The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii

9.0

1. Aug 9, 2017
    The most cinematic Zelda experience to date. I personally believe it's absolutely fantastic graphics, incredible soundtrack, surprisingly intense story, epic overworld, and award-winning boss fights are enough to overshadow a painfully tedious Wolf gimmick, a couple painful dungeons, and Zant being a major letdown of a villain. One of my favorite games of all time.
  2. Jul 12, 2017
    It really hurts me to see how underrated this game is. This game has a very interesting story, aside from a soundtrack that is surprisingly good to be synthetic. The gameplay is a lot of fun, also. I love the dungeons this game offers (except City in the Sky), since they have very clever puzzles that really make you think. The 7 Hidden Sword Skills you learn are very useful in combat andIt really hurts me to see how underrated this game is. This game has a very interesting story, aside from a soundtrack that is surprisingly good to be synthetic. The gameplay is a lot of fun, also. I love the dungeons this game offers (except City in the Sky), since they have very clever puzzles that really make you think. The 7 Hidden Sword Skills you learn are very useful in combat and offer various ways to kill enemies. The horseback combat is tricky to master, but later it becomes really fun to do. The sidequests are very interesting, and the Cave of Ordeals is really good in order to practice for combat. However, I still wish the bosses were harder and items got more uses. But this are really minor flaws in comparison to the rest of this masterpiece. It's IMO Nintendo's greatest game yet, and I really hope it gets more appreciated by the Zelda fans. Expand
  3. Rgc
    Jul 4, 2017
    After the tloz wind waker I left an empty, the game was fine but it did not feel like a main game of the saga. But good until this great game comes to the Wii (and the gamecube) and I was totally impressed.
    The gameplay is incredible.
    The soundtrack is amazing as any zelda The graphics are incredible despite being part of the Wii, its dark design captivates me instantly. It is a game
    The gameplay is incredible.
    The soundtrack is amazing as any zelda
    It is a game that anyone should play even if you have never played any tloz
  4. Jun 29, 2017
    Best Zelda Game! It has an amazing story, gameplay and feel. Deserves even more praise.

While Skyward Sword is considered to have an amazing story, it lacks in thought and gameplay. While breath of the wild excels in gameplay, thought and exploration, it lacks in story. Twilight princess is the best of both worlds. The story in my opinion is better then skyward swords. And while breath of the wild's world cannot be criticised, I have to say twilight princesses world has so much to do and it feels so relevant. Overall just play the game and see for yourself.
  5. May 19, 2017
    Un grandísimo juego de Zelda. Buena historia, grandes graficos... Su única pega es el WiiRemote que fastidia bastante la experiencia. Le pongo un 89/100
  6. Apr 28, 2017
    This game is my least favourite Zelda game, it has too many flaws to be enjoyable. I didn't enjoy the fact that items were only used in the dungeon they were found in (the spinner in arbitrer's grounds for example). The story is okay, the soundtrack is disappointing (it's not even orchestrated), the graphics have aged less well than Wind Waker's graphics, and the Wolf Link sections areThis game is my least favourite Zelda game, it has too many flaws to be enjoyable. I didn't enjoy the fact that items were only used in the dungeon they were found in (the spinner in arbitrer's grounds for example). The story is okay, the soundtrack is disappointing (it's not even orchestrated), the graphics have aged less well than Wind Waker's graphics, and the Wolf Link sections are long, tedious and boring. Also, the Boss battles are extremely easy and the AI is stupid, and for a game that's supposed to be "more mature" that's a letdown. The overworked may be huge, but it's empty. I'd rather play a game with a small but interesting overworld than spend hours crossing an emptying boring overworld. Do yourself a favour and skip this game, play Skyward Sword, or Ocarina of Time, those are much better. Expand
  7. Apr 27, 2017
    Uno de los mejores juegos de esta franquisia, una jugabilidad increible, un mapa increible, unos desafios increibles, una historia increible, mas la adicion de los mandos wii, es una experiencia unica.
  8. Apr 8, 2017
    lo unico q se le puede criticar es q a veces te aburres de jugar con el lobo y deseas con todas tus fuerzas q te dejen jugar de nuevo con Link normal. Igual es un juego excelente, trae lo mejor de Ocarina of Time y Majoras Mask y muchas cosas nuevas, siendo uno de los juegos mas completos de la saga
  9. Mar 17, 2017
    Amazing Zelda game. I love the darker style and theme of this Zelda and the game play ranging from combat to puzzles are still challenging to this day and it holds up well. And we don't have an annoying companion for once, Midna is actually useful and a decent character in the story other than a plug-in to frustrate you throughout the story.
  10. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is one of the worst Zelda games, it's not even a good game. The wolf link sections are SO boring. Hyrule field may seem massive, but it's actually empty.
  11. Feb 13, 2017
    My experience so far is a cycle between fun and boredom. Fun when I explore the dungeons, frustration when I end up backtracking. Fun when I'm a wolf looking for the water spirits, frustration when I have to look for all the bugs scattered across the map. These among other annoyances(certain platforming sections, unskippable cutscenes, etc.) make me rather indiffferent to the game. I thinkMy experience so far is a cycle between fun and boredom. Fun when I explore the dungeons, frustration when I end up backtracking. Fun when I'm a wolf looking for the water spirits, frustration when I have to look for all the bugs scattered across the map. These among other annoyances(certain platforming sections, unskippable cutscenes, etc.) make me rather indiffferent to the game. I think part of is my own stupidity makes the backtracking and bug hunting more difficult than it should be, but I nevertheless put this as warning to anyone who gets annoyed by the same stuff.

Update: I've finished the game, and I have some stuff to add. I really appreciate how they make sure every dungeon feels unique with their own atmosphere, especially towards the end, but they do that by giving you a new gadget in each dungeon, and some gadgets are almost only used for that dungeon. So it's very likely you'll forget how a gadget works or what puzzles it can solve when the game requires you to use it again in a different dungeon. So if you're feeling stuck, don't be afraid to use the walkthrough, because it really is the game's fault for giving you 15 different items and then ask you to use one after not having used it for the past 5 dungeons. Also, if you have a chance, play it on a GameCube, because goddamn is the wii remote bad. I can't tell you how many times I got stuck just because I forgot to press the camera button so I could look around and see the thing that was needed to progress. Another problem that was alleviated by a walkthrough.
  12. Jan 23, 2017
    Without doubt this is my favourite game on the Wii. The sheer depth of the land and the enjoyable gameplay immerse you completely within the game. The graphics are great with not too many long drawn out cutaway scenes. I found the game play to be smooth. The controls are excellent and easily picked up, the inventory system is easily managed and it's just really fun to play. I picked thisWithout doubt this is my favourite game on the Wii. The sheer depth of the land and the enjoyable gameplay immerse you completely within the game. The graphics are great with not too many long drawn out cutaway scenes. I found the game play to be smooth. The controls are excellent and easily picked up, the inventory system is easily managed and it's just really fun to play. I picked this game up second-hand for basically nothing which made it even better! I've had 50+hours of enjoyment rom this game. Deserves pride of place in any game collection. A must have title. Expand
  13. Jan 20, 2017
    probably 1 of the best Wii games and would definitely recommend for fans of action/adventure games

