7.9

1. Jul 20, 2012
    This is the best use of motion controls ever seen in a video game. This game is packed full of content. The story is interesting and the graphics are perfect. The amount of sidequests adds on even more to the length of the game. Everything about this game is perfect. It takes Zelda, Nintendo, and the wii to new heights, as this is one of the most innovative games that has ever seen theThis is the best use of motion controls ever seen in a video game. This game is packed full of content. The story is interesting and the graphics are perfect. The amount of sidequests adds on even more to the length of the game. Everything about this game is perfect. It takes Zelda, Nintendo, and the wii to new heights, as this is one of the most innovative games that has ever seen the light of day. Expand
  2. Nov 25, 2011
    It took them 5 years but Nintendo has finally done it..delivering an adventure so grand yet utilizing the 'revolutionary' motion control to the best there ever is. While there may be some technical hiccups, this is truly the masters' showing how it's done. Delivering and maximizing the ability of a 'weaker' system such as the Wii to its fullest. Great graphics (not high def though), greatIt took them 5 years but Nintendo has finally done it..delivering an adventure so grand yet utilizing the 'revolutionary' motion control to the best there ever is. While there may be some technical hiccups, this is truly the masters' showing how it's done. Delivering and maximizing the ability of a 'weaker' system such as the Wii to its fullest. Great graphics (not high def though), great music, immersive control and gameplay...The best game of 2011 and all time is here. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    One of the primary issues I had with Twilight Princess was its lack of creativity. Everything from the story to the gameplay to the bleak graphics seemed to hold the game back from perfection. Skyward Sword, on the other hand, does exactly what Twilight Princess failed to do: it introduces creative and interesting idea into nearly every aspect of the Zelda formula, making it one of theOne of the primary issues I had with Twilight Princess was its lack of creativity. Everything from the story to the gameplay to the bleak graphics seemed to hold the game back from perfection. Skyward Sword, on the other hand, does exactly what Twilight Princess failed to do: it introduces creative and interesting idea into nearly every aspect of the Zelda formula, making it one of the best Zelda games to date.

The graphics of the game feel like a mix between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and they just look amazing. The graphics are so spectacular that at times it felt as though I was looking at a moving painting.

The introduction of Wii Motion plus into the gameplay was an excellent change. The controls were always responsive and engaging, allowing for every battle to be interesting and intense. The frequent calibration was a bit annoying, but it was an easy fix so it's more of a gripe. I'm not trying to say that in all future Zelda games Wii Motion plus should be used. It just works well in this game.

One of the best aspects of this game are the improved dungeons/temples. The temple design in this game is outstanding. Each temple is more unique than the last, and some in particular are the best of any Zelda game. That goes for the bosses too, which are mostly fantastic.

The music in this game is also great. It was all fully orchestrated, and it sounds fantastic. Granted, many of the songs are less memorable (with the exception of the Ballad of the Goddess and Fi's Gratitude), however the orchestration makes everything sound better.

There is an issue with the game worth noting. The game is way too linear. The openness of the areas in the sky never seemed to have anything. There were barely any other floating islands to go to other than Skyloft and it just felt rather empty. I was hoping that the game would be more like Wind Waker where there was a huge amount of places to visit and explore. However, there just isn't much to do. The game itself is also linear in structure, with each temple being just a dive and a walk away. It's more a gripe, however it took away from the experience.
  4. May 31, 2012
    Overall a enjoyable and long game, any Nintendo, Zelda and Adventure fan will want to get this game instantly. You will not regret it, not only will the game offer a long playtime but also a enjoyable adventure, enjoyable music, enjoyable gameplay as well. Only downside is you would have to buy a Wii Motion Plus control but that should not be a problem as they are either cheap or mostOverall a enjoyable and long game, any Nintendo, Zelda and Adventure fan will want to get this game instantly. You will not regret it, not only will the game offer a long playtime but also a enjoyable adventure, enjoyable music, enjoyable gameplay as well. Only downside is you would have to buy a Wii Motion Plus control but that should not be a problem as they are either cheap or most players should already have one available at this point of the Wii's life. Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2013
    Skyward Sword has impressed me since the start. I bought the Wii Remote Plus for this game and I was not dissapointed when I finally got to play it. There are tons of positive things I could say about it, but I'll just say a few. First of all, it has beautiful graphics... and considering the limited specifications for the Wii, it's still a pretty good looking game. The motion controlsSkyward Sword has impressed me since the start. I bought the Wii Remote Plus for this game and I was not dissapointed when I finally got to play it. There are tons of positive things I could say about it, but I'll just say a few. First of all, it has beautiful graphics... and considering the limited specifications for the Wii, it's still a pretty good looking game. The motion controls worked very smoothly and added an extra sense of action to the game. The enemies and boss battles were fun and quite challenging at times. The world and dungeon designs were stellar as well. I am a big Zelda fan and this game has stood out as probably the best Zelda game ever for me. 10/10 from me. Expand
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    5 years in waiting for a console Legend of Zelda and by god, it is very satisfying to play a brand new Zelda game on the big screen. I have been playing for 18 hours since Friday so this is a good amount of time to finally do a review. Even though Skyward Sword has the Zelda name, it feels like a complete departure from the other games and I felt like I was playing a newly realized Zelda.5 years in waiting for a console Legend of Zelda and by god, it is very satisfying to play a brand new Zelda game on the big screen. I have been playing for 18 hours since Friday so this is a good amount of time to finally do a review. Even though Skyward Sword has the Zelda name, it feels like a complete departure from the other games and I felt like I was playing a newly realized Zelda. Dungeons are still here but the only difference is that the whole world map is a big fat dungeon and I think it's an interesting take on Zelda tradition. The main selling point of the game is its fully implemented motion controls and while it works really well, it's not perfect as it can get frustrating at times, especially when you're in combat, aiming a long range weapon or playing your musical instruments, all requiring motion based gameplay but you will get used to it and in time, it becomes second to nature as the controls has a tight learning curve. The layout scheme itself has also changed (for the better) as the item menu is pretty much at your firsthand disposal instead of pausing into the menu and picking the item then un-pausing, leading to a more fast paced gameplay. The story is the most cinematic I have ever seen in a Zelda game and the visual and graphical style is jaw dropping gorgeous to look at and while I should be half way to through the story, it's pacing is slower compared to the other games but its memorable characters, emotional attachments and atmosphere makes it worthwhile. In conclusion, this is the best game I have played this year alone and the best Wii game because it completely realize and utilizes what the console can do. Albeit not being perfect, the motion controls does its job easing you in the game's mechanics so well that the frustration is forgotten in seconds and the visual style makes Skyward Sword the best looking Zelda game since Windwaker and the best looking game on the Wii overall. If you have a Wii, you have to buy this game as sadly, this is might be the Wii's final swansong in its six year lifespan and by god, what a way to go. Expand
  7. Jun 11, 2014
    The fact that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword may not be as good as Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker and A Link to the Past (IMO) and yet still scores a perfect "10" from me, is a great sign of showing how amazing of a series The Legend of Zelda franchise is and Skyward Sword really does soar.

Pros: -Amazing Atmospheres and locations, probably some of the best in the

Pros:
    -Amazing Atmospheres and locations, probably some of the best in the series.
    -Nice bright and beautiful graphics. (Twilight Princess' Dark visuals were overrated anyway)
    -Cool unappreciated motion controls that give you a great feeling of using your very own sword.
    -Great story.
    -Beautiful Music.
    -Fun dungeons with creative puzzles.
    -Cool items and features.
    -Nice references and cameos of things that are from other Zelda titles.

Cons:
    -Holds your hand too much
    -Fi is more annoying than Navi in my opinion
    -Felt Linear when compared to other Zelda games
    -A lot of forgettable characters

Overall I loved Skyward Sword, you really should play this game because Nintendo poured their heart and soul into this game. I know that I listed a few cons here, but really if you try to ignore them then you will find this to be a fantastic game. Buy it now!
  8. Nov 29, 2013
    Este juego es una obra maestra
    la jugabilidad no solo es adictiva sino que supo usar muy bien el control de wii
    la historia es fenomenal,quizas sea un poco lineal pero realmente es completamente profunda
    saber como se origino todo,la trifuerza,la espada maestra,el reino de hyrule
    ESTE JUEGO ES EPICO
  9. Aug 20, 2014
    Many people out there loathe this game, i however love it. This is a game that pretty much splits into two sides, you hate it or you love it. The 3D Zelda's suffer the fact that they have to be compared to Ocarina if they manage to be good Zelda games, which i find highly unfair.

Skyward Sword has a really good story that explains the origins of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf and has probably one of the best ensemble of characters in a Zelda game. The game also has the most like-able Zelda in a Zelda game since probably Wind Waker. You ACTUALLY care if you save Zelda this time and that is a huge plus considering the series is called The Legend of ZELDA. Ghirahim is an awesome villain. His eccentric movements and attitude make him very fun to watch and when he has to fight, he can fight. Groose is actually a very good supporting character as he grows and becomes more mature as the game goes on. Fi is one of the worst sidekicks Link has had, but she is a very good character when it comes to story.

The gameplay is Motion-Control Zelda. The controls work great. It isn't perfect, but it never seemed to interrupt my experience with game. The dungeons are extremely well done and designed (The Sandship is one of the best dungeons in a Zelda game) and the bosses are awesome (Koloktos). The visuals are beautiful and the soundtrack is excellent.

The game however suffers when it comes to exploration and even though you can go wherever you want, there is nothing worth finding and the landmarks you go to are very small. The Sky is big and large, but you have to go down to land to make it worth exploring by finding certain blocks. Some of the fetch quests are very annoying and makes certain levels drag out far more then one would think. The Imprisoned really could have been shortened down to 2 fights instead of 3.

