8.0

1. Feb 13, 2011
    Don't let the fact that this game comes with the Wii fool you it's one of it's best games, the graphics are great, the controls are great, and the sound is ok, and the controls are great, my only complaints are the sound and that it doesn't have that many games, but the amount of times you'll want to replay it easily makes up for it, it's a highly enjoyable experience for gamers of all ages.
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    "Wii Sports" is decent at it's best. All of the sports might help you to understand basic knowledge of sports such as tennis or basketball, but that's how far this game can take you.
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    There are 5 sports: Bowling, Baseball, Boxing, Tennis, and Golf. All of them are pretty fun but the sport that was the best was the bowling. It is the best game to be bundled with a game console at launch.
  4. Jul 25, 2016
    This game showed us what the Wii was all about and it showed it well. It is nostalgic and very fun. And I THINK it was the first game to use wiis as playable characters in a game. This game did a lot too.
  5. Mar 22, 2011
    pretty much looking at this as a free game and a game that is made to showcase the wiimote it does a fairly good job . you get 5 games on it . bowling, tennis , golf , baseball , and boxing . now the bowling and golf are pretty solid and work well with the wiimote . the tennis and boxing are a joke and the baseball game is ok although its only 3 innings and not 9 with no option to set itpretty much looking at this as a free game and a game that is made to showcase the wiimote it does a fairly good job . you get 5 games on it . bowling, tennis , golf , baseball , and boxing . now the bowling and golf are pretty solid and work well with the wiimote . the tennis and boxing are a joke and the baseball game is ok although its only 3 innings and not 9 with no option to set it the way you would like too and no control on any thing but the pitching and hitting . if you are mainly a solo gamer this will not provide you with to much fun as playing this by yourself gets old fast but playing with a group of people makes it much more entertaining . its a good party game and does a ok job of showing off what the wiimote can do. Expand
  6. Aug 22, 2011
    A family based game, or party game since is free it will be played a ton of time when you get a visit, goof around with your friends, and simply yourself alone hidden in your room. So nothing more i can say because it's free. So do whatever you please with it.
  7. Dec 20, 2016
    When you try it for the first time it has awesome sensations and funny moments, but when it's already done it and it has passed like almost a year, you will think that it's time...
  8. Jul 23, 2013
    It has limited games, but "Wii Sports" is fun despite its limits. With fun sport games along side it, "Wii Sports" is nice to play and free with the Wii!
  9. Mar 6, 2015
    This is a great game but Resort is MUCH BETTER!! Golf had a little lag here, but fixed in Resort. Bowling is my favourite. The sports are fun, baseball is fun! I got Out of the Park twice in my life playing Wii Sports. The training mode is very fun and on the last round of "100 pin bowling" there is a trick on the final round. Find it out yourself. You'll be surprised.
  10. Oct 31, 2012
    If you want a game that everyone in your family will know how to play to waste some time at Christmas, I would 100% recommend this game. To anyone who wants a simple party game for some fun, could do better but its still fun. Anyone who wants a proper sports game, don't use this. And anyone who wants a fun one player game, try balancing a potato on your head for hour. It's just as good.
  11. Oct 21, 2013
    Its fun and its addicting at times but after a month it gets old, since there are only five sports and only three are fun which are tennis, baseball, and golf. Boxing is okay but I didn't like baseball but overall its a good family game and does a decent job showing what the Wii can do.
  12. Feb 4, 2015
    A surprisingly functional game that uses "motion controls" to control the game. It is really fun, especially with family and friends. Where Wii Sport's downfall comes is the shortage of games to play. Overall, great game. 8/10 (Great)
  13. Nov 14, 2012
    Wii Sports is very genuine fun. Of course the sports are no where near as fleshed-out as they are in real life, but it is neat to be able to play as the "Mii" characters you have created.
  14. Jun 10, 2014
    Uno de los juegos que más ha cerrado la brecha digital y de los preferidos para usar en familia. Sin él la Wii no habría tenido el impacto que tuvo. Sin duda uno de los videojuegos más importantes y más ninguneado.
  15. Apr 1, 2014
