tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Oct 24, 2010
    This game is extremely poorly made. Though it is not one of the worst games I have ever played, I rate it a 2 because the difficulty associated with making a game like this is virtually nonexistent -- i.e. all it takes is putting up some halfway decent questions (which presumably the folks at Trivial Pursuit shouldn't have trouble with) and putting up some halfway passable graphics.

What
    we have instead is a game with incredibly vague and irrelevant questions and atrocious graphics that are impossible to see.

Regarding the former criticism, I play a fair amount of trivia games and have played several trivia games off of many systems, anywhere from IRC text to jeopardy on NES (heh) to several trivia games on PS3/wii. The question selection in this game is unbelievably poor. The art and literature section, for instance, includes strictly questions about literature produced in the past 15 years. Some of the works have never even grazed the NY Times bestseller list, which is completely disastrous when considering the fact that this is a game about general knowledge that your average person should more or less have a chance at answering. In my case, I consider myself very well-versed in general knowledge and trivia and was able to confidently answer about 20% of the questions. I have no idea what they are thinking.

Regarding the second point about the graphics being hard to see, we don't have a fantastic TV - a 28" CRT - but the questions are very difficult to see on our TV. I am frequently squinting and getting closer to the TV to make out questions - a problem which I have never had with another trivia game (or really any game involving text, honestly).
  2. Oct 24, 2010

What

Trivial Pursuit is a surprisingly fun and well put-together version of the classic board game of the same name. A couple new modes add variety to the rules we've been playing with for most of our lives, and the console-specific tricks, like picking spots on a map and the use of images, is great.
  2. With thousands of questions across six categories, and the option to purchase downloadable packs on the cheap, this version of Trivial Pursuit won't get old anytime soon. You'll love the game's format, thanks to a multiple-choice set-up, jumping player pieces and single and multiplayer modes.
  3. There are plenty of good trivia questions, but this is a flawed port of the classic board game.