Skyward Sword is an amazing game and one that gets a lot of hate for no reason. If you have a Wii, there is no reason not to pick this up as it's worth every penny. It's shortcomings are very minute in comparison to the rest of the game and it's something you definitely should have in your library. It is one of the those games you need to play for yourself to see if you love or hate the game.
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    Skyward Sword is the best zelda ever. There's simply no other way of putting it. In fact, it's the best game I've ever played. It constantly surprises, and just when I thought it had done everything it could possibly do, it wowed me again.
    Skyward Sword does a lot of new stuff. It is definitely the most innovative, creative and risk-taking zelda yet. The best innovation is the way you control your sword: it responds directly to your wiimote's aim, as if you are wielding a real sword. This enables completely new opportunities, both with swordfights and puzzles. It's the best thing to come to zelda since the introduction of 3D. It wholly immerses you in the game, but the wiimote has many other uses. From slingshot-aiming to swimming to rolling to shield-blocking, motion-sensing is used a lot. But it never feels forced, and it rarely fails you.
    Dungeon-traversing, boss-fighting, and exploration is what you know and love, but with so many surprises and innovations. A great storyline with genuinely emotional moments and immersive character development is a first for zelda, and while it may not be as good as, say, the Last of Us, it sets a new benchmark for the series. The graphics are the best so far on wii and the music is majestic and emotional. A good plot also drives away the repetition some zelda fans may be familiar with at this stage. Sure, the dungeons have kept the structure from previous games, with a mixture of puzz,e and battle, and with a new item obtained each time, but there are plenty of surprises in between, even the odd boss battle.
    The depth of your hub world, Skloft, is also excelent. Expect lots of side quests and character interaction. It's bursting with character and personality, with so much to do. Often you'll have to revisit areas in the storyline more than once, uncovering whole new areas. The world you explore in skyward sword isn't the biggest, but it's certainly the most immersive.
    To reach the end of the plot takes roughly forty hours, but much more with side quests included. There's also a hero mode (like a hard mode) once you finish it, a feature hardcore zelda fans will love.
    Skyward Sword is awesome. It brings motion control into a hardcore game. It's full of ideas, constantly amazing you every step of the way.
  11. Mar 5, 2012
    The game that takes beyond the challenging and worn out mechanics of the saga. A pity Wii's technical limitations, but we would be speaking about a bomb explosion. Perfect in your development, ingenious, varied, entertaining and that uses the possibilities of wii in an exemplary way. The best Zelda and the Wii's best game.
  12. Jan 11, 2012
    How **** stupid do you have to be to rant about how this title is more of the same. Last time I checked Zelda games have consistently been awesome. So has Metroid and most Mario games... If it ain't broke don't fix it. Great game though the intro was a bit prolonged.
  13. Dec 3, 2011
    It's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, orIt's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, or buildings, or whatever it is you're far from become more like paint daubs which is really awesome. The scenes are amazing, and though some people are still bummed out about and/or trolling about how the characters still don't talk, this really, I feel, is better than if they were to include lame voice acting. The music is perfectly fitting for each area you're in and changes depending on what situation your in within an area - for example the Marketplace offers various versions of the same song for each different shop you approach. This game has hours upon hours of amazing gameplay and despite what others say, the controls are wonderful. The only thing I've had difficulty with was swimming, but besides that everything else works perfectly. This is the first Wii game I've played that doesn't rely solely on the sensors, but the position your Wii-mote is in - and if your aimer says it's in a different direction than it should be you can simply readjust it with a push of a button to be back where it should be (so really those who complain about the controls don't know what they're talking about/are trolls - the latter being more likely). The replayability is insanely high for this game, there is so much to do and so many areas you can explore around and it's one of those stories that, I at least, fell in love with right away. It's seriously one amazing experience. Expand
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    The Wii was built for this. The motion controls are completely unmatched by any other game, and graphically the game uses all of the Wii's graphical power. The gameplay is amazing, and it's a real change from previous Zelda's. This is the game the Zelda 25th anniversary is deserving of!
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    What's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat aWhat's wrong with all you people? Now people are just giving games zero, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo, without playing the game? I'm ashamed, particularly with a game as amazing as this. Controls are perfect, gameplay has evolved over the years and has become brilliant. The graphics may not be great but seriously, I DON'T CARE. It's still bearable for goodness sake.Would you rather eat a dish that looks amazing but tastes of paper or chocolate ice cream even if itt looks like crap. This game is the best in the series and the best on Wii. Period. So haters just go do something else instead of just **** about a game just because it gets good reviews. Expand
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is a 10/10 in my eyes it is the best game of this year, I own most of the hot games that have just came out like skyrim,cod mw3,dark souls,batman arkham city, ect ect. the storyline/plot is AMAZING the soundtrack is fantastic,the gameplay is verrry good the graphic to my opinion utilize the wii's potental power yeaa yea it is not HD and it has more of a cartoony feel but not allThis game is a 10/10 in my eyes it is the best game of this year, I own most of the hot games that have just came out like skyrim,cod mw3,dark souls,batman arkham city, ect ect. the storyline/plot is AMAZING the soundtrack is fantastic,the gameplay is verrry good the graphic to my opinion utilize the wii's potental power yeaa yea it is not HD and it has more of a cartoony feel but not all games have to be battlefield/skyrim graphics this will prob go down as one of my fav zeldas ever right there with link to the past and ocarina of time the others yeaa there oh k but this one really tops it...if you own a wii BUY IT if you do not own a wii buy a wii because there cheap now and then buy the game. the 37 people that gave this game negative comments dont listen to them there nothing they dont know what real video games are ... there also prob from ages 11-15 and there stuck on COD...play the game for yourself yea iam a zelda fan but i do love lots of other games I also was verryy displeased with twilight princes it is 20 bucks now and I still dont own it... that should explain it all. Expand
  17. Nov 26, 2011
    zelda is the best franchise ever existed alongside mario and metroid...... Nintendo are gods, sony and msoft try to compensate this with money and technology but they cant ...............this game is the living proof that nintendo are the best at gamecrafting and overall videogame desing and innovations......... haters go fawk your mother
  18. Jan 28, 2012
    Most Amazing game I've ever played. This game plays out the Zelda format perfectly, so if you liked any other Zelda game, or any game from a puzzle genre, action genre, adventure genre, fun genres, and any genre. This game has the best game play out of any game ever, the motion controls compliment this game better than any other game's controls do. This game will also take you a while toMost Amazing game I've ever played. This game plays out the Zelda format perfectly, so if you liked any other Zelda game, or any game from a puzzle genre, action genre, adventure genre, fun genres, and any genre. This game has the best game play out of any game ever, the motion controls compliment this game better than any other game's controls do. This game will also take you a while to beat. It took me 75 hours to complete it. This game is just amazing, if you hear or think its bad, its probably because they don't own a Wii. Expand
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    1. You've definitely NOT played the entire game, yet alone even scratched the surface of it.
    2. Don't insult the Art Style, because you know very well that If they wanted, they could've gone with more realistic TP graphics again. It's a choice, and a good one, in my opinion. 3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't expect the game to hand everything to you. It takes a bit of practice. If I twist my wrist, Link twists his wrist. How much more accurate can it get?

So far the game is a must-own for every Wii player, has great cutscenes, great gameplay and is essentially a great evolution for the franchise. Not a single torch puzzle.
    I'd say this game is AT LEAST as good as Ocarina of Time, if not better. I'll see once i'm done.
  20. Dec 25, 2011
    I must say, I don't think I have ever played a game this complete and this in sync with a game system. Skyward Sword delivered the greatest Zelda experience to date. The story is great and the game play is remarkable. This is the game the Nintendo Wii was designed for. This is an experience that will live forever in a gamer's heart.
  21. Jul 12, 2012
    9.5 - While some of the latter game feels unnecessary and tacked on, this is what I've been wanting in a Wii title ever since I first saw the console. The controls are fantastic with spot on swordplay. The music is incredible and varied, not to mention absolutely beautiful. The story is excellent, and the many colorful locales you visit are full of life and character. There are an9.5 - While some of the latter game feels unnecessary and tacked on, this is what I've been wanting in a Wii title ever since I first saw the console. The controls are fantastic with spot on swordplay. The music is incredible and varied, not to mention absolutely beautiful. The story is excellent, and the many colorful locales you visit are full of life and character. There are an incredible amount of things to do and see, and everything is memorable, from the characters to the world itself. It's pure Nintendo magic at it's finest. Expand
  22. Dec 7, 2011
    Easily the second best 3D Zelda. It has the most focus on puzzles throughout the entire game than any other Zelda. The Wii m otion plus is actually pretty decent, and provides an interesting combat system that we haven't seen before, and actually, one that I would really like to see again, if they could do it in a unique way. The only problem people seem to have is that trying to stabEasily the second best 3D Zelda. It has the most focus on puzzles throughout the entire game than any other Zelda. The Wii m otion plus is actually pretty decent, and provides an interesting combat system that we haven't seen before, and actually, one that I would really like to see again, if they could do it in a unique way. The only problem people seem to have is that trying to stab sometimes doesn't work very well. If you stab a little bit more slowly you can usually get it to work consistently, but that's easy to say when I'm not in the heat of combat. But other than that the slicing motions are very responsive and they do exactly what you intend them to do. It also does not have any kind of filler material to the degree some of the other Zelda games had, such as Wind Waker's long sailing distances. There are some slightly long flight distances but honestly it only takes about two minutes or so if I were to guess to fly from one side of the map to the other. So we're not talking anywhere NEAR in the range of Wind Waker's sailing distances. This Zelda game also focused on side quests more than most Zelda games, but still nowhere near the amount of side quests Majora's Mask had. I would like to see another Zelda with Majora's Mask level side quests and non-linearity. The reason I can't give this game a perfect 10 is, well, it's not perfect. The problems I have are very minor, such as the stabbing problem, Fi talking too much and spoiling some puzzles, having to recalibrate the motion plus occasionally, the long intro that the game has, etc. but I wouldn't even be comfortable giving this game a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  23. May 19, 2012
    5 years we have waited for this. Was it worth the wait? Yes and no. I've been a fan since OoT and have played every Zelda, so I will compare it to the other titles. I'll brake it down in good and bad aspects. GOOD: +In TP you were like superman, which got boring quickly. In SS it's more of a challenge. +My wallet was rarely full in SS (unlike in TP) and there were always great upgrades to5 years we have waited for this. Was it worth the wait? Yes and no. I've been a fan since OoT and have played every Zelda, so I will compare it to the other titles. I'll brake it down in good and bad aspects. GOOD: +In TP you were like superman, which got boring quickly. In SS it's more of a challenge. +My wallet was rarely full in SS (unlike in TP) and there were always great upgrades to find in treasures or to buy at the shop. It also gave the game a nice RPG element thanks to the upgrades you can do to your already awesome items and weapons. They really nailed the item system. +Another great addition is the new controls. They worked really well and added to the whole experience. BAD: -The music. If this is the first Zelda you've played, you'll like it. But god the music SUCKS compared to OoT, MM and WW. Not one great new Zelda tune here. -lack of exploration. You've got your hub, skyloft and in the sky you can explore some islands. But the vast lands under the sky feel like one big obstacle course. It's a bit like MM, except that there was much more to do in Clocktown than in Skyloft. This all comes down to the fact that in SS there aren't much sidequests and they're also easy too.
    Overall this Zelda finally improved in some aspects but still suffers in others. Still a great game but one of the worst Zelda games out there 9/10
  24. Mar 14, 2013
    This is the best example of Motion Controls to date and shows that fantastic game design can lead to solid motion controls, they are not perfect with some registering issues but this is very rare, Motion Controls are used to control your sword and shield as well as your items which include many things like a Bow, bombs, a flying beetle just to name a few, they all control very well.

