8.1

1. Feb 13, 2011
    Don't let the fact that this game comes with the Wii fool you it's one of it's best games, the graphics are great, the controls are great, and the sound is ok, and the controls are great, my only complaints are the sound and that it doesn't have that many games, but the amount of times you'll want to replay it easily makes up for it, it's a highly enjoyable experience for gamers of all ages.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    There are 5 sports: Bowling, Baseball, Boxing, Tennis, and Golf. All of them are pretty fun but the sport that was the best was the bowling. It is the best game to be bundled with a game console at launch.
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    "Wii Sports" is decent at it's best. All of the sports might help you to understand basic knowledge of sports such as tennis or basketball, but that's how far this game can take you.
  4. Mar 22, 2011
    pretty much looking at this as a free game and a game that is made to showcase the wiimote it does a fairly good job . you get 5 games on it . bowling, tennis , golf , baseball , and boxing . now the bowling and golf are pretty solid and work well with the wiimote . the tennis and boxing are a joke and the baseball game is ok although its only 3 innings and not 9 with no option to set itpretty much looking at this as a free game and a game that is made to showcase the wiimote it does a fairly good job . you get 5 games on it . bowling, tennis , golf , baseball , and boxing . now the bowling and golf are pretty solid and work well with the wiimote . the tennis and boxing are a joke and the baseball game is ok although its only 3 innings and not 9 with no option to set it the way you would like too and no control on any thing but the pitching and hitting . if you are mainly a solo gamer this will not provide you with to much fun as playing this by yourself gets old fast but playing with a group of people makes it much more entertaining . its a good party game and does a ok job of showing off what the wiimote can do. Expand
  5. Aug 22, 2011
    A family based game, or party game since is free it will be played a ton of time when you get a visit, goof around with your friends, and simply yourself alone hidden in your room. So nothing more i can say because it's free. So do whatever you please with it.
  6. Jul 23, 2013
    It has limited games, but "Wii Sports" is fun despite its limits. With fun sport games along side it, "Wii Sports" is nice to play and free with the Wii!
  7. Oct 31, 2012
    If you want a game that everyone in your family will know how to play to waste some time at Christmas, I would 100% recommend this game. To anyone who wants a simple party game for some fun, could do better but its still fun. Anyone who wants a proper sports game, don't use this. And anyone who wants a fun one player game, try balancing a potato on your head for hour. It's just as good.
  8. Oct 21, 2013
    Its fun and its addicting at times but after a month it gets old, since there are only five sports and only three are fun which are tennis, baseball, and golf. Boxing is okay but I didn't like baseball but overall its a good family game and does a decent job showing what the Wii can do.
  9. Feb 4, 2015
    A surprisingly functional game that uses "motion controls" to control the game. It is really fun, especially with family and friends. Where Wii Sport's downfall comes is the shortage of games to play. Overall, great game. 8/10 (Great)
  10. Mar 6, 2015
    This is a great game but Resort is MUCH BETTER!! Golf had a little lag here, but fixed in Resort. Bowling is my favourite. The sports are fun, baseball is fun! I got Out of the Park twice in my life playing Wii Sports. The training mode is very fun and on the last round of "100 pin bowling" there is a trick on the final round. Find it out yourself. You'll be surprised.
  11. Nov 14, 2012
    Wii Sports is very genuine fun. Of course the sports are no where near as fleshed-out as they are in real life, but it is neat to be able to play as the "Mii" characters you have created.
  12. Jun 10, 2014
    Uno de los juegos que más ha cerrado la brecha digital y de los preferidos para usar en familia. Sin él la Wii no habría tenido el impacto que tuvo. Sin duda uno de los videojuegos más importantes y más ninguneado.
  13. Apr 1, 2014
    Wii Sports is overall good, but it's really not my type of game and it's not just because I'm not a big sports fan. Overall I do think this is a fun multiplayer game, I do like playing Tennis, Baseball and Bowling however I wasn't crazy about Golf or Boxing. There were also side versions of each games but I didn't really find too much greatness in them, I think some of them may have justWii Sports is overall good, but it's really not my type of game and it's not just because I'm not a big sports fan. Overall I do think this is a fun multiplayer game, I do like playing Tennis, Baseball and Bowling however I wasn't crazy about Golf or Boxing. There were also side versions of each games but I didn't really find too much greatness in them, I think some of them may have just been there to help players be healthy. Overall I guess Wii Sports is a good game for the pack-in title it was, but since later Wii boxes now also include Wii Sports Resort as well, I guess it probably makes it's "special-ness" go down a bit; I'm sure once I get a Wii U that I will find Nintendo Land to be a lot Superior as a pack in title, but for now, Wii Sports is an okay game, just pretty boring overall. I will give Wii Sports credit though, the game was actually good though and usually I think sports game suck mainly because of how repetitive each new entry can be in a sports game series (I'm talking about you Madden). Expand
  14. Feb 22, 2015
    This and Wii Play are great tech demos for the Wii. The graphics are great for Wii. The controls are good. The sports are fun. The training mode is fun. Wii Sports is a good game to be introduced to the Wii and I bet every Wii owner has this game.
