8.1

1. Nov 22, 2011
    First and foremost, you can discount any the individuals who scored this game a ZERO, few games (if any) deserve such a non-score. Now lets get onto the people who have actually played the game and as such are fairly marking what so far they have encountered...

I'm roughly 10 hours in and thus far can find nothing in which to fault. Stunning vistas, bold characters, innovative and faultless motion controls AND a beautiful orchestral score. In the last couple of month I have purchased Arkham City and Uncharted 3, both are good BUT both leave me feeling cold, Skyward Sword is another of those Nintendo games which is polished to perfection and given the added ingredient other "rival" developers cant ever replicate...that magic.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for whatThis game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for what I think should have been included, or for hardware limitations.

If you read other reviews you will see complaints of this game being too long, or having too much dialogue. I wasn't at the meeting where getting hours of play-through time for your money was a bad thing, but it was probably where MW3 was conceptualized. If this game can't hold the attention of your 8 year old, I feel really and truly bad for you. I played Ocarina of Time when I was 8 and it gave me hours of entertainment, and never once did I become bored simply because of the need to read, or the time it took to complete.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    Best game of "The Legend of Zelda" saga.
    This is the game the Wii was built for! All gameplay, that we suffer in other Wii games, where designed for Zelda...
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    This game definitely is one of the better Zelda games I've played.. but not the best, not by a long shot. The graphics are alright, yes they are very artistic looking, but that doesn't hide the fact that pixels are made very obvious. But hey, I can forgive graphics and graphics don't make a game (although personally TP has better graphics IMO..). The gameplay itself is as good as ever, butThis game definitely is one of the better Zelda games I've played.. but not the best, not by a long shot. The graphics are alright, yes they are very artistic looking, but that doesn't hide the fact that pixels are made very obvious. But hey, I can forgive graphics and graphics don't make a game (although personally TP has better graphics IMO..). The gameplay itself is as good as ever, but the motion controls really put a downer on it, as personally, I'm more of a button-masher than a motion controlled sword swinging guy, sorry but they just bug me, plus the motion control don't always work which is VERY frustrating! Anyway, the story so far isn't too bad, but I'd prefer a darker story like TP's, but hey-ho I'll see how it turns out (only at the 2nd dungeon so not really judging it yet don't worry). It's kind of obvious that I've set my standards high after playing TP, because after that I couldn't really get into WW or PH/ST, they were just too childish for my taste, lets just hope this isn't either! Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    Featuring many of the series best ideas while bringing in an array of new ideas to the franchise; The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is fantastic.

One of the best improvements come from the control system. One of the few games to truly utilize the Wii, the fighting finally feels natural and adds some depth to the battle system, which has been a very shallow area in previous instalments. The controls also breathe life into the flight mechanic. It could have become very tedious, alike to how some took the boat in Wind Waker, however, the one-to-one twisting of the wii remote and the speed between destinations allow it to be an enjoyable part of the game, even towards the end of the game.

The best part of the game however comes with the exploration between dungeons. In previous instalments it was purely to get from destination to destination and could have been taken as pretty lacklustre (Majoraâ
  6. Nov 25, 2011
    Taking my time to play the game through first & keep an eye on the major gaming sitesâ
  7. Nov 26, 2011
    Great game, marvelous graphics, amazing story. The controls are not lagged as some people are saying, probably these people don't know how to use the motion plus. It's more of the same? Yes, it is, is more of the same awesomeness that Zelda is.
  8. Nov 26, 2011
    I am very hesitant about rating this game a 10. Its not a perfect game but its pretty close. I absolutely love some of the new features such as the stamina gauge and shield life but the new Hint system just sticks a knife in my gut. I hate spending 10 mins trying to open a door, when I know I can get the answer by reading hints on a stone or asking my guide. I hate having the temptationI am very hesitant about rating this game a 10. Its not a perfect game but its pretty close. I absolutely love some of the new features such as the stamina gauge and shield life but the new Hint system just sticks a knife in my gut. I hate spending 10 mins trying to open a door, when I know I can get the answer by reading hints on a stone or asking my guide. I hate having the temptation right there in front of me. I also have a problem with not reading the hints. I am the type of player who won't leave a stone unturned and its hard to avoid these things. The controls were pretty frustrating at first but I got it down sometime after the first temple.

