7.9

1. LHy
    Sep 28, 2013
    Epic, fun, entertaining, challenging, this game is the complete package, you will get your money's worth. The soundtrack takes you back to old Zelda, its a real nice feeling.
  2. Oct 28, 2014
    Don't listen to bad reviews, they're just pissed because of the motion controls and more linear structure, but that doesn't make this game any less a Zelda game. The motion controls work great, and the story, while not the strongest in the series, it's quite good. Same with the music, it's great.

Going into the stuff this game does right, there are the dungeons; this game has easily the strongest set of dungeons in the series and the bosses are as good as Ocarina's and Twilight's. It also has the best characters and character development, with a Zelda that you actually care about. The game is colorful and it's one of the best looking games on the Wii. One worry I had was that it would overuse the motion controls like most Wii games, thankfully it doesn't.

Now, for what the game did wrong, it feels kind of linear because you go back to the first three areas twice, the difference each time you go back is that you explore new regions. People use this as an excuse to say that it's linear, but it's just an illusion. The other major thing I have issues with is Fi, she is by far worse than Navi. This are all just little complaints that don't really affect much the experience.

This is a must play if you have a Wii, and remember, don't listen to the bad reviews.
  3. May 1, 2012
    Skyward Sword deserves to be thought of just as highly as Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, two of my favorite games for their respective systems. There's no question that Skyward Sword will be one of the top games in the Wii's lifetime. The change in controls gives new perspective on how gamers can play a Zelda game, let alone an adventure game, and makes it more than just another iterationSkyward Sword deserves to be thought of just as highly as Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, two of my favorite games for their respective systems. There's no question that Skyward Sword will be one of the top games in the Wii's lifetime. The change in controls gives new perspective on how gamers can play a Zelda game, let alone an adventure game, and makes it more than just another iteration of what I consider to be one of Nintendo's top-tier series. The new setting is full of winks and nods to the games that preceded it and an avid Zelda fan like myself can't help but light up when a reference is noticed. I've played a lot of great games this year, but no other game has made me feel so good about enjoying my time with it. Skyward Sword is engaging, accessible and highly capable of being considered a classic by many in this gaming generation. Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2011
    I have not enjoyed a game this much in a very very long time (not since the first Portal in fact). Is it the best Zelda game ever? Well I think it is equal with Ocarina of Time, and that is one of my favourite games of all time, so make of that as you will.
    The controls for the sword are absolutely perfect, and it is so pleasing just to use the sword that I find myself slashing everything in sight...grass, flowers, signs, just to further enjoy the 1:1 motion controls. Its not a perfect game, but nothing is. The motion controils for flying and swimming are a bit superfluous. But when a game is this good, the few minor complaints dont really mean anything. Some people are complaining about the game being pumped full of padding. But most of the padding is optional (the pumpkin collecting etc)...there if you want it, but not necessary to complete the game. The art style is beautiful, and shows what a decent art department can do with limited hardware. I have been a bit disapointed with recent Zeldas (post Majoras mask), but this is classic. If you like Zelda, or escpaism, or puzzles, or epic battles that involve strategy, then you really have to try this game. The first true classic in many years. If you have never really been into Zelda then this is probably not for you.
  5. Apr 6, 2013
    Ive yet to play a zelda game i would not give a 10 to. So maybe im biased. From nes to now its amazing how far we have came link and I. And honestly this is my number 2 on my list. Wind waker was my pick cause of how different it was. But thats how this shines. Its windwaker but in the sky, and the controls make your really feel they put time into the game. Turn your remote or aim in upIve yet to play a zelda game i would not give a 10 to. So maybe im biased. From nes to now its amazing how far we have came link and I. And honestly this is my number 2 on my list. Wind waker was my pick cause of how different it was. But thats how this shines. Its windwaker but in the sky, and the controls make your really feel they put time into the game. Turn your remote or aim in up and his hand follows. Small details like that really show the bun in the oven is nice and toasty. Expand
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the longest Zelda game. After the 6th Dungeon I thought the game was near the end
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests then a triforce quest a total of 4 spirit leaf missions 3 imprisoned boss fights. completion time, 61. hrs WARNING!!!! Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests
    then a triforce quest
    a total of 4 spirit leaf missions
    3 imprisoned boss fights.
    completion time, 61. hrs
    WARNING!!!!
    Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over your progress.

Skyward Sword is like a semester of school
    first you solve a puzzle, then you are given that same puzzle with different variations.
    You are given chapters with weapons that solve these puzzles in a specific manner.
    You will then have to memorize these puzzles because you will be given a test to solve them again during the later levels. If you fail, you can look in the back of the book a la stone guide.

This is a game that works both your senses and your reflexes. Not too many games require this kind of skill. This game will be remembered far more than recent Zelda titles. It brings back the old spirit that was left behind during the snes days. Best of all, they brought back the beam that fires from the sword. This is the first 3d Zelda to include this mechanic.
  7. Nov 29, 2011
    it looks like the critics are even trying to sabotage this game, this game is everything i wanted and more well done Nintendo! the graphics are 10 for artistic merit, motion controls 10 for evolving the Zelda franchise, story is the most dramatic so far in the series, sorry but this is getting a 10.
  8. Nov 24, 2011
    The game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely ifThe game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely if the game isn't for you, there is no reason to call it a bad game.. Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a really really good game, the controls work very well after you get used to them, you can NOT waggle your way through, people who say you can obviously didn't make it out of Skyloft before doing their reviews. It's a really good story, the relationships feel less forced this time around and the characters are creative and come to life throughout the game. The people who have beenThis is a really really good game, the controls work very well after you get used to them, you can NOT waggle your way through, people who say you can obviously didn't make it out of Skyloft before doing their reviews. It's a really good story, the relationships feel less forced this time around and the characters are creative and come to life throughout the game. The people who have been giving this game a 0 are idiots, some named good points meaning the game to them obviously was somewhat good to them, they are just giving 0s to be trolls. I personally believe this game deserves a 9.5 I wouldn't give any game a 10 but this game comes close to it. Expand
  10. Dec 27, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the first and only Zelda game built ground up for the Wii and makes extensive use of Wii Motion Plus in nearly every aspect of its designs. Overall I believe this to be among the better Zelda games and a significantly better game than the Wii version of Twilight Princess in terms of its controls and level design. I don't need to describe much else because if it's a ZeldaSkyward Sword is the first and only Zelda game built ground up for the Wii and makes extensive use of Wii Motion Plus in nearly every aspect of its designs. Overall I believe this to be among the better Zelda games and a significantly better game than the Wii version of Twilight Princess in terms of its controls and level design. I don't need to describe much else because if it's a Zelda game, they all follow the same design principles. What this one did right: The sword combat is the most engaging it's ever been. Every single enemy requires special attention in order to to be defeated. This includes proper sword swings and blocking/countering. Countering is especially neat, allowing you to stun enemies with a well-timed shield bash that deflects an attack, but a poorly timed one will still block an attack at the cost of shield integrity. The sword controls can be a bit much to get used to, but when I was more careful, swung with my whole arm and made more deliberate arm movements I found that accuracy of the sword fighting to be 100%. At worst when I was flicking my wrist around and flinching it was as low as 30%. It takes some practice and technique, but once mastered is a profoundly rewarding system. Going to back to earlier Zelda games, the combat suddenly feels empty and bland. Skyward Sword answers a question I didn't know I had, and this is one reason why Skyward Sword is perhaps the best 3D Zelda game yet. Another is the level design. There are only a few major areas, and each has a predictable theme you've already seen before. That doesn't really matter much in the long run. The environments are meticulously designed and incredibly well-used. As the game progressed, the environments changed in ways that surprised and impressed even me, a 20 year veteran on the series. The maps are also the most detailed, colorful and easy to use of any 3D Zelda. The dungeons are often brilliant. In many ways they are a return to basics, yet explore new avenues in their own ways. One aspect I was floored by is that enemies do not reappear after you've killed them unless you quit the game or leave the dungeon entirely. This lent a even more powerful sensation to combat, that each encounter was final and satisfying. The puzzles are really slick, in particular towards the end there is some of the best dungeon puzzles I've ever seen, and certainly the best incorporation of different items and skills together in the same breaths. The menus and interfaces for navigating your items are also the most accessible and don't hurt the flow of game, everything is seamless. The items feel great on the Wii motion plus, the bow packs a punch, the beetle is just sweet and other returning members such as the bombs have new functionality. The items all worked flawlessly for me, no control issues except for the occasional centering. Which brings to what the game did wrong: the really could have used the senor bar to auto-center the controller like Wii Sports Resort did. The camera was also an issue, at this point there really should be a comprehensive solution the a 3D camera and there isn't. No right stick, no D-pad control like many other superb Wii games have utilized. Nothing but Z-targeting and looking around in first person with C button. So in order to look at something, I have to either switch my method of viewing the world entirely and slowly turn towards it, or snap the camera around with the Z button, guessing which way exactly I need to face to get the best view. It's just clunky, they had five years to figure something out. I would have taken some simple rotation control on the D-Pad, and those buttons on the D-pad are not even used for anything. Very unfortunate. There's to much talking, the new side kick is a very, very talkative character and her text moves very, very slowly. Even mashing the A button barely speeds things up. At this point, we really outta be past the constant instruction. She even repeats the same blasted instructions you've heard before, just because well in case you forgot, ugh. Overall, I very much recommend Skyward Sword to any fan of action adventure and Zelda games. Ultimately, a willingness to learn new control schemes and adapt to them will be the best indicator, this game isn't for everyone. It's the toughest 3D Zelda yet, has the most moving soundtrack, has a fantastic new inventory and upgrading system and all kinds of other anachronistic features and elements that will polarize your emotions against themselves. It certainly did to me, and initially I didn't like Skyward Sword. In time it revealed itself to me, but not without some extra effort and tolerance on my end. Despite Nintendo's ultra-inclusive philosophies on design, the only Zelda game made for the Wii is also the most challenging. Skyward Sword is great both because and despite this. It will be loved and hated. For what it's worth, I found it a road well worth traveling. Expand
  11. Mar 23, 2012
    Perfect, beautiful art direction. The music was amazing, and the controls were tight (once you got used to them). This game beat out ALTTP as my fav Zelda game of all time, and that means something. Good job Nintendo! This, is why I love you guys. :)
  12. Jun 10, 2012
    Amazing game, the controls works great, someone saying different can't set up there Wii's correct.
    Music is very good start to finish, story best to date, graphics beat PS3 anyday even on the Wii, now stop reading and go buy it, you won't be sorry!
  13. Jan 5, 2013
    This is my favourite game of all time. No lie. I love Zelda games since Ocarina of Time and this is the best of 'em. It uses the Wii remote in creative, unique en mostly NOT gimmicky ways. The Sword combat was a blast, Ghirahim was awesome and the temples were the best. The overworld was boring though and there were quite a lot of things wrong with this game (I have my own website were IThis is my favourite game of all time. No lie. I love Zelda games since Ocarina of Time and this is the best of 'em. It uses the Wii remote in creative, unique en mostly NOT gimmicky ways. The Sword combat was a blast, Ghirahim was awesome and the temples were the best. The overworld was boring though and there were quite a lot of things wrong with this game (I have my own website were I wrote a longer review I'm not going to name all bad things here) but Skyward Sword is so charming and so innovative, yet still Zelda in every way. Not perfect, I know, but defenitly an amazing game. Expand
  14. Jul 18, 2013
    The best Zelda for Wii. The best one since Ocarina of Time in my opinion. Magic places, strategy, maps, characters, items, bosses... Really a masterpiece for Wii that it will get you more than 80 hours if you want to complete it. The game does not need blood, sex or cheap tricks to attract you, it does it already in a genuine and pure way. Definitely, a must one.
  15. Aug 8, 2013
    Skyward Sword is a fantastic game and is without a doubt one of the best Zelda games. Nintendo focused on three things for this game, motion control, story, and making an all around solid game. They definitely succeeded in all three. The story takes place at the beginning of the timeline and it shows. There is no ganon and no hyrule. Instead the villain is the amazing girahim and theSkyward Sword is a fantastic game and is without a doubt one of the best Zelda games. Nintendo focused on three things for this game, motion control, story, and making an all around solid game. They definitely succeeded in all three. The story takes place at the beginning of the timeline and it shows. There is no ganon and no hyrule. Instead the villain is the amazing girahim and the setting is skyloft. What makes the story are the characters, specifically girahim and Zelda. Girahim is both creepy and entertaining, the final battle with him really shows this. Zelda is now Links friend prior to here capture, because of this the player genuinely wants to save her. The gameplay is very motion control heavy but in a good way. Everything from swinging your sword to flying your beetle feels fluid and rarely off. By the end of it, you will never want to go back to regular controls. The graphics in this game take the best of wind waker and twilight princess to create a beautiful game. Overall, Skyward Sword is one of the best games on Wii, one of the best Zelda games, and perhaps the best game of 2011. Expand
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    While I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzlesWhile I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzles are new, the characters are new, the world is new and even the story is new. Everything feels very fresh and rich, like the first time we touched upon Ocarina of Time in 1998.

