7.9

1. Dec 21, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skywar Sword is incredible! This is the type of videogames that I like and find specially magical. From my perspective, this new generation of consoles (the ps3 and xbox) have gone far into destroying what I remember most proudly of what videogames were about, and what I remember about them, comes back from the days of the N64. It was all about, creativeness, crazy and memorable characters, also crazy and memorable places, and just simply pure unadult fun! Admittably this generation has its share of good and popular games, but they lack the escence of it all, atleast that is what I feel. Nintendo is the only company keeping up with this magic and Skyward Sword shows this every second while at the same time being intutive, new and fresh. In terms of gameplay, theirs simply no game like it, the Wiis motion plus adds so much to the game in terms of combat and gameplay mechanics. They are not perfect per say, but work pretty well and definately makes it more fun than its predessesors. Its level design is pure Nintendo brilliance. Its story is surprisingly emotional and memorable, at the end, it really maked me feel much more than many other games and this one doesnt even have voice acting, its just pure text. Its grahics are beautiful and artistic. In a generation were developers focus on being more realistic with each game, Skyward Sword is a gift from heaven and definately a game I am sure I am going to remember more in terms of its looks than those others gray and black games. Its music is also spectacular with some tunes being orchestrated; Zelda has always had great music and this one is no different. So in terms of basics, this game is outstanding, no matter from what angle, but the different details it offers makes it a true masterpiece. Its easily 30-35 hour adventure and considerably more with its hidden content, making it once again stand out from the rest of the pack in a time were games last 5-10 hours(call of duty), admittably a portion of the game felt like padding ( the third trip to the forest and volcano surfaces) but as an experience it holded incredibly strong during the entire game. This game its full of great moments, and it accomplishes so much more than most other games. I really liked this game alot! Is this the best Zelda? That is debatetable, as it also changes alot of of things that we are accostumed in the series and that may be welcomed differently by each person, but wether it is the best or not (i have not concluded, as each one is so outstanding in its own way) I from the bottom of my heart can conclude that this is a masterpiece of a game, and is so much more than alot of games that come everyday. My game of the year! Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Balancing the trolls. This game is a masterpiece in its own right. The franchise is the best at what it does: create a fun, intuitive adventure for children of any age.

This "grafix sux, same formula" crap is just a showcase of the kinds of people who would give this game a zero.

Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for
    the same formula? Why reinvent the wheel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Expand
  3. Nov 21, 2011
    I'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none of that seems to matter. This is by far in large of of the best looking games I have played this generation, Character models, expressions and animation are of a quality only normally seen in a Pixar movie, extremely emotive.

At first I thought the game play was a little clunky, being used to previous Zelda titles, but after realising the character moves more at a walking pace in doors and got out into the one world the controls are much more tight. Motion controls are very tight and having the option to reset the motion sensor with the d-pad makes the whole process super smooth. A lot of the fights difficulty does come from being able to swipe the correct way at the correct time but having just spent close to 50 hours in DarkSouls this is actually very similar to blocking an attack, rolling out of the way and then striking in a particular way at a specific moment. The motion controls simple add a heightened level of involvement and massively increased accuracy when aiming special items.

As far as pacing is concerned It is very well thought out. No dungeon so far has been too long or short and returning to old locations does not drag out like it did in Phantom Hour Glass. The closest experience I can think of is the way Metroid/Castlevania games pan out when finding new areas in old locations or better yet the way A Link to the Past did.

Zelda games weakest point for me in the past has been a lack of continuous story telling. This is actually one of Skyward Sword's best point's as the story is regularly and effectively updated and evolved as the game progresses. No longer are you simply told to go collect the 3 things and get absolutely no story updates until you have.

The cute scenes are of an exceptional quality that Dreamworks would be lucky to achieve - without the use of overpaid acting talent!

The game also has a fairly robust, if not a little simple, item upgrade system that adds another level of depth to game progression - money now feels useful for something other than absolutely necessary purchases.

So on the whole Zelda Skyward Sword is shaping up to be essentially the greatest game I've ever laid by hands on. What I have experienced thus far is certainly 10/10 but I'll update that should the latter half of the game make me change my mind. I somehow doubt that will be the case.
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    This game nears perfection. The impressionistic-style graphics, the epic orchestrated music, the tear-jerking story, the smooth-as-silk controls, everything in this game is nothing less than ART. Unfortunately, it's got some tiny little flaws that will be used to drag it down by the critics, but they're not really THAT important. This is not a game to be played, but a game to be appreciated.
  5. Nov 22, 2011
    Espectacular! desprende magia por todos sus pixeles, el gameplay es perfecto.... un juego envolvente, divertido desde el primer minuto. El mejor juego de esta generación sin lugar a dudas.

Perfecto
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    All of you absolute morons rating this a 0 need to stop being jealous that your PS3 and 360's cannot play this masterpiece. You're a cancer to gaming and I hope you all rot with your generic first-person shooters that you defend to the death, and yet bash real innovation like this game with its FLAWLESS controls, design, orchestrated music and 50-100 hours of gameplay. Long live Zelda and this game will sell MILLIONS thank god. Expand
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this game! The best Zelda game in history! The motion controls couldn't have been more perfect then they are now. The story is engaging and the music is top notch. Buy this ASAP!
  8. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the longest Zelda game. After the 6th Dungeon I thought the game was near the end In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that. 3 dragon quests then a triforce quest a total of 4 spirit leaf missions 3 imprisoned boss fights. completion time, 61. hrs WARNING!!!! Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over your progress.

Skyward Sword is like a semester of school
    first you solve a puzzle, then you are given that same puzzle with different variations.
    You are given chapters with weapons that solve these puzzles in a specific manner.
    You will then have to memorize these puzzles because you will be given a test to solve them again during the later levels. If you fail, you can look in the back of the book a la stone guide.

