4.6

1. Oct 16, 2012
    Don't believe the fake reviews - this is a really terrible game. The game mechanics are tired, the graphics suck, and it's extremely disconcerting to "relive" Jame Bond legendary experiences.. that not only never even happened, but take place in the present and star Daniel Craig. 007 Legends is more aptly-titled "Alternate Universe James Bond in a cheap CoD/Punch-Out Clone". Skip it.
  2. Oct 19, 2012
    I was really looking forward to 007 Legends since I'm a huge fan of 007 both the films and the games. But unfortunately, 007 Legends wins the title of the greatest disappointment of 2012. First, Daniel Craig isn't even in the game (they only used his likeness, not his voice). Speaking of the voice acting, it's as dull and uninspired as the one they did back in the late nineties when voice acting was still something new in games. Like the actors couldn't care. I'm not the kind of guy who compares every single shooter with Call of Duty. But it's hard not to compare 007 Legends with COD since every single aspect of its gameplay is identical. The stealth is awkward and you won't care if the guards spot you since it's much easier to go Rambo on them. The boss battles are the most scripted moments I've ever seen in a game. They don't have any challenge or sense of threat. By the end of them, you can simply put down your controller and see how the AI does everything for you. Supposedly, 007 Legends is a tribute to 007 in film, but it's more like a messed mash-up. When there's an iconic moment from a movie you feel the developers said "Hey! here's an iconic moment, moving on to the next" so they won't let you enjoy it. Every mission is a very synthesized version of a movie. Because of that, they missed some key scenes in them (Bond's infiltration of Sanchez's boat in Licence to Kill) or they last too short (Goldfinger's Aston Martin chase lasts less than 20 seconds). The guy who played Bond didn't even bother in saying "Bond, James Bond" when he was supposed to. The game doesn't even finish. You're supposed to wait for the Skyfall DLC to see its ending, so if you don't have an online connection you missed it. It's very obvious 007 Legends had an extremely rushed development, lacked the passion the creators spoke about in the interviews and why did EON approved this piece of trash with 007 name on it is beyond me. Not even worth for the Torrent. Expand
  3. Oct 23, 2012
    bad game. everything in the game is far below to standard of most shooters out there.
    screen is too dark and i cant even see enemies 5 feet away from me
  4. Nov 2, 2012
    I am personally a fan of the 007-games. Spanning from Golden-eye on the N64, Golden-eye Reloaded for the Xbox 360, and my biggest dirty secret is 007: Blood Stone is probably my most favorite 007 game ever made. This time around for the 50th anniversary, this game falls short hard. It's over ambitious, there's no depth, flow to the games storyline, or even the way the games mechanics work out. Things are often "vague" when trying to solve puzzles for key-cracking, safe-cracking. The storyline is very lackluster at best. What makes 007: Legends seem like an utter failure is that it's feels pieced together with Scotch tape instead of Duct Tape. The storyline is, well, there isn't really one to follow. The mechanics of the game are buggy, and frustrating. And then the gameplay aspect is just downright frustrating. The enemies just keep coming at you, with what seems unlimited health, while you the player are made to suffer through this abomination. It's a failure on both the developers part, and the publishers part. This game isn't fun, but torture. I say that because, simply, you are driven through the most linear fps shooter with a swarm of frustrating enemies that keep coming over and over. The only satisfaction that you can take away from this game might possibly be that some of the "level" designs are cool. That, and maybe the split screen multi-player. But even, the $60 for just split-screen isn't worth it.

If you want a good Bond game, this one won't do you justice. Skip it, and just wait for it to drop to bargain bin price in a few months. But, be warned, it's one frustrating game that tries to copy COD, and other successful FPS elements by slapping on arbitrary things that just make you wonder what was going on over at the publishing offices.
  5. Oct 19, 2012
    This game is a **** insult to James Bond franchise and complete waste of your money if you planning to buy or rent it. I wouldn't even pirate it !
  6. Oct 23, 2012
    How to say it in a nutshell? The game sucks. No more
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    Some thrills, but mostly a boring, confusing, painful to look at game with a storyline that will put you to sleep, if you can even piece it together. I have seen better story lines on commercials, and not just TV commercials, even billboards can have better story, and I do mean that literally. I rented this game from a redbox machine, and I am so glad I didn't buy it. At least its only $2.00 per day instead of full price. Collapse
  8. Dec 24, 2012
    This has to be the most boring FPS I've ever played. It's basically just Call of Duty 4 with James Bond slapped onto it. Only played the first two levels since it was so tedious to play, the Friendly A.I kept on pushing me out of cover as if they were against me!
  9. Jan 6, 2013
    This is a hideous game. Even the mere thought of spending money on this game, makes my pockets genuinely sad. 007 would shoot this game without even thinking twice. This game besmirches the name of James Bond and is a poor excuse for a generic shooter.

DEEKHEAD GAME.
  10. Mar 30, 2014
    When I first played this game I was like WOW this game is really good but when I got about halfway through goldfinger I was like this isn't that fun... I mean you have to take these pictures of computers and it wasn't that fun. However online is AWESOME I mean I could play Xbox live for hours and not get bored. The only reason I would get this game would be for multiplayer.
  11. Nov 20, 2012

1. Nov 26, 2012
    007: Legends plays like a generic shooter and doesn't even come close to a worthy tribute to fifty years of Bond movies. The game is just way too predictable, incohesive, uninspired, cheap and bland. If 007: Legends was a martini, it would be stirred, not shaken.
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    One of the weakest, most boring Bond games of all time. The brand deserves much better. [Christmas 2012, p.83]
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    But if anything is going to distract you from the mangling of classic Bond movies it will be the awful gameplay.