2.5

1. Dec 2, 2010
    first it looks empty!
    5. Be aware that with the advertisement for Sims 3 Platform version, EA sports makes it look like you can do so much more than the older versions of Sims. Not true! Your Sim or family is limited to 50 Sims days. There is NO option to make this longer. Totally lame!
    6. The pregnancy part is also quite lame. The woman doesn't even go into labor like in the PC Sims2 version. Not to mention after conceiving you have the baby the next day! What! Due to the limited Sims lifetime, but it's totally not right. And your child is not even a baby..it shows up in your household a half to a full day later as a young child! Ridiculous!
    7. The Sims careers are quiet lame as well. You can choose actions, but you don't view your Sim partaking in these events. If EA was smart, they would develop this more to make it more virtual than as "unseen" actions. I think EA is really missing out on the potential of this game.
    8. The gameplay can be quite picky when it comes to using the game controllers (Wii-mote and nunchuck). The stupid status bar that is on the bottom of the screen always gets in the way, so 95% of the time the object you want to select to do something with, is blocked by this status bar. I'm not sure why EA didn't make this bar disappear and reappear as they did with Sims Castaways.
    9. There is absolutely on Tutorial for playing Sims 3 on the Wii, and it will take you a great deal of time to figure out the gameplay based on the controllers and various menus and sub-menus related to this game. It seems that EA did not think out the design of this part of the game either. It could really be worked upon.
    10. When I came to the end of my 50 Sims days, and my 2 main Sims died. The game focused on the two kids in the house, but then just froze up my Wii and screen completely! I didn't get a screen showing my ending points total, I wasn't able to reset the Wii from the console. I had to physically take the power plug out and put it back in. What! Why isn't the game ending completely? There should be some sort of explanation when you complete a life. Right?
    11. During gameplay, you will hear a constant noise. This is the Sims 3 game disc continually reading in the Wii console. Not sure why. It's pretty annoying, and I find it hard to believe that the technology isn't as seemless as it should be.
    12. Quite often during my game play, I couldn't believe that this game was so horrible. I find that the disc isn't working properly on top of which EA sports really shouldn't be selling this game in the condition they released it in. It's not a proper video game to be selling to people. It seriously seems like a game they are selling in a BETA or early stages version.
    13. When trying to eat or go to sleep, sometimes it will take literally...an hour or two hours to get a simple task done. I should mention you can select to use the toilet. And if you speed it up, you could be standing doing nothing for 30 minutes sims time, until the action kicks in.
    14. Also, when considering an action, it will skip a step. For instance, when sleeping in bed.. when undressing you spin and change into your pajamas. But sometimes it will leave my Sims in their everyday clothes and just put them in the bed. It's really odd. And sometimes the covers look like someone is sleeping in there, but nobody is there!