takes a while to complete but has really memorable bosses and has a ton of items.The dungeons are quite fun but like all Zelda games they require patients .The final Boss is amazing with 4 different stages.oh and take your time to look through the game you don't know what you might find.
  14. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 93/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  15. Nov 13, 2016
    This is honestly the most advanced Nintendogs sequel I have ever seen, they went IN A COMPLETELY different direction than I thought they were heading. Sadly you can only play as one type though, maybe there will be a corgi update or something.
  16. Nov 10, 2016
    For a fact this is one of my favorite Zelda games. Beautiful graphics and great. Great game mechanics as well. A definite must have for the Wii. 10/10
  17. Oct 8, 2016
    I can't describe what this game is actually like to play. The controls are so close to perfection, and the design of the overworld is incredible. The dungeons are incredible, with places like Goron Mines and Arbiter's Grounds showing what a dungeon should be. The gimmicks, such as the clawshot, iron boots and spinner are occasionally forgotten, but it introduces new features that don'tI can't describe what this game is actually like to play. The controls are so close to perfection, and the design of the overworld is incredible. The dungeons are incredible, with places like Goron Mines and Arbiter's Grounds showing what a dungeon should be. The gimmicks, such as the clawshot, iron boots and spinner are occasionally forgotten, but it introduces new features that don't distract from the core gameplay. And in it's conclusion, the ending is beyond words. Please just play this. Expand
  18. Aug 13, 2016
    I played through the entire game not having played a Zelda game before, and even though I can give it points for the obvious well-crafted nature of the game, it was so boring. I didn't really enjoy playing it at all, and maybe it's just me but everything felt quite bland and empty. The boss fights were uninspired, the dungeons were a pain to complete, and the wolf-human mechanic really wasI played through the entire game not having played a Zelda game before, and even though I can give it points for the obvious well-crafted nature of the game, it was so boring. I didn't really enjoy playing it at all, and maybe it's just me but everything felt quite bland and empty. The boss fights were uninspired, the dungeons were a pain to complete, and the wolf-human mechanic really was awful. I understand why this game could appeal to some, but it's not for me. Expand
  19. Aug 10, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is by far my favorite Zelda game. The game features lengthy gameplay, challenging dungeons and bosses, a vast open world, and an amazing story.
  20. Jun 19, 2016
    Nunca entendi o porque de tantas notas altas que esse jogo recebe. No geral achei o mundo de Twilight Princess muito vazio e sem graça, além de ser muito parecido com OoT. Mas não me entenda mal, o jogo de fato é bom, tem ótimas dungeons e possivelmente possui uma forte concorrente para a melhor companheira de Link de todos os tempos com a Midna. O jogo é bom mas não consigo assimilhá-loNunca entendi o porque de tantas notas altas que esse jogo recebe. No geral achei o mundo de Twilight Princess muito vazio e sem graça, além de ser muito parecido com OoT. Mas não me entenda mal, o jogo de fato é bom, tem ótimas dungeons e possivelmente possui uma forte concorrente para a melhor companheira de Link de todos os tempos com a Midna. O jogo é bom mas não consigo assimilhá-lo com os outros maravilhosos jogos da franquia.
    7,2/10
  21. May 15, 2016
    Прекрасная экшн-адвенчура, с проработанной до мелочей историей не отпустит игрока до самого конца. Путешествия по лесам, горам и полям, интересные и разнообразные головоломки делают эту игру одной из самых атмосферных игр, существующих вообще! Поиграть должен каждый уважающий себя владелец Wii!Прекрасная экшн-адвенчура, с проработанной до мелочей историей не отпустит игрока до самого конца. Путешествия по лесам, горам и полям, интересные и разнообразные головоломки делают эту игру одной из самых атмосферных игр, существующих вообще! Поиграть должен каждый уважающий себя владелец Wii!
  22. May 15, 2016
    Still one more Zelda game)) What we have? Cool gameplay, and... not so much, but scary storyline. I actually can say - this game best in Zelda series after Ocarina of Time))
  23. Apr 21, 2016
    Twilight Princess was my first Legend of Zelda game and I was very interested to see if the hype was justified for the so "best videogame series of all time" for the critics.

So first technically, as a Wii launch game the graphics are good, it's nothing a PS2 couldn't do (some games did look better) but with very good animations I was truly impressed by how the wolf and the horse movements were that realist. However there is also some big framerate drops when you fight a large number of enemies, so globally the game is far from perfect.

Gameplay wise the motion controls are not perfect either and it is not always easy to do the combo you were wishing for. That's the last bad thing I will say about the game because everything else is awesome, the game design is pure genius with a model of learning curb (it starts easy and gets more and more difficult), great puzzles, perfect pace for introducing new items, etc.

Concerning the story it is pretty good, even if predictable, personally I think the game could use voice overs (except Link of course where you have the power to imagine what you would have said in its place), but that's an artistic choice and I can respect that, the whole universe of the game is so wonderful, you can only wish to go to Hyrule after that. The game should last between 35 and 40 hours to finish it at 100%.

In conclusion Twilight Princess came close to be a master piece but unfortunately some defaults (most links to the hardware), I still advise the game for every one but if you have a Wii U take the remaster version the gamepad is a better way to play the game and the graphics are better.
  24. Apr 3, 2016
    I think this is the best Zelda yet it is no joke better than ocarina of time it is extremely fun and very long i did get a bug every once in a while but thats ok, although i did not like when midna turned into a human. All in all it is a pretty solid game and i love it.
  25. Mar 24, 2016
    Everything about this game is what makes The Legend of Zelda series so fantastic, and then some. Though some might argue it's just a "darker Ocarina of Time", Twilight Princess captures you and sends you into a journey that will make you glued to that Wii remote. Motion controls have never been so crisp, and it does give hope for the future of the technology, despite it being a port fromEverything about this game is what makes The Legend of Zelda series so fantastic, and then some. Though some might argue it's just a "darker Ocarina of Time", Twilight Princess captures you and sends you into a journey that will make you glued to that Wii remote. Motion controls have never been so crisp, and it does give hope for the future of the technology, despite it being a port from the GameCube.

Once you scrape through the strangely long introduction section and get that green tunic, you will have one of the best gaming experiences you will ever have.
  26. Mar 23, 2016
    In my opinion it is the best wii game ever!
    Awesome history and gameplay. The graphics are cool.
    The battle against Ganondorf is awesome. All the games need to have one battle like that!
  27. Mar 23, 2016
    It is true that it seems a copy of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker, but that does not matter. What matters is the content of the game and in particular I love it, has a story that gives you a great deal of emotion, and has a good soundtrack, realistic graphics, is in fact the Zelda with the more realistic graphics and has a satisfactory game play and is very good, this entertains youIt is true that it seems a copy of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker, but that does not matter. What matters is the content of the game and in particular I love it, has a story that gives you a great deal of emotion, and has a good soundtrack, realistic graphics, is in fact the Zelda with the more realistic graphics and has a satisfactory game play and is very good, this entertains you for hours, personally I would recommend a lot. Buy a GameCube or a Wii or install an emulator and also purchase the game. Expand
  28. Mar 4, 2016
    I'm biased. My first and favourite Zelda game to experience. I had a wonderful time in 2007 when I got it for my birthday. It has some of the best bosses and enemies in the series.
  29. Feb 28, 2016
    Awesome game EVER, One of the best games i ever seen from 2006-2007! Graphics are really cool, the soundtrack is awesome too, everything is AWESOME. That's why i rated this master piece with a 10.
  30. Feb 23, 2016
    Something I've been waiting for the Zelda franchise. For your Wii, don't forget to pick up a copy of Twilight Princess in any store which still sells Wii consoles and games.
  31. Feb 19, 2016
    esse ai fica empatado com o zelda skyward sword de melhores jogos que eu já joguei na vida. esse zelda foi um grande espetáculo, com sua linda e emocionante história, sua trilha sonora linda, seu mundo grande e muito bem feito, os melhores gráficos que eu já vi em um jogo da série zelda. Nintendo, por favor, que o novo zelda do wii u esteja a altura desse.
  32. Feb 13, 2016
    Este es uno de mis juegos favoritos, la jugabilidad es muy buena y al jugar se siente comodo.
    Contiene buenos puzzles para pasar el tiempo y pensar
    Muy buen juego
  33. Jan 14, 2016
    wonderful game right here it has flaws but the positives in this game out weigh the negatives. the only thing i don't recommend is collecting all of the po souls all you get is unlimited money i found it worth it but you may not
  34. Dec 13, 2015
    my favourite Zelda game after oot. the dungeons are great (outside of the great bay temple), the bosses are cool and the story and characters are great (special mention towards Midna for being an ally that doesn´t suck). the only problem is the light but that´s just a small issue
  35. Nov 30, 2015
    gostei muito desse jogo, o segundo melhor jogo da série zelda ficando atrás apenas do skyward sword, esse jogo é incrível, tem uma ótima história, tem os gráficos mais realistas que eu já vi em um jogo da série, boa jogabilidade pra época, ótima trilha sonora, tudo saiu bem, me diverti muito com esse jogo, recomendo a pessoas que gostam de jogos de aventura com segredos.
  36. Nov 11, 2015
    Let me just start by saying this. This game is truly a masterpiece. You may think I'm exaggerating, but the truth is that this game is one of the most immersive and addicting games I have ever played in my life. As a huge fan of previous Zelda titles, including the spectacular OoT and Majora's Mask, I'm proud to say that this series still remains one of the best. And for good reason.
    One
    One thing to note about this game is that the gameplay is significantly different from the experience that you may have experienced on the Gamecube. The whole game is a mirror image of the GC version, so don't go looking for Gamecube guides to help you with the Wii puzzle counterparts. The Wii controller is also completely different, and one of the coolest features is that swinging the Wiimote actually makes the Master Sword slash at enemies in the game. It's a really nice touch and it helps add to the tension of fights and boss battles.
    The land of Hyrule is as beautiful as ever, and it's never boring to explore the vast open world. With a nice array of dungeons, villages and towns, Hyrule truly does seem like a kingdom full of people and a multitude of side quests to complete.
    The story itself is probably the best I've seen in a Zelda title to date. Filled with likable characters, you find yourself always rooting for Link to save the day, while in some previous titles, the story wasn't a key factor that kept you playing. This game is full to the brim of a wide range of emotions, including happiness, dread, and sadness.
    The music in Twilight Princess is phenomenal. Everybody who worked on it has done an amazing job. Some tracks can take you back to the innocence of childhood and others can make you feel like a total badass. And of course, the soundtrack retains the iconic series theme and feel.

