Wii Play Wii

6.5

1. Jun 2, 2017
    The games are good quality, but there is only nine minigames that have the exact gameplay again and again.Since this is from Nintendo, the game is smooth and polished, though it will only last 20 minutes to unlock all games and only an hour of you attached to the games.Overall the game is decent, though not a must have, no matter how good your 6-year-old thinks it is.
  2. Mar 26, 2017
    Play it for the Tank game and the Duck Hunt ripoff. Maybe the table tennis? Everything else is pretty boring. If it's cheap, it's worth trying out with a friend.
  3. Mar 18, 2017
    I have not played this game for years. But when I was seven or eight I remember being bored and hating this game .
  4. Jul 25, 2016
    Wii Play is bland and doesn't use motion controls and wiis to well. But those are MY opinions. The game is still fine but people praise it for being fun yes it IS fun but it is repetitive.
  5. Aug 24, 2015
    This game consists of 9 mini games. They are pretty simple but so addicting and fun. I play them a lot because they are so simple but addicting and fun. There is not much more to say. This game is ridiculously simple. 9 mini games. Fun. Addicting. Try them.
  6. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is a great tech demo for the Wii along with Wii Sports. It was one of my first games for Wii. The graphics are great. The games are pretty fun. My favourite one was Tanks. The controls are satisfying. Wii Play is a fun game and it is worth $10 with a Wii Remote.
  7. Jan 11, 2015
    An okay game at best. Only a few of the minigames are truly worth playing and it barely shows off the Wii's capabilities unlike Wii Sports. This honestly isn't worth a full review. I can barely remember anything about the game. Not worth your time. Not worth a cent.
  8. Mar 31, 2014
    This game came bundled with my Wii Remote and is really is addictive and competitive. I'll say it really is a great deal for such a great game to come bundled with.
  9. Feb 16, 2014
    This game was actually kind of fun. I got my copy for $2.99 from gamestop and it was nearly new,no scratches, and it even came with 20 club points free. I played this game for hours.
  10. ahm
    May 20, 2013
    Fun Family Game.
    - Has 9 mini games.
    - Mini Games can go on until loss. - Perfect fun for 4-5 year olds. ( From Website Rates ) - Gameplay rated 6. - Graphics rated 8. - Sound rated 8. - Lasting Appeal rated 5 - Fun for a while, but then gets boring. Pros: - Has a bunch of fun minigames that you can play - Games are multiplayer, more than one player allowed to play at once -
    Fun Family Game.
    - Has 9 mini games.
    - Mini Games can go on until loss.
    - Perfect fun for 4-5 year olds.
    ( From Website Rates )
    - Gameplay rated 6.
    - Graphics rated 8.
    - Sound rated 8.
    - Lasting Appeal rated 5
    - Fun for a while, but then gets boring.

Pros:
    - Has a bunch of fun minigames that you can play
    - Games are multiplayer, more than one player allowed to play at once
    - Controls are actually very simple to understand
    - There are 9 minigames

Cons:
    - All minigames have to be unlocked
    - I would’ve tried to increase how the graphics look
    - I also would’ve tried to create more mini games than 9

- Fun Family Game.
    - Has 9 mini games.
    - Mini Games can go on until loss.
    - Perfect fun for 4-5 year olds.
    ( From Website Rates )
    - Gameplay rated 6.
    - Graphics rated 8.
    - Sound rated 8.
    - Lasting Appeal rated 5
    - Fun for a while, but then gets boring.

Pros (Good things what I loved):

- I would’ve tried to increase how the graphics look
    - I also would’ve tried to create more mini games than 9

