The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii

8.0

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1936 Ratings

1. May 11, 2013
    I don't know why this game has been receiving such low user reviews. I believe the people who gave it a low score didn't give it much of a chance in the get go, it was doomed to fail in their eyes to begin with.
    First, let me address the issues of the controls. Don't let those other reviews fool you, the controls work phenomenally. I admit that at first, I was having trouble with the controls, until I realized the fault was on me and not on the controls. It takes getting used to, but once your mind becomes more familiar with the motion sensor and the fluidity of the game, Link will be come as precise as a Sushi Chef.
    This game is truly fit to be a Zelda game. The impressionist art style is beautiful, and the story is very compelling. It truly blends the series together and allows you to see each game in the series in a new light.
    I was a bit skeptical about the stamina system at first, but now I can't imagine this game without it. It's perfectly implemented and I dare even say innovative to the series. The mini-games are fun and creative and the Boss battles are a hell lotta fun. There's an upgrade system to your weapons, and there's even a hard mode once you beat the game.
    The only problem I have with this game, is the limited item space. I dislike the idea, that I have to take up two slots of the item pouch, in order to have all heart containers at a given time. However, it's a small problem, and this game still receives a perfect score from me.
  2. May 14, 2013
    The game controls perfectly fit on the wii motions sensor system. It has a great storyline and the puzzles and adventure is amazinly fun. Innovative bosses and opponents.
  3. May 10, 2016
    One of the best games ever! Story, artstyle, gameplay, dungeons are all amazing! Some of the best boss fights in the series! The motion controls also work flawlessly and add new strategy to the sword-fights. Overall a must-have.
  4. Nov 10, 2013
    Skyward Sword is by no means the best Zelda game it's actually my sixth favorite in the series, however it I still a very great game and I had a bunch of fun playing it, even though it kinda felt like I was being babied along
  5. Jul 18, 2013
    The best Zelda for Wii. The best one since Ocarina of Time in my opinion. Magic places, strategy, maps, characters, items, bosses... Really a masterpiece for Wii that it will get you more than 80 hours if you want to complete it. The game does not need blood, sex or cheap tricks to attract you, it does it already in a genuine and pure way. Definitely, a must one.
  6. Jul 2, 2013
    This game just kicks ass. It has got everything a new Zelda requires and more. Just do yourself the favour and play it. I had to get the wii-motion plus especially to play this and I don't regret the money spent. Skyward sword is one of the best games, I ever played, even though it naturally doesn't reach the full magic of Ocarina of Time. It certainly can stand for itslef
  7. Jul 2, 2013
    An absolutely brilliant game. Skyward Sword is like A Link to the Past in that it does a lot of things quite well. From graphics to dungeon design to it's soundtrack, SS is a game that hits a home run on all fronts. SS particularly excels in it's writing, however. Without spoiling anything, Skyward Sword takes the ol' "save the princess from the castle" formula, and makes the adventureAn absolutely brilliant game. Skyward Sword is like A Link to the Past in that it does a lot of things quite well. From graphics to dungeon design to it's soundtrack, SS is a game that hits a home run on all fronts. SS particularly excels in it's writing, however. Without spoiling anything, Skyward Sword takes the ol' "save the princess from the castle" formula, and makes the adventure far more personal then it's ever been.

SS does have a few flaws, however. Those that aren't a fan of motion controls probably aren't gonna change their minds with this game. And even if you're at least neutral towards 'em, the controls do have something of a learning curve to 'em and are used almost excessively. The game also contains a decent amount of backtracking and is notorious for it's fetch quests. These issues are no where near as bad as some would like you to believe. While you do visit the same 3 areas several times, each time you do so you either open up a completely new and unique area or the area itself drastically changes. And all those fetch quests? For the most part, they're actually pretty fun and short. They're minor problems with the game at the very worst.

Overall, this game deserves as much praise as it can get. I give it a 9.5 out of 10... Which then gets rounded up
  8. Sep 20, 2013
    Skyward Sword is the best zelda ever. There's simply no other way of putting it. In fact, it's the best game I've ever played. It constantly surprises, and just when I thought it had done everything it could possibly do, it wowed me again.
    Skyward Sword does a lot of new stuff. It is definitely the most innovative, creative and risk-taking zelda yet. The best innovation is the way you control your sword: it responds directly to your wiimote's aim, as if you are wielding a real sword. This enables completely new opportunities, both with swordfights and puzzles. It's the best thing to come to zelda since the introduction of 3D. It wholly immerses you in the game, but the wiimote has many other uses. From slingshot-aiming to swimming to rolling to shield-blocking, motion-sensing is used a lot. But it never feels forced, and it rarely fails you.
    Dungeon-traversing, boss-fighting, and exploration is what you know and love, but with so many surprises and innovations. A great storyline with genuinely emotional moments and immersive character development is a first for zelda, and while it may not be as good as, say, the Last of Us, it sets a new benchmark for the series. The graphics are the best so far on wii and the music is majestic and emotional. A good plot also drives away the repetition some zelda fans may be familiar with at this stage. Sure, the dungeons have kept the structure from previous games, with a mixture of puzz,e and battle, and with a new item obtained each time, but there are plenty of surprises in between, even the odd boss battle.
    The depth of your hub world, Skloft, is also excelent. Expect lots of side quests and character interaction. It's bursting with character and personality, with so much to do. Often you'll have to revisit areas in the storyline more than once, uncovering whole new areas. The world you explore in skyward sword isn't the biggest, but it's certainly the most immersive.
    To reach the end of the plot takes roughly forty hours, but much more with side quests included. There's also a hero mode (like a hard mode) once you finish it, a feature hardcore zelda fans will love.
    Skyward Sword is awesome. It brings motion control into a hardcore game. It's full of ideas, constantly amazing you every step of the way.
  9. Jul 8, 2014
    Favourite game in the series. Loved the motion controls, made the game so immersive. Played it right through with my girlfriend (she watches) and it was her fav Zelda too. Good story, graphics and fantastic music and gameplay.
  10. Jul 31, 2013
    I really liked this game, however the only drawback is that it doesn't seem as long as all the other Zelda games. If it had of been longer it would have got 11/10. After only 25 hours I had completed it, and it didn't take much more in hero mode either, where twilight princess took about a week to finish.
  11. Aug 8, 2013
    Skyward Sword is a fantastic game and is without a doubt one of the best Zelda games. Nintendo focused on three things for this game, motion control, story, and making an all around solid game. They definitely succeeded in all three. The story takes place at the beginning of the timeline and it shows. There is no ganon and no hyrule. Instead the villain is the amazing girahim and theSkyward Sword is a fantastic game and is without a doubt one of the best Zelda games. Nintendo focused on three things for this game, motion control, story, and making an all around solid game. They definitely succeeded in all three. The story takes place at the beginning of the timeline and it shows. There is no ganon and no hyrule. Instead the villain is the amazing girahim and the setting is skyloft. What makes the story are the characters, specifically girahim and Zelda. Girahim is both creepy and entertaining, the final battle with him really shows this. Zelda is now Links friend prior to here capture, because of this the player genuinely wants to save her. The gameplay is very motion control heavy but in a good way. Everything from swinging your sword to flying your beetle feels fluid and rarely off. By the end of it, you will never want to go back to regular controls. The graphics in this game take the best of wind waker and twilight princess to create a beautiful game. Overall, Skyward Sword is one of the best games on Wii, one of the best Zelda games, and perhaps the best game of 2011. Expand
  12. Aug 12, 2013
    This game is obviously the best game play Zelda ever. The ability to move your sword in the exact angle gets no better than this. When I saw it for first time and play on my friend's wii and I was satisfied playing it that I actually bought a wii just to play this game. Its a must have because every single detail of what the game represents does it in a excellent way.
  13. Nov 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my Favorite Zelda 3d Zelda game. The new motion controls )once you take a couple hours to get used to them) feel fantastic and make combat more interesting. I also love how you can upgrade your items and make them more powerful if you take the time to get the necessary materials. The dungeons are fantastic and the bosses are very memorable. The game looks gorgeous and I still don't understand how Nintendo is pushing the Wii that far graphically. The music is par with the rest of the 3d releases (which means fantastic), and this rendition of Zelda's Lullaby nearly bought me to tears a handful of times in the game. The only problem I have with the game was the padding at the end when you have to revisit the earlier areas for that giant flying dragon and fighting that imprisoned like 4 times. It was very unnecessary and gave me the same feeling of fetching all of the Triforce pieces in Wind Waker. Overall, I love the game and I want to thank Nintendo for trying to bring something new to the table and overwhelmingly succeeding. Expand
  14. Sep 11, 2013
    The story is amazing. The gameplay is better than ever. I can't imagine me playing another legend of zelda game without motion controls. The feeling of actually controlling the swords and your attacks is amazing. I recommended this game to all my friends, and I recommend it to whoever is reading my review. Ignore the Negative reviews, they are on the Ocarina of Time band wagon.
  15. Oct 1, 2013
    not only the best zelda game ever but the greatest game ever. this game is perfect in everyway. it has the best graphics on the wii and the art style is beautiful. a must have for anyone who owns a wii.
  16. Oct 15, 2013
    Definitely my favorite game of all time. Probably the best example of the Wii's motion controls (It sometimes didn't work when I was randomly thrashing my remote around). The storyline, music and art style were all brilliant (I never thought I would see something as beautiful in a game as the scene which had Zelda's Lullaby playing in background). This was the game that showed me whatDefinitely my favorite game of all time. Probably the best example of the Wii's motion controls (It sometimes didn't work when I was randomly thrashing my remote around). The storyline, music and art style were all brilliant (I never thought I would see something as beautiful in a game as the scene which had Zelda's Lullaby playing in background). This was the game that showed me what video games can do and heavily increased my interest in video games. If you have a Wii or a Wii U, you have to play this game, if not, buy one. Expand
  17. Nov 29, 2013
    Este juego es una obra maestra
    la jugabilidad no solo es adictiva sino que supo usar muy bien el control de wii
    la historia es fenomenal,quizas sea un poco lineal pero realmente es completamente profunda
    saber como se origino todo,la trifuerza,la espada maestra,el reino de hyrule
    ESTE JUEGO ES EPICO
  18. Oct 22, 2013
    This game deserves a 10. Anyone who says it sucks is basically an idiot who can't handle simple wiimotion controls or just a no life who hates on Nintendo. The story is the best of the Zelda series, the soundtrack is amazing as usual, the controls are PERFECT and nothing is wrong with them, the temples are original and new, the characters each have their own special personalities and theThis game deserves a 10. Anyone who says it sucks is basically an idiot who can't handle simple wiimotion controls or just a no life who hates on Nintendo. The story is the best of the Zelda series, the soundtrack is amazing as usual, the controls are PERFECT and nothing is wrong with them, the temples are original and new, the characters each have their own special personalities and the overall feel of the game is amazing. Get this game and don't listen to these horrible reviews. Totally worth buying. Expand
  19. Nov 3, 2013
    Hell, it's not perfect, but it's definitely one of the greatest games I have ever played. The motion controls may be seen as a gimmick, though they are done quite well, despite the odd mishap which may lead to a death. Explaining the origins of the Zelda franchise, Skyward Sword does quite a good job, and doesn't do the typical Zelda formula this time around. Visually it can be hit or missHell, it's not perfect, but it's definitely one of the greatest games I have ever played. The motion controls may be seen as a gimmick, though they are done quite well, despite the odd mishap which may lead to a death. Explaining the origins of the Zelda franchise, Skyward Sword does quite a good job, and doesn't do the typical Zelda formula this time around. Visually it can be hit or miss depending on your opinion in relation to cell-shading. If you can handle motion controls, Skyward Sword is a title you could really enjoy. Expand
  20. Nov 22, 2013
    Such a beautiful game. one of the best games i've ever played. The orchestra music, the story, the art. they all match. this is a must own for everybody! 10/10
  21. Nov 17, 2013
    This is by far my favourite entry in the Zelda series. The story is epic and makes you feel like you are part of the game rather than playing as a character in the game. The art style is beautiful, a cross between the realistic style of Twilight Princess and the Toon style of Wind Waker, making its own unique art style in which the surroundings can make you feel emotions, not onlyThis is by far my favourite entry in the Zelda series. The story is epic and makes you feel like you are part of the game rather than playing as a character in the game. The art style is beautiful, a cross between the realistic style of Twilight Princess and the Toon style of Wind Waker, making its own unique art style in which the surroundings can make you feel emotions, not only happiness, but also when it comes to it genuine fear. However, the game has some flaws. You can not explore any part of the world other than Skyloft at night and there is no Daylight Cycle as a result of this. Also the three regions feel disconnected from each other and the sky feels very empty and lonesome. Apart from this, this is one of the best titles in the series and although the story and gameplay feel a bit more guided than other entries it is a fantastic game which marks a turning point in the Zelda series and shows that Nintendo are not afraid to stray from tradition and this will help to keep the Zelda franchise as good as it is today. Expand
  22. Dec 6, 2013
    Amazing. This game takes advantage of all of the Wii's capabilities, and is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played (a word that I seldom use for games). Surprised it made me feel this mushy, but the characters are actually well made this time around! Gameplay and puzzles are perfection too. Before playing this game, I said that nothing could ever beat Twilight Princess, but nowAmazing. This game takes advantage of all of the Wii's capabilities, and is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played (a word that I seldom use for games). Surprised it made me feel this mushy, but the characters are actually well made this time around! Gameplay and puzzles are perfection too. Before playing this game, I said that nothing could ever beat Twilight Princess, but now I'm in doubt. Hope the Wii U gets a Zelda game half this good. Expand
  23. Dec 16, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda games are almost always controversial. Same does Skyward Sword. Opnions are divided. So I'm here to show mine.