Not everything is perfect, so a full 10 is out of the question. The controls are a bit clunky and the Wii Motion Plus only adds painful muscles to the experience, the new companion is also rather annoying and feels like a copy of GlaDos from portal.

However, the faults are too small to actually ruin the game for me and Skyward Sword makes the franchise fresh for another 25 years.
  17. Feb 11, 2012
    Oh and stop **** about the damn controls... You **** are probably just swinging your Wiimotes wildly like jackass 4 yr olds... Take your time and play like you are actually holding a sword. The realness of gameplay is there if you do this. People can not even swing a full size sword like you can with a controller. Why is Link any different??
  18. Dec 22, 2011
    Best Zelda game and best Wii game I've ever played. I beat the game with 100% completion and I was clocked in at 65 hours of gameplay. Huge game for the Wii. Nintendo did an amazing job with this one and it's worth buying a Wii just for this game! If you are even kind of a Zelda fan, BUY IT!
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    Best Zelda game ever! Hands down. Great graphics gameplay characters and puzzles. Very original. The wii motion plus is very well done and certainly adds to the experience.
  20. Jan 10, 2012
    This is my final review of Skyward Sword after beating 100% of the game.

This is my final review of Skyward Sword after beating 100% of the game.

I have a very lengthy review that sums up the entire story and all elements of the game. However it is far to long to explain in 5000 words. Here are the most important things to know about the story: Skyward Sword occurs before all other released Zelda games. It is essentially the prequel to Ocarina of Time. Zelda is not a princess, but a childhood friend of Link's. The game explains what the Legend of Zelda is! Yes, this game actually explains where the Legend of Zelda originated from. Skyward Sword also tells the back story of the Master Sword and where Gannon originates from. Although Gannon makes no appearance in this game, you learn he is actually the Evil Will of Demise. Long story short is Demise is the main antagonist in this game and when he is defeated, he curses all decedents of Link and Zelda. Basically saying they will always be fighting his demonic will, as his will can never die. Please note, this was a very very rough breakdown of the story. Skyward Sword's story is very deep. There are many cut scenes and text boxes to read through (no voice acting, but I actually prefer Zelda games to be this way). Fans of the Zelda series will appreciate the amount of references to other Zelda games. Once again, this game will explain many things about the origins of many Zelda characters and items. If you've played Ocarina of Time, then the story alone makes this game a must have. Story 10/10.

Moving onto gameplay, Skyward Sword takes full advantage of Wii Motion plus. This means 1:1 sword movements between Link's Sword and your Wii-mote. Your right hand is Link's sword. The entire game is revolved around this and players can expect enemies and puzzles to take advantage of these controls. Enemies will block your attacks unless you attack their weaknesses. Meaning enemies will leave an angle open and you have to attack it. Otherwise, you can swing all day is never land a hit. Now these controls make for a very engaging and satisfying experience. The only drawback from this is sometimes the controls feel over sensitive. Every once in a while Link will do something you don't want him to do. Also, do not fear that you have to stand up and fling your Wii mote around. The controls do not require you to make full sword swing motions, and only require a small flick with your wrist. In all, the controls offer a very innovating and add a new experience to the Zelda series. Gameplay: 10/10

Finally, you can expect Skyward Sword to offer 30-50 hours of content. The main story will take at least 20-30 hours to beat on its own. Add in side quests, mini games, and other activities and you can add on another 20-30 hours. In my first playthrough I got everything in the game (completed all quests, got every item, found all Goddess cubes/chests, upgraded every item, etc) in just under 50 hours. Its also worth noting that once you beat Skyward Sword you are given the option to save over your file and play Hero Mode. Hero mode is basically a more challenging version of the game. All enemies do double damage and enemies never drop hearts unless you have the heart medal. The player is given the option to skip some cut scenes, and a few other perks are given to the player (eg: the Skyward Strike attack is at master sword level as soon as you obtain the Goddess Sword). ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT ONCE YOU CHOOSE TO OVER RIDE YOUR SAVE FOR HERO MODE THAT YOU'LL LOOSE YOUR NORMAL GAME SAVE!!!! This means if you choose to go hero mode, everything on your save will be lost in favor of the hero mode save. To avoid this, make sure you copy your file before going into Hero mode. Skyward Sword will keep you busy for months to come. 10/10 re-playability.

Some TL DR stuff:
    - 10/10 game, MUST HAVE for Wii owners
    - 7 temples
    -30-50 hours of gameplay (60-100 hours if you complete Hero mode)
    - 1:1 sword control
    - Amazing Story

*Please note I did not mention anything about the areas you will explore. It would take pages to go through all 3 areas, plus the clouds. The only thing to know is Skyward Sword is designed to include "temple elements" throughout the mainland. This means you'll have to constantly solve puzzles and defeat bad guys to gain access to new lands.
  21. Nov 25, 2011
    best game i ever played in my life
    LoZ skyward sword is perfect
    allows exact movements with wii remote
    amazing graphics
    and just a great and enjoyable story line
    i am impressed on how the creators progressed zelda and i cant wait to see what the future holds
  22. Dec 11, 2011
    Controls:
    Controls:
    Great Motion controls. Swinging the sword and using items like the whip or flying beetle is very fun. The Wiimote seems to use the sensor bar to auto calibrate itself and thus it will get confused if there's another source of infrared light in the room such as sun from the window. For best results, play during night time. The sword stabbing can be a bit unresponsive at times but everything else is works pretty good.