I don't feel like typing out everything I love about the game........its a Zelda game....Ill leave it at that.
  9. Nov 29, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As with almost any other franchise, it's hard to look at one game in a series without comparing or reflecting on other entries that have come previously. Unfortunately, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time seems to always be the precipice of all follow on entries of this series; being hailed as the best Zelda of all time. What players and reviewers oftenThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As with almost any other franchise, it's hard to look at one game in a series without comparing or reflecting on other entries that have come previously. Unfortunately, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time seems to always be the precipice of all follow on entries of this series; being hailed as the best Zelda of all time. What players and reviewers often forget is that, that game too, for the most part, was a rehash of the one before it but in three dimensions. Collect three things, get the sword. Collect seven things, save the princess. It has been that design for these games that has been used for follow on entries, aside from a few exceptions. In comes Skyward Sword, a game that tries to break the mold but keep a familiar feeling to hold true to that "Zelda-esque" design. For everything that Skyward Sword does well, it has a few things that are done equally terrible. What we have here is a series that has gone from little to no story outside what was in an instruction booklet to the fullest story told in the franchise. This series is muddied by inconsistencies told throughout, until Skyward Sword. A story that within it's conclusion wraps up nicely the reason for all previous games. I will not go too far into the story in fear of spoilers, but for a fan of the series, you get that "Ah-Ha!" moment; for newcomers, it's easily followed along and makes jumping into the other games that much easier. Story: 8/10 Back in 2000, the world was shown what Zelda would look like in upgraded graphics since the time of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. A year later we were shown Wind Waker. People, myself included, were shocked; some even appalled. It took playing and seeing to believe what Nintendo was truly capable of doing with motion design and emotional storytelling. Then came Twilight Princess, the ode to Ocarina of Time. A dark dreary game told in a threatened world once again. I mention these two games because it is so hard to feel the mixing of the two together to get the graphical design we see here in Skyward Sword. An older Link in a beautifully cel-shaded world. The world is so bright and colorful, full of detail and as things move off into the distance and fade into the background, it almost looks like a Monet style painting. The art direction for this game, fits perfectly to house all of the content and people that reside in this world. It makes sense to have kooky blue haired people in a world that looks and feels like this. The gorgeous oil/guache/water color design is absolutely gorgeous. Graphics: 9/10 The controls for this game are amidst huge debate among it's fans. Almost everything is controlled with the help of WiiMotion+ to it's advantage and dismay. When the controls work, it's incredible fun to see it all being played out on the screen in front of you. It really gives you the feeling of full control. It's when it doesn't work, which is about 20% of the time, that you wish you had a standard controller. Instead of fixing their control scheme they placed a work around in the controls to reset the center of the Wii-mote. This game can be completely played without the sensor bar because it's all relative to the Wii-mote. With this in mind, I found myself not having to reset very often. It was a mindset that took getting used to because of always having to point at the screen. Is it possible to waggle in this game? Yes. If done "right" it's actually quite effective. What ends up happening if the Wii-mote is waggled too ferociously is that you have to recalibrate the motion+. After having played with these controls, however, I couldn't imagine playing a Zelda game any other way, so long as n=Nintendo keeps improving on this method. Controls: 8/10 As with almost every Zelda game out there, there is some degree of exploration. Unfortunately, for Skyward Sword, as much exploration as there is, the locales are of 4 places; granted they are huge, you feel very confined. The level design is thoughtful and intriguing, I just wish there was more of it. I am glad they got rid of, for the most part, the "overworld" design put in place by Ocarina of Time. The surface world is full of surprises and things to see and opens up more and more as you progress through the game. Unfortunately, the only reasons to ever venture down there seem like padding. This game doesn't learn that fetch quests are redundant time fillers and can be quite annoying. There's a specific time where I wanted to choke someone out in Nintendo screaming "Why are you doing this to me?!" Getting over all of the fetching, the side quests, collectibles and other additions to this game round it out nicely. It was nice to see the bug net make its return. Gameplay: 6/10 Overall, I feel like Skyward Sword was a decent entry into the series and brings about the end of the Wii nicely. Skyward Sword: 8/10 Expand
  10. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finallySkyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finally challenging, like those in Twilight Princess. The boss battles are immense and truly feel like something epic.