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    in honor of wii sports club for wii u im giving my option on wii sports for wii
    wii sports is fun to play i can;t say anything wrong with the lo co multplayer of the title
    i enjoyed the baseball of out of all them, and a true classic game for 7 years
  16. Jul 24, 2013
    Wii Sports shows off the potential of the wii remote. It's a compilation of five sports, each showcasing what the wiimote has to offer. You use your miis in each of these. The first is bowling- swinging the remote as if you were playing it in real life. This is always responsive, and something anyone can dip into. For that reason, bowling is in my opinion the best game in Wii Sports. NextWii Sports shows off the potential of the wii remote. It's a compilation of five sports, each showcasing what the wiimote has to offer. You use your miis in each of these. The first is bowling- swinging the remote as if you were playing it in real life. This is always responsive, and something anyone can dip into. For that reason, bowling is in my opinion the best game in Wii Sports. Next is tennis. This should be amazing but instead, it's just shaking the wiimote at the right time. It doesn't matter how you swing or shake it- the way it aims is due to your timing. Still, this is a great game, though matches are too short, even at the highest settings. There's a baseball game, which responds accurately to how you hold and swing the wiimote. In the same way, when bowling, the controls are fast and responsive. Depending on how you swing, you can put a spin on the ball. Golf and boxing is where it all goes haywire. Golf works how you'd imagine, with the wiimote being the golf club. The controls respond well when hitting the ball long distance. But when you're close to the hole, on the fairway, the wii remote's sensing can't pick up gentle hits. So you're forced to hit the ball harder, and then it zips over the hole. Golf is more frustrating than it is fun. Boxing, meanwhile, responds accurately- just a second after you do something. This lag stops it from being enjoyable. As well as these sports, there are training minigames for each of them, which adds to the fun, plus improves your skill. There is also a fitness test which is useless as it tells you nothing about your fitness. The better you become at sports, the higher your 'level' becomes. At 1000, you become 'pro level'. And that's far from easy to do. Wii Sports is the first game to get for your wii simply because it showcases what that remote can do. But bad boxing and golf bring it down. Expand
  17. Nov 15, 2011
    Fantastic game to be included in most starter packs in Wii. However, now being 2011, we should expect better games. This was an innovated game in 2006, when the Wii was first released.
  18. Jul 16, 2012
    Wii Sports is clearly a technology demonstration of what the Nintendo Wii had to offer. It came free with the Nintendo Wii so they obviously wanted to state something. Looking on the positive side, it is an excellent choice for a party game and should be played with more than one person. It could easily be a replacement for a board game on game night with your family. Basically, it was funWii Sports is clearly a technology demonstration of what the Nintendo Wii had to offer. It came free with the Nintendo Wii so they obviously wanted to state something. Looking on the positive side, it is an excellent choice for a party game and should be played with more than one person. It could easily be a replacement for a board game on game night with your family. Basically, it was fun with friends while it lasted. Now, we look at the negative side. The biggest problem is the fact that you are made fully aware you are playing a video game, as opposed to an actual sport. For example, in tennis, you frequently miss balls that got past you because the computer didn't move you fast enough across the court. My sister and I found a what we call "cheat spot" in tennis where when you get served on the right side of the court, if you aim for the far left side the other player cannot reach the ball in time. What a flaw! Couldn't they just let you be able to override your character's movement with the D-pad? Furthermore, every game is based solely on timing and placement and not on any type of physics. It feels broken and unresponsive. The best sports being tennis, bowling, and baseball (in that order); and the worst being golf and boxing (in that order). The best of sports are that way because they at least feel slightly more real than the worst of sports. Also, playing for a while can make your hands sweat. Sweaty hands equal slippage of the Wii remote. That can obviously equal broken plasmas (trust me, just Google "wii remote tv damage"). This happens often in tennis and baseball. I was lucky I missed my flat screen and created a crater in the wall to the side of it, instead. It is not totally the game's fault, I am just warning you. Although, there was always the option of wearing the handcuff of the awkward wriststrap they give you. Overall, great multiplayer party game, but horrible single player because of unrealistic, repetitive gameplay and controls that respond whenever; but, hey, it was free. So, I paid what it was worth. Expand
  19. Jan 21, 2012
    Except for that it is free, there isn't really anything great about this game. Its a tech demo, because there isn't really that fun, nor is there much content. The controls are awkward,slow and imprecise and none of the minigames emphasizes on skill at all (the controls aren't exact enough for skill to play a role anyhow). Overall, this is a real dumb game.