Game Design:
    Wonderful, inventive and brilliant dungeon design, especially the very last dungeon. The entire world under the clouds is pretty much one big dungeon. The outdoor environments are complex enough to be interesting but not too complex to be confusing. Every confrontation is engaging thanks to the added motion controls, especially the boss fights. The last boss fights are extremely long and satisfying. The game constantly provides new activities to challenge you with so it never gets too repetitive. There are times however, where you know exactly where to go (and have the ability to do so) but the game forces to follow an exact order of events before your objective can be complete. For instance, at one point you have retrieve a specific lost item in land. Even though you can stand right next to the lost item you cannot interact with it until you first speak with owner. There's also a specific underwater fetch quest near the end of the game that is very uninteresting and seems forced. The overworld above the clouds is fun to navigate but very sparse in content. These are, however, just 3 minor complaints going against the game's overall excellent, engaging and plentiful puzzles and combat scenarios.

Story:
    A decent story that is more complex and richer than previous Zelda titles. Nice to see the supporting cast members have a more significant role.

Graphics:
    Artistically, this is very pretty. This time the game seems to have Asia influence in its art design which is a nice change to it usually Medial European look.

Overall:
    Excellent motion controls. Excellent level designs. Great variety of gamplay. A few hiccups with the Wiimotion plus technology and minor game design flaws keep it from a getting higher. But as it stands this is hands down, the best game in the Legend of Zelda series.
  23. Dec 7, 2011
    This game is beautiful, gorgeous and has the smooth control minigames we've waited for for years. Legend of Zelda has shown us once again that they rule nintendo by using that beautiful formula of puzzles, tough bosses and showing us collectibles we cant have while keeping a fresh and innovative touch staying ahead and giving us games to remember.
  24. Jan 17, 2012
    This is a perfect wii game! and such a thrilling adventure! The graphics are just absolutely gorgeous and amazing. The soundtrack is mindblowing and the gameplay is just perfect with the wii motion plus!
  25. Apr 6, 2012
    The controls are AWESOME!!! I've never felt such immersion into a game because of this. BUT, without the controls how does the game hold up? One of the best Zelda games there are. Up there (or perhaps surpassing) OOT and Twilight Princess.
  26. Feb 6, 2013
    Skyward sword may not be HD but this game spews perfection.The beautiful impresionistic art style,the intriguing dungeon ,an the best story to date on any zelda game.This is hands down an outstanding game 10/10.
  27. Nov 23, 2011
    Best Story of any Zelda Ever. Best controls of any Zelda Ever. Best looking Zelda Ever. Suffice to say, Best Zelda Ever! A Modern Masterpiece! The second best game ever made (right behind Mario Galaxy 2). If you have a Wii - BUY THIS GAME! If you don't have a Wii then, first buy a Wii then... BUY THIS GAME! You have not lived until you play this!
  28. Jan 6, 2012
    An amazing game in all ways. The graphics are pretty, the storyline is engaging, and this game sets all other zelda games up by being set before the others. The bosses are cinematic and never get old.
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is amazing, I'm not sure what the people who are complaining about the controls are talking about, they work fine for me. Definately a GOTY contender.
  30. Dec 9, 2011
    Is is wrong to mark a game down for only being 98% pure awesome? Skyward Sword takes a little while to get going and once it does it's not exactly at a breakneck pace. With about 40-50 hours for a first play through (and hero mode if you feel like a second) it's not a game your going to knock over in a weekend, but it is definitely a fun experience throughout and a wonderful change of paceIs is wrong to mark a game down for only being 98% pure awesome? Skyward Sword takes a little while to get going and once it does it's not exactly at a breakneck pace. With about 40-50 hours for a first play through (and hero mode if you feel like a second) it's not a game your going to knock over in a weekend, but it is definitely a fun experience throughout and a wonderful change of pace from Shooter Season 2011 :/. The controls are generally quite good, with the 1:1 swordplay working well and being used smartly and creatively throughout the game. That said there is still some waggle action to had here, so your motions don't have to be prefect all the time, but most enemies will punish you if slice the wrong way too often and there are some basic physics in play that cause enemies / objects to get knocked / thrown in the direction of your attack. The art style / graphics are a bit of a matter of taste; personally I would have preferred something little darker; but they are generally very good (just look away whenever someone 'sings') with areas like those around timeshift stones (especially the portable variety) and the final boss fight being particular highlights. Speaking of timeshift stones there are some great new mechanics is Skyward Sword, some a little under developed, but most proving quite enjoyable. There is also the new upgrade system, which works well in the early game, but by about mid game you'll have all the resources you need to max out pretty much all your gear... this does give you plenty of time at 'full power' I suppose, but it would have been nice to see a few more items / upgrade options. Gameplay overall is what you would expect from a Zelda game, with enemies to fight, temples to explore, puzzles to solve (though none especially difficult) and treasures to find. Of particular note are the boss fights, all of which range from excellent to awesome, and most of which can be repeated (if you want) through a mini game towards the end. The world is well designed and some of the temples are truly excellent, however it can't help but feel small with Skyloft being mostly empty sky and only three distinct environments down below. The main areas down below are visited numerous times (though usually with changes, some quite significant) throughout the story, however there are still new areas that unlock right until the end of the game so the world never gets entirely stale. The story is your usual 'hero saves the princess from the evil monster' variety, but it is well told, and there are side missions you can do around Skyloft that help flesh-out a lot of the minor characters. While not being quite perfect, Skyward Sword is definitely a worthy entry in the Zelda series and worth playing if only to experience some of the greatest moments in gaming this year. A must play for anyone who still has a Wii. Expand
  31. Nov 23, 2011
    one word. awesome. everything that it gets picked on for seems to be absolute rubbish to me, controls are precise, accurate and well polished, artwork is beautiful (graphics snobs can **** right off now) and the gameplay, storyline and soundtrack are beyond what I expected. plus I got it one day early down here in Australia, nearly lost my mind, and haven't been let down since.
  32. Nov 20, 2011
    I like how you can't always just defeat the enemy by waving the wii remote about, as many enemies require thought to defeat. Liked collecting items needed to upgrade my weapons and such, as well as the games setting, which is a colourful and vibrant world, with interesting characters. An excellent addition to the Zelda series, and you will get good value for money from this game, as you'dI like how you can't always just defeat the enemy by waving the wii remote about, as many enemies require thought to defeat. Liked collecting items needed to upgrade my weapons and such, as well as the games setting, which is a colourful and vibrant world, with interesting characters. An excellent addition to the Zelda series, and you will get good value for money from this game, as you'd expect from a quality title such as this. Expand
  33. Nov 20, 2011
    I can't see how anybody could give this game a Zero, it is by no means a bad game or worth below anything of a 7 in any person's opinion. It's amazing, great art style lots of exploration and the story is great, especially as it relates to OoT. A gem for any wii player, a reclaiming for any Nintendo fan who hated the wii(like me) and a reinventing for any Zelda fan. Unfortunately peopleI can't see how anybody could give this game a Zero, it is by no means a bad game or worth below anything of a 7 in any person's opinion. It's amazing, great art style lots of exploration and the story is great, especially as it relates to OoT. A gem for any wii player, a reclaiming for any Nintendo fan who hated the wii(like me) and a reinventing for any Zelda fan. Unfortunately people will give it 0 for no reason, I literally give it a 10. Expand
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    From the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazingFrom the Beautifully Designed Graphics, to the Wonderfully In-depth Characters, i found this game to be as entertaining as any of the previous games of the series. (a lot to say, given their past) the motion control of the game made me excited at every enemy encounter, no matter how small. figuring out their weaknesses, and exploiting them is a very fun thing to do, given the amazing control.