The

The story is arguably one of the best to come for The Legend of Zelda series, It's very cinematic and provides an origin story for the series, the characters are great and the game will last you about 40-50 hours just playing the main story depending on how well you play, there are some great puzzles to figure out and the enemies in the game are sort of like puzzles themselves with you having to figure out how to get to there weak points.

Nintendo manages to take the Wii hardware and make a game absolutely beautiful with a watercolor painting sort of design, it is very impressive for a game not in HD. It is easily one of the best titles for Wii and a testament to the fact that motion controls can work if a game is designed properly to take advantage of them, Nintendo achieved what they set out to do with the Wii back in 2006. There is so much to say about this game that I could go on forever, but if you have a Wii or Wii U then pick this game up you will not regret it.
  25. Nov 3, 2013
    Hell, it's not perfect, but it's definitely one of the greatest games I have ever played. The motion controls may be seen as a gimmick, though they are done quite well, despite the odd mishap which may lead to a death. Explaining the origins of the Zelda franchise, Skyward Sword does quite a good job, and doesn't do the typical Zelda formula this time around. Visually it can be hit or missHell, it's not perfect, but it's definitely one of the greatest games I have ever played. The motion controls may be seen as a gimmick, though they are done quite well, despite the odd mishap which may lead to a death. Explaining the origins of the Zelda franchise, Skyward Sword does quite a good job, and doesn't do the typical Zelda formula this time around. Visually it can be hit or miss depending on your opinion in relation to cell-shading. If you can handle motion controls, Skyward Sword is a title you could really enjoy. Expand
  26. May 9, 2012
    Skyward sword has it all. Good old zelda game play, memorable characters and a interesting world to explore. Even if your new to the zelda series i would still highly reccomend this game looking for a epic lengthy adventure. Skyward sword is one of he most colorful and best looking games on wii. The game also works great with wii motion plus. This game is simply a masterpiece that shouldSkyward sword has it all. Good old zelda game play, memorable characters and a interesting world to explore. Even if your new to the zelda series i would still highly reccomend this game looking for a epic lengthy adventure. Skyward sword is one of he most colorful and best looking games on wii. The game also works great with wii motion plus. This game is simply a masterpiece that should be experienced by anyone who likes games in general. Expand
  27. Feb 18, 2012
    The waiting is finally over, Skyward Sword can now be played by anyone. The idea of mixing the graphics of Twilight princess and wind waker was awesome, and the result was just incredible. You start your adventure in Skyloft, a floating island in the middle of the sky. You receive a letter from Zelda and BAM, the game starts. Instead of epona you have a big bird called loftwing, which isThe waiting is finally over, Skyward Sword can now be played by anyone. The idea of mixing the graphics of Twilight princess and wind waker was awesome, and the result was just incredible. You start your adventure in Skyloft, a floating island in the middle of the sky. You receive a letter from Zelda and BAM, the game starts. Instead of epona you have a big bird called loftwing, which is pretty damn cool to ride on. Your relationship with zelda is higher, and from the point when she is captured you start to really care about it and get motivated to save her. The motion control works incredibly, and the boss battles are fun and epic. The cut scenes are fantastic, and the characters are memorable in different ways, or because he (or she) is a **** or because he is dumb, but starts helping you, and end up being the nicest guy in the game. The history is cool, not that much but pretty cool. If you're a zelda fan, you should buy this game. No doubts one of the best games nintendo made until now, and a major game in history of gaming. Expand
  28. Nov 26, 2011
    Best zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, goBest zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, go back to playing your non cinematic skyrim. Just because a game has voice acting, doesnt make it any better, a perfect example of this is Dragon Age , where they literally killed the saga by adding voice acting along wiht many other flaws. Some argue nintendo is living in the past, but the past is doing a hell lot better than the present and this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  29. Feb 11, 2012
    Look, I haven't even completed the game yet but I'm just going to give my review: Brilliant,amazing and excellent. Why Nintendo gave it to us so late in the Wii's lifetime nobody knows, but what a great way to say goodbye to the Wii with such a fantastic game. Sure, some aspects of the game are infuriating (Silent Realms anyone?) but they are all very minor. I will never forget theLook, I haven't even completed the game yet but I'm just going to give my review: Brilliant,amazing and excellent. Why Nintendo gave it to us so late in the Wii's lifetime nobody knows, but what a great way to say goodbye to the Wii with such a fantastic game. Sure, some aspects of the game are infuriating (Silent Realms anyone?) but they are all very minor. I will never forget the experience I have had with this game and as Fi would say, "I predict 100% chance of this being the finest Legend of Zelda game ever" Happy 25th birthday Legend of Zelda and goodbye to you Nintendo Wii. It's been a good one. Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us aI don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us a masterpiece. Haters stop hating, laggers get a better Wii because yours is broken, but don't take anything away from the game because of your **** hardware. Expand
  31. Jun 1, 2012
    Those of you giving The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword low scores have clearly had trouble playing the game. Here's the rager's patterns : Play Skyward Sword. Fail. Think "Ok, I'll try again". Fail again. Rage. Throw control at wall/door/television/family member/cat. Go on Metacritic. Type in "The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword", hands shaking in rage. Type in a common rage comment. "THISThose of you giving The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword low scores have clearly had trouble playing the game. Here's the rager's patterns : Play Skyward Sword. Fail. Think "Ok, I'll try again". Fail again. Rage. Throw control at wall/door/television/family member/cat. Go on Metacritic. Type in "The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword", hands shaking in rage. Type in a common rage comment. "THIS GAME IS AWFUL. THE CONTROLS SUCK. THEY MADE ME FALL OFF A LEDGE 40 TIMES. GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN." I mean, come on people. When you comment on lack of voice acting, it's so clear that you're commenting on something trivial becuase you couldn't think of much else. Skyward Sword is a brilliant game. The composing is amazing, the graphics are very attractive. The gameplay is hours of brilliant fun which can never get boring to me. Hell, I've not actually finished Skyward Sword. I'm at the last boss battle. (You know, the guy with the fire hair.) I failed but didn't rage. I camly put down my controler and say to myself "i'll do it another time." The fact that I've dragged out this game for months (since christmas, actually.) added to my enjoyment. It's the longest game I've ever played. And I usually finish games within 1-6 hours of getting them. So, a word to everyone - drag out the gameplay. It's really worth it. Expand
  32. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the game the Wii was built for! The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is an absolute masterpiece from beginning to end. IGN, a trusted website, doesn't hand out perfect 10's lightly. A must own. 10/10.
  33. Jan 17, 2012
    Ok first of to all the people that keep saying that "this zelda is more of the same and is worthless" well can you tell me WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? Elder scrolls VI: Zelda or what???? really people, if you buy a zelda game you already now about 50% of what the concept of the game is ,what changes would you add??? ,making it a hack n slash or removing the dungeons???? NO and beside if you doOk first of to all the people that keep saying that "this zelda is more of the same and is worthless" well can you tell me WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? Elder scrolls VI: Zelda or what???? really people, if you buy a zelda game you already now about 50% of what the concept of the game is ,what changes would you add??? ,making it a hack n slash or removing the dungeons???? NO and beside if you do that the game would be a total garbage. But anyway this zelda is one of the best of the series, the dungeon desing is amazing and the puzzles are really well made not to mention that you can repeat boss fights. The controller is great and makes the combat challenging, if you think that motion controls sucks this game is a proof that when motion gaming is done correctly the games mechanics work perfect and are enjoyable. Expand
  34. Nov 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This isn't a 10/10 unfortunately. And I can't believe people are giving this a zero and trying to justify it....0 is for games that are next to unplayable. 10 is for games that are in a league of their own, and create an experience that goes above and beyond mere satisfaction. The rant aside...

