4.5

1. Mar 22, 2011
    i remember seeing this at E3 and just laughing and started wondering if nintendo finnaly fell of the truck into moronville as presenting this at E3 as there big game of the year . i remember talking to all my friends after waching the E3 press and how some wanted to sell there Wii's ASAP as there thinking this was nintendo's future of gaming . well having rented it for myself just to see for myself how this game actaully was ... well basically all the negitive bashing this game got at E3 was well deserved . i mean who wants to play twinkle twinkle little star on this game or go play some awsome music on games like rock band or guitar hero? maybe some one under the age of 5 and yes thats who this game is pretty jmuch intended for but you have to bash this game and nintendo for having the audacity to make this there showcase game at E3 where pretty much 99.9% of the people waching it are hardcore gamers and wouldnt wipe there ass with this game let alot want to play it .... nintendo removing more smiles from gamers faces. Expand
  2. Dec 25, 2011
    This is a fun games, yes, but it's one of the most disappointing games on the Wii. It does show some potential for the series to continue however. The exclusion of scores and goals is what leaves it as nothing more than a shell. The variety of instruments, game modes and the ability to create videos are nice additions.
  3. Oct 20, 2010
    Games such as Wii Sports and WiI Fit are pretty fun, but this game ia simply a terrible racket. Although the idea of playing on all of the instruments is cool, the game simply doesn't work. Even if you bring up the stupid note chart, it will still sound awful. You can make your own CDs and videos, but there is no sharing them online. The only mode in Wii Music that is fun is the games, because the bell ringing actually has notes to play and sounds pretty good and the pitch quiz will stump you and have you laughing at the same time. Wii Music could have been fun, but its not. Drumming on cans or is more fun than playing this. Expand
  4. Aug 20, 2012
    I got this game for my birthday and, after seeing the commercials, I was excited. I am a musician and can appreciate the mindless music making found in this game. It requires almost no skill to play a mediocre song, so my family, including my parents, were able to play and enjoy this game. I've gotten a lot of laughs out of this game with friends and family, so I believe that Miyamoto accomplished something there. I believe the point of these Wii (INSERT NAME HERE) titles was for family fun and casual get-to-know-your-system gaming. In no way is this meant to be a Wii version of guitar hero. One regret I have is the song choice. They could have created some more well-known, popular songs, but I understand where the songs' rights could have gotten in the way. There's room for improvement, but it's decent family fun and good for parties. Expand
  5. Jun 11, 2011
    if you go into the game with low expectations, you will hate it. but if you start the game with an open mind you might actually find it alright, and believe it or not actually pretty fun. it's absolutely not anything like Rock Band or Guitar Hero of course, and it is extremely cheesy in some aspects but to be honest, I really did have fun with this thing.. It's very easy to grow bored of though, and after you unlock all the songs and stages, you'll pretty much put it back in it's case and probably never so much as look at it again. the songs are actually shockingly bad. stuff like fere jacques, happy birthday, things like that. best songs are by far the Nintendo songs. The most fun thing to do with this game is take a song and re-arrange it a bunch of different ways, but that does get fairly old fast.

pretty decent I'd say.
  6. May 17, 2011
    I went and borrowed this game from my friends house, it was so epic...Miyamoto has done something epic again. He must not retire or im gonna start a boycott!!!
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    This isn't exactly a game that you'll spend all day playing. Since there aren't really any rules when you are creating a jam you can just give it any rating you want. Creating covers is fun with all the options you have. The minigames are fun to play.

Wii Music may have a hard time winning over the skeptics who just want to laugh at it, but give the game the chance it deserves. You just might realize it's pretty damn fun being in on the joke.
    Wii Music is an odd duck. It is far from a traditional videogame, and more akin to a tech demo or social audio experiment. The fact that it is so very basic means it's completely accessible to anyone, but at the same time there's not much here to interest regular and core gamers.
    Most adults will quickly recognize that Wii Music is little more than a noise maker tied to a series of gestures and grow bored of the experience in a matter of hours, if not minutes. The controls aren't particularly intuitive , but gimmicky, and the selection of music is fundamentally flawed with both dated public domain songs rendered in equally dated MIDI.