This is a game that works both your senses and your reflexes. Not too many games require this kind of skill. This game will be remembered far more than recent Zelda titles. It brings back the old spirit that was left behind during the snes days. Best of all, they brought back the beam that fires from the sword. This is the first 3d Zelda to include this mechanic.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    5 years in waiting for a console Legend of Zelda and by god, it is very satisfying to play a brand new Zelda game on the big screen. I have been playing for 18 hours since Friday so this is a good amount of time to finally do a review. Even though Skyward Sword has the Zelda name, it feels like a complete departure from the other games and I felt like I was playing a newly realized Zelda. Dungeons are still here but the only difference is that the whole world map is a big fat dungeon and I think it's an interesting take on Zelda tradition. The main selling point of the game is its fully implemented motion controls and while it works really well, it's not perfect as it can get frustrating at times, especially when you're in combat, aiming a long range weapon or playing your musical instruments, all requiring motion based gameplay but you will get used to it and in time, it becomes second to nature as the controls has a tight learning curve. The layout scheme itself has also changed (for the better) as the item menu is pretty much at your firsthand disposal instead of pausing into the menu and picking the item then un-pausing, leading to a more fast paced gameplay. The story is the most cinematic I have ever seen in a Zelda game and the visual and graphical style is jaw dropping gorgeous to look at and while I should be half way to through the story, it's pacing is slower compared to the other games but its memorable characters, emotional attachments and atmosphere makes it worthwhile. In conclusion, this is the best game I have played this year alone and the best Wii game because it completely realize and utilizes what the console can do. Albeit not being perfect, the motion controls does its job easing you in the game's mechanics so well that the frustration is forgotten in seconds and the visual style makes Skyward Sword the best looking Zelda game since Windwaker and the best looking game on the Wii overall. If you have a Wii, you have to buy this game as sadly, this is might be the Wii's final swansong in its six year lifespan and by god, what a way to go. Expand
  10. Nov 23, 2011
    Best Story of any Zelda Ever. Best controls of any Zelda Ever. Best looking Zelda Ever. Suffice to say, Best Zelda Ever! A Modern Masterpiece! The second best game ever made (right behind Mario Galaxy 2). If you have a Wii - BUY THIS GAME! If you don't have a Wii then, first buy a Wii then... BUY THIS GAME! You have not lived until you play this!
  11. Dec 13, 2011
    My favorite Zelda since Link to the Past. Possibly even better because it is challenging but not frustrating. Motion Plus adds to the gameplay, and rewards thoughtful swordplay over random bashing; For instance, to kill a 3-headed snake you have to hit all the heads at once, requiring timing and angle.
  12. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best zelda experiences ever. Dont believe the crap few people say, the controls are fine! music is awesome, gameplay and story are deep an involving.... on par with ocarina of time!
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    Please don't listen to the people who are rating the game negative. They are simply Nintendo haters who are plainly jealous that a non HD system is out performing their precious "hardcore" games. Skyward Sword is a excellent game as evident from the critic reviews. If you're a Zelda fan you simply owe it to yourself to play this game.
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    The best Zelda ever. I have been playing 19 hours from now and the dungeons are the best of the series. The graphics are the best wii can get. The gameplay with the wii controller is superb
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    One of the best games ever and the best Zelda game in history. Good graphics and excelent gameplay, history and sound. The best wii game ever.
    I have played nearly all Zelda games and I can easily say that this is the way to go for the franchise. Sad that this is the last Zelda game for the Wii. Buy it!
  16. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the Wii game people have been dreaming about ever since the console was announced. The use of motion control is intuitive and interesting, and makes this one of the most unique and legitimately groundbreaking (if not, THE most) Game of the Year candidate of 2011. It's another wonderful entry in a legendary franchise with some actual challenge on the table as well.
  17. Nov 29, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games of all time. It is also the best motion-controlled game of all time. It does for motion gaming what Super Mario Bros. did for platformers, what GTA 3 did for Sandbox games, what Halo did for shooters. It revolutionizes motion gaming and shows the rest of the industry how it`s done. The controls are the most real feeling in the Zelda series, if you`ve swung a sword or shot a bow in real life your skills will be applied here. The gameplay in general is also the best of the series, far surpassing Ocarina of Time and stepping all over Twilight Princess, with the best overworld, dungeons, and bosses ever. Simply amazing, the definition of a must-play. Expand
  18. Dec 2, 2011
    The game is just majestic ! It needs some time to get used to gyroscopic aiming, but you can recenter it anytime you want using a button ... Yes it's storytelling at the start of the adventure, but it's not that bad. Combat moves with the motion controller are just GREAT, and i had no specific problem at all in 40h+ gameplay ... The difficulty is easy to medium most of the time but some challenges and boss are more tricky :) Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    The Wii was built for this. The motion controls are completely unmatched by any other game, and graphically the game uses all of the Wii's graphical power. The gameplay is amazing, and it's a real change from previous Zelda's. This is the game the Zelda 25th anniversary is deserving of!
  20. Dec 1, 2011
    Okay, let me start off with this: Skyward Sword has problems, several problems. I had to recalibrate every so often, though unlike most, it happened like, 3 times in the roughly 30 hours it took me to complete the main story. The music seemed more centered around creating an atmosphere than giving you memorable tunes much of the time. Lastly, the game's textures are generally poor. Before you get your panties in a bunch, let me finish this statement: I've found it to be one of the greatest Zelda games ever. The controls work like a charm. Other than the times they temporarily wigged out (again, happened thrice for me), they were spot on. Every so often, it screwed up with the stabbing motion, but I rarely noted that occurring. If you or a reviewer is claiming the controls aren't spot on, check out the controls demonstrations here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aGjL1bwN0), otherwise it's due to interference or something. The enemies clearly show how they're supposed to be attacked with your, thanks to the exaggerated art style and you'll probably get wrecked trying to waggle constantly to win. The other weapons worked well too, though I myself was rather bad with the whip. I found some of the puzzle rather intriguing, but being a seasoned Zelda player, I never really found myself stumped. Some of the other puzzles-- some of which introduce an awesome mechanic-- were good fun. The graphics and art style are quite good as well and definitely draw inspiration from impressionist art. More distant objects take on an almost water color appearance. The fact that the textures aren't the greatest seems like an odd thing to complain about since the art style definitely draws from the Wind Waker. I didn't find some of the music to be as memorable as some past games in the series, though quite a few of them-- such as Zelda's and Faore's themes-- stuck with me. As I mentioned previously, several of them seem geared more so to evoke an atmosphere like the Metroid series, rather than providing tunes you can hum to. Though, the fact that most of the tracks are orchestrated (maybe all, or nearly so) makes them sound so beautiful and soothing, and in other cases, up-beat and have a nice tempo. There are some other cool musical effects in the game; the theme shifting music of Skyloft's Bazaar comes to mind. I found the plot to be quite fun to watch, mainly the references to future points in the timeline. And at last, we see a little Zelda and Link love connection. We all knew it had to happen eventually...wait, this game is the furthest back in the timeline, so it already happened? Time confusion? Song of Time? Hell, my mind just boggled itself. @_@ Skyward Sword is a game with problems and is imperfect. Said imperfections are mostly small and insignificant. I found it to be a great adventure, with tons of side quests, optional upgrades and some great characterization that made me long for voice acting for all characters, barring Link and is "Hiyaaaa!!"s. In spite of these problems, Skyward Sword manages to provide an amazing experience with many memorable moments, and the combination of a beautiful soundtrack and eye-soothing visuals was something that I would just sit down, listen to and watch for a little while. For years now, I have never been able to decide which Zelda game I liked most, never advancing past Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time as my favorites. Well that....hasn't changed, but Skyward Sword has joined their ranks. Please do not miss out on this game. Not only is it one of the Wii's best games--I hold it as high as I do Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2--, it's one of the best games I've played in quite some time. I'd like to give it a 9.5, but alas, I'm restricted to whole numbers. Expand