First let me state that the controls for this game are amazing. This is really what twilight princess should have been on the wii. I literally felt like I was holding a sword....I was able to move the sword and swing in whatever direction and it worked onscreen! This is an amazing accomplishment in itself, given how bad the majority of wii games fared with motion controls. It made combat and puzzles fresh and interesting.

My gripes with the game: The final boss is very very .....EASY to kill. He looks completely badass when he appears and you really get the sense that this is the final battle. What happens? He dies in two stages of fighting....now if you know anything about zelda, final bosses usually have 3 stages to them before they die. The major complaint is that he can be killed in under two minutes....you spent 40 hours waiting to kill something that took less than 2 minutes?!! He is seriously easier to beat than his sword was throughout the game. Combat just didn't end on a high note imo. Put aside the fact that it wasn't the hardest fight ingame. The major complaint here is that It was just too short a fight.

2nd gripe: the crafting system and exploration in the world. Although I thought the crafting system was cool. And I loved how your shield would break and had durability. The lack of items you can craft is quite apparent mid-late game. You can spend all this time gathering materials, but once you max things out....those materials are useless. Plus there's no real need to max out your items. Your shield your gonna want to max out, but that's basically all you need. The game isn't hard enough to require the other upgrades. You'll spend all this time upgrading and collecting materials and your end reward is just little to none. Plus after you finish upgrading the entire crafting system is just sitting there. You have all these materials and nothing to do with them. You can sell them but the extra money can't be spent on anything important. In the late game you can be going around exploring new areas that just opened up...getting tons of rupees...and having nothing to spend them on. Just they don't make the extra exploration bits in the sky worth doing. Yes they are fun at first...but they have no meaning. Also pieces of heart are not worth exploring and gathering in this game. It's easy enough that you don't need to. There is a super hard "fight all bosses without healing" mode you can unlock. and I'll admit I only got to the final stage after a few tries, I never beat it completely. But there's no real reward for completing it anyways. There's no incentive. You just do things for the sake of doing them....which is fine...but its not fun to do the same things over and over.

