8.1

1. Nov 9, 2011
    "Wii Sports" is decent at it's best. All of the sports might help you to understand basic knowledge of sports such as tennis or basketball, but that's how far this game can take you.
  2. Aug 14, 2010
    Considering this game is free with the wii, i think it's a generous offering. The Baseball isn't great, nor is the boxing, and compared to Wii Sports Resort, it's a bit lame, but its good as a starter into the world of wii!!!!
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    There are 5 sports: Bowling, Baseball, Boxing, Tennis, and Golf. All of them are pretty fun but the sport that was the best was the bowling. It is the best game to be bundled with a game console at launch.
  4. Dec 1, 2012
    Graphics:Almost great.
    Controls:There's a few mistakes but is good.
    Gameplay:The best sport of this game is golf.And the worst is bowling.The training option is awesome to prepare yourself to a sport.And the Wii Fitness say how you are in the game.
  5. Jun 11, 2013
    Is good play WII sport games is help you to understand basic knowledge of sports such a tennis or bowling
    also you can play a golf games is also is exercise games.
  6. Mar 22, 2011
    pretty much looking at this as a free game and a game that is made to showcase the wiimote it does a fairly good job . you get 5 games on it . bowling, tennis , golf , baseball , and boxing . now the bowling and golf are pretty solid and work well with the wiimote . the tennis and boxing are a joke and the baseball game is ok although its only 3 innings and not 9 with no option to set it the way you would like too and no control on any thing but the pitching and hitting . if you are mainly a solo gamer this will not provide you with to much fun as playing this by yourself gets old fast but playing with a group of people makes it much more entertaining . its a good party game and does a ok job of showing off what the wiimote can do. Expand
  7. Aug 23, 2010
    I love this game and the best part is that it came with the wii. Wii sports is by far one of the most succsesful games for the wii because other systems continue to copy it. The sequel was not as good as the first one and for some reason they fudged up golfing. Great game! I give it 8.5
  8. Sep 6, 2010
    A good game to come with the wii, fun for about an hour or two then starts to get a bit boring just playing the same 5 games one after the other, making you play another game on the wii, its an entertainer but can get repetitive, the golf handling is all over the place making it the worst game on wii sports however the bowling for me is the best out of the lot closely followed by tennis. Finally the boxing game gets you too sweaty after one game. It may sound harsh but im giving it a very average 5. Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2011
    It's hard to review a free game. If you had to pay for Wii Sport it would be about a 6, but you will be surprised just how addicted you can get to Wii Sport
  10. Jul 16, 2012
    Wii Sports is clearly a technology demonstration of what the Nintendo Wii had to offer. It came free with the Nintendo Wii so they obviously wanted to state something. Looking on the positive side, it is an excellent choice for a party game and should be played with more than one person. It could easily be a replacement for a board game on game night with your family. Basically, it was fun with friends while it lasted. Now, we look at the negative side. The biggest problem is the fact that you are made fully aware you are playing a video game, as opposed to an actual sport. For example, in tennis, you frequently miss balls that got past you because the computer didn't move you fast enough across the court. My sister and I found a what we call "cheat spot" in tennis where when you get served on the right side of the court, if you aim for the far left side the other player cannot reach the ball in time. What a flaw! Couldn't they just let you be able to override your character's movement with the D-pad? Furthermore, every game is based solely on timing and placement and not on any type of physics. It feels broken and unresponsive. The best sports being tennis, bowling, and baseball (in that order); and the worst being golf and boxing (in that order). The best of sports are that way because they at least feel slightly more real than the worst of sports. Also, playing for a while can make your hands sweat. Sweaty hands equal slippage of the Wii remote. That can obviously equal broken plasmas (trust me, just Google "wii remote tv damage"). This happens often in tennis and baseball. I was lucky I missed my flat screen and created a crater in the wall to the side of it, instead. It is not totally the game's fault, I am just warning you. Although, there was always the option of wearing the handcuff of the awkward wriststrap they give you. Overall, great multiplayer party game, but horrible single player because of unrealistic, repetitive gameplay and controls that respond whenever; but, hey, it was free. So, I paid what it was worth. Expand
  11. Feb 13, 2011
    Don't let the fact that this game comes with the Wii fool you it's one of it's best games, the graphics are great, the controls are great, and the sound is ok, and the controls are great, my only complaints are the sound and that it doesn't have that many games, but the amount of times you'll want to replay it easily makes up for it, it's a highly enjoyable experience for gamers of all ages.
  12. Feb 1, 2011
    Wii Sports did an excellent job at showing what the Wii could do. They've obviously payed attention to the games themselves, which is the right idea to do, with the "Quality over Quantity" thing. The visuals aren't that great, and some more titles would've been nice, but as a launch title, it does a mighty fine job.
  13. Aug 22, 2011
    A family based game, or party game since is free it will be played a ton of time when you get a visit, goof around with your friends, and simply yourself alone hidden in your room. So nothing more i can say because it's free. So do whatever you please with it.
  14. Aug 12, 2011
    Good because:
    + Free
    + Innovative, at least for the time it was released - no one can deny that!
    + Fun
    + Good multiplayer value

