Positive: 1 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Dec 31, 2013The UFC Personal Trainer is just what the title says the ultimate fitness system for Nintendo wii. The player can choose between reasonablyThe UFC Personal Trainer is just what the title says the ultimate fitness system for Nintendo wii. The player can choose between reasonably demanding calisthenics and cardio workouts, various punch/kick combo activities or 30- and 60-day programs targeted at improving your cardio or muscular endurance. For me the biggest strength is the option to create your own training sessions (from a long list of calisthenic strength and conditioning exercises, general muscle builders and cardio blasters) and continuously strive to improve your repetition numbers. For those who want to skip the design part and just exercise, the game offers a variety of pre-generated workouts. The trainer will give you grief if you slack off, and offer encouragement when you're doing well.
The game can be played with a MotionPlus controller and a nunchuck, or two controllers. A leg strap (comes with the game package) is required for certain exercises. You can also use a balance board, but one is not necessary for playing the game.
- A wide variety of exercises to choose from make no mistake, the game will kick your ass
- Very good motion recognition in (most) activities
- A well-designed "hit the mitts" section, where you train with a number of different trainers through multiple levels of progression, and each trainer has a unique "touch"
- A personal tracker section, where you can track your weight and BMI and see how your training time has been split between cardio and strength training for various muscle groups
- Poorly designed leg strap does not "stay put" very well on a constantly flexing thigh
- Motion recognition in a small number of activities is nothing short of awful… Full Review »