    Wii Sports is overall good, but it's really not my type of game and it's not just because I'm not a big sports fan. Overall I do think this is a fun multiplayer game, I do like playing Tennis, Baseball and Bowling however I wasn't crazy about Golf or Boxing. There were also side versions of each games but I didn't really find too much greatness in them, I think some of them may have justWii Sports is overall good, but it's really not my type of game and it's not just because I'm not a big sports fan. Overall I do think this is a fun multiplayer game, I do like playing Tennis, Baseball and Bowling however I wasn't crazy about Golf or Boxing. There were also side versions of each games but I didn't really find too much greatness in them, I think some of them may have just been there to help players be healthy. Overall I guess Wii Sports is a good game for the pack-in title it was, but since later Wii boxes now also include Wii Sports Resort as well, I guess it probably makes it's "special-ness" go down a bit; I'm sure once I get a Wii U that I will find Nintendo Land to be a lot Superior as a pack in title, but for now, Wii Sports is an okay game, just pretty boring overall. I will give Wii Sports credit though, the game was actually good though and usually I think sports game suck mainly because of how repetitive each new entry can be in a sports game series (I'm talking about you Madden). Expand
  16. Feb 22, 2015
    This and Wii Play are great tech demos for the Wii. The graphics are great for Wii. The controls are good. The sports are fun. The training mode is fun. Wii Sports is a good game to be introduced to the Wii and I bet every Wii owner has this game.
  17. Feb 3, 2014
    in honor of wii sports club for wii u im giving my option on wii sports for wii
    wii sports is fun to play i can;t say anything wrong with the lo co multplayer of the title
    i enjoyed the baseball of out of all them, and a true classic game for 7 years
  18. Jul 24, 2013
    Wii Sports shows off the potential of the wii remote. It's a compilation of five sports, each showcasing what the wiimote has to offer. You use your miis in each of these. The first is bowling- swinging the remote as if you were playing it in real life. This is always responsive, and something anyone can dip into. For that reason, bowling is in my opinion the best game in Wii Sports. NextWii Sports shows off the potential of the wii remote. It's a compilation of five sports, each showcasing what the wiimote has to offer. You use your miis in each of these. The first is bowling- swinging the remote as if you were playing it in real life. This is always responsive, and something anyone can dip into. For that reason, bowling is in my opinion the best game in Wii Sports. Next is tennis. This should be amazing but instead, it's just shaking the wiimote at the right time. It doesn't matter how you swing or shake it- the way it aims is due to your timing. Still, this is a great game, though matches are too short, even at the highest settings. There's a baseball game, which responds accurately to how you hold and swing the wiimote. In the same way, when bowling, the controls are fast and responsive. Depending on how you swing, you can put a spin on the ball. Golf and boxing is where it all goes haywire. Golf works how you'd imagine, with the wiimote being the golf club. The controls respond well when hitting the ball long distance. But when you're close to the hole, on the fairway, the wii remote's sensing can't pick up gentle hits. So you're forced to hit the ball harder, and then it zips over the hole. Golf is more frustrating than it is fun. Boxing, meanwhile, responds accurately- just a second after you do something. This lag stops it from being enjoyable. As well as these sports, there are training minigames for each of them, which adds to the fun, plus improves your skill. There is also a fitness test which is useless as it tells you nothing about your fitness. The better you become at sports, the higher your 'level' becomes. At 1000, you become 'pro level'. And that's far from easy to do. Wii Sports is the first game to get for your wii simply because it showcases what that remote can do. But bad boxing and golf bring it down. Expand
  19. Apr 10, 2017
    As kids, we took this for granted. Now that I am later in life, I can appreciate this piece of art alongside my friends. Wii Sports didn't just showcase the Wii Remote capabilities, it showcased the meaning of life. Thank you Nintendo for gracing us with this modern masterpiece.
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    Fantastic game to be included in most starter packs in Wii. However, now being 2011, we should expect better games. This was an innovated game in 2006, when the Wii was first released.
  21. Jul 16, 2012
    Wii Sports is clearly a technology demonstration of what the Nintendo Wii had to offer. It came free with the Nintendo Wii so they obviously wanted to state something. Looking on the positive side, it is an excellent choice for a party game and should be played with more than one person. It could easily be a replacement for a board game on game night with your family. Basically, it was funWii Sports is clearly a technology demonstration of what the Nintendo Wii had to offer. It came free with the Nintendo Wii so they obviously wanted to state something. Looking on the positive side, it is an excellent choice for a party game and should be played with more than one person. It could easily be a replacement for a board game on game night with your family. Basically, it was fun with friends while it lasted. Now, we look at the negative side. The biggest problem is the fact that you are made fully aware you are playing a video game, as opposed to an actual sport. For example, in tennis, you frequently miss balls that got past you because the computer didn't move you fast enough across the court. My sister and I found a what we call "cheat spot" in tennis where when you get served on the right side of the court, if you aim for the far left side the other player cannot