Those are just the negatives I have with the game. There are so many positives here that it really does deserve that 9/10. Unfortunately it doesn't top OoT or Majora's mask in my book. It's a step in the right direction though for the series. It had a decent difficulty unlike twilight princess (which had the easiest combat I've played in a long time). And it had more incentive for exploration than wind waker. But it still falls short after a certain amount of time has been invested. They need to up the difficulty back to OoT and Majora's mask quality. Majora's mask had a perfect combat difficulty for people just having finished OoT. I get that nintendo wants to appeal to more people....but its really alienating the core fans that keep buying zelda title after zelda title and each system just for zelda. I mean this may be blasphemy but maybe it's time to add different difficulty settings. A better idea is just making the combat harder, thus giving people incentive to do the extra exploration for these pieces of heart, rupees, and items. completing a zelda game used to be a accomplishment. Hell, killing a temple boss used to be a huge accomplishment in itself....now they are generally just an easy 2-5 minute segment. The puzzles are still great and all, and offer a hearty difficulty but the combat is the other half of what makes it a zelda game. And the combat is still too easy! You will die in this game, no doubt. It has its hard parts combat wise, but they are too few. If you are a zelda fan you will enjoy this game at the end of the day. Please don't be put off by my negatives, it's still a great and satisfying experience. It could be better though with some easy adjustments....and I really hope nintendo sees that.
  35. Nov 25, 2011
    A lot of skyward sword is either love or hate. I love the new graphics style as well as the new gameplay elements, however I can easily see why someone would not. The stamina bar for example, could either be seen as something that adds to movement strategy or simply another useless meter to worry about. The graphics could either be viewed as laziness or nintendo's way of creatively usingA lot of skyward sword is either love or hate. I love the new graphics style as well as the new gameplay elements, however I can easily see why someone would not. The stamina bar for example, could either be seen as something that adds to movement strategy or simply another useless meter to worry about. The graphics could either be viewed as laziness or nintendo's way of creatively using the limited power of the aging wii. Speaking of graphics, they are probably (as was with wind waker) the most criticized element of the game. However, I think they're beautiful. Just look into the sky in Faron Woods, or take a stroll through sky loft at night, the impressionist influence really pops. If the graphics style was too realistic, the whole game would lose its whimsical and colorful atmosphere, which could potentially break the game. Combat is excellent, swordplay is now longer just mashing b. Almost all the enemies (save the generic keese/chus) require a special element to defeat them. To provide an example of the depth motion plus gives to combat, remembering OoT when the skullutas just turned around for you? Now you have to horizontally slice them to get them to spin, and then thrust to hit the center. If you thrust first, they just knock into you. All in all, the best time I've had on my WIi in a long time. Expand
  36. Jun 5, 2014
    This is probably the best game you can get for the Wii. Legend of Zelda will always be great games, but being able to actually swing that sword with your arm is one of the most satisfying feelings you will have. I had exponential amounts of fun playing this game, and I know I'll play it again in Hero Mode.
  37. Dec 13, 2011
    My favorite Zelda since Link to the Past. Possibly even better because it is challenging but not frustrating. Motion Plus adds to the gameplay, and rewards thoughtful swordplay over random bashing; For instance, to kill a 3-headed snake you have to hit all the heads at once, requiring timing and angle.
  38. Oct 13, 2014
    The controls easily turn this game into a must-play. There is nothing more satisfying other than using the Wiimote as a real sword and fighting the enemies in this game. There are equipment upgrades as well as many sidequests, definitely a lot of content. Nevertheless, the story is quite bland, which is a shame for a Zelda games. Also, boss fights seem to be re-used way too much in thisThe controls easily turn this game into a must-play. There is nothing more satisfying other than using the Wiimote as a real sword and fighting the enemies in this game. There are equipment upgrades as well as many sidequests, definitely a lot of content. Nevertheless, the story is quite bland, which is a shame for a Zelda games. Also, boss fights seem to be re-used way too much in this game. Still, it's a game that has to be experienced by everyone. Expand
  39. Jul 16, 2012
    I waited to play this game due to mixed fan reviews. Eventually I was convinced, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The MotionPlus controls are a blast and not as finicky as everyone claims; in fact, they just add to the overall experience. The "backtracking" isn't as repetitive as people claim either; each area is revamped and changed with all new challenges. TheI waited to play this game due to mixed fan reviews. Eventually I was convinced, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The MotionPlus controls are a blast and not as finicky as everyone claims; in fact, they just add to the overall experience. The "backtracking" isn't as repetitive as people claim either; each area is revamped and changed with all new challenges. The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful, and the story line is simply fantastic and perfect in every right. By the end of the game I was in tears; because I had beaten my first every Skyward Sword experience, and because the touching story line was concluded expertly. Touches of humor and a nice difficulty level are also good embellishments. This is the best game I have ever played, and everyone else should have the bliss of playing it at least once. Expand
  40. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite from the Zelda-series. Why? The gameplay is freaking fantastic. I enjoyed the motion controls a lot, even though most of the time you just shake the remote pretty anticlimactically. And the story is amazing! Manly tears have been shed, especially in the ending. I totally recommend playing this game if you have a Wii, and if you're a die hard Zelda fan, andThis game is my personal favorite from the Zelda-series. Why? The gameplay is freaking fantastic. I enjoyed the motion controls a lot, even though most of the time you just shake the remote pretty anticlimactically. And the story is amazing! Manly tears have been shed, especially in the ending. I totally recommend playing this game if you have a Wii, and if you're a die hard Zelda fan, and don't have a Wii, go buy a Wii and play this masterpiece. Expand
  41. Dec 21, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skywar Sword is incredible! This is the type of videogames that I like and find specially magical. From my perspective, this new generation of consoles (the ps3 and xbox) have gone far into destroying what I remember most proudly of what videogames were about, and what I remember about them, comes back from the days of the N64. It was all about, creativeness, crazy andThe Legend of Zelda Skywar Sword is incredible! This is the type of videogames that I like and find specially magical. From my perspective, this new generation of consoles (the ps3 and xbox) have gone far into destroying what I remember most proudly of what videogames were about, and what I remember about them, comes back from the days of the N64. It was all about, creativeness, crazy and memorable characters, also crazy and memorable places, and just simply pure unadult fun! Admittably this generation has its share of good and popular games, but they lack the escence of it all, atleast that is what I feel. Nintendo is the only company keeping up with this magic and Skyward Sword shows this every second while at the same time being intutive, new and fresh. In terms of gameplay, theirs simply no game like it, the Wiis motion plus adds so much to the game in terms of combat and gameplay mechanics. They are not perfect per say, but work pretty well and definately makes it more fun than its predessesors. Its level design is pure Nintendo brilliance. Its story is surprisingly emotional and memorable, at the end, it really maked me feel much more than many other games and this one doesnt even have voice acting, its just pure text. Its grahics are beautiful and artistic. In a generation were developers focus on being more realistic with each game, Skyward Sword is a gift from heaven and definately a game I am sure I am going to remember more in terms of its looks than those others gray and black games. Its music is also spectacular with some tunes being orchestrated; Zelda has always had great music and this one is no different. So in terms of basics, this game is outstanding, no matter from what angle, but the different details it offers makes it a true masterpiece. Its easily 30-35 hour adventure and considerably more with its hidden content, making it once again stand out from the rest of the pack in a time were games last 5-10 hours(call of duty), admittably a portion of the game felt like padding ( the third trip to the forest and volcano surfaces) but as an experience it holded incredibly strong during the entire game. This game its full of great moments, and it accomplishes so much more than most other games. I really liked this game alot! Is this the best Zelda? That is debatetable, as it also changes alot of of things that we are accostumed in the series and that may be welcomed differently by each person, but wether it is the best or not (i have not concluded, as each one is so outstanding in its own way) I from the bottom of my heart can conclude that this is a masterpiece of a game, and is so much more than alot of games that come everyday. My game of the year! Expand
  42. Nov 15, 2012
    The game is very good. It has great dungeons, great boss fights, great gameplay, basically everything you expect from a good zelda game, there is just one... little... problem.... The game doesn't have enough exploring. I enjoyed how in Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, and Twilight Princess you could explore the lands of Hyrule. The game takes most of the exploration in the sky whichThe game is very good. It has great dungeons, great boss fights, great gameplay, basically everything you expect from a good zelda game, there is just one... little... problem.... The game doesn't have enough exploring. I enjoyed how in Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, and Twilight Princess you could explore the lands of Hyrule. The game takes most of the exploration in the sky which contains mostly small islands with little to do on them. I did find it fun to fly really high then dismount and dive straight down and catch my mount again. The game also involves revisiting the same areas multiple times, which isn't that bad since each area looks really nice, but it again doesn't promote enough exploring. The game overall is really good. Maybe in the top 5 for some people, but most wouldn't put it near Ocarina of Time. Expand
  43. Aug 6, 2012
    this game is amazing as Twilight Princess! The sound is freaking authentic, Gameplay looked awesome. This was an epic Zelda adventure! Its a must buy
  44. Dec 1, 2012
    Best Zelda ever and I love the beetle and story. In the word of Lord Ghirahim "This is our Thread of Fate."
    Zelda even makes repitition fun. The only con to this game is I want to sword fight on my bird. Overall outstanding motion plus title.
  45. Nov 28, 2011
    How can I start this review the best I can? Hmmm... how about that this is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life? I am not just saying that because Zelda is my all time favorite franchise. I am saying this out of confidence that this game is a true masterpiece, and trust me when I say that it is. Skyward Sword isn't just a high quality game. It's a revolution. To thinkHow can I start this review the best I can? Hmmm... how about that this is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life? I am not just saying that because Zelda is my all time favorite franchise. I am saying this out of confidence that this game is a true masterpiece, and trust me when I say that it is. Skyward Sword isn't just a high quality game. It's a revolution. To think that I would actually prefer motion controls over traditional controls. I've always been interested in the idea of motion in gaming, but still always chose traditional controls over it any day. Until now! When Skyward Sword was announced to rely heavily on 1:1 motion, it really caught my attention to think that this could be the game to show everyone what motion controls can do to improve your game. As it turns out, I was not only right about that, but my expectations were far exceeded. Everything you do in this game uses motion controls specifically in very unique ways at every turn. Skyward Sword is a game that can never be done with a regular controller. This game has officially gone from button mashing to swinging your arm, and absolutely everything in this game takes advantage of it. The puzzles, the bosses, the dungeons, everything relies on the direction you swing your sword. One of the boss battles actually requires you to swing upward in its weak spot, and if you swing from any other direction, your attack is blocked and doesn't do a thing. You'll come across enemies that will block from certain angles, but are left open to attack on the other, although it isn't as easy as swinging from that direction, because enemies will follow your movements specifically to block you. You have to try and trick your enemies into thinking you will swing from one direction, but then come at them from another. it requires great observation and strategy, and makes you victory far more satisfying. It works beautifully, I've never been so sucked into a game like this, I actually feel like Links sword is in my hand, I actually feel like the hero. The way this game uses 1:1 motion is proof that non traditional controls can really change the way we want to play games. Now that I've played this game, I actually want to play more games like it. I want more 1:1 motion games, I want to use it now more than my dualshock controller now. It has opened great opportunity to new kinds of gameplay, and Skyward Sword shows it done right. The story is the best Zelda has ever had. We finally see a romantic bond between Zelda and Link, and it strengthens the urge to find her when she goes missing. There are tons of twists that will make your head spin, and lots of great characters and moments that you will remember for ages. Although this game once again denies voice acting, it's actually an amazing cinematic experience. Character animations, in addition to the outstanding orchestrated soundtrack are stunning and great to witness. This game quite possibly has the best soundtrack a Zelda game has ever had. Right after you turn the game on, you are immediately greeted with the text narrated backstory, which plays the most epic war music you'll ever hear. The game is fully orchestrated for the first time in Zelda history, meaning the music is THAT much better. Never has Zelda music been so beautiful, and remember that we're talking about a franchise that is known for it's high quality and very memorable music. You will likely pause the game very often just because you want to listen to the music, the soundtrack is THAT good. The most debatable thing about this game, however, is the graphics. Many think that the graphics are bad quality due to not meeting todays standards of being HD, and to be honest, it doesn't matter. Because this game, in my opinion, is more beautiful than many HD games out there. Skyward Sword is a prime example that games don't need to be realistic and HD to be beautiful. It uses a fantastic and very original art style that embodies the Zelda universe perfectly, and will likely never look outdated due to its uniqueness. Do not let the absence of HD fool you, this game is actually the best looking Zelda yet. Skyward Sword has also replaced the open world with puzzle filled areas that you will revisit on numerous occasions. You won't be repeating too much, as you'll reveal secret areas that you never knew were there, creating a great sense of discovery. Although, this game has an overworld in the sky that you will be flying around using your awesome new companion. A giant bird. Epic with a capital E. And of course, on top of all this, it takes an amazing fresh approach to that awesome Zelda formula we've come to know for 25 years. It's like we always now it, but different. Zelda has shown once again why it's so critically acclaimed, and is without a doubt one of the franchises best games. Nicely done Nintendo! 10/10 Expand
  46. Mar 4, 2012
    Skyward Sword was meant for the Wii. Motion controls for this game have been perfected and the game-play is among the best in the entire series. Though the story of Skyward Sword doesn't compare to that of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, to me it held its own with the new dungeon system requiring the completion of puzzles leading up to the dungeon as well as in the dungeon itself.Skyward Sword was meant for the Wii. Motion controls for this game have been perfected and the game-play is among the best in the entire series. Though the story of Skyward Sword doesn't compare to that of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, to me it held its own with the new dungeon system requiring the completion of puzzles leading up to the dungeon as well as in the dungeon itself. I also really enjoyed the ability to collect resources to upgrade weapons and equipment. I would highly recommend this game to anyone wanting a good game for the Wii and definitely to fans of the Legend of Zelda series. Expand
  47. May 8, 2012
    All the Zelda magic but with a fantastic new control system. It's hard to imagine a better implementation of the Wii motion controller. I've played every Zelda game since Link to the Past and this is a another superb entry to the series. A tighter, less open game structure than Twilight Princess is the only downside. Still one of the best games in existence.
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono. Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  49. Nov 20, 2011
    excellent game, the best on the wii, and the best of this generation, GOTY.If you expected this game to have guns, blood, sexuality, or anything like that you are ignorant beyond any reasonable belief.As for the controls, after 5 hours theyÃ
  50. Jan 5, 2012
    This game is great, and in my mind re-legitimatizes the Wii. The main thing I was happy with in this game was the controls, they are wonderful! The story great, and predictable of course, and winding your way through settings is super fun. This game can get frustrating, but no matter what your having fun.
  51. Nov 20, 2011
    Conclusion: THE BEST GAME ON WII. The Legend Zelda: Skyward Sword mix RPG system with the fabulous classical system of Zelda. This game is a masterpiece.
  52. Dec 13, 2011
    I had my doubts about this game, seeing as how disappointing the last few Zeldas were (especially Spirit Tracks). But this game... wow... simply amazing. The visuals look great but the Wii's hardware limitations are all too apparent here. This game would have looked so much nicer on an actual HD console. The music is aural bliss and probably some of the best in the series. The story isI had my doubts about this game, seeing as how disappointing the last few Zeldas were (especially Spirit Tracks). But this game... wow... simply amazing. The visuals look great but the Wii's hardware limitations are all too apparent here. This game would have looked so much nicer on an actual HD console. The music is aural bliss and probably some of the best in the series. The story is very good and the dungeons/puzzles are some of the best in the series. Motion+ controls work well for combat and really add a new layer to battles, but for everything else, Motion+ is only put to novel use and bares a number of nuisances (constantly needing to re-center, inability to differentiate movement speeds, inaccurate movement detection). Also, the game treats the player as inept. The first few hours of hand-holding become unbearable and the constantly repeating and unskippable text will test you nerves. There are a number of problems with this game, which do add up to a significant amount, but even with that said I truly enjoyed the game and am rejuvenated on the series. Not only is this one of the best Zeldas ever, but it's also one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  53. Jan 28, 2012
    Just play it and see how much fun and rewarding this masterpiece is! The story is quite awesome though not able to top some other games yet the music here is just amazing! The graphics are cell shaded which does not require much hardware yet the graphics are so well done, it may have pushed the wii almost to its limits. The gameplay overall is just amazing with the wonderful and adjustableJust play it and see how much fun and rewarding this masterpiece is! The story is quite awesome though not able to top some other games yet the music here is just amazing! The graphics are cell shaded which does not require much hardware yet the graphics are so well done, it may have pushed the wii almost to its limits. The gameplay overall is just amazing with the wonderful and adjustable controls and the level designs as well as boss fights were just awesome as well. A definite game of the year title and a wonderful game to add to anyone's collection! Expand
  54. Feb 26, 2013
    La verdad que es un juego que realmente me enamoro. Su arte, su historia TODO. En este zelda se notan las expresiones de los rostros cuando sienten alguna emoción, las gráficas para ser de Wii, son bastante bellas, su jugabilidad es perfecta capaz que con algún que otro fallo pero sigue siendo perfecta, la historia emociona los personajes son de lo mejor el arte que tiene es hermosoLa verdad que es un juego que realmente me enamoro. Su arte, su historia TODO. En este zelda se notan las expresiones de los rostros cuando sienten alguna emoción, las gráficas para ser de Wii, son bastante bellas, su jugabilidad es perfecta capaz que con algún que otro fallo pero sigue siendo perfecta, la historia emociona los personajes son de lo mejor el arte que tiene es hermoso como dije un juego que me enamoro. Capaz que no tiene un mundo abierto como en ocarina of time ni te podes sentir libre por ahí pero la verdad que sigue siendo perfecto. En fin The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, es una obra de arte sin dudas y para aquellos que posean una Wii y no tengan este increíble juego les pregunto ¿Que esperan para comprarlo Expand
  55. Aug 4, 2012
    Absolutely brilliant. Played the Oot all the way through and this other entry in the zelda series plays great. The dialouge between characters is hilarious, the gameplay is smooth, solid and extremely enjoyable. Well worth a play
  56. Sep 19, 2013
    well I did not like Twilight Princess I really like the hybrid between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess's graphics it looks like a water colors and just adds a whole lot of life to game the gameplay is just as good the controls are pitch perfect I never have ran into a problem with this game the story is mind blowing and just amazing the characters have matured so much I wonder what willwell I did not like Twilight Princess I really like the hybrid between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess's graphics it looks like a water colors and just adds a whole lot of life to game the gameplay is just as good the controls are pitch perfect I never have ran into a problem with this game the story is mind blowing and just amazing the characters have matured so much I wonder what will Zelda look like in the next generation Wii U the Music is perfect no complaints at all the game is just perfect I beat it 23 times and haven't gotten bored this is just pure Nintendo magic 10/10 from me no regrets Expand
  57. Nov 29, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in the Zelda series, if you`ve swung a sword or shot a bow in real life your skills will be applied here. The gameplay in general is also the best of the series, far surpassing Ocarina of Time and stepping all over Twilight Princess, with the best overworld, dungeons, and bosses ever. Simply amazing, the definition of a must-play. Expand
  58. Mar 6, 2012
    The story is articulated and is full of characters. The graphics is one of the best i've ever seen on the wii. The new gameplay is a revolution for the saga and the orchestral songs are really beatiful. This is a masterpiece of the history of gaming.
  59. Nov 16, 2012
    Marvelous. It's motion control actually works as if the Wii was only made for this game. There's certainly Nintendo-magic in here. The game-play is clever and tricky, but exciting with a story that keeps you alive. The rewards are extremely satisfying, which motivates you to move on till the game ends. The game might feel like a chore, but that feeling can be covered up by doing missionsMarvelous. It's motion control actually works as if the Wii was only made for this game. There's certainly Nintendo-magic in here. The game-play is clever and tricky, but exciting with a story that keeps you alive. The rewards are extremely satisfying, which motivates you to move on till the game ends. The game might feel like a chore, but that feeling can be covered up by doing missions at the hub, which are usually short and fun. I crown this game a big 'must-have'. Expand
  60. Nov 28, 2011
    My second favourite zelda game. TP and OOT are joint top. This game has fun gameplay, recalibration is not irritating as people say. The cinematic direction is better than any other zelda game although I prefer TP's art style. The first area and dungeon are boring. Why then do I give this a 10 not a 9? Because although haters gonna hate, Lovers gonna love. Hehehe.
  61. Nov 4, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is, put simply, a masterpiece. It succeeds on all levels of game design. The overworlds are amazing, the dungeons incredible, and the music breathtaking. This game has excellent graphics and the controls work brilliantly. Easily the best game on the Wii, if not the greatest game this century. (So far)
  62. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is great but not perfect, there's a little backtracking but the beautiful gmeplay and story usually makes up for it. A sold A- nintendo, thanks again
  63. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome gameplay, the only blemish is the lack of voice acting, but its one of the best in the series so far!
    I wonder why some sites complain about it being similar to other zelda games and give a higher score to MW3 LOL such biased losers
  64. Nov 20, 2011
    THIS is the game I've been waiting for, the reason that I and probably lots of people got the Wii in the first place, not only this is an excelent addition to the Zelda series, it's also a huge step forward for motion control, finaly Nintendo was capable to show how much better the experience can be with motion control if they're implementedthe correct game, got a Wii? Get this game! YouTHIS is the game I've been waiting for, the reason that I and probably lots of people got the Wii in the first place, not only this is an excelent addition to the Zelda series, it's also a huge step forward for motion control, finaly Nintendo was capable to show how much better the experience can be with motion control if they're implementedthe correct game, got a Wii? Get this game! You own it to yourself Expand
  65. Nov 5, 2012
    Innovation is once again brought to the series of legend, Skyward Sword shows what Zelda is really about with an exciting new control scheme, beautiful art style, and engrossing gameplay. A faulty moments here and there is greatly overshadowed by the game's strengths. This is a must have for any Wii owner. 9/10
  66. Sep 11, 2013
    The story is amazing. The gameplay is better than ever. I can't imagine me playing another legend of zelda game without motion controls. The feeling of actually controlling the swords and your attacks is amazing. I recommended this game to all my friends, and I recommend it to whoever is reading my review. Ignore the Negative reviews, they are on the Ocarina of Time band wagon.
  67. Jun 19, 2014
    Great game. It took me two playthroughs but I warmed up to it. I found the sidequests and overworlds underwhelming, and all the backtracking that's involved gets a little annoying. Other than that it's a solid edition to the zelda franchise
  68. Nov 20, 2011
    I definitely think this game is worth the praise it's been receiving, it may not be better than Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, but it's definitely next in line of my favorite Zelda title of all time.
  69. Dec 7, 2011
    Okay, so it's not the best Zelda game. But with it's Motion Controls and restructured Zelda formula, it's worth a try for any gamer at all. It may lack in areas that shined in past Zelda games, but the game has obviously taken big steps for the series.
  70. Sep 2, 2013
    This is just one of the best games I have played in my life, the dungeons are amazing and bosses are epic, the story is also pretty good, the characters were great, especially Ghirahim, he was my favorite character of any zelda game, this game is really a must buy
  71. Dec 12, 2013
    Overall Skyward Sword was a unique entry in the frachise, and a pretty good one at that. It was more daring than Twilight Princess as it tried to do it's own thing rather than lift itself up on a pedestal by being a proclaimed successor to Ocarina of Time. And it showed.