  21. Jan 11, 2012
    How **** stupid do you have to be to rant about how this title is more of the same. Last time I checked Zelda games have consistently been awesome. So has Metroid and most Mario games... If it ain't broke don't fix it. Great game though the intro was a bit prolonged.
  22. Nov 28, 2011
    How can I start this review the best I can? Hmmm... how about that this is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life? I am not just saying that because Zelda is my all time favorite franchise. I am saying this out of confidence that this game is a true masterpiece, and trust me when I say that it is. Skyward Sword isn't just a high quality game. It's a revolution. To think that I would actually prefer motion controls over traditional controls. I've always been interested in the idea of motion in gaming, but still always chose traditional controls over it any day. Until now! When Skyward Sword was announced to rely heavily on 1:1 motion, it really caught my attention to think that this could be the game to show everyone what motion controls can do to improve your game. As it turns out, I was not only right about that, but my expectations were far exceeded. Everything you do in this game uses motion controls specifically in very unique ways at every turn. Skyward Sword is a game that can never be done with a regular controller. This game has officially gone from button mashing to swinging your arm, and absolutely everything in this game takes advantage of it. The puzzles, the bosses, the dungeons, everything relies on the direction you swing your sword. One of the boss battles actually requires you to swing upward in its weak spot, and if you swing from any other direction, your attack is blocked and doesn't do a thing. You'll come across enemies that will block from certain angles, but are left open to attack on the other, although it isn't as easy as swinging from that direction, because enemies will follow your movements specifically to block you. You have to try and trick your enemies into thinking you will swing from one direction, but then come at them from another. it requires great observation and strategy, and makes you victory far more satisfying. It works beautifully, I've never been so sucked into a game like this, I actually feel like Links sword is in my hand, I actually feel like the hero. The way this game uses 1:1 motion is proof that non traditional controls can really change the way we want to play games. Now that I've played this game, I actually want to play more games like it. I want more 1:1 motion games, I want to use it now more than my dualshock controller now. It has opened great opportunity to new kinds of gameplay, and Skyward Sword shows it done right. The story is the best Zelda has ever had. We finally see a romantic bond between Zelda and Link, and it strengthens the urge to find her when she goes missing. There are tons of twists that will make your head spin, and lots of great characters and moments that you will remember for ages. Although this game once again denies voice acting, it's actually an amazing cinematic experience. Character animations, in addition to the outstanding orchestrated soundtrack are stunning and great to witness. This game quite possibly has the best soundtrack a Zelda game has ever had. Right after you turn the game on, you are immediately greeted with the text narrated backstory, which plays the most epic war music you'll ever hear. The game is fully orchestrated for the first time in Zelda history, meaning the music is THAT much better. Never has Zelda music been so beautiful, and remember that we're talking about a franchise that is known for it's high quality and very memorable music. You will likely pause the game very often just because you want to listen to the music, the soundtrack is THAT good. The most debatable thing about this game, however, is the graphics. Many think that the graphics are bad quality due to not meeting todays standards of being HD, and to be honest, it doesn't matter. Because this game, in my opinion, is more beautiful than many HD games out there. Skyward Sword is a prime example that games don't need to be realistic and HD to be beautiful. It uses a fantastic and very original art style that embodies the Zelda universe perfectly, and will likely never look outdated due to its uniqueness. Do not let the absence of HD fool you, this game is actually the best looking Zelda yet. Skyward Sword has also replaced the open world with puzzle filled areas that you will revisit on numerous occasions. You won't be repeating too much, as you'll reveal secret areas that you never knew were there, creating a great sense of discovery. Although, this game has an overworld in the sky that you will be flying around using your awesome new companion. A giant bird. Epic with a capital E. And of course, on top of all this, it takes an amazing fresh approach to that awesome Zelda formula we've come to know for 25 years. It's like we always now it, but different. Zelda has shown once again why it's so critically acclaimed, and is without a doubt one of the franchises best games. Nicely done Nintendo! 10/10 Expand
  23. Dec 30, 2011
    An amazing addition to the Legend of Zelda series; beautiful art style, great characters, and fun game play. My only (minor) gripe, is that sometimes the controls feel a little wonky, e.g. the sword will lose sync with the Wii-mote, but it doesn't take much to get it back on track. In all, if you're looking for another fantastic adventure in the Zelda universe then Skyward Sword is defiantly down your aisle. Expand
  24. Feb 11, 2012
    Look, I haven't even completed the game yet but I'm just going to give my review: Brilliant,amazing and excellent. Why Nintendo gave it to us so late in the Wii's lifetime nobody knows, but what a great way to say goodbye to the Wii with such a fantastic game. Sure, some aspects of the game are infuriating (Silent Realms anyone?) but they are all very minor. I will never forget the experience I have had with this game and as Fi would say, "I predict 100% chance of this being the finest Legend of Zelda game ever" Happy 25th birthday Legend of Zelda and goodbye to you Nintendo Wii. It's been a good one. Expand
  25. Sep 5, 2012
    Excellent story and characters, the items are very good too, there is no item that you stop using throughout the game. And the controls are simply amazing, it is 100% accurate and is probably going to shape future games!
  26. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is a 10/10 in my eyes it is the best game of this year, I own most of the hot games that have just came out like skyrim,cod mw3,dark souls,batman arkham city, ect ect. the storyline/plot is AMAZING the soundtrack is fantastic,the gameplay is verrry good the graphic to my opinion utilize the wii's potental power yeaa yea it is not HD and it has more of a cartoony feel but not all games have to be battlefield/skyrim graphics this will prob go down as one of my fav zeldas ever right there with link to the past and ocarina of time the others yeaa there oh k but this one really tops it...if you own a wii BUY IT if you do not own a wii buy a wii because there cheap now and then buy the game. the 37 people that gave this game negative comments dont listen to them there nothing they dont know what real video games are ... there also prob from ages 11-15 and there stuck on COD...play the game for yourself yea iam a zelda fan but i do love lots of other games I also was verryy displeased with twilight princes it is 20 bucks now and I still dont own it... that should explain it all. Expand
  27. Nov 26, 2011
    Best zelda to date. Most fun that the crap that the put out there right now like COD, BF3, and even skyrim. The gameplay is amazing, graphics are beastly (on dolphin) and the cinematic storyline is mind boggling. I havent felt so excited about a zelda game since ocarina of time. This is the new standard for a zelda game and it will only get better knowing nintendo. To the haters, go back to playing your non cinematic skyrim. Just because a game has voice acting, doesnt make it any better, a perfect example of this is Dragon Age , where they literally killed the saga by adding voice acting along wiht many other flaws. Some argue nintendo is living in the past, but the past is doing a hell lot better than the present and this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  28. Nov 20, 2011
    This game definitely deserves a 10/10 the story is amazing the graphics and art are creative (YOU DO NOT NEED TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS TO MAKE A GOOD GAME) it has very cute and witty scenes but still keeping the serious moments in place and meaningful.The characters are just as good as the others i find my self liking just the common skyloft folk.as for the controls they need some getting used to also they take practice,(but god forbid anyone needing to practice in a video game) but after you get used to it the controls are fun and challenging,When Im fighting monsters I find my self having to think before i swing (which might be a burden for some stupid people) and actually having to fake out the monsters. all said and done its for a select few if you don't like challenges don't get it,if you only like gun totting super soldier Michael bay explosion games don't get it,this is also not for people with a short attention span its a Legend of Zelda game its praised on its challenges and its long story's and quests. This may not be for everyone and if you start sucking at it just watch the info video about it. Expand
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    The intention of this review is to counter the obscene number of haters who rated the game 0 but didn't write up a review. Fanboism is despicable. I'm all for freedom of speech, but there's no denying the fact that you are a coward and a disgrace to your family and humanity if you leave a 0 score and don't have the balls to attach your handle and explain yourself.
  30. Mar 29, 2013
    Fi: Thank you.
    Me in tears: No, Fi, thank you for everything.