To me, everything about this game is perfect. The gameplay, narrative, visuals, and music all come together to form one truly fantastic game. I highly recommend this title to anyone and everyone.
  37. Nov 8, 2015
    One of the best games on Nintendo Wii, and greatest launch title Nintendo as ever produced.
    World is quite similar to Ocarina of Time, expansive and glamorous.
    Art style is excellent too, some kind of gothic fantastic art style with stunning graphics for its age Story is decent, but come on, Zelda never did appeal for it, Zelda appeal is for gameplay (here gameplay is better than ever)
    World is quite similar to Ocarina of Time, expansive and glamorous.
    Story is decent, but come on, Zelda never did appeal for it, Zelda appeal is for gameplay (here gameplay is better than ever) and dungeons (best dungeons in 3D Zelda are here,too)
    Only thing i did not like was difficulty.
    This game was extremely easy. I would say it was too easy I only died on the final boss.
    Anyway, this game is the best expression of classic Zelda since Ocarina of Time, and a must have for any Wii owners
  38. Nov 4, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a game that both Nintendo Fans and non-Nintendo Fans will enjoy. This is easily, my favourite game in the entire franchise of the Legend of Zelda. Let's break it down, shall we?

A: Music/Sounds Easily the best in the Legend of Zelda franchise, and they are quite notorious for their amazing music. The sounds are also great, but it is the pure

A: Music/Sounds

Easily the best in the Legend of Zelda franchise, and they are quite notorious for their amazing music. The sounds are also great, but it is the pure stunning music that really shines in the spotlight. If you have even listened to a fraction of atleast one of their soundtracks, then you will know what I am talking about. The music goes perfectly with the scenario, with sounds to top it off. You can really hear that sword being swung, literally. The music helps you to immerse yourself in the massive Twilight Princess lore.

10/10 WITH my Thumbs Up of Approval

B: Graphics

As this game was ported over from the Gamecube, the graphics are not as good as they could have been. BUT, the amazing amount of detail on each of the characters, however, is a totally different story. Every character has been amazingly well designed. Especially Link and Midna. Have you even seen Ganondorf? The amount of detail on his armour is outstanding. I had no idea that the Gamecube could have such amazing graphics! Unfortunately, the landscape in the game is noticeably... not perfect. But, once you start playing the game you will easily forget about it.

C: Gameplay

You know, you don't know how many times I have heard people say that the Gamecube version of this game is better, as it has the Gamecube Controller as a remote. They also say that the Wii-Remote is not very good with the game. That, my friends, is a total lie. The game's gameplay is amazing. The fluent movement of the enemies, matching with you in REAL LIFE swinging your virtual sword to strike them down. The camera angle can get a little finicky at times, but I can easily forgive that.

D: Story

Oh my lord, this is where the game truly stands out. You start out as a farmboy in a small town. Until one day, you accidentally get taken and held prisoner in a different realm. A little imp lady named Midna helps you escape, after Link realises that he has infact transformed into a wolf. I won't get into any more than that, to stop you from getting any spoilers. Let me tell you now that the Story is possibly the best in the franchise, and it almost brought me to tears at the end of the game.

10/10 WITH my Thumbs Up of Approval

That is everything that I needed to break down, now it is time for the overall rating. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a must own, for the Gamecube, Wii and Wii U. This is the definitive game for the Gamecube and the Wii. This is the highest rating I have ever given a game.

10/10 WITH my 2006 GOTY Award AND Gamecube/Wii Definitive Game Award
  39. Nov 3, 2015
    Easily the best Zelda title ever made. Ocarina was a great game, but it was a tad too long and the controls were not to my liking. Twilight Princess adheres to the traditional Zelda formula while creating a new experience simultaneously.
  40. Oct 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Epic Sigh*
    ... I really don't wanna review this game. No matter how I rate a Video Game, somebody's gonna be mad. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a prime example of that. So what are my overall thoughts on this game? Well, I like this! I really do. If I could do halves, then I would rate a 9.5, but through the fact of people probably wanting my head on a silver platter if I rated 10, I'm giving a 9.
    Let me start with my problems with the game; there's a few. 1: The color. There's something about this game's overworld being so dark that just... bugs me. Speaking of bugs, 2: Bugs. The golden bugs sidequest was a bit longer than I would've hoped. And 3: It's really dark. Literally, any glare that gets on your screen playing this, it will ruin it. Other than that, what do I like about this game?
    Trust me, this game gives you the feels. It's emotional. Brings out happiness, sadness, and lots of fear. When I played this in 2006, I had nightmares about the Dark Interlopers. I'll be reviewing my favorite Zelda game after this one, but I'll have you know that this is my 3rd favorite for sure.
  41. Sep 30, 2015
    awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome
  42. Sep 1, 2015
    I love the dark tone of this game. Even though it shows it's age due to it being a Wii game, it doesn't bother me one bit. I think that (just like Ocarina of Time) Twilight Princess is one of those games that video gamers should play through at least once.
  43. Aug 22, 2015
    It's a great game that I did really enjoy. Although I often felt like I was fighting with the controls. I often found that link would perform the wrong moves, for example, half the time I was trying to do the back slash he would charge forward like an idiot and take a hit. I really missed the precision of using a normal controller, the combat in Wind Waker on the GameCube was more fun andIt's a great game that I did really enjoy. Although I often felt like I was fighting with the controls. I often found that link would perform the wrong moves, for example, half the time I was trying to do the back slash he would charge forward like an idiot and take a hit. I really missed the precision of using a normal controller, the combat in Wind Waker on the GameCube was more fun and responsive.
    I also found that the joystick was not as accurate as those on the controller. It made platforming very annoying at times.

The characters were great in this game, I especially took a liking to Midna. The wolf form was awesome too. I felt like this game had some darker parts to it, it reminded me a little of Majora's Mask - I loved those aspects.

Although fun, the bosses were way too easy. The last one was a joke, he wasn't very tough at all lol.
    I really enjoyed most of the dungeons, minus that f*****g Sky City, I've never been so frustrated in my life. I rushed through that whole place as quickly as possible. That dungeon is the worst I've ever been in, it p****d me off way more than the Water Temple...
    I was really looking forward to then Sky City too, I expected something... Cooler.
    But it was plain, boring, and the noise of those Ooccoo's drove me spare.

I loved the throwbacks to then older games though, such as certains characters and songs.
    The boss, enemy and character designs were great. Loved the twilight creatures.
    I thought the new weapons and stuff were pretty cool too.

I played this on my Wii U which looked WAY better than the Wii. Wqs very happy with the upscale. :)