Bad stuff:
    > Cheap graphics, especially the mii characters during boxing
    > Gets too repetitive after a while, especially bowling
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    Fantastic game to be included in most starter packs in Wii. However, now being 2011, we should expect better games. This was an innovated game in 2006, when the Wii was first released.
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    Well its a good game for beginners. Although it gets boring very quick since its all just mini games. They are all very repetitive and they get frustrating sometimes when you reach harder points. The multiplayer isn't much more fun either. The graphics sometimes just get on my nerves in general. The control scheme was kind of stupid at some points and annoying to repeatedly do as well. All the wrist action will make you feel like you have exercised a lot when really you just have been moving around your wrist getting tired. In general the game is presented a bit lame as well and even more lame when your grandparents take interest to the game. But for people who are new to the wii, this will be a fun little experience. Expand
  17. Nov 25, 2011
    This game has a lot of fun in it, which might last a while. The game not only has the 5 sports in it, but it also has training mini-games, like hitting targets and landing golf balls on bull's eyes. The only complaint I have about this game is the baseball portion. The baseball wasn't really that fun, and the mini games weren't either. The 8 I gave this is because each game is worth 2 points, and I'm not giving baseball any. Expand
  18. Jan 21, 2012
    Except for that it is free, there isn't really anything great about this game. Its a tech demo, because there isn't really that fun, nor is there much content. The controls are awkward,slow and imprecise and none of the minigames emphasizes on skill at all (the controls aren't exact enough for skill to play a role anyhow). Overall, this is a real dumb game.
  19. Dec 25, 2011
    Very enjoyable game included with the Wii purchase. Play the computer or a friend and you will soon find yourself feeling like you are right there within the game playing Tennis, hitting a Baseball, punching your opponent in Boxing and Bowling for that elusive 300.
  20. Jan 9, 2012
    Nice to begin with the Wii. It's easy to play and fun, but after some time you might just fet other multiplayer game. Wii Sports becomes boring after some days. For the first days: awesome. after some weeks: boring.
  21. May 12, 2012
    It's the best-selling home console video game of all time, but of course this is entirely because it came packed in with the best-selling console of its generation. Wii Sports is loads of fun with friends, especially non-gamers; it's not so great when playing alone. As with most Wii games, online play is not offered; this would have made a huge difference. Makes a good party / family game for all ages. Expand
  22. Oct 31, 2012
    If you want a game that everyone in your family will know how to play to waste some time at Christmas, I would 100% recommend this game. To anyone who wants a simple party game for some fun, could do better but its still fun. Anyone who wants a proper sports game, don't use this. And anyone who wants a fun one player game, try balancing a potato on your head for hour. It's just as good.
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    Wii Sports is very genuine fun. Of course the sports are no where near as fleshed-out as they are in real life, but it is neat to be able to play as the "Mii" characters you have created.
  24. May 3, 2013
    My favourite sports are tennis and bowling. This is a great game to learn how to use the controllers. It is really cool when you hit a home run or the ball out of the park with cool writing on the screen. Golf is good fun, boxing needs a nunchuck but is really good fun especially when I beat up my Dad (he was really bad if you want to know).
  25. Jun 20, 2013
    Wii Sports is a fun game. Not much in the way of extra