The most equally beautiful and saddest moment in any game I've ever played.
    This game is a work of art and the absolute pinnacle of Nintendo.
  31. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game. The game is amazing and anyone with a Wii needs to get it. If you don't have a Wii, find one and get this game. Expand
  32. Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know what's up with people's controllers, because the motionm plus works fine. If it starts glitching, it's a one button fix. Also, the graphics are fine, like a painting. There is no lag, and almost no load times. And the one to one motion control is used great, especially past the first Ghirahim fight. This game does everything right, and the five years of development gave us a masterpiece. Haters stop hating, laggers get a better Wii because yours is broken, but don't take anything away from the game because of your **** hardware. Expand
  33. May 9, 2012
    Skyward sword has it all. Good old zelda game play, memorable characters and a interesting world to explore. Even if your new to the zelda series i would still highly reccomend this game looking for a epic lengthy adventure. Skyward sword is one of he most colorful and best looking games on wii. The game also works great with wii motion plus. This game is simply a masterpiece that should be experienced by anyone who likes games in general. Expand
  34. Nov 24, 2011
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever created.

It is doubtful that the game will win over new converts, but for series faithfuls, this game represents the apotheosis of the series' style. Everything that makes a Zelda game a Zelda game is in perfect form in this wonderful game.

The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, with an art style reminiscent of both the whimsical Wind Waker and the
    darker Twilight Princess - it looks as if ripped straight from an oil painting. The combat is seamless - it feels incredibly fluid and natural. The story has a brilliant mythical quality that gives the entire series a sort of origin myth all its own.

If you have ever loved a Zelda game, this is a must play.
  35. Nov 21, 2011
    this is one of the most creative and beatiful games off all time with some of the most unique graphics to date, this game has the best motion controls of all the games this gen, a 50 to 100 or more hours of adventure with a amazing story, lots of side quests, and great cut scenes this is a long game worth your time and money, this is best game ever
  36. Nov 20, 2011
    I put this very simply, what a Masterpiece of a Game, one of my top favorite of all time. I highly recommend this game to anyone, no matter the age or the tastes. Do not worry about Skyrim this are very different games, i had them both and i could not be more happy. just play the game, before complaining
  37. Nov 20, 2011
    Great game controls are a masterpeice and I have never played any motion controls. Awesome gameplay best Zelda game ever game ever. The way link moves, his body language and the way he interacts with other characters and the worlds environment. The in game mechanics and customization allows you to develop link in a,way u have never playee with him before. Best game this gen
  38. Dec 3, 2011
    It's literally the best game on the Wii and one of the greatest games ever made. It doesn't quite have the same open world feel that Twilight Princess had, but then again it doesn't really need it. The graphics are, by far, the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen in a game simply for their impressionist quality - if you notice, the farther you get away from something the objects, or buildings, or whatever it is you're far from become more like paint daubs which is really awesome. The scenes are amazing, and though some people are still bummed out about and/or trolling about how the characters still don't talk, this really, I feel, is better than if they were to include lame voice acting. The music is perfectly fitting for each area you're in and changes depending on what situation your in within an area - for example the Marketplace offers various versions of the same song for each different shop you approach. This game has hours upon hours of amazing gameplay and despite what others say, the controls are wonderful. The only thing I've had difficulty with was swimming, but besides that everything else works perfectly. This is the first Wii game I've played that doesn't rely solely on the sensors, but the position your Wii-mote is in - and if your aimer says it's in a different direction than it should be you can simply readjust it with a push of a button to be back where it should be (so really those who complain about the controls don't know what they're talking about/are trolls - the latter being more likely). The replayability is insanely high for this game, there is so much to do and so many areas you can explore around and it's one of those stories that, I at least, fell in love with right away. It's seriously one amazing experience. Expand
  39. Nov 20, 2011
    Conclusion: THE BEST GAME ON WII. The Legend Zelda: Skyward Sword mix RPG system with the fabulous classical system of Zelda. This game is a masterpiece.
  40. Dec 27, 2011
    This game has me addicted. The amount of dislike is boggling my mind, maybe it is people who have never experienced the series or people who just can not get their head around the controls. But I love it. My favorite of the series was Twilight Princess for the Wii, I also loved Ocarina of Time on both the N64 and 3DS, and LTTP on SNES. However this is very quickly becoming my favorite. The setting of the story is one of the best of any game ever, it is brilliant. The freedom of the skies is more interesting and more beautiful than Hyrule Fields which we all have known and loved for the last 10 games pretty much. The loftwing and its brilliant controls make me want to say "Goodbye Epona!" The story of the game is absolutely sensational as well, a backstory to Ocarina of Time? Amazing! Some little tidbits of the game do get a bit frustrating as well, the dialogue does go a bit slower in this one, but that is just a nuisance, nothing game breaking. The really sad part about this game is your guardian. She is really lifeless and boring, Midna is really a hard character to beat, with her sassy attitude, her cool looks, and her backstory. However they are just side characters so it isn't gamebreaking, however I would like to see Midna return in the next game somehow. At least as a side mission or shown in a background story. The controls are actually surprisingly good, if you got the gold Wii remote which looks amazing, the Wii Motion Plus will be no bother to you, and swinging should not get you tired. The swordplay is a bit off most of the time, doing jabs proves to be pretty hard in intense situations, but it gives a bit more of a challenge. The design of the game is pretty amazing, I have walked around Skyloft quite a few times and just marveled at how amazing it looks and how alive it really feels. Through three temples it does feel kind of repetitive, you collect like 3 or 5 of an item, get in the temple and do your business. But the temples really amazing, especially the Earth Temple I loved its design, the lava, the rolling eye, the boss battle was incredible, that short Indiana Jones moment. Everything was just amazingly fun. The graphics are awesome, everyone got their dark Zelda with Twilight Princess and also got toony with Wind Waker. This is a mash up of the two. It looks like Twilight Princess painted with water colors. The graphics are really fantastic for a Wii game. There are no parts that look really gross in terms of graphics.

