Trauma Team Wii

• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: May 18, 2010
8.7

1. Jun 6, 2016
    Great Story, Great Characters, Great Gameplay, Great Music, Great Game in General.
    If you liked Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright and basically every game by Atlus (Catherine, Persona, etc.) you'll like this game.
  2. Feb 14, 2016
    I honestly believe Trauma Team is one of the most underrated games of all time, at the very least its generation. The creativity, originality and fun of the medical drama sticks out amongst so many games that stick to traditional genres.

The genius lies in being able to take control of six doctors who function very differently but also you get to chose how the story is told, at least the first half of the game. Each doctor has a different style keeping gameplay fresh, and their own unique story. Part of the aforementioned genius in telling the story is for the first part of the game you can jump around at will through the scenarios. Want to run through each doctor all at once and put together how the stories interact later? You can. Want to follow the traditional timeline jumping? You can. Want to just follow two at a time? You can.

Some of the stories are really engrossing with good voice acting. The depressed and sardonic diagnostician was my favorite in both his personality, voice acting and scenario. But that was followed closely by forensics. Forensics had the underrated undercurrent of sexual tension between Kimoshima and "Little Guy" whom it seems they had a tryst. And while Little Guy DID grow up, Kimoshima sees him as immature and belittles him. I got invested in their interplay.

My only issue with the game is I didn't really identify with Tamoe (endoscopy) or Hank (orthopedics). I especially liked Hank's surgeries, but his and Tomoe's stories and voice acting were a little on the "cheesy" side for me. But that may have been by design, in contrast to Kimoshima and Daniel Cunningham's more series and occasionally depressing story (Forensic's scenario mission #2 is legendary within the Trauma Team fan crowd for its emotional impact).

I would call this game a must-buy off an auction or if this ever hits the Wii U marketplace. Anyone looking for something different, or dramatic, at least one doctor's play-style and story should appeal to you.

P.S. The music is pretty good too. Again, Forensics and Diagnostics have the best tracks.
  3. Jul 4, 2015
    I fully agree with another reviewer who compared the game to TV dramas; playing the surgeons is like Grey's Anatomy, diagnostics is like House, and forensics plays like an episode of CSI. It all culminates into one of the most intense and enjoyable Wii games I've ever played, with great comic-style graphics and backstories for each doctor that all combine in the end. This game is somewhatI fully agree with another reviewer who compared the game to TV dramas; playing the surgeons is like Grey's Anatomy, diagnostics is like House, and forensics plays like an episode of CSI. It all culminates into one of the most intense and enjoyable Wii games I've ever played, with great comic-style graphics and backstories for each doctor that all combine in the end. This game is somewhat easier than the ones that came before it in the series, but makes up for it with story, intensity, and variety. Playing the EMT Maria was one of the most immersive and stressful (but fun) gaming experiences I've ever had, and it had my heart was racing throughout all the scenarios.

One downside of this game is the lack of replay value, especially with diagnostics and forensics, and although there are several stages for each profession, I finished the game craving more. This led me to purchase and play through all of its predecessors in the Trauma Center series and I can't wait for the next one!
  4. Apr 4, 2013
    Trauma Team is surprisingly decent. It has a good amount of variety and it is long enough (about 20 hours) to feel like you got your money's worth out of it, without overstaying its welcome. The length is such that when you are at the end of the game, you feel like you are at the end of the game, and that it shouldn't go on beyond when it does. It is a nice change of pace from most otherTrauma Team is surprisingly decent. It has a good amount of variety and it is long enough (about 20 hours) to feel like you got your money's worth out of it, without overstaying its welcome. The length is such that when you are at the end of the game, you feel like you are at the end of the game, and that it shouldn't go on beyond when it does. It is a nice change of pace from most other games, and the variety in internal gameplay helps to keep it fresh despite the odd repetitive or weaker section.
    I would give the game a rating of B-. While the game is not amazing, it is a welcome change of pace from pretty much everything else I ordinarily play, and the overall story and gameplay combine in a solid way. While it could be improved in many ways, particularly in reducing the repetition in some parts of the game and altering the failure mechanics, its length and overall diversity help to make it a worthy buy.

High point: First responder. This section of the game is quite awesome, and it hits all the right marks.

Low point: Endoscopy. This section is really repetitive, uses awkward controls, and just isn't that much fun.