- Fun Family Game.
    - Has 9 mini games.
    - Mini Games can go on until loss. - Perfect fun for 4-5 year olds. ( From Website Rates ) - Gameplay rated 6. - Graphics rated 8. - Sound rated 8. - Lasting Appeal rated 5 - Fun for a while, but then gets boring. Pros (Good things what I loved): - Has a bunch of fun minigames that you can play - Games are multiplayer, more than one player allowed to play at once - Controls are actually very simple to understand - There are 9 minigames Cons (Bad things what I didn’t like), and how would you improve on it (next steps): - All minigames have to be unlocked - I would’ve tried to increase how the graphics look - I also would’ve tried to create more mini games than 9 Wii Play is rated E for everyone because it actually has no blood or intense violence it the game. This game is a very fun and competitive game because you could always be trying to be your previous score. This game has actually 9 mini games inside of this disc. All of these games are fun to play because each one has no similarity with the other, it’s different every time. The 9 games are: Shooting Range Find Mii Table Tennis Pose Hockey Billiards Laser Hockey Tanks Fishing Charge
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    The games in this are reasonably fun, though I wish there were more. I got this with Wii Music for £10.99 ($17.89) so for the price I think it's worth it. Having medals to earn makes it a bit more enjoyable.
  12. Oct 5, 2012
    Quite fun. Lots of fun little mini games that can provide a couple of hours fun. It's pretty cheap, too, being bundled together with a Nintendo Wii Remote. The game is a fun game to teach your family some of the basics of the Nintendo Wii controller and its motion capabilities. Good games to calm you down after a long day of boredom.
  13. May 25, 2012
    Nowhere near the level of Wii Sports. The multiplayer was fun for about 5 minutes, then we put the game on a shelf and never picked it up again. Not worth a buy even as a Wiimote bundle (which is how I got it).
  14. Mar 17, 2012
    The thing about this game is that there is a lack of content. The minigames get boring quickly and thats the only thing going for it. It is only worth playing if you are a hardcore Wii/Mii series fan.
  15. Dec 25, 2011
    Its a fun game and playing it with a friend to compete for supremacy adds in a replay factor. Other than that this mini game collection left potential on the table for improvement.
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    Honestly, this game is basically just like wii sports with the same flaws but worse. There is less wrist action and more boring mini games. The games are even shorter than the ones on wii sports and they don't progressively get harder either. Th multiplayer is now limited to two people which is even worse. I only bought this game for the extra wii remote. That's about it.
  17. Mar 6, 2011
    This mat just be a mediocre selection of mini games, the real reason to buy this is the fact that you get a controller with it, so it's a pretty good deal if you need another controller, but if not you can pass on this.
  18. Nov 26, 2010
    It's an improvement on Wii Sports, but that's not saying much. I only bought it for the extra Wii remote it comes with, otherwise this game was a complete waste of money.
  19. Nov 17, 2010
    Now here is an excellent 2 player game.Lets be honest,you can play solo and have fun for a limited amount of time but the 2 player is the reason to own this game.My wife and I have tons of fun to this day with this game and Wii sports resort.
  20. Sep 27, 2010
    I actually really like this game! I find that I always reach for it. Maybe its the simplicity yet challenging aspect of all the games... I don't know. But some of these games are actually really addicting. The only game that I don't like is that Tank game... I still don't really know how to play that... but other than that all the other 8 games are amazing :)
  21. MarcoQ
    Aug 11, 2009
    This game has mini games inside it. The most i like is the tank one, is realy cool and is realy dificult.
  22. TomD
    Mar 22, 2009
    You're all confused in the concept of this. This isn't a review of the bundle, just the game, and the game was terrible.
  23. brads
    Jan 24, 2009
    I expected it to be more like WIII Sports. Shooting and fishing are fun, but the tank game is boring.
  24. DJLINK
    Dec 13, 2008
    This is worth a purchase and it's very cheap, being bundled with a Wii remote and a lot of fun. It's a great way to show off the Wii for what it is and what it can do and, with medals to achieve, there is come longevity for those that want to be challenged. The only game I didn't enjoy too much was the bubble one but in multiplayer me and my wife played a ton of billiards This is worth a purchase and it's very cheap, being bundled with a Wii remote and a lot of fun. It's a great way to show off the Wii for what it is and what it can do and, with medals to achieve, there is come longevity for those that want to be challenged. The only game I didn't enjoy too much was the bubble one but in multiplayer me and my wife played a ton of billiards and the lookelikey game (she liked the Miis we had created being part of the game). As a serious gamer it is a wonderful feeling to get non-gamers (especially partners who tend criticise the hobby) to play with you and have a good time. For this to be so universally panned is cynical and is missing the point. Buy it, it's worth it. Expand