The only downside? The controls can be off sometimes -- I found that putting the motion bar on top of a television solved my problems. But it's hardly noticable and if you control your motions, you won't suffer.

This is the game for the Wii and the best release in the past 10 years.
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    This game nears perfection. The impressionistic-style graphics, the epic orchestrated music, the tear-jerking story, the smooth-as-silk controls, everything in this game is nothing less than ART. Unfortunately, it's got some tiny little flaws that will be used to drag it down by the critics, but they're not really THAT important. This is not a game to be played, but a game to be appreciated.
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the Wii game people have been dreaming about ever since the console was announced. The use of motion control is intuitive and interesting, and makes this one of the most unique and legitimately groundbreaking (if not, THE most) Game of the Year candidate of 2011. It's another wonderful entry in a legendary franchise with some actual challenge on the table as well.
  13. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono. Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  14. Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty good, at first the controls were hard to control, but it turns out there's ACTUALLY SKILL INVOLVED IN SWINGING THE SWORD. The fact that waggling to kill no longer applying made my **** day. I recommend this game highly.
  15. Nov 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image
    Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by this game, as even Zelda pros have to learn how to defeat foes they've defeated easily in the past. As for voice acting, it wouldn't be fitting to have voice acting. Imagine, after 25 years and for the anniversary, you finally add voice acting. I personally would hate that because I'd hate to hear a voice for Link or Zelda etc. If you have a Wii, you owe it to yourself to get this game. It's like Ocarina of Time for the modern day world. Long time Zelda fans will even get a few references to past games, something I enjoyed a lot.The only disappointment is that such a fantastic game came at the end of the Wii's life.
  16. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a game worthy of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the best video game franchise ever. This franchise has come a long way from its humble gold cartridge casing days on the nes. The mechanics are great with the wii motion plus guiding our blades and other gadgets. the look with the watercolors is beautiful, the story keeps us yearning for more with each dungeon, and the musicThis is a game worthy of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the best video game franchise ever. This franchise has come a long way from its humble gold cartridge casing days on the nes. The mechanics are great with the wii motion plus guiding our blades and other gadgets. the look with the watercolors is beautiful, the story keeps us yearning for more with each dungeon, and the music done with a full orchestra sounds better than anything we have heard!! i love this game and its going in my never return it pile with my other favorites Expand
  17. Nov 23, 2011
    Great 1:1 motion controls, a fantastic story, great gameplay and puzzles, the overall difficulty, and the Boss battles are fantastic. I would reccomend to anyone, this is worth buying a wii for.
  18. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is, feels and plays fantastic, the visuals are great for wii, the controls are rarely out of sinc, the bosses are challenging, there is a whole bunch of RPG stuff added like item upgrades, advanced potions and limited backpack size,... There is nothing not to like about this game.
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    The Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a mustThe Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a must buy for any zelda fan, or even any wii owner! Expand
  20. Nov 23, 2011
    Best Story of any Zelda Ever. Best controls of any Zelda Ever. Best looking Zelda Ever. Suffice to say, Best Zelda Ever! A Modern Masterpiece! The second best game ever made (right behind Mario Galaxy 2). If you have a Wii - BUY THIS GAME! If you don't have a Wii then, first buy a Wii then... BUY THIS GAME! You have not lived until you play this!
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    Its the best zelda game of the series, and probably the best wii game. Good graphics, good gameplay, intense history about the origin of the master sword and use all the wii features you can desire to play.If you have wii or dont, buy it and play one of the best games of the generation.
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    1. You've definitely NOT played the entire game, yet alone even scratched the surface of it.
    2. Don't insult the Art Style, because you know very well that If they wanted, they could've gone with more realistic TP graphics again. It's a choice, and a good one, in my opinion. 3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't expect the game to hand everything to you. It takes a bit of practice. If I twist my wrist, Link twists his wrist. How much more accurate can it get?

