tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Feb 7, 2011
    Very surprising....a lot of attention was paid to the set design, camera angles, sounds....everything flows very well and feels just like the tv show (They even "throw to commercial"-don't worry though, no commercials). I am a natural cynic with licensed games as they are often quick cash-ins, but it is clear that a lot of time and love was spent on this. Tons of unlockables, including new clothes, 'sets' based on their special "location" editions, a lot of (generally) great voice work done by the actual cast (including announcer Charlie), even wii speak compatibility (which I can't test because I don't have it)- it's a really well made tribute.

Why isn't it a 10? There are a few quirky problems...every once in awhile the voice acting sounds a little pieced together (which it obviously is). While you use your Miis for your character, the game doesn't use the Mii engine to make it's characters, making you look a bit creepy next to the other contestants and audience members (who have a bit of a creepy look to them to start with). Why not just use the Mii engine to make Pat and Vanna-they are less detailed than the in game models, but I think it would have given the game a more cohesive look. I would have loved for the computer contestants (or even the audience) to be other Miis that I have made on my system, but oh well. It controls well, but the one gripe is that instead of just using the wii remote's accelerometer to gauge how hard you spin the wheel, there is just a strenght meter, which seems like lazy programming. Lastly, with the Wii I know it's a long shot, but the icing on the cake would have been online play, which isn't here.

Don't let any of that distract you though, this is a great, loving tribute to a great game.
  2. Aug 10, 2011
    WHEEL OF FORTUNE is better than its "pseudo-rival" game JEOPARDY!, but it's still a little flawed and slightly less fun. That's why I only give this a seven on a scale of one to ten.

There are no critic reviews yet.