First of all, let me talk about the controls. They are just awesome, immersive and create a lot of possibilites. But they aren't flawless. It's stressfull the number of times the control fails when trying to do a Skyward Strike and some normal strikes also are performed in a different direction than they are supposed. But the second happens only a few times. So, for this individual section, I give a 9/10. because even with the flaws, the control scheme adds TOO MUCH for the overall experience.

Now, the graphics: Innovative, just awesome, fit perfectly the gameplay and control schemes and the wii capacities. Skyloft is gorgeous, Zelda is cute and characters are very expressive. 10/10.

The music is awesome, nice to who likes to "trip" while playing, the song from Isle of Songs and Fi's theme, when played at it's original environment, just really move with your mental state. 10/10.

Gameplay: The dungeons are incredible and open areas look like biggest dungeons. The flow of the game is awesome, and it has some "different" parts to break the repetition. The upgrade system with treasure and bugs near doubled the experience. It have some sidequests, but it lacks a lot on exploration. 9,5/10.

Story: Beautiful, made me cry. Full of details and deep charachters. 10/10

Overall 10/10. Awesome, one of the best games on the series. I preffer a darker atmosphere on a Zelda game, and I like the exploration of game's like ALTTP (which is the best game on the series, and the best game I ever played so far), but this games brings SO MUCH in gameplay, music, graphics and story, that combined they make the greatest experience I ever had in a post SNES console. The second greatest game I EVER played.
  24. Aug 20, 2014
    Many people out there loathe this game, i however love it. This is a game that pretty much splits into two sides, you hate it or you love it. The 3D Zelda's suffer the fact that they have to be compared to Ocarina if they manage to be good Zelda games, which i find highly unfair.

Skyward Sword has a really good story that explains the origins of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf and has probably one of the best ensemble of characters in a Zelda game. The game also has the most like-able Zelda in a Zelda game since probably Wind Waker. You ACTUALLY care if you save Zelda this time and that is a huge plus considering the series is called The Legend of ZELDA. Ghirahim is an awesome villain. His eccentric movements and attitude make him very fun to watch and when he has to fight, he can fight. Groose is actually a very good supporting character as he grows and becomes more mature as the game goes on. Fi is one of the worst sidekicks Link has had, but she is a very good character when it comes to story.

The gameplay is Motion-Control Zelda. The controls work great. It isn't perfect, but it never seemed to interrupt my experience with game. The dungeons are extremely well done and designed (The Sandship is one of the best dungeons in a Zelda game) and the bosses are awesome (Koloktos). The visuals are beautiful and the soundtrack is excellent.

The game however suffers when it comes to exploration and even though you can go wherever you want, there is nothing worth finding and the landmarks you go to are very small. The Sky is big and large, but you have to go down to land to make it worth exploring by finding certain blocks. Some of the fetch quests are very annoying and makes certain levels drag out far more then one would think. The Imprisoned really could have been shortened down to 2 fights instead of 3.

Skyward Sword is an amazing game and one that gets a lot of hate for no reason. If you have a Wii, there is no reason not to pick this up as it's worth every penny. It's shortcomings are very minute in comparison to the rest of the game and it's something you definitely should have in your library. It is one of the those games you need to play for yourself to see if you love or hate the game.
  25. sdc
    Apr 17, 2015
    **** those idiots who hate this game for no other reason than to promote hatred for the Wii, THIS is how you do it. Engaging story, immersive graphics, beautiful music, tight controls, and the best level design of all time, THIS is rightfully the best game ever.
  26. Mar 3, 2014
    arguably the greatest Zelda game. It has some uniqueness against the other Zelda's which makes for some promising gameplay. You get a giant bird which you fly on which is insanely fun, and you have motion controls which your Wii remote works as your sword perfectly, I mean if you make a circle with your Wii remote Link's sword will do the same and so combat actually feels realistic. Thearguably the greatest Zelda game. It has some uniqueness against the other Zelda's which makes for some promising gameplay. You get a giant bird which you fly on which is insanely fun, and you have motion controls which your Wii remote works as your sword perfectly, I mean if you make a circle with your Wii remote Link's sword will do the same and so combat actually feels realistic. The game is insanely long, it took me more than 60 hours to beat, making this the longest Zelda game. All around Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a very fun must buy. Expand
  27. Jun 11, 2014
    The fact that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword may not be as good as Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker and A Link to the Past (IMO) and yet still scores a perfect "10" from me, is a great sign of showing how amazing of a series The Legend of Zelda franchise is and Skyward Sword really does soar.

Pros: -Amazing Atmospheres and locations, probably some of the best in the

Pros:
    -Amazing Atmospheres and locations, probably some of the best in the series.
    -Nice bright and beautiful graphics. (Twilight Princess' Dark visuals were overrated anyway)
    -Cool unappreciated motion controls that give you a great feeling of using your very own sword.
    -Great story.
    -Beautiful Music.
    -Fun dungeons with creative puzzles.
    -Cool items and features.
    -Nice references and cameos of things that are from other Zelda titles.

