Wii Sports Wii

8.0

1. JonS.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Fun for hours, controls work perfectly, there are secrets to be unlocked, you can spend hours trying to break your records on training games, and anyone can play it, 10 w/o a doubt
  2. NivsK.
    Aug 10, 2007
    Love the tennis & baseball here ... its like playing the real game .. whoever dislikes this will ONLY be a sport-hater... i love sports & there's nothing like beatinga friend or even better the other players with high scores ! exhausting & great cardio !!
  3. GeoffL.
    Dec 27, 2006
    I played this game with my cousin, and it RULES! I think it's awesome how it comes with the console, and the idea is simple. It tells you how to play even! Using your own Mii is prettyfun too. 10/10
  4. BenihanaB.
    Dec 25, 2007
    Remeber how much fun Super Mario Bros. was for the classic NES? This game included with the wii system is great! Teaches you all the basic needs controls you might need for the inovative game system. Even better it is a party game where we can all get together and play. Okay, maybe it does not deserve a perfect ten, since the graphics are horrible, but hey, This is the original Wii game!!!!!!
  5. JakeK.
    Jan 23, 2007
    Great fun for everyone, not just habitual gamers.
  6. JoyK.
    Jun 22, 2007
    My daughter and son-in-law bought this game for their children. My husband and I went out and bought one too. We love it! It is a great way to get a little exercise and to have something else to do in the evening rather than watch TV. We live in Arizona and it is too hot outside for the children to play, so this game helps keep them active. The children can call us on the phone and ask us My daughter and son-in-law bought this game for their children. My husband and I went out and bought one too. We love it! It is a great way to get a little exercise and to have something else to do in the evening rather than watch TV. We live in Arizona and it is too hot outside for the children to play, so this game helps keep them active. The children can call us on the phone and ask us to play a game with them...and we can actually play from different houses. We have not tried that yet, but my son-in-law is hooking up the wireless this weekend so we can. Imagine bowling with the kids in the evenings...what fun! This is another great way to enjoy the grandkids. The remote works great with the game. Even my mother-in-law can play when she comes...it is that well suited for all ages. This is the best innovation that has come out in years. I hope they continue to add games that use the wiimote like this game uses it...and that help get us all off the couch. Love it, love it, love it. Way to go...keep designing games that are similar. I love the tennis and the bowling the best...I am not very good yet at baseball...but with a little practice...I bet I can do that too. From ages 5 to 75...this is a great system. Expand
  7. BlakeR.
    Jan 11, 2008
    This game should be updated soon it should start to get boring after a while apart from that its ledge
    Nov 13, 2006
    Very simple but still great fun. The tennis game in particular is awesome and no, you don't need to swing your arms about too much!
  9. FrederikMeringen
    Dec 9, 2006
    great game
  10. PhillipV.
    Jan 25, 2007
    It is much better than some of the ratings tell you. Its inovative, fun, addictive and did I mention fun? But whats even better, is that its free. Nintendo could easily charge you 50$ for this game.
  11. Sandtifica
    Mar 11, 2007
    This game may be one of the best thing to happen to gaming in a long time. Family's are playing together and not just the kids. Because most people know the rules of these simple sports games any one can pick it up and see what the Wii can do. My 63 year old dad bought one and now him and all the grand kids are connecting in a hole new way. For a free game that comes with the system This game may be one of the best thing to happen to gaming in a long time. Family's are playing together and not just the kids. Because most people know the rules of these simple sports games any one can pick it up and see what the Wii can do. My 63 year old dad bought one and now him and all the grand kids are connecting in a hole new way. For a free game that comes with the system its just what was needed to get parents of the backs of there children for playing to many video games. Expand
  12. xxhopingtearsxx
    Apr 29, 2007
    I absolutely love this game. It gives me exercise.. in my house!