So all in all....NOT worth your time or money! Really! The game doesn't play correctly or smoothly and based on all the advertisements for this game, it surely does not live up to the hype! My main concern is...why doesn't EA Sports make the game like the previews they have for it online on their website? It would be awesome if gameplay were like that and with that quality of graphics. That's what EA should be aiming for! Not this crap they put on a disc wanting to sell it for $50!
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    I got this game because I thought it would have more features than the pc game, which might be difficult for me to play due to the fact that my personal computer cannot hold a full-sized disc and has limited memory, and I would only be able to play on the family computer for short periods of time. I was in for major disapointment. I thought the game would basically be the same as the pc, maybe with a few more features. There is little design flexibility first off. You cannot build your own home, you must pick a house built for you and you can put up walls and furniture inside. Putting wallpaper on the interior of an outside wall will cause the outside of the house to turn that same color of pattern. Also, you can't build a pool! There are no online interactions other than updates every now and then, and multiplayer mode simply sucks. I completely agree with everything else Darlinfe has to say, and I wish EA could have just put the wii controls in the pc version. I'm thirteen years old, and I probably won't be able to work up the money to buy the pc version for months, but I'm willing to do it to play the sims. When I read these reviews before I purchased the game, I thought, meh, I really don't care about that stuff. I'm telling you, DON'T BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  3. Feb 21, 2012
    When I heard that the Sims 3 was coming out for console... I was very excited. I wanted it on X-box. but i got it on Wii. I was very disappointed. This game is a waste of your time. Just saying if you want a game with neat graphic and not confusing controllers, buy this game on another system. If you get this game you will be looking at the most terrible game ever. On this game, when you have a baby... it is not even a baby, it is a kid at goes to school the day after he/she was born. You can't build houses. The fridge work half of the time... then the house alert, or the thing that keeps tract of what you put in your house... is lame. If you put two many things in the house the house will be on fire. I know right lame. There is a lot i can say about this game. But all i got to really say is if you want to waste your money to buy this game... Don't be expecting something to look forward to. Also... Why did EA sports spend so much time making the other games on console better. They really did a horrible job. They just wanted to get money from us which is NOT RIGHT. DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!!! Expand
  4. Apr 22, 2011
    Ok, I agree with you guys now, this game sucks, but you can still get SOME fun out of it before it breaks on you, and while some parts are very well done, like being at your job and social interactions, most of the game is a big buggy mess.
  5. Dec 12, 2010
    So many problems with EVERYTHING! Please, save yourself the money and buy this on PC instead as it is a much better game with no problems at all. Or maybe even buy it on the 360/PS3.
  6. Dec 26, 2010
    Horrible controls with the wii-chucks and tends to be laggy for some reason. But game play is easy and entertaining though. If it keeps the wife and kid happy who am I to complain.
  7. Jan 10, 2011
    I was in anticipation of this Wii Sims 3 version being released. I own Sims Castaways, and like that game. However, with the addition of Sims 3 for the Wii...EA sports really did a horrible job! There are quite a few major glitches that I have had. See Amazon.com for other reviews. 1. When first loading from a saved game, it takes a minute or so for items to re-appear in your house. At first it looks empty! 2. 2. On occassions I have had items go missing out of the house, one that I did not sell or move. Just disappered! 3. I have had a continual problem with the refrigerator use with my Sims. Half of them can successfully use it. Then all of a sudden it will not work. I can move it, and it will allow Sims to get things out of it or make a meal, but then stop working. I cannot even go back after awhile to re-edit it to move it. Won't allow me to select it. 4. One of my Sims can get to be starving due to the refrigerator issue, then I rush him to the diner to eat. But at times the Sim will not respond to fluid movement with the Wii-mote and nunchuck. The Sim will iterally run in circles and look as if he is fading or glitching.
  8. Jan 24, 2011
    This was probably the BIGGEST waste of money ever. The graphics are terrible, the controls are confusing, and my sim peed itself 5 times because I couldn't figure out how to use the toilet! They tried to squeeze so much into this game but it just didn't work. Honestly, I liked Sims 1 better. THAT says something.
  9. Dec 2, 2010
    There are not many reviews for this Wii version of Sims 3, so I have to stress to everyone, as a Sims lover, that this is an unfinished and broken game. EA should never have released it in its current state.

This Wii version contains numerous bugs, including several game-breaking bugs. At first the bugs were somewhat tolerable, but after a few hours the game became unplayable. We just
    encountered a bug where we can't buy anything, even though we have plenty of money. Resetting the software and reloading did not fix the issue - this effectively ended our game. Also the game has crashed on us, which has never happened to us before on our Wii. The game required us to name our baby before telling us if was a boy or girl (happened for every baby). We could also list many bothersome bugs: characters clipping into walls and objects, random inability to grab and move particular objects, magically disappearing objects (newspapers, fishing rods, etc), and framerate lockups.

I hope some high-profile sites will review this game soon so that people will refrain from buying the Wii version until itâ
  10. Jan 17, 2011
    Being a Sims fan I looked forward for the Sims 3 however the only games I have Sims 2 DS and sims 2 PC. I think Sims 3 is rubbish because unlike the computer game you walk around the town and i got lost about 7 times and then if you can't get back you might get a visit from the grim reaper and die then you have to start from the begining. Also decorating your house is hard such as an easy job on Sims 2 PC but on wii hard and anoying. If you a mistake what I found out was that there isn't a undo button which is confusing Expand
  11. Apr 23, 2011
    Ok, I was really looking forward to playing this game but I was very disappointed.
    1. Restrictions on building a house that you selected were lame. I couldn't add a second floor when I wanted to.
    2. The interactive jobs were cool at first, but as soon as I had more than one sim under my control I found that the AI for non controlled sims wasn't very smart. Most of the time I would come
    back to starving sims or sims that had to pee very badly, but they decided they would rather stand at the mirror practicing their speeches. Also, the AI for coming home from jobs wasn't very well done. Once, I forgot about my male sim finishing up his work day and found him 5 hours later walking home with a "Had a great nap!" green mood thing.. so apparently he had a nice nap somewhere outside of his home.. hmmm..
    3. The next thing I had a problem with is the pregnancy, my sim was pregnant with her first child for a day and he completely skipped baby and toddler years. Then, for the second baby she didn't even wait for the day... they were barely done doing their "woohoo" when I got the notification that she was going to the hospital (maybe it was because I fast forwarded through most of the woohooing? did no one at EA games test fast forwarding through the woohoo???).
    4. Another bug, I left a guy in my sim's house because she had to go to work, and when I got back he was gone as expected (in previous games guests just get bored/angry and leave after a while). So, when I tried inviting him back over the next day he didn't show up (and this repeated several more times). So basically I lost a sim...
    5. Other miscellaneous bugs I found was that fast forwarding at the start of an action would actually cause that action to take *more* time. By this I mean that they would stand around for 30-60min (fast forwarded time) before actually starting the action I told them to do. I found myself timing the fast forward after a while. Also, minor bug but I was very disappointed that something so simple wouldn't have been fixed.. when several carpools arrived at once the cars would stack ontop of each other so you could see one car and the backend of another.