content, but, playing the sports by yourself is fun,

playing in a group is fun, it's all fun. However, it

would have been nice if there was a bit more to the

Golf game, since there are only 9 different holes in

the game, it gets a little repetitive. But, that's

really my only complaint!
  26. Oct 21, 2013
    Its fun and its addicting at times but after a month it gets old, since there are only five sports and only three are fun which are tennis, baseball, and golf. Boxing is okay but I didn't like baseball but overall its a good family game and does a decent job showing what the Wii can do.
  27. Jul 23, 2013
    It has limited games, but "Wii Sports" is fun despite its limits. With fun sport games along side it, "Wii Sports" is nice to play and free with the Wii!
  28. Jul 24, 2013
    Wii Sports shows off the potential of the wii remote. It's a compilation of five sports, each showcasing what the wiimote has to offer. You use your miis in each of these. The first is bowling- swinging the remote as if you were playing it in real life. This is always responsive, and something anyone can dip into. For that reason, bowling is in my opinion the best game in Wii Sports. Next is tennis. This should be amazing but instead, it's just shaking the wiimote at the right time. It doesn't matter how you swing or shake it- the way it aims is due to your timing. Still, this is a great game, though matches are too short, even at the highest settings. There's a baseball game, which responds accurately to how you hold and swing the wiimote. In the same way, when bowling, the controls are fast and responsive. Depending on how you swing, you can put a spin on the ball. Golf and boxing is where it all goes haywire. Golf works how you'd imagine, with the wiimote being the golf club. The controls respond well when hitting the ball long distance. But when you're close to the hole, on the fairway, the wii remote's sensing can't pick up gentle hits. So you're forced to hit the ball harder, and then it zips over the hole. Golf is more frustrating than it is fun. Boxing, meanwhile, responds accurately- just a second after you do something. This lag stops it from being enjoyable. As well as these sports, there are training minigames for each of them, which adds to the fun, plus improves your skill. There is also a fitness test which is useless as it tells you nothing about your fitness. The better you become at sports, the higher your 'level' becomes. At 1000, you become 'pro level'. And that's far from easy to do. Wii Sports is the first game to get for your wii simply because it showcases what that remote can do. But bad boxing and golf bring it down. Expand
  29. Feb 3, 2014
    in honor of wii sports club for wii u im giving my option on wii sports for wii
    wii sports is fun to play i can;t say anything wrong with the lo co multplayer of the title
    i enjoyed the baseball of out of all them, and a true classic game for 7 years
  30. Sep 8, 2013
    Wii Sports is a nice, decent starter for the Wii. Despite it's lack of depth, it makes a nice pack-in for the Wii console. The more first-time Wii owners play this, the more used they get to the Wii. However, not all of the five sports are unique as you would expect. Before I go through all of the sports in this game, I should say something about the graphics. They are half simple, half realistic. Now onto the sports. Tennis is really good. Controls are well-functioned, but some of your swings may have the ball hit the net or out of the court. One dissapointment was that all you ever play is DOUBLES and ONLY doubles. No singles. That would be dissapointing, nonetheless still fun. Baseball was MEH. While the piching contols work really well, Batting controls were kinda bad. Most of my hits were fouls. Bowling was pretty fun. Controls work pretty well, however, the spin controls work properly at a precentage of 49%. Sometimes when you release the ball by swinging and twisting at the same time with your remote as you release B, your ball will either go slow and go on the side or twist slowly no matter how you twist your remote. Golf was OK. The courses looked pretty nice, but the controls When you swing your remote slowly as if you were putting, you can't hit the ball. You have to swing it a little more fast enough so the ball can land at a distance you want it to be at. And Boxing was a Hit. Controls work pretty well. Sometimes the game won't read your jabs correctly, nonetheless a great sport. The Training games work well as the 5 sports. The Wii Fitness was good as well, and puts a nice alternative to Wii Fit. Overall, Wii Sports is a Great game for you, your family and friends to play. It makes a nice starter to the Wii Console. I would recommend this especially for first-time Wii Owners. Metacritic roundup score: 8. My Score: 7.8 out of 10. Grade: B+. Expand
  31. Apr 1, 2014
    Wii Sports is overall good, but it's really not my type of game and it's not just because I'm not a big sports fan. Overall I do think this is a fun multiplayer game, I do like playing Tennis, Baseball and Bowling however I wasn't crazy about Golf or Boxing. There were also side versions of each games but I didn't really find too much greatness in them, I think some of them may have just been there to help players be healthy. Overall I guess Wii Sports is a good game for the pack-in title it was, but since later Wii boxes now also include Wii Sports Resort as well, I guess it probably makes it's "special-ness" go down a bit; I'm sure once I get a Wii U that I will find Nintendo Land to be a lot Superior as a pack in title, but for now, Wii Sports is an okay game, just pretty boring overall. I will give Wii Sports credit though, the game was actually good though and usually I think sports game suck mainly because of how repetitive each new entry can be in a sports game series (I'm talking about you Madden). Expand
  32. Mar 31, 2014
    Brilliant family game and is very addicting, however I feel they should have included more sports to play. Thankfully they do that in Wii Sports Resort.
  33. Jul 30, 2014
    A good launch title that helps you understand the basics of the motion control technology.

You can sum this game in just that sentence. It is simple and fun. But that doesn't change the fact that it's good. But I wished of a few more minigames

P.S That does come with a far more better wii game in fact
  34. Jun 9, 2014
    Oh my, this game.
    This might just be the best sports game ever on a videogame console. Controls are simple and intuitive, allowing anyone to pick them up. Getting really good at it is quite challenging, though, as is proper for a game that goes back to the roots of sports games like the ones on the NES. Physics feel natural enough and graphics are perfectly functional.

Whether you
    score a strike in bowling or hit the golf ball out into the water, it's almost certainly your own doing. There is no story whatsoever, just you, the player(s) and the gameplay. Anyone wondering why the Wii sold so well for years after launch, this is the answer. Expand
  35. Jun 10, 2014
    Uno de los juegos que más ha cerrado la brecha digital y de los preferidos para usar en familia. Sin él la Wii no habría tenido el impacto que tuvo. Sin duda uno de los videojuegos más importantes y más ninguneado.

Your non-gamer friends will be dazzled by the immediately intuitive controls and the imported Miis. But the title sacrifices incredible depth and visuals for an immediately accessible experience.
    The bottom line, really, is that Wii Sports, as a multiplayer game, is downright fun. Whether your thing is tennis, baseball, golf, bowling or boxing, you’re bound to be smiling - at least for a few seconds - while playing Wii Sports.
  3. For the hardcore there’s not much here that you’ll be playing for more than an hour other than the training mode which gives you a lot of challenges but ultimately falls flat.