Xenoblade Chronicles Wii

8.9

1. Nov 22, 2011
    A fantastic game. The environments are stunning even though the graphics are pretty awful even for Wii. The gameplay is interesting and will keep you occupied for a long time in its length.
  2. Oct 11, 2011
    An amazing technical and creative achievement for the Wii. This game will blow your mind with its grand scale. Easily a candidate for one of the best JRPGs of all time! This game deserves an award for the music alone. Huge levels, interesting characters, over 450 quests, and at least 60+ hours of main story gameplay packed in this sucker.
  3. Oct 31, 2011
    Easily the best JRPG of this gen. The game shines by its great story, rhythm and huge content. The gameplay is deep and really different with each character, so if you get tired of it mid-game, you just have to change your team to try something different. The best thing in the game is probably how hassle free the progression is, so you get 80+ hours of game, not 80 hours of leveling and wandering.
  4. Oct 24, 2011
    Awesome game and I hope the US get this game. Have not finished it yet but I see that there are many hours ahead of me with this game!!! RPG mechanics are awesome and story is pretty good so far. Tons of sidequests as well.
  5. Apr 15, 2012
    This is exactly what the genre needed. It toes the line between being respectful to the conventions of the genre, whilst tweaking said conventions to create a game which feels undeniably modern. From an engaging plot with a unique setting (the corpses of two titans!) to the exciting battle mechanics which combine real-time combat and turn-based strategy... Xenoblade is a blast to play.This is exactly what the genre needed. It toes the line between being respectful to the conventions of the genre, whilst tweaking said conventions to create a game which feels undeniably modern. From an engaging plot with a unique setting (the corpses of two titans!) to the exciting battle mechanics which combine real-time combat and turn-based strategy... Xenoblade is a blast to play. About the only knock on this game is the technical aspects of the visuals. Limited by the Wii's horsepower, this is to be expected. Thankfully, inspired art direction serves to mask these flaws. If you own a Wii... you need to play Xenoblade Chronicles. Expand
  6. Jul 4, 2012
    This game is ridiculously magnetic, and unlike many jrpgs has left me craving for more. From the sprawling locales, the beautiful skylines, and the amazing soundtrack to the wonderful gameplay and accessibility, this game is stunning. However it's not without its faults, including bad lip sync and repetitive questing. Don't let those deter your decision to buy this game, since that wouldThis game is ridiculously magnetic, and unlike many jrpgs has left me craving for more. From the sprawling locales, the beautiful skylines, and the amazing soundtrack to the wonderful gameplay and accessibility, this game is stunning. However it's not without its faults, including bad lip sync and repetitive questing. Don't let those deter your decision to buy this game, since that would be a bad mistake. Expand
  7. Oct 26, 2013
    I have played so many Rpgs in this 7th generation era but I will have to say one thing that this game is certainly one of my top 5 game and 3rd best Jrpg after Ninokuni and The last story.

Story: Story and character is just to fantastic for any game..I cared about main character and his Band of mercenaries.Characters have deep emotional touch with beautiful stories and the main protagonist is one of the best i the RPG genere.

Graphics: Even though frame rate issue was there i was always wondering how did the old Wii manage to produce such a beautiful game.

Gameplay: Just 10 out of 10. Blend of RPG strategy and action
  8. Apr 4, 2014
    9.7/10

Pros epic story, creative art direction, awesome voice acting, wondeful music, likeable characters, beautiful environments (especially the final few), 50+ hours of main quest, well-implemented and unique innovations Cons Wii graphics (this is a big turn off until you get used to them after which you stop grimacing so be prepared for this), a few rare stretches of slowness in
    9.7/10

Pros

Cons
    Wii graphics (this is a big turn off until you get used to them after which you stop grimacing so be prepared for this), a few rare stretches of slowness in the pacing (part of this is due to the phenomenal length of the game so this is to be expected)