For all these reasons I say pick this game up without thinking about it. This maybe the last big game for the Wii, and I must say, what a way to go out!
  41. Nov 29, 2011
    it looks like the critics are even trying to sabotage this game, this game is everything i wanted and more well done Nintendo! the graphics are 10 for artistic merit, motion controls 10 for evolving the Zelda franchise, story is the most dramatic so far in the series, sorry but this is getting a 10.
  42. Dec 13, 2011
    I had my doubts about this game, seeing as how disappointing the last few Zeldas were (especially Spirit Tracks). But this game... wow... simply amazing. The visuals look great but the Wii's hardware limitations are all too apparent here. This game would have looked so much nicer on an actual HD console. The music is aural bliss and probably some of the best in the series. The story is very good and the dungeons/puzzles are some of the best in the series. Motion+ controls work well for combat and really add a new layer to battles, but for everything else, Motion+ is only put to novel use and bares a number of nuisances (constantly needing to re-center, inability to differentiate movement speeds, inaccurate movement detection). Also, the game treats the player as inept. The first few hours of hand-holding become unbearable and the constantly repeating and unskippable text will test you nerves. There are a number of problems with this game, which do add up to a significant amount, but even with that said I truly enjoyed the game and am rejuvenated on the series. Not only is this one of the best Zeldas ever, but it's also one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  43. Dec 23, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Zelda series, check this out for the wii motion plus control system, adds an entire new element to the combat system. If you're not a fan of the Zelda series, what rock have you been hiding under, buy a wii, buy this game, save Zelda, be a hero. I've read a couple of bad reviews saying motion lag, and that the controls don't work properly (e.g. you can't control which direction you swing the sword from), personally I have no idea what they're talking about, I can only assume they have the wii sensor bar buried underneath a mountain of junk, or that they don't know their left from their right, if you can't control THIS game, it's not the game, you as a gamer just have very bad coordination reminiscent of 12 year olds that tantrum when people won't let them win whilst playing HALO online....
    Overall, this is a fantastic game, typical of Nintendo, graphics are polished, although my one criticism is that of the console, this game would've looked fantastic in 1080p, but oh well. Musical score is fantastic. Controls are brilliant. The puzzles have been well thought out and really challenge you even if you're used to Zelda style puzzles. The major thing that blew me away however, was the story, I found myself wanting to save Zelda, wanting to help people, wanting to find out the dark past of the land. Buy it, you will not be disappointed.
  44. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome gameplay, the only blemish is the lack of voice acting, but its one of the best in the series so far!
    I wonder why some sites complain about it being similar to other zelda games and give a higher score to MW3 LOL such biased losers
  45. Jul 16, 2012
    I waited to play this game due to mixed fan reviews. Eventually I was convinced, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The MotionPlus controls are a blast and not as finicky as everyone claims; in fact, they just add to the overall experience. The "backtracking" isn't as repetitive as people claim either; each area is revamped and changed with all new challenges. The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful, and the story line is simply fantastic and perfect in every right. By the end of the game I was in tears; because I had beaten my first every Skyward Sword experience, and because the touching story line was concluded expertly. Touches of humor and a nice difficulty level are also good embellishments. This is the best game I have ever played, and everyone else should have the bliss of playing it at least once. Expand
  46. Jan 6, 2012
    An amazing game in all ways. The graphics are pretty, the storyline is engaging, and this game sets all other zelda games up by being set before the others. The bosses are cinematic and never get old.
  47. May 1, 2012
    Skyward Sword deserves to be thought of just as highly as Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, two of my favorite games for their respective systems. There's no question that Skyward Sword will be one of the top games in the Wii's lifetime. The change in controls gives new perspective on how gamers can play a Zelda game, let alone an adventure game, and makes it more than just another iteration of what I consider to be one of Nintendo's top-tier series. The new setting is full of winks and nods to the games that preceded it and an avid Zelda fan like myself can't help but light up when a reference is noticed. I've played a lot of great games this year, but no other game has made me feel so good about enjoying my time with it. Skyward Sword is engaging, accessible and highly capable of being considered a classic by many in this gaming generation. Expand
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    I can see a problem and It's that this game is the greatest Zelda game, so ,the greatest game of the history, and this is the reason why the trolls or haters were giving bad notes, and it's fine, but in their interior they know that this Zelda is a Masterpiece, the controls, the gameplay, the story, all in this game is fantastic.
  49. Jun 1, 2012
    Those of you giving The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword low scores have clearly had trouble playing the game. Here's the rager's patterns : Play Skyward Sword. Fail. Think "Ok, I'll try again". Fail again. Rage. Throw control at wall/door/television/family member/cat. Go on Metacritic. Type in "The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword", hands shaking in rage. Type in a common rage comment. "THIS GAME IS AWFUL. THE CONTROLS SUCK. THEY MADE ME FALL OFF A LEDGE 40 TIMES. GAMEPLAY IS NOT FUN." I mean, come on people. When you comment on lack of voice acting, it's so clear that you're commenting on something trivial becuase you couldn't think of much else. Skyward Sword is a brilliant game. The composing is amazing, the graphics are very attractive. The gameplay is hours of brilliant fun which can never get boring to me. Hell, I've not actually finished Skyward Sword. I'm at the last boss battle. (You know, the guy with the fire hair.) I failed but didn't rage. I camly put down my controler and say to myself "i'll do it another time." The fact that I've dragged out this game for months (since christmas, actually.) added to my enjoyment. It's the longest game I've ever played. And I usually finish games within 1-6 hours of getting them. So, a word to everyone - drag out the gameplay. It's really worth it. Expand
  50. Dec 22, 2011
    Best Zelda game and best Wii game I've ever played. I beat the game with 100% completion and I was clocked in at 65 hours of gameplay. Huge game for the Wii. Nintendo did an amazing job with this one and it's worth buying a Wii just for this game! If you are even kind of a Zelda fan, BUY IT!
  51. Nov 22, 2011
    First and foremost, you can discount any the individuals who scored this game a ZERO, few games (if any) deserve such a non-score. Now lets get onto the people who have actually played the game and as such are fairly marking what so far they have encountered...

I'm roughly 10 hours in and thus far can find nothing in which to fault. Stunning vistas, bold characters, innovative and
    faultless motion controls AND a beautiful orchestral score. In the last couple of month I have purchased Arkham City and Uncharted 3, both are good BUT both leave me feeling cold, Skyward Sword is another of those Nintendo games which is polished to perfection and given the added ingredient other "rival" developers cant ever replicate...that magic. Expand
  52. Dec 1, 2011
    Gameplay wise the best Zelda I've played so far. The upgrading system, shield gauge and ability to sprint add to the depth of the game without making it less Zelda-like, I already find it hard to imagine a Zelda game without sprinting. The motion plus controls work really well and remain fun until the very end. I wonder what people who rate this game low expected from it. Of course it's not in HD, it does not have spoken cut-scenes, the characters do not look spectacularly realistic, and pretty much all you do is run around between and in dungeons. But it's Zelda, what do you expect? Expand
  53. Aug 4, 2012
    Absolutely brilliant. Played the Oot all the way through and this other entry in the zelda series plays great. The dialouge between characters is hilarious, the gameplay is smooth, solid and extremely enjoyable. Well worth a play
  54. Nov 21, 2011
    Best Zelda game so far. Beautiful graphics, great orchestral music and perfect controls. After Skyward Sword you never ever want to play a action-adventure with a game-pad again.

The only disappointment is the missing voice acting.
  55. Nov 20, 2011
    Best Zelda game ever! Hands down. Great graphics gameplay characters and puzzles. Very original. The wii motion plus is very well done and certainly adds to the experience.
  56. Nov 26, 2011
    zelda is the best franchise ever existed alongside mario and metroid...... Nintendo are gods, sony and msoft try to compensate this with money and technology but they cant ...............this game is the living proof that nintendo are the best at gamecrafting and overall videogame desing and innovations......... haters go fawk your mother
  57. Jan 22, 2012
    Skyward Sword is definitely one of the best Zelda games released in a while! With Zelda's signature way of using new graphic styles, the use of the Motion Plus (which, unlike the Wii version of Twilight Princess, is NOT a gimmick), and memorable characters and dungeons, Skyward Sword could easily give most Zelda games a run for their money- maybe even Ocarina of Time! The "painterly" graphics make this adventure stunning, while also shrouding the fact that the Wii's visual ability isn't that great. The Motion Plus makes this a game where you must think before you act. No more frantically shaking the controller to defeat enemies! No, you have to plan out each strike before it happens, otherwise it will be blocked and somehow turn on you. Each dungeon utilizes all of your items, not just the one you recieved thirty seconds ago. There are only a few downsides to this game- for starters, there's no main world map. You fly to a certain spot in the sky and then descend onto the surface area, close to the dungeon. The music instrument of this game- the harp- is also a useless attempt to keep an instrument in the game. If you see butterflies, you randomly strum the harp to get a pedestal to appear, then you strum in time with a pulsing light. Learning new songs is pointless, because playing one song is no different from playing another.
    However, despite these minor setbacks, Skyward Sword is still an amazing game. With the new flight system, new motion controls, new upgrade systems, and new items, this installment is no "Nintendo re-hash". A lot of things in this game are new and exciting, and definitely worth getting.
    Skyward Sword, I will never forget you.
  58. Dec 10, 2011
    Just wanted to throw another 10 this game's way (because 7.7 as an average user score is ridiculous) and add: GAME OF THE YEAR. Sorry "Uncharted 3."
  59. Nov 20, 2011
    This Zelda is one of the best Zelda game ever. First of all the gameplay is great, with the wiimote plus everything you do will be recognized and its really impressive. But because it uses the gyro instead of using the sensor bar you will often of to recenter the wiimote while using items like the slingshot. Graphics are really wonderfull, its are the best you can find on wii, but take care, while playing on an HD TV you might have a lot of aliasing. Classical Story but with tons of surprises in the second part of the game. You will certainly find the beginning of the game to slow and not really impressive, but the second part of the game is really really cool. A must own. Expand
  60. Nov 20, 2011
    Just an amazing games. Don't mind these trolls who are marking this game down for no reason. Buy this! It's worth the time and money. Controls are just fine, graphics are probably the best the wii has to offer, and it's just an all-around enjoyable experience.
  61. Nov 28, 2011
    This beautiful game deserves the beautiful score : 10. Every aspect of this game is fine-tuned, and is the best Zelda experience i've had. Everything works so well, from the timeless water-color design to the clever dungeon puzzles, this game is a complete masterpiece.
  62. Nov 20, 2011
    Im now 15 hours into this game and I think this is enough to judge it. There are several things i don't like about it such as every time if you restart the game and pick something up it will tell you the same **** what this is and bla bla bla about it. The other negative thing isn't the game itself. It is the **** Wii and its HI-RES YAYAYAY. I have a 50" tv and at the beginning it was a pain to get into it. But I think there wouldn't be any other game which could bound me with this resolution. In my opinion it is the best Zelda game and it makes fun in every way. The controls, the dungeons, the flying around, the new things and even the senseless bug catching thing is funny. This Zelda shows the world that you don't need the best graphics or cool explosions in every corner of the screen. This Zelda shows us that a game with a brilliant and catchy story makes more fun then most of the other games out there.This is a true Zelda game and everyone with a Wii should get it. No exceptions! Expand
  63. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the game the Wii was built for! The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is an absolute masterpiece from beginning to end. IGN, a trusted website, doesn't hand out perfect 10's lightly. A must own. 10/10.
  64. Nov 22, 2011
    Let me start off with, this is my favourite game of all time. The controls are absolutely perfect, after playing for 43 hours they never mucked up once, extremely precise. They feel extremely fun and engaging, they never feel gimmicky or tiring in the slightest. They add a new level of depth to Zelda that had never been seen before in any game. It is the only game to pull of motion control at such a high standard.

