9.0

1. Jan 1, 2012
    This game doesn't stack up to other Zeldas like Ocarina or Wind Waker. For me, the darkness doesn't suit the series and being a wolf felt so boring and felt like an unnecessary addition. The controls were fine though but overall the game didn't give me motiviation to be completed.
  2. Jun 8, 2011
    This was a terrible game in comparison to OoT and Majoras Mask, I am ashamed at the direction Nintendo went with this

Too easy bosses, no love at all

Does not deserve such a high rating, I beat it once and have no desire ever to touch it again
  3. Dec 4, 2010
    I liked the game ok the first time, but after playing it again I really noticed... They were just trying to hard to make an epic game, and I don't feel like they did a good job of it.
    Ocarina of Time was an accidental hit if you really think about it; they weren't trying to create a great game, they were just experimenting with giving the Legend of Zelda series 3d graphics, and they just
    had fun with the rest. It also had a good story and a sort of hidden message about the loss of innocence with age.
    Twilight Princess is not Ocarina of Time. Twilight Princess basically attempts to add the darker two-world tone of A Link to the Past to Ocarina of Time. I won't go into specifics to prevent spoilers, but the bottom line is that they were just trying too hard. It had too many cheesy moments.
  4. Apr 3, 2011
    first off i would like to say that this was my first and only zelda game because this game has turned me off to the whole series. now for as to what is wrong with it when ever you are on your horse or in wolf mode it is so easy to get stuck on things unless you are only walking and not going fast but then there is no point of the horse in the begining becasue of this flaw. next up is the characters they do not look right they look like they were made on the Mii chanel or something because they have the same shaped heads that you can give your Miis but the actual game enviroment was beutiful so that is why i dont give it a 0. stay away and do yourself a huge favor Expand
  5. Nov 4, 2010
    The only Zelda games I have played prior to this title was "OOT", "Link to the Past", and "The Legend of Zelda." Going into this game I really wanted to like it. It started out really slow, and then it got really boring. The story was also awkward. You turn into a wolf with some giggly little cat looking thing on your back. Eventually you turn back into Link; and even he looks weird. I'm not one who stops playing a game halfway through it, but unfortunately I will have to on this one. Expand
  6. Feb 15, 2011
    This is my first Zelda game aside from a few hours on the N64. Everything is fun and all, but two things ruined the game for me. First, the fishing. Good luck getting that one figured out without going to youtube and watching a few demos frame by frame. That is the most frustrated and annoyed with a game that I have ever been in my almost 40 year life. It was unnecessary lack of functionality in the controls that almost made me throw the thing out the window. That made me wary of further annoyances and jaded me significantly. Second, the 3rd person moving camera. Just gotta love being attacked from offscreen and not being able to do anything about it. I do not like dying because of the camera. That's a deal breaker in any game. Tragic to have to pan a game with so much beauty but the fact I'm angry while writing this has to mean something. Expand
  7. Nov 12, 2013
    The Ocarina of Time is quite rightly regarded as one of the cornerstones of gaming and at the time it certainly raised the bar for the 3d action adventure genre. Perhaps it was the fact that The Wind Waker received a lot of criticism upon its release (I personally really enjoyed it) but for the final GameCube outing Nintendo decided to go back to the template used in their N64 classic. Unfortunately eight years later much of that template just feels dated. Travelling from dungeon to dungeon is a specific order just isn't able to hold my attention anymore and, while most are intelligently designed, none could exactly be considered original. The same could also be said of Twilight Princesses combat system which is lifted almost straight from The Wind Waker, yet strangely doesn't feel quite as fluent or satisfying.

If I’d never played a Zelda title before I’m sure I would have found plenty to enjoy in Twilight Princess but as it is I couldn't help as though I’d seen everything it has to offer more than once over the last decade.

An excellent addition (and homage to "Ocarina") to the franchise, and you'll have an enormous amount of fun playing it from start to finish. Get over the fact that the Wii's hardware is simply not as powerful as the other next-gen machines and get into the fact that Twilight Princess is one of the best games you'll play this year.
  2. It truly is, in my opinion, the best and longest Zelda ever made. With nearly 70 hours of playtime committed and more still to do, I cant think of a better experience or value this holiday season.
    Truly fantastic. It's not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it's much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that's at once new and familiar. It's rare to find a launch game that truly justifies the purchase of a new console, but this is precisely that.