Final thought: This game is not only a medical simulation, but also an adventure game, an interesting choice of mix of genre.
  5. Apr 1, 2013
    This is a very fun game, especially for those who have enjoyed the Trauma Center franchise on the Wii in past years. This time they decided to put 6 characters front and center with some new and unique gameplay elements. The surgeries are still where it is at for this franchise. They are easily the most enjoyable parts of the game. There are different elements to the surgeries with 4 outThis is a very fun game, especially for those who have enjoyed the Trauma Center franchise on the Wii in past years. This time they decided to put 6 characters front and center with some new and unique gameplay elements. The surgeries are still where it is at for this franchise. They are easily the most enjoyable parts of the game. There are different elements to the surgeries with 4 out of the 6 characters here and there and they are different enough to mix things up. The issue is the new diagnoses and autopsy elements of the game. While unique, things just take away from what the game does best and that's the fast paced, steady-hand surgeries. These two new elements are very slow and kinda boring. The characters themselves are not but the gameplay is just hard to get through sometimes and can be a bit ambiguous at times with what they want you to do. The story is really good and the talent they brought in to voice these characters is probably the best collection of talent I've seen in a video game in years. It's fun to see how all these characters start to come together and why they are all related in the end. I enjoyed quite a bit with this game that, even for a big fan of the series, slipped under the radar quite a bit. For people looking to get the most out of a system that has been all but forgotten at this point, give this one a shot. And, if you can get through the very dull diagnoses and autopsies, then you'll love everything about this game. Expand
  6. Feb 15, 2013
    Fast, intense and very wel designed game.Soundtracks are very well composed. The tutorials are great this time, the use of all the tools are very well explained in this game. A very good sequel for the Trauma Center series.
  7. Aug 24, 2011
    This was my first experience with the "Trauma Center" franchise, and it was great. The gameplay ranges from frenzied, intense surgery and first response to methodical, precise endoscopy and orthopedics to logical, mysterious diagnostics and forensics. The story was a lot better than I thought it would be, and the characters are funny and memorable, with some great chemistry (particularlyThis was my first experience with the "Trauma Center" franchise, and it was great. The gameplay ranges from frenzied, intense surgery and first response to methodical, precise endoscopy and orthopedics to logical, mysterious diagnostics and forensics. The story was a lot better than I thought it would be, and the characters are funny and memorable, with some great chemistry (particularly forensics expert Naomi Kimishima and an FBI agent she affectionately refers to as "Little Guy"). Cutscenes could have been better, but they are pretty good, looking like an animated comic book. The music is amazing, and the voice acting ranges from great to okay. Multiple difficulty levels, and the ability to play missions in all six stories when you please, is a nice addition. Definitely pick this game up if you have any interest, or if you've never played a Trauma Center game before. Not sure how this stands compared to the previous games, but I had a great time with it. Expand
  8. Jan 19, 2011
    By combining the story telling and emotions of a tv hospital drama with the fun game play of six different game modes, this is the best of the Trauma series if not a must have for the Wii. The game has independent game play modes each focusing on a different doctor with interweaving stories. Each doctor has their own background with great characterization and specialization. 4 out of 6By combining the story telling and emotions of a tv hospital drama with the fun game play of six different game modes, this is the best of the Trauma series if not a must have for the Wii. The game has independent game play modes each focusing on a different doctor with interweaving stories. Each doctor has their own background with great characterization and specialization. 4 out of 6 of the game play modes are fully co-op which work very well together (though we found the endoscopy lacked a bit). Of the other two, playing the diagnostic missions is like playing the tv show House while the other is like CSI. Each mode is fun and different from the others, as well each mission is different enough that game play doesn't begin to feel repetitive. The story and characters are bright and funny with a good mix of drama that brings all six characters together in the end. This game was surprisingly amazing and I highly recommend it. Expand

#28 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010

1. Six careers blend in plenty of interesting variety, though pacing gets unexpectedly slow in the adventure-style diagnostic and forensic modes.
  2. If you liked the Trauma Center games, you have to try Trauma Team, as Atlus has evolved the formula so much that its predecessors look pretty primitive. For those that didn't dig older Trauma Center games so much, know Trauma Team is a much improved experience, many times over.
  3. Trauma Team is a great new avenue for this series with more variety to the action and a story to actually care about. The campaign is a meaty 30 hours long with the option for co-op is most of the missions and additional difficulties to really test your skills.