Overall, there were some annoying parts, but it's still a fantastic game that's really worth playing.
    I enjoyed it and will pick it up again sometime in the future.
  44. Jul 17, 2015
    When I first got the game I played it for a few hours and thought it was really good. But as the game goes on it gets really bad. Twilight Princess is very boring and repetitive, and full of way too many puzzles. Video games are supposed to be fun, this game is not fun at all. If you love puzzles you'll love this game, but if you don't and you're just looking for fun then this game is not for you.
  45. Jul 5, 2015
    Not only is Twilight Princess arguably the best Zelda game, but also the best Wii. While the controls are not perfect and the over-world lacks the flair of some of the other Zelda games, the characters (especially Midna), story, and look of Twilight Princess is what makes this game so memorable. While many seem to compare both TP and Ocarina of Time (another amazing Zelda game), they, toNot only is Twilight Princess arguably the best Zelda game, but also the best Wii. While the controls are not perfect and the over-world lacks the flair of some of the other Zelda games, the characters (especially Midna), story, and look of Twilight Princess is what makes this game so memorable. While many seem to compare both TP and Ocarina of Time (another amazing Zelda game), they, to me, are pretty different. The characters feel more developed in TP and while I feel that OOT has better dungeons overall, some of TP's dungeons surpass some of OOT's. The music is beautiful, the art style is still impressive to this day, and, overall, this game is brilliant and easily one of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  46. May 29, 2015
    This is my least favorite Zelda game out of the ones I have played, the game is too dark, and repetitive in a couple of areas. Characters feel underdeveloped, the only one I actually cared about was Midna who was helping you throughout the game. Out in the world from dungeons felt blank, I didn't enjoy having to do a crap load of stuff before moving on to the next dungeon. When TwilightThis is my least favorite Zelda game out of the ones I have played, the game is too dark, and repetitive in a couple of areas. Characters feel underdeveloped, the only one I actually cared about was Midna who was helping you throughout the game. Out in the world from dungeons felt blank, I didn't enjoy having to do a crap load of stuff before moving on to the next dungeon. When Twilight Princess kicked off, I never had any desire of playing it again after beating it only one time, doesn't shine as much as other Zelda games. I never seemed to enjoy this one as much as I did with others. Expand
  47. May 22, 2015
    After the cel-shaded Wind Waker came Twilight Princess, an all-around darker Zelda game. Illia, a girl form Link’s village, is kidnapped early on so Link sets out on Epona to find her. The plot quickly becomes so much more than that, though, when Link learns of the usurper king of the Twilight Realm’s plans and is determined to thwart them with some help from the outstanding side-characterAfter the cel-shaded Wind Waker came Twilight Princess, an all-around darker Zelda game. Illia, a girl form Link’s village, is kidnapped early on so Link sets out on Epona to find her. The plot quickly becomes so much more than that, though, when Link learns of the usurper king of the Twilight Realm’s plans and is determined to thwart them with some help from the outstanding side-character Midna. This game takes elements that worked from Ocarina of Time but improves upon them, offering nine unique dungeons, excellent music, and polished gameplay. It’s fairly familiar (you’ll get a bow and arrow, traverse puzzle-filled dungeons, etc.) but adds enough to feel unique and fresh ( you’ll get a the ball and chain, for example). Also, many of the characters you meet are pretty memorable. It's not perfect, to be sure, but its quality elements described add up to one amazing adventure game. Expand
  48. Apr 13, 2015
    Decided to do another play through after completing Majora's Mask 3D and I forgot exactly how brilliant this game is. The story is emotional, the art style is perfect, the characters are intriguing. The controls are smooth and comfortable and not to the point of overkill (I'm looking at you, Skyward Sword). After playing through again, I'm convinced that this game, along side of Majora'sDecided to do another play through after completing Majora's Mask 3D and I forgot exactly how brilliant this game is. The story is emotional, the art style is perfect, the characters are intriguing. The controls are smooth and comfortable and not to the point of overkill (I'm looking at you, Skyward Sword). After playing through again, I'm convinced that this game, along side of Majora's Mask are my top 2 favorites of the Zelda series. Warning: this game is extremely addictive. Expand
  49. Apr 3, 2015
    This is probably the best Zelda title since Ocarina of Time, the story is amazing and being able to transform into a wolf was an interesting innovation from nintendo allowing fans to play the game in ways never possible before adding a new perspective to the series, even allowing you to communicate with critters. The addition of Midna as Links companion in the game allows for someThis is probably the best Zelda title since Ocarina of Time, the story is amazing and being able to transform into a wolf was an interesting innovation from nintendo allowing fans to play the game in ways never possible before adding a new perspective to the series, even allowing you to communicate with critters. The addition of Midna as Links companion in the game allows for some additional comical and emotional elements to the game allowing for a more immersive experience. As far as innovative new weapons go twilight princess does offer some strange new items, one of which allows link to move along the walls, however unfortunately aside from that the game just reuses old ideas. gameplay much reflects much reflects the traditional style of previous games which is not a bad thing however the addition of Midna allows for a wonderful new ability allowing you to attack multiple enemies at once hic comes in really useful, however this ability is only available to Link in wolf form. A downside to this game is the level of difficulty, which has been considerably watered down since the N64 era and that is why for me Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and A Link to the past still out shine this chapter but that is not to take away this games right to claim itself as Wii's best Zelda title as it is still miles better that Skyward Sword and absolutely one of Wii's All time top 3 titles. If you have never played this game then what are you waiting for. Expand
  50. Mar 22, 2015
    I am time and time again impressed by the Zelda series. There's never been a game in the franchise I haven't enjoyed. Twilight Princess, with its realistic art direction and engaging storyline, is no exception. The game appears to be a love letter to Ocarina of Time fans, which I certainly am. Wolf Link is one of my favorite additions as well as the sassy character of Midna. I had noI am time and time again impressed by the Zelda series. There's never been a game in the franchise I haven't enjoyed. Twilight Princess, with its realistic art direction and engaging storyline, is no exception. The game appears to be a love letter to Ocarina of Time fans, which I certainly am. Wolf Link is one of my favorite additions as well as the sassy character of Midna. I had no problem with the motion controls and I found this to be one of the best installments in the series. Expand
  51. Feb 12, 2015
    Picked this up a while back, and had an absolute blast with it.
    Recommended without hesitation to anyone.
    No previous knowledge of Zelda games required either.
    A solid buy.
  52. Feb 9, 2015
    Yeah, really good game.
    Graphics are superb considering the limitations of the WII.
    So much to do here, you can while away hours just fishing for the hell of it if you want.
    Sound's good too.
    A little darker in places than some other WII games. but nothing wrong with that!
    If you've got a WII, buy it!
  53. Feb 3, 2015
    This won't be a long review!
    Here you have classic Zelda. The graphics are really atmospheric, and the story and characters are great.
    The whole thing is really immersive, the sound treatment is awesome. Just buy it.
    Wish more games were as much fun and just plain damn good as this.
  54. Feb 3, 2015
    Amazing game, full of life and stuff to do. Look at this, and then the rest of the stuff in your collection and weep.
    All gamers and designers should be forced to play this game...
  55. Jan 30, 2015
    Finding a title as good as this, that has this much depth, characterization, stuff to do, unexpected delights and sheer FUN is what makes being a gamer worthwhile.

It's awesome, so just buy it. The only downside is that most of your other games are going to look terrible in comparison. Seriously.
  56. Jan 21, 2015
    I don't know why i just beat the game. I should've played it awhile ago but anyway this game is great. The art style is def my favorite out of all zelda games. This game had very good gameplay which i thought the sword and the wii motion sensor wouldn't do well but i was wrong. twilight Link and epona are my favorite because they look like how the hero and his noble steed should look;I don't know why i just beat the game. I should've played it awhile ago but anyway this game is great. The art style is def my favorite out of all zelda games. This game had very good gameplay which i thought the sword and the wii motion sensor wouldn't do well but i was wrong. twilight Link and epona are my favorite because they look like how the hero and his noble steed should look; Strong, cut, and well matured. Twilight had a huge map and a lot of exploration. Although it did not have many side missions the main story was very long so you didn't have to worry about it being short. The amount of cool weapons and strength link had in this game you couldn't argue that he is not the strongest link out of the whole series (besides majors mask link aka the hero of time kid link) The bosses in this game were fun and the dungeons were so creative. This is just another great Zelda game to add on to the franchise Expand
  57. Dec 31, 2014
    Man was I hyped when I saw the first trailer for this game and man was I disappointed when i played it. Maybe I had to high expectations for this game, It's a good game but I can't help comparing it to OoT. A game 8 years older still was more inovative and challenging than twilight princess was.
    Honestly can't remember a single thing about the story, Ganon was there and i think that fight was cool. Turning into a wolf was pointless and tedious, mirna o mina or whatever her name is was ok, far better than navi but i'd prefer if you didn't have to walk around having a flying partner telling you everything.

I liked this game, but i regret spending 60 bucks on it, wasn`t worth it, maybe a rental LOL
  58. Dec 29, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of the few games to go out and buy a 300 dollar gaming system to play.

While playing the game, it seems to follow a much darker and edgy version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which how can you not love that? When starting the game, the requirement of the Wii Remote and Nunchuck was a bit of a disappointment since i have the

When starting the game, the requirement of the Wii Remote and Nunchuck was a bit of a disappointment since i have the classic pro controller, but the controls were not quite as bad as i would of expected. Controls overall feel great, both in your human form and wolf form. There are a few minigames like the one on a snowboard where controls feel wonky and you can easily make a small turn and end up hitting the way. Swimming feels weird, when wearing the Hero's Tunic A is to "sprint" or swim faster, but wearing to Zora's Tunic A is to dive. I found out multiple times that I'm just trying to swim faster and i will accidentally dive when I didn't mean to. Once you get used to it, it isn't too bad. Overall the controls with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck aren't all bad, i just wish support for the classic pro controller was added.

Storywise it was fantastic. I was so hooked. My first playthou was over 40 hours without even doing the side quests or collecting heart pieces. The shear amount of dungeons and content actually surprised me since i had just finished Wind Waker HD and it felt a bit...empty? Going though some of the dungeons and hearing some of that Ocarina of Time blew my mind. All the new music is also very good used throughout the dungeons. You spend a lot of time building up and devolping around Zant, i wish they had give you a bit more time and development with Ganondorf, the final confrontation, while good, felt a bit rushed. Overall the new twilight realm felt amazing. Going between the light and dark world was awesome. Even the ending felt awesome, and sad at the same time.