Dungeon design was very original, continents felt new even in the stereotypical locations such as a wood, a desert, and a lava-infested volcano crater. A problem however was how those were basically the three only locations in the game. As a whole the game is structured around the city of Skyloft, a city in the skies being the hub world where practically all civil NPCs live. You get a bird to traverse the skies and you can freely fly around with it and locate small floating islands with puzzles, chests or other NPC areas, but most importantly it serves as the proper hub for entering the actual land-areas of Hyrule, which feel more like dungeons now rather than being actual open worlds. But that's one of the thing to make Skyward Sword feel fresh rather than unoriginal.

The story however felt pretty shallow this time around. It's more anime-style than ever before. There are still archetypic heroes and villains but they do have more characterization this time around. Unfortunately they're just not incredibly charming. I found Link's relationship with Zelda to be too lovey-dovey, Twilight-esque and fluffy-bunny rather than being compelling or just likable in general. That pretty severely hurt my impression of the story considering that a good third of it consists of Link trying to find Zelda who's been taken away.

It does have some rather interesting twists and turns along the way though, and its presentation is without a hint of doubt the best the series has seen yet. That includes the soundtrack which is fully orchestrated and is generally very good and feels like a proper Zelda OST. I don't like the main theme though as Zelda's Lullaby in reverse sounds very bland but I understand that it was meant as a deliberate throwback, considering this game tries to establish its story as being the first in the fan-famous Zelda timeline, AKA it's a predecessor to the event's Ocarina of Time for the N64.

Motion controls worked spot-on for me. It has left fans divided and understandably Nintendo has stated Zelda for Wii U might go back to more traditional controls. I'm okay with that because while motion controls in themselves worked well and fluid it felt gimmicky, only because the enemes you're supposed to hit with your swings move around their parries like robots so it's very obvious where you not supposed to strike, and from which angle you should strike, and as a result it just feels unorganic and borderline handholding.

Speaking of that, Fi the new companion in Skyward Sword unfortunately hinders much of experienced players' enjoyment and most of her commentary is mandatory. This would be acceptable if she gave you useful hints, but most of the time she states the obvious. Imagine you open a door, get inside a cave, then Fi warps in front of you and says "looks like we're inside a cave. There might be something we can do in here". I'm not even kidding, it's that redundant.

Before I get ahead of myself I should also note that the graphics are pretty decent, but I think they carry just as much good as they carry bad aspects of the game with them. For one, the artstyle itself looks rather bland. You may find that Link looks mighty similair to his Twilight Princess counterpart in stature and even his facial proportions look similar, but on top of this everything has a bright cartoony and colorful tint to it. What you get in the end looks like a mix of Wind Waker's Celshaded style with Twilight Princess's edgy, gritty and detailed artstyle. It comes off as half-baked and just looks rather un-charming to me. Especially the town NPCs look unoriginal and it's just a bit of a mixed bag to be honest. To make things better however everything in the distance has a blur effect that makes it look like a real watercolor painting. It looks impressive both technically and artistically. But like I said overall the graphics are a 50/50. Good and bad at the same time. Here's hoping the next game does something more daring.

But all in all, I think it's a very good game with some flaws, but hopefully Nintendo recognizes this since there's a rather large consensus for what's good and what isn't in this game looking at online discussions from fans. I give The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword a solid 9/10

If you still have a Wii, go look for this game. It's a joy to play.
  72. Nov 20, 2011
    An absolutely essential purchase for anyone who owns a Wii, and even those who don't own a Wii should play it at least once. I honestly can't believe how much has improved since Twilight Princess, it makes me wonder what the hell Nintendo were thinking not doing this sooner.

