Wii Music Wii

4.6

1. Dec 25, 2011
    This is a fun games, yes, but it's one of the most disappointing games on the Wii. It does show some potential for the series to continue however. The exclusion of scores and goals is what leaves it as nothing more than a shell. The variety of instruments, game modes and the ability to create videos are nice additions.
  2. JamesD.
    Nov 3, 2008
    I deeply terribly wanted Wii Music to be amazing, so much so that I bought it on launch day. To my dismay, I feel sadly underwhelmed. I will give the game props, because it was indeed simple and very accessible, something that youngsters would love to play around with. Maybe this is because Wii Music is something akin to kids beating on pots and pans with cooking utensils. It is I deeply terribly wanted Wii Music to be amazing, so much so that I bought it on launch day. To my dismay, I feel sadly underwhelmed. I will give the game props, because it was indeed simple and very accessible, something that youngsters would love to play around with. Maybe this is because Wii Music is something akin to kids beating on pots and pans with cooking utensils. It is accessible but extremely minimalist and so very basic. To stress this last point, I will explain a few reasons why the game seems minimalistic. First off, my biggest disappointment with Wii Music. The game includes only seven Nintendo songs. Why in the name of Shigeru Miyamoto does this game not include more Nintendo classic songs? It would not be very difficult to import the MIDIs for the Nintendo theme songs into the game, but why didn't Nintendo do this? Instead, you are forced to play Oh Christmas Tree and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, among other "classics". Another thing, the gimmicky controls don't stay fresh long and most instruments ,like the brass and woodwind instruments, don't respond like you would like them to. You just end up looking like a tool holding a wii remote sensor side towards you to your mouth like a giant, silicone oral thermometer pressing buttons with hopes that you will catch up to the rhythm of the songs. Other instruments control better and are more fun, but all get old quickly because they mostly sound alike, horrible. As I previously stated, a child would probably love this game, but I, someone who is a part of Nintendo's target audience, think that Nintendo could have done so so much better. Come on Nintendo, add some more songs, reconstruct the gimmicky gameplay (maybe with support for the soon to be released Motion Plus+ Wiimote addon peripheral, which would make total sense given the way that the game relies solely on motion controls!), and stick it back in the oven cause this turkey ain't done yet, in fact it's frozen and pink in the middle. Sorry, Game Over, Wii Music, and that means try again, hopefully with Wii Music: Encore! Expand
  3. Oct 20, 2010
    Games such as Wii Sports and WiI Fit are pretty fun, but this game ia simply a terrible racket. Although the idea of playing on all of the instruments is cool, the game simply doesn't work. Even if you bring up the stupid note chart, it will still sound awful. You can make your own CDs and videos, but there is no sharing them online. The only mode in Wii Music that is fun is the games,Games such as Wii Sports and WiI Fit are pretty fun, but this game ia simply a terrible racket. Although the idea of playing on all of the instruments is cool, the game simply doesn't work. Even if you bring up the stupid note chart, it will still sound awful. You can make your own CDs and videos, but there is no sharing them online. The only mode in Wii Music that is fun is the games, because the bell ringing actually has notes to play and sounds pretty good and the pitch quiz will stump you and have you laughing at the same time. Wii Music could have been fun, but its not. Drumming on cans or is more fun than playing this. Expand
  4. Mar 22, 2011
    i remember seeing this at E3 and just laughing and started wondering if nintendo finnaly fell of the truck into moronville as presenting this at E3 as there big game of the year . i remember talking to all my friends after waching the E3 press and how some wanted to sell there Wii's ASAP as there thinking this was nintendo's future of gaming . well having rented it for myself just to seei remember seeing this at E3 and just laughing and started wondering if nintendo finnaly fell of the truck into moronville as presenting this at E3 as there big game of the year . i remember talking to all my friends after waching the E3 press and how some wanted to sell there Wii's ASAP as there thinking this was nintendo's future of gaming . well having rented it for myself just to see for myself how this game actaully was ... well basically all the negitive bashing this game got at E3 was well deserved . i mean who wants to play twinkle twinkle little star on this game or go play some awsome music on games like rock band or guitar hero? maybe some one under the age of 5 and yes thats who this game is pretty jmuch intended for but you have to bash this game and nintendo for having the audacity to make this there showcase game at E3 where pretty much 99.9% of the people waching it are hardcore gamers and wouldnt wipe there ass with this game let alot want to play it .... nintendo removing more smiles from gamers faces. Expand
  5. Tom
    Jan 5, 2009
    Apparently Miyamoto made a deal with the devil. The devil would allow him to make a bunch of incredible gaming series but when the time was right he must make the worst game of all time. Congrats, your end of the deal is complete.
  6. BradW.
    Oct 23, 2008
    This game is a travesty and an insult to every gamer on the planet. I cannot believe how something like this could have been released to the market. This 'game' has no scores, no goals, no point and the controls don't work at all.
  7. DannyH.
    Feb 19, 2009
    This is a disgrace to all games ever made. This game is the epitome of the Wii. A waste of time, a waste of space, and intended to undermine us from within. With this release, game developers (who haven't already turned to the dark side after having seen the Wii's sales numbers) realize that they don't actually have to develop games with content in order to make some stupid This is a disgrace to all games ever made. This game is the epitome of the Wii. A waste of time, a waste of space, and intended to undermine us from within. With this release, game developers (who haven't already turned to the dark side after having seen the Wii's sales numbers) realize that they don't actually have to develop games with content in order to make some stupid people happy. If you want to play an instrument, play an instrument. If you just want to mix a bunch of sounds together, find a mixing program for your computer. Please don't support Nintendo's butchering of our favorite form of entertainment. Expand
  8. AnonymousMC
    Nov 12, 2008
    My little girl seemed to enjoy dancing around with the Wii-mote to this, so I would probably rate his as a 7 if I were rating a toy, but as a video game rating this for you other gamers out there, I have to give it a 0. But if you're a real gamer then I guess you probably know this already. Avoid!
  9. Jun 24, 2015
    THIS GAME SUCKS! Rock Band is much better and more realistic than Wii Music. Wii Music is the worst Nintendo game ever made. It's boring, has terrible songs, and an unrealistic gameplay. Rock Band has a more realistic gameplay than this game.

#12 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#31 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

Wii Music may have a hard time winning over the skeptics who just want to laugh at it, but give the game the chance it deserves. You just might realize it's pretty damn fun being in on the joke.
    Wii Music is an odd duck. It is far from a traditional videogame, and more akin to a tech demo or social audio experiment. The fact that it is so very basic means it's completely accessible to anyone, but at the same time there's not much here to interest regular and core gamers.
    Most adults will quickly recognize that Wii Music is little more than a noise maker tied to a series of gestures and grow bored of the experience in a matter of hours, if not minutes. The controls aren't particularly intuitive , but gimmicky, and the selection of music is fundamentally flawed with both dated public domain songs rendered in equally dated MIDI.