4.5

1. Oct 16, 2012
    Will this take the title of greatest 007 game? A definite no. But it is a solid game worth a play especially if you're a Bond fan. This happens to be exactly what Eurocom and Activision are aiming at. It's does a nice job of tying Daniel Craig's version of James Bond to the previous interpretations of 007 by expanding, perhaps a little too liberally from time-to-time, on the themes,Will this take the title of greatest 007 game? A definite no. But it is a solid game worth a play especially if you're a Bond fan. This happens to be exactly what Eurocom and Activision are aiming at. It's does a nice job of tying Daniel Craig's version of James Bond to the previous interpretations of 007 by expanding, perhaps a little too liberally from time-to-time, on the themes, stories, and locales of some of the most iconic films in the series. As a lifelong gamer and Bond fan, I find can find the fun in this game without trying and will continue to enjoy what it offers. Games in general will always be compared to the successful leaders (whether commercially or critically) in their genre, so for all of the comparisons to CoD I say "What FPS isn't compared to those these days?" But further to that point, 007 Legends does a nice job of making the player feel like Craig's Bond - gritty, fast-paced, action oriented - and the style of this games suits that just fine.

And for comparison's to one of my all time favorites, Goldeneye 007, I'll say this... That game did something rare in the gaming world; it changed the way we look at games, specifically FPS, and for those of us that are Bond fans we are simply all the more lucky that Goldeneye was the story chosen for that particular project and time. The most I can hope for in a Bond game is that it does justice to the character, not that it lives up to the legacy of Goldeneye 007. A legacy that over time we've probably all glamorized a bit too much...
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    007 Legends attempts to let the gamer relive 50 years of a masterpiece. With missions based on the movies themselves, it seems to be a necessity for any James Bond freak or player. However good the game may seem from any prospective, the masterpiece itself has some flaws. Some missions are extremely short. Some parts of a gameplay will be flawed with parts not from the actual movie. Extra007 Legends attempts to let the gamer relive 50 years of a masterpiece. With missions based on the movies themselves, it seems to be a necessity for any James Bond freak or player. However good the game may seem from any prospective, the masterpiece itself has some flaws. Some missions are extremely short. Some parts of a gameplay will be flawed with parts not from the actual movie. Extra things are added in, some to make the experience more exciting, but some make you think they actually tried to flaw it. However above all, the whole game itself is a fun, exciting, never boring game. With stealth marked right on and the combat to the max, 007 Legends might take the lead in best Bond game. And unlike some first person shooters witch have a hard to focus on plot (because there is to much killing and not enough plot) this game has an actual story in each movie level. I recommend this to players who want a fun action packed game, and with plenty violence, but with a good story. Expand
  3. May 25, 2013
    Its not that bad of a game truthfully. Its fun in its own way, especially the MP. I did notice some of the issues critics said about the game: Buggy A.I. and pop ups, but those issues are partially noticeable to me. May not be as good as Goldeneye Reloaded, but its a fun Bond game for what it is.

1. Nov 26, 2012
    007: Legends plays like a generic shooter and doesn't even come close to a worthy tribute to fifty years of Bond movies. The game is just way too predictable, incohesive, uninspired, cheap and bland. If 007: Legends was a martini, it would be stirred, not shaken.
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    One of the weakest, most boring Bond games of all time. The brand deserves much better. [Christmas 2012, p.83]
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    But if anything is going to distract you from the mangling of classic Bond movies it will be the awful gameplay.