Cons:
    -Holds your hand too much
    -Fi is more annoying than Navi in my opinion
    -Felt Linear when compared to other Zelda games
    -A lot of forgettable characters

Overall I loved Skyward Sword, you really should play this game because Nintendo poured their heart and soul into this game. I know that I listed a few cons here, but really if you try to ignore them then you will find this to be a fantastic game. Buy it now!
  28. Mar 29, 2014
    Sure this game is on Aging hardware, but the art style is beautiful. It's a nice distraction from all the games trying to look realistic. The puzzles are great and the boss battles introduce a new level of strategy when using the perfect motion controls. The story was wonderful and Hero Mode is truly a Challenge any Zelda Fan will like. No hearts and all the enemies doing double theSure this game is on Aging hardware, but the art style is beautiful. It's a nice distraction from all the games trying to look realistic. The puzzles are great and the boss battles introduce a new level of strategy when using the perfect motion controls. The story was wonderful and Hero Mode is truly a Challenge any Zelda Fan will like. No hearts and all the enemies doing double the damage. The music is invigorating and the items are used more frequently than pass Zelda Games. In Twilight Princess you get the spinner and only use it for one dungeon and your basically done using it for the rest of the game. In Skyward Sword, almost every dungeon requires that you use most of your items. This Game is far superior to Twilight Princess in every way. People only liked Twilight Princess because of the art style, not the game itself. Skyward Sword, Wind Waker HD, and Four Swords Adventures, are all worthy of tens for introducing new mechanics within the Zelda Series. Twilight Princess on the other hand was basically a poor version of Ocarina of Time. They took more mechanics out than added. But after playing Skyward Sword, the Sour Taste that was Twilight Princess is gone. Skyward Sword is truly the definitive Zelda and is worthy of Praise. I got a good 70 hours of the game and its well worth its asking price. Expand
  29. Apr 3, 2014
    This is the reason to buy a Wii. Skyward Sword not only utilizes but it masters the motion controls of the Wii using motion plus, and accompanied by a compelling and amazing story full of twists, it manages to create a completely new Zelda game, while sticking to its roots. In my opinion this game could well be the greatest Zelda game of all time, or even the greatest game of all time.
  30. May 9, 2014
    na minha opiniao esse é o melhor the legend of zelda de todos os tempos o game é muito épico eu
    tambem acho que ele é o melhor jogo do mundo eu do a nota maxíma para ele 100 de 100
  31. Jun 5, 2014
    This is probably the best game you can get for the Wii. Legend of Zelda will always be great games, but being able to actually swing that sword with your arm is one of the most satisfying feelings you will have. I had exponential amounts of fun playing this game, and I know I'll play it again in Hero Mode.
  32. Mar 3, 2016
    An instant classic. Everything is vibrant and beautiful, from the story to the wonderful breathing world it creates. If you can't handle the controls, it's not the controls problem, you probably have to get good at it. No more auto-targeting arrows with Z for you mister.
  33. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite from the Zelda-series. Why? The gameplay is freaking fantastic. I enjoyed the motion controls a lot, even though most of the time you just shake the remote pretty anticlimactically. And the story is amazing! Manly tears have been shed, especially in the ending. I totally recommend playing this game if you have a Wii, and if you're a die hard Zelda fan, andThis game is my personal favorite from the Zelda-series. Why? The gameplay is freaking fantastic. I enjoyed the motion controls a lot, even though most of the time you just shake the remote pretty anticlimactically. And the story is amazing! Manly tears have been shed, especially in the ending. I totally recommend playing this game if you have a Wii, and if you're a die hard Zelda fan, and don't have a Wii, go buy a Wii and play this masterpiece. Expand
  34. Jun 26, 2014
    Out of the 4 zelda games I played, this one is my favorite. The game is beautiful, the puzzles were creative, there is not one dungeon in the game I hate, the combat worked nicely, the story progresses nicely and never halts like in other zelda games, and I rarely ever get stuck. Some might say the puzzles are easier and the game shoves every piece of information down your throat twice.Out of the 4 zelda games I played, this one is my favorite. The game is beautiful, the puzzles were creative, there is not one dungeon in the game I hate, the combat worked nicely, the story progresses nicely and never halts like in other zelda games, and I rarely ever get stuck. Some might say the puzzles are easier and the game shoves every piece of information down your throat twice. But let me ask you something. If you are just walking around trying to figure out what you have to do and trying every possibility, is that fun? Its not is it. Many people criticize this game for being different, but its different in a good way. It took everything that made zelda great and made it better. I give this game a 10 out of 10 and nothing, I repeat, NOTHING anybody says will change that. Unless its the new E.T. (One more thing. Let this serve as a warning, no spoilers. There is a section in the game where you go to three different places in any order to retrieve something. Don't go to the desert first. There is a bug that will stop your game from progressing.) Expand
  35. Jul 7, 2014
    Like most zelda games, this is a masterpiece. The game starts slow but packs in plenty of character progression and story, then takes you on an epic quest. With fantastic motion controls and an incredible art style, this game will suck you in and not let go until it's over.
  36. Aug 24, 2014
    Man, this game is epic! You learn the history of the Master Sword, history of Ganon (Demise) and why Link and Zelda are appearing in every Zelda game but in different times. Anyways, the story was epic, graphics were really good (I liked Twilight Princess's and Wind Waker's crossed graphics) and I didn't have any problems with the gameplay.
  37. Sep 4, 2014
    This was the first Zelda game i played in my life, and it became the best game that i have ever played. Clearing the dungeons was very interesting and fun. Ending was emotional and music was awesome. the bad thing i felt about this game was that sometimes the control doesn't go as what i expected. and it was annoying fighting with tower-like monsters and some with electric weapons. butThis was the first Zelda game i played in my life, and it became the best game that i have ever played. Clearing the dungeons was very interesting and fun. Ending was emotional and music was awesome. the bad thing i felt about this game was that sometimes the control doesn't go as what i expected. and it was annoying fighting with tower-like monsters and some with electric weapons. but overall, i spent 50 hours of unforgettable adventures, and the wii is worth its money just for this game. 10/10. Expand
  38. Sep 11, 2014
    My first 100% playthrough of the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, was an experience I will never forget, for all the right reasons. This game is simply beautiful in just about every aspect that it's trying to do. I loved it so much that I did a 2nd 100% playthrough just a few months afterwards. #3 is right around the corner. The motion controls are the best that the Wii has to offer and itMy first 100% playthrough of the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, was an experience I will never forget, for all the right reasons. This game is simply beautiful in just about every aspect that it's trying to do. I loved it so much that I did a 2nd 100% playthrough just a few months afterwards. #3 is right around the corner. The motion controls are the best that the Wii has to offer and it executes perfectly your WiiMotePlus movements and Link's sword movements are a perfect 1:1 relationship. The dungeons are the best that the series has to offer, everyone of them is a joy to travel trough and none of them were a chore, tedious, or down-right frustrating. (OOT: Water and Forest Temple, MM: Great Bay Temple, TP: City in the Sky) It's linear design will turn off the explorative type of player, and Fi (your partner) can get a little annoying every now and then, but those are very small negatives from what is overall a masterpiece!
    This, in my view, is the best 3D Zelda game ever made!
  39. Oct 28, 2014
    Don't listen to bad reviews, they're just pissed because of the motion controls and more linear structure, but that doesn't make this game any less a Zelda game. The motion controls work great, and the story, while not the strongest in the series, it's quite good. Same with the music, it's great.

Going into the stuff this game does right, there are the dungeons; this game has easily the strongest set of dungeons in the series and the bosses are as good as Ocarina's and Twilight's. It also has the best characters and character development, with a Zelda that you actually care about. The game is colorful and it's one of the best looking games on the Wii. One worry I had was that it would overuse the motion controls like most Wii games, thankfully it doesn't.

Now, for what the game did wrong, it feels kind of linear because you go back to the first three areas twice, the difference each time you go back is that you explore new regions. People use this as an excuse to say that it's linear, but it's just an illusion. The other major thing I have issues with is Fi, she is by far worse than Navi. This are all just little complaints that don't really affect much the experience.

This is a must play if you have a Wii, and remember, don't listen to the bad reviews.
  40. Jan 22, 2015
    Skyward sword a fantasitic game:

Skyward sword a fantasitic game:

I just need to say the controls in skyward sword were not bad guys they were actually very responsive and the combat was really cool cause it meant that every fight was like a chess game reacting to what the enemy did and reacting upon the action your enemy took. i reallyyyyyyyy like the combat that also made the bossfights very cool i especilly liked the giantrobot which named has escaped my head right now.

I agree tht t took som getting use to but when you or at least when i did i truly felt that i was the great hero who was send on a questwielding the skyward sword in my hand. i know some might think that this game had no exploration which might be true i didnt really bother me cause i was so driven by chaacters cool gameplay and a fatastic story. Also i think that the way they made the game by not only focussing on dungeons but also the land sorrunding them was fantastic and made me explore a far more great area than just a dungeon.

I also really liked the side mission which made me learn a lot more about some of the best charecters the zelda series had to offer while taking me on quest which were generally exciting and made me explore.

The puzzels in this are also fantastic made so they're not cheap (so you ge stuck and) but stil quite interestin/demanding of the player.

The places you wentwere also amazing and place were unique which made you feel like you were treversing great distances and added to the feeling that you were and a epic journe.

It always felt like i was on an adventure which is what i want from a zelda game and i never felt frustrated in this game it always made me want to keep going because of all the things i ave listed. I really love this game and i get a feeling playing this game which none other can recreate. I even like this game more than ocarina of time a lot more actually, this game is truly a masterpiece.

