Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Wii

6.2

1. PeterC.
    Jan 22, 2008
    This is actually a really enjoyable game. I've gotten tonnes of fun out of it. I often feel games are over-rated and very rarely under-rated. In fact I often agree with the harshest scores. However, I got this one on sale and it has been really fun. Surprisingly so. Takes a bit of time to get used to the intricacies of the game and appreciate on its own terms though. I didn't This is actually a really enjoyable game. I've gotten tonnes of fun out of it. I often feel games are over-rated and very rarely under-rated. In fact I often agree with the harshest scores. However, I got this one on sale and it has been really fun. Surprisingly so. Takes a bit of time to get used to the intricacies of the game and appreciate on its own terms though. I didn't like it much for the first couple days of playing, but now it's actually serious fun. And I've invested a good 15-20 hours in it over the last month or so, taking the odd hour here and there. I think this is actually a good test of whether critics will actually stick with a game to appreciate it. Gamespy deserves top marks on this count. G4Tv , as usual, are just complete idiots, apparently more interested in making money than actually reviewing the game properly. Expand
  2. MichaelA.
    Jan 8, 2007
    I think the creators totally took advantage of the Wii controls and that is awsome And the carictors are funny too.
  3. Fred
    Feb 8, 2007
    I really doubted this game, but it is so much fun and probably has the most longevity out of any game on the Wii so far. Not a traditional Tony Hawk by any means, but if a downhill skateboard racer with great level design and controls sounds fun to you, then you'll love it.
    Dec 7, 2006
    I thought this would pretty bad (look at the scores), but it turns out that this is the funnest game I've played on the Wii. Great graphics, easy controls, and it's pretty funny.

1. While the multi-player is much more full-featured than the single-player, Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam is nonetheless a great launch title that makes great use of the Wii.
  2. There's not so much replay value but the controls give it a new lease on life. [Christmas 2006, p.92]
  3. While Downhill Jam is by no means brilliant, it works well as an extension of the Tony Hawk franchise. It may borrow liberally from both SSX and Downhill Domination, but it differs in execution, largely because of the unique nature of the Wiimote.