Figuring out that certain enemies drop certain things, which can be used for upgrading items was one of the most exciting parts. Definitely will enjoy adventuring all the lands in search of pieces to upgrade my already amazing arsenal of gear.
    beyond that, the cinematics are at peak, and are the best they've ever been. and last, the Graphics are GORGEOUS. i find myself looking at walls, just to see the amazing painting-like artwork throughout the game. over all, a very fun game. Definitely recommend, 10/10
  35. Nov 22, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has done what Twilight Princess should have when it was brought over to the Wii: That is, used the Wii-mote. And oh how SS has. While it may not be the out-of-this-world epic that people expected, it is as close as a Wii game can get. The musical score is well done (if young at heart), and the action plays out nice and smooth. This Zelda is tougher thanThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has done what Twilight Princess should have when it was brought over to the Wii: That is, used the Wii-mote. And oh how SS has. While it may not be the out-of-this-world epic that people expected, it is as close as a Wii game can get. The musical score is well done (if young at heart), and the action plays out nice and smooth. This Zelda is tougher than previous titles in the series, but it also has a vastly updated UI to guide you through it, as well as a much improved companion NPC that helps you every step of the way should you need it. The camera does leave something to be desired, but using your Z-Target function does correct the angle and therefore bypasses any problems that may develop from not having complete control over the camera all the time, like in Wind Waker. If I had any complaints for this game, they would be few, but they would include the somewhat quirky camera and the overall childlike feel of the game, though this second point is relative to one's own view and I myself do not find it all that bothersome. To sum up, Skyward Sword has proven that it is a Zelda game, and a good one at that. One for the ages. Two thumbs skyward from me. Expand
  36. Nov 28, 2011
    Zelda has never let me down and this year is no different. The motion controls, which was heavily promoted by Nintendo, is actually really good, not perfect but still manageable compared to other games. With practice, the game's controls are close to accurate and I almost felt like I am Link, fending off foes and solving puzzles. The atmosphere, the dungeons, the story, almost everythingZelda has never let me down and this year is no different. The motion controls, which was heavily promoted by Nintendo, is actually really good, not perfect but still manageable compared to other games. With practice, the game's controls are close to accurate and I almost felt like I am Link, fending off foes and solving puzzles. The atmosphere, the dungeons, the story, almost everything seems different, if not too different, from the Zelda games I have played. The story is not too different from the formula, but it does give me a little more insight on the future relationship between Zelda and Link, it's more personal than ever. There is no voice acting, but I think its nothing important with this game as the characters are expressive in their own way. The dungeons are completely vast despite the fact that it is not as much of an open world as previous installments. I feel good about completing dungeons because the journey is just as exhilarating as the destination. I know some might not like the things I have mentioned above, but for those who are willing to have an open mind and appreciate what this game can give, then its a worthwhile experience. Expand
  37. Dec 6, 2011
    This is a game that pretty much proves you can't always listen to the "users" as the case is that they're practically never right about a game being bad! Especially when it turns out to be as fun as this one! Believe me it's not something I usually say, but this time screw the losers. Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 both got higher ratings than this! However that doesn't meanThis is a game that pretty much proves you can't always listen to the "users" as the case is that they're practically never right about a game being bad! Especially when it turns out to be as fun as this one! Believe me it's not something I usually say, but this time screw the losers. Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 both got higher ratings than this! However that doesn't mean they're as fun. In fact as over rated as those games are (they're still fun IMO) they aren't worthy of climbing the same heights as a Zelda game like this one. Why not? Because they aren't nearly as revolutionary of games as people said they were! Now here's a game that has finally come along that you should just know from the very moment that you play it is pretty revolutionary, in ways that those other games will NEVER be! Show me one way that this brilliant this game isn't revolutionary! Do that and I'll show you something that will wow your socks off! Anyway you'll never convince me this is bad, if you find it bad...well that's your loss! Others who know better will continue to see it for what it is, the absolute best game in the series since Majora's Mask! Expand
  38. Dec 21, 2011
    This game is amazing. Probably the best Zelda game in the series so far, and that's saying a lot. The new crafting system is simple yet fun. The controls add to the experience but the game would be amazing without them as well. The game truly has an epic feeling and it seems every location you go there are secret spots worth checking out. One minor gripe is that it takes a little long toThis game is amazing. Probably the best Zelda game in the series so far, and that's saying a lot. The new crafting system is simple yet fun. The controls add to the experience but the game would be amazing without them as well. The game truly has an epic feeling and it seems every location you go there are secret spots worth checking out. One minor gripe is that it takes a little long to get going out of the gate, but once it does it is completely addicting. Expand
  39. Jan 2, 2012
    This was an accumulation of past Zelda games coming together to make the perfect Zelda game. The enviroment and setting was the most beautiful SD game I've ever seen played. My only gripes were the dungeons whilst innovative and clever were a bit too easy compared to say Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and the motion controls were awkward with certain enemies, especially the fwd stabbingThis was an accumulation of past Zelda games coming together to make the perfect Zelda game. The enviroment and setting was the most beautiful SD game I've ever seen played. My only gripes were the dungeons whilst innovative and clever were a bit too easy compared to say Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and the motion controls were awkward with certain enemies, especially the fwd stabbing motion never worked for me properly, sometimes I died due to Link not following my commands due to the Wii remote. The humour was Unique to Zelda as usual and the story telling was 1st class, a really excellent different take on the tried and tested Zelda formula. cooking games, pandora, limewire Expand
  40. Feb 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is without a doubt the best game i played in 2011, it is just as good as Ocarina Of Time. The characters, the story, and THE MUSIC. *brain explodes into candy* AWESOME! but the hubworld kinda feels empty and i sometimes have problems with the controls, but those are just minor nitpicks which i can easily resolve with. I had a choice between Batman Arkham city, Sonic generations, and this to pick at gamestop. Even though i was kinda regretful at first, I made the right choice. If Link and Zelda would've kissed, then i would give it an 11/10, but that's not the case, but i will give this game an A+. Expand
  41. Mar 20, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is an absolute masterpiece from beginning to end.Just beat the game a 100%, and can now safely say that this game is a true masterpiece.
  42. Nov 1, 2012
    This is definetly in my opinion the best legend of Zelda so far. Motions controls worked perfectly for me. Definetly a must buy for any legend of Zelda fan or any wii owners in general.
  43. Nov 10, 2013
    Skyward Sword is by no means the best Zelda game it's actually my sixth favorite in the series, however it I still a very great game and I had a bunch of fun playing it, even though it kinda felt like I was being babied along
  44. Oct 15, 2013
    Definitely my favorite game of all time. Probably the best example of the Wii's motion controls (It sometimes didn't work when I was randomly thrashing my remote around). The storyline, music and art style were all brilliant (I never thought I would see something as beautiful in a game as the scene which had Zelda's Lullaby playing in background). This was the game that showed me whatDefinitely my favorite game of all time. Probably the best example of the Wii's motion controls (It sometimes didn't work when I was randomly thrashing my remote around). The storyline, music and art style were all brilliant (I never thought I would see something as beautiful in a game as the scene which had Zelda's Lullaby playing in background). This was the game that showed me what video games can do and heavily increased my interest in video games. If you have a Wii or a Wii U, you have to play this game, if not, buy one. Expand
  45. Mar 29, 2014
    Sure this game is on Aging hardware, but the art style is beautiful. It's a nice distraction from all the games trying to look realistic. The puzzles are great and the boss battles introduce a new level of strategy when using the perfect motion controls. The story was wonderful and Hero Mode is truly a Challenge any Zelda Fan will like. No hearts and all the enemies doing double theSure this game is on Aging hardware, but the art style is beautiful. It's a nice distraction from all the games trying to look realistic. The puzzles are great and the boss battles introduce a new level of strategy when using the perfect motion controls. The story was wonderful and Hero Mode is truly a Challenge any Zelda Fan will like. No hearts and all the enemies doing double the damage. The music is invigorating and the items are used more frequently than pass Zelda Games. In Twilight Princess you get the spinner and only use it for one dungeon and your basically done using it for the rest of the game. In Skyward Sword, almost every dungeon requires that you use most of your items. This Game is far superior to Twilight Princess in every way. People only liked Twilight Princess because of the art style, not the game itself. Skyward Sword, Wind Waker HD, and Four Swords Adventures, are all worthy of tens for introducing new mechanics within the Zelda Series. Twilight Princess on the other hand was basically a poor version of Ocarina of Time. They took more mechanics out than added. But after playing Skyward Sword, the Sour Taste that was Twilight Princess is gone. Skyward Sword is truly the definitive Zelda and is worthy of Praise. I got a good 70 hours of the game and its well worth its asking price. Expand
  46. Aug 24, 2014
    Skyward Sword is a fine example of experimenting with expectations with the long-standing Zelda series and represents a wonderful experience to enjoy.

It is important to realize that the game does use motion controls and such the control scheme should be taken into account if you desire the game or not. Score wise, the control scheme is irrelevant as long as it works. Skyward Sword

Skyward Sword works well with the wii motion plus. The combat is not mindless button pressing or waiting for openings as it has been in previous Zeldas. Just as Twilight Princess and Wind Waker offered a secondary means to engage the player in battle so does Skyward Sword by turning all enemies into mini puzzles. By doing this, each encounter and enemy is different and brings a different threat. Bokoblins that have shock sticks are more dangerous to attack without caution then those with wooden sticks. Giant Moblins with steel shields cannot be aggro'd like their wooden shield brother's by breaking their shields as the steel shields cannot be broken by the sword. Though timing is not gone thought, blocking no longer is simply holding a button. It now requires timing to use successfully and without damaging your shield. By giving shields a health bar, the player must also be mindful with blocking too. By allowing the player to fully interact with their enemy instead of pressing a with openings allows for the player to feel directly connected with the combat. Also by making combat more puzzle oriented instead of simple button pressing, the combat feels much more mindful and deliberate. Now there are flaws with this system, it is very slow compared to earlier Zeldas. The player cannot get the same flashy combos as in previous games and cannot dispatch enemies so easily as before. And for fans of having very fluid combat, this more slow-paced but mindful puzzle combat might be tedious.

Exploration is Skyward Sword's weakest aspect as the game is very linear. While you can explore within the set paths to temples and areas, their isn't much blowing up holes and finding secrets as in previous games. However, the game world does feel more cohesive in comparison unlike the very empty worlds of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, which had very compact areas of secrets and treasures with large swaths of nothing. Both types of world and exploration has their charms but also their flaws, so if you really enjoyed the random searches in those previous games, the secrets in Skyward Sword will be a bit on the easy side for you.

The music is beautiful as always with some nice homages hidden in some songs and the story is fabulous with some of the best character building in the series to date. Skyward Sword is undoubtedly, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest Zeldas to date. It is a wonderful game that offers a wonderful experience.
  47. Nov 2, 2014
    This is a Wii game everyone must have! It's amazing in every single aspect. I'm talking plot, graphics, atmosphere, bosses, and Kikwis!
    Well done Miyamoto, Nintendo!
    Oh and Warning: Be prepared for Kolotos!
  48. Nov 20, 2011
    Have been playing this for 30 hours now, completing the sixth dungeon. It is very difficult to state this is the best Zelda ever. You can observe it in two ways; is it the best Zelda gameplaywise and technically? Yes, it is. It has the gameplay of all the Zelda games and has the best graphics and power. Some dungeondesigns are pretty good. I am pleased they attempted to use moreHave been playing this for 30 hours now, completing the sixth dungeon. It is very difficult to state this is the best Zelda ever. You can observe it in two ways; is it the best Zelda gameplaywise and technically? Yes, it is. It has the gameplay of all the Zelda games and has the best graphics and power. Some dungeondesigns are pretty good. I am pleased they attempted to use more dungeonthemes than just the standard earthelements like forest, water, fire. This time you will use more creative elements like timeshiftstones and pirates. Also the motion controls adds more feel to the game. This is easily the best motion game out there, because it works. the swordfighting is very responsive and I always get an exciting feeling when approaching an enemy, even after 30 hours. You fight only because it's fun while you can just run away. Only Nintendo is able to do this in this video game generation. The graphics are the best in a Zeldagame yet. It combines Windwaker with Twilight Princess and adds a waterpainting feeling to it when watching in the distance. The closer you are to an object, the sharper it gets. although, sometimes it is just a pixelmess.