  20. Nov 25, 2011
    This game has a lot of fun in it, which might last a while. The game not only has the 5 sports in it, but it also has training mini-games, like hitting targets and landing golf balls on bull's eyes. The only complaint I have about this game is the baseball portion. The baseball wasn't really that fun, and the mini games weren't either. The 8 I gave this is because each game is worth 2This game has a lot of fun in it, which might last a while. The game not only has the 5 sports in it, but it also has training mini-games, like hitting targets and landing golf balls on bull's eyes. The only complaint I have about this game is the baseball portion. The baseball wasn't really that fun, and the mini games weren't either. The 8 I gave this is because each game is worth 2 points, and I'm not giving baseball any. Expand
  21. Dec 25, 2011
    Very enjoyable game included with the Wii purchase. Play the computer or a friend and you will soon find yourself feeling like you are right there within the game playing Tennis, hitting a Baseball, punching your opponent in Boxing and Bowling for that elusive 300.
  22. Feb 12, 2015
    Wii Sports is one of my favourite sports games of all time. The graphics and characters look awesome. The only bad thing about it are the controls. They are good but can get really touchy. You need a lot of practise to master this challenging game.
  23. Jul 30, 2014
    A good launch title that helps you understand the basics of the motion control technology.

You can sum this game in just that sentence. It is simple and fun. But that doesn't change the fact that it's good. But I wished of a few more minigames

P.S That does come with a far more better wii game in fact
  24. Nov 13, 2011
    It's hard to review a free game. If you had to pay for Wii Sport it would be about a 6, but you will be surprised just how addicted you can get to Wii Sport
  25. Jun 20, 2013
    Wii Sports is a fun game. Not much in the way of extra

content, but, playing the sports by yourself is fun,

playing in a group is fun, it's all fun. However, it

would have been nice if there was a bit more to the

Golf game, since there are only 9 different holes in

the game, it gets a little repetitive. But, that's

really my only complaint!
  26. Feb 1, 2011
    Wii Sports did an excellent job at showing what the Wii could do. They've obviously payed attention to the games themselves, which is the right idea to do, with the "Quality over Quantity" thing. The visuals aren't that great, and some more titles would've been nice, but as a launch title, it does a mighty fine job.
  27. Jan 9, 2012
    Nice to begin with the Wii. It's easy to play and fun, but after some time you might just fet other multiplayer game. Wii Sports becomes boring after some days. For the first days: awesome. after some weeks: boring.
  28. Aug 23, 2010
    I love this game and the best part is that it came with the wii. Wii sports is by far one of the most succsesful games for the wii because other systems continue to copy it. The sequel was not as good as the first one and for some reason they fudged up golfing. Great game! I give it 8.5
  29. Aug 14, 2010
    Considering this game is free with the wii, i think it's a generous offering. The Baseball isn't great, nor is the boxing, and compared to Wii Sports Resort, it's a bit lame, but its good as a starter into the world of wii!!!!
  30. Dec 1, 2012
    Graphics:Almost great.
    Controls:There's a few mistakes but is good.
    Gameplay:The best sport of this game is golf.And the worst is bowling.The training option is awesome to prepare yourself to a sport.And the Wii Fitness say how you are in the game.
  31. May 3, 2013
    My favourite sports are tennis and bowling. This is a great game to learn how to use the controllers. It is really cool when you hit a home run or the ball out of the park with cool writing on the screen. Golf is good fun, boxing needs a nunchuck but is really good fun especially when I beat up my Dad (he was really bad if you want to know).
  32. Aug 12, 2011
    Good because:
    + Free
    + Innovative, at least for the time it was released - no one can deny that!
    + Fun
    + Good multiplayer value

Bad stuff:
    > Cheap graphics, especially the mii characters during boxing
    > Gets too repetitive after a while, especially bowling
  33. Nov 20, 2011
    Well its a good game for beginners. Although it gets boring very quick since its all just mini games. They are all very repetitive and they get frustrating sometimes when you reach harder points. The multiplayer isn't much more fun either. The graphics sometimes just get on my nerves in general. The control scheme was kind of stupid at some points and annoying to repeatedly do as well. AllWell its a good game for beginners. Although it gets boring very quick since its all just mini games. They are all very repetitive and they get frustrating sometimes when you reach harder points. The multiplayer isn't much more fun either. The graphics sometimes just get on my nerves in general. The control scheme was kind of stupid at some points and annoying to repeatedly do as well. All the wrist action will make you feel like you have exercised a lot when really you just have been moving around your wrist getting tired. In general the game is presented a bit lame as well and even more lame when your grandparents take interest to the game. But for people who are new to the wii, this will be a fun little experience. Expand
  34. Mar 31, 2014
    Brilliant family game and is very addicting, however I feel they should have included more sports to play. Thankfully they do that in Wii Sports Resort.
