• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.0

1. Nov 4, 2012
    One of my favourite Wii games. A great concept, with enjoyable gameplay. The storyline is well-crafted and keeps you engaged. Some may find the still-image-and-text cutscene presentation and lack of voice acting a bit annoying, but they don't seriously damage the game. The music is excellent and the controls work very well. There is a solid difficulty curve, and it does get fairlyOne of my favourite Wii games. A great concept, with enjoyable gameplay. The storyline is well-crafted and keeps you engaged. Some may find the still-image-and-text cutscene presentation and lack of voice acting a bit annoying, but they don't seriously damage the game. The music is excellent and the controls work very well. There is a solid difficulty curve, and it does get fairly difficult, but there is an 'Easy' mode. Well done Atlus on a creative and engaging game. Definitely buy this! Expand
  2. Aug 19, 2012
    this game is very exciting and one of the best games on the Wii this will not teach you how to be a surgeon this game is all about a test of reflexes and precision the longer you take on your surgeries the faster patients life bar diminishes the controls work perfectly with the Wii controller this game starts off slow but then it becomes more fast paced the storyline isn't that amazing butthis game is very exciting and one of the best games on the Wii this will not teach you how to be a surgeon this game is all about a test of reflexes and precision the longer you take on your surgeries the faster patients life bar diminishes the controls work perfectly with the Wii controller this game starts off slow but then it becomes more fast paced the storyline isn't that amazing but it is well done for what it is and the anime are style suits it quite well since its impossible for Atlus to ever make a bad game i wasn't expecting this to bad this is also a port from the DS (which ive never played) but from what i've heard they have added things in this one this game is definatly a great addition to your collection of Wii games p.s the soundtracks are greats Collapse
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    The anime style gives a distinctive look and feeling that some ( including me ) may say that it is original for the game . I haven't played any of the DS version , thats the hit spot for TC they started there . The mini-games or the puzzles that consist in cutting and do the medical drama are solely boring in a couple of tries , for example if you beated the whole game unlocked every levelThe anime style gives a distinctive look and feeling that some ( including me ) may say that it is original for the game . I haven't played any of the DS version , thats the hit spot for TC they started there . The mini-games or the puzzles that consist in cutting and do the medical drama are solely boring in a couple of tries , for example if you beated the whole game unlocked every level you wont find much replay value here . The story is forgettable ( and this comes from a dude that have played many anime games in the past ) . While is not a bad game the only problem is, nothing impressive . Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion is mostly a port of its DS counterpart. The start dully teaches the basics and introduces the characters, but the pace picks up considerably as the operations move from the mundane to the impossible. Performing virtual surgery is a natural and effective use of the Wii's odd controller and the soap opera story adds a lot of charm to the game. This comes highlyTrauma Center: Second Opinion is mostly a port of its DS counterpart. The start dully teaches the basics and introduces the characters, but the pace picks up considerably as the operations move from the mundane to the impossible. Performing virtual surgery is a natural and effective use of the Wii's odd controller and the soap opera story adds a lot of charm to the game. This comes highly recommended to anyone looking for a unique, high-tension experience. Expand
  5. Tim
    Aug 13, 2010
    The idea and use of the interface is brilliant, as are the first couple of levels, but along with any other innovation, can get repetitive. To solve this the gameplay then becomes more and more bizarre with little creatures swimming around inside patients, which take the fun out of the 'i'm-being-a-surgeon-on-my-wii' feeling as the reality of operations disappears. Could have been great.
  6. litb007
    Feb 16, 2009
    I never played the original DS game, but Trauma Center: Second Opinion is an enjoyable simulation of medical drama and operating on patients, the human anatomy appears simplified and kept to a minimum on gore, though those more squeamish may find the various tumours, haemorrhages and parasites a bit eww.

The game requires a steady hand and some skill in switching instruments, but

The game requires a steady hand and some skill in switching instruments, but fortunately the difficulty levels along with simple procedures before the nasty stuff eases the player into the gameplay before throwing them at the deep end.

The story itself appears okay, somewhat standard for a medical drama up until the GUILT parasites start showing up, then you're in for an epic battle against awful designer viruses designed to tear patients' organs apart from the inside, yuck.
    The game is entirely made up of extracting tumours, parasites, stitching up wounds...etc but it does it best to mix it up a bit, like making the viruses act differently, but a player looking for more variety can only look forward to the alternate X chapter for things like resetting fractured bones, most of the game works on the torso only which is a shame considering it's a game about medical surgery.

The story layout appears plain, static character pictures with textboxes and the occasional sound-byte, the only variance is the fact the characters might have alternate expressions but there's not a lot to go around. If you're into action rather than emotion, you might want to press the minus button on the Wiimote and skip to the briefing.