reach the ball in time. What a flaw! Couldn't they just let you be able to override your character's movement with the D-pad? Furthermore, every game is based solely on timing and placement and not on any type of physics. It feels broken and unresponsive. The best sports being tennis, bowling, and baseball (in that order); and the worst being golf and boxing (in that order). The best of sports are that way because they at least feel slightly more real than the worst of sports. Also, playing for a while can make your hands sweat. Sweaty hands equal slippage of the Wii remote. That can obviously equal broken plasmas (trust me, just Google "wii remote tv damage"). This happens often in tennis and baseball. I was lucky I missed my flat screen and created a crater in the wall to the side of it, instead. It is not totally the game's fault, I am just warning you. Although, there was always the option of wearing the handcuff of the awkward wriststrap they give you. Overall, great multiplayer party game, but horrible single player because of unrealistic, repetitive gameplay and controls that respond whenever; but, hey, it was free. So, I paid what it was worth. Expand
  22. Jan 21, 2012
    Except for that it is free, there isn't really anything great about this game. Its a tech demo, because there isn't really that fun, nor is there much content. The controls are awkward,slow and imprecise and none of the minigames emphasizes on skill at all (the controls aren't exact enough for skill to play a role anyhow). Overall, this is a real dumb game.
  23. Feb 19, 2016
    o jogo wii sports, foi um jogo totalmente inovador pra industria de consoles, ele é o jogo que reúne a família e os amigos pra jogar. tem 5 esportes divertidos e com uma ótima jogabilidade. porém, a Nintendo deu ruim em algumas coisas. 1 - não da pra jogar online. eu gosto muito de jogar online, o wii sports ficaria show, mas, não sei o que deu na cabeça da Nintendo em criar um jogo emo jogo wii sports, foi um jogo totalmente inovador pra industria de consoles, ele é o jogo que reúne a família e os amigos pra jogar. tem 5 esportes divertidos e com uma ótima jogabilidade. porém, a Nintendo deu ruim em algumas coisas. 1 - não da pra jogar online. eu gosto muito de jogar online, o wii sports ficaria show, mas, não sei o que deu na cabeça da Nintendo em criar um jogo em pleno 2006 pra 7 geração de consoles, e não colocar um modo online. 2 - bonecos mal feitos. os personagens no wii sports, além de ter uma cabeça em forma de balão, eles não tem braços, po Nintendo. Expand
  24. Feb 12, 2015
    Wii Sports is one of my favourite sports games of all time. The graphics and characters look awesome. The only bad thing about it are the controls. They are good but can get really touchy. You need a lot of practise to master this challenging game.
  25. Mar 17, 2017
    Some fun games in a package... sadly these games are fun for like.. 5 minutes.
    After that, it is boring.
    At least it came free with the Wii.
    Highlight game may be tennis, while the worst may be fighting or bowling
  26. Nov 25, 2011
    This game has a lot of fun in it, which might last a while. The game not only has the 5 sports in it, but it also has training mini-games, like hitting targets and landing golf balls on bull's eyes. The only complaint I have about this game is the baseball portion. The baseball wasn't really that fun, and the mini games weren't either. The 8 I gave this is because each game is worth 2This game has a lot of fun in it, which might last a while. The game not only has the 5 sports in it, but it also has training mini-games, like hitting targets and landing golf balls on bull's eyes. The only complaint I have about this game is the baseball portion. The baseball wasn't really that fun, and the mini games weren't either. The 8 I gave this is because each game is worth 2 points, and I'm not giving baseball any. Expand
  27. Jul 19, 2017
    Un juego simple que salió con la wii. Viene muy bien para sacar a relucir las habilidades del wii-mote, y te puedes entretener y pasartelo bien con tus amigos.
  28. Dec 25, 2011
    Very enjoyable game included with the Wii purchase. Play the computer or a friend and you will soon find yourself feeling like you are right there within the game playing Tennis, hitting a Baseball, punching your opponent in Boxing and Bowling for that elusive 300.
  29. Jul 30, 2014
    A good launch title that helps you understand the basics of the motion control technology.

You can sum this game in just that sentence. It is simple and fun. But that doesn't change the fact that it's good. But I wished of a few more minigames

P.S That does come with a far more better wii game in fact

#2 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#2 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

Your non-gamer friends will be dazzled by the immediately intuitive controls and the imported Miis. But the title sacrifices incredible depth and visuals for an immediately accessible experience.
    The bottom line, really, is that Wii Sports, as a multiplayer game, is downright fun. Whether your thing is tennis, baseball, golf, bowling or boxing, you’re bound to be smiling - at least for a few seconds - while playing Wii Sports.
  3. For the hardcore there’s not much here that you’ll be playing for more than an hour other than the training mode which gives you a lot of challenges but ultimately falls flat.