  35. Sep 6, 2010
    A good game to come with the wii, fun for about an hour or two then starts to get a bit boring just playing the same 5 games one after the other, making you play another game on the wii, its an entertainer but can get repetitive, the golf handling is all over the place making it the worst game on wii sports however the bowling for me is the best out of the lot closely followed by tennis.A good game to come with the wii, fun for about an hour or two then starts to get a bit boring just playing the same 5 games one after the other, making you play another game on the wii, its an entertainer but can get repetitive, the golf handling is all over the place making it the worst game on wii sports however the bowling for me is the best out of the lot closely followed by tennis. Finally the boxing game gets you too sweaty after one game. It may sound harsh but im giving it a very average 5. Expand
  36. Dec 9, 2014
    Wii Sports was my very first Wii game, and I liked it a lot. But then something happened after I played it again, it wasn't that fun. Wii Sports is a game that is best enjoyed with friends and family, but when you play alone by yourself you can't help but get bored by the inferior A.I. (except for Boxing, that one is tough) and because of that you can beat any sport with enough experience.Wii Sports was my very first Wii game, and I liked it a lot. But then something happened after I played it again, it wasn't that fun. Wii Sports is a game that is best enjoyed with friends and family, but when you play alone by yourself you can't help but get bored by the inferior A.I. (except for Boxing, that one is tough) and because of that you can beat any sport with enough experience. So yeah, my recommendation is: Rent it, and if you like it, buy it. Expand
  37. May 12, 2012
    It's the best-selling home console video game of all time, but of course this is entirely because it came packed in with the best-selling console of its generation. Wii Sports is loads of fun with friends, especially non-gamers; it's not so great when playing alone. As with most Wii games, online play is not offered; this would have made a huge difference. Makes a good party / familyIt's the best-selling home console video game of all time, but of course this is entirely because it came packed in with the best-selling console of its generation. Wii Sports is loads of fun with friends, especially non-gamers; it's not so great when playing alone. As with most Wii games, online play is not offered; this would have made a huge difference. Makes a good party / family game for all ages. Expand
  38. Jun 9, 2014
    Oh my, this game.
    This might just be the best sports game ever on a videogame console. Controls are simple and intuitive, allowing anyone to pick them up. Getting really good at it is quite challenging, though, as is proper for a game that goes back to the roots of sports games like the ones on the NES. Physics feel natural enough and graphics are perfectly functional.
    Whether you
    Oh my, this game.

Whether you score a strike in bowling or hit the golf ball out into the water, it's almost certainly your own doing. There is no story whatsoever, just you, the player(s) and the gameplay. Anyone wondering why the Wii sold so well for years after launch, this is the answer.
  39. Jun 11, 2013
    Is good play WII sport games is help you to understand basic knowledge of sports such a tennis or bowling
    also you can play a golf games is also is exercise games.
  40. JonS.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Fun for hours, controls work perfectly, there are secrets to be unlocked, you can spend hours trying to break your records on training games, and anyone can play it, 10 w/o a doubt
  41. WilliamB.
    Jun 21, 2007
    Enjoyed all of the games, but I do prefer more realistic graphics. Bowling is really awesome.
  42. reggo
    Jul 15, 2007
    Loved it from the first minute! Quite realistic for the amateur. Therapeutic - definitely Sports on a rainy day!
  43. NivsK.
    Aug 10, 2007
    Love the tennis & baseball here ... its like playing the real game .. whoever dislikes this will ONLY be a sport-hater... i love sports & there's nothing like beatinga friend or even better the other players with high scores ! exhausting & great cardio !!
  44. SimonG.
    Sep 4, 2007
    The beauties of Wii Sports are that it's accessible and FREE (hard to complain about this isn
  45. WilliamT.
    Feb 17, 2008
    It's not exactly Super Mario Galaxy, but it's still great fun and you get it free with your Wii console so I ain't complaining.
  46. AndrewG.
    Dec 17, 2006
    What is great about Wii Sports is that my non-gaming friends (especially girls) love to play it because it's so simple to pick up. But, when you play it for a while most of the games get really boring. Golf is terrible. Baseball is bad (the only reason it isn't terrible is because of homerun derby). Boxing is mediocre because the controls seem inconsistent when trying to pull What is great about Wii Sports is that my non-gaming friends (especially girls) love to play it because it's so simple to pick up. But, when you play it for a while most of the games get really boring. Golf is terrible. Baseball is bad (the only reason it isn't terrible is because of homerun derby). Boxing is mediocre because the controls seem inconsistent when trying to pull off anything but the jabs. Strangely enough, boxing is the game that everyone that has played with me loves the most - one person even said that it was a good workout! Tennis is good, but it's also pretty easy. Bowling is really really fun, basically because it's just like real bowling. Since I only have one wii-mote it's the only game that I can play multiplayer with my friends (golf too, but... no). But what is giving me the most replay value is the fitness test. Strangely enough, the fact that you're limited to do it once a day entices me to do it even more! All in all, single player value comes from the tennis regular game, the fitness test, and a few of the training games. Multiplayer replay value comes from bowling and perhaps boxing. Expand
  47. GeoffL.
    Dec 27, 2006
    I played this game with my cousin, and it RULES! I think it's awesome how it comes with the console, and the idea is simple. It tells you how to play even! Using your own Mii is prettyfun too. 10/10
  48. MikeM.
    Dec 5, 2006
    All of the games are spectacular. They each have their own fun minigames, and it really gives you something to work at. With practice, one can figure out a great way to excel in each sport.