Ps: shooting with bow and arrow in this game is the best thing ever espesially when you snipe an enemy from a long distance :3
  41. Oct 28, 2014
    Fantastic game. The Wiimote control aspect is intuitive and adds to the gameplay experience. Overall I found the controls fluid and responsive, just like a Zelda game should. Enemies are designed around this mechanic, each one with their own particular system, a mini-game within a game. The puzzles are engaging but not too difficult. The graphics are commendable considering the limitationsFantastic game. The Wiimote control aspect is intuitive and adds to the gameplay experience. Overall I found the controls fluid and responsive, just like a Zelda game should. Enemies are designed around this mechanic, each one with their own particular system, a mini-game within a game. The puzzles are engaging but not too difficult. The graphics are commendable considering the limitations of the Wii. Sure, the lack of anti-aliasing is fairly obvious, overall, I am willing to overlook this because everything looks so darn beautiful. More importantly, the art direction is fantastic. The sound is what you come to expect from the big N, perfect. It gets better and better with each generation. Some really nice orchestral pieces really add to the atmosphere. The story is fairly well written and serves as the linchpin for the entire series, good twist at the end too! I struggle to understand how you could rate this game a zero. I am admittedly a fanboy of the series so I am biased, but I think that it is a disservice to assign this game such a low score. I give Skyward Sword 9.6 out of 10. Expand
  42. Oct 31, 2014
    This was the first Zelda game I ever played. I was amazed by how fun it was. When I first got the wii, I remember playing wii sports resort fencing, and saying that I wish there was an entire game based off this mechanic. On Christmas my brother got this game and it just sat there. One day I played it and had a ton of fun. the motion controls worked fine I have no idea why people dislikeThis was the first Zelda game I ever played. I was amazed by how fun it was. When I first got the wii, I remember playing wii sports resort fencing, and saying that I wish there was an entire game based off this mechanic. On Christmas my brother got this game and it just sat there. One day I played it and had a ton of fun. the motion controls worked fine I have no idea why people dislike them. it is like no other game. Now I love the Zelda series. I have played almost every game in the series and this is still one of my favorites. A must play. Expand
  43. Nov 2, 2014
    This is a Wii game everyone must have! It's amazing in every single aspect. I'm talking plot, graphics, atmosphere, bosses, and Kikwis!
    Well done Miyamoto, Nintendo!
    Oh and Warning: Be prepared for Kolotos!
  44. Mar 16, 2016
    Amazing game! The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games in the series, for the wii, and even all time!
    It has some of the best dungeon design in the series, with notable standouts being Ancient Cistern and Sandship, and one of the new developments they took with this game- having the overworld feature puzzles in the vein of metroid, worked really well too. The game features some truly wonderful areas, from the pleasant Faron Woods, which is jam-packed with things to explore, to the vast Sand Sea, which is one of the most creative examples of level design I've seen in any game. The sky is also awesome- I find it funny when people complain about it being empty. ITS THE SKY!!! What did you expect?? It does have the occasional island, but thats all I expected of it. The main overworld where all the intsersting secrets and such is on the surface! The main hub area, Skyloft, is also great and filled with side-quests to do inbetween the main game.
    One of the biggest new features of the game is its full use of 1:1 motion controls. Other than occasionally having to recalibrate, they work fantastic! It was such a joy to have Link's sword swings match up with yours, and this made for some awesome sword fights, even with smaller enemies. The game's combat now has an added layer of depth and strategy- you have to watch your enemies movements and hit them a certain way.The boss fights are also a blast, and make excellent, creative use of the motion controls. Ghirahim, Demise, Levias, and Koloktos are the highlithgts. There are also some really awesome moments in this game, like scaling soaring desert cliffs with the clawshots, speeding through an ancient shipyard on mine carts, flying through the vast sky on your loftwing. The Silent Realms, which are a new addition to the series, are also awesome, and do a really good job of scaring the sh*t out of you!
    The story is very well done- this is one of the most story-driven zelda games, with a more extensive use of cinematic cutscenes and a strong narrative. Without any spoilers, its great, and works as a great set-up for the series. There are some really emotional moments, and its filled with great, unique characters. Groose is awesome! He gets his own story arc which even leads to some surprisingly emotional scenes. Even Link is more expressive this time! This is the best depiction of Link and Zelda in the whole series in my opinion. Yes, this is more linear than most zeldas, but it allows for a very cinematic, story-driven experience while still feeling like an actual video GAME.
    The music in this game, while not quite living up to other 3D zeldas, is outstanding and varied. The soundtrack ranges from epic orchestral pieces, to catchy rural tunes, to oriental-inspired themes, and all in all its fantastic.
    One of the best things about this game is its sheer creativity and vision. They really wanted to create a unique experience, and succeeded in every way! From new, incredibly creative game mechanics like the time-shift stones, to the revolutionary motion controls, the new items, to all the new additions they've added to the zelda formula. Also, some of the ideas and designs are so imaginative its crazy!! For example, there's a large sequence in the game where you hunt down ancient robot pirates on an invisible japanese-style ship across a sea of sand using stones that send you to the past. It doesn't get much more creative than that, and its incredibly awesome to witness! Overall, Skyward Sword is a truly awesome game, and the people who don't like it are, most often, ignorant fools who either A) have wireless internet in the vicinity interfering with the motion controls, B) don't know how to use motion controls (the vast majority), C) are nostalgia-blinded morons who say "ooh, its too linear...", or D) are Sony and Xbox fanboys.
  45. Dec 7, 2014
    Controls are awesome. Visuals and story are best in the series. Sure it's a little more linear but I think it a change for the best. Stop reading this review and go buy it, it's not very expensive on half.com or Amazon.
  46. Dec 27, 2014
    The game is perfect. The controls are great,the story was awesome,the art style was beautiful, and everything else was great a awesome game. The one bad thing Fi but only during the first part. Still i love the game as much or more than Ocarina of Time.
  47. Jan 11, 2015
    Skyward Sword is a fantastic game, and my personal favorite in the series. The elegant and engaging control system is what makes this game my most cherished in the series. The dungeon and puzzle designs are top notch, and the boss fights are thrilling. The art style is beautiful and unique. There are some minor flaws such as the occasional control hiccup, a general lack of meatySkyward Sword is a fantastic game, and my personal favorite in the series. The elegant and engaging control system is what makes this game my most cherished in the series. The dungeon and puzzle designs are top notch, and the boss fights are thrilling. The art style is beautiful and unique. There are some minor flaws such as the occasional control hiccup, a general lack of meaty exploration (likely due to the limitations of Wii hardware), unpolished graphics in some places and some backtracking, but overall the game is a masterpiece. 11/10. Expand
  48. Jan 17, 2015
    It amazes me how every Legend of Zelda game has been an incredible masterpiece. There is nothing bad I can say about this game. If you own a Wii, you have to own this.
  49. May 19, 2015
    This is hands down my favorite Zelda game of all time. This game looks fantastic with it looking like a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The controls were great too with the Wii Motion Plus and it really makes me feel like I'm wielding the Master Sword. This game has really brilliant dungeons and for once, the Water Temple doesn't suck! My favorite part of this game is the storyThis is hands down my favorite Zelda game of all time. This game looks fantastic with it looking like a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The controls were great too with the Wii Motion Plus and it really makes me feel like I'm wielding the Master Sword. This game has really brilliant dungeons and for once, the Water Temple doesn't suck! My favorite part of this game is the story and character development. This game has an incredibly compelling plot and it would still feel like a Zelda game all the way through. When it comes to character development, you actually have a reason to save Zelda, other than her just being the damsel in distress or something. If I can describe this game in one word, it would be "Masterpiece". This was a perfectly fitting game to come out in the franchise's 25th anniversary. Expand
  50. Nov 30, 2015
    amei, simplesmente o melhor jogo que eu já joguei até hoje, tem uma linda história, um jogo muito bem feito e criativo, o jogo usa todo o poder dos controles com wii motion plus, o jogo também tem uma linda trilha sonora, recomendo pra quem gosta de jogos de aventura e goste de muitos segredos dentro do jogo.
  51. Mar 22, 2015
    I've never played a game with such fantastic controls and gameplay as this. Skyward Sword amazed me at every turn from its thrilling story to its shocking plot twists (does that count as a spoiler?) and its Wind Waker-esque art style. Skyward Sword takes the best from all the Zelda games (except for the three-day cycle, that is) and makes it bigger and better than ever before. The combatI've never played a game with such fantastic controls and gameplay as this. Skyward Sword amazed me at every turn from its thrilling story to its shocking plot twists (does that count as a spoiler?) and its Wind Waker-esque art style. Skyward Sword takes the best from all the Zelda games (except for the three-day cycle, that is) and makes it bigger and better than ever before. The combat is improved and the motion controls add new life to an already great franchise. Skyward Sword is one word: outstanding. Expand
  52. Apr 1, 2015
    The fact that this game has a 7.9 user rating suprises me. I am not a veteran Zelda player, skyward sword was my first Zelda game, so I have no idea how it compares to other in the series. That being said, this game is amazing. The story, the characters, the pacing are all perfect, however the gameplay is where it shines the most. Using the motion controls of the Wii, skyward sword makesThe fact that this game has a 7.9 user rating suprises me. I am not a veteran Zelda player, skyward sword was my first Zelda game, so I have no idea how it compares to other in the series. That being said, this game is amazing. The story, the characters, the pacing are all perfect, however the gameplay is where it shines the most. Using the motion controls of the Wii, skyward sword makes you feel like you are actually swinging a sword, using a bow, controlling objects and many other things. This game is the best game I have ever played. Expand
  53. Apr 26, 2015
    I loved this game, but oh my god the amount of people around here just ripping IGN here makes me want to cry. Come on people, you're making us look bad,
  54. Jul 29, 2015
    Just a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    iiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll masterpiece.
  55. May 31, 2015
    nota 9,5 Un control perfecto
    nota 9,5 Un control perfecto
