Wii Play Wii

6.5

1. EricC.
    May 19, 2007
    I guess it's hard not to recomend this game, since the controller it's packed with would normally cost $40. But still, on its own, it's a vastly more boring version of Wii Sports, and that game was completely free. Duck hunt style shooter was alright, and pool actually worked surprisingly well (if not way too easy), but everything else feels like games they took off a cheap I guess it's hard not to recomend this game, since the controller it's packed with would normally cost $40. But still, on its own, it's a vastly more boring version of Wii Sports, and that game was completely free. Duck hunt style shooter was alright, and pool actually worked surprisingly well (if not way too easy), but everything else feels like games they took off a cheap website and gave Wii controls. Expand
  2. TomD
    Mar 22, 2009
    You're all confused in the concept of this. This isn't a review of the bundle, just the game, and the game was terrible.
  3. AdamNewing
    Jan 30, 2007
    I nearly had to go to court because of this game because I punched someone in the face at a party and smashed her teeth out when playing it, she claimed i assulted her but my deffence was Wii and i had a good larf at it but it got me in trouble so its rubbish and dangerous
  4. JamesI-Doo
    Mar 2, 2007
    I have played a LOT of free internet mini games in my life, and some of those are quite enjoyable. I guess I expected Wii Play to have polished, finished mini-games that I could use to kill 5-10 minutes with a friend. Of the 9 minigames in Wii play, I would say only table tennis and the cow game are even close to as enjoyable as the millions of free flash games you can play for free on I have played a LOT of free internet mini games in my life, and some of those are quite enjoyable. I guess I expected Wii Play to have polished, finished mini-games that I could use to kill 5-10 minutes with a friend. Of the 9 minigames in Wii play, I would say only table tennis and the cow game are even close to as enjoyable as the millions of free flash games you can play for free on the internet. The game feels completely unpolished, unfinished and incomplete. For example, in the Pool game you must keep the Wiimote pointed at the screen while you try to move the wiimote back and forward to move the cue. 9 times out of 10 it fails to do what you expect because the "Please Point Your Wiimote at the screen" message comes up. The fishing game is frustrating because every time the other person catches a small fry, the view tilts up and you lose the big fish you almost hooked. There are dozens of things that are not quite right in every game. It feels like the developers said "Wii need 6 months to do this thing right" and Nintendo said "You have until tomorrow". Basically, if I had paid $40 for this game instead of $50, I would still feel I wasted the couple hours I played this worthless title. Want to play a mini game with your Wiimote: Goggle Strong Bad Wii and you will get 4 free games that are all better than any of the Wii Play games. Expand
  5. BJones
    Apr 8, 2007
    Not even worth the ten dollars it ends up costing. The cames are about as uninspired as anything I have ever seen. Playing this game is not even fun when it's played out of sheer desperation of nothing else to do... I would rather sit doing nothing than play this.
  6. MichaelH.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Only worth it for the pack-in controller. The games are average at best.
  7. RobG
    Mar 10, 2007
    A poor example of a game. It's not really got any replayability, except maybe in multiplayer tanks or shooting. Most of the games are completely pointless (Cow racing, fishing, bubbles to name a few). The only noteworthy few are pool, tanks and shooting. Don't buy unless you have tried. Just borrow it off a friend for a weekend; its long enoughto get bored.
  8. DeniseR.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Training game, only good to play for a few times.
  9. Mar 17, 2012
    The thing about this game is that there is a lack of content. The minigames get boring quickly and thats the only thing going for it. It is only worth playing if you are a hardcore Wii/Mii series fan.
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    Honestly, this game is basically just like wii sports with the same flaws but worse. There is less wrist action and more boring mini games. The games are even shorter than the ones on wii sports and they don't progressively get harder either. Th multiplayer is now limited to two people which is even worse. I only bought this game for the extra wii remote. That's about it.
  11. Dec 25, 2011
    Its a fun game and playing it with a friend to compete for supremacy adds in a replay factor. Other than that this mini game collection left potential on the table for improvement.
  12. May 25, 2012
    Nowhere near the level of Wii Sports. The multiplayer was fun for about 5 minutes, then we put the game on a shelf and never picked it up again. Not worth a buy even as a Wiimote bundle (which is how I got it).
  13. Jan 11, 2015
    An okay game at best. Only a few of the minigames are truly worth playing and it barely shows off the Wii's capabilities unlike Wii Sports. This honestly isn't worth a full review. I can barely remember anything about the game. Not worth your time. Not worth a cent.
  14. Mar 18, 2017
    I have not played this game for years. But when I was seven or eight I remember being bored and hating this game .

#8 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#21 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. By ordinary standards there's simply nothing here - bar Billiards - that offers anything worthy of more than a few minutes play. As an introduction to the Wii and its unique control scheme it just about works, but beyond that there's very little here to get excited about.
  2. Games Master UK
    Not really a game as such, but a capable if uninspired introduction to the wonders of Wii. [Christmas 2006, p.85]
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    All nine games are suprisingly addictive, and if you're planning on buying another Remote you really should go for this. [Christmas 2006, p.76]