6.9

1. May 27, 2013
    This is an all around poor game that's just boring to play. The controls are what will cause even the most dedicated golf fan to give up on this game. The Wii remote doesn't always respond to your commands, and may even hit the ball for you even though you have yet to swing. There are a lot of different modes but your just doing the same thing throughout all of them. I don't even know whyThis is an all around poor game that's just boring to play. The controls are what will cause even the most dedicated golf fan to give up on this game. The Wii remote doesn't always respond to your commands, and may even hit the ball for you even though you have yet to swing. There are a lot of different modes but your just doing the same thing throughout all of them. I don't even know why they bothered including the "arcade" minigames if the gameplay is exactly the same across the board. There is a lot of content, and the thought of swinging the Wii mote as a golf club does sound cool, but it doesn't work. Why bother putting yourself through this torture when you can just go out and play golf for real. Expand

1. No matter how well-crafted these features are, they all boil down to gameplay based on a swinging club - the one thing the game can't do. To misquote Twain: "PGA Tour 07 is a good franchise spoilt." [Apr 2007, p.46]
  2. As for Tiger's mechanics, arthritics beware. If my backswing was jittery, I swung before I intended to--which is frustrating, as the maddening result is a dink instead of a dive. [Apr 2007, p.83]
    The control hiccups may cause problems, but most of them can be countered with care. But the biggest bonus: Not once will you see starlight dancing off the ball.