Definitely one of the best RPGs I've ever played and I've played more than a few. If you have any liking for RPGs, do yourself a favor and try this game. Looking forward to the next one.
  9. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. The individuals who worked together to create this game must have poured everything they could have into it. Xenoblade is easily the best game on Wii and one of the greatest games of all time. Packaged with an engrossing story, breathtaking environments and a truly memorable soundtrack Xenoblade Chronicles stands among the hierarchy of JRPG's.
  10. May 14, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing. The story is engaging, the voice acting is top notch, there a million sidequests and the battle system is unique. I love this game and this will be my summer.
  11. May 23, 2012
    after much time and consideration, i am going to say this has to be one of my favorite games. for the first 100 hours, but since i like to 100 percent everything not gonna lie a few things are a real pain in the ass about this game. BUT if you are not going for 100 percent i promise this game will satisfy you in every way, its completely epic the way they did this game. with the story whenafter much time and consideration, i am going to say this has to be one of my favorite games. for the first 100 hours, but since i like to 100 percent everything not gonna lie a few things are a real pain in the ass about this game. BUT if you are not going for 100 percent i promise this game will satisfy you in every way, its completely epic the way they did this game. with the story when you think you understand it, it smacks you in the face, with a curve ball. great story, epic way of playing, simply amazing. i have recommended this game to all who i know play games. Expand
  12. Jun 25, 2012
    Graphically, the game looks terrible. Otherwise, there is a LOT to love here, so be sure to check this game out if you are looking for a great RPG experience.
  13. Feb 26, 2013
    Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Monolith Soft created a wonderful gameplay environment that is one of the best I've ever experienced. The story was good but not great but when added to the wonderful gameplay, massive environments, fun characters and interesting settings of the game it definitely deserves a 10/10.
  14. May 9, 2012
    Xenoblade is THE best JRPG of this generation. Jam packed of content, you are looking at 80+ hours of gameplay, assuming you are only doing the main story. The visuals are good, though some of the animations are a bit awkward. The music is absolutely fantastic; one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. The gameplay is solid and the combat system is addicting.
  15. Jun 8, 2012
    This is one of the best games of the 2010's so far. Its advanced combat system, gameplay, music, story, visuals, and sidequests can keep you entertained for 100+ hours. Its the best wii game available.
  16. Apr 20, 2013
    Instantly one of my favorite JRPG's of all time. Tons of content, side quests, and a long main campaign. Fast paced action-oriented battle system. Excellent character development. This is the first JRPG I've played in years that I just couldn't put down...and I've already sunk in over 60 hours into the game.
  17. Jun 11, 2012
    This game so far is my absolute favorite game within the past 2 years (it's been nearly 2 years since I've been really back into gaming). Xenoblade: Chronicles truly embodies what a JRPG should be and simply what games used to be and should still be. Yes it is on the Wii and may not be in HD, but the amount of love and detail put into the game is stunning and at times made me think I wasThis game so far is my absolute favorite game within the past 2 years (it's been nearly 2 years since I've been really back into gaming). Xenoblade: Chronicles truly embodies what a JRPG should be and simply what games used to be and should still be. Yes it is on the Wii and may not be in HD, but the amount of love and detail put into the game is stunning and at times made me think I was playing an HD game. The music is one of my favorites and this is a genre that always excels in having beautiful and memorable music and Xenoblade has what I believe to be the best soundtrack I've heard so far. The battle system is addictive and just makes you want to seek out every enemy you can find and slaughter them and since it is a cool down based system and your characters autoheal, you never have to worry about returning to a save point or back tracking to the town before to recover. The story (while some reviewers have said was cliche) I found to be very original, especially the setting, and filled with twists that I really didn't expect. In the end, I spent nearly 100 hours on the first play through and I didn't even finish a good deal of quests and side stories so I know if I went ahead and did all that, I could've added another 30 hours to the game. If you have a Wii, get this game, if you don't, find a friend with a Wii, borrow it and play this game. Expand
  18. Sep 18, 2012
    Best JRPG ever? That may not even be overrating, Xenoblade is the best game in 2012 so far, AINEC, AND it could be one of the top games on the Wii and Ever. There's a lot of content here, with a fantastic storyline, the best rpg battle system ever, and drop dead gorgeous cutscenes. This is a must own for Wii owners and rpg fans.
  19. Jun 5, 2012
    One of the best games in years. Gameplay system and story as well as character design go hand in hand building up an enourmously interesting universe and experience. People loving well worked out, intense and atmospheric titles like Secret of Mana, Lufia, Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, FF Series etc will just be thrilled. Has marched up into my "best games ever" list easily.
  20. Jun 22, 2012
    This game is epic! One of the best role-players of all time. If you like Japanese role-playing games and own a Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles is the game you
  21. Jul 31, 2012
    This game was definitely the best Wii game I've ever played. For me it was the best game of 2011 too. It might be the best game of all times! An Japanese RPG this far evolved with such a great story, characters, battle mechanism, graphics (for Wii users), soundtracks and voice-acting.
  22. Aug 17, 2012
    Playing this game is an amazing experience to me. Granted, this game, like almost other games to date, cannot satisfy everyone's taste. For those who take a lot consideration on graphical aspect of the game, i suggest you watch trailer first to see if that's acceptable to you. IMO, the characters rather jagged, but the environments are really pretty in lot of scenes. Nonetheless, if youPlaying this game is an amazing experience to me. Granted, this game, like almost other games to date, cannot satisfy everyone's taste. For those who take a lot consideration on graphical aspect of the game, i suggest you watch trailer first to see if that's acceptable to you. IMO, the characters rather jagged, but the environments are really pretty in lot of scenes. Nonetheless, if you choose not to play, you'll miss the amazing music, great and long storytelling, creative battle systems, tons of quest, addictive achievement status, and unique NPC relationship. Expand
  23. Nov 27, 2012
    This is quite possibly the best RPG of this generation, and in my own eyes a contender for the best RPG of all time. The fact that this game looks as good as it does, sounds as good as it does, and has such an epic scale on such limited hardware is truly awe-inspiring. This game is massive! The combat system is fluid and dynamic, the characters and story are well rounded, the soundtrackThis is quite possibly the best RPG of this generation, and in my own eyes a contender for the best RPG of all time. The fact that this game looks as good as it does, sounds as good as it does, and has such an epic scale on such limited hardware is truly awe-inspiring. This game is massive! The combat system is fluid and dynamic, the characters and story are well rounded, the soundtrack hits all the right notes. The Wii maybe the laughing stock of a lot of gamers, but this achievement is proof that hardware does not make the game. The games make the hardware. Expand
  24. Dec 1, 2012
    Masterpiece JRPG overworld that describes this game. I will play this game over and over again Killing those little buggers. This a video game and developers should take note because you want your game to be like this. The con could be graphics and texture, but it is not because it is more than that. I have played this for over 200 hours and more.
  25. RNH
    Feb 2, 2013
    This and Super Smash Bros, are the best Wii games there is. Xenoblade Chronicles is a must own for any self-respectable gamer. The game is huge, with a unique game world that takes place on two giant corpses. The narrative is great, the cutscenes are even better. Gameplay is no slouch too, this battle system is one no ever JRPG nor APRG has ever come up with, its clever, easy to use, andThis and Super Smash Bros, are the best Wii games there is. Xenoblade Chronicles is a must own for any self-respectable gamer. The game is huge, with a unique game world that takes place on two giant corpses. The narrative is great, the cutscenes are even better. Gameplay is no slouch too, this battle system is one no ever JRPG nor APRG has ever come up with, its clever, easy to use, and fun. The future telling system is great, the bosses are cool, and the game will last you more than 100 hours. No other game, other than Red Dead Redemption or Super Smash Bros. Brawl, has made my jaw drop like this. Expand
  26. Aug 7, 2013
    This game is the best JRPG I've played in a long time! It's story, dialogues, gameplay, graphics and also it's music (which is made by Yoko, who made the music for Kingdom Hearts, too) are all really good!
    I recommend it to you, if you have a Nintendo Wii!
  27. Jul 20, 2013
    This game was the game that finally broke me, I promised myself I would never touch the WII never purchase one, never wield that dumb condom combo. This game did it for me.

