We Ski Wii

8.8

May 16, 2008
    My family and I are having a blast with this game and the balance board isn't even out yet!
  2. DjFIL
    May 16, 2008
    Great controls (even with only wiimote/nunchuck), good graphics (and love that you can use your own mii)... there is a slight lack of events, but that's mostly because it's only 1 mountain with 14 runs (13 available from the start). but overall great little ski game on the wii.
  3. JM
    Jun 30, 2008
    It really is a blast, and feels very much like the real thing (even without the balance board). I wish we could download some other ski areas (even real ones!) for variety's sake. It rewards only the fastest, most reckless skiing, which can easily be transferred to the real slopes and cause serious accidents. What it calls "slolom" is at the opposite end of the alpine racingIt really is a blast, and feels very much like the real thing (even without the balance board). I wish we could download some other ski areas (even real ones!) for variety's sake. It rewards only the fastest, most reckless skiing, which can easily be transferred to the real slopes and cause serious accidents. What it calls "slolom" is at the opposite end of the alpine racing spectrum - it's pure Downhill, Franz Klammer style, far too few turns. All this said, I'm enjoying it immensely. Expand
  4. JS.
    May 23, 2008
    I think the professional reviewers have underestimated this game. I've been playing it since 5/21 on the balance board and I find it very enjoyable. One of the better games I have for the wii.
  5. PatrickK
    Dec 11, 2008
    I really enjoy playing this with my kids. The motion control with the wiimote/nunchuk is excellent - I kinda catch myself feeling like I'm skiing sometimes. The only downside is that there's only one mountain to ski on - would enjoy more varied venues. And Bandai missed a great opportunity to get creative with wierd/fantastical/out-of-this-world ski areas. Imagine Mario Kart onI really enjoy playing this with my kids. The motion control with the wiimote/nunchuk is excellent - I kinda catch myself feeling like I'm skiing sometimes. The only downside is that there's only one mountain to ski on - would enjoy more varied venues. And Bandai missed a great opportunity to get creative with wierd/fantastical/out-of-this-world ski areas. Imagine Mario Kart on skis! It's still a lot of fun, and worth the low cost. Expand

#71 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

1. games(TM)
    Family Ski comes highly recommended – even if only to soothe the pain of yet another blue-shell-related defeat. [May 2008, p.118]
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    It doesn't reinvent the winter sports genre but it does understand the limits of the board and knows how to be charming with them. A really pleasant surprise. [June 2008, p.48]
  3. Nintendo Power
    One thing we can say for sure about buying We Ski is that you'll get what you pay for: a cute, fun ski game that can be played with the Wii Balance Board. [June 2008, p.90]