Overall this is a great addition to the Zelda library. 9/10
  59. Dec 16, 2014
    Awesome game. Possibly one of my favourite games ever.
    So much to do in the game, it's wonderful, truly wonderful. Feels like a real, living world. Wish there were more games of this solid quality around.
  60. Nov 29, 2014
    I love this game,this was one of the first if not, the first zelda game I played and no other zelda game has matched the beauty that this game is.This game was brilliant when I first played and when I came back to it recently,I still love it which shows that old games can be still fun.As a WII game,the controls are, at first,quite clunky but I can forgive since to me, the Wii haas alwaysI love this game,this was one of the first if not, the first zelda game I played and no other zelda game has matched the beauty that this game is.This game was brilliant when I first played and when I came back to it recently,I still love it which shows that old games can be still fun.As a WII game,the controls are, at first,quite clunky but I can forgive since to me, the Wii haas always been a bit clunky but you will get used to it Expand
  61. Nov 20, 2014
    Almost pure perfection
    This game if they invested a little bit of replay value and some extra characters could not just have been great with its story, plot combat and unforgettable characters it could have been extraordinary and get pure fantastic acclaim.
    Almost pure perfection
    This game is one of the true Zelda masterpieces and I have not given it the recognition it deserves it is completely misrepresented by both me and Hyrule Warriors and I need to get a run that's at least partially worthy of it I know it will take plenty of effort but there are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going
  62. Nov 2, 2014
    As a wii game, you have to admit it pretty good. Storyline, bosses, controls and characters wise.
    They wanted to try a new visual and did so by choosing a darker colour tone which apparently a lot of people hate. I thought the colour scheme made the environment more intense.
    I love this game so much. I think anyone who is playing a Zelda game for the first time or truly appreciate the Zelda franchise will definitely appreciate this game.
  63. Oct 31, 2014
    Incredible game. Even though I prefer the brighter art styles of other zelda games such an Wind Waker and Skyward Sword this game is still incredibe to play. The only thing is sometimes it can get a little to dark and not have enough color
  64. Oct 15, 2014
    This was probably my 2nd favorite zelda game out of the series [first being, of course, ocarina of time]. The game has so much about it to love from the fighting system to the creativity of the temples to how vast the entire world is. So much love for this game.
  65. Oct 13, 2014
    An awesome, lengthy game with a great story and good characters. There are tons of dungeons for you to discover and this game never becomes tedious. The bosses are pretty epic, there are several sidequests that you can attempt to complete, such as fishing, Poe hunting or bug collecting. The world is quite huge and is varied enough so as not to feel boring. The whole game has a dark toneAn awesome, lengthy game with a great story and good characters. There are tons of dungeons for you to discover and this game never becomes tedious. The bosses are pretty epic, there are several sidequests that you can attempt to complete, such as fishing, Poe hunting or bug collecting. The world is quite huge and is varied enough so as not to feel boring. The whole game has a dark tone that is nice to see in a Zelda game. Also, Midna is easily the best companion. You have to play this game! Expand
  66. Oct 11, 2014
    I honestly don't see why people hate this game. It has lots of mini games, collectible items, and side quests to keep you playing after you finish the story, not to mention just exploring the vast world. The controls are okay, I only wish that if you stabbed, or vertical or horizontal slashed, it would do that same action. Not 1 to 1 like Skyward Sword, but with more difference betweenI honestly don't see why people hate this game. It has lots of mini games, collectible items, and side quests to keep you playing after you finish the story, not to mention just exploring the vast world. The controls are okay, I only wish that if you stabbed, or vertical or horizontal slashed, it would do that same action. Not 1 to 1 like Skyward Sword, but with more difference between moves. But it doesn't really matter, because you can learn advance sword techniques to mix up the combat, although the actual gestures can be tricky to pull off due to controls, and it would have been nice to have an option to play it with the classic pro, or GameCube controller would be nice. Its also a darker tone than other Zelda games. The cinematics are epic, but creepy, and they leave you feeling hopeless, and its sort of touching. Some of the characters aren't handled well, like Zant, Ganon, Ilia, and Zelda, and it would have been nice to have voice acting, and better facial animations, but its not a big deal. Lastly, the dungeons and items are fantastic. Seriously, these puzzles are great and the bosses are amazing, if easy. Its unfortunate that the Spinner, Ball and Chain, and Dominion rod aren't worth poop out of their dungeons, but it's, yet again, not a big problem. A truly epic Zelda game, and the best I've played. Expand
  67. Sep 25, 2014
    "Twilight Princess" is one of my favorite Legend of Zelda video games. The story is the best part of the game; it's engrossing, dark, interesting, and quite deep. The graphics look great, the dungeons are extremely well designed, and the world is very huge and expansive, leaving a lot to explore. Some negative points are that the items are very rarely used after the dungeon you find them"Twilight Princess" is one of my favorite Legend of Zelda video games. The story is the best part of the game; it's engrossing, dark, interesting, and quite deep. The graphics look great, the dungeons are extremely well designed, and the world is very huge and expansive, leaving a lot to explore. Some negative points are that the items are very rarely used after the dungeon you find them in is completed, and it is overall a very easy game. Despite those flaws, it's one of the best Zelda games and one of the best Wii games. Expand
  68. Sep 13, 2014
    playning as wolf was borinnnngggg, and hmm. Most are copies from OOT i know TP is a sequelc timeline OOT but Nintendo Should make better some think not copies old good idea from oot 7/10
  69. Sep 3, 2014
    The amount of hate over the years for this game is incredible. I can't understand why so many people didn't like it. Although, I do admit the Wolf sections were pretty lame... but unique. The rest of the game shines, easily making it into my top 5 Zelda games of all time. The longest game in the series, and the darkest, Twilight Princess is a must-play for any Zelda fan or anyone who wantsThe amount of hate over the years for this game is incredible. I can't understand why so many people didn't like it. Although, I do admit the Wolf sections were pretty lame... but unique. The rest of the game shines, easily making it into my top 5 Zelda games of all time. The longest game in the series, and the darkest, Twilight Princess is a must-play for any Zelda fan or anyone who wants to get into the series. (Yes, the Wii version controls are a bit weird at first, but that's not the point because it was a great game) Expand
  70. Aug 10, 2014
    One of the finest games ever made, and definitely the best Zelda game to date. A definition of the action/adventure genre, and a true gem.

This game will take you 50++ hours to complete, and you will not want to put down the controller untill you've saved Hyrule and the Princess Zelda.
  71. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Although this is one of my absolute favorite Zelda games I can't give it a 10. The story fits in beautifully after Majora's Mask, the graphics and music is absolutely amazing. I love the twists and turns throughout the story, the villains, and how you finally, FINALLY get to sword fight Gannondorf. Even your guide/assistant (Midna) is enjoyable because you get to know the backstory of her and her people (Personal Theory: Her people are the ones who made Majora's Mask). I enjoy the twilight realm and how you can turn into a beast....the bosses are fun and the temples are interesting BUT as much as I love this game there are still a few problems.

My biggest problem with this game on the Wii.... Link is RIGHT handed. No joke, LINK.... notoriously and ALWAYS LEFT handed before, is now RIGHT handed. Continuity issue! Sure, I understand why they did it with the wii-mote controls and such (you swing the wii-mote to swing the sword and most people are right handed and it would be weird to be cross swinging on the screen) but still. I think it's kinda cool how they utilized the wii-mote in aiming your arrows, swinging the sword, etc but the issue is still present and as a major Zelda fan and it irks me to no end and is the main reason I can't give this a 10.
    Secondly, what the hell is up with Gannon? He looks like an old man in curlers.... they should have kept the design and improved the graphics from OoT's Gannon.
    Thirdly, the fight with Zant is just... bad. He's intimidating up until you fight him and after you do or in any replays of the game you can't take him seriously anymore because he fights like he's having a little temper-tantrum.
    Fourthly- For a Zelda game, it is a bit on the easy side (not that it really takes away from it and is a great way to introduce new players to the franchise) and sadly, being on the wii, it doesn't have HD capabilities meaning there are some jagged edges and blurriness but even so, it still looks nice and is still improved from the N64 graphics by a lot
    Finally- the ending makes Link seem kinda retarded with what Midna (almost) says to him. I REALLY am hoping for Midna to return in another Zelda game... a sequel to Twilight Princess story wise keeping the same (or better) graphics and music etc.