Overall, I personally liked the game, it's a good start to what a medical sim could be and I rather liked the fantastic elements like the Healing Touch power and the antagonistic force of the GUILT viruses.
  7. DR
    Aug 10, 2007
    I honestly don't think this game is nearly as good as the score everyone has been giving it. The graphics are interesting and suitable, and I don't usually make that much of a high priority in my reviews. The gameplay is repetitive and boring. After the first chapter, I was astounded that this is how the entire game would play out to be like. The story is cheesy and shoddily put I honestly don't think this game is nearly as good as the score everyone has been giving it. The graphics are interesting and suitable, and I don't usually make that much of a high priority in my reviews. The gameplay is repetitive and boring. After the first chapter, I was astounded that this is how the entire game would play out to be like. The story is cheesy and shoddily put together, and unfortunately, the coolest segment that I have witnessed so far is the interface and the movie in the beginning. *sigh* Maybe it is simply the Wii's minigame madness that really has me down, but I'm not sure. Expand
  8. RupertA.
    May 31, 2007
    Boring story. Some neat puzzles, and the controls are well implemented. Good when administered in small doses.
  9. DanC.
    May 15, 2007
    Boring game with lame cut scenes. I returned it after a day.
  10. TomG
    May 6, 2007
    I played Under The Knife. It was awesome, but the cutscenes annoyed the hell out of me. It felt like an anime soap opera. Now, we take all this, and a bag of chips, graphic improvements, new elements, a brand spankin' new ending, and difficulty options, and you get one hell of a Wii game. But, seriously, Atlus needed to do away with the anime cutscenes, and throw in actual 3D models, I played Under The Knife. It was awesome, but the cutscenes annoyed the hell out of me. It felt like an anime soap opera. Now, we take all this, and a bag of chips, graphic improvements, new elements, a brand spankin' new ending, and difficulty options, and you get one hell of a Wii game. But, seriously, Atlus needed to do away with the anime cutscenes, and throw in actual 3D models, and all the modern day cutscene techniques, and show what the Wii can really do. Another downside, is that when millions of lacerations pop open, and the blood and particles load, the framerate slows down. Well, magnificent effects are loading, what did you think would happen? Would a GUILT membrane pop out and bite you in the ass? Would your Wii's SD card slot open up and sing some Celine Dion? The framerate slows down, you idiot! But seriously, go out and buy this game, and for all you who say it sucks, you clearly don't know what a good game is. And you probably have only played up to level 5. Expand
  11. JS
    Apr 6, 2007
    Loved IT! Challenging. But not for those who don't enjoy story lines.
  12. DylanH.
    Apr 4, 2007
    I would have to say that this is one of the best games I've ever played on Wii. Unlike the DS, every tool you use in the O.R is very realistic. The stylus on the DS was hard to use, but the Wii mote totally changes the game play, and I love the small detail they have done to it. Very exciting game!
  13. LennyG.
    Mar 30, 2007
    A solid, interesting, fun and innovative game. -1 point for the annoyingly long dialogue.
  14. Thom
    Mar 19, 2007
    Having played "Trauma Center: Under the Knife" on DS, I was extremely excited at the prospect of new levels and new stories. There really isn't much of that in "Second Opinion." "Trauma Center" is a great concept, but doesn't feel quite right on Wii. It's easy to imagine you're cutting with a scalpel when you use the DS's stylus. The Wii remote does not feel as Having played "Trauma Center: Under the Knife" on DS, I was extremely excited at the prospect of new levels and new stories. There really isn't much of that in "Second Opinion." "Trauma Center" is a great concept, but doesn't feel quite right on Wii. It's easy to imagine you're cutting with a scalpel when you use the DS's stylus. The Wii remote does not feel as real. While the addition of the defibrillator and a few extra levels are cool, they're not enough to make "Second Opinion" worthwhile for someone who has played through on DS. Bottom line, if you own a DS buy "Under the Knife." It follows approximately the same story, you should be able to find it used, and the touch screen lends itself to this style of game more than the Wii remote does. Expand
  15. DC
    Mar 6, 2007
    Having no preconception as I played Trauma Center for the first time on Wii, I can say this game is a unique game and a great addition to the Wii library. Great control schemes, and tense surgery action. Great replay value.
  16. JoelC.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Read this because I'll keep it short. I love this game. Why? Innovation. If you bought a Wii to use the controller in innovative, fun ways, heres the game. I also love the story and dialog. Also, Its not even just operations! You can use the Wiimote to diffuse a bomb by unscrewing screws, connecting wires etc. Wow!
  17. FojakV.
    Jan 24, 2007
    Great game, different, innovative and challenging (the most important point). I´m beginning the game on the 3rd level, maybe too much dialogue. An interesting replay value to increase your grade, highly recommended for grown ups.
  18. KDep
    Jan 18, 2007
