7.5

1. CoreyF
    Oct 10, 2009
    Not necessary. The first Wii fit was good and fun, but this one does not add very much to the original formula. Obviously just a cash in attempt from nintendo.
  2. StevenH
    Jan 1, 2010
    Rife with bro science. Do not trust the advice this game gives you. Here is why: 1.) At 5'8" and 177 pounds, I'm "overweight" according to the BMI metric. Yet on the strength training games, I can easily get "bodybuilder" (like, without even picking up the game ever before). Hmm, I wonder why that is...? The game even goes so far as to say "...BMI is a measure of body fat..." Rife with bro science. Do not trust the advice this game gives you. Here is why: 1.) At 5'8" and 177 pounds, I'm "overweight" according to the BMI metric. Yet on the strength training games, I can easily get "bodybuilder" (like, without even picking up the game ever before). Hmm, I wonder why that is...? The game even goes so far as to say "...BMI is a measure of body fat..." which is not correct. It is merely a biometric measurement of proportionate weight. Someone could have rippling 8 pack abs and the lowest LDL cholesterol ever and still be obese according to this game, represented by a huge fat version of your Mii. Maybe if everyone did the kinds of exercises in this game - waving video game controllers around and standing - instead of doing actual exercise like weight training and long distance activities, then BMI might be a reasonable measurement of fat, because only people who would be extremely skinny would not be flabby. As it is, the game told me to go down to 145 pounds. I am a grown white man who can run half marathons daily and bench press over 250 pounds - at 145 pounds I would have the physique of a 13 year old, basically. 2.) The exercises are inadequate. Overhead tricep extensions with a Wiimote? Give me a break, maybe if you had me hold about 80 of them it would start to be a workout. The exercise intensity ranges from "wave your arms around" to "do a poor man's version of Dance Dance Revolution", none of which are appropriately intense for anyone trying to achieve fitness goals. Maybe if they supplied a 250 kg Olympic weight set with the game, it would start to be difficult or rewarding. 3.) Essentially the only lifestyle advice it gives is stuff 5 years olds hear. "Brush your teeth" "go to sleep" "don't sit down too long" "stand up straight", as if this is supposed to afford you some kind fitness model physique. There is no appropriate advice for diet, which is probably a good thing since it would no doubt be something like "eat lots of fruits and vegetables, don't drink too much soda pop, and purchase Nintendo (TM) power bars". The "exercises" performed in this game are utter gash and will not help you achieve any fitness goals unless you can hardly stand to begin with. 4.) Since it's utterly devoid of any purpose in improving anyone's health, the only remaining measure is how good it is as a video game. Let me put it this way. How does running in place for 30 minutes, doing isometric calisthenics for 30 seconds (such as planks), or enduring crappy infrared controller detection and losing games because of it sound to you? If none of that sounds interesting, I would advise you to avoid this purchase, because you're not going to get anything else out of it. Expand

1. Whether or not Wii Fit Plus will help you get in tip top condition remains to be seen, but this is an incredibly enjoyable video game for a budget price.
    Whether you already own Wii Fit or find yourself completely new to Nintendo's best-selling phenomenon, Plus is great way to burn some calories while having fun.
    Wii Fit Plus is a better product, but keep in mind that it's not a sequel. Like the second edition of a book, it looks and feels exactly the same as before, but the additions effectively make the previous version obsolete.