    Zelda skyward llego a la wii para demostrar el potencial de la consola, el uso del wiimote en su perfección y una ves mas nintendo demuestra por que es la reina de la innovaccion creando un entretenido y único uno de los grandes de wii bueno, quiero hablarles de los puntos negativos del juego, demasiado lineal nuevamente el mismo problema que tenia twilight princess, se pierde mucho el tema de exploración en el juego y para los jugadores avanzados se les hace muy fácil lograr los objetivos demasiado tutorial en el juego te explican hasta lo mas sencillo y eso quita mucho tiempo de juego, esta bien que nintendo quiera entrar a las nuevas generaciones a la saga zelda y es un buen juego para empesar con esta maravillosa franquicia pero para los mas veteranos se nos hace un poco tedioso lo que es el tutorial vamos con los puntos que me maravillaron del juego, mazmorras para mi son una de la mejores de la saga zelda, con puzzles muy entretenidos que explotan el wiimote al máximo una gran
  56. Oct 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The legend of zelda skyward sword is in my opinion the best wii game and one of the greatest games of all time. Right from the beginning you know the game will be incredible. The stunning cutscenes in the first hour in the game are mind blowing and suck you into the world of skyloft and for the first time in a while it makes you care about the NPCs in skyloft. The big issue people had with this game had to be the motion controls. Well to put it bluntly it was either you or the controller because the controls for me worked perfectly. The story starts off a bit slow but its still great. Zelda invites you to the statue for some flying practice before the ceremony but your bird is nowhere to be found you then confront a bully named groose who actually hid your bird, you find it win the ceremony but zelda gets sucked into a tornado to the surface after you wake up Fi guides you to the statue you get a sword and begin your adventure. The surface is divided into faron woods, eldin volcano and lanayru desert with multiple challenges in ecah but that will be too long to explain. Just play it Expand
  57. Oct 21, 2015
    Best game of 2011 by far and my second favorite Wii game and Zelda game of all time. The controls work almost flawlessly, the story and characters are fantastic, sure there are flaws no game is perfect, flying can be a bit frustrating at times, having to recalibrate the wiimote can be a little annoying, not to me though, but the positives outpace the negatives by too much, this games isBest game of 2011 by far and my second favorite Wii game and Zelda game of all time. The controls work almost flawlessly, the story and characters are fantastic, sure there are flaws no game is perfect, flying can be a bit frustrating at times, having to recalibrate the wiimote can be a little annoying, not to me though, but the positives outpace the negatives by too much, this games is amazing, 100% recommended if you own a Wii or WiiU. Expand
  58. Dec 7, 2015
    Seriously this game is just amazing, mainly the gameplay with the FANTASTIC dungeons and the new additions to the zelda series, the saires, the item management (in general, how and where you use your items, the customization,etc..), AND THE BEST OF ALL THE SWORDHANDLING (it is so fun, I think it's one of the most immersive games in history). The strory is also a decent one, with explainingSeriously this game is just amazing, mainly the gameplay with the FANTASTIC dungeons and the new additions to the zelda series, the saires, the item management (in general, how and where you use your items, the customization,etc..), AND THE BEST OF ALL THE SWORDHANDLING (it is so fun, I think it's one of the most immersive games in history). The strory is also a decent one, with explaining partially how the zelda universe began, with some cool characters. the music is also very good, it seems that it is just a little bit too quite (or subtile ?) for some heavy metal fans (no hate I actually like heavy metal). The only thing I have to complain about (in comparison to the other Zelda games) is the lack of side-quests-and-characters, the 3 areas that you visit during your adventure, in contrast to the overworld, are very desert, and have litteraly no life in it, no side charachters that you spend some time with. But seriously who gave these bad scores to the game ? I think personnaly that they are some lazy people (again, no hate i'm lazy too, hope you understand) who want to complain about everything, even about things that are not complainable (like the controlls of this game)
    , no serioulsy start criticising your own physical (or mental, both are in most cases relied) handicape that makes you inable to move your arm properly, and actually enjoying this game.
  59. Nov 2, 2015
    The best game ever made in my opinion. From the instant i turned it on couldn't turn it off by far the best game on the Wii a must have for any adventure fan.
  60. Dec 11, 2015
    By far my favorite video game of all time! It has an amazing story, incredible gameplay, and of course AMAZING MUSIC, I would say the music is best in the series. seriously I can't recommend this game enough!
  61. Dec 15, 2015
    para mi fue un juego visualmente una obra de arte graficamente es mejor que twilght princess jugablemente es mejory su historia es hermosa un juego que donde los pozzles son de lo mejor de los ultimos tiempos
  62. Feb 24, 2016
    ai esta o jogo que fica empatado em primeiro de melhor jogo de todos os tempos, que é. the legend of zelda twilight princess. o skyward sword foi um jogo bem inovador da série, sem falar na criatividade de criar uma cidade no céu.
    o jogo presenta diversas qualidades como: ótima história, jogabilidade ótima, vários personagens, escudos que quebram com uma certa quantidade de danos e sua linda trilha sonora. fico em duvida de qual é melhor, se é skyward sword ou twilight princess, pois cada um ganha em uma coisa.
  63. Feb 25, 2016
    I played in a friends house, I fall in love with the game and I bought the console. At the beguinnin I felt the story mode sort of easy but after have finished it I played it in hero mode and it was amazing. I enjoyed hours and hours.The best game in that gen.
  64. Mar 10, 2016
    Skyward Sword had a lot to ride on it. And it definitely lives up to the hype. Nothing truly describes the art that is the Skyward Sword. As the game that must serve the role to tell the beginning of a legend, and a game that must continue a legend, Skyward Sword absolutely absorbed me into it's story, it's world. Nothing has ever been like it. And I don't think anything will ever be like it.
  65. Apr 22, 2016
    me encanto, mi juero favorito, supero por muchoa ocarina of time, ecepto en la historia pero en lo demas por supuesto que si, el control funciona a la perfecccion, nintendo son unos genios al adaptar el wii remote al el juego, las graficas de lo mejor, y al fin hay una tienda y no millones de tiendas inutiles, ahora zelda es mucho mas dificil que antes ya que la inteligencia artificial deme encanto, mi juero favorito, supero por muchoa ocarina of time, ecepto en la historia pero en lo demas por supuesto que si, el control funciona a la perfecccion, nintendo son unos genios al adaptar el wii remote al el juego, las graficas de lo mejor, y al fin hay una tienda y no millones de tiendas inutiles, ahora zelda es mucho mas dificil que antes ya que la inteligencia artificial de los enemigos es la mejor, los admiro nintendo por tan maravilloso juego Expand
  66. Apr 23, 2016
    the legend of zelda: skyward sword é incrível, uma obra de arte, a jogabilidade funciona muito bem, lutas contra bosses divertidas e bacanas menos as batalhas com o aprisionado que chegam a ser repetitivas puzzels e dungeons bem produzidos trilha, sonora maravilhosa, personagens bem feitos o gráfico é bem bonito.
  67. Jul 13, 2016
    Ain't the best out of the series but don't get mad cause this is my 3rd favorite series and I gave this game a 10 so this series is AMAZING! The controls are well the story and gameplay well keep you entertained for hours upon days!
  68. Jun 19, 2016
    Com uma utilização ótima dos controles de movimento, a melhor historia já contada em toda a franquia de The Legend of Zelda e gráficos que mais parecem uma obra de arte: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword é meu jogo favorito de todos os tempos. 300% Must have.
  69. Jun 27, 2016
    This game...is amazing on probaly every level. How could there be negative reviews of this game, if it's the motion controls then that's bullcrap. The graphics are breathtaking, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story was great, the puzzles were hard, and the action was awesome. Yeah the controls can be messy at times but why complain about that when there's soThis game...is amazing on probaly every level. How could there be negative reviews of this game, if it's the motion controls then that's bullcrap. The graphics are breathtaking, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story was great, the puzzles were hard, and the action was awesome. Yeah the controls can be messy at times but why complain about that when there's so much more positive about this masterpiece. If you haven't played it, do yourself a huge favor and do it. Expand
  70. Jul 15, 2016
    (BTW small spoilers, like very small. Like, nothing you wouldn't know after the first dungeon. Either way, you probably all ready knew them before reading this) A masterpiece. One of My favorite games of all time, my second favorite zelda game, as well as just video game in general, and the margin between it and wind waker isn't even that big. It easily has the best combat in the series,(BTW small spoilers, like very small. Like, nothing you wouldn't know after the first dungeon. Either way, you probably all ready knew them before reading this) A masterpiece. One of My favorite games of all time, my second favorite zelda game, as well as just video game in general, and the margin between it and wind waker isn't even that big. It easily has the best combat in the series, with intuitive motion controls that are fun, challenging, responsive, and immersive. The story is very emotional, with some of the best story telling in the series, Ghirahims an amazing villain, the relationship shown between link and zelda is soooo cute, and heartwarming, zelda fans will gush over all the lore given in this installment, skyloft is full of fun and rewarding side quest (BTW, give the letter to Karane, you'll know what i mean), the dungeons and bosses are some of the best in the series, It looks beautiful, it has the hands down best soundtrack not only in the series, but in video games as a whole (in my opinion) with ballad of the being goddess's my favorite zelda song ever. My only real problem was with the skydiving, but it only had to be precise enough for it to be annoying once or twice within the story,so it wasn't a problem. In the end, this is the kind of game the wii was made for. One that takes everything that we love from the series, mixes it up just enough to be different, but little enough to keep what makes it so great, and adds the most fun motion controls you could think of. If you have a wii or wii u, and a wii-motion plus controller+ nunchuck, get this game in all it's glory, you will not regret it. Expand
  71. Aug 10, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best Zelda games ever made. The Wii motion plus makes combat both fun and difficult, and the game has a very interesting story.
  72. Aug 18, 2016
    By far, the best Zelda game ever. The controls are amazing. People hate the controls because the tend to swing it at a **** 250km/hr. The music is stunning, and the visuals make you orgasm. 10/10
  73. Sep 6, 2016
    This is a truly wonderful game. One of the best I've ever played. It is loaded with epic moments against incredibly-designed enemies, wonderful sword fights that actually feel like swashbuckling -- actually dealing with thrust/parry/swipe quick decisions instead of the "sit there with your shield up until they open up to an attack" characteristic of all other games in this genre --This is a truly wonderful game. One of the best I've ever played. It is loaded with epic moments against incredibly-designed enemies, wonderful sword fights that actually feel like swashbuckling -- actually dealing with thrust/parry/swipe quick decisions instead of the "sit there with your shield up until they open up to an attack" characteristic of all other games in this genre -- head-scratching puzzles, clever relics and wonderful new world mechanics at every phase of the game.