  25. GuilhermeM.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Not a hardcore game, but very simple and fun. Just like Wii sports
  26. JerryR.
    Feb 28, 2008
    The billiards are worth it alone. I wish Wii would come out with nothing but a variety of pool games with this format of play.
  27. SpecialC.
    Feb 21, 2008
    This game is not groundbreaking but it is highly addictive and fun. It's a good quick fix game that my wife and I play often. If you are going to spend $40 for an extra remote, spend the extra $10 for Wii Play.
  28. BrettK.
    Feb 12, 2008
    Has some fun 2-player mini-games for only a very sleight price premium over a bare wii-mote. I recommend this for anyone who wants a second remote.
  29. DavidG.
    Jan 13, 2008
    If you whizz through all the games, it's barely worth the premium over just getting a second remote. But with a little perseverance and open-mindedness, all apart from Pose Mii are surprisingly compelling. Find Mii looks the most childish but turns out to be tough and addictive, the best of the lot.
  30. V.V.
    Jan 4, 2008
    Clearly worth it, if you are considering buinyg a new remote! Many of the games are surprisingly fun, and the controlling works fine. Not too much fun single-player though.
  31. KaleE.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Good fun for hours and hours, a long-lasting collection of games. It's very nice to just pop the game back in and have a few relaxing sessions, or try to get even better scores. More games like this would be great.
  32. hglglkjg
    Oct 20, 2007
    It just doesn't have enough content, though tanks is a fun game, and it is worth it's price, since it comes with a wiimote. It's good enough to rent.
  33. DeniseR.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Training game, only good to play for a few times.
  34. DebS.
    Aug 19, 2007
    This is one of my favs. I do like it just for amusing, relaxing fun. No deep thinking but sometimes that all we want.
  35. MichaelH.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Only worth it for the pack-in controller. The games are average at best.
  36. K.H.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Great for what it is, fun addicting, short games.
  37. CatherineL.
    Jul 26, 2007
    There are 9 games packed in for only $10 and very entertaining. My husband and I had a blast playing this - we are not much into video games but continue to have lots of laughs with this one!!!
  38. WilliamB.
    Jun 21, 2007
    Loved the charge game, rest are so-so.
  39. EricC.
    May 19, 2007
    I guess it's hard not to recomend this game, since the controller it's packed with would normally cost $40. But still, on its own, it's a vastly more boring version of Wii Sports, and that game was completely free. Duck hunt style shooter was alright, and pool actually worked surprisingly well (if not way too easy), but everything else feels like games they took off a cheap I guess it's hard not to recomend this game, since the controller it's packed with would normally cost $40. But still, on its own, it's a vastly more boring version of Wii Sports, and that game was completely free. Duck hunt style shooter was alright, and pool actually worked surprisingly well (if not way too easy), but everything else feels like games they took off a cheap website and gave Wii controls. Expand
  40. BjornT.
    May 11, 2007
    Simple games (old style circa 10-15 years ago) but made different with the wii controler, they dont require much thought and will be short lived but cinda nice to play in a no brainer way and you get a controller, should have been bundeled with the consul.
    May 9, 2007
    Fun, i guess, but i'd rather play excite truck if I'm by myself, and wii sports or warioware if I"m with my friens. It comes out to ten bucks though, so, whatever.
  42. TheButcher
    Apr 29, 2007
    I don't know why they are all so negative about this game, while it is really addictive, especially 'Tanks!'. The controls work well, but you musn't buy this game for the singleplayer, because its the multiplayer where the game's good.
  43. VijayL.
    Apr 25, 2007
    Hey people, this game is a couple of quid as it comes with a wii remote. I wasn't expecting a Zelda but its definitely playful and worth getting if you buying a remote.
  44. AllenG.
    Apr 18, 2007
    The game does what it sets out to do - walks you through learning the remote's capabilities while giving some enjoyment along the way. And in areas where Remotes are scarce, paying an extra $10 for three or four arcade-style games is worth it.
  45. BJones
    Apr 8, 2007