  13. JonnyL.
    Jun 3, 2007
    This was all around awesome games the wii's are cool and the games are fun. I really want to try 2 player boxing cuz the guys you face in 1 player are so computer generated.
  14. AlejandroR.
    Jun 5, 2007
    The first good thing about this game is the price. This is the cheapest price you can pay for anything, "Free." Next is the gameplay. This game is very fun for anyone, whether they are old or young, tall or short, or a video game player or not. This game also shows all the unique movements and abilities of the Wii Remote. You see how the game swings with golf, baseball, and tennis. You The first good thing about this game is the price. This is the cheapest price you can pay for anything, "Free." Next is the gameplay. This game is very fun for anyone, whether they are old or young, tall or short, or a video game player or not. This game also shows all the unique movements and abilities of the Wii Remote. You see how the game swings with golf, baseball, and tennis. You get to see how you can tilt the control and make the bowling ball curve in the game. You also get to test out the nunjucks in the boxing. The fitness test had me playing this game at least once a day so that I can get a fitness score for the day. This game is fun and never gets old. Expand
  15. GuidoE.
    Jun 8, 2007
    Revolutionary. My prediction: this game will stand in history as the most influential game of the current console generation.
  16. KeiranR.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Sheer excellence for a free game. great use of the wii remote and hours of fun in all honesty.
  17. ZH
    Jan 24, 2007
    Most addictive game ever. Great multiplayer.
  18. Dude
    Jan 29, 2007
    Man, I think the critics all really missed the boat with this one. This game is so much fun, and we've been playing it for over a month straight. No, you're not getting a super deep version of any of the five games, but what you're getting is five different games, with several different mini-game modes each, that are all really fun to play, especially with another person. I Man, I think the critics all really missed the boat with this one. This game is so much fun, and we've been playing it for over a month straight. No, you're not getting a super deep version of any of the five games, but what you're getting is five different games, with several different mini-game modes each, that are all really fun to play, especially with another person. I have gotten so many people to try this game who don't even like video games, and every one of them found something to love out of the different game options. People who have never even considered owning a video game console tell me they want a Wii now after trying it. My girlfriend and I(and she barely even likes video games normally)play together every day. No, you're not getting super deep versions of the games or fancy long single player modes, but I can't imagine why anyone would expect that when it was never advertised as that. It is meant to be a game that you can pop on with anyone and both have a blast. And as far as replay value, I don't know that we'll be playing it forever, but we've played it for a month and a half straight, and that right there is pretty darned good I'd say. You can't grade this thing on the same scale as normal games, because it's something new. And it's just plain fun. Expand
  19. GideonD.
    Feb 11, 2008
    This is a fantastic example of how the motion-sensing can make for engaging multi-player action only to be found on the Wii, The music is relaxing and even though the graphics may not be hi-res, they make for a fun, quirky atmosphere and what's more, have character. Having so many games here is another plus, including the sometimes insane 'practice modes'. As for the This is a fantastic example of how the motion-sensing can make for engaging multi-player action only to be found on the Wii, The music is relaxing and even though the graphics may not be hi-res, they make for a fun, quirky atmosphere and what's more, have character. Having so many games here is another plus, including the sometimes insane 'practice modes'. As for the lukewarm scores from mag reviewers- what other comparable games are they thinking of that non-gamers and gamers alike can so easily get into and create a party atmosphere with? This game is what made the Wii a success story and it will go down, in history as one of the most successful pieces of home entertainment made. Now how about Wii Sports 2? Expand
  20. GoonerGooner
    Feb 22, 2008
    Great game, didn't need to buy another one for 2 months! Bowling was easy, I was pro within the first hour. Tennis and Baseball and Boxing are all great, although Baseball can be a bit unfair at times. Golf surprised me as it was alright, not great but alright. Overall a great, great game!
