2.4

1. Dec 26, 2010
    Horrible controls with the wii-chucks and tends to be laggy for some reason. But game play is easy and entertaining though. If it keeps the wife and kid happy who am I to complain.
  2. Apr 22, 2011
    Ok, I agree with you guys now, this game sucks, but you can still get SOME fun out of it before it breaks on you, and while some parts are very well done, like being at your job and social interactions, most of the game is a big buggy mess.
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    The Sims 3 is a fun game, but, it is glitchy, and, for those of us that are using the Wii version and don't have a Wii internet connection, there isn't even the slightest hope to get a fixed version. Some of the glitches I have gotten while playing this game are that: after a certain amount of time, even if you have enough space and money, you aren't allowed to buy anything; things can getThe Sims 3 is a fun game, but, it is glitchy, and, for those of us that are using the Wii version and don't have a Wii internet connection, there isn't even the slightest hope to get a fixed version. Some of the glitches I have gotten while playing this game are that: after a certain amount of time, even if you have enough space and money, you aren't allowed to buy anything; things can get stuck under the fridge and cause the fridge to be permanently shut, along with being unable to move or sell the fridge; my sims not being able to enter the restaurant, even when it's 24 hours a day, and, there are probably many more I am missing. It's not the worst game ever, and it's certainly addictive, but becomes very frustrating when you have to drive to the fancy restaurant every single time you want to feed your sims, or else force your vegetarians to get sick eating hot dogs. Expand
  4. Jul 13, 2013
    Now they've fixed almost all of the bugs. The framerate is so bad that its working my wii to the max. If you build walls on the inside with doors they will not be able to get through. If they did added all features like they did for PC, it would make the wii suffer. Don't buy it. Might be rentable.
  5. Dec 2, 2010
    I was in anticipation of this Wii Sims 3 version being released. I own Sims Castaways, and like that game. However, with the addition of Sims 3 for the Wii...EA sports really did a horrible job! There are quite a few major glitches that I have had. See Amazon.com for other reviews.
    1. When first loading from a saved game, it takes a minute or so for items to re-appear in your house. At first it looks empty!
    2. On occassions I have had items go missing out of the house, one that I did not sell or move. Just disappered!
    3. I have had a continual problem with the refrigerator use with my Sims. Half of them can successfully use it. Then all of a sudden it will not work. I can move it, and it will allow Sims to get things out of it or make a meal, but then stop working. I cannot even go back after awhile to re-edit it to move it. Won't allow me to select it.
    4. One of my Sims can get to be starving due to the refrigerator issue, then I rush him to the diner to eat. But at times the Sim will not respond to fluid movement with the Wii-mote and nunchuck. The Sim will iterally run in circles and look as if he is fading or glitching.
    5. Be aware that with the advertisement for Sims 3 Platform version, EA sports makes it look like you can do so much more than the older versions of Sims. Not true! Your Sim or family is limited to 50 Sims days. There is NO option to make this longer. Totally lame!
    6. The pregnancy part is also quite lame. The woman doesn't even go into labor like in the PC Sims2 version. Not to mention after conceiving you have the baby the next day! What! Due to the limited Sims lifetime, but it's totally not right. And your child is not even a baby..it shows up in your household a half to a full day later as a young child! Ridiculous!
    7. The Sims careers are quiet lame as well. You can choose actions, but you don't view your Sim partaking in these events. If EA was smart, they would develop this more to make it more virtual than as "unseen" actions. I think EA is really missing out on the potential of this game.
    8. The gameplay can be quite picky when it comes to using the game controllers (Wii-mote and nunchuck). The stupid status bar that is on the bottom of the screen always gets in the way, so 95% of the time the object you want to select to do something with, is blocked by this status bar. I'm not sure why EA didn't make this bar disappear and reappear as they did with Sims Castaways.
    9. There is absolutely on Tutorial for playing Sims 3 on the Wii, and it will take you a great deal of time to figure out the gameplay based on the controllers and various menus and sub-menus related to this game. It seems that EA did not think out the design of this part of the game either. It could really be worked upon.
    10. When I came to the end of my 50 Sims days, and my 2 main Sims died. The game focused on the two kids in the house, but then just froze up my Wii and screen completely! I didn't get a screen showing my ending points total, I wasn't able to reset the Wii from the console. I had to physically take the power plug out and put it back in. What! Why isn't the game ending completely? There should be some sort of explanation when you complete a life. Right?
    11. During gameplay, you will hear a constant noise. This is the Sims 3 game disc continually reading in the Wii console. Not sure why. It's pretty annoying, and I find it hard to believe that the technology isn't as seemless as it should be.
    12. Quite often during my game play, I couldn't believe that this game was so horrible. I find that the disc isn't working properly on top of which EA sports really shouldn't be selling this game in the condition they released it in. It's not a proper video game to be selling to people. It seriously seems like a game they are selling in a BETA or early stages version.
    13. When trying to eat or go to sleep, sometimes it will take literally...an hour or two hours to get a simple task done. I should mention you can select to use the toilet. And if you speed it up, you could be standing doing nothing for 30 minutes sims time, until the action kicks in.
    14. Also, when considering an action, it will skip a step. For instance, when sleeping in bed.. when undressing you spin and change into your pajamas. But sometimes it will leave my Sims in their everyday clothes and just put them in the bed. It's really odd. And sometimes the covers look like someone is sleeping in there, but nobody is there!

So all in all....NOT worth your time or money! Really! The game doesn't play correctly or smoothly and based on all the advertisements for this game, it surely does not live up to the hype! My main concern is...why doesn't EA Sports make the game like the previews they have for it online on their website? It would be awesome if gameplay were like that and with that quality of graphics. That's what EA should be aiming for! Not this crap they put on a disc wanting to sell it for $50!
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    Mar 6, 2011
    Simply drawing four walls to make make a room takes you an eternity. [Jan 2011, p.77]
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Feb 6, 2011
    Clumsily executed port. [Christmas 2010, p.60]
  3. Jan 3, 2011
    Featuring an open gameplay, fans will like the new features and oversee the technical disaster.