I still love this game though, even on the wii it's amazing...story, music, graphics, gameplay, it's all there and fantastic and solid.
  72. Jun 19, 2014
    Twilight Princess has the richest overworld in the Zelda franchise while still managing to have interesting characters and fantastically crafted dungeons. The art style is beautiful and immersive, and the fresh ideas the game introduces are outstanding.
  73. Jun 5, 2014
    A darker Legend of Zelda game that I didn't expect to enjoy as much as the others, but I did. I doubt I will ever be disappointed with a LoZ game. It might be one of the few ones I wouldn't recommend to young children though, it can be pretty scary at points. I loved it.
  74. Mar 31, 2014
    While Twilight Princess is probably my least favorite 3D Zelda game, I think that it is indeed another great Zelda game that everyone should check out. This story was great! However it was maybe trying a little too hard to be dark at times even the atmosphere is dark enough to the point where it may even be a bit unsettling. I like the wide open space in this game and the many differentWhile Twilight Princess is probably my least favorite 3D Zelda game, I think that it is indeed another great Zelda game that everyone should check out. This story was great! However it was maybe trying a little too hard to be dark at times even the atmosphere is dark enough to the point where it may even be a bit unsettling. I like the wide open space in this game and the many different locations, this is definitely one of the most elaborate worlds seen in a Zelda game which could also be a problem because of all the walking; of course you do have Epona, but she isn't much help until later on in the game; so I think that if this wide open space is ever used again, There should either be more things to do out on the field or there should be faster transportation from the get-go or both. The graphics are also pretty good, they are nicely done to look more realistic, but I really don't mind cartoonish looks like what they had in The Wind Waker. This game also had some really epic moments like the final battle and even some battles between tons of enemies; sure a lot of it felt like fan service which could either be a good or bad thing but it was cool. The dungeons were also cool, especially Arbiter's Grounds, the only problem this game had with these that isn't really found in other Zeldas is the items are not used much after being used in their founding dungeon; for example it was fun using the Spinner in Arbiter's Grounds, but after that dungeon you literally only use that item again like about 3 or 4 more times or so. Despite me pointing out all these problems I highly recommend TP, you can get it now on Wii and GameCube (keep in mind that the Wii version is a little more common). Expand
  75. Mar 19, 2014
    Un juego Buenisimo para el Wii,la historia se cuenta bien (tambien cuenta con partes tan tristes que no podras evitar soltar una lagrima o 2) Epona se maneja Bien ahora permitiendote usar la espada ,las flechas y un monton de objetos mas que no se podian usar en OOT,ademas la forma de lobo cambia totalmente el gameplay (o controles del juego) permitiendote Ver hyrule de una formaUn juego Buenisimo para el Wii,la historia se cuenta bien (tambien cuenta con partes tan tristes que no podras evitar soltar una lagrima o 2) Epona se maneja Bien ahora permitiendote usar la espada ,las flechas y un monton de objetos mas que no se podian usar en OOT,ademas la forma de lobo cambia totalmente el gameplay (o controles del juego) permitiendote Ver hyrule de una forma diferente y que no pensamos jamas,eso mas la adicion de el crepusculo (o el lado corrupto de hyrule) hace un aventura tetrica y salvaje de TLOZ Jamas vista antes
    Hay cosas que no me gustaron:Los controles a veces te dejan cansado,ademas Midna Es Molestas en ciertas partes (a veces dice cosas taaaan obvias)
    8 de 10
  76. Jan 23, 2014
    Severely underrated and one of the best zelda games ever that shouldn't be missed out by anyone. I don't care how different or realistic this game is, Twilight Princess is a magnificent game.
  77. Jan 8, 2014
    This is my favorite game of all time and i have no shame in stating that. Everything about this game is perfect: the music, the story, the characters, the atmosphere and tone, the visual style, the bosses (though easy), the dungeons, everything about this game is perfect. I definitely consider this one of the upper-echelon and just downright best games ever made. If you have a Wii or aThis is my favorite game of all time and i have no shame in stating that. Everything about this game is perfect: the music, the story, the characters, the atmosphere and tone, the visual style, the bosses (though easy), the dungeons, everything about this game is perfect. I definitely consider this one of the upper-echelon and just downright best games ever made. If you have a Wii or a GameCube, you should already have this game in your library and if you are playing it right now, keep playing it. If you don't have this game, it is a must buy. Seriously, you are not going to regret it. Expand
  78. Jan 7, 2014
    I really loved this game, it's one of 3 reasons I still have my Wii. I actually liked it better than Skyward Sword. The only criticism I have is I wasn't very compelled to explore away from where I had to go. There are a lot of secret areas I missed... for example I never went to the bug collector's house. But maybe that's just me.
  79. Jan 1, 2014
    Twilight princess is an incredible game the game is huge the mature feel of the games is great .graphics and sounds are perfect the controls are flawless
    The game is phenomenal and you will love it
  80. Dec 31, 2013
    I feel kind of bad for Nintendo. They are stuck between nostalgia and originality. If they were to present a new idea, complaints would arise about fan-favorites being excluded. If they brought in the fan-favorites, complaints would arise of lack of freshness. I felt the latter. This game relied very heavily on Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and felt like an exact mix of those two. II feel kind of bad for Nintendo. They are stuck between nostalgia and originality. If they were to present a new idea, complaints would arise about fan-favorites being excluded. If they brought in the fan-favorites, complaints would arise of lack of freshness. I felt the latter. This game relied very heavily on Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and felt like an exact mix of those two. I also felt there was a lot of obvious filler in the game such as the owl statues across Hyrule. A button to press for the sword would have been more concise, in my opinion. I really wish there was another way for the camera to rotate besides Z-targeting. However, this game still is one of my favorite Zelda games. The transition from human to wolf was short and smooth. The score is amazing and the Arbiter's Grounds and Snowpeak Ruins temples take the cake with 3-D Zelda temples. The final boss was truly epic, but kind of easy. If the bosses and overall game were harder, Twilight Princess could have been the best. The hardest part was the cave of ordeals and it is really boring and merely challenging (took me 3 tries). Also, there are far too many rupees in the game, and I could not even get rid of them fast enough. Overall, great game, but the later bosses should have made me die at least once, and, sadly, did not. Expand
  81. Dec 13, 2013
    Great game with good pacing, beautiful landscapes, well made story, exciting and interactive open world, and a good balance in dungeon/side quest difficulty!
  82. Dec 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great atmosphere and artistic style
    + Good dungeon design
    + Most well-made character-driven story in Zelda still.

- Easy all-around, and boss battles are consistently let-downs for anyone who's beaten Ocarina of Time or like.
    - The size of the world doesn't balance out very well with the content it holds. It lacks life and is generally poorly realised
    - The final bossfight is a huge let-down. It feels downright mediocre and tacked-on.
    - The story falls apart towards the last section, and the payoff could've been a lot better.

Overall, this is still a very memorable Zelda game, but even after my first playthrough when I was only 12 years old, I was disappointed at the final section of the game and I did notice how simplistic and downright cakewalks the boss-battles were, particularly the second and third ones. The final boss just felt hamfisted and honestly I don't know if Nintendo were rushed or just didn't feel the fire for it. It was a huge missed opportunity and it highly diminished another "antagonist's" role in the game.