  21. HennyE
    Apr 11, 2008
    After 4 back surgeries I thought I was done with bowling, but then along came the wii. I can now play tennis and bowl with kids with grandkids, golf with spouse and even play by myself. My daughter bought me the wii for my birthday and said something about me needing more exercise, boy was she right! I exercise everyday with the wii sports and don't even realize that I am exercising. After 4 back surgeries I thought I was done with bowling, but then along came the wii. I can now play tennis and bowl with kids with grandkids, golf with spouse and even play by myself. My daughter bought me the wii for my birthday and said something about me needing more exercise, boy was she right! I exercise everyday with the wii sports and don't even realize that I am exercising. I strongly recommend the wii sports and not just because it is included in the purchase of the wii system. Expand
  22. RalphH
    Apr 13, 2009
    This is the only Wii game that really uses the capabilities of the controller to the max. You can put spin on shots in tennis, affect the speed, direction, and spin of bowling shots, crank home runs in baseball, and throw various punches in boxing, all with amazing accuracy. The Wii's success is because of this game. It is simple and fun, but still recreates the true physics of This is the only Wii game that really uses the capabilities of the controller to the max. You can put spin on shots in tennis, affect the speed, direction, and spin of bowling shots, crank home runs in baseball, and throw various punches in boxing, all with amazing accuracy. The Wii's success is because of this game. It is simple and fun, but still recreates the true physics of playing these sports. No other game I have played for the Wii uses the Wii controller as accurately as Wii sports. Expand
  23. EvanB.
    Nov 29, 2006
    Wii Sports is a perfect introduction to the next generation of gaming! If you are new to gaming or are a long time gamer, you owe it to yourself to go out and get yourself a Nintendo Wii with this FREE pack-in game!
  24. BenC.
    Dec 12, 2006
    I've had more fun with this game than any other in a long time. The graphics are cheesy, and it has shortcomings like only one 9 hole golf course, but I've been able to play it with dozens of family members and friends who haven't played video games in years, or who never enjoyed them in the first place. I've never had requests to bring console games with me to friends I've had more fun with this game than any other in a long time. The graphics are cheesy, and it has shortcomings like only one 9 hole golf course, but I've been able to play it with dozens of family members and friends who haven't played video games in years, or who never enjoyed them in the first place. I've never had requests to bring console games with me to friends houses until Wii Sports, but my Wii has game nights at three different houses now. And good luck finding another game that makes your stomach sore from laughing and your muscles sore from moving. Expand
  25. Aug 23, 2010
    I love this game and the best part is that it came with the wii. Wii sports is by far one of the most succsesful games for the wii because other systems continue to copy it. The sequel was not as good as the first one and for some reason they fudged up golfing. Great game! I give it 8.5
  26. Nov 15, 2011
    Fantastic game to be included in most starter packs in Wii. However, now being 2011, we should expect better games. This was an innovated game in 2006, when the Wii was first released.
  27. Jun 11, 2013
    Is good play WII sport games is help you to understand basic knowledge of sports such a tennis or bowling
    also you can play a golf games is also is exercise games.
  28. Apr 10, 2017
    As kids, we took this for granted. Now that I am later in life, I can appreciate this piece of art alongside my friends. Wii Sports didn't just showcase the Wii Remote capabilities, it showcased the meaning of life. Thank you Nintendo for gracing us with this modern masterpiece.
  29. Mar 31, 2014
    Brilliant family game and is very addicting, however I feel they should have included more sports to play. Thankfully they do that in Wii Sports Resort.

#2 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#2 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

Your non-gamer friends will be dazzled by the immediately intuitive controls and the imported Miis. But the title sacrifices incredible depth and visuals for an immediately accessible experience.
    The bottom line, really, is that Wii Sports, as a multiplayer game, is downright fun. Whether your thing is tennis, baseball, golf, bowling or boxing, you’re bound to be smiling - at least for a few seconds - while playing Wii Sports.
  3. For the hardcore there’s not much here that you’ll be playing for more than an hour other than the training mode which gives you a lot of challenges but ultimately falls flat.