Most of the low reviews are trolling, "no voice-acting? wtf Nintendo?" obviously the people who said that have never played a Zelda game before, otherwise they'd realise there's never been and never will be voice acting. 'the book is better than the movie'. Also, anyone saying the controls are slow or inaccurate are either doing it wrong or their Wiimote is up the creek. (or they're lying).

The game is extremely lengthy, taking roughly 40 hours if you're quick at solving the puzzles. And then you still have tons of extra content, including "hero mode". The game kept feeling fun and enjoyable throughout these many hours, gameplay was constantly changing and many surprises happened.

Music is beautiful, graphics are beautiful, side characters are the most memorable in the series (I got attached to almost every single character)/ Level design is absolutely genius.

------DETAILS ABOUT HERO MODE (Do not read below if you don't want to know about Hero Mode)-----

Hero Mode is unlocked on completion of the game's main story, Hero Mode gives you the game again, but enemies do double damage. If it wasn't already hard enough, there's now no such thing as hearts to restore your health. Pots, Plants, Monsters, nothing drops hearts, not even in the boss chamber.

The only way to heal is by potions or sleeping. Sleeping cannot be done on the surface, so you'll have to rely on potions as the only way to get your hearts back.

This is truly challenging, even for the most experienced Zelda veterans like myself.

Great Game 10/10
  65. Jul 12, 2012
    9.5 - While some of the latter game feels unnecessary and tacked on, this is what I've been wanting in a Wii title ever since I first saw the console. The controls are fantastic with spot on swordplay. The music is incredible and varied, not to mention absolutely beautiful. The story is excellent, and the many colorful locales you visit are full of life and character. There are an incredible amount of things to do and see, and everything is memorable, from the characters to the world itself. It's pure Nintendo magic at it's finest. Expand
  66. Nov 23, 2011
    I have not enjoyed a game this much in a very very long time (not since the first Portal in fact). Is it the best Zelda game ever? Well I think it is equal with Ocarina of Time, and that is one of my favourite games of all time, so make of that as you will.
    The controls for the sword are absolutely perfect, and it is so pleasing just to use the sword that I find myself slashing everything
    in sight...grass, flowers, signs, just to further enjoy the 1:1 motion controls. Its not a perfect game, but nothing is. The motion controils for flying and swimming are a bit superfluous. But when a game is this good, the few minor complaints dont really mean anything. Some people are complaining about the game being pumped full of padding. But most of the padding is optional (the pumpkin collecting etc)...there if you want it, but not necessary to complete the game. The art style is beautiful, and shows what a decent art department can do with limited hardware. I have been a bit disapointed with recent Zeldas (post Majoras mask), but this is classic. If you like Zelda, or escpaism, or puzzles, or epic battles that involve strategy, then you really have to try this game. The first true classic in many years. If you have never really been into Zelda then this is probably not for you. Expand
  67. Nov 20, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is medicore compared to this game, Skirym is no match. Ocarina of time lacks depth compared to Skyward sword. Remember the Gameboy Colour Zelda games? This is a perfect description of this game. The over world has puzzles elements, its vast and interesting. So much to explore and do, unlike the past 3D Zelda games. Every dungeon is a masterpiece. The music is wonderful.

This
    game changes the Zelda formulae, without ruining the feel of Zelda. Items are upgradable etc. and many more changes; which I will not mention in order to not ruin the game experience. Expand
  68. Jul 20, 2012
    This is the best use of motion controls ever seen in a video game. This game is packed full of content. The story is interesting and the graphics are perfect. The amount of sidequests adds on even more to the length of the game. Everything about this game is perfect. It takes Zelda, Nintendo, and the wii to new heights, as this is one of the most innovative games that has ever seen the light of day. Expand
  69. Dec 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me just say this: Skyward Sword was one of the best gaming experiences yet for me. The masterful use of the blended Wind Waker/Twilight Princess art style is truly amazing. The story is the best yet, and it leaves you aching the whole way through (In a good way!) The Wii Motion Plus makes your sword move 1:1 and makes fighting enemies for the first time like a puzzle. This game sets up events for the next games, and, spoiler, the creation of the legendary Master Sword. This is the first game in which Link gains the entire Triforce, and it explains why our green-clad hero is always up against a big baddie. If you are a fan of the series, definitely pick it up. Expand
  70. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for what I think should have been included, or for hardware limitations.

If you read other reviews you will see complaints of this game being too long, or having too much dialogue. I wasn't at the meeting where getting hours of play-through time for your money was a bad thing, but it was probably where MW3 was conceptualized. If this game can't hold the attention of your 8 year old, I feel really and truly bad for you. I played Ocarina of Time when I was 8 and it gave me hours of entertainment, and never once did I become bored simply because of the need to read, or the time it took to complete.
  71. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyward Sword is a masterpiece. The design is absolutely incredible. Instead of most games, when viewing things from far away seeing a standard blur, the game uses an impressive watercolor painting style which is very unforgettable. Amazing music from beginning to end with a great symphony. Game play felt perfect and what Twilight Princess should have played like at launch.(but understanding that the game was suppose to be just a Gamecube game at first) Skyward Sword is a must-have for any Wii owners out there. Expand
  72. Nov 20, 2011
    I definitely think this game is worth the praise it's been receiving, it may not be better than Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, but it's definitely next in line of my favorite Zelda title of all time.
  73. Nov 20, 2011
    I have all the Zelda games, and Skyward Sword is my favorite. The story is amazing, gameplay is fun, and controls make Zelda a rare gem in video games. This is my game of the year.
  74. Nov 21, 2011
    It's Nintendo. It's Zelda. It's Wii motion control done correctly. It's a ten! ;)
    There is no doubt in my mine, even after just 12 hours on it, that it's the best 3D Zelda ever made!
  75. Nov 29, 2011
    Best Zelda ever, it greatness creeps up on you, so its only immediately apparent but it grows on you. A few dungeons in and you see the best of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time.
  76. Jan 10, 2012
    This is my final review of Skyward Sword after beating 100% of the game.