  49. SamP.
    Nov 5, 2007
    This game rocks. Idon't care how simple it is, when you play the Wii for the first time this will be the game you play. Play round a mates house, and their parents join in! Brilliant stuff. Just don't play the boxing game.
  50. ChrisD.
    Jan 1, 2007
    One of the best games I've ever played that came with a console. What is really amazing about this game is the range of people that can enjoy it. My mom, who probably hasn't touched a game since tetris, has gotten really into the tennis game, and the bowling game in Wii Sports is very close to the real thing, just without the smell of the bowling shoes and the waxed floors. One of the best games I've ever played that came with a console. What is really amazing about this game is the range of people that can enjoy it. My mom, who probably hasn't touched a game since tetris, has gotten really into the tennis game, and the bowling game in Wii Sports is very close to the real thing, just without the smell of the bowling shoes and the waxed floors. Since the only was to buy this is to buy the Wii, let it be a consideration when purchasing a next-gen console. Expand
  51. AnonymousMC
    Oct 19, 2007
    This is still one of the best game packages out there. All of the games are fun especially in to player made. You get to play several different sports which all are fun. The only problem is that there is no online play and the games have no depth to them. It's a great package and a steal considering it's free with a wii system.
  52. BenihanaB.
    Dec 25, 2007
    Remeber how much fun Super Mario Bros. was for the classic NES? This game included with the wii system is great! Teaches you all the basic needs controls you might need for the inovative game system. Even better it is a party game where we can all get together and play. Okay, maybe it does not deserve a perfect ten, since the graphics are horrible, but hey, This is the original Wii game!!!!!!
  53. JakeK.
    Jan 23, 2007
    Great fun for everyone, not just habitual gamers.
  54. EmilyPP.
    Dec 30, 2007
    I think this game is fun and great to play with friends. I'm rubbish at some and good at others, theres almost aways a mini game which someones great at.
  55. DrehminiK.
    Jan 3, 2007
    The game may look simple, but yet it has a vast amount of complexity to it. While the graphics are simplistic at best the gameplay lacks none.
  56. KokopelliCreator
    May 9, 2007
    The graphics were not perfect but other than that was great. This was the first Wii game i had played and i have been waiting for a motion sensing game since i was like 5 so this made me so happy i almost cried.
  57. JoyK.
    Jun 22, 2007
    My daughter and son-in-law bought this game for their children. My husband and I went out and bought one too. We love it! It is a great way to get a little exercise and to have something else to do in the evening rather than watch TV. We live in Arizona and it is too hot outside for the children to play, so this game helps keep them active. The children can call us on the phone and ask us My daughter and son-in-law bought this game for their children. My husband and I went out and bought one too. We love it! It is a great way to get a little exercise and to have something else to do in the evening rather than watch TV. We live in Arizona and it is too hot outside for the children to play, so this game helps keep them active. The children can call us on the phone and ask us to play a game with them...and we can actually play from different houses. We have not tried that yet, but my son-in-law is hooking up the wireless this weekend so we can. Imagine bowling with the kids in the evenings...what fun! This is another great way to enjoy the grandkids. The remote works great with the game. Even my mother-in-law can play when she comes...it is that well suited for all ages. This is the best innovation that has come out in years. I hope they continue to add games that use the wiimote like this game uses it...and that help get us all off the couch. Love it, love it, love it. Way to go...keep designing games that are similar. I love the tennis and the bowling the best...I am not very good yet at baseball...but with a little practice...I bet I can do that too. From ages 5 to 75...this is a great system. Expand
  58. BlakeR.
    Jan 11, 2008
    This game should be updated soon it should start to get boring after a while apart from that its ledge
  59. NickR.
    Feb 4, 2008
    This game is brilliant!! You can climb up the skills mountain to get to be a pro. The game includes golf boxing baseball tennis and bowling. There also is the option to do training with lots of mini tasks and you can an age chexk with 20 being the lowest so i would advise you to get this game A++
    Nov 13, 2006
    Very simple but still great fun. The tennis game in particular is awesome and no, you don't need to swing your arms about too much!
  61. AnonymousMC
    Dec 19, 2006
    this game is so much fun. it sure beats going to the bowling alley. id have given it a 10 if the boxing controls were smoother, but for the most part, i got the hang of it. i'll almost pro status on boxing. baseball is also fun when its 2 players. when we play, the pitcher stands a couple feet behind the batter so the batter cant see the arm speed of the pitcher. makes for morethis game is so much fun. it sure beats going to the bowling alley. id have given it a 10 if the boxing controls were smoother, but for the most part, i got the hang of it. i'll almost pro status on boxing. baseball is also fun when its 2 players. when we play, the pitcher stands a couple feet behind the batter so the batter cant see the arm speed of the pitcher. makes for more of a batter/pitcher duel. Collapse
  62. FrederikMeringen
    Dec 9, 2006
    great game
  63. MarkH.
    Jan 11, 2007
    Wii Sports may be considered the best beer drinking game of all time. Not only should every kid get a Wii system, but every adult should as well. It's a good way to get in shape and have fun doing it. I wish there were more options and more sports though.