And then there is another way to review this game. Nintendo already knew fans wanted some changes in the Zeldaformula. You can see they tried with this game. But the things they tried, like returning to already done dungeons, an upgradesystem for your items like shields, potions and the beetle, adding a staminameter, collecting upgradeitems, are not the most creative elements out there in the game. This has already done many times before, therefore it adds no new feeling to it really. It feels like a combination of some old gameplaymechanics with the Zelda-formula (Darksiders gave me the same feeling, combines Zelda with god of war). the changes didn't really stunned me in a way the older Zeldagames did when they were new. It is often predictable what to do when you're stuck, like looking to the ceiling or use the new item you get, because you recognize the situation, it feels very familiar. Of course, some people will only appreciate this nostalgia-feeling. But I already thought Zelda TP felt to familiar and therefore the puzzels were easy. This Zelda has gone some changes in the original formula, but not enough. Don't ask me what is necessary to give a Zelda game a whole new feeling to it but at the same time also feels like a Zelda-game, that is for Nintendo to find out. This is CERTAINLY not a bad game! Gameplaywise it is still one of the best games this game-moviegeneration. But is doesn't stunned me like Mario Galaxy did compared to other Mario-games. Galaxy felt VERY creative, did many things new and still felt like a Mario-game. It is time for the next Zelda to do the same. I heard Miyamoto is leading the first Zelda HD. I can't wait to see what they will do with this one.
  49. Nov 28, 2011
    This beautiful game deserves the beautiful score : 10. Every aspect of this game is fine-tuned, and is the best Zelda experience i've had. Everything works so well, from the timeless water-color design to the clever dungeon puzzles, this game is a complete masterpiece.
  50. Nov 20, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is medicore compared to this game, Skirym is no match. Ocarina of time lacks depth compared to Skyward sword. Remember the Gameboy Colour Zelda games? This is a perfect description of this game. The over world has puzzles elements, its vast and interesting. So much to explore and do, unlike the past 3D Zelda games. Every dungeon is a masterpiece. The music is wonderful.

This

This game changes the Zelda formulae, without ruining the feel of Zelda. Items are upgradable etc. and many more changes; which I will not mention in order to not ruin the game experience.
  51. Nov 29, 2011
    Best Zelda ever, it greatness creeps up on you, so its only immediately apparent but it grows on you. A few dungeons in and you see the best of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time.
  52. Dec 25, 2011
    Skyward Sword is simply one of the greatest games I have ever played, perfect from start to finish. The controls are perfect and the music is spell-binding! Although there may be a few niggles, they aren't major. Well worth a purchase. 10/10
  53. Nov 28, 2011
    Here we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one ofHere we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of those titles. Skyward Sword improves on every aspect of the Zelda series. It raised the bar so high, that future titles (of the series), are going to have one hell of a time flying past the skies and into the stars...

STORY-It's no secret that Skyward Sword is the prequel to OOT, in fact, Nintendo announced that Skyward Sword takes place as the first Zelda title ever. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience that tells the brilliant story about how the series first started. Without going into detail (for the sake of people who have yet to play it), Skyward Sword dramatically changes the way The Legend Of Zelda's story was ever told. Traditionally, Zelda's story has always been about Link saving Princess Zelda from the Evil clutches of Gannon, have a happy ending, and do it all again in 3 to 5 years; this is not the case for Skyward Sword. Skyward Swords story improves in so many ways and with it's great art design, manages to deliver a memorable cast of characters. For those of you hoping for more control of the story, your not going to find it here. Regardless, Nintendo does an excellent job perfectly pacing the story, without ever feeling like your hand is being held the whole way through. Your objectives are quite clear, yet your always asking yourself "how do I get to the next area"? I never felt as if any part of the story was added for the sake of making the game longer. CONTROLS-Skyward Sword defines what a true game experience really is, by using some of the most sophisticated motion controls ever designed for a video game. Forget what you knew about Zelda's button mashing combat, this is a whole new way to control Link; where as before battling enemies was strictly a button mashing obstacle to proceed, now turns into a fight that requires skill and accuracy to reach the next foe. Not only has Nintendo somehow managed to make every enemy and boss battle exciting, they succeeded in implementing motion controls into every aspect of the game, without hurting the experience and making it more tasteful, and appealing, to every type of gamer. The motion controls are a new and welcomed edition to the Zelda franchise; in fact, the thought of exploring the land of Hyrule without motion controls (after using it), would be a step backwards for the series.

GRAPHICS-Nintendo has managed to create a colorful, vivid, land, and some how combine the mature aspect of Twilight Princes together, without making it feel like Skyward Swords art direction was catered for children or adults. Granted most of the Wii's power is used for the Wii Motion Plus, Nintendo still managed to push the limits of the Wii like no other company has ever done before. There were a few times when I found myself wishing Skyward Sword would output in 1080p, but then again who doesn't??? I appreciate the effort that Nintendo made on Skyward Swords graphics, it runs so smooth (compared to current gen titles), I was able to look past the graphical limitations and enjoy the magnificent lands created. SOUND- Zelda + Orchestra = EPIC! Not once did I feel that the music in Skyward Sword never matched. Whether I was opening a treasure chest, or flying through the beautiful sky, Skyward Sword managed to suck me into its world with its tunes. Sound-effects are better than ever and improves on what previous versions offered. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience. There is over an hour and a half of cut scenes and itâ
  54. Nov 22, 2011
    Its the best zelda game of the series, and probably the best wii game. Good graphics, good gameplay, intense history about the origin of the master sword and use all the wii features you can desire to play.If you have wii or dont, buy it and play one of the best games of the generation.
  55. Nov 23, 2011
    I gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the oldI gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the old zelda games that had so many trap doors and secrets at every corner, had a room that traps you by you ending up in the same room endlessly if you pick the wrong sequence of doors to open. The boss battles are enjoyable due to the wii nunchuck though getting the right camera angle while moving around is still a pain. The story for this game is very kiddish where you wonder how Zelda could move ahead of you so fast going into dungeons, lava filled volcano areas, underwater areas and monster filled areas and coming out unharmed while you have to look tirelessly for dungeon keys and getting the right equipment to progress the game. Maybe Link is the one that needs protecting. I won't knock the game because its story is geared towards kids so I'm giving it a 9 for control innovation, mini-games innovation, dungeon puzzles were a little challenging, mini-games a little challenging. Just wish they made this game more challenging by bigger boss battles, more challenging hidden stuff and areas, less hints, less childish and include the old NES Zelda dungeon music in dungeons. Expand
  56. Nov 22, 2011
    Un bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellementUn bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellement pathétique que je vais faire la même chose sur son jeu adoré , en pestant sur la jouabilité ... j'espère qu'il lira mon test , et se rendra compte de sa connerie ^^ Expand
  57. Nov 22, 2011
    I haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my handI haven't played the game fully and I might do another review once I'm fully done with the game, but so far the game feels great. The motion control really add to the experience and the challenge. I have one complaint on it, and that is that there is no left hand feature. It makes it difficult for me to do a proper vertical slice from the left, as I need to slice quickly, so my hand doesn't go far enough to the right to do a slice, and it ends up not slicing at all.

The antagonist looks gay and stupid, but still does a good job at being the villain, although a more masculine character would've been better. The storyline isn't the best so far, either. You're just trying to stop the villain.

The game also feels a bit linear, and there isn't a whole lot to explore. You're restricted to running around in a pretty small area as opposed to Twilight Princess where you had a huge area to explore. There are pretty much no people or shops on the ground, either. The only people you can talk to properly are in the sky, making the ground a boring place where you're pretty much restricted to following the storyline.

Fi (your helper) is the most boring character ever. She doesn't have any characteristics at all. She just so... straight. Midna had a personality which made her a loveable character, while Fi doesn't have any personality at all and functions pretty much like a robot. She's nothing to hate, but nothing to like either.

The ability to run is a well needed one. Good work, big N.

The soundtrack isn't very good so far. There are absolutely no masterpieces. Really disappointing for a franchise that has delivered quality soundtracks for 25 years. Theme flying-theme is my favorite piece so far, even though it doesn't really sound all that adventurous and reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy 2. Maybe that's because it's orchestrated, but it still does.

The flying is fun for the first hour or so. After that it gets repetitive and boring. There is nothing to see except floating islands with maybe a treasure chest on them or something uninteresting. Absolutely boring, and you have to use the Loftwing every time you want to go somewhere. In Twilight Princess you could just warp to different places where you'd been. In Skyward Sword you have to save at a bird statue to get that warp point, and you still have to fly your bird to it.