You'll feel the full range of emotions you can get from video games -- the rush of feeling so incredibly powerful; The terror of impossible odds and the relief from overcoming them; the joy of getting to play with a new toy every hour or so; a sense of wonder from exploring the beautiful world designed for this game; both happiness and sadness from the wonderful story; the sheer frustration from some of the most difficult enemies near the end of the game, versus the overwhelming sense of accomplishment when you defeat them.

In the game's predecessor, Twilight Princess, the motion controls felt slapped on. In Skyward Sword, the game is designed around the motion controls, and many of the controls don't feel like they could really be replicated without them. They're very intuitive; my only complaint is at times they can be finicky -- i.e. they don't always respond to what you're *thinking* -- for example, you are thinking "swipe this way" but occasionally instead it swipes a different way. But the game is fun enough that even this seems to be a minor frustration compared to how much the game ROCKS.

Not quite perfect, but just about as close as it gets.
  74. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is great but not perfect, there's a little backtracking but the beautiful gmeplay and story usually makes up for it. A sold A- nintendo, thanks again
  75. Jan 5, 2012
    This game is great, and in my mind re-legitimatizes the Wii. The main thing I was happy with in this game was the controls, they are wonderful! The story great, and predictable of course, and winding your way through settings is super fun. This game can get frustrating, but no matter what your having fun.
  76. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect control's, brilliant story, unique gameplay and a fantastic story come together to create a masterpiece. If you own a Wii, you have no reason NOT to own this!
  77. Dec 7, 2011
    Easily the second best 3D Zelda. It has the most focus on puzzles throughout the entire game than any other Zelda. The Wii m otion plus is actually pretty decent, and provides an interesting combat system that we haven't seen before, and actually, one that I would really like to see again, if they could do it in a unique way. The only problem people seem to have is that trying to stabEasily the second best 3D Zelda. It has the most focus on puzzles throughout the entire game than any other Zelda. The Wii m otion plus is actually pretty decent, and provides an interesting combat system that we haven't seen before, and actually, one that I would really like to see again, if they could do it in a unique way. The only problem people seem to have is that trying to stab sometimes doesn't work very well. If you stab a little bit more slowly you can usually get it to work consistently, but that's easy to say when I'm not in the heat of combat. But other than that the slicing motions are very responsive and they do exactly what you intend them to do. It also does not have any kind of filler material to the degree some of the other Zelda games had, such as Wind Waker's long sailing distances. There are some slightly long flight distances but honestly it only takes about two minutes or so if I were to guess to fly from one side of the map to the other. So we're not talking anywhere NEAR in the range of Wind Waker's sailing distances. This Zelda game also focused on side quests more than most Zelda games, but still nowhere near the amount of side quests Majora's Mask had. I would like to see another Zelda with Majora's Mask level side quests and non-linearity. The reason I can't give this game a perfect 10 is, well, it's not perfect. The problems I have are very minor, such as the stabbing problem, Fi talking too much and spoiling some puzzles, having to recalibrate the motion plus occasionally, the long intro that the game has, etc. but I wouldn't even be comfortable giving this game a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  78. May 23, 2012
    so many things were changed, and upgraded in this game, i love the story, BUT. why it didn't get a perfect score, the controls are a pain sometimes. now not complaining i love the challenge of actually controlling a sword to kill your foes. unfortunately its very upsetting sometimes when it doesn't do what you wanted it to do
  79. Nov 20, 2011
    FULL REVIEW HERE: http://richardharo.tumblr.com/post/12969000003/50-hours-of-skyward-sword-later-here-are-my-final#notes

Skyward Sword has many great puzzles, some amazing boss fights (the six armed Buddha and the fabulous Ghirahim spring to mind) and some of the most memorable locations in Zelda history, such as the pirate ship dungeon. It doesnâ
  80. Nov 21, 2011
    While I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzlesWhile I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzles are new, the characters are new, the world is new and even the story is new. Everything feels very fresh and rich, like the first time we touched upon Ocarina of Time in 1998.

Not everything is perfect, so a full 10 is out of the question. The controls are a bit clunky and the Wii Motion Plus only adds painful muscles to the experience, the new companion is also rather annoying and feels like a copy of GlaDos from portal.

However, the faults are too small to actually ruin the game for me and Skyward Sword makes the franchise fresh for another 25 years.
  81. Nov 3, 2015
    Almost on par with Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, but the gimmicky wii motion controls can be troublesome at times, especially in the most dire situations.
  82. Mar 4, 2012
    Skyward Sword was meant for the Wii. Motion controls for this game have been perfected and the game-play is among the best in the entire series. Though the story of Skyward Sword doesn't compare to that of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, to me it held its own with the new dungeon system requiring the completion of puzzles leading up to the dungeon as well as in the dungeon itself.Skyward Sword was meant for the Wii. Motion controls for this game have been perfected and the game-play is among the best in the entire series. Though the story of Skyward Sword doesn't compare to that of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, to me it held its own with the new dungeon system requiring the completion of puzzles leading up to the dungeon as well as in the dungeon itself. I also really enjoyed the ability to collect resources to upgrade weapons and equipment. I would highly recommend this game to anyone wanting a good game for the Wii and definitely to fans of the Legend of Zelda series. Expand
  83. Feb 11, 2012
    Oh and stop **** about the damn controls... You **** are probably just swinging your Wiimotes wildly like jackass 4 yr olds... Take your time and play like you are actually holding a sword. The realness of gameplay is there if you do this. People can not even swing a full size sword like you can with a controller. Why is Link any different??
  84. May 8, 2012
    All the Zelda magic but with a fantastic new control system. It's hard to imagine a better implementation of the Wii motion controller. I've played every Zelda game since Link to the Past and this is a another superb entry to the series. A tighter, less open game structure than Twilight Princess is the only downside. Still one of the best games in existence.
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is amazing, I'm not sure what the people who are complaining about the controls are talking about, they work fine for me. Definately a GOTY contender.
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    Have been playing this for 30 hours now, completing the sixth dungeon. It is very difficult to state this is the best Zelda ever. You can observe it in two ways; is it the best Zelda gameplaywise and technically? Yes, it is. It has the gameplay of all the Zelda games and has the best graphics and power. Some dungeondesigns are pretty good. I am pleased they attempted to use moreHave been playing this for 30 hours now, completing the sixth dungeon. It is very difficult to state this is the best Zelda ever. You can observe it in two ways; is it the best Zelda gameplaywise and technically? Yes, it is. It has the gameplay of all the Zelda games and has the best graphics and power. Some dungeondesigns are pretty good. I am pleased they attempted to use more dungeonthemes than just the standard earthelements like forest, water, fire. This time you will use more creative elements like timeshiftstones and pirates. Also the motion controls adds more feel to the game. This is easily the best motion game out there, because it works. the swordfighting is very responsive and I always get an exciting feeling when approaching an enemy, even after 30 hours. You fight only because it's fun while you can just run away. Only Nintendo is able to do this in this video game generation. The graphics are the best in a Zeldagame yet. It combines Windwaker with Twilight Princess and adds a waterpainting feeling to it when watching in the distance. The closer you are to an object, the sharper it gets. although, sometimes it is just a pixelmess.