    Not even worth the ten dollars it ends up costing. The cames are about as uninspired as anything I have ever seen. Playing this game is not even fun when it's played out of sheer desperation of nothing else to do... I would rather sit doing nothing than play this.
  46. SamuelL.
    Apr 8, 2007
    good if your bored but not for very long.
  47. ZaferusH
    Apr 4, 2007
    It's good to get used to the controller and some of the games are fun head to head. I would have given it a higher rating if it allowed some of it's games to go to 4 players (something sorely missing in Wii games so far).
  48. BenjaminB.
    Mar 22, 2007
    Except some stupid games (fishing, posing), the games really worth playing (my favourite: tank). if you calculate 2$ per every good game (they really worth it) you come to a price of more than 10$, which it actually costs. So it is a good deal for every wii-owner.
  49. CindyW.
    Mar 18, 2007
    Our family is not looking for the ultimate gaming experience but a quick diversion between activities. These games are fun, quick, easy to learn, and worth $10. We like finding our Miis in different areas of the game, too.
  50. MaxG.
    Mar 15, 2007
    The first thing you notice is that this game is quite limited in terms of replayability in single player. Once you get past this, you realize that it's a tremendously fun game to get out and play with friends to show of your Wii. The cow racing game is a favorite among my cohorts and never fails to make everyone in the room laugh. The manic bubble game and shooting range are The first thing you notice is that this game is quite limited in terms of replayability in single player. Once you get past this, you realize that it's a tremendously fun game to get out and play with friends to show of your Wii. The cow racing game is a favorite among my cohorts and never fails to make everyone in the room laugh. The manic bubble game and shooting range are brilliant for quick on the draw types and make you realize how wonderful the Wiimote is. The coolest game, however, is the tanks game, which lets you plug in your nunchuk and blast enemy tanks away in a series of increasingly difficult levels. The whole game is accompanied by a lively soundtrack and funny little noises, and is a perennial joy to play with a friend. Expand
  51. AndrewG.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Wow. I wrote this game off because of all the bad reviews, but damn this is so freaking fun. For one player, it won't last long - maybe tanks would have some replay value. But for two player this is INCREDIBLY addictive. The Find Mii game especially, is ridiculously fun with two or more people. Definitely recommended as a buy considering the wii-mote pack-in.
  52. GrahamH.
    Mar 14, 2007
    For essentially a $10 game, Wii Play exceeds expectations. Although shallow beyond belief, the games are all pretty fun, and do a good job of encouraging play by those who may have been disinclined to play video games in the past. The games are intuitive, quick, and even pretty addictive, in the case of the Tank and Find Mii games. Additionally, the 9-ball billiards is definitely worth For essentially a $10 game, Wii Play exceeds expectations. Although shallow beyond belief, the games are all pretty fun, and do a good job of encouraging play by those who may have been disinclined to play video games in the past. The games are intuitive, quick, and even pretty addictive, in the case of the Tank and Find Mii games. Additionally, the 9-ball billiards is definitely worth coming back to a couple of times. Let's face it though - the most important thing about Wii Play is the price: $50 including a $40 controller in the box. Though i don't plan on keeping the game forever, Wii play is without a doubt worth your cash. Expand
  53. RyanR.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Most of the games take a couple plays to catch on but once they do, HOLY CRAP! This game will not leave your Wii and all of your friends will want to borrow it.
  54. RobG
    Mar 10, 2007
    A poor example of a game. It's not really got any replayability, except maybe in multiplayer tanks or shooting. Most of the games are completely pointless (Cow racing, fishing, bubbles to name a few). The only noteworthy few are pool, tanks and shooting. Don't buy unless you have tried. Just borrow it off a friend for a weekend; its long enoughto get bored.
  55. JamesI-Doo
    Mar 2, 2007