So far the game is a must-own for every Wii player, has great cutscenes, great gameplay and is essentially a great evolution for the franchise. Not a single torch puzzle.
    I'd say this game is AT LEAST as good as Ocarina of Time, if not better. I'll see once i'm done.
  23. Nov 25, 2011
    best game i ever played in my life
    LoZ skyward sword is perfect
    allows exact movements with wii remote
    amazing graphics
    and just a great and enjoyable story line
    i am impressed on how the creators progressed zelda and i cant wait to see what the future holds
  24. Nov 22, 2011
    El mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y SpiritEl mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y Spirit Tracks, el mundo mas vacio incluso que Twilight Princess, el Boss Final mas facil de derrotar que el emo de Grihaim o como se llama, el efecto acaurela es otra mierda mas del juego, de tocarse los huevos el equipo desarrollador. Expand
  25. Nov 22, 2011
    ZELDA GAME THIS MEETS EXPECTATIONS THAT THE GREAT MAJORITY OF FANS LOOKING FOR SAGA, THE CONTROL IS VERY GOOD, history and character interaction and the appearance visual and musical, though not COMES MASTER IS OOT It alone can SHINE
  26. Nov 22, 2011
    As I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works asAs I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works as advertised and really adds a level of immersion to the game that has never really been part of a Zelda game before. The sword fighting is fun and they even have found clever ways to work all the Wii Sports motions we have been doing for years into the game without it being gimmicky. Bowling bombs need I say more? Another great thing about this game is the challenge. There hasn't been a Zelda game this hard since Zelda II on the NES. While this game is still not as hard as that game it is defiantly more difficult than any other Zelda and that is a most welcome change. I grew up with Zelda so I will always love it but it is nice to play a game that doesn't feel like it's difficulty was designed with 8 year olds in mind. Graphically the game is as beautiful as anything I've seen on the Wii. It may not look quite as sharp as Super Mario Galaxy 2 but it makes up for it in art direction and style. The perfect marriage between Wind Waker's Saturday morning cartoon feel and Twilight Princess's more mature feel. The music is also excellent and for the first time completely orchestrated. The story I will not go into great detail on as I have not seen it in its entirety. I will say that so far it has been one of the strongest narratives I've seen in a Zelda game yet. The emotion and character on display is unmatched in the series and Link despite being silent as always has never had so much personality as he does here. Zelda herself even makes much more of an impact then usual. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story takes me. All in all it is an excellent title from Nintendo and worthy of the praise that has been lavished upon it. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but the 0's I've seen given to this game are just ludicrous. Don't listen to the naysayers. Even if you don't end up liking the game as much as I a doubt that you will find it to be a 0 experience. Expand
  27. Nov 22, 2011
    Good orchestrated music, a fine difficultly for both new and experienced gamers (provided you can be bothered with Hero Mode), probably the best use of Motion control I have ever seen in a Wii game. Also contains Groose, the greatest Zelda character of all time!
  28. Nov 23, 2011
    I think the good vote for this game is 9.7
    It's good. It's very good. I think the people who give 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 simply can't play Zelda, and they excuses whit sentences like "The control are bad", "Zelda doesn't **** with Link" "blabalablablabala"
  29. Nov 24, 2011
    I've never been so engaged in a game in a very long time. Everything from the dungeons to the bosses are absolutely fantastic. It's and extremely amazing game. 10/10
  30. Nov 25, 2011
    An amazing game; The creators have improved upon all aspects of the gaming adventure that is Zelda! It's been a number of years since I've played a game that's simply so much fun I find myself not being able to put the controller down for long. I highly recommend Skyward Sword!

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.