I have a very lengthy review that sums up the entire story and all elements of the game. However it is far to long to explain in 5000 words. Here are the most important things to know about the story: Skyward Sword occurs before all other released Zelda games. It is essentially the prequel to Ocarina of Time. Zelda
    is not a princess, but a childhood friend of Link's. The game explains what the Legend of Zelda is! Yes, this game actually explains where the Legend of Zelda originated from. Skyward Sword also tells the back story of the Master Sword and where Gannon originates from. Although Gannon makes no appearance in this game, you learn he is actually the Evil Will of Demise. Long story short is Demise is the main antagonist in this game and when he is defeated, he curses all decedents of Link and Zelda. Basically saying they will always be fighting his demonic will, as his will can never die. Please note, this was a very very rough breakdown of the story. Skyward Sword's story is very deep. There are many cut scenes and text boxes to read through (no voice acting, but I actually prefer Zelda games to be this way). Fans of the Zelda series will appreciate the amount of references to other Zelda games. Once again, this game will explain many things about the origins of many Zelda characters and items. If you've played Ocarina of Time, then the story alone makes this game a must have. Story 10/10.

Moving onto gameplay, Skyward Sword takes full advantage of Wii Motion plus. This means 1:1 sword movements between Link's Sword and your Wii-mote. Your right hand is Link's sword. The entire game is revolved around this and players can expect enemies and puzzles to take advantage of these controls. Enemies will block your attacks unless you attack their weaknesses. Meaning enemies will leave an angle open and you have to attack it. Otherwise, you can swing all day is never land a hit. Now these controls make for a very engaging and satisfying experience. The only drawback from this is sometimes the controls feel over sensitive. Every once in a while Link will do something you don't want him to do. Also, do not fear that you have to stand up and fling your Wii mote around. The controls do not require you to make full sword swing motions, and only require a small flick with your wrist. In all, the controls offer a very innovating and add a new experience to the Zelda series. Gameplay: 10/10

Finally, you can expect Skyward Sword to offer 30-50 hours of content. The main story will take at least 20-30 hours to beat on its own. Add in side quests, mini games, and other activities and you can add on another 20-30 hours. In my first playthrough I got everything in the game (completed all quests, got every item, found all Goddess cubes/chests, upgraded every item, etc) in just under 50 hours. Its also worth noting that once you beat Skyward Sword you are given the option to save over your file and play Hero Mode. Hero mode is basically a more challenging version of the game. All enemies do double damage and enemies never drop hearts unless you have the heart medal. The player is given the option to skip some cut scenes, and a few other perks are given to the player (eg: the Skyward Strike attack is at master sword level as soon as you obtain the Goddess Sword). ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT ONCE YOU CHOOSE TO OVER RIDE YOUR SAVE FOR HERO MODE THAT YOU'LL LOOSE YOUR NORMAL GAME SAVE!!!! This means if you choose to go hero mode, everything on your save will be lost in favor of the hero mode save. To avoid this, make sure you copy your file before going into Hero mode. Skyward Sword will keep you busy for months to come. 10/10 re-playability.

Some TL DR stuff:
    - 10/10 game, MUST HAVE for Wii owners
    - 7 temples
    -30-50 hours of gameplay (60-100 hours if you complete Hero mode)
    - 1:1 sword control
    - Amazing Story

*Please note I did not mention anything about the areas you will explore. It would take pages to go through all 3 areas, plus the clouds. The only thing to know is Skyward Sword is designed to include "temple elements" throughout the mainland. This means you'll have to constantly solve puzzles and defeat bad guys to gain access to new lands.
  77. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finally challenging, like those in Twilight Princess. The boss battles are immense and truly feel like something epic.

The only downside? The controls can be off sometimes -- I found that putting the motion bar on top of a television solved my problems. But it's hardly noticable and if you control your motions, you won't suffer.

This is the game for the Wii and the best release in the past 10 years.
  78. Nov 20, 2011
    The graphics are so wonderfully stylized and vibrant. The controls really make the game shine though. My original reason for getting a Wii was for zelda. Nintendo did not disappoint.
  79. Nov 24, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brings new life to videogames era, with gorgeous graphics, extremely fun gameplay and the most deeper Zelda story of all time this new adventure can make even the most tradicional gamers have fun. Link, a young man who lives on an island in the sky (called Skyloft), is a student at Knight Academy, where young people are prepared to be Skyloft knights, the academy is run by Gaepora, Zelda's father. Since they were children, Link and Zelda are like "best friends". After a festival that occurs in Skyloft to determine who would be the new knight, Link and Zelda are going for a "walk" with his Loftwings (birds that they use to fly near Skyloft), when a black tornado captures Zelda. During the evening of the day, Link meets Fi says that his destiny is to go after Zelda and rid the world of evil. At first look the same repeat of the other games, but as always, Nintendo manages to surprise the player, bringing surprises and twists in the story. The beginning of the game, besides a tutorial introduces the player brilliantly to the story, the way the game tells the story shows Skyward Sword in all its depth to the player, leaving him stranded and wondering how Link will complete your mission. Skyward Sword brings one of the most beautiful visuals ever seen on Nintendo Wii. Its look "cel-shaded" animated brings incredible charisma to the characters, the landscape when seen from afar looks like incredible impressionist paintings. Nintendo knew how to work brilliantly with the Wii hardware, everything is beautiful in Skyward Sword: Skyloft, Volcano Eldin, Faron Woods, among others Lanayru Desert, every second of the game visually amazing eh within the limitations of the Wii. Skyward Sword was made to be played entirely with the Wiimotion Plus, from small things like balancing on a rope to fly with your Loftwing, everything in the game is based on the movement of control but never think of it as something bad, the controls in Skyward Sword work phenomenally well and respond to commands from the player. All items are based on their movements, even the bombs, which you can decide whether to roll on the floor like a bowling ball or throwing her hands. The bow and arrow work just like in Wii Sports Resort, you move the slider like the Nunchuk as a bow and arrow, all items use the movements in any way and even those who do not like motion controls feel "satisfied "with them. The songs are epic in Skyward Sword, help the player to get so incredible in the environment generated by the game, making him feel more and more into the scenario in which this link. The game has roughly 30 hours, after passing through forests, mountains, lakes, deserts and temples there are still many quests to be done, besides the Hero Mode, which is unlocked after finishing the game, the enemies take it twice damage and no hearts in the woods, making the replay much more challenging. Conclusion: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a milestone in the series, not only the best Zelda, but also the best game of the Wii and one of the best of the current generation. Expand
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is amazing, it starts of in an odd way, but you need to get used to the controls. The dungeons and the music are incredible but not as incredible as the gameplay. Don't let the negative reviews fool you, this is the best game of the generation.
  81. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono.
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  82. Dec 25, 2011
    Skyward Sword is simply one of the greatest games I have ever played, perfect from start to finish. The controls are perfect and the music is spell-binding! Although there may be a few niggles, they aren't major. Well worth a purchase. 10/10
  83. Nov 28, 2011
    Here we are at the end of 2011 going into 2012 and have been lucky enough to see some of the greatest games released (at one time), in the history of gaming. I'm 28 and have been playing video games since I was 5. I've played countless games and have experienced moments, where a game is so good, that it sticks with me for the rest of my life. The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of those titles. Skyward Sword improves on every aspect of the Zelda series. It raised the bar so high, that future titles (of the series), are going to have one hell of a time flying past the skies and into the stars...