    I have played a LOT of free internet mini games in my life, and some of those are quite enjoyable. I guess I expected Wii Play to have polished, finished mini-games that I could use to kill 5-10 minutes with a friend. Of the 9 minigames in Wii play, I would say only table tennis and the cow game are even close to as enjoyable as the millions of free flash games you can play for free on I have played a LOT of free internet mini games in my life, and some of those are quite enjoyable. I guess I expected Wii Play to have polished, finished mini-games that I could use to kill 5-10 minutes with a friend. Of the 9 minigames in Wii play, I would say only table tennis and the cow game are even close to as enjoyable as the millions of free flash games you can play for free on the internet. The game feels completely unpolished, unfinished and incomplete. For example, in the Pool game you must keep the Wiimote pointed at the screen while you try to move the wiimote back and forward to move the cue. 9 times out of 10 it fails to do what you expect because the "Please Point Your Wiimote at the screen" message comes up. The fishing game is frustrating because every time the other person catches a small fry, the view tilts up and you lose the big fish you almost hooked. There are dozens of things that are not quite right in every game. It feels like the developers said "Wii need 6 months to do this thing right" and Nintendo said "You have until tomorrow". Basically, if I had paid $40 for this game instead of $50, I would still feel I wasted the couple hours I played this worthless title. Want to play a mini game with your Wiimote: Goggle Strong Bad Wii and you will get 4 free games that are all better than any of the Wii Play games. Expand
  56. KyleW.
    Feb 26, 2007
    Wii play is a very fun game. Except half the games were downright dumb, the fishing give me a break.they could have made the fishing more realistic.and the whole pose your mii thing was stupid....id say its worth getting just for the three fun minigames. Billiards,table tennis, and laser hockey.
  57. CoryG.
    Feb 16, 2007
    Decent games. Tanks is possibly the funniest to play with friends. For $50 it's good to get it with the Wiimote. Even my mom got into Wii-fishing. Short-lasting appeal but durable until Mario party comes out.
  58. KDep
    Feb 15, 2007
    It's no Wii sports, but for $10 (minus the cost of the controller), it's worth it. They're little silly minigames, but they have some replay value. They're great pick-up and play games that anyone can enjoy. Grab it if you need another remote.
  59. ONEAsianThug
    Feb 13, 2007
    Just for the sheer fact that your getting a controller in the deal is well warranted to be a buy. Now i have 3 controllers but the game is highly addicting.
  60. DavidM.
    Feb 5, 2007
    I really would recommend this game. Ok its no Zelda, but its not trying to be. Its a great fun set of mini games which are great value with he remote as well. Get some mates round and have some beers and have a laugh.
  61. NickS.
    Feb 4, 2007
    A great collection of 9 mini-games, definitely worth the extra $10 with the wii-remote. Albeit, the fishing is a little clunky, the games provide a lot of entertainment when wii play is played in the same way as wii sports (say, an hour max a day); and more fun with friends.
  62. AdamNewing
    Jan 30, 2007
    I nearly had to go to court because of this game because I punched someone in the face at a party and smashed her teeth out when playing it, she claimed i assulted her but my deffence was Wii and i had a good larf at it but it got me in trouble so its rubbish and dangerous
  63. RichardH.
    Dec 28, 2006
    I don't know if its really fair reviewing wii play, you get it with an extra wiimote for an extra £5 afterall, so value for money its pretty hard to beat. The minigames themselves range from fun to really addictive, in one player they're good mostly just for practise or killing half an hour here or there, but in multiplayer you can have quite a bit more fun trying to beat I don't know if its really fair reviewing wii play, you get it with an extra wiimote for an extra £5 afterall, so value for money its pretty hard to beat. The minigames themselves range from fun to really addictive, in one player they're good mostly just for practise or killing half an hour here or there, but in multiplayer you can have quite a bit more fun trying to beat your friends. So yeah, its hard to say its a bad game when its not really a proper game, but at the same time you can't say its great either... I think a nice round 7 nicely represents it. Definitely get it though when/if you buy a new wiimote, its worth the extra fiver at any rate. Expand
  64. IvanV.
    Dec 8, 2006
    The reason I take off points is because this isn't really a game. It is more like training for use of the wii-mote and it serves its purpose well. At first I was very shaky with the pointer but after a few round of Wii play shooting everything feels smooth. A must buy for Wii owners seeing as it comes as little more than a few dollars with the wiimote.
  65. Feb 16, 2014

#8 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#23 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. By ordinary standards there's simply nothing here - bar Billiards - that offers anything worthy of more than a few minutes play. As an introduction to the Wii and its unique control scheme it just about works, but beyond that there's very little here to get excited about.
  2. Games Master UK
    Not really a game as such, but a capable if uninspired introduction to the wonders of Wii. [Christmas 2006, p.85]
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    All nine games are suprisingly addictive, and if you're planning on buying another Remote you really should go for this. [Christmas 2006, p.76]