Absolutely fantastic, the swordplay, item control and 95% of the motion controls are spot on. Not a dull moment in sight.

My few complaints: -pointer controls should have been joint motion+ and sensor controled (if that's even possible) because recentering breaks the immersion. -Skyloft is seperate from the rest of the sky (you must go through a 3 second cutscene when entering or leaving) and this seems disjointed.

-Floating islands rarely hold the same appeal as Wind wakers islands.

These things asside, it's been a long time since a game had such a hold on me. I don't stop playing because I'm bored, I stop playing because I want this game to last, such is the joy at every turn.

And make no mistake, Hero mode WILL kill you.
  73. Feb 13, 2012
    By no means this is the best Zelda game ever, for me Majoras Mask, TP and Wind Waker were far better . I believe that Skyward Sword was made so that they could show the limits of the wii motion plus controller. I played 30 hours of it and i could have never imagined that you could use the controller in so many different ways. I would say however that this is good but bad as well, it getsBy no means this is the best Zelda game ever, for me Majoras Mask, TP and Wind Waker were far better . I believe that Skyward Sword was made so that they could show the limits of the wii motion plus controller. I played 30 hours of it and i could have never imagined that you could use the controller in so many different ways. I would say however that this is good but bad as well, it gets too tiresome in sometimes but nothing that you couldnt bear it. Well, the story is fairly good, i very much appreciate it and enjoyed and made me remember how fantastically a story of a game can be. The sound is good, but zelda standards in this category is too high, so in general was good but you wish it could have been slightly better. the graphics were okay, nothing special but nothing bizarre. Im a huge fan of the zelda franchise so despicte some flaws in this game I really enjoyed overall, my final score would be an 8.5 Expand
  74. Mar 28, 2012
    it has best gameplay controls and its the best game ever. super mario galaxy 2 can not compare. better than ocarina of time. I WOULD recomend this game. a masterpiece
  75. Sep 18, 2013
    The motion controls work, the story is good, and the dungeons are good. The sky could have had more things to do in it, and some of the islands should have been in Skyloft (The pumpkin area and the Bamboo cutting mini game) and Fi could have been less annoying. She also could have had more personality.
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    All of you absolute morons rating this a 0 need to stop being jealous that your PS3 and 360's cannot play this masterpiece. You're a cancer to gaming and I hope you all rot with your generic first-person shooters that you defend to the death, and yet bash real innovation like this game with its FLAWLESS controls, design, orchestrated music and 50-100 hours of gameplay. Long live Zelda andAll of you absolute morons rating this a 0 need to stop being jealous that your PS3 and 360's cannot play this masterpiece. You're a cancer to gaming and I hope you all rot with your generic first-person shooters that you defend to the death, and yet bash real innovation like this game with its FLAWLESS controls, design, orchestrated music and 50-100 hours of gameplay. Long live Zelda and this game will sell MILLIONS thank god. Expand
  77. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the Wii game people have been dreaming about ever since the console was announced. The use of motion control is intuitive and interesting, and makes this one of the most unique and legitimately groundbreaking (if not, THE most) Game of the Year candidate of 2011. It's another wonderful entry in a legendary franchise with some actual challenge on the table as well.
  78. May 23, 2012
    so many things were changed, and upgraded in this game, i love the story, BUT. why it didn't get a perfect score, the controls are a pain sometimes. now not complaining i love the challenge of actually controlling a sword to kill your foes. unfortunately its very upsetting sometimes when it doesn't do what you wanted it to do
  79. Nov 20, 2011
    Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. Every enemy isnt,Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. Every enemy isnt, WHO CAN HIT EACHOTHER FASTER or somethign like that. It is now, SEE IF YOU CAN LOCATE THE WEAKNESS IN MY STRATEGY AND THEN ATTACK THERE! Trust me it IS amazing. Expand
  80. Nov 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image
    Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by this game, as even Zelda pros have to learn how to defeat foes they've defeated easily in the past. As for voice acting, it wouldn't be fitting to have voice acting. Imagine, after 25 years and for the anniversary, you finally add voice acting. I personally would hate that because I'd hate to hear a voice for Link or Zelda etc. If you have a Wii, you owe it to yourself to get this game. It's like Ocarina of Time for the modern day world. Long time Zelda fans will even get a few references to past games, something I enjoyed a lot.The only disappointment is that such a fantastic game came at the end of the Wii's life.
  81. Nov 20, 2011
    I love how jealous these negative reviews are. Just because the game is better than your copy/paste MW3 or BF3, does not give you the right to nerd-rage and give Skyward Sword a 0. None of these negative reviews have given me any good, solid reason as to why they gave it that score, proving to me that they're just angry Sony/Microsoft fanboys. Don't listen to the negativity. Now onto theI love how jealous these negative reviews are. Just because the game is better than your copy/paste MW3 or BF3, does not give you the right to nerd-rage and give Skyward Sword a 0. None of these negative reviews have given me any good, solid reason as to why they gave it that score, proving to me that they're just angry Sony/Microsoft fanboys. Don't listen to the negativity. Now onto the review: I've played about 60% of the game and I think that I should judge it. First of all the graphics: not an important factor, I know, but the graphics are breathtaking. The overall world is beautiful and it's as if you're looking at masterpiece painting. Truly a work of art and it shows that Nintendo can create beauty even without HD graphics. 10/10 Gameplay: Amazing! Each dungeon will have something new to offer and even before each dungeon you have to A LOT of different things in order to even enter it. The boss battles are fresh, fun, and challenging and each temple requires you to think for a good amount of time before you act. Flying on the Crimson Loftwing is also engaging since it is something different. While it is simlar to Wind Waker's Boat sailing, I do find flying much more enjoyable because I feel you interact with it a lot more, making it less tedious. The game also allows you to dash which is great if you want to get to one point as fast you can. My only problem is that a shield breaks when it loses its shield meter. This is not a huge deal as it takes a while for it to break, and you can always buy another one. It also introduces a new challenge to the game. 9.8/10 Story: Great. The story is about Link trying to find Zelda and trying to forge the master sword, and all these events lead up to the events in Ocarina of Time. It may sound cliched, but when you actually play the game, you will find the story very engaging. You can read more of the story at http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda14-skyward-sword-story.php 9.5/10 Controls: Perfect. The Wii Motion Plus responds to you every movement. It is so satisfying having to swing the sword in one direction and making Link swing it the same direction. It truly leaves the player proud when he or she has defeated and enemy since it's like they're holding the sword themselves. Holding the shield is also very engrossing since you have to flick the nunchuk upwards in order to activate it. Flick it forward to activate the shield bash, similar to the shield attack in Twilight Princess. It's perfect and it is exactly what I wanted the Wii to do in the first place. My only problem is the flying. You have to turn the Wii remote in a certain direction to steer the bird, and this can get a tad bit frustrating sometimes since the controller does not fully respond to this at times. Not a big deal, though. For 98% of the time, the controls are very responsive and very well done. 9.8/10

Music and sounds: Splendid. Every track in this game is beautifully done by a symphony orchestra. Music is always a strong point in Zelda, but I feel that in SS, Nintendo has really outdone itself. Marvelous orchestrated music adds to the suspense and as to the feel of the game, and it really is one of the many assets of the game. The sound effects are also great, such as the "clank" when you hit another enemy's sword with your own. Or when you slice another enemy. Nintendo has truly done a wonderful job in this aspect. 10/10

