6.0

1. NickD.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Probably the worst camera in any game I have EVER played. The co-operative mode was awful as it just involved the 2nd player standing on switches. I must of died about 20 times on the same jump because the camera wouldn't straighten up. Avoid.
  2. BillyS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Are you kidding? This game blew chunks after the first jump into the chocolate river because the camera was pointing at the ground. Crap and double crap.
  3. SeanR.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Except for the voice acting, everything about this game is ill conceived and horribly executed. A slipshod camera, poor level design, and sloppy controls dictate the difficulty here. Further, inexcusably crude graphics and listless sound production only add to the frustration. Possibly the worst Wii game of the year!
  4. SpanishB.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Owned this game for a grand total of 90 minutes - got it home, attempted to play it, screaming in frustration, walked back to the store, got my money back. If I can say anything positive, it's this: at least I got some fresh air returning it.
  5. LarryS-A.
    Jan 5, 2008
    I don't see why people are being so hard on this game. I found it fun, innovative, and absolutely hilarious! Any time where the game slips up, (poor camera, short game) the comedy makes up for it, with tons of great refrences, and flawless voice acting. If you are a simpsons fan, this is a must!!!
  6. CarlN.
    Jan 8, 2008
    The original Bart vs the space mutants platform game was more playable than this!!! The camera angles will frustrate you to no end, the wii control potential goes missing, the gfx aren't flash, and 2player mode doubled the pain.
  7. ByronC
    Feb 18, 2008
    Poorly designed game. They got the graphics and voice acting down pretty good, but everything else is pretty much garbage. At best the messed up camera control makes the game much harder than it should be. At worst, (as is my case) it'll give you a bad headache / motion sickness. I did this one on a 7 day rental, but it'll be going back after 1 day.
  8. AllisonA.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Why on earth would they put together such clever writing, great voice acting, and beautiful art and then RUIN IT with that horrible camera? Any time I have to use the "flying" feature, I can't see where I'm going and get killed about 30 times before I can move on. I think I'm just going to re-gift this stupid thing.
  9. Daniel
    Sep 13, 2008
    This game was Dam! Good. I can't believe anyone would give this game anything below a 7. I mean it doesn't deserve a 9 but upgrades tons of levels the humor dead on makes me feel like i was in a episode. Only thing i didn't like,the split screen for the coop. They should have only incorporated split when characters venture far apart. I hope to see a conclusion.
  10. TonyL.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Thought the game was terrible. Worst controls, camera, and graphics. Repetitve one liners from charaters were annoying too. Cut scenes were like they were right out of an episode, but we can see that for free every week so not really a huge selling feature... Terrible game!
    Dec 27, 2007
    Funny, maybe, but a terrible camera, bad controls and generic gameplay (beat up enemies, jump, stand on switch) means that the minute long cut scenes just cant account for another shoddy license.
  12. Nov 13, 2011
    Although not anything ground breaking, The Simpsons Game is a solid entry into the franchise, it contains the standard semi-witty writing which we all know and love, and combines it with decent platforming.
  13. Sep 24, 2014
    Great game! A wonderful collaboration of video game and the simpsons. Although this game is no Hit and Run, it's still a very enjoyable title with an outrageous and entertaining storyline, witty and creative dialogue, original and humorous gameplay mechanics, and quirky and cartoony graphics. Although this title is entertaining and super over-the-top ridiculous, it's bogged down by it'sGreat game! A wonderful collaboration of video game and the simpsons. Although this game is no Hit and Run, it's still a very enjoyable title with an outrageous and entertaining storyline, witty and creative dialogue, original and humorous gameplay mechanics, and quirky and cartoony graphics. Although this title is entertaining and super over-the-top ridiculous, it's bogged down by it's horrendous camera angle functions, janky cutscene animation, and notoriously repetitive gameplay. Brilliantly designed levels don't make up for gratuitously stale gameplay that requires you to do the same thing over and over and over again. I would love to give this title a higher score, but it falls short of reaching it's potential as the best simpsons game to date. Expand

1. Untimately, though, The Simpsons lives and dies on the strength of its gameplay and here it doesn't particularly shine. [Nov 2007, p.64]
  2. The chuckles along the way make it worth the trouble for fans, but if you don’t know Arman Tamzarian from Disco Stu, most of the game’s redeeming elements will fall on deaf, bored ears.
  3. If nothing else, this playful romp packs enough in-jokes for both Simpsons fans and gamers in general that it’s definitely worth playing through at least once.