To summarize, this game was very buggy which is very disappointing... EA, I expected a lot better out of this game. Also, the mechanics were not very well thought out (pregnancy mainly), and also the interactive jobs got more annoying as I kept playing. The AI could have been programmed a lot better, and building could have had major improvements. Overall I am very very disappointed with this game, especially after having so much fun with The Sims 1 and 2 for PC. Maybe the PC version of this game was better developed.. I hope so.
  12. May 11, 2011
    When I got this game about 3 months ago, Since i'm a HUGE sims fan I was expecting it to be a lot like the PC version. So when I started making my characters there was barely anything to wear and you cant manually change anything like highlights nose size etc. and when I wanted to build a house from scratch it wouldn't let me! EA please make the game more fun to play with!!! BORING GAME! DO NOT BUY Expand
  13. May 31, 2011
    A terrible, awful excuse for a game. In no way should this game have been release in 2010 and have such awful quality. EA should be ASHAMED for releasing it. It's completely unplayable- awkward controls, glitching, bugging, lagging. This was just a complete mess. I sent it back to the store, but not before contacting technical support and eventually getting a discount code for future purchases. Save yourself the aggravation and time by not buying this game. I strongly suggest the PC version (the one I currently use). That one is excellent, although EA's customer service sucks in general. Expand
  14. Aug 17, 2013
    I love the Sims and to see a game with such potential to be a technical disaster is just sad. If not for the numerous glitches and lesser appealing features than the PC version, it could have been a great game. And I say "could" after utmost thought.
  15. Sep 25, 2011
    Sim's 3 must of been pushed out of the EA manufacturing company after a fast run w/no thinking on the company's part on the defaults in their product?
    Worse Sim's game ever & don't even try to keep your Sim alive w/Ambrosia "catching vampire fish/Deathfish. What the hell was w/those tombstones all over? Taking them to the graveyard is a waste. You work hard on your home & skills etc &
    they die on you! (that was ridiculous) The furniture disappears & they are sleeping on air? On the bigger homes the sim's your not working with can't find their way downstairs in the kitchen? (so they starve) I think this was poorly done & the CEOs at EA should get new game designers to create a Sim's game they could honor not a disgrace! Expand
  16. Apr 17, 2012
    Okay. I agree with Darlinfe COMPLETELY. Except there's ALOT more that I have to say about this mess of a game. First of all, (like everyone else) the wii/nunchuck control is very irritating and inaccurate. The choice of modification and design is not given, nor is the variety of clothing, Life Wishes, or Traits. The graphics for the body are worse than The Sims(1). There are horrible facial choices, and I end up getting to the point where I'm making all of my sims look the EXACT same way. No variety whatsoever, which was advertised as a main "point" of the whole promotion. You can't change your sim at all the second you finish your family. No "Change Appearance", no nothing. There are only 3 game slots, and NONE of them have ANY communication with eachother. As Darlinfe said, there is no option to construct your own house. Not to mention, if you pick a large house, you cannot place it. Because it is "exceeding the Fire Code". But if you keep trying, it tells you to "keep a fire extinguisher ready", and you can't even buy a house. I ended up moving several times, depleting my funds. I also dislike how if you choose to buy an upgraded house, you have to buy it unfurnished. I..just don't see the point. I don't 'hate' the gameplay, but I hate how it takes FOREVER to simply change clothes, or get in your carpool. Not to mention that when you try to go back to your lot, it takes a few seconds to actually WALK ON to it. You cannot go into stores, or even do anything with City Hall. Nor does the Library have computers, though it says "Buy a computer, or simply go to the Library!". And if you've been working at a certain place for awhile, your coworkers will be pitch black from the neck down, all the time. If you take the Taxi to work, and you come back home, your carpool will still be waiting at your house. When you try to fast-forward, the exhaust noise on the car turns into a medium-pitched buzzing noise that you cannot turn off unless you mute the game entirely. I've had to unplug my Wii system completely because of freeze-ups about 3 times. This happens whenever i try to play Tag with my children. SPEAKING of children, you can only go through the pregnancy cycle once. If you want to have another child, immediately after you "Try For Baby", it says "Your Sim is being taken to the Hospital to give birth." And when you get to the hospital, (unless you have a wish for "Have A Girl/Boy") you cannot see the gender before you name them. The children always end up getting taken away, because they choose to be truant, and they can't feed themselves properly. They always stay out after curfew, and some of them end up going outside of city limits; and I never see them again. When/If you buy the Beach House, and you have a job to get to, your other family members (or guests) insist on doing jumping-jacks right in your space, so you never get to work.aaand you get fired. You only get 50 days, which I don't understand. There is no possible way to have a generation in 50 days, nor is there a screen where you can add up all of your house points. You just start over. What. The Life Moments (Multiplayer) is about eighty times worse than the game itself. It destroys your sense of imagination or creativity, and it's not even Sims. I've only played it once, and I never want to again. I hate how the box containing this disaster advertises amazing graphics and fun, and then you just get this. It is like a Beta, I agree, and it is broken and damaged in SO many unthinkable ways. I feel they skipped over the Wii version of this game completely, and focused on everything else. I wasted forty dollars, and I feel deep sympathy for whoever else did. DO NOT buy it. Expand
  17. May 25, 2012
    This game , although not espicially bad, was a huge dissapoinment to me. I expected a game that was at least comparable in quality to the versions on Xbox, Ps3 and PC. Unfortunatly, I got a game that miised even more oppurtunities than Jay Cutler did in 2006-2007.This game ahd a chance to be one of the best third party games on Wii, however it failed horribly at doing so. If you are desperate to have this game and you do not have any other system, by all means, buy it; otherwise, buy the game on another platform. Expand
  18. Jun 21, 2012
    Look, I love and play all kinds of game (even lots of movie games), but this game, out of all the hundreds of games I have ever played, is the worst, most unfinished, pile of absolute crud that I have ever had the misfortune to pay $50 for (I know the price has lowered, but I bought it at release). Where to begin? The game lags and freezes constantly to almost unplayable levels, it makes your make abnormal sounds, non-stop glitches are abound, textures take years to load, and overall, it feel like EA got finished with 10% of the game and then just said, "Good enough, people will buy it!" and then shipped it with a full price tag. Is it worth the $50? NO! Will it be worth $5 someday? Maybe...but just to see how bad it is. Do I have anything good to say about it? Well one thing: Walking around town as a hot female sim in your bikini...that was nice. Expand
  19. Jul 29, 2012
    For this version of the Sims 3 is alright at first, but there are some down sides about this game, like there is no MAID or FIRE BRIGADE to call up or even POLICE and when you Sim dies, there is no Grim reaper to come and get your sim, and you always have to go to the item/thing you want to use in order to click it, and there is a max of 2 things for the Sim to do. Sometimes if you have a job, and if u come back a while later there maybe a full line of cars outside of your house. It can also be very laggy from the start as well, and when you make your sim 'woo hoo' the bed cover looks like its half a cover, when the 2 sims are having s**. And if they have a Kid, the women is rushed to hospital and you have to choose a name before they even tell you what the gender is male/female. And it skips baby and toddler years and goes straight to a kid.