On the topic of bird statues - what a load of **** If there's one thing I hate in a video game it's not being able to save whenever you want to. I was in the middle of one of the spiritual training-things when I had to leave. It was either turn the Wii off, lose progress, or let it be on for the rest of the night. Power-consuming and irritating. Why Nintendo, WHY!?! Fair enough, you have to use them to get yourself back above the clouds, but why not just call Fi and let her do it?

The shield system is ass. The iron shield breaks after a couple of hits, and you don't get the Hylian shield until way later in the game. Why not save us the trouble of having to go back to Skyloft whenever the shield gets destroyed? The shield is so necessary during certain boss fights that you have to leave the dungeon and come back.

On the topic of bosses - some are fun and challenging, others just annoying. Due to the graphical style in the game, you can't make the bosses nearly as fierce as they were in Twilight Princess. Instead you have to deal with some bosses that just look stupid, and not scary. Even Ocarina of Time, with all it's polygons had scarier bosses. And that's saying something.

The graphical style was a major disappointment when I first saw the game at E3. I felt that it would limit the game, and it does. The game does look good, but it doesn't make the experience as good as it could've been with a darker style. Everything would look more "badass". Bokoblins looks like something a two year old has drawn. Same for the fifth temple boss. As a 17-year old I do of course enjoy more realistic enemies. Nintendo wants to reach out to a wider audience, of course, but for long time Zelda-fans it's disappointing.

All in all it's a good game and a nice addition to the franchise, however it has its flaws. Really not a whole lot innovative other than the new controls. The story isn't spectacular so far and it's not a whole lot new. It could've had a lot more done to it and a bit more polish, but it's a good game which will provide you with a lot of fun for a good amount of time. It was a tough decision to decide between 8 and 9, but it gets a 9. The annoyances and soundtrack pulls it down from a perfect 10.
  58. Nov 22, 2011
    As I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works asAs I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works as advertised and really adds a level of immersion to the game that has never really been part of a Zelda game before. The sword fighting is fun and they even have found clever ways to work all the Wii Sports motions we have been doing for years into the game without it being gimmicky. Bowling bombs need I say more? Another great thing about this game is the challenge. There hasn't been a Zelda game this hard since Zelda II on the NES. While this game is still not as hard as that game it is defiantly more difficult than any other Zelda and that is a most welcome change. I grew up with Zelda so I will always love it but it is nice to play a game that doesn't feel like it's difficulty was designed with 8 year olds in mind. Graphically the game is as beautiful as anything I've seen on the Wii. It may not look quite as sharp as Super Mario Galaxy 2 but it makes up for it in art direction and style. The perfect marriage between Wind Waker's Saturday morning cartoon feel and Twilight Princess's more mature feel. The music is also excellent and for the first time completely orchestrated. The story I will not go into great detail on as I have not seen it in its entirety. I will say that so far it has been one of the strongest narratives I've seen in a Zelda game yet. The emotion and character on display is unmatched in the series and Link despite being silent as always has never had so much personality as he does here. Zelda herself even makes much more of an impact then usual. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story takes me. All in all it is an excellent title from Nintendo and worthy of the praise that has been lavished upon it. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but the 0's I've seen given to this game are just ludicrous. Don't listen to the naysayers. Even if you don't end up liking the game as much as I a doubt that you will find it to be a 0 experience. Expand
  59. Nov 30, 2011
    Ok so I'll say this the short way and the long way, the short way this the best game of this generation wheter it's Wii, PS3 or 360 and makes the Wii a MUST HAVE console; alright now here's the long version. Skyward Sword relies hevaily on motion control, but those of you that think motion control is unresponsive will see no issues with this game wheter it's the sword, the bombs, or theOk so I'll say this the short way and the long way, the short way this the best game of this generation wheter it's Wii, PS3 or 360 and makes the Wii a MUST HAVE console; alright now here's the long version. Skyward Sword relies hevaily on motion control, but those of you that think motion control is unresponsive will see no issues with this game wheter it's the sword, the bombs, or the whip everything responds with pinpoint accuracy. Those of you who breezed trough twilight princess cause you were able to wildly swing the controller will have trouble enemys block depending on how you swing your sword so you have to take time to aim your strikes or youll be open to counterattack. Although Zelda is one of Nintendo's franchises well suited to realilistic graphics, I find Skyward Sword's graphics stunning and showing one of if not the best way to show off the wii's graphic capabillities (who says we need hd graphics to make a good looking game). The music is now fully orchestrated and wheter it was the classic Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time or the new Ballad of the Goddess main theme Skyward Sword's versions are now the ones the ring in my head constantly. The story also proves that there can be an amazing story with a great cast despite not bieng fully voiced while telling the origin of Zelda's boduguard Impa, the master sword, even Ganondorf to some extent. Skyward Sword also offers a higher difficulty mode called hero mode where even the most expierienced Zelda players will have trouble facing enimies but unfortunatly the dungeons don't get the Master Quest treatment. Skyward Sword is the reson to own a wii it's the best game of the last two generations if not going farther than that, it also repeats the cycle of all Nintendo consoles and handhelds with the last major Nintendo release; showing the real power of the system and evolving the series that is given the honor. It is the greatest update to the Zelda series since Ocarina and gets every Nintendo fan one last wii hurrah before we transition to Wii U next year. Expand
  60. Dec 26, 2011
    The Game's An Overall Masterpiece, Though Sometimes It Can Feel A Little Too Easy, And It's Real Annoying When The Controls Go Off Center. Other Than That,This Should Belong In Anyone's Collection!
  61. Jan 25, 2012
    Easily the best Zelda game ever released. The motion controls are excellent and I love the storyline. The addition for equipment upgrades is also excellent as it gives the player incentive to hunt out as many items as possible to get the best equipment available.
  62. Apr 26, 2012
    Bar none, this is one of the greatest zelda titles that I have ever had the privilege to play. The controls allow for an incredibly sense of immersion and dungeons are well designed and lengthy. This is a great game and a worthy zelda title.
  63. Jul 12, 2012
    While I don't agree with everyone here, I'd have to say that this entry in the series, is probably the most fun I've had with the series. A deep, and twisting story filled with multiple puzzles and wii gimmicks that aren't terrible (at least in my opinion). Clearly, the motion controls are not perfect, but are really close to being so, even if they screw up, nintendo added in a "center"While I don't agree with everyone here, I'd have to say that this entry in the series, is probably the most fun I've had with the series. A deep, and twisting story filled with multiple puzzles and wii gimmicks that aren't terrible (at least in my opinion). Clearly, the motion controls are not perfect, but are really close to being so, even if they screw up, nintendo added in a "center" command encase they're not acting correctly. That is an issue, nintendo should've checked to see why the controls didn't center, and it shows a missed spot on this polished gem. The overworld is actually fairly small, but your loftwing(the bird you fly) is slow, and there is no way to speed him up, which is a shame. Those are the only complaints I have, but getting passed them leads to an excellent game that I would consider one of the best. If you're going to get this game, finish it, it's well worth it. Expand
  64. Jun 24, 2012
    This game captures the essence of Zelda and everything you love about it and enhances it. Quite honestly, the Wii Motion Plus controls were just an additional pleasure. The story shows the very origin of all that is Hyrule and its inhabitants, the world becomes a real dungeon design rather than mindless scenery, dungeons require thinking and timing, and fighting has never felt so amazing.This game captures the essence of Zelda and everything you love about it and enhances it. Quite honestly, the Wii Motion Plus controls were just an additional pleasure. The story shows the very origin of all that is Hyrule and its inhabitants, the world becomes a real dungeon design rather than mindless scenery, dungeons require thinking and timing, and fighting has never felt so amazing. The graphics truly bring out a style that defines Zelda to the maximum and the music being orchestrated simply added to the amazing feeling of playing a Nintendo game once more. This game is easily my favorite of the Zelda series, finally knocking Ocarina of Time off its high horse. This is the game the Wii was built for. If you don't at least try it, you're missing out on the game of the year. Expand
  65. NSM
    Jul 2, 2012
    One of my favorite Zelda games, besides Ocarina of Time and maybe a couple others. This game is flawless and is great for any wii lover, zelda fan, or someone wanting something original. It's a must have!
  66. Feb 21, 2013
    Somehow, this feels more like Studio Ghibli than even "Ni No Kuni." I adore the art design and graphics of the game so much, it's probably my second favorite looking "Zelda" behind only "Ocarina of Time." Awesomely enough, how incredible it looks is matched (and often exceeded) by its great storytelling, pace, and controls. I don't think I ever became more emotionally invested in aSomehow, this feels more like Studio Ghibli than even "Ni No Kuni." I adore the art design and graphics of the game so much, it's probably my second favorite looking "Zelda" behind only "Ocarina of Time." Awesomely enough, how incredible it looks is matched (and often exceeded) by its great storytelling, pace, and controls. I don't think I ever became more emotionally invested in a "Zelda"... or any solely Nintendo title, come to think of it. There are moments when the plot beats and the music accompanying them are simply awe-inspiring. I'm also in the camp that firmly believes its place in "Zelda" mythos as the first chronologically (and how the rest of the games fit together because of it) is genius. There's no other word for it except genius. I never thought it possible to logically and practically link every game in this series, but so help me, it REALLY works! However, I do have a rather large problem with "Skyward" that cannot be ignored (and is the only reason I didn't rate it a 10): it's insanely easy in every area (save combat) and it never allows itself to become more complicated at any point before it ends. With every quest, puzzle, and whatnot, you have Fi giving you advice and flat-out hints and, as if that's not enough, there's those miserable stones that basically reveal everything to you if you so inquire. It's ridiculous to me, considering the very foundation of the "Zeldas" is exploration and discovery. It's a shame Nintendo also decided to carry this ability to find out everything about everything without having to do anything over to the 3D release of the aforemenioned "Ocarina" (the reason the N64 version is still the ace). Expand
  67. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is truly amazing. The graphics are the best Ive ever seen out of any game for the Wii. Even if your not a Zelda fan this game is absolutely incredible. I actually purchased a Wii just to play this. This game is a must have.
  68. Oct 1, 2013
    not only the best zelda game ever but the greatest game ever. this game is perfect in everyway. it has the best graphics on the wii and the art style is beautiful. a must have for anyone who owns a wii.
  69. Oct 22, 2013
    This game deserves a 10. Anyone who says it sucks is basically an idiot who can't handle simple wiimotion controls or just a no life who hates on Nintendo. The story is the best of the Zelda series, the soundtrack is amazing as usual, the controls are PERFECT and nothing is wrong with them, the temples are original and new, the characters each have their own special personalities and theThis game deserves a 10. Anyone who says it sucks is basically an idiot who can't handle simple wiimotion controls or just a no life who hates on Nintendo. The story is the best of the Zelda series, the soundtrack is amazing as usual, the controls are PERFECT and nothing is wrong with them, the temples are original and new, the characters each have their own special personalities and the overall feel of the game is amazing. Get this game and don't listen to these horrible reviews. Totally worth buying. Expand
  70. Apr 3, 2014
    This is the reason to buy a Wii. Skyward Sword not only utilizes but it masters the motion controls of the Wii using motion plus, and accompanied by a compelling and amazing story full of twists, it manages to create a completely new Zelda game, while sticking to its roots. In my opinion this game could well be the greatest Zelda game of all time, or even the greatest game of all time.
  71. Dec 7, 2014
    Controls are awesome. Visuals and story are best in the series. Sure it's a little more linear but I think it a change for the best. Stop reading this review and go buy it, it's not very expensive on half.com or Amazon.
  72. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect control's, brilliant story, unique gameplay and a fantastic story come together to create a masterpiece. If you own a Wii, you have no reason NOT to own this!
  73. Mar 29, 2013
    Fi: Thank you.
    Me in tears: No, Fi, thank you for everything.