And then there is another way to review this game. Nintendo already knew fans wanted some changes in the Zeldaformula. You can see they tried with this game. But the things they tried, like returning to already done dungeons, an upgradesystem for your items like shields, potions and the beetle, adding a staminameter, collecting upgradeitems, are not the most creative elements out there in the game. This has already done many times before, therefore it adds no new feeling to it really. It feels like a combination of some old gameplaymechanics with the Zelda-formula (Darksiders gave me the same feeling, combines Zelda with god of war). the changes didn't really stunned me in a way the older Zeldagames did when they were new. It is often predictable what to do when you're stuck, like looking to the ceiling or use the new item you get, because you recognize the situation, it feels very familiar. Of course, some people will only appreciate this nostalgia-feeling. But I already thought Zelda TP felt to familiar and therefore the puzzels were easy. This Zelda has gone some changes in the original formula, but not enough. Don't ask me what is necessary to give a Zelda game a whole new feeling to it but at the same time also feels like a Zelda-game, that is for Nintendo to find out. This is CERTAINLY not a bad game! Gameplaywise it is still one of the best games this game-moviegeneration. But is doesn't stunned me like Mario Galaxy did compared to other Mario-games. Galaxy felt VERY creative, did many things new and still felt like a Mario-game. It is time for the next Zelda to do the same. I heard Miyamoto is leading the first Zelda HD. I can't wait to see what they will do with this one.
  87. Nov 25, 2011
    To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles.To everyone giving this game a 0 out of 10, all I can say is "haters gonna hate". Most likely xbox and ps3 fanboys who are angry at the 95 score critics gave this. That or trolls, always the trolls. Anyway I have been a hard core gamer for years. I grew up on Nintendo and slowly moved over to the way of the PC. I still buy Nintendo systems simply for Super Mario and Zelda titles. That being said, I'm glad I never got rid of my wii. I'm about 7 hours into skyward sword and I have totally fallen in love with it. It feels like you are playing through one of Disney's better animated films. The game starts off a little slow in skyloft but about 2 hours into it, it becomes one hell of ride. I'm having a great deal of fun with the motion controls and the over all level design. The small tweaks like upgradeable weapons and armor, limited inventory, and stamina may alienate a few hardcore zelda fans but, I personally feel this adds a whole new dept and challenge to the zelda formula. Having to watch enemy movement and using precise sword strikes is so much more fun than I thought it would be. I guess my only few small gripes with this game so far is the lack of voice acting, and the fact that I can't really be relaxed while playing it. Your movements have to be broad sometimes so its not something you can just sit back and play. I also think the soundtrack is a bit underwhelming. Especially since its from the team that gave us the fantastic music for Super Mario Galaxy. Last is the visuals. I know its a wii game and I honestly love the watercolor look but, on my 46'' LCD tv it can look a little ugly up close. Good graphics don't make a game though, its the story, game play, and overall immersion that does. Zelda delivers this by the buckets. So to all the haters, go back and play your bland and boring call of dutys and gears of war. To any TRUE unbiased gamer who wants to experience something truly unique and innovating, pick up Skyward Sword and you wont regret it. Expand
  88. Dec 9, 2011
    Is is wrong to mark a game down for only being 98% pure awesome? Skyward Sword takes a little while to get going and once it does it's not exactly at a breakneck pace. With about 40-50 hours for a first play through (and hero mode if you feel like a second) it's not a game your going to knock over in a weekend, but it is definitely a fun experience throughout and a wonderful change of paceIs is wrong to mark a game down for only being 98% pure awesome? Skyward Sword takes a little while to get going and once it does it's not exactly at a breakneck pace. With about 40-50 hours for a first play through (and hero mode if you feel like a second) it's not a game your going to knock over in a weekend, but it is definitely a fun experience throughout and a wonderful change of pace from Shooter Season 2011 :/. The controls are generally quite good, with the 1:1 swordplay working well and being used smartly and creatively throughout the game. That said there is still some waggle action to had here, so your motions don't have to be prefect all the time, but most enemies will punish you if slice the wrong way too often and there are some basic physics in play that cause enemies / objects to get knocked / thrown in the direction of your attack. The art style / graphics are a bit of a matter of taste; personally I would have preferred something little darker; but they are generally very good (just look away whenever someone 'sings') with areas like those around timeshift stones (especially the portable variety) and the final boss fight being particular highlights. Speaking of timeshift stones there are some great new mechanics is Skyward Sword, some a little under developed, but most proving quite enjoyable. There is also the new upgrade system, which works well in the early game, but by about mid game you'll have all the resources you need to max out pretty much all your gear... this does give you plenty of time at 'full power' I suppose, but it would have been nice to see a few more items / upgrade options. Gameplay overall is what you would expect from a Zelda game, with enemies to fight, temples to explore, puzzles to solve (though none especially difficult) and treasures to find. Of particular note are the boss fights, all of which range from excellent to awesome, and most of which can be repeated (if you want) through a mini game towards the end. The world is well designed and some of the temples are truly excellent, however it can't help but feel small with Skyloft being mostly empty sky and only three distinct environments down below. The main areas down below are visited numerous times (though usually with changes, some quite significant) throughout the story, however there are still new areas that unlock right until the end of the game so the world never gets entirely stale. The story is your usual 'hero saves the princess from the evil monster' variety, but it is well told, and there are side missions you can do around Skyloft that help flesh-out a lot of the minor characters. While not being quite perfect, Skyward Sword is definitely a worthy entry in the Zelda series and worth playing if only to experience some of the greatest moments in gaming this year. A must play for anyone who still has a Wii. Expand
  89. Nov 29, 2011
    This is a very good game but it isnt perfect like so many people are saying. Ive played every Zelda game before this one and I would put this one third in the series (behind OT and MM which are as close to perfect as any games ever been) mainly because of a couple irks I have with it. The motion control takes time to learn but once I figured out to swing my whole arm and not just flick itThis is a very good game but it isnt perfect like so many people are saying. Ive played every Zelda game before this one and I would put this one third in the series (behind OT and MM which are as close to perfect as any games ever been) mainly because of a couple irks I have with it. The motion control takes time to learn but once I figured out to swing my whole arm and not just flick it like in TP it worked fine. Dungeon design in this game is by far the best of the series and a couple of the boss fights will leave your jaw dropped (Bhudda / Final boss). Now my irks, which are small compared to what this game does right but there nontheless. The story is fine, it was just too predictable. This ones probably my fault and no fault of the game but I guessed the "twist" in the game and the ending scene before they happened, so it kinda made me feel empty when they happened with nothing else. The biggest problem I had was with the music and let me clarify this, the music was different in that it was all orchestral but in doing so there were no new original tracks that really caught my attention and actually took away from the atmosphere of the game. It was too cheery, all the time (even during the boss fights). I actually believe that if they had original NON ORCHESTRAL scores and side quests as vast as MM then this would have been a perfect game, but alas not. Overall though very good Zelda experiance and definately one of the top games in the series, just not perfect yet. Expand
  90. Nov 23, 2011
    I gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the oldI gotta say this is my first zelda game since NES and was the a big fan of the original Zelda games. This has a different way on puzzle work and combat play. I just wish they didn't cater too much for kids too much because I feel most wii games now are too forgiving and easy with a lot of hints. I wish they also incorporated a sense of mystery in the wii games of today, like in the old zelda games that had so many trap doors and secrets at every corner, had a room that traps you by you ending up in the same room endlessly if you pick the wrong sequence of doors to open. The boss battles are enjoyable due to the wii nunchuck though getting the right camera angle while moving around is still a pain. The story for this game is very kiddish where you wonder how Zelda could move ahead of you so fast going into dungeons, lava filled volcano areas, underwater areas and monster filled areas and coming out unharmed while you have to look tirelessly for dungeon keys and getting the right equipment to progress the game. Maybe Link is the one that needs protecting. I won't knock the game because its story is geared towards kids so I'm giving it a 9 for control innovation, mini-games innovation, dungeon puzzles were a little challenging, mini-games a little challenging. Just wish they made this game more challenging by bigger boss battles, more challenging hidden stuff and areas, less hints, less childish and include the old NES Zelda dungeon music in dungeons. Expand
  91. Nov 28, 2011
    The game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few newThe game starts off really slow (takes 1-2 hours before your even in the first dungeon) which will probably put off Zelda beginners, but if you liked past Zelda games there's no reason why you won't like this. It even has the potential to be your favourite in the series. The style is great and controls were perfectly (although may take some time getting use to). They also add a few new ideas to puzzle solving and combat, making it a fresher experience from previous games in the series. The story is one highlight of the game, but what I enjoyed the most was the sidequests and collectibles. I always like finding pieces of heart, but this time there's also the Goddess Cubes for you to find and the gratitude crystals for you to collect. One bad point is the feeling of emptyness while flying around the sky world. There's hardly any islands for you to visit with things to do, but Skyloft (the biggest island) is full of life and extra tasks for you to do.