I wouldn't waste money on this game and either get it on a different console or PC.
  20. Jul 25, 2013
    The Sims 3 is a fun game, but, it is glitchy, and, for those of us that are using the Wii version and don't have a Wii internet connection, there isn't even the slightest hope to get a fixed version. Some of the glitches I have gotten while playing this game are that: after a certain amount of time, even if you have enough space and money, you aren't allowed to buy anything; things can get stuck under the fridge and cause the fridge to be permanently shut, along with being unable to move or sell the fridge; my sims not being able to enter the restaurant, even when it's 24 hours a day, and, there are probably many more I am missing. It's not the worst game ever, and it's certainly addictive, but becomes very frustrating when you have to drive to the fancy restaurant every single time you want to feed your sims, or else force your vegetarians to get sick eating hot dogs. Expand
  21. Jul 13, 2013
    Now they've fixed almost all of the bugs. The framerate is so bad that its working my wii to the max. If you build walls on the inside with doors they will not be able to get through. If they did added all features like they did for PC, it would make the wii suffer. Don't buy it. Might be rentable.
  22. Dec 2, 2010

tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Simply drawing four walls to make make a room takes you an eternity. [Jan 2011, p.77]
  2. Feb 6, 2011
    Clumsily executed port. [Christmas 2010, p.60]
  3. Jan 3, 2011
    Featuring an open gameplay, fans will like the new features and oversee the technical disaster.