  64. Matt
    Jan 14, 2007
    fun simple game which last a surprising amount of time.
  65. Eeganrac
    Jan 19, 2007
    Very very fun with friends. If you are alone, will get boring really fast. What do you expect the for a free game with your shiny new console.
  66. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    I really enjoy this game. Bowling is by far my favorite of all the mini games, with golf being my least favorite.
  67. PhillipV.
    Jan 25, 2007
    It is much better than some of the ratings tell you. Its inovative, fun, addictive and did I mention fun? But whats even better, is that its free. Nintendo could easily charge you 50$ for this game.
  68. EddyH.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Great fun. Boxing and tennis are the stand out games.
  69. Sandtifica
    Mar 11, 2007
    This game may be one of the best thing to happen to gaming in a long time. Family's are playing together and not just the kids. Because most people know the rules of these simple sports games any one can pick it up and see what the Wii can do. My 63 year old dad bought one and now him and all the grand kids are connecting in a hole new way. For a free game that comes with the system This game may be one of the best thing to happen to gaming in a long time. Family's are playing together and not just the kids. Because most people know the rules of these simple sports games any one can pick it up and see what the Wii can do. My 63 year old dad bought one and now him and all the grand kids are connecting in a hole new way. For a free game that comes with the system its just what was needed to get parents of the backs of there children for playing to many video games. Expand
  70. RobG.
    Mar 10, 2007
    This game has so much multiplayer replayability it is absurd. My housemates and I play this all week because its fun (And keeps you fitter than other games). I'm not sure this needs a review, seeing as everybody owns it, but has clearly got poor reviews from the professionals. Any self-respecting company would not ship a bad game with a console; and they didn't. Don't miss This game has so much multiplayer replayability it is absurd. My housemates and I play this all week because its fun (And keeps you fitter than other games). I'm not sure this needs a review, seeing as everybody owns it, but has clearly got poor reviews from the professionals. Any self-respecting company would not ship a bad game with a console; and they didn't. Don't miss the excitement of getting a starry bowling ball or your tennis ranking going off the chart. Expand
  71. BenjaminB.
    Mar 22, 2007
    Great use of the wiimote, but a little too less playing time for single players.
  72. DanC.
    Apr 24, 2007
    Absolutely flippin brilliant. The graphic aren't great but the Miis are fun to look at. Golf is the best for single player, but boxing is a letdown, it just feels a little tacked on.
  73. xxhopingtearsxx
    Apr 29, 2007
    I absolutely love this game. It gives me exercise.. in my house!
  74. AaronN.
    Apr 3, 2007
    Lives up to the user hype. A lot of fun, even if there's not much to do. Multiplayer is fabulous, even if the only game more than two people can play at once is Tennis. Thumbs up to Nintendo, for packaging a game that stops most critics of the remote dead in their tracks!
  75. BrianO.
    May 21, 2007
    Tennis - Excellent; Bowling - Good for a laugh; Golf - Nice; Boxing - Excellent; Baseball - Pretty poor. Overall - great way to pass a few hours and get used to the Wii.
  76. CarasekR.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Shows off the systems capabilities excellently. Would have preferred to be able to play longer matches in the tennis - first to three as a maximum length was slightly disappointing.
  77. JonnyL.
    Jun 3, 2007
    This was all around awesome games the wii's are cool and the games are fun. I really want to try 2 player boxing cuz the guys you face in 1 player are so computer generated.
  78. AlejandroR.
    Jun 5, 2007
    The first good thing about this game is the price. This is the cheapest price you can pay for anything, "Free." Next is the gameplay. This game is very fun for anyone, whether they are old or young, tall or short, or a video game player or not. This game also shows all the unique movements and abilities of the Wii Remote. You see how the game swings with golf, baseball, and tennis. You The first good thing about this game is the price. This is the cheapest price you can pay for anything, "Free." Next is the gameplay. This game is very fun for anyone, whether they are old or young, tall or short, or a video game player or not. This game also shows all the unique movements and abilities of the Wii Remote. You see how the game swings with golf, baseball, and tennis. You get to see how you can tilt the control and make the bowling ball curve in the game. You also get to test out the nunjucks in the boxing. The fitness test had me playing this game at least once a day so that I can get a fitness score for the day. This game is fun and never gets old. Expand
  79. GuidoE.
    Jun 8, 2007
    Revolutionary. My prediction: this game will stand in history as the most influential game of the current console generation.
  80. KeiranR.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Sheer excellence for a free game. great use of the wii remote and hours of fun in all honesty.