Overall, Skyward Sword is a fantastic game. From it's graphics, music, and gameplay, the game really shows what Nintendo is truly capable of. It seems as if Nintendo took their time to make this game, and all their hard work was well worth it. This game is the best Wii game, no scratch that, the best game I have picked up. It is a true masterpiece and, in my opinion, ties with Skyrim for Game of the Year. I give this game an overall score of 9.8/10
  82. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is the game of the year 6 years in the making. Everything The Legend of Zelda has stood for is all put together in this game making it the ultimate Zelda experiance ever. The dungeons, bosses, characters, and RPG elements are the best the zelda series has had. Every temple was refreshing and unique and the bosses were all very random and surprising! The wii motion plus made theThis game is the game of the year 6 years in the making. Everything The Legend of Zelda has stood for is all put together in this game making it the ultimate Zelda experiance ever. The dungeons, bosses, characters, and RPG elements are the best the zelda series has had. Every temple was refreshing and unique and the bosses were all very random and surprising! The wii motion plus made the game feel less like a grind during combat and made every fight feel special. Anyone complaining that it was not exact or was hard to use was doing it wrong i swear. This is the best game i have ever played in my life and ive never given a perfect ten to a game in all my life but this game easily decieves it if not even more. I have been a hardcore gamer for the passed 14 years and Ive never had a more enjoyable gaming experiance. I hope this helped in anyones desision to ignore the negative reviews and buy this amazing game! Expand
  83. Oct 29, 2012
    Easily the best Zelda since Majora's Mask and the biggest leap forward in modern gaming since Ocarina of Time. The controls are flawless, the combat is fluent, the puzzle-solving is top-notch, and the music is easily the best in the franchise. Any Wii owner would be a fool to miss out on this work of art. Truly a masterpiece.
  84. May 5, 2012
    The best game of 2011 and the only title thats on par with OoT. If you were disappointed with Twilight Princess. I can almost assure you that you will have a better time with this. The main problem with this game, however, its the stamina meter, which you will have to just get used. The best part of the storyline, once you finish the game, you'll understand why things happened the way theyThe best game of 2011 and the only title thats on par with OoT. If you were disappointed with Twilight Princess. I can almost assure you that you will have a better time with this. The main problem with this game, however, its the stamina meter, which you will have to just get used. The best part of the storyline, once you finish the game, you'll understand why things happened the way they did in the previous games. (This is the first game in the LoZ timeline) Go pick up this game right now!!! Expand
  85. May 11, 2013
    I don't know why this game has been receiving such low user reviews. I believe the people who gave it a low score didn't give it much of a chance in the get go, it was doomed to fail in their eyes to begin with.
    First, let me address the issues of the controls. Don't let those other reviews fool you, the controls work phenomenally. I admit that at first, I was having trouble with the controls, until I realized the fault was on me and not on the controls. It takes getting used to, but once your mind becomes more familiar with the motion sensor and the fluidity of the game, Link will be come as precise as a Sushi Chef.
    This game is truly fit to be a Zelda game. The impressionist art style is beautiful, and the story is very compelling. It truly blends the series together and allows you to see each game in the series in a new light.
    I was a bit skeptical about the stamina system at first, but now I can't imagine this game without it. It's perfectly implemented and I dare even say innovative to the series. The mini-games are fun and creative and the Boss battles are a hell lotta fun. There's an upgrade system to your weapons, and there's even a hard mode once you beat the game.
    The only problem I have with this game, is the limited item space. I dislike the idea, that I have to take up two slots of the item pouch, in order to have all heart containers at a given time. However, it's a small problem, and this game still receives a perfect score from me.
  86. Jul 2, 2013
    This game just kicks ass. It has got everything a new Zelda requires and more. Just do yourself the favour and play it. I had to get the wii-motion plus especially to play this and I don't regret the money spent. Skyward sword is one of the best games, I ever played, even though it naturally doesn't reach the full magic of Ocarina of Time. It certainly can stand for itslef
  87. Oct 19, 2013
    Control of the game unusual, but intuitive. Music smart, she impregnated with the spirit of adventure. Gameplay innovations suffered (Hook for example) and played well. Of course the game is not without drawbacks, management sometimes fails, and can not get bored. Besides displaying bad characters.
  88. Dec 6, 2013
    Amazing. This game takes advantage of all of the Wii's capabilities, and is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played (a word that I seldom use for games). Surprised it made me feel this mushy, but the characters are actually well made this time around! Gameplay and puzzles are perfection too. Before playing this game, I said that nothing could ever beat Twilight Princess, but nowAmazing. This game takes advantage of all of the Wii's capabilities, and is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played (a word that I seldom use for games). Surprised it made me feel this mushy, but the characters are actually well made this time around! Gameplay and puzzles are perfection too. Before playing this game, I said that nothing could ever beat Twilight Princess, but now I'm in doubt. Hope the Wii U gets a Zelda game half this good. Expand
  89. Mar 3, 2014
    arguably the greatest Zelda game. It has some uniqueness against the other Zelda's which makes for some promising gameplay. You get a giant bird which you fly on which is insanely fun, and you have motion controls which your Wii remote works as your sword perfectly, I mean if you make a circle with your Wii remote Link's sword will do the same and so combat actually feels realistic. Thearguably the greatest Zelda game. It has some uniqueness against the other Zelda's which makes for some promising gameplay. You get a giant bird which you fly on which is insanely fun, and you have motion controls which your Wii remote works as your sword perfectly, I mean if you make a circle with your Wii remote Link's sword will do the same and so combat actually feels realistic. The game is insanely long, it took me more than 60 hours to beat, making this the longest Zelda game. All around Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a very fun must buy. Expand
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    this is one of the most creative and beatiful games off all time with some of the most unique graphics to date, this game has the best motion controls of all the games this gen, a 50 to 100 or more hours of adventure with a amazing story, lots of side quests, and great cut scenes this is a long game worth your time and money, this is best game ever
  91. Dec 23, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Zelda series, check this out for the wii motion plus control system, adds an entire new element to the combat system. If you're not a fan of the Zelda series, what rock have you been hiding under, buy a wii, buy this game, save Zelda, be a hero. I've read a couple of bad reviews saying motion lag, and that the controls don't work properly (e.g. you can't controlIf you're a fan of the Zelda series, check this out for the wii motion plus control system, adds an entire new element to the combat system. If you're not a fan of the Zelda series, what rock have you been hiding under, buy a wii, buy this game, save Zelda, be a hero. I've read a couple of bad reviews saying motion lag, and that the controls don't work properly (e.g. you can't control which direction you swing the sword from), personally I have no idea what they're talking about, I can only assume they have the wii sensor bar buried underneath a mountain of junk, or that they don't know their left from their right, if you can't control THIS game, it's not the game, you as a gamer just have very bad coordination reminiscent of 12 year olds that tantrum when people won't let them win whilst playing HALO online....
    Overall, this is a fantastic game, typical of Nintendo, graphics are polished, although my one criticism is that of the console, this game would've looked fantastic in 1080p, but oh well. Musical score is fantastic. Controls are brilliant. The puzzles have been well thought out and really challenge you even if you're used to Zelda style puzzles. The major thing that blew me away however, was the story, I found myself wanting to save Zelda, wanting to help people, wanting to find out the dark past of the land. Buy it, you will not be disappointed.
  92. Nov 30, 2011
    Good game not better than ocarina of time. People who say the controls dont work are dumb **** The only time when the controls get bad is when you switch items. the graphics in the game are alright gameplay feels a little different from past games. The only complaint I have with the game is that its too easy.
  93. Nov 20, 2011
    I was never really big fan of Zelda series, but this one is epic. It's really different from other games of Zelda series. Controls are working greatly, graphics are nice but why should I care about graphics - they don't make gameply better. Game is decently chalanging which is welcomed though bosses are easy (at least four bosses I fought). I really like all those sky boxes, upgrades andI was never really big fan of Zelda series, but this one is epic. It's really different from other games of Zelda series. Controls are working greatly, graphics are nice but why should I care about graphics - they don't make gameply better. Game is decently chalanging which is welcomed though bosses are easy (at least four bosses I fought). I really like all those sky boxes, upgrades and other secret stuff. Game hasn't much side quests, but that small about it has is great. Story is 100 percent better than in any other Nintendo game.
    Downsides: In Earth temple it's sometimes horribly hard to proceed (hard to figure out way)
    For most of guys who rated with 0 as soon as this game was relaesed - play at least one hour from the damned game before rating.
  94. Nov 23, 2011
    Great 1:1 motion controls, a fantastic story, great gameplay and puzzles, the overall difficulty, and the Boss battles are fantastic. I would reccomend to anyone, this is worth buying a wii for.
  95. Jun 17, 2012
    A truly gorgeous game with an engaging story, masterful controls and epic soundtrack. This is an adventure you don't want to come to an end. The only glaring flaw is see in this game is that the tutorial is way too long and a little off putting, but after that its an epic journey until the end.
  96. Jan 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game I've ever completed and the longest at that too. Heck you don't even complete the game after you beat the final boss and finish the story so I'm yet to continue on.

The gameplay is decent, nothing amazing, but you'll notice from the start that SS is a game that uses the Wiimote to the best of it's ability.

Anyone who hasn't played or completed this game is missing out.
  97. Nov 18, 2012
    All I can realy say is it's amazing. The Game is just brilliant in Story wise and Music Wise but the motion controls could of been better as you always had to calabrate the remote. Verdict: An Amazing game for Nintendo and Zelda fans as the Story is great but if you don't like motion controls this game is not for you. A must have game in your collection.The graphics are the best the wiiAll I can realy say is it's amazing. The Game is just brilliant in Story wise and Music Wise but the motion controls could of been better as you always had to calabrate the remote. Verdict: An Amazing game for Nintendo and Zelda fans as the Story is great but if you don't like motion controls this game is not for you. A must have game in your collection.The graphics are the best the wii can handle and the art style is amazing.
    Presentation:10/10 Gameplay:9/10 Sound:10/10 Graphics:10/10 Replay Value:10/10 Overall:9/10
  98. LHy
    Sep 28, 2013
    Epic, fun, entertaining, challenging, this game is the complete package, you will get your money's worth. The soundtrack takes you back to old Zelda, its a real nice feeling.
  99. Oct 28, 2014
    Don't listen to bad reviews, they're just pissed because of the motion controls and more linear structure, but that doesn't make this game any less a Zelda game. The motion controls work great, and the story, while not the strongest in the series, it's quite good. Same with the music, it's great.

Going into the stuff this game does right, there are the dungeons; this game has easily the strongest set of dungeons in the series and the bosses are as good as Ocarina's and Twilight's. It also has the best characters and character development, with a Zelda that you actually care about. The game is colorful and it's one of the best looking games on the Wii. One worry I had was that it would overuse the motion controls like most Wii games, thankfully it doesn't.

Now, for what the game did wrong, it feels kind of linear because you go back to the first three areas twice, the difference each time you go back is that you explore new regions. People use this as an excuse to say that it's linear, but it's just an illusion. The other major thing I have issues with is Fi, she is by far worse than Navi. This are all just little complaints that don't really affect much the experience.

This is a must play if you have a Wii, and remember, don't listen to the bad reviews.
  100. May 1, 2012
    Skyward Sword deserves to be thought of just as highly as Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, two of my favorite games for their respective systems. There's no question that Skyward Sword will be one of the top games in the Wii's lifetime. The change in controls gives new perspective on how gamers can play a Zelda game, let alone an adventure game, and makes it more than just another iterationSkyward Sword deserves to be thought of just as highly as Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, two of my favorite games for their respective systems. There's no question that Skyward Sword will be one of the top games in the Wii's lifetime. The change in controls gives new perspective on how gamers can play a Zelda game, let alone an adventure game, and makes it more than just another iteration of what I consider to be one of Nintendo's top-tier series. The new setting is full of winks and nods to the games that preceded it and an avid Zelda fan like myself can't help but light up when a reference is noticed. I've played a lot of great games this year, but no other game has made me feel so good about enjoying my time with it. Skyward Sword is engaging, accessible and highly capable of being considered a classic by many in this gaming generation. Expand
  101. Nov 21, 2011
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.