The most equally beautiful and saddest moment in any game I've ever played.
    This game is a work of art and the absolute pinnacle of Nintendo.
  74. Nov 22, 2011
    Let me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion controlLet me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion control at such a high standard.

Most of the low reviews are trolling, "no voice-acting? wtf Nintendo?" obviously the people who said that have never played a Zelda game before, otherwise they'd realise there's never been and never will be voice acting. 'the book is better than the movie'. Also, anyone saying the controls are slow or inaccurate are either doing it wrong or their Wiimote is up the creek. (or they're lying).

The game is extremely lengthy, taking roughly 40 hours if you're quick at solving the puzzles. And then you still have tons of extra content, including "hero mode". The game kept feeling fun and enjoyable throughout these many hours, gameplay was constantly changing and many surprises happened.

Music is beautiful, graphics are beautiful, side characters are the most memorable in the series (I got attached to almost every single character)/ Level design is absolutely genius.

------DETAILS ABOUT HERO MODE (Do not read below if you don't want to know about Hero Mode)-----

Hero Mode is unlocked on completion of the game's main story, Hero Mode gives you the game again, but enemies do double damage. If it wasn't already hard enough, there's now no such thing as hearts to restore your health. Pots, Plants, Monsters, nothing drops hearts, not even in the boss chamber.

The only way to heal is by potions or sleeping. Sleeping cannot be done on the surface, so you'll have to rely on potions as the only way to get your hearts back.

This is truly challenging, even for the most experienced Zelda veterans like myself.

Great Game 10/10
  75. Nov 20, 2011
    As I've read in most forums, obvious troll is obvious and these people live in a world all their own. Spewing out negativity in spite, just because they can. Pay no mind to those who are bashing this game, unless they give a legitimate reasoning to why they dislike the game. Anyone who buys Zelda expecting something other than the Zelda formula shouldn't be able to buy the game honestly.As I've read in most forums, obvious troll is obvious and these people live in a world all their own. Spewing out negativity in spite, just because they can. Pay no mind to those who are bashing this game, unless they give a legitimate reasoning to why they dislike the game. Anyone who buys Zelda expecting something other than the Zelda formula shouldn't be able to buy the game honestly. That's what players have come to love of this series and if they changed it then we wouldn't have Zelda anymore. Unresponsive controls? What game are you playing? This probably has some of the best usage of the Wii remote to date. The story is plenty intriguing to grab an audience and keep them playing. Everything seems more thought out, and more time was put into the final product. They use cinematic parts to help with the story driving creating drama and all sorts of emotions. The characters are amazing, and well Link is still Link. Best looking game on the Wii and totally worth a buy. 10/10 from me, Zelda is still going strong. Expand
  76. Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty good, at first the controls were hard to control, but it turns out there's ACTUALLY SKILL INVOLVED IN SWINGING THE SWORD. The fact that waggling to kill no longer applying made my **** day. I recommend this game highly.
  77. Jan 7, 2012
    Very well done videogame. The story alone makes it amazing! Once you learn how to play this game (it does have a learning curve) you will have so much fun! I am also happy that I actually got Game Over a few times because other Zelda games have been very easy in comparison. All in all: great story, great characters, great game!
  78. Nov 21, 2011
    10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity,10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity, even while she is something fun and calculator. The control of the sword is the evolution we expected to see 5 years ago. Hours and hours of exploration, unexpected, exciting story. In short, a memorable milestone of Zelda in its 25 years of existence. Expand
  79. Nov 29, 2011
    Best game of "The Legend of Zelda" saga.
    This is the game the Wii was built for! All gameplay, that we suffer in other Wii games, where designed for Zelda...
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    The controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solveThe controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solve puzzles, beat boss, done. They actually make a whole area in the game a open ended dungeon, having certain things sealed off until you have the right weapons to access them, almost like a metroid approach, something some fans will hate but most will like the change of pace from the tired formula zelda has always stuck to. it is very challenging as well making you think about where to slice your enemy next without just mashing a button or waggling around like in past games, and the bosses are extremely creative an difficult making them the best in the series to date. It really is what the wii was made for and is a must buy for anyone who is a fan of the series. Expand
  81. Dec 27, 2011
    Skyward Sword's main strength is that the game has magic. charming, creative, fantastic. it a magical feel that so many modern games lack. the game advance the franchise it a lot of ways. it's story line is simply the best in Zelda's history. like the rest of the game, it's extremely charming and well executed. the cutsence are so well directed and orchestrated, and they help drew you inSkyward Sword's main strength is that the game has magic. charming, creative, fantastic. it a magical feel that so many modern games lack. the game advance the franchise it a lot of ways. it's story line is simply the best in Zelda's history. like the rest of the game, it's extremely charming and well executed. the cutsence are so well directed and orchestrated, and they help drew you in the experience. Sword combat and item use is so intuitive and fits the game perfectly . The art style is amazingly clever, but it's still the WII. the game itself is not perfect, but taken as an experience Skyward Sword is magical, the sort of Magical that will don't see anymore in gaming today. simply everyone must try this out. it has became my favorite Zelda alongside Wind Waker. And now, let's see what Zelda can Nintendo create with some real horse power on the WII U. Expand
  82. Nov 20, 2011
    So, I'm just wondering if any of the negative reviewers have actually PLAYED the game? OR, are they really that negative against Nintendo and the Wii? Not a single negative review gives me any reason to believe they actually picked up a Wii remote to give the game a chance. And even the one reviewer that said "then again, it's a Wii game." sounds like he barely lifted a finger to giveSo, I'm just wondering if any of the negative reviewers have actually PLAYED the game? OR, are they really that negative against Nintendo and the Wii? Not a single negative review gives me any reason to believe they actually picked up a Wii remote to give the game a chance. And even the one reviewer that said "then again, it's a Wii game." sounds like he barely lifted a finger to give it a proper chance.

Now, being someone who HAS played the game, let me say that the positive reviews are absolutely warranted and deserved. Nintendo has truly stepped up their game this time around, by giving us an adventure that's as fun to play, as it is hard to STOP playing.

I've been reading a lot of complaints about the "unresponsive" motion controls, and it tells me that some people expected the same waggle-gaggle action that Twilight Princess and the original Wii Sports had. That icon at the bottom of the box, symbolizing Wii MotionPlus, means that while it DOES accurately track your motions, you should really give yourself time to get used to it. Remember the frustration in trying to score a strike in Wii Sports Resort? Yeah? Then be patient! After time, the controls are very easy to adapt to. And if you DON'T remember, then maybe you should play Wii a bit more often.

Of course, where's a Zelda game without the story? This game is set back before Ocarina of Time, and while it isn't an admittedly PERFECT story it's better fare than any of the war games that are out today.

Between the variety of gameplay options, the vast amount of quests and things to do, the compelling story, and the amazing MotionPlus-enabled combat, Zelda Skyward Sword truly is the best Wii game ever, and possibly the best game I've played all year.