  81. SqueM.
    Aug 28, 2008
    Wii Sports Review Graphics: 7.5/10 (Simple but appealing) Sound: 7.5/10 (Sound effects and music are okay) Controls Average: 38/50 = 7.6/10 Tennis: 9/10 (Almost though it swings without me swinging it) Baseball: 10/10 (Simple, sweet and to the point) Bowling: 9.5/10 (Awesome but the problem with throwing can throw you off at times) Golf: 6.5/10 (It's hard to hit it at the right Wii Sports Review Graphics: 7.5/10 (Simple but appealing) Sound: 7.5/10 (Sound effects and music are okay) Controls Average: 38/50 = 7.6/10 Tennis: 9/10 (Almost though it swings without me swinging it) Baseball: 10/10 (Simple, sweet and to the point) Bowling: 9.5/10 (Awesome but the problem with throwing can throw you off at times) Golf: 6.5/10 (It's hard to hit it at the right speed) Boxing: 3/10 (Really hard to throw a punch) Gameplay Average: 37/50 = 7.4/10 Tennis: 7/10 (Good though it gets boring after a while) Baseball: 9.5/10 (Awesome though I wish it actually follow the rules of Baseball) Bowling: 8/10 (Fun but gets boring after a while) Golf: 5/10 (Gets boring since this uses the same layouts even when you play a new game) Boxing: 7.5/10 (Though controls suck, it very fun once you get used to it) Lastability: 8/10 (Lots of replay value for a launch game) Overall: B+ (Weird for a launch game that's really this good). Expand
  82. JesseR.
    Nov 19, 2006
    I had a lot of fun with this game. I wish I would have had 2 more wiimotes so all of my friends could play.
  83. SteveW.
    Nov 25, 2006
    Good fun. Intuitive and simple. Bowling and Tennis are our favorites.
  84. K.Turner
    Dec 23, 2006
    There's so much hidden depth to this game. At a glance it seems simple, but there's a subtlety to the control system. Being really good at say tennis, allows you to return the ball back to anywhere in the court. Bowling allows for fantastic spin control. Sure you can beat-the-drum for boxing, but only with time can you learn all the special punches and combinations. The Mii There's so much hidden depth to this game. At a glance it seems simple, but there's a subtlety to the control system. Being really good at say tennis, allows you to return the ball back to anywhere in the court. Bowling allows for fantastic spin control. Sure you can beat-the-drum for boxing, but only with time can you learn all the special punches and combinations. The Mii characters might look cheap and cutesy, but underneath there's great depth to the control & physics modelling. We own seven Wii games, and we play Wii Sports 2/3 of the time. Expand
  85. BrockJ.
    Dec 3, 2006
    After waiting for the Wii and Zelda for as long as I had, I find myself playing Wii sports more! An amazing way to get a feel for the wiimote. It did what the wii set out to do, make a new gaming experience for new gamers and seasoned veterans. My only complaint is that the boxing controls are a little awkward. Looking forward to a Wii sports 2!
  86. IvanV.
    Dec 8, 2006
    Not the most immersive single player game but incredibly fun with friends to play with. Especially Wii tennis and golf. Wii boxing was the game I was most excited about but it isnt very responsive or accurate to actions. Hopefully they will make a more accurate boxing specific game in the future for the Wii. rocky maybe?
  87. VijayL.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Game mag reviewers lose the plot, reader reviews matter this game is great, it shows the future of gaming.
  88. GregS.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Yes, it is free and approachable--and it's fun. For me, though, the big win for this was "practice mode" which is not only highly innovative, but really good at teaching the Wii skill basics so that new players can understand what they are supposed to be doing. Nothing like a coach throwing 30 balls at you to help you learn how to hit a baseball.
  89. ZH
    Jan 24, 2007
    Most addictive game ever. Great multiplayer.
  90. Dude
    Jan 29, 2007
    Man, I think the critics all really missed the boat with this one. This game is so much fun, and we've been playing it for over a month straight. No, you're not getting a super deep version of any of the five games, but what you're getting is five different games, with several different mini-game modes each, that are all really fun to play, especially with another person. I Man, I think the critics all really missed the boat with this one. This game is so much fun, and we've been playing it for over a month straight. No, you're not getting a super deep version of any of the five games, but what you're getting is five different games, with several different mini-game modes each, that are all really fun to play, especially with another person. I have gotten so many people to try this game who don't even like video games, and every one of them found something to love out of the different game options. People who have never even considered owning a video game console tell me they want a Wii now after trying it. My girlfriend and I(and she barely even likes video games normally)play together every day. No, you're not getting super deep versions of the games or fancy long single player modes, but I can't imagine why anyone would expect that when it was never advertised as that. It is meant to be a game that you can pop on with anyone and both have a blast. And as far as replay value, I don't know that we'll be playing it forever, but we've played it for a month and a half straight, and that right there is pretty darned good I'd say. You can't grade this thing on the same scale as normal games, because it's something new. And it's just plain fun. Expand
  91. AdamH.
    Jul 16, 2007
    A real classic, easily approachable, extremely addictive!
  92. RonaldoF.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Easy controls and strong identification with characters. I could only hope for a little bit more of variety in things such as golf courses, single player tennis and so on.