8/10: A very good game in its own right, but maybe not a very good Zelda game.
  83. Dec 3, 2013
    One of the best launch titles on the Wii.With its great bitter sweet story,adventurous atmosphere and interesting puzzles makes this game a superb title.Not to mention a lovely soundtrack.
  84. Nov 27, 2013
    Twilight Princess is a difficult game to review. On my first playthrough of the game, I had never experienced Ocarina of Time, one of the most immersive experiences in video game history. While Twilight Princess seemed innovative in design, I didn't realize that nearly every aspect of the story had been borrowed from Ocarina. It seems as though Ocarina was a revolutionary template thatTwilight Princess is a difficult game to review. On my first playthrough of the game, I had never experienced Ocarina of Time, one of the most immersive experiences in video game history. While Twilight Princess seemed innovative in design, I didn't realize that nearly every aspect of the story had been borrowed from Ocarina. It seems as though Ocarina was a revolutionary template that Twilight Princess uses, rather than builds upon. That being said, does the game hold its own in the Zelda universe as a stand alone adventure?
    The story will sound familiar to anyone who has played a Zelda game before. Link, the Hero of Time, must save the land of Hyrule from certain demise by defeating the evil Ganondorf, saving Princess Zelda, and obtaining the Master Sword. Only this time, the twist is that the land is being covered in a darkness known as the Twilight Realm. This world collides with Hyrule, and Link must traverse between worlds to save them both from Ganon's rage. Not only does Link transform into a wolf in the Twilight Realm, he also meets a Navi-esque companion named Midna, who aids Link in his quest. Midna is the best part of the experience, giving the game some life with snarky commentary, a definite change in attitude as the story progresses, and a genuinely heartbreaking farewell.
    However, Midna is perhaps the only investing part of the game. The rest seems just as lifeless and depressing as the Twilight Realm itself. Hyrule Field is huge in scope and impressive to explore, but there's practically nothing worthwhile to look for, feeling more of a wasted opportunity than an enticing overworld full of mystery. The dungeons suffer from a lack of ingenuity, following a cookie-cutter layout of finding keys to open doors, and offering little excitement in terms of swordplay or puzzle-solving. Even Link fails in this regard. Although it's hard to give a voiceless protagonist personality, the prior Links all were memorable in their own ways. Twilight Link gives off a feeling of perpetual moodiness, making it seem that he isn't even enjoying the game he was put in. Add all of that to a beautiful score hindered by its lack of orchestra and dull graphics that contrast the energized colors of the previous games, and one realizes how this attempt at making the game darker limits both creativity and fun for the player.
    With all of these flaws, however, there's no denying that Twilight Princess is a good game. Fighting is very fun when done right, and doing somersaults and rolls make battling hordes of enemies feel fresh and fast-paced. While the dungeons do suffer from repetitiveness, the boss battles almost entirely make up for them. There are too many memorable bosses to count, such as one ingenious fight with two parts where one must use the physics of an item to take down a massive skeleton. All of these fights make up for the lack of creativity present throughout the rest of the game. And, while the darker tone does have its downsides, it is nice to see Nintendo try and put a darker spin on the classic franchise, especially in the cutscenes. Fighting on horseback on a bridge to save the life of a child is both thrilling and unique, and is one of several moments that made me want to stand up and cheer.
    Therefore, while there are many faults with the game, Twilight Princess pulls through with its atmosphere, boss battles, and, most importantly of all, the addition of Midna. While it borrows heavily from the past and contributes very little to the present, the game is an important stepping stone for Zelda games in the future.
  85. Nov 16, 2013
    By far one of the best Zelda games I've ever played. The story-line is engaging, not only humorous at times but filled with suspension, surprise and seriousness. It is long, yes, but never a bore. You always have something to be done, some new scenario to deal with. The players have stories of their own which you venture into, the combat is unique based on enemy resistance/attack methods.By far one of the best Zelda games I've ever played. The story-line is engaging, not only humorous at times but filled with suspension, surprise and seriousness. It is long, yes, but never a bore. You always have something to be done, some new scenario to deal with. The players have stories of their own which you venture into, the combat is unique based on enemy resistance/attack methods. This is an absolute must-have, I recommend strongly! Expand
  86. Nov 12, 2013
    The Ocarina of Time is quite rightly regarded as one of the cornerstones of gaming and at the time it certainly raised the bar for the 3d action adventure genre. Perhaps it was the fact that The Wind Waker received a lot of criticism upon its release (I personally really enjoyed it) but for the final GameCube outing Nintendo decided to go back to the template used in their N64 classic.The Ocarina of Time is quite rightly regarded as one of the cornerstones of gaming and at the time it certainly raised the bar for the 3d action adventure genre. Perhaps it was the fact that The Wind Waker received a lot of criticism upon its release (I personally really enjoyed it) but for the final GameCube outing Nintendo decided to go back to the template used in their N64 classic. Unfortunately eight years later much of that template just feels dated. Travelling from dungeon to dungeon is a specific order just isn't able to hold my attention anymore and, while most are intelligently designed, none could exactly be considered original. The same could also be said of Twilight Princesses combat system which is lifted almost straight from The Wind Waker, yet strangely doesn't feel quite as fluent or satisfying.

If I’d never played a Zelda title before I’m sure I would have found plenty to enjoy in Twilight Princess but as it is I couldn't help as though I’d seen everything it has to offer more than once over the last decade.
  87. Oct 22, 2013
    This is my second favorite Zelda game for many reasons. The whole feel of this game is dark and mysterious which was something new to the Zelda series. Sure Majora's Mask was creepy but it had a normal atmosphere unlike Twilight Princess. The whole twilight zone and the monsters coming through was a pretty creepy thing. The graphics are beautiful and the music is perfect. Gameplay isThis is my second favorite Zelda game for many reasons. The whole feel of this game is dark and mysterious which was something new to the Zelda series. Sure Majora's Mask was creepy but it had a normal atmosphere unlike Twilight Princess. The whole twilight zone and the monsters coming through was a pretty creepy thing. The graphics are beautiful and the music is perfect. Gameplay is superb and easy to control. The temples are so well made that I can say they are my favorite. Your companion in this game is actually pretty interesting and not annoying. A perfect game that must be played. Expand
  88. Oct 19, 2013
    This was the first Zelda game that I completed. I would say the most outstanding part is the gameplay the game's packed, there's like a dozen weapons tools which you unlock thorough the game and they keep adding new ways of interacting with the environment, so it never feels repetitive and there's always something new to do. I was disappointed by boss battles they were too easy. A bossThis was the first Zelda game that I completed. I would say the most outstanding part is the gameplay the game's packed, there's like a dozen weapons tools which you unlock thorough the game and they keep adding new ways of interacting with the environment, so it never feels repetitive and there's always something new to do. I was disappointed by boss battles they were too easy. A boss needs to be a boss, not only look like one but also pose an obstacle to the player. I liked the artistic style (pity it's not an HD title). The story is quite simple, yet engaging. Highly recommended game. Expand
  89. Oct 1, 2013
    an 8.5. a great game one of the best on the wii. compared to skyward sword it just is boring. the land is huge but has dull color, the story only picks up around halfway through the game, and the bosses aren't memorable
  90. Sep 19, 2013
    In Twilight Princess, Link can turn into a wolf. At first, there are human and wolf parts, buf later you'll be able to transform into one whenever you want. Link's companion in this game is Midna. At first she seems like a rude, selfish, criminal, but as you progress she becomes a better character. The story is good, so is the gameplay, dungeons, items, and minigames. That is basically whyIn Twilight Princess, Link can turn into a wolf. At first, there are human and wolf parts, buf later you'll be able to transform into one whenever you want. Link's companion in this game is Midna. At first she seems like a rude, selfish, criminal, but as you progress she becomes a better character. The story is good, so is the gameplay, dungeons, items, and minigames. That is basically why I gave this a 9/10 Expand
  91. Sep 17, 2013
    There is no other word than "Perfection" for this game. it brings all the good memories of the old ones It's a lot darker, like it has grown with the players of Ocarina of Time.
  92. Sep 11, 2013
    My favourite dive into the Zelda universe which feels slightly darker and yet familiar. The graphical look is more realistic than other Zelda games and the world feels more expansive and deeper than other titles. I prefer Link at this age, and I also love his ability to become a wolf which works very well with his scent and howling abilities.
    The items in this game are the usual lot but
    The items in this game are the usual lot but feel more useful in a world where where you should use them is not quite so obvious.
    Temples are engaging as ever, and get a good balance of puzzles in.

Thoroughly deserves it's place in a gamer's game rack.
  93. Aug 20, 2013
    This is a good game, no doubt about it at all, but it isn't perfect. It makes excellent use of the formula that many Zelda players are familiar with. My main complaints would be the difficulty, which is a huge step down from Ocarina (the game it is obviously taking a lot of inspiration from), the bosses are easy to beat and you may not get a chance to see the game over screen until laterThis is a good game, no doubt about it at all, but it isn't perfect. It makes excellent use of the formula that many Zelda players are familiar with. My main complaints would be the difficulty, which is a huge step down from Ocarina (the game it is obviously taking a lot of inspiration from), the bosses are easy to beat and you may not get a chance to see the game over screen until later in the game, my other complaint would be item usage. I doubt that I am the only one who looks forward to the items in a Zelda game, what was then disappointing was normally an item became basically redundant after temple that you found it in.

That however is most of my complaints out of the way. the major place that I personally found the game excelled hugely where the temples. The dungeon layout in Twilight has clearly been well thought out and designed and though they are not the most challenging dungeons in a Zelda game you will find yourself absorbed in them from start to finish.

The game looks fantastic especially when you remember that it was a GC port, Link looks as heroic as ever and the enemies look equally nasty. Though the game doesn't look anywhere near as dark as Majora's Mask (although it clearly tries) it still gives off an air of depression and darkness that contrasts hugely against the light hearted adventure of its predecessor The Wind Waker.

With regards to gameplay this game fits in with all the other 3D Zeldas, solid controls that lead to an enjoyable adventure and satisfying combat. Item usage with the Wiimote excels with regards to weapons like the bow, where all you have to do is aim at the the screen and fire away. I found sword combat a little strange, a flick of the wrist to make Link swing his sword, it wasn't a horrible experience but if the developers where not prepared to go the whole way with motion control then it seems a shame they didn't just leave the sword aligned to a button, it is not a big problem at all and certainly doesn't make the game less enjoyable, it is just something that possibly should have had more thought put into it.

