible. I honestly wished they had an option to pick whether you want to play with the standard joystick or use the motion sensors, because I would have picked the joystick in a heartbeat. But I guess you just have to make due with what you got. Maybe some people have had the same problems, maybe others don't have an issue with the controls at all. This is just from my perspective. As far as the graphics go. It's the same as Twilight Princess, which isn't really a bad thing at all. Unless cartoonish nintendo graphics bug you. So if I wanted to rate the game's story, controls/gameplay, and graphics in that order I would rate:

Story- 10 ( =D )
    Controls/Gameplay- 4 ( =/ )
    Graphics- 8 ( =) )

All in all, if your a zelda fan you should definitely get this game. I've really enjoyed it so far.
  81. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the longest Zelda game. After the 6th Dungeon I thought the game was near the end
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests then a triforce quest a total of 4 spirit leaf missions 3 imprisoned boss fights. completion time, 61. hrs WARNING!!!! Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests
    then a triforce quest
    a total of 4 spirit leaf missions
    3 imprisoned boss fights.
    completion time, 61. hrs
    WARNING!!!!
    Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over your progress.

Skyward Sword is like a semester of school
    first you solve a puzzle, then you are given that same puzzle with different variations.
    You are given chapters with weapons that solve these puzzles in a specific manner.
    You will then have to memorize these puzzles because you will be given a test to solve them again during the later levels. If you fail, you can look in the back of the book a la stone guide.

This is a game that works both your senses and your reflexes. Not too many games require this kind of skill. This game will be remembered far more than recent Zelda titles. It brings back the old spirit that was left behind during the snes days. Best of all, they brought back the beam that fires from the sword. This is the first 3d Zelda to include this mechanic.
  82. Nov 20, 2011
    I have all the Zelda games, and Skyward Sword is my favorite. The story is amazing, gameplay is fun, and controls make Zelda a rare gem in video games. This is my game of the year.
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazing controls, great artistic direction and an immersive world come together in this masterpiece of a game, if you've been influenced by the naysayers, worry not, this games surpasses all expectations, a definite must play.
  84. Nov 20, 2011
    A beautiful game, an unseen control scheme, a story a lot better told than any Nintendo game, a solid soundtrack and better boss battles and dungeons than any other Zelda game, makes this game a masterpiece.
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    Just an amazing games. Don't mind these trolls who are marking this game down for no reason. Buy this! It's worth the time and money. Controls are just fine, graphics are probably the best the wii has to offer, and it's just an all-around enjoyable experience.
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    The best Zelda game so far. Great art style, great soundtrack, great story, and the best control scheme. Motion Plus really does difference in gameplay, how say it not is a dumb.
    Conclusion, play Skyward Sword, don't worry about bad reviews, they reveal envy from author.
  87. Nov 20, 2011
    From the minute I picked of the controller, I knew I was playing a masterpiece. Games today stick to the traditional button mashing and the same old shoot em up adventures. Skyward Sword and Zelda always does the opposite. It brings something new to the table. Holding the control and watching in amazement as the 1:1 ratio kicks in on every slice just does it for me. Along with anFrom the minute I picked of the controller, I knew I was playing a masterpiece. Games today stick to the traditional button mashing and the same old shoot em up adventures. Skyward Sword and Zelda always does the opposite. It brings something new to the table. Holding the control and watching in amazement as the 1:1 ratio kicks in on every slice just does it for me. Along with an outstanding storyline and gameplay that no one does better then Zelda, this is a must have game. 10/10 Expand
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system. Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI Story-driven campaign Upgrading/crafting system. What is preserved from earlier installments: Enemy types Dungeon exploration and puzzles. Auto-jump Item types Protagonists Other common themes from previous titles. Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music. Criticisms:
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system.
    Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI
    Story-driven campaign
    Upgrading/crafting system.

What is preserved from earlier installments:
    Enemy types
    Dungeon exploration and puzzles.
    Auto-jump
    Item types
    Protagonists
    Other common themes from previous titles.

Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music.
    Criticisms: Controls at times, too precise. Over-world movement. Overall: 9. An improved installment in a classic series.
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    The controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solveThe controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solve puzzles, beat boss, done. They actually make a whole area in the game a open ended dungeon, having certain things sealed off until you have the right weapons to access them, almost like a metroid approach, something some fans will hate but most will like the change of pace from the tired formula zelda has always stuck to. it is very challenging as well making you think about where to slice your enemy next without just mashing a button or waggling around like in past games, and the bosses are extremely creative an difficult making them the best in the series to date. It really is what the wii was made for and is a must buy for anyone who is a fan of the series. Expand
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game.I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game. The game is amazing and anyone with a Wii needs to get it. If you don't have a Wii, find one and get this game. Expand
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    This game definitely deserves a 10/10 the story is amazing the graphics and art are creative (YOU DO NOT NEED TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS TO MAKE A GOOD GAME) it has very cute and witty scenes but still keeping the serious moments in place and meaningful.The characters are just as good as the others i find my self liking just the common skyloft folk.as for the controls they need some gettingThis game definitely deserves a 10/10 the story is amazing the graphics and art are creative (YOU DO NOT NEED TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS TO MAKE A GOOD GAME) it has very cute and witty scenes but still keeping the serious moments in place and meaningful.The characters are just as good as the others i find my self liking just the common skyloft folk.as for the controls they need some getting used to also they take practice,(but god forbid anyone needing to practice in a video game) but after you get used to it the controls are fun and challenging,When Im fighting monsters I find my self having to think before i swing (which might be a burden for some stupid people) and actually having to fake out the monsters. all said and done its for a select few if you don't like challenges don't get it,if you only like gun totting super soldier Michael bay explosion games don't get it,this is also not for people with a short attention span its a Legend of Zelda game its praised on its challenges and its long story's and quests. This may not be for everyone and if you start sucking at it just watch the info video about it. Expand
  92. Nov 20, 2011
    Nintendo's changed the game with Skyward sword. The Motion controls are simple and intuitive, requiring minimal time to adjust. From wielding your sword to properly using your shield (ensuring it's not damaged) to bowling with bombs, and flying to the wonderfully made soundtrack. Skyward Sword's a must have for ANYONE who's remotely interested in the Zelda series.
  93. Nov 20, 2011
    Ok so ive played Skyward Sword for about 7 and a half hours now. and even though its a little to early to judge the game in a whole im gonna give it a 9 but if my opinion changes ill change the review. But so far pretty damn good game
  94. Nov 20, 2011
    From the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazingFrom the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazing control.

Figuring out that certain enemies drop certain things, which can be used for upgrading items was one of the most exciting parts. Definitely will enjoy adventuring all the lands in search of pieces to upgrade my already amazing arsenal of gear.
    beyond that, the cinematics are at peak, and are the best they've ever been. and last, the Graphics are GORGEOUS. i find myself looking at walls, just to see the amazing painting-like artwork throughout the game. over all, a very fun game. Definitely recommend, 10/10
  95. Nov 20, 2011
    Another vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for SuperAnother vacations with my favorite game. Thanks Nintendo for the innovation. I love Zelda Skyward Sword so much. The music is great, the storyline is so perfect, the controls is maybe the best part. It's a hard game and i aprecciate this masterpiece since the first minute until the last one. Miyamoto, Eiji and kondo: Thanks again, this will be a fantastic christmas. Now im going for Super Mario Land 3D Expand
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game on the Wii. It's also the best Zelda game of all time, quite a feat, considing Zelda is considered by some to be the best game series ever. The MotionPlus swordplay, although tough to get used to, is flawless, and I never want to play another Zelda game without it ever again. The structure of the game is incredibly designed, and theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game on the Wii. It's also the best Zelda game of all time, quite a feat, considing Zelda is considered by some to be the best game series ever. The MotionPlus swordplay, although tough to get used to, is flawless, and I never want to play another Zelda game without it ever again. The structure of the game is incredibly designed, and the music...well, you should count yourself lucky that a soundtrack comes with the game, as in my opinion, it's the best game soundtrack ever. Zelda: Skyward Sword is amazing, and if you have a Wii, you owe it to it and yourself to buy it. 10/10 Expand
  97. Nov 20, 2011
    I definitely think this game is worth the praise it's been receiving, it may not be better than Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, but it's definitely next in line of my favorite Zelda title of all time.
  98. Nov 20, 2011
    Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles,Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles, tons of action, pranks, skydiving, soaring among the clouds, swordfighting and gadgets, as well as challenging memorable and rewarding boss fights this is *definitely* the game for you! If you don't own a wii, borrow or buy a used one, and play this game now! Enjoy the smile on your face after a tense battle! This all what games are about! Expand
  99. Nov 20, 2011
    If I rated this game based on Graphics I might have knocked off a couple points. However, as it stands I rate games based on game play alone. I've been playing Zelda starting with the very first Zelda. I wouldn't call it The BEST Zelda ever, but then again I have yet to actually beat the game! This game deserves a 10. I would understand why someone who isn't really a fan of the seriesIf I rated this game based on Graphics I might have knocked off a couple points. However, as it stands I rate games based on game play alone. I've been playing Zelda starting with the very first Zelda. I wouldn't call it The BEST Zelda ever, but then again I have yet to actually beat the game! This game deserves a 10. I would understand why someone who isn't really a fan of the series might rate it lower. But I just figure they should go back to playing COD and leave this game to the people who can enjoy a game for it's game play and not it's graphics. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.