It's not my personal favourite in the series, but it's definitely an enjoyable one. The game doesn't change too much to make it unrelatable to previous Zelda games, but enough to make it a fresh experience.
  92. Nov 20, 2011
    I like how you can't always just defeat the enemy by waving the wii remote about, as many enemies require thought to defeat. Liked collecting items needed to upgrade my weapons and such, as well as the games setting, which is a colourful and vibrant world, with interesting characters. An excellent addition to the Zelda series, and you will get good value for money from this game, as you'dI like how you can't always just defeat the enemy by waving the wii remote about, as many enemies require thought to defeat. Liked collecting items needed to upgrade my weapons and such, as well as the games setting, which is a colourful and vibrant world, with interesting characters. An excellent addition to the Zelda series, and you will get good value for money from this game, as you'd expect from a quality title such as this. Expand
  93. Nov 30, 2011
    Good game not better than ocarina of time. People who say the controls dont work are dumb **** The only time when the controls get bad is when you switch items. the graphics in the game are alright gameplay feels a little different from past games. The only complaint I have with the game is that its too easy.
  94. Nov 20, 2011
    Ok so I got this game a few days ago and still have a long way to go but I had to write a review in response to so many people who rated this 0. 0? seriously are you really that bitter that you think this game has absolutely nothing to offer? even if you think you are too grown up to play Zelda (im 27 and I can swallow my pride to play a less mature game) and you think the graphics look aOk so I got this game a few days ago and still have a long way to go but I had to write a review in response to so many people who rated this 0. 0? seriously are you really that bitter that you think this game has absolutely nothing to offer? even if you think you are too grown up to play Zelda (im 27 and I can swallow my pride to play a less mature game) and you think the graphics look a few years old you have to admit that the game play and the controls are quite spectacular, the experience it creates for the first time with motion controls gives a sense of reality that all these other high end graphics button bashing games can't achieve. Yes the formula of quirky characters, dungeons and puzzles is similar to previous Zelda titles but why break a wining formula. Any one who is unsure about this game don't listen to the 0 reviews they are people who are more entertained by style rather then substance (not that this game doesnt have style). I will say that it takes a few hours to really get in to the game as the first part introduces the story and controls. This game isnt perfect and in my opinion so far doesnt deserve 10/10 but not many games do but there are several moments in the game that are 10/10 and unrivalled by any game on any other system purely because of the unique controls. I want to see more games use this control system and yes it would be good to have better graphics and some blood and gore but not in a Zelda game. I was playing Skyrim all last week and was addicted but I cant go back to it until Zelda is completed because pointing in the right direction and bashing a button seems so unsophisticated now. The only thing that bugs me about this game is not so much the graphics but that the Wii doesnt support HD so doesnt do the art style of the game any justice. Expand
  95. Nov 20, 2011
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system. Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI Story-driven campaign Upgrading/crafting system. What is preserved from earlier installments: Enemy types Dungeon exploration and puzzles. Auto-jump Item types Protagonists Other common themes from previous titles. Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music. Criticisms:
    What's new: Enhanced controls.
    New graphics.
    Improved combat system.
    Different means of over-world travel. Challenging AI
    Story-driven campaign
    Upgrading/crafting system.

What is preserved from earlier installments:
    Enemy types
    Dungeon exploration and puzzles.
    Auto-jump
    Item types
    Protagonists
    Other common themes from previous titles.

Significant Pros: Story, Combat, Music.
    Criticisms: Controls at times, too precise. Over-world movement. Overall: 9. An improved installment in a classic series.
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    Right. So I'm kind of a big zelda fanboy and I've grown up with the franchise since Ocarina of Time. I have to say that Skyward sword and Twilight Princess are my second and third favorite games of the series. I would give this game a 10 for it's so-far excellent story, but there is one thing that kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I usually pay attention to the plots of the game ratherRight. So I'm kind of a big zelda fanboy and I've grown up with the franchise since Ocarina of Time. I have to say that Skyward sword and Twilight Princess are my second and third favorite games of the series. I would give this game a 10 for it's so-far excellent story, but there is one thing that kind of ruins the gameplay for me. I usually pay attention to the plots of the game rather than it's controls, but the wii motion controls for Skyward sword really iritathttp://i.imgur.com/5uTTP.pnges me. Like it really really /really/ irritates me. I've gone through the first temple today and I don't think I've ever raged like that over a video games controls before. I'm not sure if it's the console's or the game's fault, but in my personal opinion I just think that the wii motion controls for this game are just terrible. I honestly wished they had an option to pick whether you want to play with the standard joystick or use the motion sensors, because I would have picked the joystick in a heartbeat. But I guess you just have to make due with what you got. Maybe some people have had the same problems, maybe others don't have an issue with the controls at all. This is just from my perspective. As far as the graphics go. It's the same as Twilight Princess, which isn't really a bad thing at all. Unless cartoonish nintendo graphics bug you. So if I wanted to rate the game's story, controls/gameplay, and graphics in that order I would rate:

Story- 10 ( =D )
    Controls/Gameplay- 4 ( =/ )
    Graphics- 8 ( =) )

All in all, if your a zelda fan you should definitely get this game. I've really enjoyed it so far.
  97. Dec 27, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the first and only Zelda game built ground up for the Wii and makes extensive use of Wii Motion Plus in nearly every aspect of its designs. Overall I believe this to be among the better Zelda games and a significantly better game than the Wii version of Twilight Princess in terms of its controls and level design. I don't need to describe much else because if it's a ZeldaSkyward Sword is the first and only Zelda game built ground up for the Wii and makes extensive use of Wii Motion Plus in nearly every aspect of its designs. Overall I believe this to be among the better Zelda games and a significantly better game than the Wii version of Twilight Princess in terms of its controls and level design. I don't need to describe much else because if it's a Zelda game, they all follow the same design principles. What this one did right: The sword combat is the most engaging it's ever been. Every single enemy requires special attention in order to to be defeated. This includes proper sword swings and blocking/countering. Countering is especially neat, allowing you to stun enemies with a well-timed shield bash that deflects an attack, but a poorly timed one will still block an attack at the cost of shield integrity. The sword controls can be a bit much to get used to, but when I was more careful, swung with my whole arm and made more deliberate arm movements I found that accuracy of the sword fighting to be 100%. At worst when I was flicking my wrist around and flinching it was as low as 30%. It takes some practice and technique, but once mastered is a profoundly rewarding system. Going to back to earlier Zelda games, the combat suddenly feels empty and bland. Skyward Sword answers a question I didn't know I had, and this is one reason why Skyward Sword is perhaps the best 3D Zelda game yet. Another is the level design. There are only a few major areas, and each has a predictable theme you've already seen before. That doesn't really matter much in the long run. The environments are meticulously designed and incredibly well-used. As the game progressed, the environments changed in ways that surprised and impressed even me, a 20 year veteran on the series. The maps are also the most detailed, colorful and easy to use of any 3D Zelda. The dungeons are often brilliant. In many ways they are a return to basics, yet explore new avenues in their own ways. One aspect I was floored by is that enemies do not reappear after you've killed them unless you quit the game or leave the dungeon entirely. This lent a even more powerful sensation to combat, that each encounter was final and satisfying. The puzzles are really slick, in particular towards the end there is some of the best dungeon puzzles I've ever seen, and certainly the best incorporation of different items and skills together in the same breaths. The menus and interfaces for navigating your items are also the most accessible and don't hurt the flow of game, everything is seamless. The items feel great on the Wii motion plus, the bow packs a punch, the beetle is just sweet and other returning members such as the bombs have new functionality. The items all worked flawlessly for me, no control issues except for the occasional centering. Which brings to what the game did wrong: the really could have used the senor bar to auto-center the controller like Wii Sports Resort did. The camera was also an issue, at this point there really should be a comprehensive solution the a 3D camera and there isn't. No right stick, no D-pad control like many other superb Wii games have utilized. Nothing but Z-targeting and looking around in first person with C button. So in order to look at something, I have to either switch my method of viewing the world entirely and slowly turn towards it, or snap the camera around with the Z button, guessing which way exactly I need to face to get the best view. It's just clunky, they had five years to figure something out. I would have taken some simple rotation control on the D-Pad, and those buttons on the D-pad are not even used for anything. Very unfortunate. There's to much talking, the new side kick is a very, very talkative character and her text moves very, very slowly. Even mashing the A button barely speeds things up. At this point, we really outta be past the constant instruction. She even repeats the same blasted instructions you've heard before, just because well in case you forgot, ugh. Overall, I very much recommend Skyward Sword to any fan of action adventure and Zelda games. Ultimately, a willingness to learn new control schemes and adapt to them will be the best indicator, this game isn't for everyone. It's the toughest 3D Zelda yet, has the most moving soundtrack, has a fantastic new inventory and upgrading system and all kinds of other anachronistic features and elements that will polarize your emotions against themselves. It certainly did to me, and initially I didn't like Skyward Sword. In time it revealed itself to me, but not without some extra effort and tolerance on my end. Despite Nintendo's ultra-inclusive philosophies on design, the only Zelda game made for the Wii is also the most challenging. Skyward Sword is great both because and despite this. It will be loved and hated. For what it's worth, I found it a road well worth traveling. Expand
  98. Nov 21, 2011
    A Different, but still very good Zelda Game. I now play for 21 hours and the game is definitely a masterpiece. There are incorporated so many small elements that it is unique in its kind but I like the look, it fits Zelda and the game looks like a walking painting. As always, everything has a purpose and use in Zelda. The puzzles are great made â
  99. Nov 21, 2011
    great game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is alwaysgreat game because like what some of the reviewers are saying it feels like one big dungeon getting to the dungeon. controls are great but occasionally when drawing my sword it wasn't where i was pointing it. it seemed like it was doing opposite of my movements. instead of recalibrating i would go to item menu and recenter and everything would be great. one other small complaint is always hitting B to equipped the item that alrealy set on B. once it's set it should be set. also B should use the item instead of hitting B then A to shoot. but still a great game my fav is majora's mask then a tie between this and twilight princess. Expand
  100. Nov 21, 2011
    Nintendo is trying to innovate instead of creating another OoT clone; In my opinion, they've succeeded. The controls are well done, the story is great, the characters are nicely developed and likable. Instead of vast open unfilled areas they've condensed it to three areas that you visit multiple times, unlocking a new area each time. Some might consider this a 'lack of content', but thatNintendo is trying to innovate instead of creating another OoT clone; In my opinion, they've succeeded. The controls are well done, the story is great, the characters are nicely developed and likable. Instead of vast open unfilled areas they've condensed it to three areas that you visit multiple times, unlocking a new area each time. Some might consider this a 'lack of content', but that is just not true.
    I've heard a lot of people complain about the controls, but they are just waggling the wiimote like an idiot; It's very responsive and adds to the immersion.

I give this game a 9/10 with the only actual gripe I have with it being the amount of fetch quests.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.