6.6

1. Apr 6, 2011
    I suppose this isn't that bad, it could be a hell of a lot worst but its positive from me! The fact that you can use the legends against each is pretty cool so, ok
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its not the best wrestling game in the world, real moves can be found at "SD vs RAW" but not here. Here its like "Legends of Wrestling" on Gamecube but little bit over the edge. Its still a lot of fun and you can choose from many Hall of Famers and the WWE roster. If you are a wrestling fan, take a look at it. The only problem that THQ did to much moves on any button, so that sometimes your wrestler is doing the wrong thing. Expand
  3. Jun 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Admittedly, I was really looking forward to this game. Being a fan of classic wrestling characters, I couldn't wait to get throw somebody in the Sharpshooter, give someone that sweet chin music, or land a text-book flying elbow (RIP Macho). I had fun initially, but the game gets old, QUICK. Once you've run through the classic match-ups to unlock all the necessary characters, run them through the battery of an enjoyable by ultimately lackluster Path of Champions mode (awesome, a secondary outfit), there's not a lot left to do.

My biggest qualm with the entire game is the horrendous Create-A-Wrestler ability. THQ has always been great at giving people a plethora of options when doing a CaW, but this is just pointless. Why would I take the time to make someone, say Kurt Angle, and just give him another already made players moves? Anyone with any knowledge of wrestlers and their individual styles is going to probably be pretty bummed about this. Granted, I haven't played a wrestling game since I lost interest in wrestling around the time Smackdown: Bring the Pain came out (another THQ title), but even back on the classic N64 wrestling canon you had SO.MANY.OPTIONS. Even if a wrestler wasn't on the game, you had the ability to tailor-make that wrestler and be completely specific with each grapple, finisher, mannerism, etc.

So fun, Yes. Initially. But re-playability has always been key for me in wrestling games. This has nearly none of that. It's a shame too, because there are a lot of great legends and a stable of new guys (of whom I have no idea who they are) that could really benefit a player's imagination if given the opportunity, rather than existing in a controlled environment such as this.
  4. Nov 28, 2011
    Cool looking game. Thats where the positives end. Very limited create a player mode, very limited game modes, controls and it just too easy to spend your money on, unless your renting and have a few hours to beat a wrestling game that could have been much cooler.

1. Aug 22, 2011
    Overall, the game is a bit above average. If you love the license, you'll have fun and you'll forgive some of the issues. If you can't wait to be The Undertaker, or Randy Savage or even Jake the Snake then this game will leave you howling in (and out) of the ring.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Presentation troubles can usually be ignored if the gameplay is there, but unfortunately presentation is a big part of what WWE All Stars was supposed to be all about - over the top, arcade gameplay. Without the visual effects of its HD brothers, and with poor sound effects that do nothing to emphasise the action, WWE All Stars Wii feels like a shell of what it should be despite an array of interesting story modes and a wide-appealing roster.
  3. Apr 25, 2011
    If you are looking for a new wrestling game you'd be better off looking for SD vs Raw 2011 or wait for the inevitable SD vs Raw 2012 at the end of the year.