8.3

1. CarlosC
    Mar 15, 2009
    This is a game that puts you on two big, fun, and awesome mountains to ski. The controls are excelent and while you can use the Wii Motion or Wii Motion + Balance Board, i prefer this last configuration, this is the game that makes owning the BB worthwhile.

This game is as fun as the player, because you have the toy (your skies or snowboard) and the playground (the big mountains) to ski, make tricks, jumps, use the halfpipes, rails, or just enjoy the view.

But while those aspects should be enough to enjoy the game, it has a few other things. You can challenge people over the mountains to compete in speedraces, and slalom, you can complete challenges, like find some one on the mountain, or mini games where you need to collect items in a timeframe.
    All of this (even the challenges and races) can be done with other 4 people.

The graphics are beautiful, and the view of the mountains are awesome, you can choose between night and day too. The music is ok.

This is really the best use for the Balance Board on the Wii, and one of those games that gives you the freedom to enjoy it as you want it. If you get bored with the game is because you are boring.. it gives you what you give to the game.
  2. CheekMonk
    Apr 19, 2009
    I have been playing for days and I am still not bored. This game is worth a buy. Many things to explore in this open environment. I love the fact that I can snowboard and quit the game anytime. There is no single path to follow, you make your own fun and there are tons to do. Love the races, finding hidden paths, hide & seek, doing tricks. Love the Mount Angrio. This game suits the WiiI have been playing for days and I am still not bored. This game is worth a buy. Many things to explore in this open environment. I love the fact that I can snowboard and quit the game anytime. There is no single path to follow, you make your own fun and there are tons to do. Love the races, finding hidden paths, hide & seek, doing tricks. Love the Mount Angrio. This game suits the Wii board very much. It is never the same each time I play. Unlocking new gears are so addictive. I have my character dress as a red ninja...hilarious. And it really provide real workout for my legs. Hope they improve on it with future game. Only negative I can say is lack of interesting music. I cannot get enough, I want more mountains, more hidden things to find, more characters to interact, more races, more weather patterns and snow conditions. Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2011
    This is a great game. Better than any other ski games out right now. Awesome freedom and mountains. If only they made something like this fro xbox 360.

1. Although there is a good number of activities available to you - races, slaloms, search and rescue, etc. - the game as a whole is ultimately on the shallow side. [Mar 2009, p.91]
  2. The addition of snowboards and easy tricks makes this calming and un-taxing fun. [Mar 2009, p.78]
  3. Just as the name suggests, We Ski and Snowboard is basically We Ski with snowboards: aside from a slightly deeper control scheme and a bunch of new features, the game still suffers from a genuine lack of challenge, missing the chance to improve on its predecessor. Yet, it’s a nice choice for casual gamers looking for an easy-to-play ski experience.