    It's too bad Baldjohn didn't give this game a chance. It's obvious he didn't play past about the 5th mission. It get far better and more interesting as you delve into it. This game is essentially a puzzle game. You have a patient to work on, and you have to know what you're looking for an what to do once you find it. There's many situations that arise, and It's too bad Baldjohn didn't give this game a chance. It's obvious he didn't play past about the 5th mission. It get far better and more interesting as you delve into it. This game is essentially a puzzle game. You have a patient to work on, and you have to know what you're looking for an what to do once you find it. There's many situations that arise, and some require special abilities that you develop as the game progresses. It's very fun and highly challenging on some of the harder levels, when the game stops basically walking you through what to do. You are graded on your skill and speed, so going back to obtain a better rating of most levels to unlock content is needed. Most missions are only 5 - 10 minutes, so it's a great pick-up-and-go game. The cutscenes and storylines get shorter as time goes on. There are a large number of levels (60+), each unique and challenging in their own way, and no two levels are the same. Easily the 2nd best game on the Wii right now. Highly recommended. Expand
  19. BrianS.
    Jan 12, 2007
    Great game, story is good, and play is really fun! Great use of wiimote!
  20. JessM.
    Jan 6, 2007
    If you have a Wii you must have this game! Even though it is challenging it is super entertaining and fun to watch! Using the Wii remote makes it even MORE real! Have fun playing it!
  21. BaldjohnS.
    Dec 27, 2006
    I bought it, and it's one of those games that are going to sit on the shelf the rest of it's life until I get around to trading it in at the video game store for $2. This game is a soap opera cartoon. The graphics are weak. The in-between storyline dialogs are of 'cutout' characters who do not move and can last 4-5 minutes unless you hit the skip button (the minus I bought it, and it's one of those games that are going to sit on the shelf the rest of it's life until I get around to trading it in at the video game store for $2. This game is a soap opera cartoon. The graphics are weak. The in-between storyline dialogs are of 'cutout' characters who do not move and can last 4-5 minutes unless you hit the skip button (the minus symbol) which you will find out for yourself while you are pressing every possible button to figure out how to get past this boring attempt at a storyline. The things you will quickly learn on this game is that you always have to apply a sterilizing gel before you make a cut with your scalple..boring! You will also be bored with incredibly boring details, i.e. your patient with polyps on his larynx is a rock start singer and this operation could affect his livelyhood! I found this out before I figured out how to skip the dialogs. Oh! Beware, when you skip these dialogs, the screen doesn't go dim and move you to the operation, it fast forwards skipping past the 'slideshow' of characters along with the subtitles ebing flashed below too fast for recognition. It hurts my eyes. Put it this way. This game was the first game my wife played on the Wii and after 10 minutes she didn't want to play it any more or even try another game. She was done! We shut it off and watched a Everybody Loves Raymond rerun. If you really want this game, just wait til it shows up on the 'used' shelf at your video store. It will surely be the first to show up as a 'used' game for the Wii. It's a waste of money at $49.99. Expand
  22. JoeM.
    Dec 27, 2006
    This is one of those games you don't bother getting cause you think its not going to have much to it but you couldn't be more wrong. In my opinion its the second best game on the Wii so far. Go buy it!
  23. AndrewG.
    Dec 25, 2006
    Trauma Center on the Wii is incredibly intense. In the operation that I'm on right now, for example, you have to be lightning fast to suture up 6 wounds at a time, while zapping 8 little guilts, while managing the patient's vitals, WHILE going for the primary objective - to zap the main guilt. This is a truly enthralling game experience. That being said, I would recommend Trauma Trauma Center on the Wii is incredibly intense. In the operation that I'm on right now, for example, you have to be lightning fast to suture up 6 wounds at a time, while zapping 8 little guilts, while managing the patient's vitals, WHILE going for the primary objective - to zap the main guilt. This is a truly enthralling game experience. That being said, I would recommend Trauma Center as an excellent rental. There doesn't seem to be much point in coming back to the surgeries that you have completed previously (unless there's some bonus that I'm unaware of). My only qualms are that a) the game is very hard, even for an experienced gamer, at some points and b) while the story is fine, the abundance of text is a little annoying. Expand
  24. KevinR.
    Nov 24, 2006
    Is it tough? Yes. Does it have a few control issues? Yes. But is it an improvement over the DS version. An emphatic yes.
  25. JesseR.
    Nov 19, 2006
    This game is very different than most games I play I thought I would give it a try. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I would recommend to the folks. I bought it but If I could have I would have preferred to rent it.
  26. Aug 19, 2012

Trauma Center has a charming style, decent graphical and audio presentation, but really excels in the control department. The franchise has been given a rebirth on Wii, and it has never been better.
  2. Difficulty is erratic overall, and some of the operations are infuriatingly tough on any skill level, even without your nurse constantly interrupting to point out how badly you're doing. Still, even though we occasionally had to pause to curse at the TV, we couldn't stop playing - we were addicted.
  3. You don't need a surgeon's patience or precision to appreciate this quirky, inventive, very likable remake of a remarkable Nintendo DS game.