007 Legends Xbox 360

4.5

1. Oct 16, 2012
    Not the greatest game made, nor is it the best Bond game ever made. That said, this isn't a complete throw away like some reviewers are saying. I do like how they've had to re-imagine some of the older movies to fit with modern times. The multiplayer could be better if they can work on latency issues. That said, give it a try. I paid full price because I am a Bond fan to the core, but INot the greatest game made, nor is it the best Bond game ever made. That said, this isn't a complete throw away like some reviewers are saying. I do like how they've had to re-imagine some of the older movies to fit with modern times. The multiplayer could be better if they can work on latency issues. That said, give it a try. I paid full price because I am a Bond fan to the core, but I imagine this will be down 20-30 bucks by Christmas. Expand
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    The game is not as bad as the reviews suggest. im playing on the hardest setting and it is a pretty good challenge. i believe this is better than the goldeneye remake. the game is not a world beater but then again mist games arnt. if your a bond fan get it. if not then still get it. The graphics i believe are better than dishonoured. i have even dropped this game to play legends. give itThe game is not as bad as the reviews suggest. im playing on the hardest setting and it is a pretty good challenge. i believe this is better than the goldeneye remake. the game is not a world beater but then again mist games arnt. if your a bond fan get it. if not then still get it. The graphics i believe are better than dishonoured. i have even dropped this game to play legends. give it a go. i believe 7/10 does this game justice. the level design is excellent if on difficult setting. i love this game. stealth and action all rolled in to one Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2014
    007 Legends is definitely the worst James Bond title of the 360/Ps3 console cycle although it is not as unplayable as some reviewers made it out to be. As a James Bond fan, I found the premise to be fantastic. I've long thought that the film franchise itself should remake some of the older novels and films now that the producers have run out of Ian Fleming stories to base their movies off007 Legends is definitely the worst James Bond title of the 360/Ps3 console cycle although it is not as unplayable as some reviewers made it out to be. As a James Bond fan, I found the premise to be fantastic. I've long thought that the film franchise itself should remake some of the older novels and films now that the producers have run out of Ian Fleming stories to base their movies off of. However, the designers ended up making some bizarre choices as to what films they decided to depict here. Goldfinger and On Her Majesty's Secret Service are natural fits. They are classic films regarded by James Bond aficionados as two of the best entries in the series. Moonraker and Die another Day are however among some of the WORST movies in the history of the franchise. I can only assume they chose Die Another Day because they wanted to include a movie for each Bond actor and it is the only Pierce Brosnan movie that has NOT been turned into a video game so far. The campy nature of Moonraker is very jarring compared to the no-nonsense toughness of the current iteration of cinematic Bond. I have fond memories about License to Kill but the drug-runner story is so generic that it's hard to milk any "Bondiness" out of the source material for this game. The Skyfall DLC seems rushed and unremarkable. Better choices for levels would have been the volcano base from You Only Live Twice, Kananga's voodoo lair from Live and Let Die, Scaramanga's funhouse island from The Man With the Golden Gun or Stromberg's submarine swallowing tanker from The Spy Who Loved Me. It's also a shame that Daniel Craig could not be talked into doing the voiceover her, making it even stranger that Bond's appearance is clearly modeled after him. Also the actor portraying Felix Leiter resembles NONE of the myriad performers who have portrayed the character over the last 50 years.

The gameplay itself ranges from unremarkable to downright broken. The stealth mechanic simply doesn't work, the quicktime fistfights are completely brainless, the driving sequences are depressingly bland and the large-scale battles are on-par with the first Call of Duty games.

James Bond is a perfect character for video games. He has a wide variety of skills, gadgets and weapons and his work takes him to exotic and dangerous locations. Whomever ends up with the license next should take a cue from the Hitman, Dues Ex, Far Cry, and Just Cause franchises and create a truly epic Bond game that allows him to trot the globe in cool vehicles armed with a bevvy of guns and gadgets. Hopefully, someone will get it right. Until then, steer away from this title unless you are a die hard Bond fan like me.

1. Nov 26, 2012
    007: Legends plays like a generic shooter and doesn't even come close to a worthy tribute to fifty years of Bond movies. The game is just way too predictable, incohesive, uninspired, cheap and bland. If 007: Legends was a martini, it would be stirred, not shaken.
  2. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    One of the weakest, most boring Bond games of all time. The brand deserves much better. [Christmas 2012, p.83]
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    But if anything is going to distract you from the mangling of classic Bond movies it will be the awful gameplay.