Wii Music Wii

4.6

1. May 17, 2011
    I went and borrowed this game from my friends house, it was so epic...Miyamoto has done something epic again. He must not retire or im gonna start a boycott!!!
  2. CB
    Jan 2, 2009
    Okay, they certainly could have had a better selection of music, but other than that this is quite good. I wouldn't consider it a game so much as musical learning that is great for families to play together. Younger children in particular will benefit from learning music basics. Its not Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but those dont' teach music. Wii Music does.
  3. RussellC.
    Nov 4, 2008
    I'm not sure this game is a 10, but it comes about as close as a game can. I had swore off buying it after E3 and have watched in stunned silence as it was marketed, unsure of just what the point was. Playing the game has been something of a revelation, though my experience is quite unique. I make games for a living, I love being creative and WiiMusic allows me to do that in a way I'm not sure this game is a 10, but it comes about as close as a game can. I had swore off buying it after E3 and have watched in stunned silence as it was marketed, unsure of just what the point was. Playing the game has been something of a revelation, though my experience is quite unique. I make games for a living, I love being creative and WiiMusic allows me to do that in a way unlike any other game I've played. Working with multiple parts to try and nail the feeling I wanted out of the theme from The Legend of Zelda took me over an hour and I still wasn't satisfied. The song was the one you know, but completely personalized from instrumentation to frills during the music, it was what I made it...and I still need practice. The sensation though, of creation was fantastic. I've been enlightened by the lessons and feel the game delivers on both making my life better and being very enjoyable, though in a totally different way than what I expect out of a game. It's not for everyone, in fact, again, I think it's only for the creative, and it is hard to play in groups where everyone wants to be the star, but it is something both unique and wonderful that is being unfairly maligned. To those who are creative check it out. To those who aren't, go play something that doesn't take any mental ability, you'll be happier. Expand
  4. RObK
    Dec 8, 2009
    This game's amazing! Unfortunately, it is a bit difficult and takes some skills with the Wii to be really dig into it (which is why the lower scores). Remix the songs or come up with new ones, share videos with friends, replay the song until you nail it "just right"! It's harder than MegaMan 9, but Definitely worth the challenge because it's so much fun.
  5. Johnk
    Nov 12, 2008
    Amazing game! People who say that it's simplistic are obviously not playing the game! Mega Man 9 is pretty simplistic if you think the point is just to die a lot.

I clock more hours in this game than any other giht now - and that's saying a lot.
  6. ChrisB.
    Dec 29, 2008
    This game is massively underrated - but then, as has been widely reported, many reviewers have completely missed the point. Don't approach this like every other videogame - it's not even a game per se; instead it's more like a fun musical playground where you can learn about music theory and reconstruct songs in your own style. Many of the songs are terrible, but turning a This game is massively underrated - but then, as has been widely reported, many reviewers have completely missed the point. Don't approach this like every other videogame - it's not even a game per se; instead it's more like a fun musical playground where you can learn about music theory and reconstruct songs in your own style. Many of the songs are terrible, but turning a bad song into something decent is often part of the fun. Look at the crazy ska remake of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star that comes with the game for evidence. And finally: if you've got a balance board then this is as close to a real drum simulator as it's possible to get. Absolutely incredible. If you have an open mind, a sense of rhythm and like the idea of making music then buy this now. If you're a bit creatively stifled, have no patience and just want to kill things then don't. Collapse
    Oct 31, 2008
    If you rate this game under an 8 you are not a gamer. Wii Music stands for what is right in video games and that is entertainment, having fun, and great game play all of which Wii Music has.
  8. AlanS
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't think this is really a"game", but it's a really fun tool for developing a wide range of musical skills. People who are expecting Guitar Hero will be disappointed, but this piece of software is much deeper and more complex than GH, while also being far more accessible to non-gamers.
  9. MathewMathew
    Nov 22, 2008
    Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess were my favorite games on the wii, then I played this. Wii music is so unspeakably good, I've been a gamer for 12 years and I can honestly say I've never played anthing like it. Not only is this the best Game on the Wii, but probably my second favorite game of all time.
  10. JamesDeMille
    Dec 18, 2008
    Before buying wii music I was under the impression that you could create your own songs. When I played it and found out that you couldn't I was a little dissapointed, but found that the game could stand without it. I think any gamer should pick up the controller and find something they like about this game.
  11. Nov 24, 2015
    Wii music is by far my favorite music based game ever. It is extremely unique, most music games have you follow a set pattern to earn lots of points, but wii music is all about creativity and there are no scores play the song however you like this allows you to put your own mix onto a classic song. from twinkle twinkle little star and september to the animal crossing theme and super marioWii music is by far my favorite music based game ever. It is extremely unique, most music games have you follow a set pattern to earn lots of points, but wii music is all about creativity and there are no scores play the song however you like this allows you to put your own mix onto a classic song. from twinkle twinkle little star and september to the animal crossing theme and super mario bros. The stages were also a joy to play from a club and a concert hall to a park and on the back of a 18 wheeler. The instruments are a joy to play and only have a few control hiccups here and there drums pianos guitars and the entire music spectrum is shown off. Add a music video maker and some fun mini games and this is a game any music fan can enjoy. Expand

#11 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

Wii Music may have a hard time winning over the skeptics who just want to laugh at it, but give the game the chance it deserves. You just might realize it's pretty damn fun being in on the joke.
    Wii Music is an odd duck. It is far from a traditional videogame, and more akin to a tech demo or social audio experiment. The fact that it is so very basic means it's completely accessible to anyone, but at the same time there's not much here to interest regular and core gamers.
    Most adults will quickly recognize that Wii Music is little more than a noise maker tied to a series of gestures and grow bored of the experience in a matter of hours, if not minutes. The controls aren't particularly intuitive , but gimmicky, and the selection of music is fundamentally flawed with both dated public domain songs rendered in equally dated MIDI.