I think Link's wolf form is something that you will either love or hate. It is fairly basic but works for the story. If you find that you enjoy it then it will be a nice treat to enter the form as and when it happens. If you find you don't enjoy it then it is going to be something that you will absolutely dread and may ruin portions of the game for you. Personally I enjoyed it, not as much as playing as Link but it was okay, I can see the good points behind it, breaking up the story into easy to distinguish chapters however more development could have gone into this rather large section of the game. Again I am not complaining but merely commenting on an area of the game that perhaps didn't quite live up to its potential.

Overall this is an excellent game that veteran Zelda players will enjoy though possibly completely with minimal effort, and if you are new to the series then this is an great way to get into the series and not find yourself overly frustrated.
  94. Aug 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Twilight Princess is an amazing game. It has a couple flaws, but it's still fantastic. It won't last you thousands of hours like Skyrim or something like that will, but it still takes an easy twenty hours to beat, and that's without going after any of the Poes or Heart Pieces. The gameplay is solid; there are no bugs or glitches to be found anywhere (without seriously digging for them). The swordplay is a lot of fun, especially once you start finding skills. Every item maintains some purpose throughout the game (except the slingshot). The music will get stuck in your head; it's pretty good for being synthetic. The story is easy to follow and will capture your interest. There's a pretty large world to explore, and you have a variety of ways to do it, from horse-riding to boar-riding (if you can steal one) to teleporting around. The environments are diverse, and so are the dungeons.

Definitely the best part about the game is the combat. In essence, it's the same Zelda combat you're used to in a 3-D Zelda game. It is focused around targeting your opponent and figuring out some way to bypass their defenses. However, unlike other Zelda games, the swordplay is a lot more diverse. Ocarina and Majora's Mask had the jump attack and all the basic stuff. Wind Waker had the parry. Twilight Princess has many different sword techniques you gain throughout the game, which really make the combat diverse and entertaining.

There are two major flaws, though (major being a relative term... there's not that much wrong with the game at all). First of all, there's hardly anything to spend your Rupees on once you've gotten the Magic Armor. That armor will slowly consume your Rupees while you're wearing it, but unless you really feel like cheating through the game and have serious trouble beating the enemies, you probably don't want to wear that too much. This issue is magnified by the facts that you have a limit to the amount of Rupees you can hold based on wallet size (unlike the DS games, where you can have something like 9999 as your limit from the start), and that it's so easy to get money in this game! Small Rupee quantities drop from monsters very frequently, which isn't a really big deal. However, just about every bonus chest you find has Rupees in it, ranging from yellow to silver. Most commonly, though, you get purple Rupees from chests, which are worth 50. You start with a limit of 300, I believe. Find 6 chests... well, you can't get any more money. Arrows are too easy to get to make them worth buying. Bombs are more scarce but you still probably won't need to buy them very often. Potions aren't worth the cash, when you only have a few bottles and you can just kill a Chu to get them anyway. You'll end up wealthy as can be very quickly with nothing to buy (what a quandary!).

The other main issue is that the game is just too easy. That's in comparison to other Zelda/Nintendo games mainly, which can be notoriously difficult, so if you're coming from other games on other systems, you might not feel the same way. Nonetheless, I finished playing this game through for about the third time in five years today. I didn't die once. I was careless with the final boss and had to use a fairy, but overall I burned through the game without running into much trouble at all. Even the puzzles are pretty simple. If you're like me, and you manage to walk past something ridiculously obvious ten times, you might have trouble occasionally, but compared to other Zelda games, Twilight Princess is a walk in the park. The bosses are epic but some are just so simple... If you're careful, and you know what you're doing, you'll finish this game without much challenge at all.

That being said, I have finished this game like three times now. I don't replay games that often. This one is a lot of fun for me to play it so many times. I definitely recommend it.
  95. Aug 13, 2013
    There's just something about this game. i don't know if it was the atmosphere, musical scores, or just the game play, but my god the sadness i felt when i beat it. if you haven't played this game you are missing out on the mother pinnacle of what all adventure games should be.
  96. Aug 6, 2013
    Wow! Just wow!

If you're looking for a great Zelda experience, this is it! Never have I played a more amazing Zelda titles since Ocarina of Time! This game takes the elements that we loved about Ocarina of Time and mixes it up into something completely different while still retaining what we loved so much from the N64 masterpiece. This personally one of my favorite Zelda titles! The
    Wow! Just wow!

The Wii version is inferior to the Gamecube's version due to the requirement of Nunchuck and Wii-remote waggling, but it's not that bad either. If you own a Wii, and like the waggling controls, don't be afraid to pick this one up, but I still recommend the Gamecube version.
  97. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a fair but disappointing game for the zelda series; hyrule is empty and desolate, there are few sidequests, the ending boss fight is a disappointment!

PLOT SPOILERS AHEAD!

zant was a huge letdown! they built him up to be this evil, demonic, bad guy and what happens at the end? he ends up being a kook! it just totally destroys the whole build up of zant! and why did they throw in ganondorf at the end! the plot was going good with zant being the main villian! it felt like nintendo ran out of ideas with zant and was,like," yeahhhhh..... lets just throw in ganondorf!" also the temples were not immersive, the soundtrack was abysmal, and the twilight realm was uninteresting! so the characters are trapped in an alternate realm and they dont know about it? so basically theyre just continuing life as it is and their life is not in danger? so what? hyrule did not feel like it was in any immediate danger and nobody was aware of it, and nobody was bothered by it honestly! so why bother trying to save hyrule? no body's life is in danger or at risk!

nowwww ill talk about the good aspects of twilight! exploration was fun to a certain extent, nice graphics, some interesting puzzle mechanics here and there, variety of destinations to go to, annnnnnd some good enemy battles sprinkled throughout the game and uhhhhh, a fairly engaging story butttt uhhhhhh.... yeah thats it

overall though, nintendo you disappointed me; im hoping skyward will be the one to beat ocarina of time in the end

6 out of 10!
  98. Jul 22, 2013
    The first Zelda game I played and it did not disappoint! One of he many aspects I like in videogames is the darkness in it. Twilight Princess is full of dark moments, with the Arbiter's Grounds and the Palace of Twilight being my favourite examples with dark themes, even though most of the game is fairly dark. The graphics look REALLY and the game introduced some of my favouriteThe first Zelda game I played and it did not disappoint! One of he many aspects I like in videogames is the darkness in it. Twilight Princess is full of dark moments, with the Arbiter's Grounds and the Palace of Twilight being my favourite examples with dark themes, even though most of the game is fairly dark. The graphics look REALLY and the game introduced some of my favourite characters in the Zelda franchise, such as Midna and Zant (The Postman is also getting a mention because you can't disregard a guy who does his job well!) i also LOVED the wolf mechanic since wolves are my favourite animals and who wouldn't love clawing and biting your enemies to death! But there is something about this game that really isn't appealing to me but I'm not sure what it is. The game starts of REALLY slow (and stays that way until you get the Master Sword which is after THREE sungeons and vanishing all of the Twilight from Hyrule!) Some sidequests are pretty annoning (that game in Castle Town with the clawshots. Anyone?) Some of the main missions are pretty boring. (Oh look there's an owl statue. Let's take that away with the Dominion Rod. Oh look a book. GREAT! Wait, I have to get more of these things!?...) and some of the dungeons are pretty irritating (City in the Sky is pretty irritating but the Lakebed Temple just takes the cake which seem to be a theme is Zelda games with Water temples being so annoying!) But Twilight Princess is still a great game and you should definitely play it! Expand
  99. Jul 9, 2013
    If you love Ocarina of Time, look away because to me that game was rancid compared to this gem of a Wii title and In my opinion this is the best in the whole Zelda series of the 3-d games at least. Okay to be fair Ocarina was boring and monotonous to begin with and Hyrule Field was frigging stupid, but this game fixes all of that. If i could burn every copy of Ocarina of Time in a bonfireIf you love Ocarina of Time, look away because to me that game was rancid compared to this gem of a Wii title and In my opinion this is the best in the whole Zelda series of the 3-d games at least. Okay to be fair Ocarina was boring and monotonous to begin with and Hyrule Field was frigging stupid, but this game fixes all of that. If i could burn every copy of Ocarina of Time in a bonfire I most definitely would Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

An excellent addition (and homage to "Ocarina") to the franchise, and you'll have an enormous amount of fun playing it from start to finish. Get over the fact that the Wii's hardware is simply not as powerful as the other next-gen machines and get into the fact that Twilight Princess is one of the best games you'll play this year.
  2. It truly is, in my opinion, the best and longest Zelda ever made. With nearly 70 hours of playtime committed and more still to do, I cant think of a better experience or value this holiday season.
    Truly fantastic. It's not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it's much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that's at once new and familiar. It's rare to find a launch game that truly justifies the purchase of a new console, but this is precisely that.