Top Spin 3 Wii

5.7

1. HarishP
    Jul 14, 2008
    Before purchasing one off the shelf, I rented this at a local blockbuster. Over all it was ok looking graphics and the play looks close to actuality. But one thing I don't like and kept me from buying this: Unlike in the wii sports, the wii remote doesn't solely control the direction of shot. With Nunchuk controlling the direction of the shot instead of the wii remote swing Before purchasing one off the shelf, I rented this at a local blockbuster. Over all it was ok looking graphics and the play looks close to actuality. But one thing I don't like and kept me from buying this: Unlike in the wii sports, the wii remote doesn't solely control the direction of shot. With Nunchuk controlling the direction of the shot instead of the wii remote swing itself, this has become more like a playstation or xbox kind of video game. I hope the creators of this game come up with a better one where the way we hit the ball determines the direction as well as the kind of shot rather than the nunchuk. Expand
  2. NathanP.
    Jul 6, 2008
    I was very excited when i heard this game was coming out but from the moment i started playing, was hugely disappointed. Don't see the need of the nunchuk as it feels like having a tennis racket in each hand. Also not a game for left handed players (like myself) Wii tennis is much better, much more comfortable & fun and actually feels like you're playing tennis
  3. MarcP.
    Jun 25, 2008
    It is not user friendly and no fun. I'm quite disappointed. Should have maintain the Wii sports standard.
  4. LudwigW.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Nowhere as intuitive as Wii Tennis. It plays like any other complex videogame and detracts from why people (nolt hard core gamers) buy Wii over PS3 in the first place (not the graphics but the ease of use).
  5. MrHyde
    Aug 17, 2008
    Disappointed. Just bought it and played one game. In the middle of the rematch I decided to turn it back to its box to never see the light again. I can't see the intuitive controls. Wii sports is more intuitive than that.

#21 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#46 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    If you're a devoted fan of straightforward tennis, you'll likely enjoy the game. [June 2008, p.88]
  2. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    It's the most realistic tennis game on the Wii and great fun to play. If you have even a passing interest in tennis this is worth a look. [July 2008, p.73]
  3. Nintendo Gamer
    Sideways grip may well be more like proper tennis, but it's not comfy. Lefties aren't welcome. [Aug 2008, p.58]