  93. GideonD.
    Feb 11, 2008
    This is a fantastic example of how the motion-sensing can make for engaging multi-player action only to be found on the Wii, The music is relaxing and even though the graphics may not be hi-res, they make for a fun, quirky atmosphere and what's more, have character. Having so many games here is another plus, including the sometimes insane 'practice modes'. As for the This is a fantastic example of how the motion-sensing can make for engaging multi-player action only to be found on the Wii, The music is relaxing and even though the graphics may not be hi-res, they make for a fun, quirky atmosphere and what's more, have character. Having so many games here is another plus, including the sometimes insane 'practice modes'. As for the lukewarm scores from mag reviewers- what other comparable games are they thinking of that non-gamers and gamers alike can so easily get into and create a party atmosphere with? This game is what made the Wii a success story and it will go down, in history as one of the most successful pieces of home entertainment made. Now how about Wii Sports 2? Expand
  94. GoonerGooner
    Feb 22, 2008
    Great game, didn't need to buy another one for 2 months! Bowling was easy, I was pro within the first hour. Tennis and Baseball and Boxing are all great, although Baseball can be a bit unfair at times. Golf surprised me as it was alright, not great but alright. Overall a great, great game!
  95. HennyE
    Apr 11, 2008
    After 4 back surgeries I thought I was done with bowling, but then along came the wii. I can now play tennis and bowl with kids with grandkids, golf with spouse and even play by myself. My daughter bought me the wii for my birthday and said something about me needing more exercise, boy was she right! I exercise everyday with the wii sports and don't even realize that I am exercising. After 4 back surgeries I thought I was done with bowling, but then along came the wii. I can now play tennis and bowl with kids with grandkids, golf with spouse and even play by myself. My daughter bought me the wii for my birthday and said something about me needing more exercise, boy was she right! I exercise everyday with the wii sports and don't even realize that I am exercising. I strongly recommend the wii sports and not just because it is included in the purchase of the wii system. Expand
  96. RyanB
    Apr 28, 2008
    This is an excellent game for those who are more casual gamers and want something to pick up and play. It is also very family friendly and the whole family will have a bunch of fun playing this.
  97. JackH.
    May 24, 2008
    I must admit, the bowling is fun, but I mean, come on! Only 5 sports? I suppose that's the best you can get with a game that came with the console. Tennis is sort of fun, baseball wears my arms out, golf is alright (I guess), and boxing is a bit short in my opinion. This could have been a great game if only it had some more content.
  98. RalphH
    Apr 13, 2009
    This is the only Wii game that really uses the capabilities of the controller to the max. You can put spin on shots in tennis, affect the speed, direction, and spin of bowling shots, crank home runs in baseball, and throw various punches in boxing, all with amazing accuracy. The Wii's success is because of this game. It is simple and fun, but still recreates the true physics of This is the only Wii game that really uses the capabilities of the controller to the max. You can put spin on shots in tennis, affect the speed, direction, and spin of bowling shots, crank home runs in baseball, and throw various punches in boxing, all with amazing accuracy. The Wii's success is because of this game. It is simple and fun, but still recreates the true physics of playing these sports. No other game I have played for the Wii uses the Wii controller as accurately as Wii sports. Expand
  99. TitaniumDragon
    May 19, 2009
    The only Wii game to use the wiimote properly, this game is fun, if a bit limited. Really, there are five games on it - boxing, tennis, baseball, bowling, and golf - but only two of them (bowling and golf) are not against the computer (so to speak). Boxing, tennis, and baseball are all enjoyable in the short term, but they really pale after playing them for a while - you're playingThe only Wii game to use the wiimote properly, this game is fun, if a bit limited. Really, there are five games on it - boxing, tennis, baseball, bowling, and golf - but only two of them (bowling and golf) are not against the computer (so to speak). Boxing, tennis, and baseball are all enjoyable in the short term, but they really pale after playing them for a while - you're playing against AI, and they just aren't all that fun of games. Boxing would be fun if it was more Punch Out!!!, but it isn't.

That leaves bowling and golf. Bowling is enjoyable, but repetitive; it gets boring after a while. Thus Golf is the real reason for this game, and it is really fun. There are only nine holes (sadly), but they're enjoyable and its a great game to play with some friends. Despite saying it is one player, it is up to four players, just not simultaneously (obviously). If they released a game which was JUST golf, but had, say, 72 holes on it, I'd buy it, and it'd be worth every penny. Wii Golf is fun, and the saving grace of this title.

Your non-gamer friends will be dazzled by the immediately intuitive controls and the imported Miis. But the title sacrifices incredible depth and visuals for an immediately accessible experience.
    The bottom line, really, is that Wii Sports, as a multiplayer game, is downright fun. Whether your thing is tennis, baseball, golf, bowling or boxing, you’re bound to be smiling - at least for a few seconds - while playing Wii Sports.
  3. For the hardcore there’s not much here that you’ll be playing for more than an hour other than the training mode which gives you a lot of challenges but ultimately falls flat.