STORY-It's no secret that Skyward Sword is the prequel to OOT, in fact, Nintendo announced that Skyward Sword takes place as the first Zelda title ever. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience that tells the brilliant story about how the series first started. Without going into detail (for the sake of people who have yet to play it), Skyward Sword dramatically changes the way The Legend Of Zelda's story was ever told. Traditionally, Zelda's story has always been about Link saving Princess Zelda from the Evil clutches of Gannon, have a happy ending, and do it all again in 3 to 5 years; this is not the case for Skyward Sword. Skyward Swords story improves in so many ways and with it's great art design, manages to deliver a memorable cast of characters. For those of you hoping for more control of the story, your not going to find it here. Regardless, Nintendo does an excellent job perfectly pacing the story, without ever feeling like your hand is being held the whole way through. Your objectives are quite clear, yet your always asking yourself "how do I get to the next area"? I never felt as if any part of the story was added for the sake of making the game longer. CONTROLS-Skyward Sword defines what a true game experience really is, by using some of the most sophisticated motion controls ever designed for a video game. Forget what you knew about Zelda's button mashing combat, this is a whole new way to control Link; where as before battling enemies was strictly a button mashing obstacle to proceed, now turns into a fight that requires skill and accuracy to reach the next foe. Not only has Nintendo somehow managed to make every enemy and boss battle exciting, they succeeded in implementing motion controls into every aspect of the game, without hurting the experience and making it more tasteful, and appealing, to every type of gamer. The motion controls are a new and welcomed edition to the Zelda franchise; in fact, the thought of exploring the land of Hyrule without motion controls (after using it), would be a step backwards for the series.

GRAPHICS-Nintendo has managed to create a colorful, vivid, land, and some how combine the mature aspect of Twilight Princes together, without making it feel like Skyward Swords art direction was catered for children or adults. Granted most of the Wii's power is used for the Wii Motion Plus, Nintendo still managed to push the limits of the Wii like no other company has ever done before. There were a few times when I found myself wishing Skyward Sword would output in 1080p, but then again who doesn't??? I appreciate the effort that Nintendo made on Skyward Swords graphics, it runs so smooth (compared to current gen titles), I was able to look past the graphical limitations and enjoy the magnificent lands created. SOUND- Zelda + Orchestra = EPIC! Not once did I feel that the music in Skyward Sword never matched. Whether I was opening a treasure chest, or flying through the beautiful sky, Skyward Sword managed to suck me into its world with its tunes. Sound-effects are better than ever and improves on what previous versions offered. Skyward Sword is a cinematic experience. There is over an hour and a half of cut scenes and itâ
  84. Jan 28, 2012
    Just play it and see how much fun and rewarding this masterpiece is! The story is quite awesome though not able to top some other games yet the music here is just amazing! The graphics are cell shaded which does not require much hardware yet the graphics are so well done, it may have pushed the wii almost to its limits. The gameplay overall is just amazing with the wonderful and adjustable controls and the level designs as well as boss fights were just awesome as well. A definite game of the year title and a wonderful game to add to anyone's collection! Expand
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    As I've read in most forums, obvious troll is obvious and these people live in a world all their own. Spewing out negativity in spite, just because they can. Pay no mind to those who are bashing this game, unless they give a legitimate reasoning to why they dislike the game. Anyone who buys Zelda expecting something other than the Zelda formula shouldn't be able to buy the game honestly. That's what players have come to love of this series and if they changed it then we wouldn't have Zelda anymore. Unresponsive controls? What game are you playing? This probably has some of the best usage of the Wii remote to date. The story is plenty intriguing to grab an audience and keep them playing. Everything seems more thought out, and more time was put into the final product. They use cinematic parts to help with the story driving creating drama and all sorts of emotions. The characters are amazing, and well Link is still Link. Best looking game on the Wii and totally worth a buy. 10/10 from me, Zelda is still going strong. Expand
  86. Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty good, at first the controls were hard to control, but it turns out there's ACTUALLY SKILL INVOLVED IN SWINGING THE SWORD. The fact that waggling to kill no longer applying made my **** day. I recommend this game highly.
  87. Nov 22, 2011
    Its the best zelda game of the series, and probably the best wii game. Good graphics, good gameplay, intense history about the origin of the master sword and use all the wii features you can desire to play.If you have wii or dont, buy it and play one of the best games of the generation.
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    Its finally here, this is the game many have been waiting for and let me start off by say it does not disappoint. This is why there are so many fans of the series, amazing story telling, huge dungeons, tons of characters, my heart strings being tugged. From start to finish this game amazed me in all kind of different ways, from being frustrated at times and finally figuring out the correct way to defeat an enemy to the amazing art style and even some really awesome story twists, which I dare not spoil them for you. If you have a Wii I urge you to get this game, if you are a huge fan of the franchise this is a must buy, and if your tired of debating which game is better then that game, check this one out, you will be very thankful you did. i have played every single Zelda game that Nintendo has produced and i can say truthfully this is their finest piece of work ever. Please do not pass up one of the greatest experiences you could ever have with a video game. Expand
  89. Jan 7, 2012
    Very well done videogame. The story alone makes it amazing! Once you learn how to play this game (it does have a learning curve) you will have so much fun! I am also happy that I actually got Game Over a few times because other Zelda games have been very easy in comparison. All in all: great story, great characters, great game!
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    PERFECT, the motion control is spot-on and this games adds so much more to the zelda-verse, the best zelda to yet and probably one of the best game ever, totally GOTY, fitting for it's 25th anniversary
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    Wow . Having played all the zelda games since the nes i have to say this is without doubt the best . The graphics ,sound and amazing artwork screams quality from the off .

This is the game that should have been released on the wii at the start to show what can be done with the wii controls , the gameplay grabs you like no other and doesnt let up untill the very end .

Without doubt the
    best game this generation and probrably the best nintendo game ever . 10/10 Expand
  92. Nov 23, 2011
    Well worth the wait, Skyword sword won't disappoint. The progression of difficulty for the puzzles is fantastic as ever. Props to Nintendo. Wii motion + makes everything feel fresh.

It's like an updated, expanded, inbred baby between windwaker and twilight princess. Depending on how it ends.... it could be better than Ocarina of Time, Just saying
  93. Nov 23, 2011
    one word. awesome. everything that it gets picked on for seems to be absolute rubbish to me, controls are precise, accurate and well polished, artwork is beautiful (graphics snobs can **** right off now) and the gameplay, storyline and soundtrack are beyond what I expected. plus I got it one day early down here in Australia, nearly lost my mind, and haven't been let down since.
  94. Nov 24, 2011
    The game delivered exactly what fans hoped for and what casual players can enjoy. I don't see why you would alter the succeful formula of dungeons when they are so brilliantly made. The story is one that is worth paying attention to and the soundtrack is good as ever. I have no problem whatsoever with the motion controls, i find them a fresh take on playing a game that fits well. Surely if the game isn't for you, there is no reason to call it a bad game.. Expand
  95. Nov 21, 2011
    10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity, even while she is something fun and calculator. The control of the sword is the evolution we expected to see 5 years ago. Hours and hours of exploration, unexpected, exciting story. In short, a memorable milestone of Zelda in its 25 years of existence. Expand
  96. Nov 21, 2011
    It's amazing the feeling that this game give me. Graphics: is a kind of impressionist style, it's art in motion! you can pause the game and conteplate something amazing. Gameplay: The most innovative Zelda of all, a lot of FUN! you will be the hand of link using the master sword, run and jump as never and of course a lot of rpg options are added. Story: the mos lovely of all Zelda games were you can undertand many thing of the Zelda universe.

Conclusion: a epic game, a legend that gives you 50/100 hrs of FUN!
  97. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best game for the Wii! it shows what the Wii can really do. The controls are great and good so far. I was stuck sometimes at the start but that all change when i got used to the controls. The story is so far amazing and brilliant. This is my favorite game of the series and for the Wii. 10/10
  98. Nov 24, 2011

This is the game for the Wii and the best release in the past 10 years.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.