Praise be Shulk the wielder of the Future that is the Monado! On a serious note this game is pretty badass and if you are somehow able to get a copy of this I strongly recommend this Title. Though finding a

Praise be Shulk the wielder of the Future that is the Monado!

On a serious note this game is pretty badass and if you are somehow able to get a copy of this I strongly recommend this Title. Though finding a copy will be a tough shot considering I have gotten emails from Gamestop wanting to buy back my copy because apparently making only a limited number of copies for the region for a number 1 defining game of a console a perfect plan doth thou make (combined with the WII being at the end of its cycle with the WII U being released).
  28. Feb 27, 2014
    Without a doubt, the greatest game I have ever played. The story, the characters, the gameplay, the music, the world...everything is just so perfect! Especially the music! If you have never played this game before, you absolutely MUST! I enjoyed all 167 hours I've spent in this game so far, and I think you will too!
  29. Mar 11, 2014
    Play the game for 2-4 hours, if you're not hooked then, then the game is not for you. This is an amazing game, really feels like a JRPG from the 90's, and somehow Monolith Soft managed to make the game exactly as they wanted to, without Nintendo intervention (not spoiling anything!)

Short review, amazing game, really well designed battle system, great plot, and overall you're getting one of the most well thought out games I have ever seen. The whole world just comes to life in this game, and every location feels like a real place, that has some real importance. Plus the boss fights in this game are just amazing.

