Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 Wii

6.9

1. RickyB.
    Mar 9, 2007
    Just like all the EA sports games the same the same as it was when it came out on PlayStation still the same now just uses a wiimote instead super swing golf is a breath of fresh air because it is different.
  2. JimboH.
    Mar 20, 2007
    The Wii might have more processing power than an Xbox, but it seems that most of that gets used for the controls and background OS, putting it well below the PS2 graphically. There are framerate hitches EVERYWHERE in this game. The graphics are simple; textures are reused liberally. The Wii controls work good... until the framerate drops too low. Its like they programmed everything based The Wii might have more processing power than an Xbox, but it seems that most of that gets used for the controls and background OS, putting it well below the PS2 graphically. There are framerate hitches EVERYWHERE in this game. The graphics are simple; textures are reused liberally. The Wii controls work good... until the framerate drops too low. Its like they programmed everything based on frames rendered instead of time elapsed. Everything is unpolished and incomplete, much like 95% of EA's "meet the deadline" games, except there isn't going to be a patch to fix this one. For example, in gameface, they used the 'A' button for "next menu", but re-used it for rotating the player, so if you just slightly miss pointing at that little button in the corner, whoops, weren't done yet? Don't get me wrong, theres fun to be had in this game once you change the controls so that it quits playing for you, and realize that putting's power is all scaled based on the distance to the pin and the on-screen player (not you). This isn't the type of game you'd proudly show others as the advantages of the Wii. Expand
  3. SezB.
    Aug 28, 2007
    This game was good but the controls are awfull very over sensative and hits the ball itself sometimes when u don't even move, good game play but this doesn't count for much when you can't play it properly.
  4. RobL.
    Nov 21, 2007
    I had similar problems with the controls, for the people saying were just not doing it right I have to disagree. I am also having the problem with hitting hte ball while still in my backswing. I found the problem was I was swinging too much like a real golfer, left hip facing the screen keep your head down, golf club hold on the control etc. When I used only one hand and faced the screen I had similar problems with the controls, for the people saying were just not doing it right I have to disagree. I am also having the problem with hitting hte ball while still in my backswing. I found the problem was I was swinging too much like a real golfer, left hip facing the screen keep your head down, golf club hold on the control etc. When I used only one hand and faced the screen instead of being in a proper golf stance it worked better (still happened just not as much) Unfortunatly that takes most of the fun of doing a 'real' golf swing away from the game. Expand
  5. May 27, 2013
    This is an all around poor game that's just boring to play. The controls are what will cause even the most dedicated golf fan to give up on this game. The Wii remote doesn't always respond to your commands, and may even hit the ball for you even though you have yet to swing. There are a lot of different modes but your just doing the same thing throughout all of them. I don't even know whyThis is an all around poor game that's just boring to play. The controls are what will cause even the most dedicated golf fan to give up on this game. The Wii remote doesn't always respond to your commands, and may even hit the ball for you even though you have yet to swing. There are a lot of different modes but your just doing the same thing throughout all of them. I don't even know why they bothered including the "arcade" minigames if the gameplay is exactly the same across the board. There is a lot of content, and the thought of swinging the Wii mote as a golf club does sound cool, but it doesn't work. Why bother putting yourself through this torture when you can just go out and play golf for real. Collapse

#20 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007

1. Nintendo Gamer
    No matter how well-crafted these features are, they all boil down to gameplay based on a swinging club - the one thing the game can't do. To misquote Twain: "PGA Tour 07 is a good franchise spoilt." [Apr 2007, p.46]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    As for Tiger's mechanics, arthritics beware. If my backswing was jittery, I swung before I intended to--which is frustrating, as the maddening result is a dink instead of a dive. [Apr 2007, p.83]
    The control hiccups may cause problems, but most of them can be countered with care. But the biggest bonus: Not once will you see starlight dancing off the ball.