Speaking of, I'm gonna get back to that now.
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    Ok so ive played Skyward Sword for about 7 and a half hours now. and even though its a little to early to judge the game in a whole im gonna give it a 9 but if my opinion changes ill change the review. But so far pretty damn good game
  84. Nov 20, 2011
    A testement to Nintendo's sheer mastery at creating video games. They are truly the most talented developers in the world. It's is sheer brilliance from start to finish. The controls are responsive and incredibley fresh, the graphics are beutiful, the characters and locales are unique and beutiful. This is the game we have all been waiting for.
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    If I rated this game based on Graphics I might have knocked off a couple points. However, as it stands I rate games based on game play alone. I've been playing Zelda starting with the very first Zelda. I wouldn't call it The BEST Zelda ever, but then again I have yet to actually beat the game! This game deserves a 10. I would understand why someone who isn't really a fan of the seriesIf I rated this game based on Graphics I might have knocked off a couple points. However, as it stands I rate games based on game play alone. I've been playing Zelda starting with the very first Zelda. I wouldn't call it The BEST Zelda ever, but then again I have yet to actually beat the game! This game deserves a 10. I would understand why someone who isn't really a fan of the series might rate it lower. But I just figure they should go back to playing COD and leave this game to the people who can enjoy a game for it's game play and not it's graphics. Expand
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles,Easily one of the best games of the year! I will not go to such extent claiming GOTY, although i voted for it already! (btw I avoided twilight princess too!) Skyward Sword is easily one of the best , if not the best Zelda game, a refreshing experience, and quite probably the best game on Wii! If you are a nintendo fan, or if you are a fan of action adventure games with clever puzzles, tons of action, pranks, skydiving, soaring among the clouds, swordfighting and gadgets, as well as challenging memorable and rewarding boss fights this is *definitely* the game for you! If you don't own a wii, borrow or buy a used one, and play this game now! Enjoy the smile on your face after a tense battle! This all what games are about! Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect soMy favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect so far. I've had zero issues with registering jabs or swings and have only needed to recenter the cursor a couple of times while looking at the map. I'm guessing that the people that are having issues aren't use to the motion controls, have a broken controller, or haven't played the game. It looks like all of the COD trolls are trying to avenge their user metascore. Expand
  88. Nov 28, 2011
    This is one of the best games for the Wii! Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This is the game the Wii was built for! This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to goThis is one of the best games for the Wii! Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This is the game the Wii was built for! This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. This Zelda is one of the best Zelda game ever. First of all the gameplay is great, with the wiimote plus everything you do will be recognized and its really impressive. But because it uses the gyro instead of using the sensor bar you will often of to recenter the wiimote while using items like the slingshot. Graphics are really wonderfull, its are the best you can find on wii. I believe this is as good as Ocarina of time. They tried innovating and succeeded! This game makes old gamers happy and new people to the series as well. They changed a lot of new things but in a way that did not disappoint people who loved the formula and got tired of the formula. 25 hours till now playing the game ,controls are very impressive,clever, initiative . the important part that i have the same feeling in Ocarina of time the Depth of game play the value that i want to replay the dungeons and visit the area than one Time. The graphics are the best wii can get. The gameplay with the wii controller is superb. Absolutely fantastic. It's colorful, it's challenging, and while it's reasonably accessible for new players it does none of the claustrophobic hand-holding that many other recent Zeldas have done. The combat is a massive improvement over Twilight Princess, the motion controls being precise, responsive, and making combat an actual treat. Expand
  89. Dec 2, 2011
    Stupendous! Gamers really can't ask for more. The best Zelda according to me. From the controls, to the graphics, to the story, I was blown away. Nintendo really went all out with this one.
  90. Dec 29, 2011
    A worthy successor to the Zelda mythos. Addition of motion controls is overrated, but does add another layer to the game play. I have to keep remembering what motions to make in order to do the finishing moves, but still worth the game time. Flying becomes a bit tedious in the same way that riding trains became tedious in Spirit Tracks, especially when my arms started to hurt. But for aA worthy successor to the Zelda mythos. Addition of motion controls is overrated, but does add another layer to the game play. I have to keep remembering what motions to make in order to do the finishing moves, but still worth the game time. Flying becomes a bit tedious in the same way that riding trains became tedious in Spirit Tracks, especially when my arms started to hurt. But for a first party effort from Nintendo, worth picking up and adding to the collection. Not willing to say if it's better than Twilight Princess just yet, but I'm glad I picked it up. Expand
  91. Jan 17, 2012
    Dont listen to the dumb trolls on this site...this game is just as good as OOT. Any true Zelda fan will attest to that. This is a game that MUST be owned and played by everyone.
  92. Jan 29, 2012
    Uno de los mejores Zeldas en la historia. la historia es un poco lenta y tarda en ponerte en contexto pero una vez que llegas al punto te das cuenta de lo genial que es. altamente recomendable para los fans. y para los pobres diablos que le ponen 0 solo les puedo decir regresen a los COD que son los unicos que estan a la altura de sus miseros intelectos!
  93. Feb 28, 2012
    This is by far one of the best Zelda games in history. The gameplay, graphics, and music are just absolutely AMAZING! Nintendo completely took advantage of the potential the Wii Motion Plus has.
  94. Mar 13, 2012
    This game is epic! Great story, amazing gameplay and the graphics are the best you can find on the wii. The controller sometimes might be a pain in the ass but ignoring that, this is a masterpiece!!! Totally worth your money!
  95. Mar 24, 2012
    This game is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. The graphics look amazing, the controls are amazing, the world is amazing. Everything is done almost flawlessly. The controls match you every movement and works very well. The world is very compact in this entry with only four main areas to explore, if you count Skyloft as an area. Within these areas though, There is plenty ofThis game is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. The graphics look amazing, the controls are amazing, the world is amazing. Everything is done almost flawlessly. The controls match you every movement and works very well. The world is very compact in this entry with only four main areas to explore, if you count Skyloft as an area. Within these areas though, There is plenty of ideas packed into these few areas. The start does start out a bit slow, but it's worth it. This game has some of the best dungeons the series has ever seen. There are only seven main dungeons this time around but this is an example of quality over quantity. The area you explore before the dungeons also has some puzzle solving and battle elements as well. The sky is a pretty empty area though. There are goddess cube chests which correspond with other cubes on the surface of the world. These includes items but it isn't enough in the large sky in Zelda. There is a wealth of side quests to be had in this adventure with most involving a strange vampire person named Batreaux and getting gratitude crystals. This entire adventure will take you a good fifty hours including all the side quests. This is a must own title for anyone who calls themselves a gamer. Expand
  96. Mar 25, 2012
    It's Zelda, so of course it's great. But what I wasn't expecting was how much fun it was to learn how to sword fight. For the first time in years, I felt there was a learning curve I had to master. Battles were difficult in the beginning until I gained skill and finesse with the sword. The other highlight is the art style. The Wii can't compete with HD, so instead they opted forIt's Zelda, so of course it's great. But what I wasn't expecting was how much fun it was to learn how to sword fight. For the first time in years, I felt there was a learning curve I had to master. Battles were difficult in the beginning until I gained skill and finesse with the sword. The other highlight is the art style. The Wii can't compete with HD, so instead they opted for creativity. The impressionistic paint style is so pretty, I felt like the real world looked boring in comparison every time I stopped playing. The story is interesting and feels a little less generic and archetypal than some in this series. Expand
  97. Dec 2, 2012
    Hands down the best Zelda game! The controls were perfect i didn't have any trouble using them at all. The graphics are one of the best things about this game, they were so good and it seemed that objects far away looked like paintings but when they came closer they came into detail. Everything about this game was great right down to the story. A must buy for anyone.
  98. Dec 23, 2012
    Fantastic game really really good, it contains some puzzle elements like in Link to the Past (SNES), and some RPG like the SNES game Secret of Mana had back in the days, with this game the makers combined the best of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Maker/Minish Cap, with a new original story, great colors and the Wii Motion Plus remote that give it another dimension. For me it was fun fromFantastic game really really good, it contains some puzzle elements like in Link to the Past (SNES), and some RPG like the SNES game Secret of Mana had back in the days, with this game the makers combined the best of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Maker/Minish Cap, with a new original story, great colors and the Wii Motion Plus remote that give it another dimension. For me it was fun from since I started. Personally I wasn't to happy with Twilight Princess but this game is 100% up my street. This is the game that you can't stop playing until you finish it. :-P Expand
  99. Apr 11, 2013
    Skyward swords has a lot of good points but also a few bad points. lets start off with the good.

The first thing that is brilliant with SS are the characters. Legend of Zelda has never had such a lovable cast. Even the robotic Fi will be pulling at your heart strings by the end of the game. Zelda has never been so likeable. She is full of personality and I actually cared much more about saving her.

The next great thing about it, is the story. Nintendo wisely chose to tell the true origin story of Zelda and why you are in the position you are in. You truly feel like this important character, and it drives you to play the game to your full potential. The story is only made better by the brilliant cast

The next thing that is wonderful in SS is the graphics and the sound. The mix of wind wakers cell shadedness and twilight princess mature world, gives Skyward sword an identity that can truly be known as the best look for Legend of Zelda. The music n the game is also the best it has ever been, mainly because it is fully orchestrated and the new themes fit perfectly within the context of the story and characters. "Fi's farewell" is my favourite track.

Now for the bad aspect. the structure of game play. Due to the limitations of the Wii Nintendo has created a world made up of four large areas. They are all wonderful locations and Nintendo should be commended for crafting such a brilliant world. The issue is you will be travelling back and forth so much between these locations that they get quite dull

Overall Skyward sword has become my favourite Legend of Zelda game, and one of my favourite games ever. Nintendo has created something truly special. I give it a well deserved 9 out of 10

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.