However if you don't get hooked withing 4 hours, put it down and never look back. Why? While the story is amazing, if you don't like the start, you probably won't like the rest of it. Plus there is a lot of needless walking in this game. Honestly they could have cut 20 hours out of the game just by introducing a motorcycle or something. It's just too long of a game, it could have been compressed into 40 hours no problem.

That said, this is still a 9/10, it's one of the best RPG's which I have ever played. It really feels like a 90's JRPG, and without spoiling anything........there is blood....in a Nintendo game.........
  30. Aug 22, 2012
    Xenoblade Chronicles is by far and away one of the best RPGs of this generation, one of the best games on the WII and even one of the best I've played since RPG's like Dragon Warrior 8 and Rogue Galaxy. Graphics wise this game isn't good, no question. For what it can do however it is not terrible. Landscapes and areas are designed well. It's just the power of the WII holding back whatXenoblade Chronicles is by far and away one of the best RPGs of this generation, one of the best games on the WII and even one of the best I've played since RPG's like Dragon Warrior 8 and Rogue Galaxy. Graphics wise this game isn't good, no question. For what it can do however it is not terrible. Landscapes and areas are designed well. It's just the power of the WII holding back what would truly be a great vision. Character models are not terrible either, they have a strong resemblance to Final Fantasy 12's characters. Controls I have no complaints either. Having the controller that came with Monster Hunter Tri makes so many games more playable for me on the WII. I'm no fan of motion controls. The voice acting is a little annoying at first but after a while you do get used to it. Sounds and music are fantastic. The quests did eventually get a bit redundant and just downright annoying. In barely a week I had 60 hours into the game and I had completed more then 250 side quests. Now this wouldn't be bad normally but this game requires you to do these side quests to level up... If you decide to skip them you could end up being vastly under leveled. Killing normal enemies did not seem to reap much reward so leveling up on normal monsters I felt was out of the question, you are basically left with not much option. This does eliminate the traditional grinding that so many people find annoying, but searching for rare collectable items and killing so and so unique monsters that have conditions to spawn is just as bad if not worse then mindless button mashing to kill enemies. It's not all bad - the story does keep you strapped into the game and leave you wondering what happens next. Exploring areas is fun as well. This games only flaw I feel is the amount of side quests put into the game. I play more PS3 and 360 games then I do WII and I can honestly say I wish this game was on either console. Xenoblade's only major flaw is that it is being constrained by the WII's specs. Overall though it's a great game and should be picked up for RPG fans. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    Story: 9/10
    While you can't understand the story, if you don't know japenese the story is basically told through the animation which is infact a very compelling one with a few plot twists.
    Graphics: 9/10 Visually Xenoblade looks fantastic the areas are massively huge, it runs a solid frame rate, there are plenty of detail in the enviorments and animations. The main characters might look
    Story: 9/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Visually Xenoblade looks fantastic the areas are massively huge, it runs a solid frame rate, there are plenty of detail in the enviorments and animations. The main characters might look abit stiff but the facial expressions make up for it.
    Gameplay: 8.5/10
    In terms of gameplay you can use the classic controller or nunchuk, either way while the combat is very simplistic there are plenty of abilitys and weapons and armor to equip, in which you could actually customize your character in a way which is pretty cool. The combat mechanics may be a bit stiff at first but you'll get used to them pretty quick.
    Sound: 9/10
    A great soundtrack and awesome voice acting makes Xenoblade suck you in even more.
    Lasting Appeal: 10/10
    Xenoblade is a long LOOONG game, and even when you manage to finish the game you can still customize your character and just mess around in quests.
    The Verdict: 9.0 Amazing!
    (Actual Score: 9.1)

Xenoblade is just downright amazing despite a few painfully minor flaws, we can only hope that someday it gets a us release but until then, you should definitely check it out if you love rpgs. If not you should still try it because who knows? You might love it.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2012
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2012

1. May 24, 2012
    Xenoblade may not be the greatest JRPG ever, but it's certainly one of the best games on the Nintendo Wii.
  2. Apr 19, 2012
    There's a lot more to recommend Xenoblade Chronicles. The dialogue, the humor, the artwork, the prophecy system, the music, the variety of environments, the character progression, the crafting system, the crazy quest density, the quest quality, the memorable characters, the collectibles, the secrets, and so on. This is a landmark achievement in the genre. As of its release, you can no longer talk about great RPGs, or maybe even great games, without also talking about Xenoblade Chronicles.
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    Xenoblade Chronicles is the sort of precious jRPG that this recent console generation has sorely lacked. Despite some missteps and over-complication, the game stands out as one of the best in recent years. Xenoblade creates a world simply begging to be explored.