6.2

1. MichaelA.
    Jan 8, 2007
    I think the creators totally took advantage of the Wii controls and that is awsome And the carictors are funny too.
    Dec 7, 2006
    I thought this would pretty bad (look at the scores), but it turns out that this is the funnest game I've played on the Wii. Great graphics, easy controls, and it's pretty funny.
  3. PeterC.
    Jan 22, 2008
    This is actually a really enjoyable game. I've gotten tonnes of fun out of it. I often feel games are over-rated and very rarely under-rated. In fact I often agree with the harshest scores. However, I got this one on sale and it has been really fun. Surprisingly so. Takes a bit of time to get used to the intricacies of the game and appreciate on its own terms though. I didn't This is actually a really enjoyable game. I've gotten tonnes of fun out of it. I often feel games are over-rated and very rarely under-rated. In fact I often agree with the harshest scores. However, I got this one on sale and it has been really fun. Surprisingly so. Takes a bit of time to get used to the intricacies of the game and appreciate on its own terms though. I didn't like it much for the first couple days of playing, but now it's actually serious fun. And I've invested a good 15-20 hours in it over the last month or so, taking the odd hour here and there. I think this is actually a good test of whether critics will actually stick with a game to appreciate it. Gamespy deserves top marks on this count. G4Tv , as usual, are just complete idiots, apparently more interested in making money than actually reviewing the game properly. Expand
  4. Fred
    Feb 8, 2007
    I really doubted this game, but it is so much fun and probably has the most longevity out of any game on the Wii so far. Not a traditional Tony Hawk by any means, but if a downhill skateboard racer with great level design and controls sounds fun to you, then you'll love it.
  5. Sam
    May 9, 2007
    Downhill Jam is a fun diversion to what could be a really promising future to Tony Hawk games on the Wii. I just don't know why Activision stuck with this spin-off with minimal controls when they could have made a "Project 8 Wii" game instead, relying a lot on the motion sensing of the Wii, but motion sensing is minimal in this game, save for the turning. The graphics are decent; not Downhill Jam is a fun diversion to what could be a really promising future to Tony Hawk games on the Wii. I just don't know why Activision stuck with this spin-off with minimal controls when they could have made a "Project 8 Wii" game instead, relying a lot on the motion sensing of the Wii, but motion sensing is minimal in this game, save for the turning. The graphics are decent; not perfect, but surprisingly pleasing. The sound is alright; the soundtrack isn't great and the voices can get annoying, but despite these annoyances the sound is passable. However, no matter how hard it tries, this game just isn't funny. However, I really enjoyed the game, but I just wish Activision took the fullest of their advantages to what could have been a great start to Tony Hawk and the Wii. For that, I take off a point. Expand
  6. SteveW.
    Dec 7, 2006
    Rented this game, played it the first 2 days I had it and havent played it since. The game starts out ok, but very quickly becomes forgettable.
  7. BrockJ.
    Dec 3, 2006
    As a gamer that's been playing Hawk games since the get-go, I am disappointed in this game, especially hearing how good Project 8 is. The racing style just doesn't do the franchise justice. It's good for killing some time, but makes me yearn for THP8.
  8. AnonymousMC
    Feb 16, 2007
    This is a really bad game. fun for the first hour, but then it gets hard, and the charecters are REALLY dumb, Tony Hawk sounds like a retarded 8 year old, and nothing to make you want to finish it. The only good things are the expertly designed courses, and the tricking thing. What;s with people saying it sucks so badly? The tricking is one of the best parts.
  9. ShawnFlanagan
    Sep 12, 2008
    This game shouldn't have the "Tony Hawk" name attached to it. The only thing that makes it part of the franchise are the character names and the video footage. Otherwise it is a shortly-entertaining demo of what you can do with the Wii. This shouldn't have been sold as a serious game.
  10. PhillipV.
    Apr 1, 2007
    Every Tony Hawk to date was worth at least a 7. But Downhill Jam completely killed the series. It actually hurt to play this game. On the back of the case they should have a warning that says: "Have paramedics standing by, because of the 90% chance that your eyes will bleed"

1. While the multi-player is much more full-featured than the single-player, Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam is nonetheless a great launch title that makes great use of the Wii.
  2. There's not so much replay value but the controls give it a new lease on life. [Christmas 2006, p.92]
  3. While Downhill Jam is by no means brilliant, it works well as an extension of the Tony Hawk franchise. It may borrow liberally from both SSX and Downhill Domination, but it differs in execution, largely because of the unique nature of the Wiimote.